91 Reviews for The Elks at Bass Rocks

Barware (4)
Wheelchair Access (3)
Parking (2)
91 The Elks at Bass Rocks Reviews

I’m so happy that we picked The Elks at Bass Rocks as our wedding venue. Our wedding was perfect! Emily and Brittany were so organized, leaving me with nothing to worry about from the time I arrived to get ready all the way through the end of the night when all of my stuff was packed for me and ready to go. They were always responsive whenever I had a question during the planning process. The beautiful views, the excellent service, and the reasonable price tag make this the perfect spot to get married!

Profile Picture Kristal, 7/15/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware

I got married on May 19, 2017. Emily and Taylor did a great job ! The venue was clean and neat and the views were breathtaking! The bartender was so kind and attentive to everyone especially the bridal party. I had an emergency prior to the ceremony and Emily left the venue went to the store and made my emergency just a bump in the road. For the rest of the night Emily was there even if I just needed to break away to the bridal suite for a break. She worked her tail off and I can't thank her enough! They have recently updated the function room with hardwood floors and additional lighting everything was just perfect! This place is becoming an us hidden gem for those that want the ocean background but class of Boston without the cost! I highly recommend the venue!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We had the best service from Taylor before and throughout our wedding day. She was extremely helpful and friendly. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Profile Picture Kristine, 5/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Elks is such an amazing place to get married! The location, the view, the interior, the value, everything you need to have a perfect Cape Ann wedding. Taylor is a great event coordinator--very organized and friendly. She helped everything go smoothly. Our out of town guests especially were extremely impressed by how beautiful the venue is! We are so happy we chose to have our ceremony and reception at the Elks!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Elks Club at Bass rocks gave me the perfect wedding. Taylor did an amazing job setting up and was very accommodating with the Dj and the caterer. Many if my guests told me it was one of the best weddings they having ever been to. They asked if Wes and I could get married again because it was such a great time. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Renee, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I had our wedding here. The location was better than I ever imagined. We took our photos on the rocks and they were stunning. The staff was very friendly and professional making sure we were on time. There was no stress at all and all of our guests had so much fun!

Profile Picture Marc, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I had our wedding reception here on October 1. We absolutely loved it!! from the first tour of the venue to our wedding exit, everything was perfect. Our day of coordinator, Taylor, was fabulous!! During our planning process, she was quick to respond to our emails, she offered suggestions and helped us through every part of the nigh. Then She checked in with us multiple times during The reception to make sure everything was okay! And although it rained on our wedding day, the rain made the Atlantic Room even more welcoming, inviting and fun. All in all, our wedding at the Elks was a BLAST!!! ??????

Profile Picture MaryEllen, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We are so happy with our experience at The Elks at Bass Rocks! Deborah was a pleasure to work with made things easy from the beginning. They were very organized and clear in what they needed from us. We dropped all our decorations off a few days before the reception and they did a fantastic job of setting everything up! Looked better than I could imagine! The venue has a beautiful view of the ocean and had a great spot on the rocks that made for gorgeous photos!

Profile Picture Paula, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Taylor and Deborah at the Elks at Bass Rocks were essential for ensuring our wedding went off without a hitch! They were very responsive, helpful and friendly throughout the whole process! The venue is gorgeous and the caterer we chose was great too. Highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Stacia, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing experience at a beautiful location! Deborah and Taylor ensured that we had an incredible reception from day one. From expert vendor recommendations (all our vendors were recommended by Deborah) to flexible coordination (I planned the wedding from out of the country) to a smooth and perfect event, I couldn't ask for a better experience and I would definitely do it all over again!

Profile Picture Virginia, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The elks was an amazing wedding venue. The view was breathtaking and the staff was so friendly and helpful though everything it made my wedding go so smoothly. And not to mention how they took my scattered notes and boxes of decorations and put them Into a gorgeous display that came out even better than I imagined it to. Also, they did everything in their power to make the day go as smoothly and less stressful as possible for me. When my clumsy husband stepped on my dress and ripped it 5 minutes before our first dance they wasted no time helping to pin it up with safety pins, and did a fantastic job at that to. I really couldn't have had a better experience!

Profile Picture Victoria, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Elks was absolutely beautiful!! I couldn't have asked for a better place! Deborah was amazing!!! I could not say enough good things about her or the venue!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose the Elks at Bass Rocks for the beautiful location. The day of my wedding it rained but Deborah knew how much I want that outdoor wedding. When the rain stopped she was out there wiping off everything so we could have our dream wedding. The location was beautiful, the amazing people we worked with were organized and listened to everything I said and made it happen. My bridal party still talks about how amazing Deborah was. I would 100% have another event here. Vow renewal in a few years??

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/11/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had my wedding at the Elks Bass Rocks on 4/30/2016. Everything was absolutely perfect. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting or more attentive service. Deborah is the absolute best. She was very helpful, responsive and professional. Our family and friends haven't stopped talking about how fun and gorgeous our wedding was. Best wedding ever!! I would and do recommend the Elks at Bass Rocks a million times over.

Profile Picture Kate, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I love The Elks at Bass Rocks! We had our dream wedding at an unbeatable price. The beauty of the venue is unmatched--ocean view, right down the road from Good Harbor beach! The staff, namely the wedding coordinator Deborah King is fantastic! Deborah knows what she's doing, and made our night go smoothly (from making sure we ate, to encouraging us to take more photos during the "golden hour" of light)! She even packed up all our belongings and helped us tie up all lose ends. If you want an ocean wedding, fun night, and knowledgeable staff--choose THE ELKS. You and your guests will be just as impressed as we are!

Profile Picture Sigourney, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding reception at the Elks at Bass Rocks. The oceanfront views were incredible and our guests had an amazing time. The venue easily accommodated our 130 guests comfortably with room for both dancing and socializing. Deborah, the event coordinator, made sure everything went smoothly for us on our wedding day. We dropped off all of our decorations and centerpiece materials the day before and she did such a nice job putting it all together so that we didn't have to. She was very attentive throughout the entire planning process and made me feel confident that there would be no unexpected issues to deal with on the day of the wedding. She thought of everything, even things I didn't think of! I cannot stress enough that this place is a hidden gem in a world of expensive wedding venues and you will not be disappointed if you choose to have your wedding here!

Profile Picture Maura, 3/12/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning

The Elks at Bass Rocks was an amazing place to have our wedding ceremony and reception, even in November. Regardless of the season, the view of the ocean is beautiful. The venue is lined with big windows that allow you to feel as though you're outside while still enjoying the indoor comforts. The layout was perfect with a slightly elevated floor to oversee everything and plenty of space. The event director, Deborah King, was amazing during our wedding and ensured that everything went well and smoothly. She was always willing to work with us with whatever we wanted to do and offered really good suggestions. She was on point with everything and easy to communicate with. There's no doubt that our wedding went so well because of her efforts and help. We would definitely recommend this venue for other weddings, no matter the season.

Profile Picture User6112602, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor

What an outstanding day! The facility is first rate, the view is amazing and enough cannot be said about Deborah who runs the events. Wedding days can be stress filled to say the least, but Deborah has a way of assuring everyone involved that everything will be okay and the result is a wonderful and very memorable occasion. **Highly Recommended**

Profile Picture Jon, 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Event Planning

The Elks at Bass Rocks is a Hidden Jewel. Deborah was the most amazing wedding Coordinator, and she helped to make our dream wedding a reality. It could not have been more perfect, from the Outdoor Ceremony with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as the backdrop, to the amazing photos on the Rocks along the water, to the most amazing wedding reception following the ceremony. Not a detail was missed and Deborah kept the night flowing allowing us to enjoy our special day. Months later our Friends and Family are still taking about our Wedding at the Elks! We would Highly recommend this Wedding Venue!

Barbara and Greg

Profile Picture Barbara, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

Our wedding at the Elks on October 2nd was absolutely perfect! We worked with Deborah, and we couldn't have been happier with the entire process - her experience in the wedding industry is invaluable! She was available whenever we had a question and always kept our best interests in mind. On the day of the wedding, the weather was absolutely horrible, and Deborah called me first thing in the morning to talk about moving our ceremony inside. I was obviously bummed because the view and ceremony location outside is one of the major reasons we fell in love with this venue - but Deborah assured me it would still be great. In the end, the set up for our ceremony inside was still absolutely beautiful, and being inside made for a much more intimate and cozy experience for everyone. Plus, the waves crashing on the rocks out the window behind us still made for a great view!

We had a very dark/Nightmare Before Christmas-ish theme for our wedding, and we dropped all of our quirky decorations off the day before. Deborah and her staff set everything up perfectly and truly made the place ours! Despite the weather, our wedding day was an absolute dream and a night we'll never forget! I would recommend the Elks in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a beautiful (and affordable!) wedding by the ocean!

Profile Picture Jennelle, 10/2/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

The Elks at Bass Rocks was the perfect venue for our wedding. Deborah took care of everything, and it came out even more beautiful than I imagined. She was right on point with everything and made sure that we had a perfect day. Deborah was wonderful to work with and really knows what she is doing. She truly made our wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture Rachael, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Elks was the perfect venue for our wedding. We are a same-sex couple living in Edmond, OK, and love the town of Gloucester. When we decided to get married, same-sex marriage was not legal in Oklahoma, which didn't really matter because we were determined to get married in Gloucester. Even though we obviously live far away, we were able to send Jolie's mother and aunt there to check it out for us. We communicated frequently with Deborah King, The Elks event coordinator, who helped us book the venue and make all the arrangements. Deborah was extremely professional and eager to assist us, with her number one desire being to help us have the perfect wedding. She also coordinated with our caterer, gave us an itinerary, and stayed in contact with us during our 9 or so months of planning. The weather cooperated perfectly for our outdoor ceremony, and the venue was perfect. Deborah led us through rehearsal the evening before, kept us on task, and did most of the decorating the evening of our wedding. She was always right there when someone needed something, from decorating to photos to the caterers, DJ, guests, dinner, clean up. The venue and view is absolutely beautiful, the people are very kind, the upstairs brides room is super functional. Top that off with the wonderful assistance and personality of Deborah King and it's a must-have venue!

Profile Picture Jolie, 7/2/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

Our wedding was held here in June 2015. The Elks Wedding Coordinator, Deborah, was excellent! At our 8 week out meeting, all my worries were put to bed. Deborah and the caterer (Creative Catering) were pro's and already had answers for my list of questions. They have seen it all, so had lots of advice and tips for us! Most of the correspondence with the Elk's is via email, but Deborah was pretty good about answering the mail. The rehearsal went smoothly - although on the day of the wedding, I don't think anyone was prepared for the high energy level of all the guests! Deborah did a fantastic job, trying to get guests to take their seats so we could start on time - but it was a battle! Dancing started as soon as the first note was played (Band - Brandy) - and it didn't stop all night! Our wedding day was better than I could have ever imagined it to be! Deborah was on top of everything throughout the night (decorating the hall including lights on railings, taking care of late gift cards, keeping track of open bar limits, guests that were having a little bit too much fun, rallying the bridal party for introductions, and probably more that I still don't know about!). I am still getting compliments on the facility and how beautiful it was. You can't beat the ocean view and the pictures we had taken across the street on the rocks are amazing! You may think that a ceremony out front may be distracting with the cars going by - but I really didn't notice it (until one car beeped and congratulated us as we were doing our vows). The one think to know about the Elks is that there is no drinking alcohol outside on the deck. Because it is an Elks, the drinks are less pricier though than a hotel bar would be, which helps with an open bar.

Profile Picture Donna, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gorgeous venue, right on the water.

Profile Picture Amy, 4/25/15, 2 Reviews