The Emerson Resort & Spa Reviews

12 Reviews for The Emerson Resort & Spa

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2018

Emerson Resort and Spa Wedding

The Emerson was able to make our wedding weekend a wonderful experience where all of our friends and family felt welcome and comfortable. Not even having the resort get struck by lightning could dampen the magic of such a fairy-tale-esque setting. Marci is a pleasure to work with. She was able to fix any issues and when weather threatened our outdoor reception, she was able to bring all of our decorations inside to honestly Martha Stewart the Catamount better than even Martha Stewart could've! It was a simply perfect weekend.

Danielle · Married on 07/15/2017

I don't have enough positive things to say! This really was everything I could have wanted. A beautiful, unique venue! The food was fantastic both at the reception and the day-after brunch! Marci was AMAZING! Extremely responsive to emails and always very helpful. She was willing to work within my budget to throw the most perfect wedding. During the wedding weekend, she was there for anything I asked for and more! The rest of the staff was also incredible. Highly, highly recommend having your wedding here! My guests still can't stop raving about it!

Adriana · Married on 10/24/2015

We were married at a church and had our reception at The Emerson in The Catamount. Originally we had planned on utilizing the outside space for the reception and the indoor restaurant area for cocktail hour, but the day of proved to be a bit too chilly and windy. One of the reasons we chose this venue is because we loved both the indoor and outdoor options, and loved that our guests could stay on premises. I grew up in the Catskill Mountain region, and watched the Emerson be restored and rebuilt over time, and transformed into this gorgeous resort. Everything about this place was magical, and perfect for our fall wedding! Marci Smith, the wedding coordinator, was a consummate professional. She was so helpful, timely, and accommodating. We couldn't have asked for a better person to help us facilitate the day. We had a small wedding of about 75 guests, and while more definitely could have fit in the space, it was the perfect size for our group. The food was AMAZING (can't tell you how many compliments we received!), and the indoor setting was both rustic and elegant (fireplace, flameless candles, pumpkins, fall decor, etc.). It had so much of its own charm, we felt we didn't need to add much to the decor. We loved also having the deck outside with a gas fire pit (great for the BBQ rehearsal dinner the night before and making smores!), so guests could easily step outside for some air. Fortunately, we had peak foliage for some great photos outside too. The beautiful Esopus Creek runs directly behind the Inn, and with the Catskill Mountains surrounding the Inn, everywhere you looked was more natural beauty. After the wedding, Marci and the staff had everything neatly packed and ready for us take home, and we enjoyed brunch at the restaurant with our families the next day. We decided to stay an extra night, and we were so glad we did. All of the staff from the servers, to the hotel staff and spa technicians, were gracious and professional.

Kelley · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding day was beyond my wildest dreams, and such a big part of that was due to the exceptional location and service that I received at the Emerson, by the event coordinator Marci and her team. Marci made the whole planning process a breeze and made me feel confident that everything was going according to plan. The day of, she and her team took boxes of decorations that I bought with only a vague idea of what to do with and made my reception look like a total dream. Then they carefully cleaned and packed everything up for me to take home the next day. They went above and beyond in so many ways--starting up a bonfire for a post-reception celebration, bringing out marshmallows and roasting sticks upon my little cousin's request, generously allowing me to keep a suite for another night when I didn't have time to clean my things out properly--it made everything feel so smooth, wonderful and stress free. I don't think I ever asked for anything and got a response other than "sure, we can do that." Also, the food is just amazing (I highly recommend the risotto station, it was a hit) and you really can't do better in terms of a backdrop for your photos. The variety of locations to take pictures, from the wildflower pond at the far end of the property to the roaring Esopus creek and a trail that leads into the woods--my photos are just amazing. The value and service are incredible. Thanks to Marci, her team, and the Emerson.

This place just hit everything I wanted for my wedding! Outside in the gazebos with the sound of the Esopus Creek in the background was exactly what I wanted the day of my wedding! Along with the rustic feeling we were going with worked out perfectly!

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2014

I am so so happy that I decided to have my wedding at the Emerson Resort and Spa! It was the perfect venue for my fiancé and I. It was the perfect combination of elegant and rustic, there is nothing pretentious or cheesy country about the place. They hold the rooms for your guests so you can basically have the whole Inn for your wedding guests. The food is amazing. The landscape is absolutely gorgeous and lends itself to absolutely beautiful wedding photos. You have a choice between an inside and outdoor space for your ceremony and reception. The wedding coordinator Marci is perfect at her job and knows exactly what she's doing. I just can't say enough wonderful things about the Emerson and I am so happy that I found it to have my wedding at.

Julie · Married on 08/23/2014

The Emerson was great, Marci in particular made sure my ceremony and reception were perfect. The food was great and I've had lots of comments from friends and family that it's the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Marci was very responsive to all my questions / concerns before the wedding. The outside venue was beautiful, it made for a perfect backdrop for wedding pictures. I didn't decorate all that much because the scenery and venue were so beautiful it didn't require a lot of extra...nature did the job.

Corinne · Married on 05/10/2014

We got married here on Saturday and we loved it as did our guests. We got so many compliments and Marci our coordinator was amazing.

• Y

Yili · Married on 07/10/2010

Emerson Resort & Spa was perfect for our July wedding! We had a wedding weekend there where all our guests stayed on-site for the rehearsal dinner, wedding and brunch the next day. They had a beautiful pavillon for the wedding which was by the river and everyone raved about how beautiful it was. They had a great wedding package that covered everything for catering and the reception, and it was very adaptable which worked well for us. The price was reasonable, not cheap but not too expensive, but the best thing was that they were flexible on guest counts (no guest minimums which was what won us over!). The food at the wedding and the accomodations were fantastic. Marci, the event coordinator was also fantastic!! It was a great wedding weekend and a great venue and everyone was very nice there! Highly recommended!

3.6
      3.0

It was great, a few problems an issues, but good

Kathleen · Married on 10/29/2011

3.4
      3.5

My wife, her mom, and one of my bridesmaids had their hair done at Emerson because our party was too big to fit at any one salon in the area. My wife was very happy with Jan, the lone hair stylist at Emerson, but her hairstyle didn’t turn out quite right on the big day. Jan was straightforward, unflappable, and very responsive to her needs and opinions, and her trial hairstyle was perfect, but Jan wasn’t able to recreate it on the wedding day. She works very quickly, which is a plus, but my wife did have a bit of a problem with her hairstyle wilting as the evening continued. My bridesmaid was happy with her style but admitted that it wasn’t what she had in mind. We also had our nails done at Emerson, and were fairly with the experience. Emma was extremely thorough in prepping my nails, but only applied one coat of polish. I had a (very well-done) French manicure, which held up well for the wedding but didn't last much longer.