The English Manor Reviews

251 | Asbury Park, NJ

251 Reviews for The English Manor

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

Everything was perfect!

I honestly can't say enough great things about The English Manor! They were so helpful and responsive from our initial meeting to the day of the wedding. Kristie was our maitre d' and she was so wonderful to work with! She answered all my questions and she was very accommodating to any requests we had. Everyone kept telling us during the wedding and afterwards how beautiful the venue was and how delicious all the food was! It was absolutely everything I wanted in a venue and it truly made my day a dream come true. Thank you so much to everyone at the English Manor and especially Kristie!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Jennifer,
    Let me first start off by saying how you guys had the BEST final song of the night! We were all jealous that we weren't actual guests at your Wedding haha! It is so great to hear that we made your Wedding day dreams come true! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

XO

Billy Visokay · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful Venue, Great Staff

We had the privileged of having our wedding at The English Manor on September 15, 2018. We had Marlyn as our maitre’d and she was absolutely amazing. Marlyn was in contact with us almost daily from the month prior to our wedding up to 2 hours before we showed up for our wedding reception. We ended up having a lot of changes to our seating chart/guest counts and we couldn’t thank Marlyn enough for all of her patience and hard work in making our day perfect. I would not change a thing about our wedding day mainly because Marlyn made everything at our reception how we dreamed for it to be! Anyone is lucky to have Marlyn as their maitre’d for their wedding, she truly made our wedding dreams come true!

As for the venue itself, the food was phenomenal from cocktail hour to dessert. The grounds were beautiful and well-kept and the outdoor cocktail hour area really made for a great experience. Everyone we have spoken to since the wedding had absolutely nothing but great things to say about The English Manor. We would recommend that anyone considering The English Manor as their wedding venue not to think twice about it, this is the place where you will have the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Billy,

Thank you so much for this review! It is always great to hear how much our couples love their maitre'd's! It was a pleasure having your Wedding here and we hope you guys swing by soon!

Always,

Taylor · Married on 09/14/2018

Stop now.. your search is over!

My husband and I had our wedding at the English Manor on September 14, 2018. I cannot begin to put into words how amazing our day was. Kristi, our maitre d', was extremely sweet and always helpful with any questions or concerns we had. From the moment my husband and I stepped into The English Manor on the day of our wedding the entire day was an absolute breeze. Our head server was the absolute best. Throughout the night she made sure we were happy, fed, and had a drink in our hand. THE FOOD. Our guests are STILL raving about our cocktail hour, and our exit pork roll station. We've had several guests approach us, and tell our parents that it was easily one of the best weddings that they had ever been to. We can't thank the The English Manor enough for making our day so special. Choose them for your wedding! They will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Taylor,

You guys are the absolute best! It was such a honor to have your Wedding here at The EM! Throughout the whole process, you both made our jobs so fun...even during the taste test you didn't disappoint haha! We hope to see you guys soon, you'll have to come in for an anniversary dinner when Chris comes back from deployment!

All the best,

Deame · Married on 08/11/2018

Mike and I got married early August and really wanted an outdoor ceremony. We had about 100 guests. Even though it was hot out Kristi and the staff accommodated this amongst our other requests. Kristi was extremely responsive and caring and thoughtful. She is super professional. The guests loved the food and the decor was great. Everything was well designed! Deame

Sent on 10/02/2018

Deame,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your Wedding Day here at The EM! Temperatures outside do not scare us to make your day as special as you and Mike are! You're family!

Caitlin · Married on 07/20/2018

My husband, Dave and I got married in July 2018, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day at The English Manor. From our very first appointment with Alex, to the last dance with Kristi as our maitre'd, we couldn't have dreamed of a better overall experience. Kristi had every detail covered, and was a very calming influence. Our guests loved the venue, the food was delicious, and we really had the best night of our lives. Thank you, Kristi and the rest of The English Manor staff!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Tina · Married on 06/24/2018

The English Manor truly delivered us our dream wedding and will forever hold a special place in my heart. We were so lucky to have met with Kristi early on, and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Every part of the process from the incredible tasting, to the relaxed rehearsal, helpful finalization appointment and dreamy big day- was just perfection! Thank you, thank you, thank you English Manor!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Alissa · Married on 06/22/2018

We got married here on June 22, 2018 and Kristy was our maitre de. WHERE DO WE EVEN BEGIN?!! The English Manor is absolutely breathtaking. They care a lot about the venue and are always upgrading it and making sure the greenery is absolutely perfect. Even more than that, they really care about each couple that they host a wedding for. Kristy is truly phenomenal at what she does. We felt comfortable throughout the entire process and honestly just so happy. The food is also amazing!!! Their staff is amazing as well. The waitress that was responsible for us as the bride and groom went absolutely above and beyond to make sure we had a full drink and everything that we needed the entire night. The atmosphere there is one of love, laughter, and light. From start to finish, our process there was perfect. It was a little rainy on our day and we weren't sure if we would be able to have the ceremony outside. Kristy kept us calm and collected throughout a very stressful and upsetting time and assured us she would do everything she could so that we could have the ceremony outside, and we did! She was available any time we needed her on the days leading up to teh wedding and was absolutely outstanding on the day of our wedding. We had our dream wedding at our dream venue and truly couldn't have had a better experience! My only suggestion would be to bring the craft beer station into the reception from cocktail hour so that guests can continue to enjoy it throughout the night. Love, Alissa and Bill

Sent on 07/17/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/09/2018

My husband and I got married at The English Manor on June 9, 2018 and honestly had the best day of our lives. I don’t even know if I can fit everything I want to say about this venue in one review, but I’ll try! From the moment we walked in during our visits to venues, we immediately felt at ease and knew this would be the one. Everything about it was perfect….the bridge to the ceremony spot, the outdoor cocktail hour, the reception room, the service….honestly every single detail was PERFECT. Even when we had seen it in the dead of winter we could imagine how wonderful it would be in June and it was! The level of professionalism from the staff is out of this world; their attention to every single detail and making sure everything was perfect is a bride’s dream. Everyone I interacted with: Alex, Kristy, Marlyn-they all treated us like we were their most important guests. The entire evening was perfect and the food was INCREDIBLE!!!! We get compliments on how gorgeous and delicious everything was! I honestly could go on and on…I truly thank the English Manor for giving us the wedding of our dreams and highly recommend this venue!! Stephanie & Anthony 6.9.18

Sent on 07/17/2018

Liz · Married on 05/04/2018

From the moment my fiance, Vincent, and I walked into the English Manor we were given the star treatment. We felt like celebrities as we walked with Kristi (our future maitre'd) into the hallway that led to not only a beautiful and homey fireplace room, but also a glorious ballroom. If the venue tour ended there, we would've still left with a huge smile on our faces and a venue in our hearts - BUT - Kristi opened up a back door and walked us to the garden. The garden - a private oasis of trees, a brook, and greenery - served as the perfect background to our wedding portraits. Next to the garden, is a spacious desk adorned with a beautiful waterfall that my guests absolutely loved for our cocktail hour. Once we had our food tasting, it was officially a done deal. We booked the venue and on the wedding day, had the greatest reception, photos, and meal that I could've ever planned for. Kristi and the English Manor were A+++.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Liz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! Your description of your tour, makes us so happy and exactly the reason why we love what we do! I hope you and Vincent come back around your 1st anniversary! We would love to see you!

xo
    EM

Rachael · Married on 04/21/2018

We were married at the English Manor on April 21, 2018 and I don’t even know if I can truly express my appreciation in a review, but I will try. The English Manor is simply amazing. I had a hard time finding a venue because nothing gave me the feeling I was looking for, until the English Manor. From the second we walked in, I knew I had to be married there. The grounds are beautiful, it’s charming, and intimate. Being there is only one wedding there at a time, all focus is on you and your guests! The staff at the EM was wonderful right from the start. They didn’t miss a beat leading up to or during the wedding. Kristi was awesome to work with, she is energetic, extremely accommodating and made the whole process stress free! I was in constant contact with her in the weeks leading up to the wedding and she made me feel like I was the only bride she was working with, even when there were three weddings the same weekend! On top of all that, the food was DELICIOUS and abundant. The feeling of having all your guests rave about the atmosphere and food after all the planning is so rewarding! Thank you to the entire EM staff for making our day perfect and for being such a big part of our forever, we couldn’t have done it without you !

Sent on 05/03/2018

Rachael,

We are so honored to be part of your forever! We are so lucky that you had that feeling when you walked in for your tour and hope that that feeling lasts with your memories of your special day!

Please do not be strangers!

Your EM Family

Aimee · Married on 04/08/2018

My husband and I got married at the English Manor on April 8, 2018 and it was such a perfect day. We were blown away by the English manor, as were our guests. We got endless compliments on every aspect of our wedding throughout the night, especially the venue and the excellent (and endless amount) of food!

And what would i do without Marlyn? I can’t say enough how accommodating and patient she was during the wedding planning process. She answered all of my questions with ease and I can truly say I will miss talking to her! My husband and I feel so lucky to have chosen such an amazing venue with the nicest staff and gorgeous location who made our special day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Lei-Ann · Married on 01/12/2018

I had my wedding at the English Manor this past January. It is such a beautiful venue. When we began looking at wedding venues the first place we visited was the English Manor and we automatically fell in love. Everything about it felt so us. The fire place room gives the place such a cozy romantic feeling. The room for cocktail hour was so beautiful and the reception area was perfect with windows that overlook the outside area. I had chills and just knew this was better than anything I've ever imagined for myself.

The staff was absolutely amazing throughout the whole wedding planning process and very accommodating. Marlyn was our Maitre d and she was absolutely perfect! She was such a help and made us both feel like anytime we had a question we could go to her for guidance. I can't even describe how wonderful Marlyn was and how much all of her help meant to us.

The day of the wedding when I walked into the venue it was absolutely amazing. An absolute dream. They put out all of our decorations and it was just so perfect from beginning to end! All of our guests keep telling us how they have been recommending the English Manor to other people. Everyone keeps telling us what a great time they had and how delicious the food was. And there was a lot of food! Everyone was full from all the delicious food during the cocktail hour.

I would very strongly recommend this venue to any couple. I can't even express how absolutely beautiful everything was, how great the staff was, and how this was better than any dream wedding I had ever pictured for myself. I wish I could relive it all. I would not change a single thing.

Sent on 02/16/2018

Gina · Married on 12/16/2017

Looking for a venue in New Jersey can be extremely overwhelming to say the least. After visiting 9 venues we walked into the English Manor and they seemed to have everything we were looking for. We found that most venues either offered a fabulous ambiance with a limited food package or a fabulous food package but extremely outdated ambiance. To us, the English Manor offered the perfect mix of both. The staff was extremely accommodating to our every want and need. Denise did a fantastic job making our vision come to life! She was always available in the weeks leading up to the wedding and made sure we were treated like royalty the night of our wedding. The food was fantastic and our guests were so impressed when the staff came around with huge platters of second options during the main course! Highly recommend the English Manor to all brides and grooms looking for premiere service, excellent variety of food options, and a day they will remember forever!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Christine · Married on 12/10/2017

The English Manor was the most perfect wedding venue for our winter wedding! We got married on December 10, 2017 and Denise was our . Denise worked around the clock leading up to our big day just to make sure everything was perfect! We wanted ginger bread martini's served at our happy hour and she tried and sampled numerous recipes to make sure we had the perfect one! Everything I brought to be set up the day of the wedding was set up just perfectly on the big day. Better than I imagined it would be. I didn't make things easy, I left her with 70 rhinestone snowflakes to scatter perfectly around the venue and she did! We received a beautiful gift the day of our wedding and it was very touching. All our guests couldn't stop talking about how AMAZING the food was. Definitely the best food I have had at a wedding! The grounds were absolutely breathtaking and the snow we had the night before just added to the beauty. Thank you so much Denise and all of the staff of The English Manor for helping us have the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 07/29/2018

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2017

We had our ceremony and reception here and it was absolutely everything I have dreamed of! I left a variety of materials for Our maitre d to put out which she did a great job and we were able to have the wedding outside on a gorgeous fall day!!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Joanne · Married on 09/23/2017

The Maitre d' was superb, as was the staff. The owner was lovely to deal with as well. Food was fantastic, and the grounds are gorgeous. We would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a lovely wedding venue.

Sent on 09/28/2017
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 09/03/2017

I got married at The English Manor on September 3rd 2017. Denise was my maitre'd. Everything was FABULOUS from start to finish. Right after I got engaged my fiance and I wasted no time searching for the perfect venue for our big day. After seeing so many venues in the shore area, and not liking anything I was feeling really hopeless.. Until I came to The English Manor. When I walked in, I suddenly got this feeling like "this is it!"

I met with Kristi the first time I toured the venue and loved it. The gardens, bridge, patio, ballroom, cocktail hour space were beautiful. The food packages were also extremely generous! It's not that place where you need the most expensive package to get an outstanding menu. We did the Majestic package and had Filet Mignon, Chicken Isabella and Flounder offered to our guests. The options for cocktail hour were endless! I knew my guests were going to leave happy and NOT hungry! I also did the Pork Roll Egg and Cheese station which was a HUGE hit!

We did our tasting approximately 5-6 months before the wedding. Everything was just fabulous! I was able to bring my parents and my fiance's parents so everyone was able to be included which I thought was so nice. The food we got to taste was outstanding! So I was so excited since my fiance and I are both foodies. For our cake tasting we did at our "finalization" appointment approximately a month before the wedding and picked out a cake that turned out BEAUTIFUL! & DELICIOUS!

Everything about the day of was perfect. Since we got married in September, everything was still blooming and absolutely gorgeous. Our outdoor ceremony in the gardens was incredible. Denise made my vision come to life and made my day perfect. The food, service and flow of the entire event was flawless. I still have guests telling me "it was the best wedding I've ever been to!" and after all the weddings I've worked/been to - I know they're not just saying that because the EM staff does a hell of a job!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Gwen · Married on 08/05/2017

Our wedding day at The English Manor was truly magical!As soon as we entered, we were immediately welcomed by Lisa who toured us around the beautiful estate. We quickly fell head-over-hells for the venue. The incredible ceremony space, the option for an outdoor cocktail hour on the beautiful deck and the stunning reception room, each part was better than the next. We quickly hopped on the opportunity to plan our dream wedding day at The English Manor. We had a phenomenal food tasting months in advance of the wedding to help choose between all of the scrumptious options. As the wedding date got closer, we met with our Maître D’, Denise, who put all of our worries aside. It was so easy working with Denise, she was always available for what seemed like the silliest of questions and she had great ideas and recommendations for the big day! The weather on our big day was phenomenal so we were able to fulfill our dream of an outdoor wedding. We were privileged be able to do our first look, bridal party and family pictures at The English Manor before our ceremony. The lush grounds made a beautiful backdrop for each and every picture. The cocktail hour and reception food were just incredible! My guests are still raving about the vast array of foods at cocktail hour and the quality and quantity of food throughout the entire event! The entire wedding day went incredibly smoothly thanks to Denise. She even fixed my bustle that broke at the start of the reception! Silvana was an extreme pleasure to work with on the wedding day. She made sure my husband and I always had something to drink and eat and she was able to accommodate every request. We felt like absolute royalty hosting our wedding at The English Manor. We can only hope to one day attend an English Manor wedding as a guest to experience it from the other side. Thank you Denise, Silvana, Lisa, Kristi and the entire English Manor team for making our wedding day better than we ever could have imagined!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Tricia · Married on 07/07/2017

The English Manor is amazing and I was able to have a perfect wedding there! The grounds are beautiful and make for a really great ceremony and fantastic pictures. The food at cocktail hour and dinner was amazing, and the staff was so friendly and accommodating. I received so many compliments on the venue and I couldn't have been happier with the day. I highly recommend The English Manor!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Eric · Married on 06/30/2017

From the Beginning, The English Manor made it easy to plan the perfect wedding. Their grounds are gorgeous, their food is incredible and their staff are very friendly and accommodating. Our guests were so impressed with the venue that some of them are now considering having their own weddings there!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Alexandria · Married on 06/10/2017

The English Manor was the best decision we made about our wedding! The food was delicious and everyone loved cocktail hour. Denis and the staff at the English Manor took care of every single detail. My husband and I didn't have to do or worry about anything. Denis, the wedding planner, is truly amazing! The Garden is so romantic and our photos came out great! Loved every second of our day! I can't recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Ana · Married on 05/27/2017

Our wedding in June 2017, was beyond our expectations. Everyone on the staff was amazing and so detail-oriented. As the bride, I did not have to worry about a thing on my wedding day and everything went smoothly. I'd especially like to thank my wedding day coordinator, Marlyn, for handling everything that day. It was a gorgeous venue and the food was great! Thank you English Manor for giving me the perfect wedding day!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/08/2017

There are truly not enough words to accurately describe our wedding experience at The English Manor. From the moment my now husband and I walked in at our first appointment we felt like family. The staff is second to none. Denise was our maître D' and she is the absolute best of the best. Down to every single detail, she made our day perfect.The food was INCREDIBLE! Guests were raving about every single course. the atmosphere is wonderful and the grounds are stunning! We had our ceremony outside and the scenery looked as though it was out of a magazine!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue and their staff. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Paula · Married on 04/02/2017

As soon as we arrived at The English Manor we instantly it was the one. Kristi was friendly & accommodating, going over the details & answering all of our questions as well as responding to our emails. We scheduled a food tasting, brought a few members of our families, & everyone was beyond pleased with how delicious everything as as well as the amount & variety of food! Both our families love to eat & we were worried about not having enough food, but when Kristi informed us that our guests could have seconds of their dinner we said "sign us up!". Favorites: it is a one wedding at a time place, the private backyard area, homey yet elegant look & feel of the place. Denise, our maitre'D was amazing. We had some odd requests & brought a ton of items to personalize our day & she never said no. The venue was able to use all of the items we brought & all of our guests were delighted with all of the details we included as well as how amazing the food was. Oh! the venetian hour dessert table was worth every penny. Denise answered my texts very quickly every time & she even sent me a photo of our wedding cake two days before the big day which was a special touch. Denise & staff were super attentive all day, timing every single step of the way & every detail to perfection. Silvana, our main server never let me go hungry and took care of me and anything I asked with a smile. This venue had everything we wanted and right within our budget. We took advantage of a special pricing package that included the entertainment & photographer with a great company and we did not have to worry about finding separate vendors for those 2 important services.
    Advice to the company: included with our final pricing was the gratuity which in the English language means tip. We found out too late that the venue uses the word "gratuity" in place of "service charge" which are two different things, therefore, the staff went under-tipped since we assumed their tip was included in the "gratuity" line.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Toni · Married on 03/04/2017

My husband and I looked at several wedding venues before stumbling upon the English Manor. Each venue had something that either I didn’t like or my husband didn’t. When we walked into the English Manor we both knew this was the place we were going to have our wedding and we are extremely glad we did. The venue is absolutely stunning and elegant. Whether your ceremony is outside or inside, it will be classy and gorgeous; the grounds are stunning as well as the inside.

The food is amazing at the English Manor. Cocktail hour was filled with delicious food; I highly recommend the lobster macaroni and cheese. Dinner was just as amazing, with extra food served after the meal.

Planning the wedding with our maitre’d, Marlyn, went extremely smooth. She was exceptionally helpful with every detail for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Marlyn went out of her way to make sure I had the wedding cake that I really wanted. 3/4/17 wedding

You will not be disappointed with the English Manor as your wedding venue!

Sent on 04/23/2017