The Fields of Blackberry Cove Reviews

81 | Weaverville, NC

81 Reviews for The Fields of Blackberry Cove

Denise Williams · Married on 12/15/2018

Incredible experience

I found the Fields of Blackberry Cove Online. We wanted an intimate wedding for close family and friends. We love the Asheville. From the moment I first talked to Doug I had the most comforting feeling. Him and his entire team made our wedding incredible .

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

Incredible Experience

Doug made our wedding experience the best it could be! The venue is beautiful and well maintained, the food is incredible (we chose the BBQ), and Doug's service and attention to detail is second to none!

• Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/22/2018

The Perfect Wedding Venue

We couldn’t be happier with our choice to use Fields of Blackberry Cove as our venue, and our guests certainly agreed. From the get-go it was clear we’d made the right choice. If you are looking for a venue, look no further! This is a one-stop-shop for any couple planning a wedding!

The venue itself is beautiful. The view of the valley across is splendid and the grounds are maintained to a high standard. There’s an old oak tree on the lawn that is gigantic. It’s awe-inspiring. Plus, the barn/reception area can fit any needs. It is flexible in terms of style yet consistently retains an aura of rustic, which really lends itself well to photography. With the way lighting is set up, photos come out beautiful.

Moreover, Doug, Ken, Freda and their staff are top-notch. They were exceedingly helpful and are very kind people. From day one, they answered every question we had, gave us recommendations for other vendors to use and really guided us through the wedding planning process. They helped us with table organization, floral arrangements, paperwork required, etc - it’s a long list of items. Freda is the “day of coordinator” and mother of the venue-owner. We HIGHLY recommend hiring her. She is organized, she knows the ins and outs of weddings, and she knows how to make a couple happy! She was an angel to work with (answering all of my questions...and I had a lot) and truly helped make our day stress free! Side note: SHE KNOWS HER FLOWERS!

We also catered through Fields (Doug) and the food was splendid. The quality was superb for every single item we purchased. One quote I received from a friend was “I knew you said it was good, but I didn’t realize it’d be that good.” The service from Doug was exceptional as well. In fact, one of our items had an ingredient discontinued by his supplier so he made it himself! We were floored and really grateful. He is a true foodie and his twists on classic wedding dishes were perfect!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 07/24/2018

Doug and his team was just the absolute best! We did not have to worry about a thing because they had it covered! The area is absolutely beautiful and the barn is just stunning! We loved every single moment out there. It was raining so we couldn't get married outside by the big oak tree however they had it all covered! We just had it indoors

Sara · Married on 03/16/2018

Doug and the entire team was AWESOME! My sister and I worked with Doug via email and phone for her destination wedding. I came by and looked at the property and it was gorgeous. Doug was assisting another bride that day, but he said I could walk around the property if I'd like. I took pics and video for my sister. Her future sister in law came and did a facetime video and meet and greet tour with Doug. Through the months of planning, Doug was awesome with his responses and answering questions for the far-away bride who was planning a wedding, site unseen. LOL.

Upon arriving the day before the wedding, Doug gave us another grand tour. He suggested rehearsing inside the barn and out by the tree... just in case. The morning of, he and his team offered suggestions and tips. He was a great moral support to the bride who was stressing out about an issue with the rental car. But all said and done, their team was GREAT! Little tokens here and there and professionalism all through the day (and the entire planning period). They even helped transport the bride (to stay hidden, the 8 month pregnant matron of honor, and her hobbling sister) down to the ceremony site.

I would highly recommend Fields of Blackberry Cove and the terrific team that made my sister's Wedding Day, the best that it could be!

Sarah · Married on 08/28/2016

Doug and his team at the Fields of Blackberry Cove are consummate pros. The venue was the first I visited with my parents and then-fiance (back in January, when it was freezing cold). The warmth of the welcome we received, along with the incomparable beauty of the place and the thoughtfulness put into all of the services and facilities, made every venue we visited after pale in comparison. The prices and flexibility here are absolutely unmatched--you can flex as much or as little DIY muscle as you want, and Doug and co. will make sure the rest comes out beautifully. Despite having done hundreds (if not thousands) of weddings over the years, Doug always makes you feel like yours is the most important one.

The team goes above and beyond in keeping the grounds gorgeous (they plant to attract butterflies!); tirelessly setting up the space beforehand (even when I asked to make changes after the tables had been set up); remembering every last detail (like floss in the bathrooms because we were serving corn on the cob); and pampering the bride and groom (we were whisked away in a golf cart after our ceremony for a moment to ourselves, and were handed wine and bourbon en route). So many decorative items, furniture pieces, and services that would cost extra at most venues are simply included at Blackberry Cove.

We held our ceremony under the giant old oak tree, with the reception in the barn. We loved all of the barn's conversation nooks, and with string lights, plantings and fabric bunting, it hardly needed additional decor (we brought in buckets of flowers and arranged them ourselves). The indoor, air-conditioned lodge is a great base for the family early in the day with a large bridal suite, multiple showers, clean bathrooms, and plenty of space to spread out (not to mention providing a solid rain backup plan for the ceremony).

Choosing Blackberry Cove was absolutely the best decision we made in planning our wedding; I cannot say enough good things!

Christina · Married on 05/28/2016

We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding at The Fields of Blackberry Cove! We had our ceremony outside under the huge oak tree and reception in the refurbished barn. It was so beautiful! Doug and staff did a wonderful job setting up all the tables and chairs and getting everything ready. The were very accommodating and had a golf cart available to transport my elderly grandmother from the ceremony site in the field to the reception. Before the wedding Doug responded very quickly to any and all questions and was very patient with us when picking out linens and other aspects of the day. He even let us bring our dog who hung out in the lodge during the reception! We were very happy with everything and would definitely recommend The Fields to everyone!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

We visited 4 venues and Blackberry Cove was the first. I had a very difficult time deciding between 3 out of 4 of the venues but eventually knocked one out of the running due to the location not being convenient. We went back to Blackberry Cove when deciding between the final 2 and booked it that day, all because of Doug. He is a miracle worker. When you are stressed over something for the 30th time throughout your planning process, you will be glad you chose Doug and his team. Any time I was ready to have a melt down, Doug took over and took care of the problem instantly. I had complete faith in him, even when it came down to something he could not control like the weather, because he just WORKS IT! When I was upset the morning of our wedding because of potential rain, he texted me a picture of the tables he had just set up while we were on our way there, and I instantly felt calm and happy. During the reception, he was like a little elf in the background, making sure everything flowed smoothly yet he remained inconspicuous. He is a hoot to boot! The staff was friendly, professional, and extremely attentive. The value was the best, in our opinion, for everything that is included - Doug is pretty much your "day of" planner, and you can rent pretty plates and glassware for like 10 cents a person. They also have tons of furniture, curtains, lights, and props you can use for the night free of charge. The venue is also so, so beautiful, with multiple locations for your ceremony. We chose to have our's under the tree, but loved that we had the barn and lodge as a back up if it did rain. The barn looked absolutely beautiful, as did the lush, green mountain views. Our guests raved that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. I actually cried the night after our wedding because I wanted to do it all over again! My only "heads up" is that they do book weddings Friday, Saturday, Sunday, so the space isn't necessarily your's for the whole weekend.

Julia · Married on 05/06/2016

We got married at the Fields of Blackberry Cove in early May and it was absolutely perfect! From the first time we toured the place, we were in love and the venue and the team! Not only was the venue absolutely stunning, but the team was so personable, fun, and easy to work with, which made our wedding even better! We definitely recommend this venue to any couple looking to have a beautiful, fun, and stress-free wedding! Thank you for making our wedding fantastic!

Kara · Married on 04/30/2016

Amazing place to have our wedding! Was absolutely beautiful and Doug did everything he could to make our day perfect! He went above and beyond anything we could have ever imagined!

Brian and Melissa · Married on 04/03/2016

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more special, beautiful wedding. The location is beautiful, the venue is spectacular and the owners and staff made sure everything ran on time and beautifully. We honestly couldn't have imagined having our wedding anywhere else but at the Fields of Blackberry Cove. Also like a lot of the other reviews quit looking around, this is the best venue and affordable there is. Doug and the employee's are the best in western north carolina

The owners are extremely flexible and really open to ideas. They make you feel really welcome and not pressured at all. I cannot wait to get married there!

Alexis · Married on 10/04/2015

This is the most beautiful and secluded venue I have ever seen. Doug is the owner and he was always very attentive throughout the months before the wedding. The fields and barn are absolutely stunning, it ended up raining on our wedding day but they had a backup place for us, inside the lodge, which sat all my guests and was just as beautiful, they even started up the fireplace for us!

Doug and Freda are amazing and lovely people who will work hard to making your day beautiful. They pulled out all of the stops for my wedding and I could not have been happier with their gorgeous venue and fantastic service. And they offer a military discount.

Sara · Married on 05/03/2015

The Fields of Blackberry Cove was the most PERFECT wedding venue in the Asheville area. Doug was helpful and a true visionary for my wedding. Honestly, I was so over wedding planning that I asked Doug to set everything up like he wanted it to be. He made all the last minute decisions and executed them beautifully. Doug answered all of my last minute questions. We were married under the Oak Tree in the field and had our reception in the barn. My wedding pictures in the field were amazing with the mountains as the backdrop. On top of all these things, this venue is SO reasonably priced! They honored my husband with a military discount and made us feel like family. I would recommend this venue to everyone!

Doug was so amazing!! Made our day perfect from the very start! The moment we stepped foot on the property we knew that was the place.. we just got this overwhelming feeling that Fields was perfect!!! Doug was very honest, did not slip any extra costs in and every interaction with him was wonderful! He also went to great lengths to make sure everything ran smoothly. My husband has a physical disability and it can be really hard for him to walk... they accommodated us at every turn and made sure that we did not feel like it was a burden! really top notch managing and the perfect venue!!!

Caitlin · Married on 03/27/2015

THIS is the place you want to get married at, folks. Logistically - you get the entire day and all three facilities (The Fields, The Lodge, The Barn). They're handicap accessible, and an exceptional value.

Doug and his staff are incredibly caring and are completely on top of it. From Day 1 (a year out for us), it was obvious Doug's number one concern was being flexible and providing the most accomodating experience possible. I was so impressed they had everything on site (for a really exceptional price, I might add) - including a variety of chairs, tables, decorations, linens, and all servingware. I appreciated Doug's humor, calm, and expertise throughout the whole planning process, and could not have been in better hands.

The Fields, The Lodge, and the Barn are all absolutely gorgeous. We hardly did any decorating - simple supplementation was all that was necessary (cross that off your list!).

Because nobody had booked the day before our wedding, Doug let us do a rehearsal on site, and was the perfect host for all 20 some odd people in my family/wedding party. I couldn't fathom how we were going to fit all 120 guests into the lodge, but they did a pheneomenal job, and it didn't feel crowded at all. Additionally, you'll make the most gorgeous photographs on site - even in the winter. It's incredible.

On the day of the wedding, Doug and his staff were totally on it, and were the friendliest people.

Debra · Married on 03/21/2015

The owner and staff are totally focused on making sure your event goes smoothly by being attentive to EVERY aspect of your event. From the first visit to tour the venue to the final moments of pulling away after the cleanup and closure Doug, Ken and their staff are right there beside you to make sure you have everything you need. They even jump in if/when other things you have hired out to be done might not be going the way it should to make sure your event goes the way you want it. They are very personable, professional and caring and you cannot ask for a better group of people to bring your special event together.
    My daughter's wedding was PERFECT and with the smooth operations from this venue I could not have asked for a better experience.

Noele · Married on 10/19/2014

Doug was absolutely fabulous. I knew we were in good hands the entire time spent planning our big day. He made everything go so smoothly!

Lynn · Married on 08/31/2014

Doug and his team are wonderful! This property was a perfect setting for my daughter's wedding. Doug was always responsive to all my questions, reassuring and was there to make sure everything was perfect. I highly recommend The Fields of Blackberry Cove.

Jennifer · Married on 08/23/2014

The Fields of Blackberry Cove is a beautiful location to have any event! If the beauty of the mountains with a hometown feel is what you are looking for then this is your event venue!
    Doug and his staff go above and beyond to make your special day perfect in every way. There was no request not met by them. They are easy to work with and strive to make your days vision a reality.
    The event rental was as easy as telling our needs and the number needed and poof we had them!
    The staff was friendly and did a great job.
    The bridal suit is great. The fields are gorgeous, the barn is beautiful, and the lodge is cozy. So take your pick of any of these great spots because they each have their own flare!
    Our day was perfect in every way because of all the hard work put into by everyone on site, the beauty of the venue, and the spirit of love in the air!
    Darrell & Jennifer Saucier

Shannon · Married on 08/16/2014

Absolutely perfect! Doug and Freda were amazing and wonderful to work with! The setting is absolutely breathtaking and they made our day so special!

Marni · Married on 07/12/2014

My event went completely smooth. There was not one hiccup. Doug made sure the environment was professional and fun! I would highly recommend this venue, it's a beautiful place for a great price!

Sheila · Married on 06/08/2014

The Fields of Blackberry Cove couldn't have been a better choice for my husband and I to have our ceremony and reception. We were recommended to the venue by a co-worker and were impressed with the facility, the value and flexibility. Doug, the owner, was very accommodating and reassuring and made the process seamless. He was very encouraging of our ideas and let us bring our antique tractor as well as my horse. The day turned out beautiful and the rain missed us, and I was able to successfully ride my horse from the barn area down to the ceremony site by the tree and it was exactly what I wanted. Doug had a great staff and everyone helped with decorating and setting up tables with me and my family and they took care of little things (setting up drinks, taking decorations here and there, etc) and everyone complemented the wedding on how gorgeous it was and the venue/location. <3 you Doug and your venue!!!