The Elks at Bass Rocks Reviews

The Elks at Bass Rocks 5
The Elks at Bass Rocks 6
The Elks at Bass Rocks 7

Vanessa · Married on 08/24/2013

I don't even know where to being. From my first phone call to set up a tour to my wedding day, the staff at The Elks at Bass Rocks were amazing. Both Bron and Stacey are incredible. Stacey was our event coordinator for the day of wedding so we worked the most with her, however Bron was there to answer any questions on days Stacey was out of the office. Bron also showed us the venue for the first time. This is not your typical Elks. The view of the ocean is breathtaking and the layout and design of the hall space is prefect for weddings. Stacey helped with every moment and even brought some things to my attention that I could have slipped over. The rehearsal went smoothly and Stacey ran everything beautifully. The day of the wedding was absolutely amazing thanks to Stacey. She was on top of every detail. She went above and beyond what I could have ever asked of her. Everything was set up just the way I wanted it. She was very punctual and made sure we started on time and ran on schedule so we could get the most of our day and enjoy time with our family. She even went as far as to pick up my father in law as he was walking along the ocean to join us to get announced into the room. She was by my side at the right moments to help me have the best day ever. I would recommend the Elks and Stacey to any bride looking for that perfect space by the ocean to celebrate their big day.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Meghan · Married on 08/17/2013

We loved it and Stacey did an amazing job

Sent on 09/05/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/10/2013

Stacey dexter is hands on, very easy to deal with and incredibly accommodating. could not find a better director and planner.The view was amazing and day went off perfectly.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/09/2013

I highly recommend the Elks at Bass Rocks as a wedding venue. Not only is the venue absolutely amazing but it comes with an incredible event director Stacey Dexter. I cannot began to say enough about how she made my whole wedding experience one I will never forget. Stacey was always only a phone call or email away and would respond so quickly each time. She made even the most stressful wedding situations better and was so supportive of my husband and I. Stacey was so receptive to all of our dream wedding ideas and would also give her own recommendations to make our day the best it could be. At even the most stressful of times Stacey always put a smile on my face. She was easily approachable and was always there to help. The night before my wedding the forecast was looking grim, Stacey never lost hope and keep my spirits high. It did turn out that I needed to have my ceremony inside, but that day it didn't even matter. Stacey and her staff made the venue look gorgeous for my ceremony, the lighting was perfect, the flowers looks amazing and everyone loved it. To this day I receive comments from my guest about how amazing the ceremony was. I really cannot speak highly enough about Stacey and the Elks. If you are looking for a wedding venue on the ocean with gorgeous views in a beautiful beach town than the Elk is for you!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/26/2013

My husband and I had our reception at The Gloucester Elks at Bass Rocks Friday July 26, 2013. I would like to start off by saying everything truly exceeded my expectations, and the end result was flawless. However none of this could have happened without the event coordinator Stacey Dexter who was absolutely phenomenal. She has truly mastered the art of being an event coordinator. From the moment I met her, she made sure I was happy with every decision that was made. Stacey paid attention in a natural manner to every detail, and made sure the beginning, middle and end of the night went perfectly! She is a fabulous event director and I would truly recommend working with her, and having your event at the Elks at Bass Rocks.

Sent on 07/27/2013

Stacey Dexter is amazing! She handled all of the day's details with ease. Our guests raved about her professional and polished attitude. Because Stacey was on top of everything my husband and I were actually able to enjoy the day. We would highly recommend The Elks at Bass Rocks for a wedding or any other large gathering. The view is outstanding, the staff is great and the room's neutral palette is easy to work with. Thank you to Stacey, Bron and the whole crew at The Elks for making our wedding so beautiful and special!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Holly · Married on 07/19/2013

The Elks and Stacy were terrific in helping to ensure that my wedding day was perfect. The communication was always prompt and helpful, and I couldn't have been more pleased. Thank you for everything.
    Holly Corrigan

Sent on 07/30/2013

Julie · Married on 07/12/2013

Our wedding at The Elks at Bass Rocks was amazing. We were so happy we chose the venue we did...it was perfect!
    Stacey was also wonderful to work with. She worked with us for a year and a half and was so incredibly helpful the entire time!!! She made the whole planning process, which is usually stressful, a breeze!!!
    I am still having guests tell us what a great time they had at our wedding!!!

Sent on 08/02/2013

A · Married on 07/06/2013

We had our wedding on Saturday, July 6, at the Elks at Bass Rocks. Our guests came from near and far and all were blown away by the beautiful views and sunset. Stacey and her team are excellent, sweet, and fun! They truly wanted us to have a great wedding. They have thought of everything that will help you throughout planning and they made sure our night went perfectly every step of the way.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Colleen · Married on 06/29/2013

We had our reception at the Elks at Bass Rocks. Everything was perfect and we highly recommend it to future brides! Stacey Dexter the event coordinator is super on top of things and kept in contact with me during the planning period. She recommended a lot of our other vendors and her recommendations were all fabulous! The view from the Elks is beautiful and our pictures over the rocks were great-- an amazing place to get married!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Carolyn · Married on 06/28/2013

Stacey was there every step of the way to help and always with a big smile.

Sent on 07/29/2013

Kristina · Married on 06/08/2013

Stacey was the most amazing and attentive event coordinator! She has been a huge help since day one and has gone above and beyond to help make my day as perfect as it was. Everyone kept commenting how organized, helpful and overly accommodating that Stacey was and I couldn't have been happier. I would highly recommend any brides-to-be to pick the elks as their gorgeous wedding venue.

-Kristina & Scott.

Sent on 06/09/2013

The Elks eras amazing! An amazing backdrop to a perfect day. The event coordinator, Stacey, was fabulous and kept everything on track! She was amazing about answering all of my questions during the entire process!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Terry · Married on 12/16/2012

While some people may turn their noses up at the Elks, I think they are missing out on a perfect wedding location, directly across the street from the ocean, with no obstructed views. The building and the reception room are well maintained and during our wedding, you could see the water during our ceremony as well as during the reception while we were dancing. it almost felt like we were on a cruise ship because of the positioning of the windows. In warmer weather you can do the wedding outside. BUT, the best thing about it is the service. Particularly Stacey Dexter who is the wedding coordinator. she is down to earth, flexible, warm and friendly AND she just does a fabulous job keeping on top of things. You get the feeling she really cares about doing a good job and making sure your special day is in fact, special. I encourage all brides to be to check it out, and their rates are very reasonable. You have a choice of caterers and vendors and the Elks has made sure your choices are top notch.

Sent on 03/31/2013

Marisa · Married on 11/17/2012

My only regret is that the wedding is over! We were looking for something large enough to accommodate our guest list (my dad's family is HUGE), something that would look great (we've been to lots of weddings over the past few years, all at fancy hotels in Boston, beautiful exclusive resorts, etc.), and something that wasn't going to completely deplete our savings account (with the exception of a few things, we paid for the wedding ourselves)-enter the Elks at Bass Rocks, and Stacey Dexter. The venue itself is gorgeous!
    We did the planning, organizing, and design ourselves and most venues would not let us do some things that were must-haves for us. Within minutes of talking with Stacey, and seeing the venue, we felt at ease. She not only assured us that we could do the things we had envisioned, but she encouraged us throughout the whole process! We did most of the decorations, details on our own (centerpieces, place cards/table numbers, lighting, DJ, photographer, etc.) Stacey was there offering smart, helpful advice the whole time and helped us set everything up the night before and morning of; she helped with sanity-checks throughout the days and weeks leading up to the wedding, and genuinely put us at ease. She was literally there with us at 10PM the night before, helping us get everything organized and offering kind encouragement that helped calm us down and allow us to really enjoy the wedding and the hours leading up to the wedding. We could not have done it without her!! Another thing that really helped is all of the vendors she recommends. Anything she suggested, from something as major as the caterer, to the minimal details like the nail salon was spot on.

Sent on 11/25/2012

Brianna · Married on 11/03/2012

My husband Peter and I had our wedding at the Elks last November and had a wonderful experience working with Stacey Dexter and Bronwen McKenzie who helped make sure everything went smoothly. They helped set up all of our specific handmade and vintage decorations perfectly. It was my dream wedding and we couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous location and better team to work with! Aside from having my own wedding there, I am also a professional photographer who has worked with The Elks on numerous occasions. The Elks is a fabulous location and great team of people to work alongside. I will continue to recommend this venue to my clients.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Maria · Married on 09/14/2012

We had our reception at the Elks. Stacy the event coordinator was beyond amazing! She was so attentive and professional yet she had a very caring nature. The venue was of course gorgeous and having her there to coordinate everything brought our entire wedding full circle. She was absolutely phenomenal and I would not have wanted anyone else in charge of our wedding. She was there from day 1 explaining details and was completely flexible when we ran into small issues. I love Stacy to death and even my family would not stop talking about how amazing she is. I am so thankful we had our reception at the Elks. It was the most amazing night of our lives!! We love you Stacy...thank you for EVERYTHING!!!

Sent on 09/17/2012

jacqueline · Married on 09/08/2012

The elks was beautiful!! I was so happy with the way everything turned out! You can't beat the view.....all you see is the ocean! Uplighting from c-zone made it more beautiful! Stacy was very helpful and made the night flow very nicely! I love looking at all te pictures! Everyone is still telling me how perfect everything was!

Sent on 10/05/2012

This place is GORGEOUS. It is right on the ocean and was the most reasonably priced venue from Maine to CT, trust me I looked at everything. The interior is nice, the windows are big and look out on the ocean. The chairs are gold chivari - at no extra cost which is a HUGE bonus. The rest of the decor is neutral enough to fit any decor. I had my wedding on the lawn in front of the building. The only con was that there was a road between the ceremony and the ocean, but it wasn't an issue for me. Traffic is surprisingly not very heavy.

My coordinator was Stacey. She was great. She was willing to be flexible and help me with everything. She let me store decorations in her office the day before, she let me borrow an easel to put my espresso menu on, she acts as a DOC which is included in the rental cost, she will help with the ceremony setup by placing tablecloths and flowers.

This place is great, just make sure to book as early as possible!

Sent on 12/11/2012
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/24/2012

When the mother-of-the-groom suggested that we get married at "The Elks" we immediately pictured a crusty old lodge behind a town hall with cramped parking, a dingy little room with animal hides on the wall.

We couldn't have been further from reality. The Elks at Bass Rocks is painting-above-the-fireplace picturesque, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Gloucester. Any season, event or time of day, it provides the absolute greatest value.

1. It's truly breathtaking -- you cannot find a better backdrop for your reception. And you can host your ceremony on the front lawn just steps from the ocean.

2. Stacey Dexter is a wedding planner/coordinator/director nonpareil. Her experience, skills and personality allow your rehearsal and wedding day to run smoothly.

3. The liquor/bar costs are less than any other location. Consider that an open bar for 150 people for 4.5 hours came in around $2500.

Overall, the value of The Elks at Bass Rocks simply cannot be beat. A breathtaking location, an inexpensive bar and an included wedding coordinator ... your wedding will be unforgettable, and you'll have so much money left over you can take an extra week on your honeymoon!

Our wedding was truly all that we had hoped for, and in large part due to The Elks at Bass Rocks and Stacey Dexter.

Sent on 07/14/2012

Crystal · Married on 06/22/2012

The Elks is such an amazing place to have a wedding. You cant beat the view! Inside is so elegant with a nice big dance floor :) Stacey is beyond excellent. She helped me feel calm even during the big day. There wasnt a single question i didnt feel comfortable asking her. i am so thankful i found out about the Elks. All of my guests had a blast and found it to be absolutely perfect!
    Thanks again Stacey! I will never forget you and all the special time we had together
    Love
    ~Crystal

Sent on 07/13/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2012

My husband said it all above, but I just wanted to reiterate, this was amazing. Thank you so much Stacey!

Sent on 06/18/2012

We were married at The Elks at Bass Rocks this past June and couldn't be happier with our choice. The venue fit 120 guests perfectly. The large wrap-around windows provide guests with a gorgeous ocean view and really opens up the room. The venue was very clean, freshly painted with recently renovated bathrooms. The event director was extremely helpful and attentive to our needs. She had our tables set up with our decorations beautifully and really helped the day to move along smoothly. I didn't feel that I had to stress about anything on my wedding day. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Kathleen · Married on 03/17/2012

The Elks was a perfect place to get married. I had my ceremony and wedding photos overlooking the ocean and they came out beautifully. Stacy is amazing. She took care of everything and made sure I had a great time and that everything turned out perfect.

Sent on 05/15/2012

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, Kathleen! The Elks at Bass Rocks loved having your friends and family here! With all of the St.Patrick's Day touches, the bagpiper, the pots of four leaf clovers, gold coins, green beer, boiled dinner...it was so amazing. I appreciate your comments so much and wish you and Mike all the best for your future!! Cheers!

Christine · Married on 05/14/2011

Amazing, amazing! Kelly was absolutely fabulous..was always there, to answer any questions..we went a million times to look at the hall..It was the best day of our lives hands down..everyone who attended our wedding was stunned by the Elks..how beautiful it was.how warm the room was, the view...I could go on forever...I would suggest this venue to ANYONE looking for a gorgeous location, on the water, with an amazing coordinator in Kelly!

Sent on 06/07/2011