The Farmhouse at 30542 Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Samantha
    Samantha Married on 10/19/2019

Nice venue

Even though we didn’t end up using this venue I want to thank Cathy for being so nice and helpful when we visited it really was a beautiful wedding venue and I definitely will recommend to others!

The Farmhouse at 30542's reply:

Thank you Samantha! It makes it all worth the time when someone recommends you to others. Blessings to you!
    David Married on 06/09/2018
    I’ll start by saying that I was not involved in either wedding party. I was the MC for a couples very special day and we all worked together to make it that way (venue owner included). I can personally say that as someone who runs sound professionally that we had no issues with the 60db limit at The Farmhouse property. The property owner still has a job to do to keep the venue operating to county standards. We ran a steady 52db even during the dance music and peaked at 60db during announcements and never had one guest ask to turn it up or one neighbor ask to turn it down. I could hear music and mic throughout the property without any issues. Some people take a limit of 60dbs personally because they believe more volume is better. When you run sound correctly and are not just another DJ with a laptop and mixer, you know better. When you stay professional and flexible I believe everyone can leave happy. We Love this venue and we look forward to working with them again soon!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer D. Married on 04/21/2018

Wedding Venue

I chose this venue because it made me feel like I was at home. We did the weekend package. I’m really glad because it took most of Friday to get everything set up. I would say this is a hidden gem off of the beaten path. The owners are very nice to work with. Cathy really goes out of her way to make you feel like you’re the only bride that has stepped on the venue. Would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for that ‘at home’ feel! You will not be disappointed! 💜
    Emily Married on 03/17/2018
    My husband and I got married at the Farmhouse in March of 2018 and I am so happy all of our memories took place there! Cathy and Roger couldn't have been more helpful on the day of the wedding and in the planning phase. They have added lots of unique touches to this venue and are very open to what you may or may not want for your day. Cathy even thoughtfully and beautifully personalizes a chalk board with each couple's names on wedding days. As for the noise ordinances mentioned in the another review, there's really nothing that can be said. The venue owners are just following the county ordinances for the area and trying to be considerate and neighborly citizens (they also live in the neighborhood). Noise level was not an issue at my wedding and we had a blast dancing at the appropriate sound levels! Can't say enough good things about this place!
    Lindsey Married on 05/13/2017
    This venue is amazing; the owners of the venue are just as amazing! This is definitely the perfect place to celebrate your big day and share all this momentous occasion with your family and friends!
    Sarah Married on 04/01/2017
    Super happy with Cathy and The Farmhouse. Should definitely keep the Friday noon-Sunday noon rental option, it made everything stress free for wedding weekend!
  • User2918802 2+ years ago
    AMAZING!! I just got married on 12/18/16. Most amazing experience of my life. Thanks to Cathy and her beautiful venue I got to have my dream wedding. Mrs. Cathy is the nicest person you'll ever meet! Loved the place!
    Emily Married on 11/12/2016
    Cathy is WONDERFUL to work with. The venue is beautiful, it's super open and you can do many different things with the space to make it feel unique or different, but it's also close enough to be convenient for guests and everything you need.

I would highly recommend choosing this venue. Cathy and her husband are constantly making upgrades and enhancements to the space and are very flexible on what you may or may not want for your wedding!
    Carol Married on 09/17/2016
    I loved the Farmhouse! It is a beautiful place to celebrate!
    Lorri Married on 04/22/2016
    I have had two events at The Farmhouse. It is absolutely beautiful! The venue is both rustic and charming. It is obvious that much time and care have been given to make this venue perfect for special occasions. The Littles are extremely kind and will go above and beyond to make the events perfect. It is truly a wonderful place for special events, showers, weddings, and more.
    Devereux Married on 09/25/2015
    A wedding rehersal dinner was the event, it was perfect, i was a guest/ relative of the groom.
    It actually was a misty rainy night but a tent was rented and it was great. the venue had turf so no muddy shoes, everyone was happy and it was beautiful; the pasture had cattle and it was beautiful.
  • User2887669 2+ years ago
    Loved it! Cathy is wonderful and easy to work with, and the venue is a dream! However make sure to read the contract and walk through because care taking is very important
  • Y
    Yazy Married on 04/08/2018
    This was a pretty venue we really enjoyed it. My only issue was the music, it had to be on a certain level which is understandable but it’s kinda in the middle of nowhere and the level was extremely low. I was inside of the house on the venue and I couldn’t even hear the music. We didn’t enjoy the dancing too much because the music had to be very low. That was my only issue, other than that Cathy is a very sweet lady and will help you with whatever she can.
    Tonya Married on 05/28/2017
    Beautiful venue - overall good experience!
    Katia Married on 09/18/2021

The most worst experience

If I could give the owner of this place Zero star, I would. IF YOU WANT A WEDDING WITH THE OWNER HARASSING YOU, BEING IN YOUR WEDDING DAY TEN TIMES, KEEPING YOUR DEPOSIT WITHOUT PROOF OF THE “SUPPOSEDLY DAMAGES”, KICKING OUT THE 80 YEARS OLD PEOPLE FROM HER UGLY AND OLD LIVING ROOM, GIVING YOU FORMS TO BE SIGNED ON YOUR WEEDDING DAY, SHUTTING DOWN THE PARTY BEFORE THE TIME THAT WAS SIGNED, HOVERING OVER US TO CLEAN EVERYTHING THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE. SHE IS RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. SHE RUINED THE GROOM AND BRIDES MOMENT. HER PLACE SHOULD HAVE BAD REVIEWS
    Mildred Married on 06/24/2017
    Very unprofessional worst experience with a vendor I have ever had. The security deposit most likely won’t be given back to you and you are not allowed to have any kind of noise with out Cathy complaining. Would not recommend this place to ANYONE.

The Farmhouse at 30542's reply:

I would like to respond to your comment. First of all, you did receive a portion of your security deposit. There were complaints from our surrounding residential area that your party was too loud. As stated in our contract which was signed by your then fiance, "major factors for not returning your security deposit are: Going over your time, trash/ not cleaning the venue and noise complaints." Your party had all three and I still returned a portion of your deposit.

What most brides do not understand is this is your party. You are responsible for each one of your guests and their actions. We strive to be inclusive with our venue. The contract, which are rules set in place to give you parameters are meant to be kept. These factors determine how I am to trust your part of the commitment. You essentially broke your end of the contract and suffered by forfeiting a portion of the security deposit. In reviewing your party, there was quite a bit left for us to remove from the grounds in addition to the noise complaints. There were liquor bottles, beer cans, trash, dirty diapers, chairs for us to stack and put away. I was actually quite generous in returning a portion of your security deposit.
    In the future, please be sure you can adhere to the terms of the contract before you sign. Otherwise you will be penalized.