The Flower Petaler Reviews

69 | Huntington, NY

69 Reviews for The Flower Petaler

69 The Flower Petaler Reviews

Tracy · Married on 09/21/2018

Meredith did our floral arrangements for our wedding back in September 2018! I am a very indecisive person and I love everything! So I am not the easiest client. She was able to take all the crazy ideas I had in my head and turn them into magic! She really hit the nail on the head with what we wanted and what flowed with our theme! We couldn’t of been happier with every detail she put into everything! When We walked into my reception room, I cried because the centerpieces and floral arrangements on out cake really brought life to the room! I highly recommend Meredith! She will really take the time to sit with you and understand what you want and she is also honest, which I really appreciate! She has such a talent and it shows in everything she does!
    -the Hults

The Flower Petaler 6
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2018

A passionate professional

Meredith is a true gem – her passion for her work is evident from the first consultation through to the finished product. After meeting with several florists, Meredith was a standout in the quality of her work, her attention to detail, and the care she took in explaining each step of the floral design process. Flowers can be a huge expense, but Meredith was flexible in working with our budget to ensure we were still able to include all the elements we wanted. She gave us honest advice about straightforward ways to save money, including purchasing our own centerpiece containers. At our mock-up appointment, she spent all morning with me, trying out different combinations and tweaking our plans for each arrangement until they were just right. She also understood and shared my determination to have no flowers go to waste and offered to have her staff move the ceremony flowers, including the trellis garland, into the reception space after the ceremony for no additional charge. On the day of the wedding, every bouquet and arrangement was flawless. I am so happy that we found Meredith and can’t recommend her enough!

The Flower Petaler 7
    The Flower Petaler 8
    The Flower Petaler 9
    The Flower Petaler 10

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

When I first met Meredith, I had no idea where to begin. I had never ordered flowers before and had definitely never planned a wedding! Meredith took a look at my Pinterest board and helped me figure out what types of flowers I would like as well as what types of flowers would actually look good and would hold up in the heat of my July beach wedding.

She also found areas where I could save money by purchasing the boxes for my centerpieces myself or adding in candles to reduce the amount of flowers. I knew I could trust her and she wasn't just trying to add to my overall bill.

When I met her the 2nd time, she put together samples of my bouquets and centerpieces literally before my eyes. I couldn't believe how talented she was.

Finally, on the day of my wedding, I never had to even think about the flowers. She hand delivered my bouquets to the hotel and then went to the venue to ensure everything looked beautiful. She even added flowers to my cake!

I highly recommend The Flower Petaler for your wedding or special occasion.

The Flower Petaler 11
    The Flower Petaler 12
    The Flower Petaler 13
    The Flower Petaler 14
    The Flower Petaler 15
    The Flower Petaler 16

Senefa · Married on 06/30/2018

Working with Meredith was a dream. I showed her a couple of pictures and mentioned some flowers I wanted and she created the most beautiful bouquets! She is responsive and very reasonably priced compared to other florists. Meredith was so easy to work with and she even hand delivered our bouquets to my hotel room. How sweet! I had an amazing experience with The Flower Petaler and definitely reccomend working with them.

Angela · Married on 05/19/2018

Meredith is one of a kind!

Meredith (The Flower Petaler) is seriously one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding. I was not really into flowers and didn't know much about them. I only knew what type I did not like and what color I wanted. Meredith was great and walked me through the entire process. She is really passionate about what she does and really cares about the final product. On the day of my wedding, she came by and showed me my flowers and added an extra type flower (that we did not previously discuss) that I LOVED. It was absolutely perfect! She got to know me that well! I would recommend her not only weddings but for any event that requires flowers. Thank you Meredith!

Phyllis Unger · Married on 03/24/2018

The Flower Petaler

If I could give the Flower Petaler 10 stars, I would. Meredith is wonderful. She works with you to design beautiful floral arrangements that are within your budget. Meredith met with my daughter and I, and with my daughter's input, designed beautiful table arrangements and bouquets. Out of all the vendors that I dealt with for my daughter's wedding, I had absolutely no stress with the Flower Petaler. Meredith is a professional and I was so happy with everything she did for my daughter's wedding. She helped make it a perfect day.

Geralyn · Married on 01/27/2018

This is the second time we have used Meredith, and her company, to provide flowers for our daughters wedding. She is wonderful. She took the time to listen to EXACTLY what Katie and Andrew wanted for their wedding, and the flowers, and the decorations, she provided for the chapel, and the reception hall, were beautiful. Not only were the flowers beautiful, they were so carefully arranged, and created especially for THIS event. There were some concerns about "HOW DO WE DO THIS EFFECT" and Meredith gave Katie and Andrew so many choices to choose from, all within their budget. She listened and she did exactly what they wanted, and EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL - the bridal bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, the runner for the ceremony, the glass decorations for the Chuppah, and even the Chuppah itself. Everything was perfect. Thank you Meredith, for all your care and attention to detail.

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2017

My wedding was on 11/19/2017. Meredith was such a pleasure to work with. She's so considerate and understanding. She helped me bring my vision to life with my centerpieces, bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres, chuppah, aisle decorations... She made an incredible effort to really understand what I was going for and made it happen. And let me tell you, it was all GORGEOUS. Although I brought the ideas to the table, I would not have been able to actually execute it with such expertise and perfection as she did. She really appreciated what I wanted. She gave her constructive opinion when necessary, but she never tried to impose her personal preferences (which I experienced with another florist before deciding to work with Meredith). I was very picky about the type of vases that I wanted for the centerpieces...she offered what she had available (which is an enormous selection!) but because I wanted something very specific, she let me purchase my vases separately and was fine to use them! No complaints! (That earlier florist I mentioned who tried to impose her personal preferences, she didn't have the vases I wanted and would only let me pick from her selection.) Meredith was so accommodating when I kept adding new details, tweaking things last minute, or adding completely new pieces. The week before, we needed to add a whole new centerpiece because we added an additional table...and she made it happen without an issue! Let me also mention that I came to Meredith with a specific budget and she did everything she could to help me pick flowers and arrangements that fit within my budget while still being as close to what I wanted as possible. She never pressured me to spend more than what I was comfortable with!
    Meredith does a great job and wants to make sure you're happy with what you get. You can tell that she loves what she does and genuinely cares about her customers! I highly recommend choosing Meredith (The Flower Petaler) for your next event!!!

The Flower Petaler 17
    The Flower Petaler 18
    The Flower Petaler 19
    The Flower Petaler 20

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

Meredith was an absolute dream to work with for our wedding on September 30 of this year. From day one Meredith was super responsive to all of my ideas and was able to make my super vague vision an even better reality. On my wedding day, Meredith and her team were there bright and early to make sure I had my flowers for pre wedding photos. It was raining on and off throughout my wedding day and we made the call to have the wedding outside about 30 minutes before the ceremony started. Meredith miraculously pulled the whole ceremony together and it came out beautifully. All of my vendors commented on how gorgeous her flowers were and took her card. My guests can't stop talking about how unique and gorgeous my flowers were. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would recommend Meredith to any bride-to-be.

Colleen · Married on 09/29/2017

Choosing the Flower Petaler was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Meredith was such a pleasure to work with and created absolutely stunning bouquets and centerpieces––they were perfect in every way. She brought my exact vision to life and even made it better than I could have imagined. Our wedding guests kept telling me how beautiful the flowers were––"the best wedding flowers they had ever seen." I couldn't agree more! Thank you for everything, Meredith!

Danielle · Married on 09/16/2017

This was one of the best and easiest decisions I made during the wedding planning process!! Meredith was amazing at taking what little information I knew about flowers and greens and making the perfect bouquets, center pieces, and floral decorations for my wedding. She was able to give me options to stay in my budget and seasonal recommendations. I had seen four florists before speaking with Meredith and I was very concerned about what I was going to do. The second I did a consultation, I was sold! Meredith was helpful, supportive, and responsive during the whole process. During the sample appointment I was able to really see how everything was going to look and I could see Meredith’s talent! You must do a sample, it’s so reassuring to see that everything will be able to go smoothly and is one of the first examples of what your day will really look like (rather than all of your hopes and plans you have in your binder if your obsessively organized like me). The day of the wedding Meredith and her team were great and perfectly timely, we had no issues getting all of our drop offs and her team picked up our church pieces to reuse at the reception. Everyone loved the flowers and we had no issues with getting people to take them after the wedding. Also after our wedding my sister-in-law to be booked Meredith for her wedding in May ‘19. Their flowers were just as beautiful and a completely different style than what we had. All in all it was a great experience. I highly recommended Meredith!!!

The Flower Petaler 21
    The Flower Petaler 22
    The Flower Petaler 23

JANINE · Married on 07/09/2017

You HAVE to meet with Meredith! Save your valuable time, she will go above and beyond for you. I found her pricing to be almost half of another Huntington vendor. Her creative style and highly motivated work ethic will provide you a "peace of mind" that we all want for our wedding day. My guests continually commented on the wedding aisle that Meredith designed, AND broke down and re-used for our dining tables during reception. She is so darn amazing, she even sat for our nuptials! Oh, talk about the personal touch? She provided my guests with wrap and ribbon for taking home the tall calla lilies and palms, while the other arrangements went home with the beautiful low glass square vase. (can easily repurpose that square vase, lol)
    THANK YOU MEREDITH!! XOX

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/25/2017

I got married June 25th and three months later, my wedding guests are still talking about our flowers! Meredith was incredible to work with from start to finish and totally captured the vision I was going for. She took our colors of fuchsia, orange and turquoise to a level I couldn't have even imagined. I could not have asked for anything more. I highly recommend Meredith and her team!

The Flower Petaler 24
    The Flower Petaler 31
    The Flower Petaler 32
    The Flower Petaler 33

Danielle · Married on 05/14/2017

Meredith, owner of the Flower Petaler is the kindest person you could ever meet and her flowers are the most beautiful you could ever see. Her pure talent in matching your wedding colors with her flowers is phenomenal. Her prices are reasonable as well. She went out of her way for me and my family. I absolutely love her and her business. My wedding was gorgeous!! Thank you Meredith!!!

Jaime · Married on 10/15/2016

Meredith and her team were INCREDIBLE. She worked with me from the moment we met, both on budget and aesthetic, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome of the centerpieces and bouquets. I wasn't a difficult bride, but I definitely had a vision, and lots of questions - I was also on a VERY TIGHT budget. My emails were answered within a day or so, and I was always accommodated. I honestly can't recommend The Flower Petaler enough. Truly hoping to work together again.

Alex · Married on 10/08/2016

After hearing all the horror stories about people's experiences with their florists, I took a recommendation to see Meredith at The Flower Petaler. It was the best thing I ever did. It is now December and people are still talking about our gorgeous flowers. I've never even heard of guests taking such large notice of flowers, let alone compliment them but that is just how beautiful they were. Meredith was able to take my ideas and bring them life. My mother and I were BLOWN AWAY at our sample meeting and the flowers on that day were even better. Meredith came that day to drop off my flowers, walked them in my house personally and hugged me and was there to pick them up that night. The aisle flowers at our church ceremony were so beautiful there were none left to recycle for the reception because everyone left with them. They were alive all day long, and my father even sent me a picture of my bouquet a week later still alive in water. Meredith is truly unbelievable. She is super personable, very down the earth, and honest. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. I hope to work with her again in the future!

Alexsandra · Married on 09/17/2016

Meredith is the absolute best! She and her team at the flower petaler went above and beyond and made my vision come to life for our wedding. I received numerous rave reviews over every arrangement and bouquet she made! She really listens and personalizes and makes you want to return for any floral needs (which I now have many times) because you never question she'll do a beautiful job. She also does her best to fit within your budget while still delivering a million dollar look. I can't say enough good things and recommend Meredith any more highly!

Kasey · Married on 09/04/2016

One day while visiting my parents, I noticed this unique, whimsical fall bouquet on the coffee table. It was done by the Flower Petaler- who I ended up using, and quickly became my absolute FAVORITE VENDOR in a wedding full of seriously great vendors.

It was a beach wedding, and I wanted to play with that theme, but without being too kitschy. I'm an art director so I was pretty picky with the visual parts of the wedding, and I was very afraid of over-doing items like anchors, starfish, shells, etc. I also wanted the bouquets to look very natural, as if they were just picked from the garden. Meredith TOTALLY got it. Right away. She had so many great suggestions, thought about things that I didn’t such as wind, and was very easy to work with- efficient but patient and focused on getting what YOU want. She masterfully combined vintage hurricane lanterns, an array of beautiful glass bottles, unique driftwood pieces, all adorned with tasteful white flowers, some succulents, & beach grass. The best part was the huppah. White birch, with these awesome big pieces of driftwood Meredith had been collecting. She hung white flowers and some crystal strands (which I wasn’t at first into and then the way they all lightly sparkled in the sun was AMAZING) from the top. My mother and I were bouncing with excitement when we left our final appointment.

About two days before the wedding, Hurricane Hermine became a harsh reality that was expected to hit right around ceremony-time. Upon seeing the weather Meredith called me with a slew of new suggestions on how to make this wedding decor PERFECT, inside (adding candles, provided an alternate huppah option, etc.) or outside. I actually think she cared more than me- very comforting. She ALSO offered to bring the bouquets to my house beforehand for pictures, then picked them all up from the venue, brought them to my parents house, and re-set them all up throughout the house for the after party! I mean... amazing.

Tina · Married on 07/03/2016

Meredith and her team were absolutely incredible!! As an out-of town bride that lives in NC but got married on Long Island, Meredith could not have been more helpful and attentive to make sure my vision came to life. She was always available via email/phone and really tried to accommodate my schedule when I was in town. Not only was she a dream to work with, but the floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful! She really listened to my vision and worked with me with getting all of the arrangements that I wanted within my designated budget. She made all of the floral deliveries day and I did not have to worry about a thing. I am so happy that I chose the Flower Petaler and can't wait to work with them again!

Caroline · Married on 05/29/2016

Meredith from start to finish was absolutely courteous, friendly, professional in the wedding planning and flowers process. She was recommended to me by my sister and I was so glad that she did! I planned my wedding from a long distance, and Meredith was very easy to communicate with regarding our needs and appointment times (as my ability to stop by every so often was limited!). Her demo was superb and she was able to accommodate us quickly, and the final product was unbelievable! I'm still in awe of how lovely our arch, bridal bouquet, corsages, boutonnieres, chair additions, and flower boxes for the tables came out. My family and friends were so impressed too! She is the best, and I could not be more grateful for having her take part in making our day even more special!

Brittany · Married on 05/13/2016

Meredith was amazing!!! She made the whole flower process so simple when i thought it would be overwhelming, she knew exactly the look I was going for after about 5 min into the initial consultation, she was spot on! I had some changes and additions and other tweaks along the way and she answered quickly, accommodated to my changes and gave me amazing advice. She made sure everything would look amazing. When we did the samples I was in awe how beautiful it all looked! And the day of omg all the flowers were perfect (and I had a lot!) my theme was sort of bohemian vintage and she took that and made it come to life! She works with any budget as well and adjusted my flowers etc to fit the budget. So happy with the flower petaler, Meredith and her staff are truly flower geniuses! I got so many compliments on the flowers and bouquets, Use flower petaler for an amazing stress free experience!

Christa · Married on 04/09/2016

We could not be happier with the Flower Petaler! Meredith was amazing to work with. As someone who has terrible allergies I know very little about flowers but I knew I wanted bright colors. Meredith and I communicated a lot of ideas through Pinterest. When we knew exactly what colors we wanted we brought our Legos (yes, the wedding was Lego themed!) and Meredith had picked out gorgeous flowers that matched perfectly. The arrangements were amazing. She advised us from the very beginning about the types of centerpieces that would work well in the venue space and with our budget. She gave us options when it came to the type of hydrangea - a cheaper white one that could be dyed or a more expensive colorful one. She was very honest and upfront about the costs and really worked with our budget. The bouquets were beautiful but everyone could not stop complimenting the centerpieces. Within months of our wedding, both before and after, we attended quite a few weddings. None of the arrangements can compare to the ones Meredith did for us. They truly were beautiful. I wish more people realized to take them home at the end of the night because they lasted for such a long time after the wedding! My aunt undid the arrangements and put them into several vases and decorated her apartment and then I did the same. They still looked great a week later! After my friend's wedding I tried the same thing and not even 3 days later I had to throw the flowers out; they wilted and turned brown. I don't know where Meredith gets her flowers but they were such quality flowers! Everything about our experience with the Flower Petaler was amazing! I highly recommend her!

Suzanne · Married on 11/14/2015

I wanted very specific, unique centerpieces for my wedding. The Flower Petaler took the time to understand my needs and collaborated with me to ensure my vision was executed to perfection. Her willingness to participate in the creative process was priceless. When I finally walked around the day of my wedding, before everyone even arrived, my reception hall felt like a flower garden. Everything came out better than I could have ever imagined! The quality of the flowers were beyond beautiful and lasted much longer than anticipated. I would recommend this shop to anyone who wants someone which will focus on the details and will ensure your day will be as beautiful as you pictured.

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2015

My husband and I are so happy we chose the Flower Petaler for our wedding day. Meredith did an amazing job throughout the entire process; she was extremely patient, thorough, and attentive. We were going with a Rustic theme and she knocked it out of the park. The centerpieces, corsages, bouquets, boutonnieres, and the ceremony decorations were all perfect! All the flowers were fresh and lasted long after the wedding. She was so easy to work with and was dedicated to making our vision come to life. We received numerous compliments about the floral arrangements from our guests! My husband and I cannot say enough good things about the Flower Petaler team and Meredith.