The Exeter Inn Reviews

97 | Exeter, NH

97 Reviews for The Exeter Inn

Haley Lovejoy · Married on 06/13/2020

The Perfect Venue

I don’t think I’ll be able to do an accurate job of describing just how wonderful the Inn and Laura Sterritt are. Laura helped us work through all the details of pricing and menus and room blocks with ease. She made everything feel so easy! And when the Coronavirus pandemic hit and changed all our plans, the Inn was incredibly flexible and accommodating. We were able to bump our reception to next year and still use the outdoor space for our ceremony this year when some of the state gathering restrictions lightened. Laura was even kind enough to help us out with our makeshift ceremony music system since we moved our DJ contract to next year. Our wedding didn’t go as planned due to the pandemic, but Laura and the Inn still made everything so special for us. They were a true pleasure to work with, and we’re so looking forward to our reception with them next year!

Sent on 06/21/2020
  • Michael

Michael Boswell · Married on 09/14/2019

Lovely Venue, Dedicated Staff, Delicious Food & Cocktail, Flexible Kitchen

Almost 2 weeks removed from the wedding and starting to adjust to life again, there is a lot to reflect upon with the Exeter Inn and it's overflowing with positivity! We were married in mid-September with a ceremony across the street at St. Michael's Parish with the cocktail hour and reception immediately following the Exeter Inn. From Day 1, Laura (Director of Sales and Catering) was informative, attentive to our requests and expectations, and communicated super well. She kept us informed about the room block, guest registration, timing of the tasting, etc. The day of, she made sure we were fed, had a drink if we needed one, and checked on us. It was wonderful to have her and the team at the Exeter Inn executing our vision and making our day special. The chef was wonderful during the tasting and expressed his passion for fresh, local, seasonal foods and he and his team showcased what mid-September had to offer! The flavors were as expected - delicious - and the accommodations for guest with food allergies, sensitivities, and picky eating habits were beyond expectation. Guests with those needs were incredibly happy with their meals! The packages through the Inn also integrate the cake. And that experience was super easy to execute because the bakery was superb and we did not have to shop around after trying the cake samples and knowing the day of would be set!

For the other details, the accommodations, Inn staff, and restaurant were also wonderful. The package we chose included a suite for the night of the wedding and the special touches across the Inn are appreciated (cookies in your room, coffee in the lobby, helpful staff at the desk, etc.).

The wedding venue was able to accommodate an ever-growing list of guests with different sized tables being rented. With 106 guests, the space was able to seat everyone for dinner and host those interested in dancing on the separate/adjacent dance floor. The uniqueness of the space allowed those not interested in dancing to have a quieter space to connect. The bar's location off the dance floor was very convenient as well.

Overall: if you want a wedding venue that has it all in one place, attentive staff, delicious and flexible food, and space for approximately 100 people, I cannot say enough positive about the Exeter Inn.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie Metropolis · Married on 08/09/2019

Great Stay and Experience

When I booked Zorvino Vineyards as my wedding venue I was in need of a hotel nearby and found the Exeter Inn. We had a lot of out of town guests and we were able to book the entire hotel. During planning we decided to have our rehearsal dinner at the Exeter Inn as well. During the whole planning process Laura was an absolute joy to work with. She was always quick to respond, answer all my crazy questions and over a wonderful person. The hotel was so accommodating even with the crowd that we brought in. The rehearsal dinner was wonderful (we opted for the buffet) which was very good. Everyone also raved about the breakfast at the Epoch Bar. We had one issue with one of our rooms which was handled quickly so no real issue. All of our guests fell in love with the quaint hotel and the stunning courtyard. I would absolutely recommend staying at and working with the Exeter Inn.

Sent on 09/06/2019

Ariana Lovering · Married on 06/08/2019

Offsite Catering from The Exeter Inn

The Exeter Inn provided offsite catering for our wedding this June. They presented a beautiful display of local cheeses and charcuterie as well as a bruschetta station and salads. Everything was beautifully set and our guests loved having local options for stationary apps. I would highly recommend using The Exeter Inn to anyone looking for wedding or event catering!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Miller · Married on 06/07/2019

Wedding Weekend Excellence!

Although we did not actually have our wedding at the Exeter Inn, we and our guests stayed at the Inn for our wedding weekend. We also hosted a day after breakfast at the Inn. Laura was amazing to work with! She was so helpful and answered my many many questions on the room block etc. quickly and thoroughly. Our stay was perfect and she recommended the right suite for me and the bridesmaids to get ready in the day of the wedding. All of the staff was exceptionally helpful with everything we needed, including keeping the bar open late when we got back after the wedding ended. I would certainly recommended them to anyone.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Susan · Married on 01/06/2018

it was WONDERFUL. The staff was amazing, we were late, rehearsal at Birth Wood Vineyards ran longer but the Exeter staff did NOT miss a beat. They were professional, so pleasant, courteous and efficient. It was fantastic. The food was lovely, the room was beautiful everything was perfect. Due to the snow and the frigid cold we had a few elders who were not able to attend and I asked if we could pack their meals up for them to bring back to the hotel. The staff was MORE than accommodating with regards to this "tacky" request and made me feel ligament in the asking:). All in all from start to finish it was an ABSOLUTE pleasure to work with Laura Sterritt in organizing this most special event. If we lived closer, this would be our traditional rehearsal dinner venue. I would HIGHLY recommend The Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant to anyone I know seeking a venue in the Exeter/New Hampshire area. This was just such a beautiful weekend.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Mary Beth · Married on 12/30/2017

We could not have asked for a more beautiful location for our Winter wedding! My wife and I got married in December and although the weather was cold, the Inn and all of the staff were warm and inviting. Laura made us feel right at home from the time we came for a tour to the last minute details of the wedding day. We had many questions and Laura was there to make sure that we had nothing to worry about. The Inn was SO beautifully decorated for the Holiday season; it was magical! To top it all off, the food was absolutely delicious! We would recommend the Exeter Inn to anyone for their dream wedding!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Kathy · Married on 11/25/2017

Our experience with The Exeter Inn was extraordinary. Laura Sterritt was phenomenal from beginning to end. What did we love about having our wedding with 75 guests at The Exeter Inn? The food, the setting, the staff, the architecture, the gorgeous room, the attentiveness of everyone there, the restaurant, the bar, the private dining room for our rehearsal room and again, Laura Sterritt. We had guests fly in from all over the country and it was wonderful for them to be able to stay at the Inn for the 3 days of fun and to be able to walk around the town of Exeter. Everyone remarked about how beautiful the Inn is and how fabulous the food was. I will be forever grateful that we had our lovely and intimate wedding at the lovely and intimate Exeter Inn. My only complaint? It was over way too soon.

Sent on 12/05/2017

LInda · Married on 11/11/2017

Had to plan a wedding in 3 1/2 weeks and Laura Sterritt was awesome! She worked with me to coordinate a perfect reception dinner. She was extremely responsive and on top of every detail. The staff at the reception and the food were awesome! Would definitely go back to this venue for any function I would plan. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Lori · Married on 10/14/2017

I want to first say a huge "Thank you" to the Exeter Inn. They were fantastic. My husband Nick and I, couldn’t have asked for a better day on October 14, 2017. We first chose the inn for being unique, romantic, and an ideal location for us as well as most if not all of our guests. The moment we walked in, we knew this was our place. The inn had the classic “New England” charm that we were looking for. We met with Laura and from that first meeting, we knew she was one of a kind. She is attentive, knowledgeable, easy to talk to, the list goes on and on. She was on the ball from the moment we walked in that day to the very end of the evening of our wedding. She is absolutely incredible, she didn’t miss a beat. Her attention to detail, dedication, and assertiveness is unmatched. I also want to give a big shout out to the chef; the food is out of this world. We ate in the Epoch restaurant a couple of times before our tasting. They are so creative with their menu and tune it towards each season. Our guests raved about the hors-d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour and were even more impressed with the dinner served at our reception. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. One of the most important pieces of this whole event was the flexibility. Any detail change no matter how big or small was accommodated; it made for stress-free planning and a perfectly seamless day. Laura took great care of us and our guests. We so appreciate everything that she, as well as the rest of the staff, did to ensure our day was everything that we wanted and more. We highly recommend the Exeter Inn, to any couple looking for the perfect destination for their wedding or just a romantic getaway. If we had to do it all over again, Nick and I would choose the Exeter Inn, hands down, no question. Thank you again for making our day so very special.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Great venue to work with. Food was amazing and just overall experience was easy and great experience. Laura especially went above and beyond. She kept me sane through this whole process with her responsiveness and reassurance.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Sharon · Married on 08/28/2017

From the very beginning, Laura was THE REASON we chose The Exeter Inn for our event. Her personality and willingness to help us make our experience the best experience ever was top notch. The staff, the location, the service provided, the food...everything was just excellent. I truly felt like any issue I brought up was quickly addressed by Laura....but most of those issues weren't really wedding related...just outside forces within the Exeter that needed to be addressed...like the lack of customer service when my (then) fiancé and I tested the Epoch Restaurant to see how our guests may like it or the time right before our ceremony, I was doing one final run with my sound check and was asked by the front desk clerk to keep it down because guests were eating lunch (and the guests who were eating was my mom and my best woman). It just seemed like Laura didn't want any negative vibes throughout our wedding day and the days leading up to it. She even stayed longer than she usually does because I insisted. Now that's dedication. The day went by so fast, but Laura kept it together for us..even playing DJ for a bit!! Our wedding day happened as beautifully as it did because of her. So thank you Laura for giving us a memorable wedding at The Exeter Inn!! We'll be back to celebrate our anniversary!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/28/2017

Laura was mainly the reason we had a fantastic and smooth wedding. She was there to accommodate our needs and even pitched in at the dj stand! Thank you!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Eric · Married on 08/19/2017

I will start by saying Laura is amazing!!! The staff was great!! I could go on forever about Laura and The Exeter Inn, but I don't want my hand to get tired. My wife and all our guest were amazed at how wonderful it was and how great the food was. Thank you everyone at the Exeter Inn for all your hard work at making our day amazing!!!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Christine · Married on 08/18/2017

We loved having our wedding at The Exeter Inn. Working with Laura was wonderful, she was very accommodating and responsive to our questions. Laura did a great job of planning ahead so that when the time came close, everything had already been thought through and discussed. The food and beverage was delicious and we can't wait to celebrate our anniversary there every year! Truly a great value at a beautiful location!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Janet · Married on 07/04/2017

Laura was excellent to work with. Staff also very efficient. The Inn offers a very beautiful setting.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Paige · Married on 05/27/2017

Laura Sterritt, our wedding coordinator was a delight to work with. She made our wedding an unforgettable experience, and was super responsive from the moment we decided to host our wedding at the Exeter Inn to the moment I walked down the aisle. She is easy to work with and I am truly appreciative to her.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Lauren · Married on 04/22/2017

The Exeter Inn is an excellent venue if you are looking for an intimate, chic wedding with hints of New England charm. Laura Sterritt was very professional, knowledgable, flexible and attentive. My husband and I received numerous comments about the food, and some guests even said that the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding! Excellent service, and a friendly, welcoming staff!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2016

This review summarizes our wedding reception at The Exeter Inn in October 2016. The New England charm of this venue had me hooked instantly. Laura, the events coordinator, is an experienced professional who has perfected the recipe to arranging a flawless function. She was always reachable by phone or email. Pretty much every request of ours was met with a response similar to "your wish is our command." While staying at The Exeter for our wedding weekend, the entire staff - front desk, bartenders, waitstaff and managers - treated us like beloved family. The Exeter Inn made our wedding magical.

Sent on 10/10/2016

April · Married on 08/06/2016

Laura and the staff that work with her were exceptional. Every mother wants her daughters wedding to be all that she hoped for. Laura partnered with Ashley and I to make that a reality. Her professional responsiveness and willingness to assist with anything we asked was remarkable. Our guests are still reeling from the experience.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Josette · Married on 07/23/2016

We are so glad to had our wedding at The Exeter Inn, we couldn't be happier! Everything was just perfect, the punctuality, the service, the food, the accommodations, but specially Laura Sterritt's professionalism and all the special details and attentions she had for us and our guests, she is the best! Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/25/2016

John · Married on 07/23/2016

If you want outstanding food, service and location- look no Further!

Sent on 07/26/2016

John · Married on 07/23/2016

The facility is beautiful and the staff were exceptional. Laura the Director of Sales and Catering was very responsive, flexible and extremely helpful in the planning, as well as the set-up. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2016
  • MrsDplusD

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

We were wowed and floored by The Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant when they hosted our wedding ceremony's rehearsal dinner on July 13, 2016 as well as 5 of us in the female side of the Wedding Squad the night before our wedding day for July 15-16, 2016! The Exeter Room was the perfect size and provided fantastic staff for our 14 guests and was a quick walk from our rehearsal at Regeneration Church. Laura was so attentive to my emails and our phone calls. Laura was a joy to work with! We loved every drink and each piece of food, plus the element of privacy in utilizing the Exeter Room for our dinner including parents, wedding party, Pastor Rev. and his wife. Thank you so much for providing us the Jacuzzi Suite Room for the morning of our wedding portraits of the Bride (me), Mothers, MOH, Bridesmaid and especially the Father of the Bride's first look at his first born child in her / my first wedding dress!
    Our wedding rehearsal dinner, plus the night before the wedding and the morning of the wedding gave us everlasting memories. Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Deborah · Married on 05/07/2016

A lovely venue with exceptional service and wonderful food. a knowledgeable and professional staff that made helpful suggestions and above and beyond helpfulness. highest recommendation

Sent on 05/13/2016