The Excelsior of Saddle Brook Reviews

Rating 4.7 out of 5, 32 Reviews
View more information

4.7

Melisa Married on 05/05/2018
    We recently got married - This review is an honest so all the viewers can judge the review. My wedding was on May 5th. I had around 300 guests and it was mixed Spanish and Italian wedding, We had a drinking and picky crowed. I knew it would be hard for the Maitre'd and staff.
    On top of that I read some reviews which was recently wrote - I had a discussion with the owner and he assured us that everything would be fine and nothing has to be worried. True Gentlemen and we took his word like anything.

on the day of our wedding guess what starting from the Bridal suite food and drinks to the Ceremony - Cocktail and reception everything was amazing. The Maitre'd did an amazing job and owner supervised our wedding - It was a fun wedding - The food was great and staff did an amazing job and everything was on time.

The Decor was amazing the two story entry foyer was great!!!! for the pictures.

Compare to the other venues while they charge $250 a plate - This venue is lot cheaper and get almost everything with a reasonable price. Victor the Office person is a true gentlemen. Men of the word!!!

Salute to you Sir!! for a great memory. I would highly recommend this venue for weddings!!!
  • Y
    Yommy Married on 11/12/2016
    Myself and my wife had a splendid and awesome time during our wedding ceremony at Excelsior of saddle Brook. The food was fantastically looking good and taste good. I cant forget the waiters are every where at your finger tip for your needs. Anf the place is neat and beautifully designed. I can refer anyone for the awesome place for any event. Nice one...
    Daisha Married on 07/23/2016
    My experience at the Excelsior was phenomenal. I worked with Victor and Sharon all the way up until the day of my wedding. Victor kept his word and made sure everything I asked for on my special day was done. The food was fantastic! I'm still getting phone calls about how great my wedding was. I could not thank them enough. I highly recommend the Excelsior to anymore looking to do a event, you will not be disappointed.

Wade family
    Lisa Married on 12/05/2015
    It was one of the best decision we ever made to got married at the Excelsior. The newly wedding facility - "EXCELSIOR" is a great looking modern facility - Two story entry foyer wowed us - The set up was perfect for our day - It was easy and smooth transition from Ceremony room Medallion to Cocktail - Atrium room and to Reception ball room - The Florentine. Everything was amazing - The food was delicious and service was according to our expectation - The waitstaff did an amazing job - The Event Maitre'd Eddy was so amazing and full of energy - He was there around us all night and was ready to accommodate our every need.

We would recommend the Excelsior to anyone who is planning to get married.

Thanks...
    Lisa.
    Tony Married on 09/06/2015
    My wife and I had our wedding here 09/06/15. Victor was fantastic at taking care of every detail. My wife is vegan so there is a lot she cannot eat. Victor, along with his team, were able to customize the menu for us. We had forgotten one of our gift behind, but again Victor came to our rescue. Once the ring was located he kept it locked in his office until I was able to retrieve it. I will definitely keep them in mind for future events.
    Stephani Married on 09/04/2015
    It was one of the best decision we ever made to get married at the Excelsior. It was so wonderful - I will not forget this day ever in my life. Excelsior staff helped us for everything. They made both of our life stress free since we met the office manager Victor. He helped us for everything from start to finish for wedding preparation. He made us feel like King and Queen, The Bridal Suite Drinks and food was amazing. The topself liquor and superb service has amazed us all. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. The Prices for wedding packages are very reasonable.

Stephanie & Greg.
    Greg Married on 05/02/2015
    Amazing service and delicious food, everything was perfect. The staff and Maitre'd did an amazing job they were on top of each and every details. You know i don't say so many good things about anything but this place is absolutely beautiful - The picture from ATRIUM and FLORENTINE rooms came out amazing. Great place to celebrate wedding or host reception and ceremony.
  • User2635634 2+ years ago
    Simply the best place to get married. Loved it.
    Patricia Married on 12/13/2014
    It was a great pleasure - We had around 130 wedding guests. Starting from Cocktail hour to the end of reception - Everything was according to our expectations.

They are very accommodating - Staff and the Maitred were great!

We are very happy with everything.

Special Thanks to Victor who helped us for everything. We will always remember you!
    Thanks again.
    Niel Married on 11/28/2014
    I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is planning a wedding or any other occasion.The food was delicious and my guests had a great time.Thank you so much for making our night,one to remember!
  • User2023338 2+ years ago
    This banquet hall is the best! The people are fabulous to work with.Nothing that you ask is a problem.The food is over de top.On the wedding day their staff does everything for you.They make sure that the bridal couple actually eats and drinks and completely covers the bride's gown to be sure that so stains occur.Three monts later and our friends are still talking about a fabulous wedding

Christina Married on 11/15/2014
    All staff there patience, accommodations, attentiveness, THE FOOD was out of this world, 5 star, highly highly recommend. Beautiful, clean, attention to detail, so polite and courteous .

Must go to check it out - Best Venue for the best price.

Christina & Louise.
    John Married on 11/07/2014
    I am a very particular person when it comes to planning an event and specially this was my own wedding, So I was cautious - I read mixed reviews about the Excelsior so I visited Excelsior and ask all question about what I was looking for - and I openly about their mixed reviews also and they honestly answer all my question - I believed them and came to understand that all reviewers are not an honest - They just liked to take a revenge for their personal interest - But while I was there they made us believed that Excelsior will be the place for us, Venue was nice and elegant - They offered us everything what we were looking for and they were willing to work with us. So we booked with manager Victor - Very gentlemen - Man of his word. From that point We have always dealt with him until the day of the wedding. And He had helped us planned our wedding and every single thing we asked him and he was taking good notes and he had done a wonderful job on the day of the event. Everything was perfect and all the guests were very happy. Thanks for making our dream come true!!!!
  • User1961097 2+ years ago
    I had a wedding there on 10/25/14 , and the staff was excellent, the food was exquisite. The place was remarkable, it had extra set of strobe and party lights provided to my party, even though the DJ had their own . This was a dream wedding for me.
    Melani Married on 10/18/2014
    Went here for a wedding recently, and the staff here did a really great job. The food was really excellent, and our waiter was very attentive, polite, and helpful. The dance floor was good, with interesting lighting effects. Talking with some of the other wedding guests, it seems like they had a good time, all in all a great success....
    Catalina Married on 10/18/2014
    Excelsior is quite simply the BEST all around There you will receive the finest service! The staff works above& beyond their duties,ensuring everyone feels special! Everything there is done with exceptional perfection
  • User1961227 2+ years ago
    Hi, my name is aamith, I am from an Indian ethnicity. As you all know every typical indian weddings people go to always good but they always have a buffet system for dinner, so I went to excelsior and explained to them that I have a professional job I wanted make my dinner look little bit more professional then regular buffet, but at the same time I don't want sit down. So, it was one of the maitre'd named shawn was nearby and he suggested that I do family style dinner that way I'll have the professional look of a sit down and without putting and hassling with a seating chart . And I took the idea. I was really happy so was my wife , my American friends told me it was one of the best unique wedding they ever went to . My wedding was talk of my community . It was excellent from the moment I entered to the moment I finished. The food was finger tasting, the staff was really accommodating, and shawn was the best thing for our wedding . Me and my family would like thank everyone in excelsior from bottom of our heart .

Thank you Shawn and the staff at excelsior.
    Aamith & Sanjana 9/26/14
  • User1963736 2+ years ago
    Everything was what I expected..
    Christina Married on 04/19/2014
    Was married at the Excelsior on April 19, 2014, Had 170 Guests and We used Atrium and Florentine Room, Everything was great!!! We used Atrium room for Cocktail hour and the room was so beautiful - They had set up lots of cocktail food and the fountain was just so perfect with different displays and Ice sculpture. The Sit down dinner and service were up to the expectation. Everybody was accommodating everybody. The food was delicious. I would highly recommend Excelsior to everyone for their next event.
    Chris Married on 12/14/2013
    Excelsior was rescue for my wedding. What an amazing job was done by Excelsior professional staff. We have celebrated our wedding last week and everything was just so perfect. The room was spacious and the food was delicious. The Manager Victor was with us all the time and made us all very comfortable and he was very very helpful. All the guest have enjoyed wedding which we were excited for. Compare to other places the prices were so reasonable.
    John Married on 12/01/2013
    Everything was great on the night of our event. Great place to celebrate any event. Excelsior had five rooms so able to accommodate any number of people. It was very good experience for our guests. Office staff - service staff and maitred have made our night enjoyable. I would highly recommend this place to future Bride and Groom. They are very polite and accommodating.
    Jay Married on 08/26/2012
    I was very happy with everything.
    Tiffany Married on 04/18/2015
    Excellent service. Victor the owner is GREAT. He worked with us from the beginning of the process up until the reception. He is very attentive and accommodating. The place is beautiful. I had my ceremony and reception there and was provided with a bridal and grooms suite separately of course. Myself and the bridesmaids were able to get our makeup and hair done on the premises which was great. Edie and Shawn were great. Having the 2 of them was like have a wedding coordinator. Everything about my day was stress free and beautiful. I'm already considering having my new husband's 50th birthday party there. If you are looking for a location for any upcoming event wedding, shower, birthday party, etc. you should definitely go and see Victor he is amazing.
    Enitza Married on 10/11/2014
    My wedding was amazing! The staff at the excelsior were great! I had no worries, they were on top of everything. My cake was beautiful! The reception room was exactly what I asked for and the food was perfect. I have no complains.
    Nicole Married on 06/20/2015
    I had a wonderful wedding. The owner worked with my husband and I until the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smooth. The food was very tasteful.
    If I ever have another formal event it will be at the excelsior.