The Flower Lab Reviews

80 Reviews for The Flower Lab

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

80 The Flower Lab Reviews

Elaine · Married on 09/23/2017

Una has grate sense of beauty. She helped selecting vases, birdcage, candles that perfectly match our theme. She's helpful and quick in response. Love her!
    She was very responsible and you don't need to worry about the flower arrangements on the big day.

Kevin · Married on 09/16/2017

Una and The Flower Lab Crew are AMAZING! Meeting with Una we expressed wanting flowers that were blue and orange, had a natural feel, and represented California. Una was up to the task! The Flower lab created the MOST beautiful flower arrangements! They were so amazing that after the wedding the hotel venue used them as decoration at the front desk (we donated the large arrangements to them). The most amazing part was that Una made everything so easy the day of the wedding, and went out of her way to stop by the day after to check in. The Flower Lab is an A+++ Vendor!

Meg · Married on 09/01/2017

My husband Darius and I are so grateful that we hired Una from The Flower Lab as the florist for our wedding! When we first met with her, we were extremely indecisive about which flowers to go with for the bouquets and center pieces. She was so patient with us as we debated and changed our mind a bunch of times. She had a bunch of great ideas, and at the same time she also listened to our inputs as well. We had countless email exchanges and meetings and she really worked with us to get to the budget we were comfortable with. She’s also extremely responsive and friendly – a pleasure to work with. On our wedding day, she truly delivered as she put our vision into reality, and all of our hard work paid off! I would highly recommend her if you’re looking for a florist in the LA/Santa Monica area. THANK YOU UNA!!!!

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

Una at The Flower Lab does amazing work!! I was so happy with her arrangements - she was able to create my vision perfectly. We received many compliments about the centerpieces and the arch decor. She also has a lot of cute rental items (votive candles, table numbers, jars, boxes, etc.) I highly recommend using The Flower Lab for your event!!

Rachael · Married on 09/05/2016

We contacted Una at The Flower Lab after reading the abundance of positive reviews here on Wedding Wire. I have to say that they are well deserved. From the moment, we met Una, we felt comfortable choosing her to do the flowers for our wedding. Prior to our consult, she asked to see photos that resembled what we had in mind, and at our meeting, it was obvious that she understood our vision very well. Despite having a very elegant wedding in mind, we had a limited budget. Una worked within our budget, and the flowers exceeded our expectations. They looked absolutely stunning in our venue and with our decor. As well, she was very easy to work with, extremely responsive, and just an obviously kind person. We can't thank her enough for her beautiful work!

Julia · Married on 08/27/2016

Una was so easy to work with and when I presented to her my strict budget, her response of "No problem!" and promises to make my wedding look beautiful convinced me to hire her and I have NO regrets! When going in for my second meeting, I had changed my mind regarding colors and asked her to change a lot of things and showed her exactly what I wanted from my pinterest page. She was patient and gave recommendations based on my budget and desires. On my wedding day, I was blown away by her work and couldn't be happier!!! I highly recommend The Flower Lab to anyone looking for someone to create beautiful, artistic floral designs for their Big Day!

Melissa · Married on 08/20/2016

Una did a wonderful job for my August wedding. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous and she created a beautiful setting for both the ceremony and the reception. Una was always willing to meet to go over ideas and was extremely helpful throughout each step of the process. She has a very sophisticated level of taste and it really showed. She also made a beautiful chuppah. I would definitely use The Flower Lab again for future events!

Angele · Married on 04/25/2015

Una @ The Flower Lab is amazing. HIGHLY recommend you work with her! She put together the flowers for my wedding and engagement photo shoot. What I enjoyed most about worked with Una was:

1. She understood my vision and made it a reality: Una asked me to share pictures with her early on and let me look through her flower lab to pick out beautiful vases and details I thought would fit the style I was looking for, and she made the vision a reality.
    2. She is super talented: Una herself has excellent taste and makes all flower arrangements beautiful.
    3. She is extremely responsive: Anytime I texted, emailed or called Una, she responded within the next 30 minutes.
    4. She is very professional and flexible: Una was great about making the proposal easy to understand and gave me the ability to make changes along the way (adding services and removing services).
    5. She is so sweet and wonderful to work with: Una is just a wonderfully kind person and it makes working with her such a pleasure.
    6. She is budget conscious: Out of all the florists I spoke with, Una was most conscious of my budget and happy to help me figure out how I could realize my vision within my budget constraints.
    7. She goes above and beyond: Una offered to deliver flowers at a far away location (as a courtesy). For our engagement session, she added a boutonniere for my now husband for free. She always seemed to blow me away and surpass my expectations.
    8. She recommended me to other vendors I loved! Not only does she listen to your vision for flowers, but she was able to understand what I was looking for and she connected me to other vendors who matched my style...and those vendors were also excellent.

In a nutshell, my now husband and I are so so happy we had Una as our florist. I will certainly be going to Una for any future events I need flowers for. She is really really fantastic!!

Una, if you read this, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Clint · Married on 03/28/2015

My wife and I love Una! She was very sweet and friendly from beginning to end. She really cares about you and her art, and worked hard to make sure we stayed within our budget while staying true to our vision.

When we had our consultation, we had in mind a very specific look and feel for our Harry Potter themed wedding. We wanted something unusual but classy, with a touch of whimsy but not overly romantic. My wife only had 3 images to show Una...a color scheme, lanterns, and books. She did an amazing job of finding the perfect blend of flowers and balancing a look that was untamed, but not so untamed that our parents start complaining about weeds and what not. We were extremely pleased to see so many varieties of plants and flowers in our mix.

Una also found very beautiful lanterns for us to rent as centerpieces. She even went above and beyond our requests, adding small details such as vine around the lanterns and feathers in our succulents.

When it came time for our wedding, the shade of peonies we planned to have used wasn't available. We were worried our vision wouldn't be realized, but Una suggested some alterations that made the new plan look just as beautiful as our original concept. Even though we requested a dark color against another dark color, she was able to make the flowers multidimensional. She really knows what she is doing, because she suggested adding dark purples into the mix. The wife was hesitant at first, but was glad she approved the suggestion because the flowers looked amazing!

We were extremely pleased with her work and would highly recommend her!

Julie · Married on 10/04/2014

Una and her team were absolutely a pleasure to work with. She was on the creative team and collaborated so well with myself and all the other vendors. She worked very hard to make sure that the details and designs met the Bride's expectations and customized it for the look that we were going for. Her flexibility definitely helped me as I planned this wedding with the Bride and she found creative ways to still meet the allotted budget. She is very friendly, and her team executed very well on the wedding day. I would recommend their floral design services to future couples that I work with in wedding planning and look forward to all of her floral designs as they are beautiful, detailed, and perfectly suited for each wedding!

Janet · Married on 08/23/2014

Una at the Flower Lab is amazing. She somehow understood exactly what I was picturing in my brain and used ESP to deliver EXACTLY that! She knew that what I wanted was clean, simple, modern, and elegant, and what she came up with was stunning yet simple. The bridal magazines all tell you to not spend too much money on flowers because decor is the thing brides (interviewed after their wedding) say they don’t remember and wish they spent less $$ on. But every day I think back to our centerpieces and marvel at how much I loved them. (Guests marveled too!) When I get a faraway look in my eyes my now-husband says, “Are you thinking about your centerpieces again?” lol. She also delivered the flowers by hand and it was so wonderful to give her a hug on my special day. She managed to make the boutonnieres un-cheesy, too! Amazing! One super random note - her store is in a deadzone and she doesn’t have wifi, so make sure any inspiration pictures, etc. you bring are downloaded.

Krystal · Married on 08/16/2014

Una at the Flower Lab was absolutely amazing from start to finish as our wedding florist! Una not only has such a sweet personality, but she definitely has a gift at understanding what a bride is looking for on her wedding day as well as providing suggestions of her own. Although I met with three different vendors for each category for my wedding, Una was the only florist I had met with in-person. After reaching out to several other florists via email and not being too impressed with them and their pricing, I was so grateful to have found the Flower Lab through the credits on a website of a previous wedding performed at my wedding venue (The Mountain Mermaid in Topanga). I knew that I wanted my wedding vendors to mesh well not only with my budget, but my personality as well. Una definitely was a perfect match with her reasonable prices and detailed suggestions. So please do yourself a favor and set up a consultation with Una! I promise you won't regret it ;) Although she definitely does a number of blush weddings which seem to be the trend these days, she can do so much more than this! Just take a look at the pictures of our wedding flowers on Yelp which help capture Una's diverse talent ;)

On our wedding day, everything looked absolutely amazing and tied together perfectly with our venue - from the large bouquets and handsome boutonnieres, the small bouquets down the aisle, to the large centerpieces with all of the décor throughout the reception hall. It truly came together even better than I had envisioned!! We received numerous compliments on our flowers, including our friends who got married a few months before us. They mentioned how lucky we were to have found such a wonderful and reliable florist, especially since their florist had used completely different flowers from their florist’s centerpiece viewing without their knowledge! So we would like to give a huge thank you to Una for making our special day even more perfect than I imagined :)

When we met Una, we didn't even want to see other florist, she immediately showed us exactly what we wanted to have at the wedding. We met her only once, the rest of the communication was through email. She was really responsive. Two days before the wedding, she sent me pictures of the centerpieces and changed the little things that I asked her to change. The day of the wedding I discovered the bouquets, the boutonnieres, the church flowers and the centerpieces. Everything was really beautiful, really delicate, exactly how I had pictures it!
    I would totally recommend The Flower Lab because it was really easy, fast, not to expensive and amazingly beautiful!!

If you are looking for a florist who knows exactly what you want for your outdoor, garden theme wedding, Una is the person to go! She is not a typical florist who only knows use lots of flowers to make your wedding look stunning and unique.

A week before my wedding, I decided to change florist, i found the Flower Lab. :) Una is super nice and friendly. I love her flower selections, they were so unique and different. I love that Una sent me pictures and asked me if anything i like her to change. I love that she kept us on the same page. The price was resonable as well!

I received so many compliments from my guests on the flowers! Thank you so much Una!!!

Susan · Married on 06/20/2014

Wonderful, beautiful, surpassed my expectations!!!!

I was so thrilled by Una's work at the The Flower Lab!

Brett · Married on 05/03/2014

Una was great! My now wife was very happy with the service, time, and effort she put into making floral arrangements that were perfect. She came up with some awesome ideas to add to the type of wedding we were trying to create. Very easy to deal with and super flexible. We had even decided to change a few things a couple of days before and she was very accommodating. I would absolutely recommend her to someone looking for a terrific florist!

Brett & Julie

Cynthia · Married on 05/03/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Una at Flower Lab. She executed my vision perfectly and did it at a great price!

Kristina · Married on 04/27/2014

If you want an amazing florist, then look no further than Una (the now owner of the Flower Lab)! I actually found Una through my makeup artist and I'm SO glad I did!

Una is extremely patient as I kept changing my ideas several times on the types of flowers and the colors I wanted. I really didn't think my wedding was going to look good as I didn't have a large budget for flowers. She was more than willing to work with my budget, which was great! She never tried to make you pay alot more when she knew you couldn't. She gave her honest opinion on what things were and were not necessary to achieve the vision I wanted while still staying within my budget.

On the day of the wedding, she delivered everything on time. My bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets, groom and groomsmen boutonnieres, and parents' corsages & boutonnieres were more beautiful than I had envisioned. The ceremony setup was amazing and so romantic just as I asked her to make it. The thing that took my breath away was what she did with the centerpieces, the sweetheart table, and the cake table in the reception area. It was 100x better than how I had pictured it in my mind!! All my guests commented on how beautiful all the flowers were! I even had some of my friends who are planning their weddings asking me for Una's contact!!

Una is a very talented floral designer and she knows what she is doing! All I can tell you is TRUST her! She will not disappoint you and will make it better than in your wildest dreams!

Jennifer · Married on 03/08/2014

Una is amazing! She offers great and fair prices, she is reliable and knowledgeable and creative, and she really listens to you and creates arrangements that suit your vision. All the flowers from the beautiful altar arrangements to the centerpieces which were the loveliest I have ever seen (my guests were so happy to take the centerpieces home at the end of the night) to all of the personal flowers including my bouquet, were outstanding.
    Una showed up early on our wedding day to set up and the flowers were fresh and perfect. Highly recommended.

Thanks Una!
    Jennifer L.

Luciana · Married on 02/22/2014

Don't hesitate to work with The Flower Lab, Una!!
    She's is passionate at her work and will try hard to help you achieve for the best wedding celebration! I couldn't be happier for all the flowers that she did at my wedding! Everyone said the flowers were beautiful!! Excellent job!

She listened to your ideas, give suggestions on what looks good and so patience while I kept on changing with the flowers designs. On top of that, Una is willing to work with you budget and still make everything looks wonderful!!

I couldn't say thank you enough to Una for doing the best!
    It has been fun working with her! Thank you Una! :))

• Dawn

Dawn · Married on 07/06/2013

I absolutely LOVED the Flower Lab! Not only do they do amazing work, the owner, Tweeny, is SO sweet! I think she has a permanent smile on her face and her love for her work really shows.

They have an amazing range in styles of which they are capable of providing. Each time I stopped in I saw completely different "looks" of floral and I thought each one was gorgeous, even when it wasn't my taste.

They were super responsive and flexible, made quantity changes, added things, etc and provided revised pricing almost immediately. Tweeny was also very respectful of my budget and worked to achieve the look I was going for with flowers that would fit my budget. She never pressured me to exceed it.

My flowers came out beautiful and looked just like the image I had in my head. Couldn't have made a better choice!

Ariana · Married on 06/29/2013

I used The Flower Lab for my June wedding and I could not have been happier with my flowers. Tweeny was so fantastic to work with. The flowers turned out so beautiful and exactly how I had envisioned them. Tweeny had great suggestions that really helped me with making decisions. I hade so many compliments from our guests. She was so great to communicate with and so quick to respond to all my questions and also handled all of my last minute changes so well. Highly recommend!!

We hired Tweeny for our wedding at the Victorian in Santa Monica on 09-22-12. She did a beautiful job on every piece. I really liked working with her because she has a great design esthetic and is relaxed and very professional. I gave her the colors I wanted and a brief description of the size and shape and she suggested great flowers that were in bloom during September. We also we able to go with her to the flower market downtown to look at all the flowers she was choosing ahead of time.
    When I arrived art our venue everything was set up and it looked gorgeous. When we discovered we had miscounted and needed one more boutonniere, one of her assistants made one on the spot. It was a great day and the flowers were amazing. I would recommend the Flower Lab for any event that needs a touch of beauty.

Tania · Married on 09/22/2012

For our 9/22 wedding, Tweeny and her team delivered an impressive set of gorgeous arrangements. Again, we are picky when it comes to everything, and I would have to admit that only two vendors we hired went above and beyond our expectations. Tweeny was one of those two. We met with ten florists in the LA area and Tweeny was the only one that really listened to our vision and executed it perfectly. I liked the back and forth communication I had with her; she never minded that I kept changing my mind on small things. She never tried to push her own agenda and just did an amazing job and the bouquets, corsages, centerpieces, pomanders, cake flowers, and boutonnieres were beautiful and elegant. I would definitely hire her again and recommended her without hesitation. She also has a letterpress and I would want to hire her for invitations and stationery in the future.

Excellent!!!! Tweeny is the best to work with. She makes you feel comfortable and is willing to work with your budget and not make you feel bad (others did). She is also very ethical and trustworthy. She was unable to find stock for the wedding that week but replaced them with gorgeous roses of the same color and did not charge me more because she said that the contract was for stock. The flower arrangements and huppah were stunning!!! Thank you!