The Atlantic Ocean Room at The Elks Bass Rocks Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Belinda T. Married on 04/23/2022

Beautiful venue awesome staff

We had to rebook our wedding due to covid and we had an old coordinator I believe her name was Emily then we were introduced to Kimberly and man was she a dream to work with. She was very responsive to emails calls and or texts she knew every answer to our questions. She made our day a dream come true. Kimberly definitely deserves a raise! The location is perfect and the view wow is all I got say the view is stunning!

The Atlantic Ocean Room at The Elks Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you, Belinda. You were a dream to work with as well. WE had some great laughs and memories to last a lifetime. I wish you and Pat a very long and happy marriage and can't wait to work with both of you again.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie M. Married on 10/09/2021

Gloucester’s hidden Gem

We toured this venue back in September 2019 for our wedding we planned to have in 11.07.20…the venue is beautiful, right on the ocean! We paid our deposit that week and I got to planning the wedding we always wanted! Fast forward to March 2020 and the pandemic made us question if our wedding was even going to happen…I reached out to the event manager and was able to change our wedding date to the following year: fortunately, we were able to keep the same pricing, even though we moved our wedding into “peak season.” It proves how willing this venue is to accommodate their customers and keep the process as smooth as possible! It definitely helped make an extremely stressful situation significantly less stressful for us! Kimberley is the new event director and started a few months before our wedding, but it didn’t seem like that- she was very attentive and knew what she was doing, which we were very grateful for! If you express what you want, she will deliver it and more! The venue is very affordable, which you won’t find anywhere else in Gloucester…especially on the ocean! 10/10 would recommend! Thank you!!

The Atlantic Ocean Room at The Elks Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie. You, Matt, and your entire family and wedding party were so much fun to work with. I hope you have a wonderful future and hope our paths cross again soon.
  • Wendy
    Wendy E. Married on 09/18/2021

Absolutely amazing! Book them now!

Absolutely stunning venue, wonderful coordinator, exceptional vendors, a perfect setup for the BEST DAY EVER! Kimberley was the best coordinator for the venue and answered all my questions with ease and kindness. She made my day so special. The venue is so beautiful, affordable, and absolutely wonderful. We loved it and would highly recommend it!
  • Amelia-Lyn
    Amelia-Lyn W. Married on 09/03/2021

Great Location and Awesome Staff

We had our wedding at the Atlantic Room at the Elks at Bass Rocks on September 3, 2021. Kimberley and the entire staff there were beyond fantastic. She made sure that everything ran smoothly from the time that we selected that venue. She is extremely hands-on throughout the process and whether it was a last minute lay-out change for the seating or the fact that I called her about two hours before the ceremony to find a makeup artist as mine had to cancel due to an emergency. She and the entire staff are consummate professionals. Everyone raved about the food by Creative Catering which is one of their preferred vendors, and she and Lori worked seamlessly. I simply can not thank everyone enough for an amazing day and would absolutely recommend The Atlantic Room for a wedding or any other type of function.

The Atlantic Ocean Room at The Elks Bass Rocks's reply:

Amelia and Arnold, thank you so much for the wonderful review.
    You were amazing to work with and I had the pleasure of building a lasting friendship with you both. I truly hope to plan another event with you in the near future.
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne B. Married on 04/16/2021

Extremely Helpful

Emily has been a calming person in this time of chaos. Keeps in contact so that you can be prepared. Most gorgeous backdrop of the Atlantic Ocean through all the windows.
    Lauren Married on 01/06/2021

Wonderful experience

I booked the Elks at Bass Rocks for my wedding venue back in January 2019! My wedding date would have been June 13, 2020, however, we postponed it because of covid. The Elks has been so fantastic with all the wedding changes during this tough time; they have made the process so easy and not stressful at all! My fiance and I are so excited to be having our wedding at the Elks in the upcoming months!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful venue with a wonderful coordinator!

We had an amazing wedding at the Elks! Emily was super helpful throughout the process. The planning form she had us fill out was helpful in seeing what our day would look like and made it easier to communicate with our other vendors regarding the day of timeline. We had some questionable weather leading up to our big day, but Emily assured us it would be beautiful no matter what and that we could make the call shortly before the start of the ceremony. Thankfully the rain stopped and we were able to have it outside and she made sure the seats were dry for our guests. If you book this venue between the views and the help of Emily you won’t be disappointed!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 08/16/2019

The Elks at Bass Rocks is the best!

We are sooo happy we decided to book The Elks at Bass Rocks as our wedding venue! You cannot beat this view and this location for the price. I can’t say enough good things about the event coordinator, Emily. She was absolutely amazing and went out of her way for us since the very beginning. She was always so quick to respond to questions and anything we needed. From referring me to the best photographer around, to helping me find a last minute EmCee a week before my wedding, Emily went above and beyond for us so that our day would be perfect! We had a family friend as our DJ who wasn’t as experienced on the wedding side of things, and Emily made sure everything ran smoothly and handled the whole night with so much grace and professionalism that none of our guests realized there was anything going wrong. My husband and I got so many compliments about the Elks and the location and how beautiful it is! Any couple/family looking for an affordable Oceanside venue with a million dollar view, The Elks at Bass Rocks has to be your spot!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly Married on 08/03/2019

What a view

I am amazed at everything about this venue! When I started planning 2 years ago I never imagined how beautiful outside would be with my decor and what the inside would looks like with al lot decor. From the first time I met with Emily and Brittany, I knew that I would have an amazing night. I am lost for words but want to thank everyone who helped set up and made my night the most memorable one ever! You are all amazing!!!!
  • Casi
    Casi A. Married on 08/03/2019

Perfection

We searched far and wide for a wedding venue. When we turned down Atlantic Rd. In Gloucester to go see the Elks in March we knew we had to have our wedding there. We met with Emily who was so incredibly pleasant and accommodating. She has these events down to a science, and although only some of our wedding party was at the rehearsal, she directed everything and it went off without a hitch.
    The venue is breathtaking. I do not think there is a better ocean view in Massachusetts. It is clean, modern, and reasonably priced. We hired Vinwood as our caterer, and we also give them 5 stars but that's a different review.
    I am still in awe at the beauty of this place. I recommend it so highly.
  • Brianna
    Brianna Married on 06/08/2019

The Most Beautiful Wedding!

This is one of the most beautiful locations on the North Shore to get married, and one of the most reasonable in price! We couldn’t have been happier with our entire experience. Emily was fantastic to work with, and made sure every last detail was perfect for our wedding day. On the day of, Britney and her assistant made sure everything ran smoothly! Thank you to the entire team for making our wedding day one we will never forget!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 05/19/2019

Book your wedding here!

If you're looking to get married on the New England coast, don't look ant further. Emily at the Elks was so easy to work with and went the extra mile when we had a couple of last minute issues. She made sure everything went the way we asked for it to and worked with a slew of independent vendors to make it all come together. The venue is so convenient and the views are beautiful. You cannot beat the price and what is included - believe me, I looked everywhere. Though we didn't stay at them ourselves, our guests raved about the hotels right next door as well. Do yourself a favor, take lots of stress off your shoulders, and pick this place!
    Brittany Married on 10/06/2018

Successful Wedding

We got married on October 6, 2018. Between the view and the staff, the venue was perfect for our day. We got married outdoors on the lawn and had our reception inside. Emily was always very helpful and responsive when we reached out with questions. She made sure that all of the venders worked together to help our day go smoothly. Britney helped set everything up on the day of our wedding and coordinated our day. Between the two of them the day went well and without any hiccups.
    Shannon M. Married on 09/29/2018

Hidden Gem!

The Elks at Bass Rocks is an AMAZING place for a wedding! You cannot beat the view. Emily & Brittney were great to work with. They answered any & every question we had along the way and they went above and beyond to make sure we had the best day ever. HIGHLY recommend!!
    Susan Married on 09/29/2018
    Cant say enough about how professional and wonderful Emily and her staff were at my daughters bridal shower this past weekend.It was a picture perfect day they were by my side every step of the way ensuring that nothing could possibly go wrong.The space was immaculate the view spectacular I highly recommend the Elks for any functions they are amazing Emily you are the best Thank you thank you
    Mary Married on 08/31/2018
    We just had our wedding at the Elks on 8/31/18 and the day was absolutely magical. All of our guests still talk about how beautiful the wedding was and how breathtaking the view is! Emily, the coordinator is so professional, so sweet and is amazing at what she does! She put together my decor exactly how I envisioned it and everything looked perfect. She was so patient when we ran a little bit behind and when we realized I had forgotten some things at home (I live about an hour and a half away) and improvised the best she could! She made sure every detail was taken care of and also made sure myself and the groom ate! If you are looking for the perfect beach front venue, look no further! Best venue, best view, and best staff! I wish I could give 100 stars!
    Courtney Married on 08/11/2018
    The Elks was one of the best choices we made when planning our wedding! Emily, Rose and the whole team nailed it from start to finish. Our guests were blown away by the view from the rocks, and the wedding party was able to spread out and relax in the bridal lounge upstairs. The reception room itself has little details like chandeliers, hardwood floors, and huge windows that give it a high-end feel. Emily was so patient with our many questions and requests, especially in the chaos of the week leading up to the wedding day. They also accommodated our request for a specific beer and the bartenders made delicious signature cocktails. We also had a nontraditional ceremony, which Rose made happen without missing a beat, plus her calm, positive attitude was much appreciated in moments of stress. We are so lucky to have found this place and couldn't have asked for anything better!
    Haley Married on 06/08/2018
    June 8, 2018 was a day that I will NEVER forget! The Elks at Bass Rocks was the place for us without a doubt! Working with Emily was absolutely amazing! She answered every single one of my 1,000,000 questions and went out of her way multiple times to accommodate us with setting up! I could not have asked for a smoother or more beautiful wedding day! The Elks at Bass rocks is definitely the most beautiful place for an ocean front wedding ceremony and reception! My guests were stunned by the view! Absolutely perfect!

Thank you so much Emily!
    Sandra Married on 05/12/2018
    Highly recommend the Elks! Beautiful view, space is great! Emily was beyond helpful with absolutely everything, she's the best!
    Elizabeth Married on 04/28/2018
    We had the best day ever at our wedding at The Elks at Bass Rocks! Such a beautiful venue with the best ocean views in Gloucester by far ! (Best spot for your bridal party photos). Emily did an amazing job coordinating our wedding and making sure everything was perfect. Our guests were so impressed with the venue and everyone had such a fun time. ( You can't beat the price either!). We loved The Elks venue and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. You will not be disappointed!
    Ariel Married on 04/21/2018
    The Elks at Bass Rocks was the perfect venue for our wedding! The ocean views are spectacular, and the price really can't be beat (especially if you have an off-season wedding). We were able to take phenomenal photos down on the rocks with our wedding party.
    The building itself has a clean and classic interior, and has great space and plenty of room for guest tables, gift table, a DJ/dance floor, and buffet. This place does NOT look like an Elks club. I love that the venue has a bridal suite that the bride and wedding party can access before and during the wedding. That made getting ready easy and allowed us to get some great "last looks" photos.
    The staff at the Elks are all amazing too! Emily is a true superstar! She not only helped coordinate everything so that our wedding day ran smoothly, but she also served as a go-between with vendors, and really saved the day when our caterer attempted to increase our cost per person 10 days before our wedding. Having Emily made it feel like we'd hired a wedding planner, and resulted in a seamless and stress-free wedding day. She is a true professional who excels at her job.
    Rose was also a great help to us day-of, as was the bar staff who not only kept up with the demands of an open bar at a 150 person wedding, but also made custom cocktails for our special day. The bar pricing is also very affordable--we were worried about the price tag for an open bar, but at the end of the night we came in significantly below our expected budget.
    Things that might be deal-breakers for some: the front lawn where the ceremony takes place is narrow, so the processional walk-way is short. Because the front lawn is along a road, you will likely have a few cars drive by during your ceremony. Also, there is a bar for Elks members upstairs, but we didn't really have any cross-over w/them. None of this was an issue and it was fun when cars honked or people said congratulations.
    All in all, we had a wonderful experience with this venue!
    Sarah Married on 04/14/2018
    The price was great. They are very organized and always available to speak. We had to change our date to match with my school schedule and it wasn't a problem at all. The venue set up is wonderful, and the view of the ocean makes it even better! They also have an area for the bridal party to get ready! We are so excited to hold our wedding here!
    Jayme Married on 10/14/2017
    Having our wedding at the Elks at Bass Rocks was the best decision we made! Emily was amazing to work with. She was patient, understanding and knowledgeable. It was a night we will never forget!
    Kristal Married on 07/15/2017
    I’m so happy that we picked The Elks at Bass Rocks as our wedding venue. Our wedding was perfect! Emily and Brittany were so organized, leaving me with nothing to worry about from the time I arrived to get ready all the way through the end of the night when all of my stuff was packed for me and ready to go. They were always responsive whenever I had a question during the planning process. The beautiful views, the excellent service, and the reasonable price tag make this the perfect spot to get married!