The Fruited Plain Caterers Reviews

88 | Parsippany, NJ

88 Reviews for The Fruited Plain Caterers

• Liana

Liana Kelly · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Great food, easy to work with, very professional and responsive.

Another wonderful experience working with Drew. We used the Fruited Plains for both of my daughters’ weddings and could not have been more happy with that decision. Drew was so easy to work with. He structured our menu to accommodate our theme. The day of the wedding his staff could not have been more attentive. Obviously I used him twice and would use him again if I had another child getting married.

Sent on 06/02/2019

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you Kelly Family! Your events have been a lot of fun. Loved your venue decor and menu. Best regards

Eloise Mccarthy · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Worry-free Wedding reception

What did it take for our small wedding reception to be completely worry-free? Drew and The Fruited Plain Caterers! Having an outdoor wedding reception on October 19 on our back deck could have been "hit or miss" because of the uncertainty of the weather. But Drew connected us with the right rental company and the heated tent was AMAZING!!! With 25% of our guests being vegetarians we needed a caterer who could deliver deliciousness to all our guests. Drew totally hit it! We opted for a family style luncheon and got raving reviews on the quality of the food. From the first contact email 12 months ago, to the last dish put away on wedding day, we felt we were in great hands with a consummate professional. Drew was flexible enough to accommodate some of our special requests, and because we were dealing with the company owner, decision-making was straight forward. His servers were professional, efficient and friendly. My kitchen was probably cleaner after they left than it was before they arrived! And if all that wasn't enough, honesty and integrity were also a key aspect of our working with Drew. He caught a staffing level mistake on our final invoice and personally delivered a refund check for the amount we had overpaid. Now THAT's someone I will be working with again, and recommending without hesitation to all my friends!

Sent on 10/21/2019

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Definitely a stand out event for me. Loved being there and planning with you. Your both terrific! Thank you

M Garland · Married on 03/06/2020

a perfect 10

Drew and team put together an unforgettable experience for my sister's wedding earlier this summer - between the coordination and preparation for 200 people, to the flawless execution of delivering delishious, hot meals with unbelievable flavors, Drew and his team were a 10/10. I attended nearly one dozen weddings this past summer / fall, and the food and flavors (from the apps to the main courses) from Drew's team were the best. I would recommend Drew and his team to anyone looking for a top quality wedding catering service.

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you! I may not have been on the dance floor that night, But for sure I had a blast. Best of luck
  • Amie

Amie M · Married on 01/03/2020

From one foodie to another - THE BEST

Working with Drew and the Fruited Plain was the best decision of my entire wedding day!!! They were super professional, SUPER delicious, and thorough from start to finish. They even accommodated several tastings for my very particular wife (ha!). Every guest at the wedding RAVED about the food which I feel is hard to come by. Thank you TFP for the best wedding food & coordination ever!!! The staff, the food, the process was nothing short of perfection.

Sent on 10/15/2019

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for posting those pictures! Whitney H. has a new place in my heart. Thank you for choosing us as your caterer. It was truly a day to remember.

Kiyomi McCloskey · Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful Caterer

Drew and his team made our wedding day spectacular! He went above and beyond to suit all of our needs and wishes. His staff was extremely friendly and professional. We did not have a single second where we felt like our guests weren't taken care of. The food exceeded all of our expectations and more. Drew made sure that we felt comfortable with our choices before the big day too. He accommodated multiple tastings to ensure that we were happy. The bartenders were also amazing. We gave them our recipes and with no questions asked they made them come to life. People could not stop talking about the drinks all night! I highly recommend The fruited Plain team! They will not disappoint

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Kiyomi, You guys are fantastic. Thank you for all the praise on my staff. They are hard workers who take tremendous pride in there service. Looking forward to see you in Bklyn sometime.

Chloe Lodge · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious food served up with a smile

We were so lucky to have these guys at my sister’s wedding this past summer in NJ. They accommodated every twist and turn and the food was simply delicious. Couldn’t have asked for a more professional and talented team!

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you Chloe. I appreciate your review and so glad you had a good time. Hope to see you all again. Best
  • Erin

Erin Williams · Married on 05/18/2019

The most unique wedding menu ever at a great price!

The Fruited Plain team is everything you could hope for in a caterer.
    UNIQUE MENU: They crafted the most scrumptious and distinctive menu I have ever seen for a wedding. So much time and effort was put into the menu that truly stood out against all other weddings.
    DELICIOUS FOOD: I can't say enough about how tasty the food was. Fruited Plain uses high quality ingredients which makes the food so incredible! They are masters at their craft. Our guests are still raving about the food a month later. Several people have already booked Fruited Plain for other engagements!
    IMPECCABLE SERVICE: Drew was a logistics wizard and planned everything with such ease. He handled all our rentals for our wedding at The Frelinghuysen Arboretum which took so much stress off our plate. The staff Drew brought on site were the most friendly, helpful and fun people to work with. Our guests loved them and we felt so taken care of! Drew was very responsive, knowledgeable, professional and so much fun to work with. He really became a friend through the process.
    I highly recommend Fruited Plain to cater your wedding or next event - you won't be disappointed. They are very reasonably priced, professional and make the most mouth watering food! Book them now!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Rory

Rory · Married on 04/13/2019

Exceptional Value, Wonderful Experience

Drew was amazing. I don't know how else to put it! We met with a bunch of different caterers and everything with The Fruited Plain felt different from the start. We enjoyed every aspect of the process and Drew was so helpful along the way. Nothing ever seemed to overwhelm him, and he was so great at helping to calm us down when we were feeling stressed. He is a true professional and master of his craft.

He also worked with the rental company to supply EVERYTHING we needed for our venue. I can't tell you what it was like to have that support!

On the day of the wedding, I remember seeing Drew after our first look, and it was genuinely like seeing a friend at our wedding. We were just happy to see him and glad he was there. The entire team was helpful, friendly and professional.

Now...the important part....the food. Ohhhhh yeah. So good. The cocktail hour was amazing. Drew and his team concoct such delicious, and unique, food options that we had a hard time selecting!!! We went with a buffet option for our dinner and, again, the food was amazing and Drew's team kept everything running smoothly.

We got married a month ago, and we still get compliments about the food at our wedding. We have recommended him to everyone we know and already have people looking to book him. If you are reading this, and wondering if The Fruited Plain is right for you, the answer is yes. You won't regret it.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Sarah A Azzollini · Married on 04/12/2019

they were awesome

the services was excellent, the staff was great to work with, the food was awesome and he supplied everything that you could possibly need for a wedding. I would use the company again.

Sent on 04/12/2019

Kate Gyengo · Married on 10/20/2018

In-Home Catering Event

This is the second occasion we chose Drew to cater our event and he didn’t disappoint!! His flexibility and creativity in our menu selections made the decisions easy, yet unique. His kind and laid back demeanor made the planning stress free. The flavors and freshness of our menu was talked about throughout our event! Delicious!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Susan · Married on 11/18/2017

We couldn't recommend Fruited Plain Caterers more. No detail was overlooked. The service was outstanding and our family and friends still reave about the food! Our expectations were exceeded. I should also mention the pre-contract tasting was a delight. We had decided on this vendor before the last bite.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Marissa · Married on 09/30/2017

Drew and his team were wonderful! They are professionals who know what they are doing so we never had to be nervous that something was not going to happen or not going to happen well. He is organized and knowledgable, which made the process from beginning to end really easy and smooth. He is also a really nice guy and very responsive! In addition to the service being great, the food was also fantastic! We had really great feedback from all of our guests and what we were able to eat during the event was delicious. He has a really nice mix of options and everything was yummy and presented beautifully. His staff was also really lovely and very sociable--by the end of the night our friends and family knew the bartenders' names and they were the life of the party! Thank you Fruited Plain for making our wedding so wonderful and scrumptious :)

Sent on 10/25/2017

Mabel · Married on 09/03/2017

Very professional staff and delicious food. Drew was a great help for my daughter's wedding. She is vegan and was obsessed in having vegan and healthy food. My main concern was out guest and how to please everyone's taste. Drew pulled it off with a very creative and delicious menu. We received lots of compliments and there was barely any leftover from our buffet! Thanks Drew!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Aileen · Married on 06/24/2017

My husband and I chose The Fruited Plain to cater our daughter's wedding. Drew and his staff did an excellent job. He very accommodating. The food and service was excellent.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

Drew and the staff of The Fruited Plain made our wedding so amazing and unique. In a world of pasta and chicken buffet events, The Fruited Plain makes incredibly delicious and diverse cuisine that leaves you having dreams about food. My husband and I had an incredible repertoire of hors d'oeuvres, a delicious and exotic Hawaiian buffet, and a dessert bar complete with hot chocolate whiskey shots that Drew (the owner/chef) concocted himself especially for us, and our guests are still raving about it all! My only regret of the evening was wearing a tight wedding dress which deeply restricted the amount of pork buns I could eat during cocktail hour! The Fruited Plain is extremely accommodating, flexible, responsive, and creative. Drew's passion for his work really shone through in the form of how amazing and customized our event was. I recommend The Fruited Plain to anyone in need of event catering, and please invite me so that I may eat the food. THANKS DREW!! -Lauren & Bobby

Sent on 10/27/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

I just posted your review to my Facebook saying "this is why I love my job" Thank you for choosing The Fruited Plain as your caterer. Its great couples like you that make my job fun and worthwhile. Happy holidays

Lauren · Married on 09/25/2016

The Fruited Plain catered my shower in at my friend's home in Brooklyn, NY and everything was amazing, I just need to write in a review. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. They over delivered on everything and definitely exceeded my expectations. They were organized, professional, courteous and just a pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend them to cater any type of party or wedding in the future.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Drew and his staff were exceptional!! We used the Fruited Plain for our wedding at the Glen Ridge Women's Club. The guests were very impressed with the hors d'oeuvres service and cocktail hour! They loved the options in the buffet dinner and everything was delicious! Drew was so helpful for setting up and carrying out a beautiful reception! His staff made sure everyone was taken care of and we appreciated his flexibility to accommodate vegan guests. We look forward to using the fruited plain for future events!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Doreen · Married on 09/17/2016

Drew and his team are all amazing! They are so kind, friendly, personable and really care about making your experience a good one. We heard rave reviews from our guests about the food and about the team in general. The Eggplant Rollatini was an especially big hit. We didn't serve any meat at our wedding (we had one fish dish) and no one seemed to miss it! Drew even went out of his way to make three vegan meals for me and a couple of guests. Big wins for the environment and the animals <3 The bartenders were also fantastic and we heard wonderful things about our specialty cocktails.

Would 100% recommend The Fruited Plain and would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Maria · Married on 08/27/2016

We used the Fruited Plain Caterers for our wedding on August 27th 2016 and it turned out to be absolutely fantastic. First of all (and most important), the food was absolutely delicious. We expected it, as we had a tasting before, but it exceeded our expectations. We had a Stations Buffet and had three stations, and everything was absolutely scrumptious. Carving meat stations was juicy and flavorful, and I still think about the horseradish sauce that went along with it. We also had a lot of vegetarian options and Drew definitely knows how to cook vegetarian options too - our guests went crazy for Pasta Primavera.

The service was fantastic - the staff went above and beyond to be accommodating and kind, doing things that they really didn't have to - like helping guests to take pictures etc. They were incredibly professional too. Everyone was absolutely delighted.

The communication was great too - we thought it was clear and easy, and our wishes are accommodated without any problems. Drew and his team worked with our venue, with our timeline and with the feel of our wedding.

I honestly cannot recommend Drew and his team enough. Obviously food is a very big part of a really good and joyous celebration (who doesn't love a good meal, right?), and with Drew you will absolutely get fresh, amazing and delicious quality food that will satisfy you and your guests.

I am also incredibly happy that even as a bride I did eat a lot at my reception, and it was delightful.

Thank you Drew and your team for making our reception so delicious. We really can't recommend you enough, and we're extremely happy with everything.

Maria & Jon

Sent on 08/28/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you Maria! The story on how you guys met was inspiring. Thank you for choosing me as your caterer. It was a pleasure to be a part of it.

Jonathan · Married on 08/27/2016

You will find no better caterer than Drew and his team at The Fruited Plain. They are the embodiment of professionalism, kindness, knowledge of their craft, and of course amazing food for whatever you decide to use them for. They were marvelous at our wedding and we could not recommend them any more.

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

True class Jonathan! From the day we met to the picture we took together at the receptions end! Send me a copy! Best wishes to you both.

Sharon · event on: 08/20/2016

We have used the Fruited Plain a number of times now, and they never fail to impress. The cost is so reasonable and the food tastes amazing! Our guests rave about it, and we sure do love the leftovers. Highly, Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Linda · Married on 07/08/2016

Drew was a pleasure to work with for our daughter's wedding reception. We would recommend him and his staff to cater any event. The food was unique and tasty. We would definitely book his services again!

Thank you so much!

Jen · Married on 06/18/2016

The Fruited Plain catered my wedding and did a spectacular job! The food looked beautiful and tasted delicious! The passed hors d'oeuvres are still the best I've ever had at any event I've attended. And the main course was so good I made sure to sit and eat the whole thing, which as the bride can be challenging to find time amidst the festivities. Everything was as we had planned in our meetings and tastings prior to the wedding day! The staff and servers were friendly, helpful, and professional making our event run smoothly with very happy wedding guests (and of course bride and groom!). All of my guests have been raving about the food and service at my wedding and I have very happily told them all about The Fruited Plain and it's awesome staff! Thanks so much for helping to make our special day perfect!

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Jen, loved your wedding. My staff all commented on how great everything was put together. You did a fabulous job and we were all glad to play our part.

Keira · Married on 06/11/2016

The Fruited Plain was one of four approved caterers for our venue on Manhattan's Upper East Side. We talked to people from all four, and found Drew of the Fruited Plain to be by far the most agreeable, both in terms of price and service. The Fruited Plain did a fantastic job in every respect. The hors d'oeuvres were great, the bar service was great, the meals were great, the wait staff were great. Drew and his people drew raves from many of our guests and contributed tremendously to our wedding's success.

Sent on 07/26/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you! We love The Pratt Mansion. You had a beautiful dress and a perfect weather day in NYC! Hope to see you guys again.

Lynne · Married on 05/14/2016

Drew and his team did a great job for our daughter's wedding at Willowwood. It is a beautiful spot but has challenges. Drew worked very closely to meet our wishes but if he knew we were wrong he came up with a better alternative. People raved about his food and the flow between cocktails and dinner was seamless. The men in the wedding party couldn't stop talking about how great the hot appetizers were. The evening was a little chilly so he cleverly had the couple cut the cake near the tent and then had warm coffee and cake in the barn. It was a very relaxing way to visit with guests and end the evening. His rental company also did a great job of sizing the tent and explaining set up. The next morning he and two members of his team were cheerfully setting up a delicious brunch for our guests. His quiches were great

Sent on 05/22/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Yes, the logistical challenges at the Arboretum or any outdoor venue is why i'm in the business. I love to create something that will always leave an impression on my clients and myself. Thank you all so much!