The Frazier History Museum Reviews

The Frazier History Museum 5
The Frazier History Museum 6
The Frazier History Museum 7

Elizabeth · Married on 03/09/2019

Excellent experience all around!!!

Hubby and I loved getting married at The Frazier! Tori and Abby were great coordinators. They walked us through everything, and made sure the wedding and reception went smoothly. We kept the decorations minimal, because The Frazier has such a classic and rustic look. And the cocktail hour in the Order of the Writ room was just perfect! And, even though it poured on our wedding day (which ruined the plan for a rooftop ceremony), we had a beautiful backup location, and we were able to take wedding pics anywhere in the museum!

Sent on 03/22/2019
    The Frazier History Museum 13
    The Frazier History Museum 14

Marie · Married on 10/13/2017

The Frazier Museum did a fantastic job with our daughter's wedding. Having the Speak Easy with the Prohibition exhibit for the cocktail hour was a great idea. Abby our coordinator was the best!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Heather · Married on 06/30/2017

Our event coordinator, Abby, was very easy to work with and made sure everything was ready to go! Loved the venue and it turned out exactly as I wanted.

Sent on 07/18/2017

crystal · Married on 10/01/2016

Everything was perfect and all the staff was very professional. I do wish that someone would have noticed the groomsmen had phones, keys, and sunglasses hanging out of their pockets. Kind of hard to notice as the bride since you're in the back. I didn't know until we received our pictures. The venue was beautiful. The rooftop was exactly how I imagined and Julie was very attentive to anything we asked. I would recommend this place to every single person. Its worth every penny.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Throughout my planning process I spoke with all the girls at the Frazier, but Julie S. was my contact on the day of my wedding and she was absolutely awesome. I would recommend hosting a wedding ceremony and reception at this venue solely based on the service, flexibility, and care that Julie provided.

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • Katie Xu

Katie Xu · Married on 08/08/2015

Having our wedding at the Frazier was probably the best decision we made during the whole wedding planning process. The event coordinators are incredibly sweet, helpful, professional people and they made the last week before the wedding, as well as the wedding evening itself, super easy. My event coordinator was on-site during the entirety of setup, ceremony, and reception and made sure that everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there, including guests and vendors. Not only are the people at the Frazier great, but the facilities themselves are first-rate. My ceremony was on the rooftop and it was absolutely gorgeous. They have flowers planted all around the edges of the roof so I barely had to decorate at all. The first floor Great Hall, where my reception was held, has incredible lighting and a lot of space. I'm so so happy we chose the Frazier and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/23/2015

We recently had our daughter's wedding and reception at Frazier Museum. The venue and the event coordinators are wonderful. We could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. I would highly recommend the venue and know that anyone will be extremely pleased with all their services. Who needs a wedding coordinator if your event is at the Frazier? They helped make our daughter's wedding perfect.

Sent on 05/02/2015
  • User4192180 · 2+ years ago

Everyone at The Frazier Museum is really helpful. They are so quick to respond to questions and offer advice for planning. Beautiful space for a pretty good price

Sent on 07/27/2014

Chelsea · Married on 06/21/2014

We LOVED Frazier! We looked at almost every wedding venue in Louisville before we decided on Frazier and I really believe that we made the perfect choice. Their staff (especially Valerie) were very helpful, responsive and accommodating. They went out of their way to make sure every detail of our event was handled, they even lent tools to my step-dad when he was setting up our wedding arch!

The rooftop is a beautiful spot for a ceremony and made for some very lovely photos. Everyone commented on how unique and beautiful the space was.

I cannot say enough great things about Frazier. If you have your event there, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/10/2014
  • User3196120 · 2+ years ago

They Were very helpful and Professional. I only did my Ceremony there, but it was Amazing!!!! :) Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Brandie · Married on 09/18/2011

I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff is at Frazier! Julie was absolutely wonderful to work with while planning. She coordinated everything with our other vendors which was very helpful! Valerie was our wedding coordinator, we LOVED her! We planned our wedding for the rooftop of the Frazier Museum with their fourth floor loft as our backup. The morning of the wedding was cloudy and rainy. You could imagine how I felt. Valerie was so calming and very productive. She gave us up to 30 minutes before the ceremony to decided if we were to proceed with the rooftop or the loft. It cleared up enough before the ceremony so that we could still have the ceremony outside but we decided to hold the reception in the loft. In the short amount of time that they had they decorated and set up the entire loft.. it was PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for a better day and they made it all possible!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Hannah · Married on 06/10/2011

I worked with Julie K and Julie S throughout my planning process. I knew that I wanted to have the wedding and reception at Frazier before we even met with anyone, but knowing that the Julies would be taking care of us made it even better. They always emailed me back promptly and answered all my questions. They went above and beyond to accommodate my family and I and were always so friendly and helpful! We chose not to use the rooftop for our ceremony and I do not regret it. We had the reception and ceremony in the 4th floor loft. There are black curtains that can divide the space. I was not willing to risk the heat to have the ceremony on the roof top but it is beautiful. The industrial feel of the loft fit us so we were just fine with doing the ceremony indoors. There are a lot of great picture opportunities around Frazier on West Main Street and our guests enjoyed seeing that area of Louisville!
    Thank you Julie K and Julie S!!!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/20/2011

We couldn't have asked for a better location for our wedding. We chose the rooftop garden setting which had a fantastic view and plenty of space for all of our guests. The staff was helpful and always there for us to answer all questions and keep our day running as smoothly as possible. The conference rooms/dressing rooms were well kept and offered plenty of space for the wedding parties. The staff was professional and knowledgable. We would definitely recommend the venue to anyone.

Sent on 04/15/2014

l · Married on 09/09/2017

Beautiful roof garden and reception area. Helpful staff. Highly recommended

Sent on 09/18/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2016

The ladies that worked with me at Frazier were so friendly, well organized and on top of things. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and my husband and I were so happy with how things went. We received many compliments from guests, everyone just loved the venue. The rooftop ceremony was gorgeous. I would definitely recommend this venue to another couple!

Sent on 09/26/2016

I LOVE working with the staff at the Frazier. I have several people in my family and wedding party from out of town, and every time I asked to take a peak at the location(mom wanted to view b/c she was visiting) they didn't hesitate. Beautiful blank canvas, which is what I love about the venue. The river view is also amazing. I looked at almost every other venue option in Louisville, and wasn't excited about those like I was with Frazier.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Stacy · Married on 05/30/2015

Great venue in downtown Louisville. The loft is an amazing space and makes for a awesome event!

Sent on 06/04/2015

MEGAN · Married on 09/15/2018

I got married here in Sept 2018 and worked with Abby, the event coordinator, and she was incredibly helpful. This venue was by far the favorite we looked at in KY because it offered incredibly beautiful spaces for the 1) ceremony (rooftop or first floor in case it rains), 2) the cocktail hour (in their newly renovated bourbon speakeasy!) and 3) the reception (large space with high ceilings and ample room for buffet/bars). Abby is trustworthy, dependable, professional, patient, and responsive. Our flexibility rating is less than 5 only because they have a handful of vendors/caterers that you must use, otherwise there's a steep fee; however, their vendors are some of the best in the industry (we used Masterson's) and since they're used to working with these vendors regularly it calls for less unwelcome surprises on the day-of.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Kelsey · Married on 10/21/2017

I loved having our reception at the Frazier! They provide coordinators for your event that are very responsive and organized. You can tell that they are experienced and know exactly how to set things up and make the space look great. We had a larger wedding, inviting 250+ people and the loft was a perfect size for dinner. However, I think the highlight of the night was having the cocktail reception on the roof - the weather and views were so great. The venue didn't require a ton of decor - I added uplights and overhead market lighting to warm things up a bit, and it was perfect. The exposed white brick walls were really lovely. I never actually met my coordinator Abby - but I think that's actually a good thing - she had things squared away with my planner so I had no questions at all on the day of. My only criticism is that the elevators are a bit tricky. Certain floors have restricted access - so when all the guests were trying to leave, they got into the elevators and pressed 1, which didn't work because apparently they needed to press B. Very minor, just caused a bit of a back up during the exit. Otherwise everything was fantastic!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Victoria · Married on 11/15/2014

I really enjoyed working with the Frazier. Very responsive to any questions I had during the process, and did a great job outlining the costs, due dates, etc. The only complaint I had was that the reception was only until 9:30 pm, which was a little early, but again, I knew that ahead of time and there were no surprises from their end. Beautiful location. And I appreciated they helped tear down the event super fast so we could get moving to the afterparty.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Chris · Married on 06/19/2010

4.2

The Frazier International History Museum was a beautiful venue for our wedding and reception. The rooftop overlooks the river, and you have the city scape to your back. The pictures turned out beautifully, and we couldn't have asked for a better choice. The staff was very helpful, and Julie made sure our event went on without a hitch.

Sent on 07/15/2010

Krista · Married on 05/23/2014

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

I think it would have been nice if one of the workers would have let us know how boring the backdrop of the ceremony is from the waist down, all I see in my pics is gravel and a black bar, also this could have been part the photographers job. Maybe just more suggestions to fill up plain looking spots in the reception space cause in a lot of my pictures it was just a cement wall background. But overall staff was great and helpful, everything went smoothly and had perfect weather!!! Very happy with the event!!!

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • O

Oshin · Married on 06/16/2017

2.2
      2.0
      2.0
      1.5

The venue itself is beautiful, we had our ceremony on the rooftop and our reception in the Great Hall. However, we did have several issues with the event staff member who helped plan out our big day. We had major problems with communication and professionalism, to the point where we felt like we were being ignored, and had to contact upper management. After numerous calls and messages we didn’t get personal contact for over a week, which was the week before the wedding. It was disappointing to us, and left us feeling like we were not an important enough event to get the proper communication. A few other vendors stated they had trouble getting correct information as well. We had several additional issues with our coordinator, definitely did not seem like someone who paid attention to important details. This was our only vendor we had any issue with. Still would recommend as unique and fun place to get married.

Sent on 06/26/2017