The Fez Reviews

The Fez 1
  • Nick

Nick Miller · Getting married on 08/31/2019

Perfect Management

very responsive, and easy to work with. Have made the reception an easy process.

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Chrystal

Chrystal · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing to work with

Our wedding is 8/17/19 and so far everything is going great

Sent on 01/04/2019

Kelsey · Married on 06/08/2019

Wonderful venue!

I could not have asked for a better wedding experience with The Fez! Everybody was very friendly and extremely accommodating. Debbie and her staff helped us planned the most amazing wedding. Everything was very clearly stated in their contract, so there were no surprises. They answered all of my many questions and tweaked their package to fit our needs/requests. Price wise, they can’t be beat. I honestly had to make sure I understood our options correctly, because they are much more economical than similar venues in the area and they included so much for the money. Our day of coordinators were awesome and the whole evening went perfectly! The food was awesome, the cake was amazing and the room was stunning. They did 98% of the set up, and we only had to take what we wanted when we left. I can not express how thankful we are for this group of people that helped us have an amazing wedding day.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    The Fez 2
  • Nicolette

Nicolette · Married on 09/08/2018

If you're looking for a fantastic venue with incredible food and staff, The Fez is the place to go! their prices are the best in Pittsburgh by far and we got so many compliments on the food and how beautiful the venue was. Debbie and her assistant (Carolyn I think!) were absolutely amazing to work with and were super quick to respond to any questions I had. I don;t regret anything about choosing to have my special day here!

Sent on 09/24/2018

The Fez's reply:

Thank you Nicolette. We really enjoyed having you and Scott her at The Fez for your Wedding Day. It's always wonderful to have couples like you who are a joy to be around. We wish you many long happy years to come. Thanks again for your kind words.

Peter · Married on 08/18/2018

We had to plan our wedding from across the country and we were worried about the process. The Fez staff and owner were amazing. Without question, they were the best part of the wedding planning. They responded quickly and were extremely helpful especially considering we had some unique circumstances to deal with. The night of the wedding, things could not have gone smoother. We arrived earlier than expected and they were still there ready for us. The room was perfect and the staff continually sought out myself and my wife to ensure everything was going how we wanted. I can't possibly recommend this venue enough. Book them and I promise you will have an easy planning experience and an absolutely perfect wedding and reception.

Sent on 10/10/2018

The Fez's reply:

Thank you sooo much! We enjoyed having you and Tatiana here for your Big Day!! Hope your "second" wedding in Europe went smoothly. You're a special couple and we wish you many happy years to come!!

Candace · Married on 10/28/2017

Debby, Steve, and Dillon did a great job in helping us organize for the day of, a/c levels, drinks, and any minor problems that came up during the event. They were right there and very easy to work with. For the price being all inclusive, I’d highly recommend! Their holiday meals are just as tasty as their event menus. I would use them again for future events. Thank you Debby, Steve, and Dillon!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Katie · Married on 05/27/2017

I could not say enough positive things about our reception at The Fez. The staff truly works to make sure your day is what you've envisioned. Deb is very immediate with her responses to any questions and Steve is on hand day of to make sure you are happy and things are going smoothly.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Amazing room, food and atmosphere. Had my ceremony and reception in the same room and the staff provided a seamless transition. Any email I sent leading up to the wedding was answered on less than an hour. I can't recommend them enough!!

Sent on 01/17/2016

The Fez's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We're so happy to know that you had a wonderful wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2015

I am so happy with our choice of venue at The Fez! We had a large wedding, in the Grand Ballroom, and everything was flawless. Working with Debby was a breeze...I wouldn't change a thing!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

The Fez's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're always so happy to hear that our couples have fun, memorable wedding days, and that we can help to take some of the stresses of wedding planning off of your shoulders. All of our best wishes to you both for many years of happiness.

I grew up about 10 minutes from the Fez, went to high school in Hopewell, and had many sports banquets there so it honestly wasn't on my list of venues at first but the more research I did and more venues I looked at the more I considered the Fez. I currently live in Ohio and wanted a venue that took care of everything and that wouldn't make me go broke. The Fez had reasonable prices and was so easy to work with...plus the rooms are beautiful! Debbie was very prompt in replying to emails and phone calls and I loved that she provided her own advice and guidance for how the reception should go. I have only been to a few weddings and was really unsure of what would work best for our own. Debbie has the experience and knowledge to make sure that your wedding is flawless...I knew I could trust her opinions because she has seen just about everything! I got many compliments on not only the venue but also the food! I am so happy we went with the Fez, it was a perfect night!

Sent on 11/12/2015

The Fez's reply:

What a sweet note! Thank you so much. Our team sincerely wants nothing more than to help make your Wedding Day one that includes great food, good service, beautiful surroundings, AND most of all, great memories for you AND your guests. We really appreciate you taking the time to submit your review. All of our best wishes for a long, happy future together!

Micayla · Married on 05/09/2015

The Fez did a phenomenal job for our wedding. We were in a newly renovated room and everything turned out beautifully. We had our ceremony right in our reception room and we were amazed at how quickly the staff got all of the chairs from our aisle, back to the tables for cocktail hour. The food was delicious and we are still getting compliments on how nice everything was. The Fez was so easy to work with and offered a lot of support along the way- we couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding ceremony and reception at The Fez!

Sent on 05/15/2015

The Fez's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Fez, Micayla. We loved working with you, and are so happy to see your kind remarks. Our best wishes to you both!

Dani · Married on 04/25/2015

Our Wedding at The Fez was everything we could have hoped for. The rooms are beautiful and the price can't be beat. The wedding planner Deb was great to work with. She helped us with all of her plans and is a walking encylopedia of wedding information and service providers. The food was the best I've had at any wedding ANYWHERE, ever. The work staff was attentive and every aspect of the evening flowed perfectly. Chuck Webb our DJ had everyone up and dancing all night. I would recommend The Fez to anyone!

Sent on 09/02/2009

Melinda · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband and I were married on July 12, 2014 and held our reception in the balconade room of The Fez. We could not have hoped for a better experience. We met with Debby, their catering director, several times before the big day to hash out details. She was very professional and knowledgeable. She gave great advice every step of the way and was extremely accommodating. The balconade room, with chandeliers, a balcony, and staircase, is very elegant. We were given the choice of napkins (we chose plum to correspond with our wedding color); otherwise, we felt it unnecessary to decorate as the decor is very classic. We had a blast on the day of our wedding. The cake (done by Brenda McGee who works with the Fez) was exactly the way we had wanted it. The service was great, the food was tasty, and the timeline we had planned went smoothly. The banquet managers checked in with my husband or I every half hour or so. They were very warm and attentive to our needs. The bartenders were also very professional. I would definitely recommend this venue to a bride who wants a gorgeous wedding at a very reasonable price. My husband and I live in Pittsburgh (while my family lives in Beaver County). We looked at MANY venues, but nothing came close to the value of The Fez. I can't imagine having chosen anywhere else. Thank you again to Debby, Jordan, Steve, the owner, and all of the Fez staff for providing us such a memorable experience.

Sent on 08/14/2014

christine · Married on 06/27/2014

Debbi was the best she took care of every thing. The food was great

Sent on 07/12/2014

Nicole · Married on 07/05/2013

Debbie was amazing to work with. She would answer all questions the best she could and made my day beautiful!!! My wedding point man, the day of the wedding, was so on top of everything!! The venue was out of this world with the biggest dance floor and the BEST food!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Laura · Married on 06/29/2013

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the fez!! Debbie was fanstastic! I had random questions throughout the year of planning the wedding, and she was there for advice. It was also really helpful when she gave us a sheet of photographers, djs, videographers who worked close to the fez. The food was fantastic! The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect. The staff was great! The bartender would see me walking off the dance floor and had a drink waiting for me. Everything was perfect. The cake was also very delicious. I would definitely recommend the fez to friends and family. The grandballroom was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 08/20/2013

The food was delicious and the atmosphere was simply beautiful. My husband and I loved the service provided here.

Sent on 12/31/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2013

I don't know what I could say about the Fez aside from the fact that they helped make my wedding reception one of the best events my guests have been to. The dance floor in the Grand Ballroom was amazing. The staff was very professional and knowledgable. I didn't have to worry about anything. It all went off without a hitch. Debby, the coordinator, also did a great job at helping keep me sane before my wedding. I definitely appreciated that! Their prices are very reasonable and give you a lot of variety to choose from when it comes to your budget. We had the Princess buffet and still are getting compliments on how good it was. We loved the food. They loved the food. (It's also nice that since they're right outside of Allegheny County, you don't get hit up with the extra liquor taxes.) We are so very happy with how everything turned out at the Fez and would recommend it to all.

Sent on 06/13/2013

The Fez's reply:

Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments. We were so happy to have you. We all LOVED your "super hero" theme. It was unique, and done beautifully. Our best wishes to you both!!!

Abbie · Married on 06/01/2013

The Fez was the perfect combination of affordable and beautiful. We had our reception in the Balconade room and couldn't have asked for a better experience. The music was great, the lighting was beautiful, and the event manager on hand was there to make sure any issues or concerns were dealt with right away. During the planning process the event planner (Debby S.) anwered all of my 500 emails and was always quick to be accomodating. Everyone said our weddings was one of the most beautiful they have attended, which means a lot to someone who is planning a wedding on a budget!

Sent on 07/02/2013

The Fez's reply:

Thank you so much. We enjoyed you, and your families, incredibly much. Your wedding was beautiful....and very touching! We're so happy to have been able to work with you! Our best wishes to you both!
  • KBM

Beth · Married on 04/19/2013

The Fez was great and the price was just what we needed. We were in the new renovated Terrace Room and it was beautiful. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/24/2013

The Fez's reply:

Thank you sooo much. You're were our first bride and groom in our newly renovated Terrace Room, and your own personal décor just added to create a gorgeous event. It was certainly our pleasure to work with you both to plan your ceremony and reception, to have been able to be a part of your special day. Our best wishes to you both.

Aubrey · Married on 10/26/2012

They made it sooo smooth and easy on every step of the way. Also their prices are a steal. They maybe a little far, but their prices are worth it! The food is sooo incredible and they gave us a care package of all the food that was left over. I highly recommend them to the fullest!

Sent on 11/01/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/20/2012

We could not have been happier with The Fez. Our event was held in the Terrace Room, their smallest room, but we never felt like their smallest clients, even on a day when another wedding was being held in a larger room. Debby, the wedding coordinator, was responsive, flexible, helpful, and full of great ideas from beginning to end - we couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. Steve, the event manager that night, was so impressive and attentive, but never bothersome. We probably don't even know half of the things he handled - he was that good. The food is amazing, most people went up to the buffet twice, and the wait staff and bar staff were exceptional. For the cost of The Fez, I never in 1 million years would have expected the level of service or quality of food. We could not have asked for a better night in a better place.

My ONLY suggestion would be to outsource your cake. I know that it is included and that seems like a steal, but, while it did not ruin our night by any stretch of the imagination, we were completely disappointed with our cake's design. It looked nothing like she (Cakes by Brenda McGee) had shown us in the consultation and the taste was unimpressive. However, with the money you save by going with The Fez, you can afford the cake of your dreams and don't need the free one!

Again, my husband and I, and our guests, strongly recommend The Fez to all potential Brides and Grooms. You will have a wonderful, carefree time, with lots of reassurance and assistance along the way!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Denise · Married on 05/11/2012

Where to begin? The food? The service? The renovation? It was all AMAZING! When looking for a venue I needed one that was inexpensive that included most everything. I looked at a few places, but never found anything within our price range. A friend recommended The Fez and I’m so glad she did! From the first moment we met with Debby, I knew we had chosen the right place. She was patient and kind and responsive. She answered all of my millions of questions both over the phone and via email. She would answer most emails within 24 hours, but most were sooner. She has been doing this for a long time and she knew her stuff! Knowing that the centerpieces, table numbers and cake were all taken care of, was a load off of my mind! And having the renovated ballroom just made everything complete! On the day of the wedding, Steve, Levi and their team were out of the world! All of my guests could not say enough about the quality of the service! They had not been treated so well in a long time and everybody raved about the quality of service! Steve and Levi were professional and kept checking in with us throughout the night! The food was amazing too! We got the Supreme Buffet and it was awesome! Plenty of variety and everybody got a little something that they liked. So between the food, the service and the open bar…our guests had a great time! Everybody said that it was the best wedding they had been to in a long time! All the staff at The Fez was friendly, efficient, helpful and knowledgeable. From Debby to the guy who set up the tables. I met them all and they were all so wonderful! We appreciate the time and energy they put toward making our day so special! We hope that we can work with them in the future for another party!

Sent on 06/04/2012

The Fez's reply:

Thank you for sharing your great experience with other brides-to-be, Denise! Everyone here at The Fez so enjoyed having the chance to share in your special day!

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2011

This was the best venue for our wedding. We had the Grand Ball Room. Which was perfect for our size wedding. The food was AMAZING!!! My guest are still talking about the food!!! Since our wedding, we have a few friends and family members who are using the venue for their weddings. They give you a personal assistant who checks with you through the night to see if you need anything. He came up to me to let me know that they were going to turn on the air, then a few hours later asked if it was comfortble and if anything else need to be done. Loved it... Debbie was amazing... the cake vendor the use Brenda was AWESOME... she worked with us. We saw in her service with the Fez you can get certain flavors, well she had pumpkin cake, we asked her if we could use that since our wedding was at the end of October, she did not charge that much. It is worth having your wedding her!!! We also had our ceremony here. It was nice how it was set up. You can pick how you want the ceremony to be located in the room.

Sent on 04/22/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2011

The fez was so wonderful and easy to work with! Met all of my requests and everything was above and beyond what we had expected for our day! The food was wonderful - everyone still talks about it to this day!

Sent on 12/14/2012