The Exeter Inn Reviews

The Exeter Inn 2
The Exeter Inn 3
The Exeter Inn 4

Susan · Married on 01/06/2018

it was WONDERFUL. The staff was amazing, we were late, rehearsal at Birth Wood Vineyards ran longer but the Exeter staff did NOT miss a beat. They were professional, so pleasant, courteous and efficient. It was fantastic. The food was lovely, the room was beautiful everything was perfect. Due to the snow and the frigid cold we had a few elders who were not able to attend and I asked if we could pack their meals up for them to bring back to the hotel. The staff was MORE than accommodating with regards to this "tacky" request and made me feel ligament in the asking:). All in all from start to finish it was an ABSOLUTE pleasure to work with Laura Sterritt in organizing this most special event. If we lived closer, this would be our traditional rehearsal dinner venue. I would HIGHLY recommend The Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant to anyone I know seeking a venue in the Exeter/New Hampshire area. This was just such a beautiful weekend.

Mary Beth · Married on 12/30/2017

We could not have asked for a more beautiful location for our Winter wedding! My wife and I got married in December and although the weather was cold, the Inn and all of the staff were warm and inviting. Laura made us feel right at home from the time we came for a tour to the last minute details of the wedding day. We had many questions and Laura was there to make sure that we had nothing to worry about. The Inn was SO beautifully decorated for the Holiday season; it was magical! To top it all off, the food was absolutely delicious! We would recommend the Exeter Inn to anyone for their dream wedding!

Kathy · Married on 11/25/2017

Our experience with The Exeter Inn was extraordinary. Laura Sterritt was phenomenal from beginning to end. What did we love about having our wedding with 75 guests at The Exeter Inn? The food, the setting, the staff, the architecture, the gorgeous room, the attentiveness of everyone there, the restaurant, the bar, the private dining room for our rehearsal room and again, Laura Sterritt. We had guests fly in from all over the country and it was wonderful for them to be able to stay at the Inn for the 3 days of fun and to be able to walk around the town of Exeter. Everyone remarked about how beautiful the Inn is and how fabulous the food was. I will be forever grateful that we had our lovely and intimate wedding at the lovely and intimate Exeter Inn. My only complaint? It was over way too soon.

LInda · Married on 11/11/2017

Had to plan a wedding in 3 1/2 weeks and Laura Sterritt was awesome! She worked with me to coordinate a perfect reception dinner. She was extremely responsive and on top of every detail. The staff at the reception and the food were awesome! Would definitely go back to this venue for any function I would plan. Highly recommend!!!

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Great venue to work with. Food was amazing and just overall experience was easy and great experience. Laura especially went above and beyond. She kept me sane through this whole process with her responsiveness and reassurance.

Sharon · Married on 08/28/2017

From the very beginning, Laura was THE REASON we chose The Exeter Inn for our event. Her personality and willingness to help us make our experience the best experience ever was top notch. The staff, the location, the service provided, the food...everything was just excellent. I truly felt like any issue I brought up was quickly addressed by Laura....but most of those issues weren't really wedding related...just outside forces within the Exeter that needed to be addressed...like the lack of customer service when my (then) fiancé and I tested the Epoch Restaurant to see how our guests may like it or the time right before our ceremony, I was doing one final run with my sound check and was asked by the front desk clerk to keep it down because guests were eating lunch (and the guests who were eating was my mom and my best woman). It just seemed like Laura didn't want any negative vibes throughout our wedding day and the days leading up to it. She even stayed longer than she usually does because I insisted. Now that's dedication. The day went by so fast, but Laura kept it together for us..even playing DJ for a bit!! Our wedding day happened as beautifully as it did because of her. So thank you Laura for giving us a memorable wedding at The Exeter Inn!! We'll be back to celebrate our anniversary!!

Sarah · Married on 08/28/2017

Laura was mainly the reason we had a fantastic and smooth wedding. She was there to accommodate our needs and even pitched in at the dj stand! Thank you!

Eric · Married on 08/19/2017

I will start by saying Laura is amazing!!! The staff was great!! I could go on forever about Laura and The Exeter Inn, but I don't want my hand to get tired. My wife and all our guest were amazed at how wonderful it was and how great the food was. Thank you everyone at the Exeter Inn for all your hard work at making our day amazing!!!

Christine · Married on 08/18/2017

We loved having our wedding at The Exeter Inn. Working with Laura was wonderful, she was very accommodating and responsive to our questions. Laura did a great job of planning ahead so that when the time came close, everything had already been thought through and discussed. The food and beverage was delicious and we can't wait to celebrate our anniversary there every year! Truly a great value at a beautiful location!

Janet · Married on 07/04/2017

Laura was excellent to work with. Staff also very efficient. The Inn offers a very beautiful setting.

Paige · Married on 05/27/2017

Laura Sterritt, our wedding coordinator was a delight to work with. She made our wedding an unforgettable experience, and was super responsive from the moment we decided to host our wedding at the Exeter Inn to the moment I walked down the aisle. She is easy to work with and I am truly appreciative to her.

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2017

The Exeter Inn is an excellent venue if you are looking for an intimate, chic wedding with hints of New England charm. Laura Sterritt was very professional, knowledgable, flexible and attentive. My husband and I received numerous comments about the food, and some guests even said that the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding! Excellent service, and a friendly, welcoming staff!

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2016

This review summarizes our wedding reception at The Exeter Inn in October 2016. The New England charm of this venue had me hooked instantly. Laura, the events coordinator, is an experienced professional who has perfected the recipe to arranging a flawless function. She was always reachable by phone or email. Pretty much every request of ours was met with a response similar to "your wish is our command." While staying at The Exeter for our wedding weekend, the entire staff - front desk, bartenders, waitstaff and managers - treated us like beloved family. The Exeter Inn made our wedding magical.

April · Married on 08/06/2016

Laura and the staff that work with her were exceptional. Every mother wants her daughters wedding to be all that she hoped for. Laura partnered with Ashley and I to make that a reality. Her professional responsiveness and willingness to assist with anything we asked was remarkable. Our guests are still reeling from the experience.

Josette · Married on 07/23/2016

We are so glad to had our wedding at The Exeter Inn, we couldn't be happier! Everything was just perfect, the punctuality, the service, the food, the accommodations, but specially Laura Sterritt's professionalism and all the special details and attentions she had for us and our guests, she is the best! Highly recommended.

John · Married on 07/23/2016

If you want outstanding food, service and location- look no Further!

John · Married on 07/23/2016

The facility is beautiful and the staff were exceptional. Laura the Director of Sales and Catering was very responsive, flexible and extremely helpful in the planning, as well as the set-up. Would highly recommend!

• MrsDplusD

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

We were wowed and floored by The Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant when they hosted our wedding ceremony's rehearsal dinner on July 13, 2016 as well as 5 of us in the female side of the Wedding Squad the night before our wedding day for July 15-16, 2016! The Exeter Room was the perfect size and provided fantastic staff for our 14 guests and was a quick walk from our rehearsal at Regeneration Church. Laura was so attentive to my emails and our phone calls. Laura was a joy to work with! We loved every drink and each piece of food, plus the element of privacy in utilizing the Exeter Room for our dinner including parents, wedding party, Pastor Rev. and his wife. Thank you so much for providing us the Jacuzzi Suite Room for the morning of our wedding portraits of the Bride (me), Mothers, MOH, Bridesmaid and especially the Father of the Bride's first look at his first born child in her / my first wedding dress!
    Our wedding rehearsal dinner, plus the night before the wedding and the morning of the wedding gave us everlasting memories. Thank you so much!

Deborah · Married on 05/07/2016

A lovely venue with exceptional service and wonderful food. a knowledgeable and professional staff that made helpful suggestions and above and beyond helpfulness. highest recommendation

Jacquelyn · Married on 01/02/2016

Laura Sterritt was amazing! She made the vision that we had of our wedding reception come to life. We highly recommend The Exeter Inn and Laura for your wedding! 5 out of 5 stars for her, her staff and the venue! Oh and the food was amazing!

Amanda · Married on 10/24/2015

Laura at The Exeter Inn was an absolute dream to work with! We chose this location for our October wedding because the setting was ideal and the food was outstanding. We didn't want a "cookie cutter" approach to our menu and the chef and staff of The Exeter Inn delivered a foodie's dream; everything from the hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour to the plated meals was delicious, our guests were raving. We paid a very reasonable amount for the location and Laura was very flexible in letting us use any and all spaces we needed. I emailed with her constantly to iron out details and she was always very responsive and never made me feel like I was being a pain. Total bonus, Laura's time and dedication to our event was at no extra cost, she even frosted our cupcakes we had shipped from out of state. Everyone at The Exeter Inn was helpful, kind and went out of their way to make you feel like #1. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an intimate, classic New England wedding venue that your guests won't soon forget.

Tara · Married on 10/17/2015

We had an amazing time at our wedding. Throughout the year Laura Sterritt helped me with whatever I needed. She was so great. I can't say enough good things about her. Also, our stay was fabulous. Everyone was so helpful and on the night of our wedding they had given us an extra meal for if we were hungry which I thought was a nice touch since you are so busy throughout the night you don't have much time to sit and eat your meal. The place was absolutely beautiful as well and had everything we were looking for and then some. We received so many nice compliments about the inn from our guests and about how the wedding went. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!

Rijvi · Married on 09/27/2015

Laura and the Exeter Inn has made my wedding very easy. They took care of most of the work after answering a few questions. The packages are simple and easy to understand. The food is fantastic, complements to the head chef, Benjamin, the smoked tomato soup.. I'll never forget it. The event was very nice and it was beautiful. The yard with the gazebo, where we got married, was in immaculate condition and looked beautiful for the fall wedding we had. If you're getting married and want to do it in a beautiful and historic location, this is the place for you. It was very easy to plan the wedding with Laura and the cleanup was great.

A great experience from start to finish! The food was the fantastic, the employees were thoughtful and helpful, and the overall experience made it the perfect wedding!