The Finishing Touch Reviews

25 | Hicksville, NY

25 Reviews for The Finishing Touch

25 The Finishing Touch Reviews

Ashley · Married on 06/02/2018

Great selection of table linens for all occasions! I used "Wishes" in ivory, which was a wonderful addition to our "Hollywood Glam" theme. Joy & Brenda were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/29/2018
    The Finishing Touch 1

The Finishing Touch's reply:

Thank you Ashley for the positive review. We wish you much health and happiness!

Amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

We used them for linens for our wedding september 9th, 2017. Did a great job! Beautiful linens that looked amazing. No issues with delivery or pickup and a very professional staff! Will use again in the future!

Sent on 09/20/2017

The Finishing Touch's reply:

We are so glad that you were happy. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to working with you in the future. Best Wishes and Congratulations! The Finishing Touch

Christopher · Married on 07/20/2017

All We can say is wow! The finishing touch made our reception come alive. It was super beautiful! We are still fascinated by the exquisite table cloth and spandex chairs covers and the richness they added to the wedding. Thank you for making our wedding a gorgeous and elegant event.

Chris and Samari
    July 20, 2017

Sent on 08/13/2017

The Finishing Touch's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and we hope you have a lifetime of health and happiness.

Meghan · Married on 06/02/2017

The Finishing Touch added just the "touch" we needed to make our reception room pop! The table linens added that something special that really added that polished look to our wedding. Also, working with the team at The Finishing Touch was an absolute pleasure! They were so helpful in choosing the perfect wedding linen. My husband and I would recommend them to everyone! Thank you, The Finishing Touch!

Sent on 07/17/2017

The Finishing Touch's reply:

Thank you Meghan for your amazing review. It was a pleasure to work with you as well. Congratulations to you and your husband. We wish you all the best!! The Finishing Touch

Christine · Married on 05/13/2017

I didn't think shopping for linens could be so much fun, until we went to The Finishing Touch! The woman who helped us was so knowledgeable. She understood my style right away and helped to find the perfect linens. She also worked directly with the florist which made it so much easier on me. Everything looked so perfect!

Sent on 07/13/2017

The Finishing Touch's reply:

It was pleasure to work with you and we are thankful for your the great review. Congratulations and best wishes! The Finishing Touch
  • F

Farah · Married on 10/08/2016

I loved how they deal with last minute changes and are willing to come up with something different for you

Claudine · Married on 09/25/2016

I rented chargers from the finishing touch for my wedding day and the process was wonderful them. The chargers added a nice decorative touch to each of the tables at my wedding and the company was very easy to work with. They have worked with my venue in numerous occasions and I did not need to worry about anything on my wedding day.

Amanda and Kashif · Married on 07/31/2016

Maryann was amazing to work with from start to finish. The chair ties we rented for our ceremony and reception looked amazing in photos. And our sweetheart table overlay complimented our custom backdrop perfectly!!!!!!!!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 06/17/2016

Thank you to Mary Ann and her staff for providing me with fantastic service and product!
    I used Finishing touch for White Linens & Silver Chair Sashes for my wedding in June 2016. The venue where I got married was more of a gold theme, where-as of course, we chose silver theme for our wedding colors. No worries though, Finishing Touch brought the whole theme together simply with the silver chair sashes.
    Very friendly staff, reasonable pricing, and I'm so happy I decided to go with that extra "Finishing Touch"!
    Highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/03/2017

The Finishing Touch's reply:

Erin, thank you so much. It was a pleasure to work with you and we are happy that you are happy. Congratulation's and best wishes.

Tori · Married on 06/10/2016

MaryAnn at the finishing touch helped me select the most beautiful table linens and chair covers. The linens my venue provided did not seem to match my theme so I visited The Finishing Touch. After making poor MaryAnn change the table cloth about 50 times I narrowed it down to a few. MaryAnn then allowed me to borrow the table linens and chair covers to bring to my venue to help make my decision. I found the perfect linens and they matched my venue and theme perfectly! The Finishing Touch is the perfect name for them because it really did complete the wedding day look I imagined!! Thank you so much for all of your help!!!

• Ebony502

Ebony · Married on 11/08/2015

They are amazing and have everything you could possible want and more. I worked with Maryann who helped me figure out my vision and let me play around in the showroom to show me what I thought I wanted didn't work. The end result was fabulous!

We were referred to Finishing Touch through a family member of ours who had used you, and boy are we SO happy with the work they did!! There is no one better! Joy was FANTASTIC! She helped our vision come to life and she was so friendly and accommodating! She helped design every amazing detail from the scattered ideas we brought her... from the napkins and napkin rings, to the table cloths and more!! On the day of the wedding your team was exquisite, making sure everything was set up as was suppose to be, walking us through every detail to ensure nothing was unaccounted for! The room looked absolutely AMAZING... our guests couldn't stop talking about it! We couldn't have asked for anything better!! To Joy and the Finished Touch team, thank you so very much!! We would recommend you to anyone!

Regina · Married on 12/06/2014

I am extremely detail-oriented person and expected nothing but perfection of my wedding day. I was referred to Maryann and the Finishing Touch by my reception venue for linen rentals. I met with Maryann and explained what I was looking for. She showed me linens and I ended up deciding on overlay/underlay linens, as well as special linens for the front tables, chargers, chair covers with a bow, and napkins. I couldn’t have been happier on the day on my wedding with how well everything looked together. Maryann was even there when I came in the room, making sure everything was perfect. I would highly recommend The Finishing Touch for all the “extras!”

THe Finishing Touch was a great company to work with. HUGE selection of linens. The table clothes we picked were complimented on many times throughout the evening.

Terri · Married on 05/17/2013

MaryAnn Doyle is a visionary and made my event stunning. I didn't have to worry about a thing absolutely amazing!

Thank You Maryann!

• User2035526 · 2+ years ago

We used them for our chair covers which really made our reception look amazing. They were great to work with!

Toni · Married on 10/30/2011

Like most venues, everything is white at the Coral House. Any bit of color comes from small, bland-colored, heavy cotton tablecloth overlays. There was just no way I could make that work, it wasn’t what I pictured at all. I found the Finishing Touch online, only days before my last trip to NY was over and they helped me right away. Maryanne was soo wonderful! She combined every possible purple tablecloth and overlay until I found the right combination I absolutely loved. They brought in a team of a couple people and worked quickly. I’m very happy I booked with them. The rooms were brought to another level with their linens. Everything was beautiful.

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2014

I rental gold sequin linens for my Art Deco \"gold and marsala\" theme wedding at de Seversky Mansion in October 2014. They were very easy to work with, and had a great selection of linens to choose from. Specialty linen rental is expensive in general, but their pricing was better than other vendors (especially NYC rental companies). I would definitely recommend working with them.

• Sarah

Sarah Mansouri · Married on 10/06/2018

The Finishing Touch will truly perfect your wedding decor!

My husband and I got married on October 6th at the de Seversky Mansion on Long Island. Ever since we started planning our wedding, I felt very passionately about selecting unique and elegant linens. We were referred to the Finish Touch by almost all our vendors- including our venue and florist. They only had the most wonderful things to say about their linens, decor and staff. I have to say after working with MaryAnn and her team, the recommendations were 100% true! The Finishing Touch was extremely easy to work with. They got back to us very quickly and were always willing to meet. They had no problem spending hours sorting through tablecloths, napkins, chargers, etc. Their patience is truly an asset! MaryAnn also really knew our venue and had honest opinions about what would best fit the room and our style. In addition to providing our linens, they also took care of a lot day-of details, such as folding our napkins into perfect pockets for our menus. It looked absolutely beautiful! We are so thankful for The Finishing Touch and highly recommend them! I truly believe that linens are something worth investing in!

I knew I wanted something to make my venue really special, and when I found sequin tablecloths at The Finishing Touch, I knew that was it! They had a huge selection of tablecloths in different sizes and colors, and even several different silver/gray sequin tablecloths to choose from. The price was on the high side, but totally worth it as they completely transformed the ballroom and were exactly what I wanted. The lights reflected beautifully on the silver sequins and I couldn't have been happier. Everyone at The Finishing Touch was easy to work with and completely helpful from start to finish.

If you want a truly special touch to your wedding or special event, look no further than The Finishing Touch!

Lorin · Married on 06/13/2015

3.5

I rented bows for the back of my chairs at my wedding over a year ago and they were beautiful! They came, set them up, and they looked awesome. I did feel like the price for chair cover and bow rentals was pricey, however.

Laura · Married on 10/25/2013

4.2

Adding more color to my wedding was a last minute decision a month before the wedding, but since I was able to pay mostly all of the balance when I booked the rental, they were agreeable to doing it on short notice. I ordered napkins, table runners and some table cloths for my main tables and I felt the price was reasonable. With everything going on the days before the wedding, I forgot to call with my final count, and no one called me about it. I sent an email stating the final count thinking they needed it immediately (my count was due on Friday, I remembered Sunday), then I thought a phone call to talk to someone the next day had everything settled. The day of the wedding, two less table runners arrived than I needed. I believe they dropped the number twice because of the email and then the phone call. When my bridal attendant told me that they were missing (honestly the ONLY thing that went wrong that day), I told her to call and have the missing ones sent over. Even after the event, I was not contacted about anything. Overall, I was not too upset because I booked it last minute, but there was definitely a lack of communication. The color and the quality of the napkins/table runners/table cloths were great and definitely added the color I wanted to my wedding.

Marissa · Married on 06/06/2009

3.5
      3.0

They had a very large selection of linens and the ones I chose looked great the day of the wedding. My only complaint is that they had the linens for our sweetheart table wrong. 1. It was not the pattern we chose and 2. It wasn't swagged like it was supposed to be. I didn't bother with this because I was so happy about everything else on my wedding day, but if that's a concern to you make sure you check that everything is right on your wedding day (or have someone check for you).

Samara · Married on 05/23/2013

1.0

I also feel the need to come on here and let people know this place is horrible. All of the women including the manager/owner are incredibly rude. When I first went into the place to place an order for chargers I got the impression they couldn't be bothered to help me especially since I only needed 30. The person I specifically dealt with was Joy. She told me she had to take a $90 deposit on a order that was only $114. I needed to cancel my charges due to the weather a few days before and they basically told me I would lose my deposit which was more then half of my order. No sympathy whatsoever not willing to work with their customers at all after all it was her staff who decided to charge me $90. They refused to offer me any money back. I never heard of a company taking such a large deposit in the first place so the fact that they were so unwilling to work with me was disheartening. When we picked up the chargers someone offered to carry them out to the car as they were heavy. When my mother brought them back and went inside to tell the owner/manager that she needed help with outside she was greeted with nasty looks and eye rolls. Totally uncalled for. My mother had back surgery 2 weeks ago and was instructed not to lift anything heavy at all so the fact that the owner/manager would react that way was so unprofessional and rude in my opinion. I agree with the previous girls review on here....it really is as if they don't care if they get any business and all the women working here including the manager/owner really need a course in hospitality management and how to treat their customers! As someone who is in the industry firsthand I know how a client should be treated. The service here was terrible and I would never recommend this place to anyone. There are plenty of other rental places on LI that you can work with where I'm sure you will be treated with alot more respect! Stay clear of this place.