69 Reviews for The Essex Room

Specialty Wine (2)
Buffet (1)
Chair Covers (1)
69 The Essex Room Reviews

I loved the Essex Room from the minute we visited and tried their food. The prices were reasonable and staff was always available. Not to mention the dance floor is huge.

Profile Picture Jill, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so glad that we chose The Essex Room for our wedding! To start, it is in a beautiful and convenient location with plenty of parking, set on the Essex River with lovely grounds for an outdoor ceremony. It is right in the heart of Essex, but set way back so it feels very private. The function room is beautiful with a big dance floor, a spacious bridal suite and a very cool bar and lounge. The food was exceptional and the guests were raving about it. As part of the wedding package, they also provide a wedding planner/coordinator to really help you work through all of the details, manage the menu, coordinate with the other vendors and work through the schedule which was so incredibly helpful. I would have been lost without them as they really worked hard to make sure my event was exactly how I envisioned and they succeeded - Everything was perfect. The Essex Room really offers a great value for the price and their entire staff is fantastic. I highly recommend The Essex Room to any couple looking for a wedding venue on the North Shore.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Essex Room was the first venue (and vendor) we looked at. Upon e-mailing for more information, they were very transparent with pricing, menus, policies and other info via email. Lauren was very responsive before even meeting me and throughout the entire planning process. When we arrived at our appointment to view the venue, we felt comfortable and impressed from the start. Lauren gave us a tour and answered all our questions, and Chef Ned came in after a snowstorm to make us some samples of clam chowder, stuffed clams, bacon wrapped scallops and other goodies. This was a huge selling point for us since the food is definitely one of the highlights here.

I changed my mind about many things, many times and Lauren was patient and understanding every time. We also ran into a couple snags with outside vendors and Lauren was able to assist us to ensure everything was resolved to our satisfaction
and gave us guidance and support.

We had our ceremony and reception on site and everything went so smoothly. We had a fairly simple, yet elegant wedding and people gave us so many compliments about the food, friendliness of staff and beauty of the venue inside and out. The value of The Essex Room can't be beat on the North Shore (or Boston). We were initially on the fence about whether we could swing this venue due to our budget, but I'm so glad we went for it. I didn't worry about a thing on my wedding day (which is saying something for me, a natural worrier) and for the quality of food, professionalism and little extras they throw in (cider and donuts for your guests upon arrival to your ceremony?!) you definitely get what you pay for and then some!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

The Essex Room was an amazing choice. It completely exceeded our expectations. Everyone working there was kind and always willing to help with anything. Lauren and Donna were extremely personable and made our experience wonderful. The food was beyond good and the cook is an extremely friendly person. You will definitely not be disappointed if you choose the Essex Room as your venue and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Profile Picture Jennie, 9/9/17, 1 Review
4.3

The coordinator and staff were great to work with. Very responsive, suggestive, and also very understanding and willing to make everything right. We had a few walk throughs, details shared, and good questions asked. The night went perfectly with no issues.

Profile Picture M, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Working with the Essex Room was one of the best choices we made. We were so thankful to find an awesome venue that was actually in our budget. You'd think the views of the marsh would have been the biggest draw for this venue, instead it was the amazing team (The views were just a bonus!). Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and it was 100% because of the assistance, planning and coordination of the Essex Room team. We mostly worked with Donna and Lauren and they were delightful.

Also of note: Chef Ned and his food are absolutely outstanding. His dedication to his craft is evident and we got so many compliments on our choices. I honestly still dream about my wedding food and I don't foresee that ending anytime soon.

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My experience at the Essex Room was amazing. They were extremely helpful the day of the even and they were always available to answer my questions beforehand. I could not have picked a better venue to throw my friends bridal shower at. I would do it again, at the Essex Room, in a heart beat! Thank you for an amazing day!

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/22/17, 1 Review
4.2

We had our wedding at The Essex Room 3 weekends ago. Donna was my event coordinator and she was amazing to work with. She had to attend to a family matter on the week of our wedding so both Lauren and Maureen stepped in and they were also amazing. Overall the wedding was a great event and the staff and chef at The Essex Room were great to work with.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We could not have imagined a more perfect day! The venue was amazing, the staff superb and the food out of this world. We have been told by all of our guests that it was the best wedding they had ever been too! We are so happy and thankful the the entire Essex Room staff for making our day everything we ever dreamed and more.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Beautiful, friendly, incredible food, helpful, nothing but compliments from all my guests for our wedding

Profile Picture Nicolle, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The entire team at The Essex Room was outstanding to work with!! From our initial meeting with Faye, through the entire planning process with Donna and Lauren. We honestly could not have asked for more or dreamed of a more perfect reception. PS... the food was exceptional! Our guests are still talking about it.

Profile Picture Mary, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

If you want great value plus really top-notch staff and extraordinary food, look no further than the Essex Room. We had a great experience and our guests are still raving about everything, and will for a very long time. We are thrilled we made this choice, and could not recommend the Essex Room with greater enthusiasm. Thank you for helping to put our wedding "over the top." We love you.

Profile Picture User7332178, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Ceremony Music, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Invitations, Jewelry, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We loved working with everyone at The Essex Room and the food was AMAZING!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I cannot praise The Essex Room enough! We planned our wedding in 90 days - 90. Days. And we could NOT have done it without the amazing team at The Essex Room.
First of all, the food is made in house and is DELICIOUS (we are still hearing compliments from our guests 4 months later). Chef Ned accommodated all of our guests with dietary restrictions AND accommodated our desire for an off-beat dessert (ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookies... they were so so good!)
Secondly, they were incredibly flexible with our meager budget. Some venues didn't even want to meet with us because of our budget, but The Essex Room made us feel valued and helped us have the wedding of our dreams without overspending!
They also provided top-quality referrals for vendors, and honestly they just handled every single detail so we didn't have to! They went above and beyond with decorations - hand-crafted pinwheels and tassels in our colors, outdoor decor for our cocktail hour, etc. Our day went perfectly and we didn't need to stress about a single thing. We feel so blessed to have found The Essex Room - visit once and you'll feel the same way.

Profile Picture Magen, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and LOVED the Essex Room when we visited, not because they gave us food and lemonade, but because of the personal attention we received throughout our planning process and day of the wedding. We worked with most of the staff there: Lauren, Donna, Faye, Maureen, Norman, even Chef Ned and they were all fantastic. They even accommodated a request we made 5 days before the wedding. Everyone there had an eye for details, especially Lauren and Donna, who creatively used our decorations in a way I didn't even think of. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour outside and since the weather cooperated we had the most beautiful background, though the outside area is small, photographers know how to work the angles to make the parking lot disappear. From the food to service, everything was perfect, and our guests kept raving about the food! We can't thank the Essex Room enough for hosting our perfect day!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

Donna Roy and her staff were incredible. I asked for a few changed like moving of a swing and and archway and they did it without any questions asked. At one point during the evening my bustle fell down and a staff member was there to get it secured in place. There was never a time I felt like I couldn't call with a question or concern. I loved working with the Essex Room. They brought a family feel to our weeding that we wouldn't have been able to get anywhere else!

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Essex Room was the first venue my husband and I visited. After visiting them, we compared every venue to the Essex Room. The staff was warm, welcoming, friendly and so flexible. Donna and her team handled anything that came up with incredible professionalism and Chef Ned (and his food) was amazing. They treated us like we were a part of the family. The staff at the Essex Room made our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I can't say enough good things about the people who work at the Essex Room. Donna, Norman, Lauren, Chef Ned, and others just made sure the day went perfectly. Weather was a major concern for me, and Donna went out of her way to help me feel comfortable if we had to do either option. She went out of her way to help me with various small details to plan for both, and was so great about being organized. The day went smoothly thanks to the team wrangling my friends and family, and EVERYONE is raving about the food - Chef Ned really out did himself! Everyone who worked there wants the day to feel personal to you, and was flexible about making that happen. The venue itself is BEAUTIFUL, and we got some great pictures. Overall, I am SO happy I went with the Essex Room, and am looking forward to booking another event there in the future!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Tastings

Be sure you are ok if weather does not cooperate!!!

Profile Picture Carol, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My fiancée and I were looking for a relaxed but beautiful place to host our wedding, and after seeing the Essex Room and meeting with the staff, we knew it was the right place for our reception. Donna, Lauren, Chef Ned, Norman, and Maureen were all enthusiastic and a pleasure to work with. They kept us on schedule and on track so that none of the big or little details were missed. We had a beautiful and fun wedding that our guests enjoyed, and we knew we were in such good hands, we were able to relax and enjoy our reception. Thank you to everybody at the Essex Room that made our wedding a wonderful event!

Profile Picture Patricia, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding date is soon approaching and we couldn't feel more at ease than with the Essex Room team. They have been simply great all along the way. The food options at our tasting confirm we will have the best food at any wedding. The entire team has been super friendly, accommodating, flexible, helpful with reception and ceremony ideas and overall welcoming. We truly feel that us and our wedding day matter to each of them and we aren't just another couple getting married at their venue. I read a review posted here in Wedding Wire when we were deciding on which venue and someone mentioned that the people of Essex Room is what made it so great, and I couldn't agree more! I can't wait to see how the entire day unfolds!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

Ned's choice for our dinner was excellent, and we didn't change a thing on the plate. Their quality of food was our initial reason for picking the Essex Room; however, the biggest draw of the Essex Room is the hospitality and commitment to you as people. Donna, Maureen, Norman, Ned, and their teams are exactly that, a team, and they take the time and effort to get to know you personally and work with you as a friend would. They get excited about your ideas; they share their honest opinions, and they engage with you in a personal way. Your experience with them feels lighthearted and fun, and from day one of meeting with them, you feel welcomed, like a guest at a bed and breakfast. We chose an off-site location to have our ceremony, one the staff have not worked with at the time; however, Maureen and Norman made it work wonderfully. Every guest commented on how beautiful the ceremony was. My wife and I couldn't have been happier, and we are very grateful for our decision to host our wedding ceremony and reception with the Essex Room. Many thanks and praise to all of them, from management to staff.

Profile Picture Pat, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We visited quite a few venues after being engaged, which made us think a decision could be difficult. But a few visits in we met with Maureen at the Essex Room and the decision was made that day. We were greeted so pleasantly, given a tour and then served amazing appetizers on the spot. We then sat down and asked a million questions which were answered without hesitation. We knew right away that the Essex Room was the place for us. Not only is the location on the gorgeous Essex River a huge seller, but the price was so much more affordable than the other waterfront spots we checked out. And still we were granted the same level of service. Several meetings up front where we showed our family the venue and asked more questions. It's such an exciting time and the ER staff made us feel even more overjoyed. The intimate food tasting was unreal, a full 3 course serving with just the two of us. SO much different than other venues where you're forced to sit down with total strangers. I don't want to say I was a difficult bride, but I'm all about the little details AND I'm the most indecisive person on earth. But with all of my decor ideas and changes the Essex Room didn't miss a beat. They set up hundreds of candles and signage for me exactly how I had asked. I was able to enjoy getting ready the morning of without worrying about a thing. The weather didn't cooperate and we had to move the cocktail hour inside, but the guests didn't even know about the last minute change. So seamless. And the day of was absolutely perfect. Great service from Donna, Norman, Lauren and all of the servers there. The bar got a bit over-crowded which was our only minor issue with such a large crowd, but wasn't a bit deal. Would maybe just suggest utilizing their second bar to other large parties. And they dealt with out shenanigans on the dance floor from the moment our first dances took place. It was the BEST day of our lives and we still hear from family and friends that it was such a blast.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/11/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

This venue has the best food around, it is not typical wedding food, it is quality cuisine. The chef is spectacular and creates beautiful plates. As far as flexibility with planning they are a little stiff when working within their own guidelines and are pretty strict on how things are setup and how things will flow. However, it made for a spectacular, smooth, and beautiful day. The staff was very responsive and helpful whenever I had questions. All my guests raved about their experience and the food. We had a truly wonderful wedding and were so very grateful to donna lauren norman and chef ned for being on our team and kicking some wedding coordinating ass! Xoxo

Profile Picture Brianna, 6/5/16, 8 Reviews