The Essex Room Reviews

The Essex Room 4
The Essex Room 5

Bonnie · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Simply amazing

Simply Amazing! From the planning stages to the wedding day itself, the Essex room staff went out of their way to exceed all expectations. Our guests are still raving about the food, service and the fun they had. Thank you Essex Room for making my son's wedding a day to remember!

Sent on 10/30/2019

The Essex Room's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Always a special review when it comes from one of the couple's parents.

Angela Consentino · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Great Experience

We loved our wedding at the Essex Room! Lauren, Donna, and Chef Ned went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great experience. We went back and forth with them several times to ensure that our nontraditional menu was exactly what we were looking for - and it definitely paid off! All of our guests told us how amazing the taco bar was and we were so happy about that. Not only did the Essex Room provide a delicious, one of a kind meal, but Lauren also did an amazing job setting up all of the decor that I brought to the venue ahead of time. The venue was also beautiful and looks great in all of our photos and videos. It was also very convenient to host our after party and the downstairs lobster trap pub, and have the Essex Room order us pizza. The Essex Room is one of the nicest of the affordable wedding venues in the area. I would highly recommend this venue to any of my family and friends!

The Essex Room 6
    The Essex Room 7

Angela,
    Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Wedding Wire couples. It is always nice to hear from our couples!
    Best,
    All of us at The Essex Room
  • Billy

Billy Leva · Married on 12/10/2019

Come here to wed, stay to be fed

We looked at a handful of venues in New England, but the Essex Room took the cake. Upon meeting the staff, my bride and I immediately felt the unlimited potential of hosting our wedding here. The coordinators were accommodating to our every request, the Chef wowed us with a food sampling (an upscale smattering of Woodman's seafood and then some), and the Lobster Trap Pub located downstairs guaranteed that our party would be one to remember, unless of course you had one too many signature cocktails made from local distillers! The beautiful grounds for photos, a plethora of parking, the slew of nearby bars, restaurants, and motels made the Essex Room the perfect wedding venue. But most importantly, they have the biggest wedding dancefloor on the North Shore. Go big or go home!

The Essex Room 8
    Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Lexi

Lexi Cronin · Married on 09/07/2019

Wedding of my dreams

Working with the Essex Room staff, especially Lauren Muise, made the stress before a wedding almost non-existent. They were always available to answer questions no matter the time of day and they made my wedding day exactly how I imagined it. My wedding day went without a hitch because of the Essex Room and Lauren.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Lexi,
    Thank you for your review. Lauren is an "All Star" and it is nice to know that couples see that too.
  • Joshua

Joshua and Katlyn Metzger · Married on 09/06/2019

This whole experience was Amazing

Lauren Muise made it a great experience! She made sure I was never stressed. Her and Donna were amazing!! All the wait staff the night of the wedding made sure everyone was happy. It was a great experience! Thanks so much!

The Essex Room 15
    The Essex Room 16
    The Essex Room 17
    The Essex Room 18
    The Essex Room 19
    Sent on 09/11/2019

Katie & Josh,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the kudos, it is always nice to hear. I will share it with the whole team.
    Thank you for having us host your Big Day!

Donna

Carly · Married on 08/10/2019

August Wedding!

We have recommended and will continue to recommend The Essex Room to everyone we know! Our wedding was absolutely perfect down to the last detail. The coordinators were friendly, thoughtful, professional, and had our day running so smoothly my husband and I were able to simply relax and enjoy ever bit of it! The food was incredible and is still being talked about by our friends and family. Nothing beats the location and gorgeous facility. When you have your wedding at The Essex Room, they truly make you feel like family.

The Essex Room 20
    Sent on 08/21/2019

The Essex Room's reply:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for taking the time to write a review and your compliments. I will pass this on to our team. They will love knowing that they made your day special.
    Best,
    Donna

Eleanor Johnson · Married on 08/03/2019

Five star wedding venue!

I had an amazing experience having my wedding reception at the essex room. The location is beautiful and the function room was so elegant. The staff were welcoming, upbeat, made us feel stress free and the food was incredible. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding day!

• Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 06/29/2019

June wedding

When I say you’re in good hands, you’re in good hands. They staff here are some of the greatest people I’ve met and I’m so happy I got to work with them. Lauren made it so easy to not have to worry about anything. I can’t thank her enough. The space is so beautiful. There are so many great spots for photos inside and outside. The food is unbelievable! My vision was able to come to life with all the help from the staff. I know for sure in the future I’ll be using the Essex Room again for another event. I HIGHLY recommend.

The Essex Room 21
    The Essex Room 22
    The Essex Room 23
    The Essex Room 24
    The Essex Room 25
    Sent on 09/21/2019

Jess · Married on 06/22/2019

Flexible, professional, detail oriented

From the first interaction with the staff at the Essex Room, we knew that we had to book this venue and we are SO glad we did. The customer service we received all throughout our planning was outstanding. During our venue search, we looked at two other venues that both pretty much treated us like "a dime a dozen" and basically told us what our day would be like instead of asking us what WE envisioned for our wedding day and then collaborating with us to make our vision come to life, which is exactly what the Essex Room did for us instead and why we chose them! We loved working with the Essex Room staff because they were organized and flexible and totally understanding of the modern wedding we desired. We had our ceremony and reception onsite and the day was perfect- if anything went wrong, I would not have known it. We loved that they suggested signature cocktails and that they put out cookies and lemonade to greet our guests for the ceremony. They suggested a "mashed potato martini bar" which was a hit with our guests- and we also had an ice cream sundae bar. We chose a stationed buffet with chicken and haddock and the food was seriously amazing! All of our guests were complimenting us on our choice of venue and on all the personal touches that made our day "US"- the signature drinks, the yard games, the macaron tower, the decorations, and the unique ideas. If you are looking for affordable elegance and to work with a skilled group of people to make your special day go smoothly- book the Essex Room asap! You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Joshua

Joshua Rose · Married on 06/07/2019

Perfect venue!

From beginning to end, our experience with The Essex Room left us with a wedding celebration that exceeded our expectations. From the very first phone call with Donna, we knew we had found the right place. We were consistently impressed by her and Lauren’s warmth and responsiveness, and felt taken care of throughout the entire process. Chef Ned and the kitchen staff worked hard to accommodate a completely gluten free menu that our guests continue to rave about, and his personal touch throughout the tasting made us again feel completely taken care of. The venue itself is an elegant space that was large enough for our guests to comfortably mingle, dine, and dance wildly to our custom playlist. With access to the entire facilities and flexibility of a truly customizable menu, we felt welcome to make the celebration our own at a price that almost seemed too good to be true. We are incredibly grateful to The Essex Room staff for giving us our dream celebration.

Sent on 01/04/2020

The Essex Room's reply:

Josh, Thank you for taking the time to write such a generous review. It was a pleasure to work with you and Alice to create your wedding celebration. Happy New Year!
  • Marie

Marie · Married on 04/26/2019

April 2019 Wedding

We got married at the end of April 2019. Donna, Lauren and the rest of the team at The Essex Room were nothing short of amazing! We fell in love with the space on our first tour and from that point on they answered all my questions and countless emails. We felt like we were the only wedding that mattered. We are STILL receiving compliments on the food, months after our wedding. They have countless options to fit every need, want, and budget. The day of, the entire space was exactly how I envisioned it. Everyone was so professional and polite. It is the perfect venue for such a special day and we can't thank the entire team enough for all their hard work!

The Essex Room 26
    Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Juliana

juliana machado · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing!!!!!!!!!

Everyone at the Essex room is so helpful I can’t put it in words! We got married in April and people are still talking about how amazing the food was! Can not recommend enough. Would give 10 stars if I could

Mark Nestor · Married on 10/13/2018

Great! Would use them again!

Awesome experience! Fun time! Essex Room was very accommodating and responsive to all our needs. Would use them again!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Rosann · Married on 09/29/2018

9/29/18 Wedding

We knew we wanted to have our wedding at The Essex Room as soon as we saw it. It is a beautiful space, with beautiful views. Lauren was great to work with through the whole process. She helped us through all our questions during the planning, and made sure the wedding day went smoothly. And the day was perfect! The food was awesome, the room looked amazing, and we got lots of great feedback from our guests. I am so glad we chose The Essex Room for our wedding!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Ali Murray · Married on 09/15/2018

September Wedding

My husband and I had our wedding at Essex Room during September and it couldn’t have been a more amazing experience! Donna and Lauren walked us through the entire process and answered our hundreds of questions. They made sure the day was perfect! We had our after party in the Lobster Trap which added a unique touch. Guests loved it! The next day we hosted a lobster bake looking over the marsh, catered by Woodmans. All the food was amazing. It was truly a perfect weekend.

Sent on 12/12/2018

The Essex Room's reply:

Thanks Ali! It was our pleasure to host your wedding weekend events. You gave your guests a fun filled weekend and we had so much fun helping you plan it.

Meghan Sullivan · Married on 07/28/2018

The perfect day!

My husband and I fell in love with The Essex Room from our first visit of the venue. Not only is it located on one of the most beautiful spots in the Northshore, the feeling we got from staff and Woodman's family was like nothing we felt at any other venue we visited. Maureen, Donna, and Lauren were integral parts of making our wedding day the most perfect for us! They ran our event seamlessly and offered suggestions and tips that would help to make our day a dream come true. They honored all of our requests and there was nothing we asked of them that they didn't do. The highlight of our wedding day was the ease of having our ceremony, reception, and after party (at The Lobster Trap) all in one location so our guests did not have to travel. The appetizers, meals, and desserts provided by Chef Ned were absolutely divine and so beautiful presented to our guests. The staff at The Essex Room welcomed us into their family and made sure that our wedding day was everything we could have dreamed of and more! The perfect spot for a day filled with so much joy and love!

Sent on 03/24/2019

Danielle · Married on 06/09/2018

We had our ceremony on 06/09/18 outside in the small garden area overlooking the marsh with 24 guests, a family meal after the ceremony downstairs in the Lobster Trap Pub and then a cocktail reception for 130 guests in the upstairs function space that included passed & stationed hors d'oeuvres and desserts.
    One of the biggest draws for us to this space was that we could do everything in one location and not have to move the ceremony guests from place to place.

The upstairs was decorated beautifully with the mixed combination of pictures, flowers, centerpieces & candles that we brought in with the existing decor of the room.

Donna and Lauren coordinated and managed every detail, helped with decisions, made suggestions and were so helpful in ensuring that everything was perfect and stress free for us on our wedding day, it was clear we wouldn't have to worry about a single thing!
    All of the staff we encountered were incredible, so friendly, welcoming and accommodating. They also seemed to want to make sure our day was perfect for us.

THANK YOU Donna & Lauren for making me feel so special and catered too. You answered every email / question / or change to our plan politely and in a timely manner, shared your suggestions on how to achieve the feel we were hoping for and never made me feel I was asking too much.
    Your personal attention to every detail was reflected in how beautiful the day was and you made our day everything we could have hoped for and more!!

I would highly recommend Donna, Lauren, Chef Ned, Maureen and the entire team at The Essex Room!!
    You will not be disappointed by the level of experience, beautiful grounds, amazing food and outstanding high quality level of service you will receive from this group - they know what they are doing and it shows in the level of attention to detail that you will receive.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Danielle,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding and a privileged to be a part of your day. Seeing you celebrate with your mom and daughters was amazing. Best Donna

Christina · Married on 05/01/2018

Wedding April 2018

After looking at several venues to hold our daughters wedding reception I seemed to always find and issue with something. Then I made a visit to the Essex Room, I met Norman and Ned and everything Changed. Ned provided samples of some appetizers that won us over. Normans friendly personalty and great ideas sealed the deal. By the time we left that night we new that this was where the wedding would be. As time went on and the planning continued we were amazed how not a single detail was overlooked. The entire staff at the Essex Room became part of the planning process, they made us feel as if the wedding was as important to them as it was to us. It was a wonderful the day went off without a hitch. Loved every minute of the day. Our guests are still talking about the venue the food and fun had that day...Also our after party in the Lobster Trap Pub was a great finish to the best day ever......Thanks, Norman, Ned, Donna, Maureen, Lauren. and all the rest of the staff.

Sent on 12/12/2018

The Essex Room's reply:

It would be an understatement to say a good time was had by all. We knew from the moment you came for the tour that we were going to have a great time every stepp of the process. You set the bar very high. Cheers, Norman

Jill · Married on 11/04/2017

I loved the Essex Room from the minute we visited and tried their food. The prices were reasonable and staff was always available. Not to mention the dance floor is huge.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Jill,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with couples looking for a venue on the North Shore.
    Happy Holidays!

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

We are so glad that we chose The Essex Room for our wedding! To start, it is in a beautiful and convenient location with plenty of parking, set on the Essex River with lovely grounds for an outdoor ceremony. It is right in the heart of Essex, but set way back so it feels very private. The function room is beautiful with a big dance floor, a spacious bridal suite and a very cool bar and lounge. The food was exceptional and the guests were raving about it. As part of the wedding package, they also provide a wedding planner/coordinator to really help you work through all of the details, manage the menu, coordinate with the other vendors and work through the schedule which was so incredibly helpful. I would have been lost without them as they really worked hard to make sure my event was exactly how I envisioned and they succeeded - Everything was perfect. The Essex Room really offers a great value for the price and their entire staff is fantastic. I highly recommend The Essex Room to any couple looking for a wedding venue on the North Shore.

Sent on 10/16/2017

The Essex Room's reply:

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to write such a glowing review. It was a pleasure to work with you to create such a beautiful wedding and memorable day!

Jennie · Married on 09/09/2017

The Essex Room was an amazing choice. It completely exceeded our expectations. Everyone working there was kind and always willing to help with anything. Lauren and Donna were extremely personable and made our experience wonderful. The food was beyond good and the cook is an extremely friendly person. You will definitely not be disappointed if you choose the Essex Room as your venue and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 09/11/2017

The Essex Room's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Jennie. It was our honor to be apart of your special day! Wishing you and Ryan best wishes as a newly married couple.

Brittany · Married on 08/26/2017

Working with the Essex Room was one of the best choices we made. We were so thankful to find an awesome venue that was actually in our budget. You'd think the views of the marsh would have been the biggest draw for this venue, instead it was the amazing team (The views were just a bonus!). Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and it was 100% because of the assistance, planning and coordination of the Essex Room team. We mostly worked with Donna and Lauren and they were delightful.

Also of note: Chef Ned and his food are absolutely outstanding. His dedication to his craft is evident and we got so many compliments on our choices. I honestly still dream about my wedding food and I don't foresee that ending anytime soon.

Sent on 09/12/2017

The Essex Room's reply:

Brittany thank you for your kind words of appreciation. You and George were a wonderful couple to work with and we were honored to host your wedding. We all wish you the very best!

Samantha · Married on 07/22/2017

My experience at the Essex Room was amazing. They were extremely helpful the day of the even and they were always available to answer my questions beforehand. I could not have picked a better venue to throw my friends bridal shower at. I would do it again, at the Essex Room, in a heart beat! Thank you for an amazing day!

Sent on 08/01/2017

The Essex Room's reply:

Samantha, Thank you choosing The Essex Room for the shower and taking the time to write such a glowing review. It was a pleasure to work with you and all the bride's maids. Best, Donna & All Of Us Here At THe Essex Room

Lauren · Married on 06/03/2017

We could not have imagined a more perfect day! The venue was amazing, the staff superb and the food out of this world. We have been told by all of our guests that it was the best wedding they had ever been too! We are so happy and thankful the the entire Essex Room staff for making our day everything we ever dreamed and more.

Sent on 08/09/2017

The Essex Room's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Lauren. It was our pleasure to be apart of your special day, which it truly was special. Best wishes.

Nicolle · Married on 11/12/2016

Beautiful, friendly, incredible food, helpful, nothing but compliments from all my guests for our wedding

Sent on 11/25/2016