The Faded Poppy Reviews

109 | Waynesboro, VA

109 Reviews for The Faded Poppy

• Amy

Amy · Married on 11/09/2019

More then I could have ever imagined

I do not know much about florals, so when planning my wedding I did not have much information to give. I sent Sara and Jason an inspiration board I created for my wedding, and what they put together was more then I could have ever imagined or dreamed of. What they created so was beautiful and so perfectly us (without even meeting us in person!). I never thought I could love a bouquet so much, but now I know it is possible! I had to drive it 1600 miles from Virginia back to Colorado.

Aside from the beauty they create, Sara and Jason are beautiful souls themselves. Working with them was such a blessing.

Sent on 11/16/2019

AWWWW, thank you Amy!!
    It has been a pleasure getting to know you over these last months. Our shared love of good cocktails and pups will certainly make for a lasting friendship!! We are both very happy to hear you loved your FP creations and appreciate that you also think we have beautiful souls. :) Ditto to you beautiful lady!!
    All our best, J & S.
  • Matt

Matt Jernigan · Married on 10/18/2019

Great to work with!

We were very happy with Sara's work on our wedding! She was responsive and open to any ideas we had for the big day. On the day of the wedding, she made sure to keep us on track and inform of us anything going on. She made us feel very special! We especially appreciated the responses to our frantic emails the week fo the wedding, and all of the behind-the-scenes work contacting our vendors.

Sent on 12/04/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Thank you Matt!! It was a pleasure assisting you both. Your level of attention to detail was impressive and made my job easy peasy!! Your wedding was one of the most beautiful weddings I've had the pleasure of being part of so thank you for including me.
    All of our very best to you and Ben,
  • David

David & Jordan Motsek · Married on 10/12/2019

The best decision!

Hiring Sara and Jason was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! We primarily worked with Sara for both our day-of coordination and our florals, and wow!! Sara was super helpful throughout the entire process with answering all of our questions and helping us make our visions a reality. She helped ease my mind on more than one occasion, and made sure our rehearsal and wedding day went smoothly. I can’t recommend having a day-of coordinator enough, especially one who will take your wishes to heart and ensure that everything works out as planned and everyone is kept in line.
    Our wedding florals turned out better than we could’ve hoped for. We didn’t want to spend a ton of money on them, and with Sara’s help we were able to repurpose ceremony floral decor into reception decor as well. I went in to the first meeting with Sara wanting a mostly white bouquet, and I’m so glad she recommended pops of color instead. My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous!
    Working with Sara and Jason was a dream, and I can’t recommend them enough. They are so talented and really work to make sure their clients are 100% satisfied.

Sent on 05/19/2020

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Jordan!! This just made my day!! Thank you for your kind words and for entrusting us with your wedding day and flowers. It was so great getting to know you over wine sips and planning and spending the day with you and your families. Our very, VERY best to you & David.
    S&J.
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Bly · Married on 10/05/2019

Creative, Kind, Talented, and Accommodating!

We had the best experience working with Faded Poppy! From start to finish, we were involved in bringing our ideal floral arrangements to life! So thankful for their help in making our day truly a dream and providing us with options to keep us in budget while ensuring we had the day we imagined.

Sent on 11/25/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn, it is very kind of you to take the time to send us this review. It was a pleasure working with you to bring your dream to fruition. Your classic white & green theme brought the venue to life.
    Our very best to you both.

Sophia Seitz · Married on 10/05/2019

Highly recommend -- stunning florals and easy to work with!

Sara and Jason are amazing! We planned our wedding in Virginia from Massachusetts, and it was so easy to communicate with The Faded Poppy -- they were super organized and always got back to us quickly! We also thought the pictures that they included in the proposals made it so much easier to visualize what they were suggesting. They were so respectful of our budget and were so willing to accommodate changes in the arrangements we wanted. On our wedding day, we were both blown away by how beautiful the flowers were. Up until our wedding day, neither of us would have said that flowers were a huge priority, but both my husband and I agreed that the arrangements that Sara and Jason put together were one of our favorite details on our wedding day. We also got so many compliments from our guests. Our only regret is that we left for our honeymoon right after our wedding so we didn’t get to enjoy our flowers after our wedding day. Our guests loved taking home the arrangements though!

Sent on 12/06/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Wow, thank you Sophia!! I'm so happy to hear that your flowers became one of your favorite details.. I might be a little bias but they were mine too!! :) All our best, J & S.
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2019

Gorgeous flowers & wonderful people!

Sara and Jason were simply amazing to work with for our wedding! Not knowing much about flowers at all, I sent Sara a few examples of arrangements, styles and colors that I liked, and they came through with choosing and designing the most perfect flowers for our special day. All of the flower décor from my bridal bouquet to the bridesmaids’ bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, flower girl basket and our arbor décor piece was gorgeous and exactly what we were envisioning. Sara and Jason were so accommodating and easy to work with throughout the whole process, even as I made changes to our requests adding numbers of boutonnieres/corsages and requesting some cake flowers at the last minute. They were the first vendors to arrive at our venue on our wedding day to set up, so it was great for a bride to see flowers already being put into place by the time she arrived. Between the time that the flowers were set up on the arbor for the ceremony and the time the ceremony started, a terrible thunderstorm came through the area with heavy rain and high winds that ended up knocking the arbor over completely, flowers and all – luckily the storm passed quickly and we had a beautiful evening for the ceremony, but as a testament to their quality, the flowers survived the storm beautifully and all in one piece, still providing a gorgeous backdrop while we tied the knot!

Sent on 10/20/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

I remember that storm, it was CRAZY! Yay for awesome flowers that can hold up to Virginia weather!!
    All our best to you both,
    Sara
  • Diana Corwin

Diana Corwin · Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful Florals

Sara and Jason did our bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages. Since we are out of state, we communicated 100% by email (by our choice). They were so easy to work with and were super flexible whenever I wanted to make changes or found new inspiration photos. They nailed our vision for our flowers, the prices were reasonable, and everything looked absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/30/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Thank you Diana, it took great confidence to entrust your vision to us without speaking or meeting in person. We are both happy to hear the process was so easy for you and that you were so pleased with your flowers.
    Many congrats to you both,

Amy · Married on 08/31/2019

Beautiful flowers, lovely people, and great support

We loved working with Sara and Jason for our flowers and day-of-coordination. I sent them a few ideas for flowers and they definitely brought the vision to life. They even made us a gender neutral bouquet for our all-gender bouquet toss! Sara thought creatively with us during our walk through about ways to decorate and also not completely blow our budget- much appreciated! To that point, Sara and Jason offer very fair prices and they are worth every penny! In terms of the coordination, Sara helped us take the stress out of the logistics. She helped us in planning and even came to our rescue when the groom's flower fell off his bout before our ceremony! She came to the rescue again when I forgot to tell a family member to stay behind for photos- she went and picked her up promptly! Lots of little things added up and made us so very grateful we chose to work with this great husband/wife team!

Sent on 10/01/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

I had THE best time at your wedding and getting to know you both!! I don’t think I’ve met a sweeter couple, you deserve the moon and stars!!
    We wish you both the very best + a little extra more,
  • Lisa

Lisa Killmer · Married on 08/03/2019

Exactly what we wanted

My daughter's wedding was a month ago and we were so pleased with the floral arrangements. My daughter said her bouquet was exactly what she wanted and when friends see photos they comment on the beauty of the flowers. The wedding venue was slightly out of the normal distance range for The Faded Poppy but we chose them based on our caterer's recommendation and also because their proposal allowed us to envision what the end product would look like. Sara and Jason were easy to work with and when we had changes to make they were very accommodating. We would recommend them to anyone searching for florals for a special day.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Hi Lisa,
    Thank you for your confidence in our work and for choosing us, it was a pleasure to work with you both and to have the opportunity to get out and see new places.
    Best wishes to all, S & J.
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Klann · Married on 07/19/2019

The Faded Poppy is the BEST!!!

I'm truly not sure where to begin-- Sara and Jason were simply a dream to work with and helped make our wedding day perfect and magical! We chose to use The Faded Poppy for both florals and planning services. I loved that we did this because they were completely in the know of every detail in regards to the flow of the day AND setup/decor. Throughout the entire process, they were very responsive and easy to work with. One thing that I love about the florals is that all bouquets are always unique to each bride! They truly have an artistic touch on everything they do, which makes each wedding they do that much more personal. As for the wedding day, I didn't have to worry about a thing; Sara took care of everything! And it's worth mentioning that she is very calm and laid back, which helps to put the bride, groom, families, and bridal party at ease. I promise you will be satisfied if you book The Faded Poppy!!

Sent on 07/31/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

I continue to be in awe of your kindness & generosity, thank you for these humbling comments. I am honored to have assisted you in the planning of your wedding and to have met you, your mom and extended families.
    All our very best to you & Billy !! J & S.
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/06/2019

Floral Magicians!

Sara & Jason absolutely hit the nail on the head when it came to delivering on our vision for our wedding. All of the floral decor, the boutonnieres, the bridesmaids bouquet, my bouquet... everything was stunning and exactly what we had envisioned. They made everything so easy leading up to the day, and were so accommodating with last minute changes. They also were very understanding of our budgetary restraints, and somehow were able to deliver everything we wanted with that in mind (how, I don't know.. floral magicians!). Thanks Faded Poppy for everything, you guys are fantastic!

Sent on 08/06/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Floral magician has a nice ring to it, I might have to keep that!! ;) Thank you for entrusting us with your vision, we enjoyed creating all of those pretties and are happy to hear you were so pleased with them.
    Best wishes, S & J.
  • Tenille

Tenille Maher · Married on 06/30/2019

Completely Fabulous Flowers!

Extremely pleased!! Faded Poppy was able to create my vision for our wedding perfectly with a unique bouquet and floral wreaths for bridal party. A gorgeous addition to our day from this professional and talented team!

Sent on 07/16/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Thank you Tenille!! Your bouquet has been one of my favorites to date, thank you for choosing me to create it for you!! Best wishes to you both, S.
  • Lillian

Lillian · Married on 06/29/2019

Faded Poppy is on point and will make your day worry-free

I seriously don't know what we would have done without Sara and Jason with Faded Poppy! They were so helpful in the last minute planning stages of our wedding, helping with the small details we knew nothing about, and generously providing their time for any advice we needed or providing ideas for transportation vendors to work with. And when we had to move to our rain site last minute, Sara handled everything - from coordinating new timelines and plans with our vendors to magically finding last minute flowers for our ceremony rain site (we hadn't needed any in our original outdoor plan). And perhaps most importantly, the only time I panic-cried on my wedding day was when I realized I had forgotten something and it was too late to go back and get it; she told me confidently "Don't you worry, that's my job, I'll figure out a way to get it. You relax, enjoy today" and then sure enough, she figured out a way to get it and the night was absolutely perfect because of it.

Faded Poppy also provided my flowers and she knew I was working on a budget, so she sourced local and they were beautiful and absolutely perfect.

You seriously won't have to worry about a thing with Faded Poppy - my husband and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/13/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

I LOVE that you signed off as "husband and I", it's makes it so official!
    We loved working with you, your wedding was as unique and awesome as the two of you are, the entire day was unforgettable. In fact, I still need a copy of your pong fury rules for my next party!! :) Thank you both for entrusting us, it was an absolute delight, S & J.

Gabrielle · Married on 05/26/2019

Stress Free Wedding

I used Sara with Faded Poppy as my day of coordinator for my wedding at Montfair Resort Farm and couldn't recommend her enough! I was hesitant to hire a day of coordinator. I was doing a mostly DIY wedding and was trying to cut costs wherever I could. However a few months before the wedding, I panicked and got a recommendation for Faded Poppy. I reached out and thankfully Sara was available! It ended up being some of the best money I spent. Her services were 100% worth it. I was able to be completely relaxed on my wedding day. Sara helped with all the set-up, did an amazing job decorating with my DIY flowers and decor, and kept our timeline rolling. I didn't worry about anything because I knew Sara had it under control. If things went wrong, I didn't know about them, it was all handled gracefully! Her help allowed me to be totally present with my guests and have an amazing day. If you're on the fence about hiring a day of coordinator, I can't recommend enough that you hire Sara! Enjoy a stress free wedding!

Sent on 07/15/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Knowing your family's background in the hospitality sector this is quite the compliment. It was a true pleasure spending time with and getting to know you all.
    Thank you also for being the first couple to include me in a first line, can't wait for the next one!! Best wishes to you both,
    S.
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic florist

I contacted Faded Poppy for our wedding not having a very specific vision or knowledge of flowers. I gave them some inspiration photos, and my color scheme and Sara was able to run with it and create a wonderful vision for the flowers. She was very knowledgeable about keeping things within our budget but still creating a beautiful product.

The centerpieces she made were beautiful and the bouquets even more stunning. We loved what they created and it added so much to our wedding decor!

Sent on 06/06/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Your lavender/purple flowers + greenery were one of my favorite this year!!
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful flowers

Working with Sara and Jason was a great experience! I was able to send them inspiration photos and a budget and they created something that i both LOVED and was a reasonable price! They were also flexible when i asked to make changes to my order.

Sent on 06/06/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

It's so nice to hear when our clients have a great experience and love their flowers!! (also.. love your Instagram quote :))

Catherine Raines · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful!

I am so happy that we chose The Faded Poppy as our florist! They were easy to work with and to communicate with, and they were super friendly as well. We sent them several changes to our original proposal, and they worked with us to make sure we had exactly what we wanted. All of the flower arrangements (bouquets, boutonnières, arbor, centerpieces) were so much more beautiful than I could have imagined! If you choose Faded Poppy as your florist, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/28/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

We enjoyed working with you and your mom over these last months and are so happy to hear you were pleased with your flowers. Your wedding was so beautiful as were you!! Best wishes to you both on many happy years, S & J.
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Flowers

We were so happy to work with Sara and Jason for our wedding in June at The Market at Grelen. They worked within our budget and were very flexible with changes I made throughout the wedding planning process. All of the flower arrangements turned out beautiful especially the bouquets. We also loved using wooden boxes provided by Faded Poppy as our centerpieces because guests were able to take the boxes home and reuse them. Thank you so much for all of your wonderful work Sara and Jason!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Hi Emily,
    Thank you for leaving us this lovely review and also for sharing your flower boxes with others! Way to pay it forward!! :)
  • Kayla

Kayla Hedrick · Married on 05/04/2019

Wedding Flowers

They are so beyond professional and accommodating!! Correspondence was rapid and thorough. Did everything via email and the quality matched the pictures! I gave them color ideas and they gave me options that I hadn’t even considered but absolutely loved! They allowed us to pick the flowers up the day before and gave us instructions on how to care for them. Apparently when my husband was picking up the flowers she had to take an important phone call. My husband never mentioned this to me so I had no idea but I received an email almost immediately after he left them apologizing for having to take the emergency call while he was there. (No big deal to us at all but they take their business serious enough that they felt the need to explain and apologize which I appreciate so much even though we never felt it was anything out of the way.) They also provided smaller pieces of flowers for photographs which was awesome and we actually were able to make a tiny bouttinier*(sp) with them for an extra kid that was kind of part of the wedding. So happy with them and their customer service and pricing!!! Would definitely recommend and consider for any future floral requests. For reference, we got 5 baby’s breath bouquets, my dried lavender bouquet, 6 boutoniers*, and 2 corsages for a little over $400 (we picked them up which took off the $200~ delivery charge but had we been getting lots of flowers like center pieces and archways we would have definitely taken advantage of their delivery and set up!!)

Sent on 06/15/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

LOVE that you were able to re-purpose some of your stems into a mini-bout!! & THANK YOU again for being so understanding about that phone call :) Many, many, many congrats to you and best wishes to you both.
    S.

Leslie · Married on 04/20/2019

Wonderful!

I can't say enough positive things about working with Sara and Jason for both our florals and day-of wedding coordination! Sara and Jason were extremely responsive, kind, and professional. They helped me navigate a few different floral and greenery options and made sure the wedding day ran seamlessly. Sara was so kind in helping calm my nerves, and Jason thought of logistical considerations that would have never occurred to me. Cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/13/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Hi Leslie!! Thank you, it was our pleasure working with you and getting to know you and your families. We absolutely loved spending the day with all of you and at such an incredible location! All of our best to you both, J & S.
  • Siobhan

Siobhan · Married on 11/04/2018

The Faded Poppy blew us away!

Working with Sara was an absolute joy! We didn't provide a whole lot of guidance in terms of what we were looking for for flowers and the proposal she came back with better than we could have even dreamed (and under budget!). She was always helpful and responsive during the planning process.
    On the day of, we were blown away with the flowers! I got tons of compliments on my bouquet and all of the flowers were unique and beautiful. Cannot recommended Faded Poppy enough for stunning flowers and stellar service!

Sent on 11/15/2018

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Your colorful bouquet was certainly a stunner, if we ever decide to renew our vows we may have to take inspiration from it. ;)
    Enjoy all the fun winery tours as Mr. & Mrs. Best wishes, J&S.
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 11/03/2018

They created the best day of our lives

I can’t recommend Sarah and Jason enough. From the beginning they were incredible (and SUPER fun) to work with! I sent them pictures from Pinterest for my wedding inspo, and they made our wedding 1000x better than any of those pictures combined. The florals were outstanding and perfectly placed in all parts of the day. Planning the day itself was a breeze with them and they helped me make sure we had everything done prior to the wedding. Jason executed the entire day flawlessly and the hiccups in the day weren’t even noticed at all. Sarah and Jason make an incredible team and they will make your special day the most incredible day of your lives. They are amazing and hilarious people and we can’t wait to stay in touch and continue to be friends. You need them for your wedding!!! You won’t regret it :)

Sent on 12/18/2019

Hi Marissa & Josh,
    Thank you very much for your amazing review. Thank you also for choosing us to plan & coordinate and provide the florals for your amazing wedding. And thank you for sharing some of your photos along with your review so others can enjoy them.
    The day was truly incredible and I, like you, will remember it for the rest of my life. All the florals came out incredibly well but your bouquet was just something else.
    The two of you are wonderful people that Sara & I look forward to remaining friends with and getting together with for dinner as soon as possible.
    Thank you again. Best wishes to you both + H & W!
    Jason.
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful experience with Sara and Jason!

Sara and Jason were wonderful to work with throughout the wedding planning process, and we absolutely loved our flowers! I didn't know much about flowers, and so gave Sara a rough idea of what I was looking for and she absolutely delivered! I was also unsure and went back and forth on a few decisions towards the end, but Sara was always patient with me, sent me multiple proposals to review, and stayed calm when we almost moved the wedding inside the day before. I also thought that the flowers were extremely reasonably priced!

Sent on 11/25/2018

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Thank you for the lovely compliments Victoria,
    Planning a wedding can certainly be stressful and last minute things almost always pop up so I'm happy to hear we were able to give you the feeling of calm during those moments, everything about your wedding day (including the weather) was gorgeous, we can't wait to see the photos!!
    Sara & Jason
  • Catelyn

Catelyn · Married on 10/20/2018

Freaking. Amazing.

If I were to tell you all of the amazing things about The Faded Poppy I would run out of space! They helped us coordinate and decorate our wedding with the most AMAZING flower arrangements (which are now dried and decorating our house!). I felt SO at ease for my entire day knowing that they had everything covered, they are organized, efficient, SO good with communication with the bridal couple as well as the other vendors. I was lucky enough to witness them at work for my best friend & sister's weddings and I was in awe at the work they do. If you're wondering who you should hire to help make sure the most important day of your life is on point, they are the only people I would trust. Thank you Sara & Jason for making our day PERFECT. Love you both!

Sent on 04/26/2019

The Faded Poppy's reply:

Thank you Catelyn!! It was such a pleasure getting to know all of you over these last few years, I have enjoyed every bit. I will treasure the memories we made (especially the tiny hand moments). Best wishes to you both for many, many, MANY happy years together!!!

Madalyn · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Flowers in the Shenandoah!

Sara and Jason were amazing to work with! We gave them our vision and they made something beautiful that was beyond our wildest imaginations! We had a few last minute things go wrong and their patience and flexibility, helped us feel calm before our big day. We continue to get compliments on our wedding flowers from people who look at our wedding photos. They do incredible work and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Thanks Madalyn,
    It was such a treat for us to work with you & B on your HHF wedding, your wedding vision was so unique and creative and allowed us to have lots of fun creating your flowers!!
    Best wishes to you both, S & J.