The English Manor Reviews

251 | Asbury Park, NJ

251 Reviews for The English Manor

Laura O'brien · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Welcoming and professional

My daughter's wedding is booked for October 2020.
    When we visited almost a year ago, all those involved were welcoming and professional.
    The idea of having a tasting before booking is brilliant--why book if the food is not satisfactory is their thinking. Totally makes sense.

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 01/19/2020

Absolutely everything we could have asked for!

My husband and I just got married yesterday and I felt so compelled to write our review ASAP. Our entire experience from the second we walked in 11 months before our wedding date was incredible. We had the privilege of working with a few different ladies through the planning process and they were each so helpful with all of my silly questions and concerns. As our wedding day approached we were absolutely blessed to meet and work with our Maître D, Kristi. Our day would not have been as amazing as it was if not for her... she was kind, helpful, understanding, and honestly just all around wonderful (my husband and I just keep saying we just want to be her friend lol). Every detail was executed flawlessly by all of the staff - from set up, to food, and all around friendliness. Before the night was over guests were continuously coming up to us to compliment the venue, staff, and food - which was INCREDIBLE. The presentation and taste blew us all away and I’m super grateful they sent us home with leftovers so we get to enjoy it twice! We’re seriously hoping a friend gets married there so we can experience the magic again. We were truly so blessed with our entire wedding day and are beyond happy our guests had just as much as we did. So many said it was the best wedding they have ever been to (and of course we agree)!!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Erica · Married on 12/06/2019

Beautiful Christmas Wedding

The staff at the English Manor is amazing!! Kristi was the absolute best. She was always available to answer questions and helped to make our day perfect. The English Manor is beautifully decorated for the holiday season, which helped to make our December wedding even more memorable.

Sent on 12/14/2019

Erica,

We are so happy to hear that you and AJ had a perfect wedding day! Your handmade centerpieces went so beautifully with our christmas decor, it truly made your wedding that much more special!

Love, The English Manor

Danielle Clossey · Married on 11/30/2019

Kristi is one of a kind!!

Absolutely incredible!! Lisa and her team does an amazing job. Kristi went above and beyond every step of the way to make everything about the day flawless! I couldn’t not have ask for a better venue especially for the price! They were able to work with you and make the day exactly what you want! Also the food was phenomenal, also they are affiliated with Clark’s Landing so they provide second dinners to their guests. From all of the big details to all of the little ones, our day was perfect because of Kristi. Also our pork roll sandwich exit station/favor was a huge hit!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Dianna · Married on 11/23/2019

Wedding of Our Dreams!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you to The English Manor staff for making our wedding day absolutely flawless. From the drinks to the food to the decor to the staff, everything was beyond our dreams. Not only did you make wedding planning seamless and easy, but you also made the wedding day go so smoothly. Marlyn our Maitre D and Silvana our Head Waitress were AMAZING. All of our guests can't stop talking about how great the food was and how amazing everything was for our wedding on 11/23. Thank you again for making our wedding day more than we ever could've dreamed of!!!!!!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Ashlee

Ashlee · Married on 11/17/2019

The English Manor was Perfection!

I had my wedding here this past November and let me tell you I have never received so many compliments from my guests! Lisa & of course our Matre D Kristi, were BEYOND AMAZING! The outdoor space was everything I was looking for & the inside was even better! The new reception room was gorgeous, especially with the changing of lights to the color of your choice. The food was AMAZING, my guests couldn't stop raving about it & the service with just so professional & on point! When you needed a drink Kristi was there with one in your hand for you! I can not even explain how perfect everything was! Kristi made my vision come true with the setup of all the decor I made. I like to THANK Kristi most of all for answering all my emails & texts, but also THANK YOU to the whole staff that made that day the most memorable of my life! I would HIGHLY recommend the English Manor for your wedding!!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2019

Beyond amazing

I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff, food, service, and communication was at The English Manor. From the day we booked until the day of my wedding, if I had a question about ANYTHING, I would immediately get a response from a staff member. The day of my wedding was flawless and I am not just saying that because it was " our day. " Kristi our Maitre D was AMAZING to work with and made sure the day of my wedding was nothing less than perfect. THE FOOD ! To this day, people are still commenting on how amazing the food and cocktail hour was. Anyone looking for a venue that can offer amazing service, outstanding professionalism, and the touch of making you feel like you're a part of their "family" THIS IS THE VENUE FOR YOU. I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed !! Thank you to EVERYONE at The English Manor.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 09/14/2019

Best venue!

Amazing wedding venue and such good food! Our wedding at the English manor was perfection and many guests expressed how this was the best wedding with the best food they have ever been too

Sent on 10/01/2019

Anna,

Your wedding was such a blast! Your dress was absolutely stunning, we loved the personal touches on your special day! Please come by and visit any time!!

xo, The EM
  • Daniel

Daniel Lara · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Stunning!

Our wedding at The English Manor was perfection! The outside garden was beautiful and exactly what my wife and I dreamed about. The venue, staff, and food were exceptional. Our friends and family had an amazing time and complimented us the whole night. Kristi and the whole staff were a pleasure to work with and everything turned out perfect. We definitely recommend The English Manor for your wedding!

Sent on 04/12/2020
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/16/2019

Grateful for our decision to get married here

The English Manor nailed it. We had our wedding in August ‘19 and could not recommend the English Manor any more. From our very first visit, we knew the English Manor was our dream location. The grounds are beautiful for outdoor ceremonies and outdoor cocktail hours (natural and not too manicured which was great since we wanted a rustic feel) and the inside ballroom was just recently updated. It’s tasteful, classic and not overly lavish (again, something we were looking for - we wanted an authentic and non-pretentious feel). The food was downright delectable and we still have friends and family talking about how much they loved certain items 3 months later! The funny thing is that each person who raves about the food seems to have a different item that they enjoyed most. This showed us that the food all-around was excellent and not just a few select items. The English Manor also allowed us to do a taste testing with our parents which seems to be rare these days and was a much added bonus (and also fun!). The dance floor is a little on the smaller end for 150 people but we also had a big dancing crowd in which a good 50% of people consistently danced the entire night. The smaller dance floor made it look somewhat full but we saw this as a positive because it felt lively! Last but not least, the staff and especially our maitre’d Kristi Lippiello were incredible! These people love to put on weddings and it shows! They made our day so special and worry-free by taking care of all of the details - even ones we missed ourselves. Everyone was lovely to work with and Kristi was very accessible and knew how to put a bride at ease. Looking back, it’s surreal how stress-free our wedding experience was - the wedding day itself and the months leading up to it - and this was in large part due to the English Manor. Again, we cannot recommend this place any more. Other than our decision to marry each other, our selection of the English Manor as our wedding venue was the best decision we made for our wedding day!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Mcdonald · Married on 08/11/2019

Best Night of Our Life!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the English Manor and the staff. Kristi is absolutely amazing! From booking the venue to the end of our wedding night, everything was perfect. The staff is so professional and responsive. I could text Kristi at any time with any question and she would quickly respond. Kristi is very knowledgeable and excellent at what she does, which made us feel more relaxed and the night went so smoothly. The food is delicious! There are so many hors d’oeuvres for cocktail hour and the Mac and cheese bar was a huge hit! The grounds are so beautiful and the venue itself is intimate and quaint. Choosing the English Manor for our wedding venue was the best decision we made. Thank you to everyone at the English Manor who made our wedding perfect!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Debbie Lane · Married on 07/13/2019

If you want an Incredible wedding go to the English Manor!

Saturday, July 13, 2019 my daughter, Katie and her fiance’ Chris got married and the reception was at the English Manor. I can’t say enough about the beautiful venue The English Manor is. Their maitre d Kristi greeted the bridal party and took care of their wants and needs. She was wonderful, nothing was ever a problem for Kristi, from the planning stages to the end of the evening.
    The bridal party took pictures on the beautiful grounds at the English Manor. One of the many reasons we picked the English Manor was to take pictures on the grounds, from the front with the stately manor look, the antique barn doors to the back with the bridge, the gazebo , the waterfall set in an amazing garden of flowers and foliage. When they finished the bridal party pictures they joined their guests at the Welcome Bar set up in the Garden Room. The Welcome Bar was a huge hit for guest who arrived early. The cocktail hour was outside on the great patio where the food was plentiful and delicious and the drinks were flowing. Dinner was served in the elegant ballroom. Dinner was amazing, every option was delicious. Guest were raving how good the food was! The bride and groom cut the cake and dessert was served. The cake was delicious and included in the package. The bride had picked the cake she wanted at a cake tasting with about 12 options. Also, mini ice cream cones were served on a bed of sprinkles and pastries were placed on each table. The servers, the bartenders, and all staff at the English Manor were professional, friendly, and attentive.
    I would like to thank Lisa, the owner, for such an amazing venue. A special thank you to Kristi who paid so much attention to detail and kept the day and evening running smoothly in her sweet and friendly way.
    I am so glad we had our daughter’s wedding at the English Manor. The guests comments were, “best wedding”, “so much fun”, “had a great time”, “food was amazing”, “best wedding I’ve ever been to”, as they were passing the exit station with pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwiches wrapped up so the guests could take one home!
    Amazing, Incredible night!
    Debbie--Mother of the Bride

Sent on 07/18/2019

Debbie,

We had such a great time working with you, Katie, and Chris for their Special Day! The excitement you all had for the Wedding Day made us so excited as well! We are so happy you are apart of our EM family!

Love, EM
  • Katie

Katie Lane · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely Perfect Venue

The English Manor was everything we wanted in a wedding venue and more. The grounds were perfect for pictures. The green backgrounds, colorful flowers, and beautiful barn door was everything that I was looking for. The food at the cocktail hour was a huge hit. We still have friends and family today talking about how great the food was and how the choices were endless at cocktail hour. The ballroom was gorgeous and the up-lighting in the room made the dance floor the place to be. We received raving reviews about dinner. Our guests loved the options, the wine on the table, and the service. Dessert was also provided to each table of mini ice cream cones, pastries, and chocolate covered strawberries. The food, atmosphere, and service were incomparable to any reception I have ever experienced.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Katie,

Everything about your day was magical! Your pictures came out so beautiful! Your wedding was important to all of us here at The English Manor. We hope you and Chris come visit soon!

Natalie Savage Flora · Married on 07/12/2019

The Perfect Wedding Venue

My husband and I got married at The English Manor on 12/7/2019 and we cannot say enough great things about our experience. From the day we booked the venue (18 months ahead of time), until the day of our wedding, the service was incredible! There are a lot of horror stories out there about planning a wedding and everyone at The English Manor made it the easiest and smoothest process for us! They were always available to answer any questions beforehand either over the phone or email. We came to the venue multiple times to show our families and also for our menu tasting, and the staff was always welcoming and professional.

On the day of our wedding, The English Manor staff really made the day go flawlessly. Our Maitre D Marlyn went above and beyond for us and she was truly amazing! She was so organized and detail oriented and she made our vision for our wedding day come to life. Our head waitress Silvana was so attentive and made sure we always had food and drinks with us throughout the night. Not only were we impressed with the service, but our guests raved about the service we received. We have had so many people compliment the service the night of our wedding and for the days following.

Not only was the service incredible – but the food was outstanding! The English Manor was super accommodating to dietary restrictions and they were able to slightly tailor our menu to adjust for that. We are so grateful for that and could not believe the quality and how great everything tasted! The cocktail hour food was incredible and so were the entrees! Our guests were so impressed by the taste and the endless options throughout the night!

The grounds were decorated for Christmas and it was the perfect touch for our winter wedding! The staff did a great job decorating and we hardly needed any decorations of our own. The venue is absolutely stunning both inside and out!

We had such a wonderful experience & would recommend The English Manor to anyone! If you’re looking for a top tier wedding venue that truly goes above and beyond, this is the place for you! Thank you to all of the staff & our Maitre D Marlyn, you all made our day the best day of our lives. We are so thankful to have chosen The English Manor for our wedding venue!

Sent on 01/17/2020

Natalie and Nico,
    Thank you so much for the lovely review! We are truly touched by your kind words. We absolutely loved that you included your dog in the wedding festivities! We wish you and Nico love and happiness as you start this new journey in your lives together! XOXO the EM staff
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Ernst · Married on 07/04/2019

July 4th Wedding

All I can say is WOW! This place had it all, location, food, and staff were out of this world. Our whole family was impressed by how professional everything was done throughout our whole wedding process.

To start the outside grounds are just absolutely stunning. We had a summer wedding and the outside was the most amazing backdrop of our ceremony and cocktail hour.

The food was beyond impeccable and impressive. I’ve been to many weddings where I have left hungry and disappointed. Let me tell you there wasn’t one thing I ate that was not delicious. From the apps to the dinner and dessert, our guests all raved about how delicious everything was.

Lastly, the staff. I was so lucky to have gotten to work with Kristi as my maître d’. She went above and beyond her duties and made our day truly so special. She was beyond sweet and caring and really made us feel right at home. I couldn’t have asked for a better person to leave our wedding in the hands of than her.

I could talk for hours about how amazing our experience was. We can’t thank everyone enough at the EM who made our wedding day come together so perfectly!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Chelsea,

Your day was one of our favorites! We loved your personal touches from the seating chart, your signs. everything was beautiful! Your sparkler pictures were the perfect way to cap your Fourth of July wedding!

XO, EM
  • Megan

Megan Knoth · Married on 05/11/2019

Wish We Could Do It Again!

I fell in LOVE with the English Manor the first time I walked in and knew it was the venue for me and my now Husband. The staff was welcoming, accommodating, patient and beyond knowledgable.

During the wedding planning process, The English Manor was there every step of the way to help with planning our wedding. They were easy to contact and quick to respond. They gave such helpful suggestions that they knew would work perfectly for their venue and for us as a couple. They were open-minded in my request for a light saber walk way, an additional cake & they even made an adorable sign for our signature drink.

The grounds are beautiful with newly planted flowers, a gazebo and a waterfall. The cocktail hour felt like you were in a magical garden. The reception room was also just as beautiful. It sparkled. The sound system was superb. It centered around the dance floor so the guests at their tables could enjoy themselves with conversation.

THE FOOD WAS AMAZING! Many of our guests raved about how delicious everything was. There was more then enough to go around & they even came for second and thirds at dinner! The mini ice cream cones were a hit.

Kristi, our Maitre'D was fabulous! She tailored to our ever need and continued to check on us throughout the night. She really made our wedding feel like ours! She also made the entire reception run smoothly. She was amazing and I can't thank her enough for making this special day less stressful & more enjoyable!

I would recommend the English Manor to anyone! Thank you to the staff at the English Manor & to Kristi for making our wedding the more memorable and beautiful night we could have hoped for!!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Megan,

We are so happy we could be a part of your Special Day - we loved all your Superhero personal touches! From the moment of your first visit, you fit right into our family! We hope to see you and Billy soon!

xo, The EM
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 03/30/2019

If you want a top-notch wedding experience, look no further!

I just had my wedding reception at The English Manor on 3/30/19. I wish I could give this place a 100-star review. Every, single part -from the day we booked to the moment we drove away - was incredible. The service is superb. We worked with Alex during the booking process and the food tasting. Any question I had, she was quick to respond. So friendly and personable, she made us feel like she knew us forever. Kristi was our maitre'd for the wedding and she helped with the final details, cake tasting and execution of the event. As the day was approaching, I found myself having a lot of little questions. Kristi went out of her way to answer them and was so lovely about it all. Everyone we worked with seemed to really enjoy their job and genuinely cared about making our wedding the most special day for us. I felt so comfortable trusting all of the people at EM to make my wedding vision come to life. In addition to the service, the food was amazing. We both come from families who have high standards for food, and we were beyond satisfied. We opted to upgrade to the filet mignon and we were so glad that we did. Everyone in attendance was raving for days after about the wedding, especially the food. Silvana was our head waitress, and she made us feel so taken care of. She checked on us frequently throughout the night; we never wanted for anything all night. The grounds are well kept and the inside was always so clean every time we came to drop off something or attend a tasting. When we first walked in, it had a home-like feeling that felt right for us. The place is fancy and elegant in addition to being cozy and intimate. The ballroom is newly renovated to include beautiful decor and an updated sound/light system. If you're looking for an amazing wedding experience, look no further!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Melissa Goritski · Married on 11/18/2018

Book it, because it is the best!

This is the most amazing venue in every aspect. The attention to detail is diligently managed and taken seriously by staff members. When I booked this venue for my late November wedding, I knew that I wanted to do as little as possible in the way of planning and decorating. This was the perfect place for that because I was given the option to be as involved or uninvolved as I wanted. I got an all-inclusive package for an off-season wedding. The package included the décor for tables, cake, dj, and photographer. Kristi my maître d’ was the on top of everything and pretty much walked me through everything I needed to decide on, such as color of table cloths, napkins, center pieces, course choices, and cake design/flavor. The food was the best I have ever had at any wedding, AND THEY COME AROUND WITH SECONDS FOR WHOEVER WANTS MORE! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I have never been to a wedding where guests were so impressed by the venue décor, food, cake, and entertainment. To be honest I am begging my friends to have their wedding here so I can enjoy it again as a guest. The venue has amazing outdoor space and should be at the top of everyone’s wedding list because their hard work and personalization is top notch.

Sent on 01/28/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa M Sinclair · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing quality and service

I would recommend the English Manor to everyone! Their quality, value and service is unmatched and you will never regret booking them for your wedding or any other special event you may have! They treated us like royalty and made sure our daughter's wedding went perfectly! Kristi was amazing! Our guests cannot stop talking about the exceptional food and service! We had guests that are extremely picky and critical and one of them said this was the best wedding they had ever been too! We were treated like family from when we first booked 2 years ago! We llove the English Manor and we will be back!

Sent on 11/10/2018

The English Manor's reply:

We love you guys! From the moment you stepped in for your first tour, we all just "clicked"! It was a pleasure being able to work with such a lovely family...and who can forget the comedians of the bridal party! We hope to see you all soon! Please do not be strangers!

Always,
    Your second home, The EM

Juliana · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfection!

I fell in love with this venue the second we saw it. They were so helpful and always available whenever I had a question. Kristi and the whole staff made all of my visions a reality. They made our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/20/2018

Incredible Venue

We were married at The English Manor on October 20, 2018. It was a fantastic experience from the first email! The whole team, Kristi especially, were quick with responses, flexible, and a joy to work with. Our friends and family are still raving about the food! The grounds are stunning, and the "one wedding at a time" aspect makes it feel like you happen to be throwing a huge party at your own house. We felt very much at home and are very happy with the decision to have our wedding there. We hope to attend a wedding there as a guest one day.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Laura,

This will always be your second home! Thank you so much for the lovely review and we are so happy that you chose us to host your special day!

With love,

Michael · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely phenomenal is the only way to start a review for this establishment. Kristine and Alex are who I dealt with for all the planning details of my wedding on October 13th, 2018 and it was a flawless experience from the beginning to the end. Beyond professional would be putting it lightly to say the least about everyone at the English manor.
    The communication with their staff was on point and impeccable. We had questions about something at 1130 at night? Kristine had an answer for us by 8am the next morning regardless if she was suppose to work that day or not. After receiving that type of service from her, I knew that we had made the right choice and we were blown away by the level of detail they out into our day.
    Food- Phenomenal Atmosphere- phenomenal Attention to deal--phenomenonal our guests raved about every detail of the English Manor all night. She made recommendations for other wedding services that were on point and perfectly paired to our day and the level of communication between the venue staff, the photography staff, the video staff, the entertainment staff and myself was mind blowing. She spared no detail to make sure our day was unforgettable and memorable for us and our guests. I would seriously consider any recommendations she and her team would have for additional services to your event.
    There was a small minor mishap(out of their control) the day before our wedding for a memorial that we had put together for our passed loved ones. I was notified about the incident approximately 9am and Kristine and her team had a solution for me before noon that day. They took apart our display, repair the damage and had it back together with time to spare for our wedding
    In conclusion, you may experience some sticker shock when they start to price out your event but when the staff this in sync, with the lines of communication they provide along with the exceptional service on the day of the event, it was money well spent

Sent on 10/14/2018

Patty · Married on 10/07/2018

I attended a wedding on 10-7-2018 and when I tell you it was the BEST time ever,starting with an outdoor ceremony, to a great cocktail hour with a wonderful selection of food, and drinks, the servers were great too. The dinner was impeccable, omg, steaks that were so tender it melted in your mouth chicken so flavorful seafood so tasty, on top of all the great food the music was fabulous. There was never a dull moment. Did i say how GREAT the food was? And on top of all that when leaving they gave out pork roll n egg n cheese sandwiches on a soft roll and water for the ride home. Who does that? So you too can have a very memorable expierence here,give it a try Im sure you will agree with me.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Patty,

Thank you so much for this awesome review! We take a lot of pride in making sure our couples and their guests have a memorable experience! We hope to see you at another event here!

P.S- Who doesn't love a Pork Roll Egg & Cheese to end the night!?

Always,

Stefanie · Married on 10/05/2018

The BEST Venue Ever!

It took me so long to write this review because I cannot put into words how amazing the English Manor was for our wedding day. I knew from the moment that we first visited the venue that it was the “one”. I am lucky to have grown up with Kristi, our Maitre D’ and coordinator through our whole wedding process, and I truly couldn’t think of a better person for the job. She answered every question I had from the moment we booked all throughout the day of our wedding and is the kindest person you will ever meet. Whatever we needed during the wedding day, she made happen- no question or hesitation. Kristi and the whole EM staff are so incredibly knowledgeable and talented at what they do. No stone went unturned throughout the whole process to make sure the day went smoothly. I never felt like I had to figure anything out on our own because they had it covered. They are constantly updating and working to ensure they are top-notch. Between the time we booked and our wedding day, they had renovated the ballroom, finished the patio, and added uplighting! The grounds our breathtaking and we were lucky to be able to do our first look, ceremony, and cocktail hour outside (although the inside is really just as beautiful). The food is honestly the BEST and there’s so much of it! Our guests were super impressed with everything- cocktail hour, our special food stations, the seconds passed around at dinner, and the little ice cream cones! Our head waitress made sure we were always eating and drinking as well. They worked awesome with our vendors and made the day perfect. We are so grateful for their expertise and I really wish we could do it 1000x over again. They are one of a kind! -Stef & Chris

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Alyson

Alyson · Married on 09/28/2018

The English Manor is the BEST!

My husband and I got married on September 28, 2018 at The English Manor and our day was absolutely perfect! The team at the EM were amazing to work with. From the moment we toured the venue until our wedding day, they were nothing short of the best. They were incredibly easy to communicate with and quick to respond to any questions I had during the wedding process. The grounds itself were beautiful and we fell in love with it immediately even though it was on a cold, gray January day! And I can’t thank our maitre’d Marlyn enough. She made our day so easy. She was so accommodating to anything our family needed. I don’t know what we would have done without her! Our guests absolutely loved all of the food and how beautiful the entire venue looked. Thank you so much to Marlyn and the entire EM team for making our wedding day so, so wonderful!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Alyson,

We are over the moon with this review! It is so nice to hear that even on a cold day in January you were able to see that this was the place for you! We are so happy that you had the Wedding of your dreams! You and your guests were a joy to have and we hope we see you guys around soon! Don't be strangers!

xox