The Fruited Plain Caterers Reviews

78 Reviews for The Fruited Plain Caterers

78 The Fruited Plain Caterers Reviews

Kate Gyengo · Married on 10/20/2018

In-Home Catering Event

This is the second occasion we chose Drew to cater our event and he didn’t disappoint!! His flexibility and creativity in our menu selections made the decisions easy, yet unique. His kind and laid back demeanor made the planning stress free. The flavors and freshness of our menu was talked about throughout our event! Delicious!

Susan · Married on 11/18/2017

We couldn't recommend Fruited Plain Caterers more. No detail was overlooked. The service was outstanding and our family and friends still reave about the food! Our expectations were exceeded. I should also mention the pre-contract tasting was a delight. We had decided on this vendor before the last bite.

Marissa · Married on 09/30/2017

Drew and his team were wonderful! They are professionals who know what they are doing so we never had to be nervous that something was not going to happen or not going to happen well. He is organized and knowledgable, which made the process from beginning to end really easy and smooth. He is also a really nice guy and very responsive! In addition to the service being great, the food was also fantastic! We had really great feedback from all of our guests and what we were able to eat during the event was delicious. He has a really nice mix of options and everything was yummy and presented beautifully. His staff was also really lovely and very sociable--by the end of the night our friends and family knew the bartenders' names and they were the life of the party! Thank you Fruited Plain for making our wedding so wonderful and scrumptious :)

Mabel · Married on 09/03/2017

Very professional staff and delicious food. Drew was a great help for my daughter's wedding. She is vegan and was obsessed in having vegan and healthy food. My main concern was out guest and how to please everyone's taste. Drew pulled it off with a very creative and delicious menu. We received lots of compliments and there was barely any leftover from our buffet! Thanks Drew!

Aileen · Married on 06/24/2017

My husband and I chose The Fruited Plain to cater our daughter's wedding. Drew and his staff did an excellent job. He very accommodating. The food and service was excellent.

Lauren · Married on 09/25/2016

The Fruited Plain catered my shower in at my friend's home in Brooklyn, NY and everything was amazing, I just need to write in a review. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. They over delivered on everything and definitely exceeded my expectations. They were organized, professional, courteous and just a pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend them to cater any type of party or wedding in the future.

Drew and his staff were exceptional!! We used the Fruited Plain for our wedding at the Glen Ridge Women's Club. The guests were very impressed with the hors d'oeuvres service and cocktail hour! They loved the options in the buffet dinner and everything was delicious! Drew was so helpful for setting up and carrying out a beautiful reception! His staff made sure everyone was taken care of and we appreciated his flexibility to accommodate vegan guests. We look forward to using the fruited plain for future events!

Doreen · Married on 09/17/2016

Drew and his team are all amazing! They are so kind, friendly, personable and really care about making your experience a good one. We heard rave reviews from our guests about the food and about the team in general. The Eggplant Rollatini was an especially big hit. We didn't serve any meat at our wedding (we had one fish dish) and no one seemed to miss it! Drew even went out of his way to make three vegan meals for me and a couple of guests. Big wins for the environment and the animals <3 The bartenders were also fantastic and we heard wonderful things about our specialty cocktails.

Would 100% recommend The Fruited Plain and would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Maria · Married on 08/27/2016

We used the Fruited Plain Caterers for our wedding on August 27th 2016 and it turned out to be absolutely fantastic. First of all (and most important), the food was absolutely delicious. We expected it, as we had a tasting before, but it exceeded our expectations. We had a Stations Buffet and had three stations, and everything was absolutely scrumptious. Carving meat stations was juicy and flavorful, and I still think about the horseradish sauce that went along with it. We also had a lot of vegetarian options and Drew definitely knows how to cook vegetarian options too - our guests went crazy for Pasta Primavera.

The service was fantastic - the staff went above and beyond to be accommodating and kind, doing things that they really didn't have to - like helping guests to take pictures etc. They were incredibly professional too. Everyone was absolutely delighted.

The communication was great too - we thought it was clear and easy, and our wishes are accommodated without any problems. Drew and his team worked with our venue, with our timeline and with the feel of our wedding.

I honestly cannot recommend Drew and his team enough. Obviously food is a very big part of a really good and joyous celebration (who doesn't love a good meal, right?), and with Drew you will absolutely get fresh, amazing and delicious quality food that will satisfy you and your guests.

I am also incredibly happy that even as a bride I did eat a lot at my reception, and it was delightful.

Thank you Drew and your team for making our reception so delicious. We really can't recommend you enough, and we're extremely happy with everything.

Maria & Jon

Sent on 08/28/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you Maria! The story on how you guys met was inspiring. Thank you for choosing me as your caterer. It was a pleasure to be a part of it.

Jonathan · Married on 08/27/2016

You will find no better caterer than Drew and his team at The Fruited Plain. They are the embodiment of professionalism, kindness, knowledge of their craft, and of course amazing food for whatever you decide to use them for. They were marvelous at our wedding and we could not recommend them any more.

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

True class Jonathan! From the day we met to the picture we took together at the receptions end! Send me a copy! Best wishes to you both.

Linda · Married on 07/08/2016

Drew was a pleasure to work with for our daughter's wedding reception. We would recommend him and his staff to cater any event. The food was unique and tasty. We would definitely book his services again!

Thank you so much!

Jen · Married on 06/18/2016

The Fruited Plain catered my wedding and did a spectacular job! The food looked beautiful and tasted delicious! The passed hors d'oeuvres are still the best I've ever had at any event I've attended. And the main course was so good I made sure to sit and eat the whole thing, which as the bride can be challenging to find time amidst the festivities. Everything was as we had planned in our meetings and tastings prior to the wedding day! The staff and servers were friendly, helpful, and professional making our event run smoothly with very happy wedding guests (and of course bride and groom!). All of my guests have been raving about the food and service at my wedding and I have very happily told them all about The Fruited Plain and it's awesome staff! Thanks so much for helping to make our special day perfect!

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Jen, loved your wedding. My staff all commented on how great everything was put together. You did a fabulous job and we were all glad to play our part.

Keira · Married on 06/11/2016

The Fruited Plain was one of four approved caterers for our venue on Manhattan's Upper East Side. We talked to people from all four, and found Drew of the Fruited Plain to be by far the most agreeable, both in terms of price and service. The Fruited Plain did a fantastic job in every respect. The hors d'oeuvres were great, the bar service was great, the meals were great, the wait staff were great. Drew and his people drew raves from many of our guests and contributed tremendously to our wedding's success.

Sent on 07/26/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you! We love The Pratt Mansion. You had a beautiful dress and a perfect weather day in NYC! Hope to see you guys again.

Lynne · Married on 05/14/2016

Drew and his team did a great job for our daughter's wedding at Willowwood. It is a beautiful spot but has challenges. Drew worked very closely to meet our wishes but if he knew we were wrong he came up with a better alternative. People raved about his food and the flow between cocktails and dinner was seamless. The men in the wedding party couldn't stop talking about how great the hot appetizers were. The evening was a little chilly so he cleverly had the couple cut the cake near the tent and then had warm coffee and cake in the barn. It was a very relaxing way to visit with guests and end the evening. His rental company also did a great job of sizing the tent and explaining set up. The next morning he and two members of his team were cheerfully setting up a delicious brunch for our guests. His quiches were great

Sent on 05/22/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Yes, the logistical challenges at the Arboretum or any outdoor venue is why i'm in the business. I love to create something that will always leave an impression on my clients and myself. Thank you all so much!

Nick · Married on 05/14/2016

We had Fruited Plain cater our wedding and it was fantastic. We got loads of compliments from our guests about the food. The staff was very professional and friendly. The wedding was also entirely outdoors, requiring a lot of planning. They handled everything seamlessly.

We also felt like we got a good price, especially in comparison to the competing vendors in the area. An overall great experience!

Sent on 09/30/2016

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

You guys were great Nick! Thank you for your comments and best of luck in your new life together!

Karen · Married on 04/30/2016

couldn't be happier with the prices, the service provided on our wedding day, and the professionalism of drew and his team.

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Great job on planing Karen. It was nice working with you. Best regards!

Michael · Married on 10/09/2015

My Wife and I needed a caterer who would be able to work in the odd, yet charming space of the Art Factory in Paterson NJ. We wanted a buffet style dinner- something our old-school Italian relatives would like as well as our younger mid-twenties friends. First and foremost, The Fruited Plain have a fantastic staff and we could not have pulled off such a successful and entertaining wedding without their help and support throughout the entire process. Not only had the staff worked in that particular space before, but were already well acquainted with working non-traditional weddings like our own. From the beginning, Drew Gabbe has been nothing but helpful in aiding us throughout the entire dining and reception process. The Fruited Plain not only provided the food and drinks, but was able to rent speakers for the occasion since my Wife and I didn't want to use a DJ or band. I can't say enough how truly remarkable the staff were. They were a lot of fun but dressed sharp and professional and were always willing to help our guests. Most importantly though, the food was fantastic. My relatives are still raving about the Bruschetta and the Chicken Parm. It was really spectacular. I would recommend The Fruited Plain for any wedding or catered event. I couldn't be more thankful for all of their great help and service.

Sent on 10/22/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you Michael, I was really happy with your reception and loved meeting your family and friends. Best of luck

Drew and his team did a fantastic job catering our wedding, and were a pleasure to work with throughout. We chose to work with Fruited Plain as we were looking for an alternative experience to the typical overly-expensive, rigid catering option attached to our Venue.

Drew was very flexible, willing to work around our busy work schedule to meet with us for tastings and menu selection. On the day, the Fruited Plain delivered on professionalism and great tasting food all around. We kept hearing from our guests that cocktail hour was plentiful, with constant passed hors d'oeuvres and a good variety of flavors. Dinner also got rave reviews - many people telling us that the steak (and fish, and veg. option) were some of the best they'd ever had at a wedding.

Drew was very down-to-earth throughout the process and helped to make the food selection, serving, and budget come together with the least amount of hassle possible. We highly recommend Drew & The Fruited Plain.

Sent on 10/18/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

I loved your vision with this venue. Since it was my first time at the Metropolitan building in LIC I was really into the logistics. Its what makes my job so great! Thank you so much and I wish you guys the best! Drew

Drew and his crew catered my daughter's wedding this past weekend. From the hors-d'oeuvres at cocktail hour through the main meal and dessert the food was out of this world. Many compliments from our guests. The food preparers, bartenders and wait staff were pleasant, courteous and went out of their way to make the whole event memorable. The wedding and reception were held at a very rustic children's summer camp which was a challenge for this caterer. But, they pulled it off effortlessly.

Sent on 09/14/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Camp kitchens are really cool to work in. This one was no exception! Loved the experience. Thank you.

The Fruited Plain catered my daughter's wedding and we were very happy with their service. We were referred to the Fruited Plain by our venue. The manager said not only had The Fruited Plan catered a number of events at the venue, but several of the people who worked there had hired The Fruited Plain for personal events. For my daughter's wedding, we had to please meat eaters, vegetarian and vegans in our family. Drew was very flexible when it came to the menu, and he went out of his way to come up with recipes for vegan versions of his mashed potatoes and several other dishes, I also rented all the table service from The Fruited Plain, and the staff set the tables, put up our centerpieces and cleared the tables at the end of the evening, which was a big help. Everyone loved the food and the service was thorough and professional.

Sent on 10/11/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Yes, White Meadow Lake Country Club is a frequent place for us. Its always a fantastic venue for our couples to tie the knot. Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Molly · Married on 09/12/2015

Choosing The Fruited Plain as my caterer for my wedding was one of the best decisions I could have ever made. I would definitely recommend their services for anyone who is looking for not only a job well done but also staff and services who go above and beyond. At first meeting with the operations manager, Drew I was nervous he wouldn't like the venue because we were getting married at a camp and it is very rustic. Upon seeing the site, he was nothing but positive and said he was so excited! It made me feel so great knowing he had no worries and had such confidence. We met several times and he was always there via email or phone if I needed to change something last minute or add something. When it came time for the wedding day, I showed up and was blown away by the execution of everything. Not only did they do everything I asked but they did more! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The entire day was a dream come true, the food was excellent, and all the guests exclaimed how much they loved the food. People said they went up for seconds the food was so great!

Sent on 10/13/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Molly, The moment you told me your story of how you met, I was sold. Life guard and camp counselor gets married at their camp! Loved being part of it. Thank you.

June · Married on 08/22/2015

I was delighted with Fruited Plain caterers. The food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. So many of my guests remarked how much they liked the meal. Drew and all the staff went out of their way to make our event special. Drew made helpful suggestions during the planning, and helped me to find delicious substitutions for some of my friends with food allergies. I was really able to enjoy the day so much more, because I had no concern about the meal and its presentation.

Sent on 10/08/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thanks June! It was a pleasure working with you and Ed. Best wishes to you both.

The skies opened up and the rain poured down on us all day for our backyard wedding, but it didn't matter!
    We were under the tent with family and close friends while Drew and his professional staff at the Fruited Plain made our wedding the most memorable day of our new lives together.

From the moment Drew arrived early in the afternoon, decisions were made with cool and calm as the skies threatened and the weather reports of rain were made real. This fast became a torrential downpour that lasted all evening. No longer out of the tent seating! Without missing a beat, Drew's team reorganized the tables under the tent and made it seem as if this was the plan all along. It became the start of an intimate gathering, where every person under that tent forgot about the downpour and became part of a beautiful ceremony and fun filled evening, all thanks to Drew and his staff.

We were awestruck at the way they attended to everyone’s needs, while delivering and serving the best prepared food we’ve ever tasted outside of an actual restaurant. The Fruited Plain made our vegetarian/vegan wedding a reality, without making any one of our guests wonder “where’s the beef!” Compliments abounded from almost every person there that evening. We heard over and over again how wonderful the staff was as the rain poured down. We will never forget their cheerfulness as they went about their work. They truly are an incredible team.

Drew, shepherded us through the weeks prior to the wedding. He was an absolute delight to work. From our initial tasting at his café, to working with the rental company, to the setup and execution the day of the event, no detail was missed. He was the calm at the center of the storm (literally and figuratively!).

The Fruited Plain made our wedding a magical event! We recommend them wholeheartedly.

Sent on 10/31/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

No one ever believes me when I say that some of the best events we do happen when it rains. I have a really tight crew. We prosper in adverse conditions or with logistical situations. Loved being there! Thank you

Michael · Married on 06/06/2015

I can't recommend Drew and the Fruited Plain caterers enough. Drew worked with us to ensure that we had what we needed and that everything would run smoothly - and definitely what above and beyond to adapt the plans as things changed.

Sent on 10/27/2015

The Fruited Plain Caterers's reply:

Thank you Mike! It was a pleasure.