62 Reviews for The Flower Petaler

Venue Visit (1)
Single Flowers (1)
Flower Crowns (1)
62 The Flower Petaler Reviews

This is the second time we have used Meredith, and her company, to provide flowers for our daughters wedding. She is wonderful. She took the time to listen to EXACTLY what Katie and Andrew wanted for their wedding, and the flowers, and the decorations, she provided for the chapel, and the reception hall, were beautiful. Not only were the flowers beautiful, they were so carefully arranged, and created especially for THIS event. There were some concerns about "HOW DO WE DO THIS EFFECT" and Meredith gave Katie and Andrew so many choices to choose from, all within their budget. She listened and she did exactly what they wanted, and EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL - the bridal bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, the runner for the ceremony, the glass decorations for the Chuppah, and even the Chuppah itself. Everything was perfect. Thank you Meredith, for all your care and attention to detail.

Profile Picture Geralyn, 1/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My wedding was on 11/19/2017. Meredith was such a pleasure to work with. She's so considerate and understanding. She helped me bring my vision to life with my centerpieces, bridal bouquet, bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres, chuppah, aisle decorations... She made an incredible effort to really understand what I was going for and made it happen. And let me tell you, it was all GORGEOUS. Although I brought the ideas to the table, I would not have been able to actually execute it with such expertise and perfection as she did. She really appreciated what I wanted. She gave her constructive opinion when necessary, but she never tried to impose her personal preferences (which I experienced with another florist before deciding to work with Meredith). I was very picky about the type of vases that I wanted for the centerpieces...she offered what she had available (which is an enormous selection!) but because I wanted something very specific, she let me purchase my vases separately and was fine to use them! No complaints! (That earlier florist I mentioned who tried to impose her personal preferences, she didn't have the vases I wanted and would only let me pick from her selection.) Meredith was so accommodating when I kept adding new details, tweaking things last minute, or adding completely new pieces. The week before, we needed to add a whole new centerpiece because we added an additional table...and she made it happen without an issue! Let me also mention that I came to Meredith with a specific budget and she did everything she could to help me pick flowers and arrangements that fit within my budget while still being as close to what I wanted as possible. She never pressured me to spend more than what I was comfortable with!
Meredith does a great job and wants to make sure you're happy with what you get. You can tell that she loves what she does and genuinely cares about her customers! I highly recommend choosing Meredith (The Flower Petaler) for your next event!!!

Photo for The Flower Petaler Review - Chuppah (wish I could've taken it home with me!!)
Photo for The Flower Petaler Review - My bridal bouquet (and ring bearer and flower girl <3)
Photo for The Flower Petaler Review - Aisle decorations
Profile Picture Nicole, 11/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Meredith was an absolute dream to work with for our wedding on September 30 of this year. From day one Meredith was super responsive to all of my ideas and was able to make my super vague vision an even better reality. On my wedding day, Meredith and her team were there bright and early to make sure I had my flowers for pre wedding photos. It was raining on and off throughout my wedding day and we made the call to have the wedding outside about 30 minutes before the ceremony started. Meredith miraculously pulled the whole ceremony together and it came out beautifully. All of my vendors commented on how gorgeous her flowers were and took her card. My guests can't stop talking about how unique and gorgeous my flowers were. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would recommend Meredith to any bride-to-be.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Choosing the Flower Petaler was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Meredith was such a pleasure to work with and created absolutely stunning bouquets and centerpieces––they were perfect in every way. She brought my exact vision to life and even made it better than I could have imagined. Our wedding guests kept telling me how beautiful the flowers were––"the best wedding flowers they had ever seen." I couldn't agree more! Thank you for everything, Meredith!

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

You HAVE to meet with Meredith! Save your valuable time, she will go above and beyond for you. I found her pricing to be almost half of another Huntington vendor. Her creative style and highly motivated work ethic will provide you a "peace of mind" that we all want for our wedding day. My guests continually commented on the wedding aisle that Meredith designed, AND broke down and re-used for our dining tables during reception. She is so darn amazing, she even sat for our nuptials! Oh, talk about the personal touch? She provided my guests with wrap and ribbon for taking home the tall calla lilies and palms, while the other arrangements went home with the beautiful low glass square vase. (can easily repurpose that square vase, lol)
THANK YOU MEREDITH!! XOX

Profile Picture JANINE, 7/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I got married June 25th and three months later, my wedding guests are still talking about our flowers! Meredith was incredible to work with from start to finish and totally captured the vision I was going for. She took our colors of fuchsia, orange and turquoise to a level I couldn't have even imagined. I could not have asked for anything more. I highly recommend Meredith and her team!

Photos
Profile Picture Wendy, 6/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements

Meredith, owner of the Flower Petaler is the kindest person you could ever meet and her flowers are the most beautiful you could ever see. Her pure talent in matching your wedding colors with her flowers is phenomenal. Her prices are reasonable as well. She went out of her way for me and my family. I absolutely love her and her business. My wedding was gorgeous!! Thank you Meredith!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals, Consultations, Delivery, Samples

Meredith and her team were INCREDIBLE. She worked with me from the moment we met, both on budget and aesthetic, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome of the centerpieces and bouquets. I wasn't a difficult bride, but I definitely had a vision, and lots of questions - I was also on a VERY TIGHT budget. My emails were answered within a day or so, and I was always accommodated. I honestly can't recommend The Flower Petaler enough. Truly hoping to work together again.

Profile Picture User7348197, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

After hearing all the horror stories about people's experiences with their florists, I took a recommendation to see Meredith at The Flower Petaler. It was the best thing I ever did. It is now December and people are still talking about our gorgeous flowers. I've never even heard of guests taking such large notice of flowers, let alone compliment them but that is just how beautiful they were. Meredith was able to take my ideas and bring them life. My mother and I were BLOWN AWAY at our sample meeting and the flowers on that day were even better. Meredith came that day to drop off my flowers, walked them in my house personally and hugged me and was there to pick them up that night. The aisle flowers at our church ceremony were so beautiful there were none left to recycle for the reception because everyone left with them. They were alive all day long, and my father even sent me a picture of my bouquet a week later still alive in water. Meredith is truly unbelievable. She is super personable, very down the earth, and honest. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. I hope to work with her again in the future!

Profile Picture Alex, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Meredith is the absolute best! She and her team at the flower petaler went above and beyond and made my vision come to life for our wedding. I received numerous rave reviews over every arrangement and bouquet she made! She really listens and personalizes and makes you want to return for any floral needs (which I now have many times) because you never question she'll do a beautiful job. She also does her best to fit within your budget while still delivering a million dollar look. I can't say enough good things and recommend Meredith any more highly!

Profile Picture Alexsandra, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

One day while visiting my parents, I noticed this unique, whimsical fall bouquet on the coffee table. It was done by the Flower Petaler- who I ended up using, and quickly became my absolute FAVORITE VENDOR in a wedding full of seriously great vendors.

It was a beach wedding, and I wanted to play with that theme, but without being too kitschy. I'm an art director so I was pretty picky with the visual parts of the wedding, and I was very afraid of over-doing items like anchors, starfish, shells, etc. I also wanted the bouquets to look very natural, as if they were just picked from the garden. Meredith TOTALLY got it. Right away. She had so many great suggestions, thought about things that I didn’t such as wind, and was very easy to work with- efficient but patient and focused on getting what YOU want. She masterfully combined vintage hurricane lanterns, an array of beautiful glass bottles, unique driftwood pieces, all adorned with tasteful white flowers, some succulents, & beach grass. The best part was the huppah. White birch, with these awesome big pieces of driftwood Meredith had been collecting. She hung white flowers and some crystal strands (which I wasn’t at first into and then the way they all lightly sparkled in the sun was AMAZING) from the top. My mother and I were bouncing with excitement when we left our final appointment.

About two days before the wedding, Hurricane Hermine became a harsh reality that was expected to hit right around ceremony-time. Upon seeing the weather Meredith called me with a slew of new suggestions on how to make this wedding decor PERFECT, inside (adding candles, provided an alternate huppah option, etc.) or outside. I actually think she cared more than me- very comforting. She ALSO offered to bring the bouquets to my house beforehand for pictures, then picked them all up from the venue, brought them to my parents house, and re-set them all up throughout the house for the after party! I mean... amazing.

Profile Picture Kasey, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Meredith and her team were absolutely incredible!! As an out-of town bride that lives in NC but got married on Long Island, Meredith could not have been more helpful and attentive to make sure my vision came to life. She was always available via email/phone and really tried to accommodate my schedule when I was in town. Not only was she a dream to work with, but the floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful! She really listened to my vision and worked with me with getting all of the arrangements that I wanted within my designated budget. She made all of the floral deliveries day and I did not have to worry about a thing. I am so happy that I chose the Flower Petaler and can't wait to work with them again!

Profile Picture Tina, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Meredith from start to finish was absolutely courteous, friendly, professional in the wedding planning and flowers process. She was recommended to me by my sister and I was so glad that she did! I planned my wedding from a long distance, and Meredith was very easy to communicate with regarding our needs and appointment times (as my ability to stop by every so often was limited!). Her demo was superb and she was able to accommodate us quickly, and the final product was unbelievable! I'm still in awe of how lovely our arch, bridal bouquet, corsages, boutonnieres, chair additions, and flower boxes for the tables came out. My family and friends were so impressed too! She is the best, and I could not be more grateful for having her take part in making our day even more special!

Profile Picture Caroline, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Meredith was amazing!!! She made the whole flower process so simple when i thought it would be overwhelming, she knew exactly the look I was going for after about 5 min into the initial consultation, she was spot on! I had some changes and additions and other tweaks along the way and she answered quickly, accommodated to my changes and gave me amazing advice. She made sure everything would look amazing. When we did the samples I was in awe how beautiful it all looked! And the day of omg all the flowers were perfect (and I had a lot!) my theme was sort of bohemian vintage and she took that and made it come to life! She works with any budget as well and adjusted my flowers etc to fit the budget. So happy with the flower petaler, Meredith and her staff are truly flower geniuses! I got so many compliments on the flowers and bouquets, Use flower petaler for an amazing stress free experience!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up

We could not be happier with the Flower Petaler! Meredith was amazing to work with. As someone who has terrible allergies I know very little about flowers but I knew I wanted bright colors. Meredith and I communicated a lot of ideas through Pinterest. When we knew exactly what colors we wanted we brought our Legos (yes, the wedding was Lego themed!) and Meredith had picked out gorgeous flowers that matched perfectly. The arrangements were amazing. She advised us from the very beginning about the types of centerpieces that would work well in the venue space and with our budget. She gave us options when it came to the type of hydrangea - a cheaper white one that could be dyed or a more expensive colorful one. She was very honest and upfront about the costs and really worked with our budget. The bouquets were beautiful but everyone could not stop complimenting the centerpieces. Within months of our wedding, both before and after, we attended quite a few weddings. None of the arrangements can compare to the ones Meredith did for us. They truly were beautiful. I wish more people realized to take them home at the end of the night because they lasted for such a long time after the wedding! My aunt undid the arrangements and put them into several vases and decorated her apartment and then I did the same. They still looked great a week later! After my friend's wedding I tried the same thing and not even 3 days later I had to throw the flowers out; they wilted and turned brown. I don't know where Meredith gets her flowers but they were such quality flowers! Everything about our experience with the Flower Petaler was amazing! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Christa, 4/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up

I wanted very specific, unique centerpieces for my wedding. The Flower Petaler took the time to understand my needs and collaborated with me to ensure my vision was executed to perfection. Her willingness to participate in the creative process was priceless. When I finally walked around the day of my wedding, before everyone even arrived, my reception hall felt like a flower garden. Everything came out better than I could have ever imagined! The quality of the flowers were beyond beautiful and lasted much longer than anticipated. I would recommend this shop to anyone who wants someone which will focus on the details and will ensure your day will be as beautiful as you pictured.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My husband and I are so happy we chose the Flower Petaler for our wedding day. Meredith did an amazing job throughout the entire process; she was extremely patient, thorough, and attentive. We were going with a Rustic theme and she knocked it out of the park. The centerpieces, corsages, bouquets, boutonnieres, and the ceremony decorations were all perfect! All the flowers were fresh and lasted long after the wedding. She was so easy to work with and was dedicated to making our vision come to life. We received numerous compliments about the floral arrangements from our guests! My husband and I cannot say enough good things about the Flower Petaler team and Meredith.

Profile Picture Ashley , 10/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Working with Meredith at the Flower Petaler was probably the easiest part of our wedding planing and everything was absolutely perfect. I had a general idea about what theme I was going for, however really didn't have an idea about what flowers to use or how to put it all together. Meredith had so many amazing ideas and created the most beautiful and unique centerpieces I have ever seen. We thought it was really amazing how the flowers used in the ceremony were re-used at the reception. The bouquets were so beautiful and the flowers were so fresh and lasted weeks after the wedding. All of our guests commented on how original and beautiful everything was. A few days before the wedding I had some last minute changes and additions and Meredith was more than accommodating and everything worked out perfectly. Everything was so beautifully done and at an affordable price. My husband and I would never use any other florist in the future and we highly recommend the flower petaler for any special occasion.

Profile Picture Danielle , 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Meredith and her staff created the perfect back flowers and décor for our informal wedding celebration here in NY. The flowers and tent décor were exactly what we wanted....beautifully executed and the arrangements were just right. Her and her staff worked with us with delays in having the tent put up and came back and called to make sure we were happy with all the details. Professional, creative and friendly...highly recommend!

Profile Picture Maureen, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about the Flower Petaler. Meredith did an amazing job throughout the entire process; she was extremely patient, thorough, and attentive to make sure everything we wanted was incorporated into the wedding. The centerpieces, corsages, bouquets, boutonnieres, and the ceremony arrangement were all perfect! We're still hearing compliments about the floral arrangements from our guests! Meredith at The Flower Petaler is the best choice for your wedding if you want to mitigate stress!!!

Julie and Pete

Profile Picture User5555980, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages

Meredith was such a dream to work with! I came to her after speaking with two florists who just didn't seem to get my style at all. I showed her some pictures and explained what I was looking for: wild, lots of green stuff, shades of pink and purple. She quickly put together some small sample bouquets right in front of my eyes and I was sold! The bouquets on my wedding day were PERFECT and unique. She also designed the boutonnieres, a gorgeous garland for our chuppah, fresh flower clips for my bridesmaids, and an ethereal floral crown for me. Everything she created was so beautiful and went so well with my garden-inspired backyard wedding. I even dried and preserved my bouquet and it looks just as beautiful! I seriously couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Samples, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Single Flowers

We are so incredibly happy that we chose Meredith at The Flower Petaler for our wedding! From the very beginning we knew that Meredith completely understood our vision. She was open and honest with our ideas and we always felt like she had our best interest at heart. Communication with Meredith was extremely easy and prompt and we always knew that we would get a reply quickly. One of my favorite parts of the entire process was how Meredith created a personal Pinterest account for our wedding. She would pin many different flowers, colors and arrangements and we were able to tell her exactly what we liked and didn't like. This enabled us to come up with EXACTLY what we wanted and it was never a "guessing game". The flowers at the wedding were absolutely stunning and could not have been better. From the bridesmaid bouquets to the centerpieces, our vision came to life.The flowers were so fresh and beautiful and I was stunned when I walked into the ballroom for the first time. I cannot thank Meredith enough for everything she did for our wedding! Her talent is out of this world and we will definitely be using her again for other celebrations in the future.

Profile Picture Daniella, 7/31/15, 2 Reviews

Best. Ever.

She made our dreams come true.

You will get everything you need from her; creativity, professionalism, attention to detail, communication, experience, gorgeous flowers, different ideas, and individualized attention. Simply the best.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Meredith and her team were absolutely incredible to work with!! Meredith is very professional and extremely passionate about what she does. When I first met with her, I did not have a concrete idea of what types of flowers and arrangements I wanted at my wedding. I spent countless hours on Pinterest trying to decide on arrangements and still got nowhere. Meredith helped me figure out a concept by showing me pictures of events and weddings she had done in the past and adding suggestions for colors, etc. Since I purchased all of my own vases, I set up a mock arrangement on a table at home and took a picture to show her. She immediately understood my vision and helped me choose the right flowers and colors that would look best. What she ended up creating went above and beyond what I had originally envisioned. I was blown away by how beautiful the flowers looked and how each table arrangement made the space come alive. Not only were the flower arrangements stunning, Meredith was so wonderful to work with. I had a very tight budget to work with and she made it so easy to figure out. She told me upfront how much each item would cost and where we could cut costs if we wanted to bring the price down. She was always very honest and upfront with me. All I can say is, you would be crazy if you didn't hire her and her team for your wedding!! Thank you, Meredith, for helping make my dream wedding come true!!!

Profile Picture Merissa, 6/13/15, 1 Review