The Estate at Sunset Farm Reviews

24 Reviews for The Estate at Sunset Farm

• Kelli

Kelli S. · Married on 05/14/2021

GREAT Experience

My husband and I had our wedding May 14th, 2021. The Estate was great to work with in giving recommendations for vendors and allowing us to choose our vendors as well. Jen met with us at rehearsal and wedding day asking us if we needed anything both times!! The grounds were beautiful and gave you so many different options for photos. They had ample amount of tables and chairs outside for cocktail hour which our guest loved having an inside and outside option throughout the night since our day was the perfect weather.

Honestly all of our vendors worked well together and we were very well taken care of for our day! If anything went wrong, we didn't know about it! We loved having our wedding at Sunset Farm and recommend this venue as our day was THE BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 06/23/2021
  • Lauren

Lauren W. · Married on 04/24/2021

4.24.21 wedding

From the very start, working with the estate was flawless! They were prompt to respond to any questions we had and no question was a dumb question to them! Our wedding was in April so we wanted a back up plan in case of bad weather so the estate was the perfect place. It could not have worked out better. We had our ceremony inside and our cocktail hour upstairs while the staff arranged for dinner. Jen worked with us every step of the way and she was so great! I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding ♡

Sent on 06/07/2021

Brenda J. · Married on 09/20/2020

Parent of bride

Jen & Steve were wonderful to work with and the venue is beautiful! It was the perfect day! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/11/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney H. · Married on 09/19/2020

We will be back here for sure!!!!

Jen, Steve, and The Estate at Sunset Farms made our dream wedding come true! Everything was perfect from the communication, the decorations, the yard, the venue itself, and everything in between. It is the perfect place for any wedding style. We chose to do an elegant themed wedding and this beautiful mansion created the perfect environment for everyone to come together to celebrate our special day. They also have the perfect place for a rustic, antique, farm, and any other theme you are wanting for your wedding day.

My husband and I seriously couldn't have picked out a more perfect place to begin our new journey together. Jen and Steve are really easy to talk to and to bond with and that made our COVID wedding that much easier to plan. They were right there with us every step of the way and were helpful throughout this stressful time. No matter what issue or problem we came up with (and by issues I mean wedding planning in general) while planning a COVID wedding they were very understanding and communicated with us the entire time. It isn't everyday you meet people this invested in their customers and they are. YOU come first and they will do anything they possibly can to help your day come together.

To say the least, I would give them more than 5 stars if I could. They were the perfect people with the perfect venue and the memories made here will last a life time. We will definitely be back to Sunset for other events that will happen in our future.

Thank you Jen, Steve, Sunset, and all the staff there that day that made it so truly amazing!

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Lauryan

Lauryan H. · Married on 09/13/2020

Outstanding!

I cannot say enough about how much I loved our wedding venue! It was absolutely beautiful and the staff was great not only on our wedding day, but also the months leading up to the wedding day. We always felt cared for throughout the whole process. They were very attentive to details as made sure that everything went smoothly. I can’t recommend them enough! ❤️

Sent on 09/30/2020

Tracy S. · Married on 09/11/2020

The Estate is beautiful. Jen and Jenna do a good job with helping you plan what your needs are.

Things we loved. The ceremony by the pine trees, bridal suite large with professional chairs for hair and makeup, the emails and questions were answered in a timely manner from Jen and Jena. Did not care for the Lilly pond and some of the landscape out back. The bar staff and clean up did a good job!

Sent on 10/04/2020

Kelsey K. · Married on 08/02/2020

Dream come true

I highly recommend the Estate at Sunset Farm for a wedding venue. My husband and I said “I Do” at the Estate on 8/2/20 and have nothing but appreciation for everyone we came into contact there. We visited several venues in the Ohio/Northern Kentucky area before we made our final decisions. They were all beautiful, but The Estate offered so much help, aside from its beautiful location. So charming! Most venues just hand you the keys and tell you to have everything cleaned up by a certain time. At the very basic package, The Estate has a Staff of people that are on sight for the day. They take care of the basic trash cleanup at the end of the night (any trash that does not include décor you bring in yourself). They also work with several contacts from DJ’s to Planners if you are still looking. Don’t even get me started on the Wedding Planner, Jena Steinke, they work closely with. She is AMAZING! If you chose the Estate, you really should consider working with Jena. At first I was a bit skeptical about hiring a planner to be honest. After all, like yourself, I had a budget! I am so glad we decided to work with her. You will not be disappointed. Jena has her own wedding planner business that also works with other venues (Blush and Bloom), and she knows the Estate like the back of her hand. She has great relationships with their owners, and Staff. I definitely recommend asking Steve and Jen about her! She works very closely with the venue and your vendors to make your day magical! Steve and Jen are really great to work with, as well. I honestly felt like I was working with Family while I was there. They are responsive and really helped us with all the questions we had throughout the planning process. They were especially helpful considering we were planning during COVID-19. It was hard enough coping with a pandemic during this time, but they made us feel heard among many other clients, and also put up with several emails from me with all of my COVID concerns. I’m impressed with how organized and responsive they were during this time, considering they had several clients with the same COVID concerns and/or rescheduled dates. They were super flexible for some of the requests or ideas we had for the big day. I also have to talk more about the landscape and location. Absolutely beautiful. The Estate home already feels like a decoration itself, so we did not need to add too much as far as decor for the ceremony and reception. There are also so many opportunities for beautiful photos outside. They have beautiful gardens and landscaping that made for some of my favorite photos! Bottom line is, you will not have any regrets if you go with this venue. So much beauty and character, and a lovely staff! Thank you, Jen, Steve, and Jenna for being a part of such a wonderful memory that I will never forget! I am so happy!!!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Jeff A. · Married on 07/25/2020

Great Place for Big Events

Love this place. We had an excellent experience for my daughter’s and new son’s wedding on 7/25/2020. They kept us updated with the ever changing covid-19 rules from the government. The even made the changes the we requested 2 days before the wedding. Everyone who attended the wedding loved this venue. Thank you Jen and Steve for the use of Estate at Sunset Farm.

Sent on 08/08/2020
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 07/25/2020

My Dream Come True During Covid-19

Steve and Jen treated my husband and I like family from the first moment we met. They were clear, concise, organized and moved mountains for our dream wedding. During the pandemic, every bride's nightmare was bound to happen. But Jen and Steve reassured us that they will try to do everything in their power to help make this day a day to remember. The venue is beyond great. Jen and Steve are easy to work with. The bridal suite is AMAZING and the willow tree lighting jaw dropping gorgeous. We had a plan for every possible situation that may arise. Thank you Estate at Sunset Farms!

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Megan

Megan B. · Married on 07/18/2020

August 1, 2020

We were one of the many couples who had a wedding planned during the covid-19 pandemic, and while there were bumps in the road, our wedding day ended up being beautiful and perfect. We did our ceremony by the bridge on the south lawn and had our reception inside the Estate. Everything about the venue is gorgeous from the bridal suite, to the bar, to the grounds outside. There is no shortage of places to hold your ceremony and capture gorgeous pictures. They even offer fun additions like baby goat feeding. Our guests had a great time and so did the bride and groom.

Sent on 08/02/2020

Jessica · Married on 02/03/2020

Fantastic customer service

I took my daughter here for the princess ball.
    The estate is beautiful and the staff was fantastic. This place would be a great venue for a wedding or special event.

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Renee

Renee R. · Married on 09/14/2019

If I could give them 10 stars, I would!

If I could give Sunset Farms 10 stars, I would. My wedding was in September and the owners, Steve and Jen, went above and beyond to make the event a perfect day. We had the wedding ceremony outside on the veranda, under the wisteria trellis, and the reception inside, so it made it very convenient for us and our guests. If your pictures are important to you, there were so many places on the grounds to take beautiful wedding pictures. Our sunset wedding photo was gorgeous with all of the greenery in the background. Owners, Steven and Jen were very helpful before and during the wedding. We had special requests and they went out of their way to accommodate our wishes and make the day special. Our guests had a great time; they loved petting and taking selfies with the Shire horses during our cocktail hour outside. Many of our guests told us this was one of the nicest - and most fun - weddings they had ever attended. Quite the compliment! Most of our family and guests were from the Cincinnati and Dayton areas, so the location was convenient for everyone. And for our out of state guests, the nearby hotels were very nice-and a short Uber ride for those who didn't want to drive home after the reception. Needless to say, we were very happy we found The Estate at Sunset Farms for our wedding. It was perfect! Thank you Jen and Steven!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Sheldon · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic and working with them was simplistic

This venue was hands down one of the best venues in the greater Dayton area when it comes to a ideal wedding venue. From the large Willow tree to the great space in the front and back, it serves as a great place for families and friends to mix and mingle all while the inside has a nice spacious yet enclosed area for great acoustics; and large windows for natural lights for photographers! Its a great venue!

Sent on 09/11/2019

The Estate at Sunset Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and look forward to seeing you again at The Estate!

Colin · Married on 05/25/2019

I got my dream wedding

My experience with the Estate was nothing short of perfection. I had the most wonderful day and the venue was beautiful. The owners worked closely with my team of vendors and remained organized and professional throughout the experience. It's a fairly new venue so I had my concerns going into the wedding, but they handled everything as if they'd been doing this for decades.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Heather · Married on 09/21/2018

I am an out of state bride and working with team at the Estate at Sunset Farm has been amazing! I booked with them back in March 2017 for my wedding in the fall of 2018. The venue is OPEN and has had a public event which my family and friends have attended. I was able to see the venue today 5.24.18 and it is beautiful! The grounds are beautiful and the inside is beautiful! The womens bathroom has the most beautiful stain glass window. I can't wait to have my wedding there. I have so many options for my wedding that I can't wait to finalize the details with my fiance. The Estate at Sunset Farm is great at working with you to make sure you have a stress free day!

Sent on 05/24/2018

James · Married on 05/25/2018

From the moment we toured this venue we knew it was the place we wanted to get married. The staff was great, and we really liked that we could choose our caterer, DJ, etc. They made it very easy on us that day and our event ran very smoothly. We highly recommend The Estate at Sunset Farm.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Kathryn · Married on 04/28/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue! It's hands down the best! The Estate at Sunset Farms is the perfect venue for ANY wedding! From Elegant to rustic and anything in between, this farmhouse is perfect! I fell in love with this venue from day 1! As the first wedding/reception inside the house, I can tell you that it was totally worth the wait! The venue is so versatile- AND it is the most picturesque venue in Dayton! The staff is AMAZING!!! and they truly made our day special from the start. They did all they could to make it a dream come true! Absolutely wonderful people to work with!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/12/2017

The Estate at Sunset Farm is absolutely beautiful! So many ceremony and reception locations to choose from all over the property! The staff there has been very helpful, especially when trying to decide how to best utilize The Estate on the day of our wedding. We can't wait to have the entire property both inside and out to ourselves for the entire day. We are looking forward to an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception but love that if the weather is bad we can change the ceremony to inside. We can't wait for our special day!

Sent on 03/15/2017
  • Jena

Jena · Married on 09/12/2015

Beautiful Venue and Great Staff!

The Estate at Sunset Farm is a beautiful venue to host your wedding at! Working as the planner for the bride and groom, the staff onsite was extremely accommodating throughout the planning process and easily available the day-of if anything popped up. There are so many gorgeous locations to host your ceremony, indoor or outdoor space, and lots of photo opportunities. Even during these tough times, the couple and their families had an amazing experience and the wedding was beautiful! I would definitely recommend having a wedding at this venue!

Sent on 08/04/2020
  • Isabella

Isabella R. · Married on 08/16/2020

Perfect Day with a Perfect Venue

We had a covid wedding and I can't say enough good things about The Estate at Sunset Farms! First, gorgeous setting! There were so maybe beautiful ceremony setting options. The staff were beyond helpful. Shout-out to Jen who helped us organize our thoughts, let us know when they needed things or anything was unclear, and was straight up awesome! The staff day of really helped everything come together and they were around all day to make sure things went smoothly! Would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Chelsea C. · Married on 11/24/2019

Amazing Experience

The Estate at Sunset Farm was the perfect location for our wedding! The entire team went above and beyond to make sure we had the most perfect day. The grounds and venue are beautiful and the gorgeous animals add a unique piece to any wedding. We had the wedding day we’ve always dreamed of at a very reasonable price that includes more than any other venue we visited. The team is so friendly and willing to provide any assistance needed. We HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Alex

Alex G. · Married on 07/10/2020

Beautiful Venue

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day experience. Through Covid-19 there were a lot of ups and downs, wondering how our wedding would go or if we could even have a wedding, but the staff at The Estate at Sunset Farm was with us the whole way. We had some minor hiccups with communication along the way but with Covid going on and people having to plan their entire wedding twice we completely understood that it was crazy for them too. Jen and Steve were always very responsive and would listen to our questions and concerns while reassuring us we could make things work. They allowed us to use their venue but make the wedding our own. They also got us in touch with our day of coordinator Jena, of Blush and Bloom, she was absolutely amazing and answer every question along the way (and we had A LOT). The venue was beautiful and they cleaned up anything that we saw in our walk-through that we questioned, from downed trees to some cosmetic issues. We toured the venue in January but they painted the picture for us, and looking at their Instagram let us see the potential, but it doesn't do it justice, it was better than we could have ever imagined. We can't thank the staff enough for everything they did for us to make our wedding day special and make us feel like we were their only clients.

Sent on 08/25/2020

2.0
      1.0
      2.0

Disappointed

If your big day goes perfectly as planned this place is for you. If not, don’t expect a pleasant interaction with Steve. We got into a disagreement, because our wedding was during COVID-19. With the regulations set in place at the time we would have only been able to have 10 people at our wedding and they still wanted to take us for all our money. We paid for a space that was large enough to hold 200+ guest, not 10 people. Don’t be fooled when the contract says they have seating for 305 people, that doesn’t necessarily mean people can sit in those 305 chairs. Our only other option was to reschedule for another date and even those were limited, not to mention we could have been in the same boat later down the road and had to go through this all over again on the rescheduled date. Fortunately the regulations changed and we were able to have our wedding on the original date. However, when we came in for the final meeting, Steve was rude to us the entire time. He was on his phone, not paying attention to our conversation and when I asked him to show me an area of the venue he just pointed and would not walk over with me so I knew the exact location, even after I asked several times. During our reception one of my vendors came up to me saying we better be packed up and gone by 11pm, because Steve told them he couldn’t wait to charge us extra if we stayed over. All he cared about was getting our money and has robbed other clients of theirs that chose to cancel due to COVID-19. I would have even understood if they couldn’t refund the security deposit, but wanting to keep the entire payment, during a pandemic?
    I also wasn’t too thrilled when the horses came out. The one was kicking his legs all over the place and even kicked the trainer. I do not believe this horse was ready to be around guest and a comment was made about how he was still in training. We had kids at our wedding that wanted to see and pet the horses, but that was not an option with that horse. At least 15 minutes of our hour with the horses was wasted trying to calm him down. I know animals aren’t perfect, but I was expecting a little better.
    I honestly would have considered writing a better review if we had just dealt with Jen. She was very sweet during our meetings and on the day of our wedding.

Sent on 07/20/2020

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2017

0.4
      0.5

STAY AWAY! Please see my reviews on other sites for the full story of this venue's unprofessionalism and incompetence.

Jan 17, 2017 – signed and paid for June 3, 2017 wedding. Were told venue was ahead of opening March 17, 2017. Owner Steven Gabbard neglected to provide copy of contract.

February 24, 2017 – emailed to inquire about venue progress. Received reply stating construction was about a month behind, but date of June 3 was firmly secure.

March 18, 2017 – visited venue to find it nowhere near completion. Had not received any indication this was the case before arriving. Steven continues to assure venue will be complete for June 3. Agrees to provide tents on lawn for back-up plan and refers us to The Honey Farm. We decline to move our event at this time, as we continue to get reassurance venue will be ready.

April 20, 2017 – finally get copy of contract, after multiple requests over several months.

May 1, 2017 – Steven admits to my father venue will likely not be complete; continues to reassure my fiancé and I it will be. Agrees to a full refund and states he will provide tables, chairs, linens, and restroom trailer at new venue.

May 6, 2017 – My fiancé and I wait over an hour for Steven to show up with refund check. Neglects to provide contract confirming his contributions to new venue. Steven states this is due to a “wifi” issue, but tells my father it is not complete.

May 18, 2017- we get a 4 line email instead of a contract stating what Steven will provide.

June 2, 2017 – tables, chairs, restroom trailer are at new venue. Linens absent. Steven emails termination and mutual release agreement and asks me to sign same day. Contacts my family multiple times asking us to sign. States he will drop by during our rehearsal to give linens and have us sign. We decline and had already rented linens through caterer due to poor communication from Steven.

June 3, 2017 – Have wedding at Honey Farm. Please see my review.

Sent on 06/06/2017