The Elks at Bass Rocks Reviews

99 | Gloucester, MA

99 Reviews for The Elks at Bass Rocks

99 The Elks at Bass Rocks Reviews

SUSAN · Married on 09/29/2018

Cant say enough about how professional and wonderful Emily and her staff were at my daughters bridal shower this past weekend.It was a picture perfect day they were by my side every step of the way ensuring that nothing could possibly go wrong.The space was immaculate the view spectacular I highly recommend the Elks for any functions they are amazing Emily you are the best Thank you thank you

Mary · Married on 08/31/2018

We just had our wedding at the Elks on 8/31/18 and the day was absolutely magical. All of our guests still talk about how beautiful the wedding was and how breathtaking the view is! Emily, the coordinator is so professional, so sweet and is amazing at what she does! She put together my decor exactly how I envisioned it and everything looked perfect. She was so patient when we ran a little bit behind and when we realized I had forgotten some things at home (I live about an hour and a half away) and improvised the best she could! She made sure every detail was taken care of and also made sure myself and the groom ate! If you are looking for the perfect beach front venue, look no further! Best venue, best view, and best staff! I wish I could give 100 stars!

The Elks at Bass Rocks 2
    The Elks at Bass Rocks 3
    The Elks at Bass Rocks 4
    The Elks at Bass Rocks 5
    The Elks at Bass Rocks 6

Courtney · Married on 08/11/2018

The Elks was one of the best choices we made when planning our wedding! Emily, Rose and the whole team nailed it from start to finish. Our guests were blown away by the view from the rocks, and the wedding party was able to spread out and relax in the bridal lounge upstairs. The reception room itself has little details like chandeliers, hardwood floors, and huge windows that give it a high-end feel. Emily was so patient with our many questions and requests, especially in the chaos of the week leading up to the wedding day. They also accommodated our request for a specific beer and the bartenders made delicious signature cocktails. We also had a nontraditional ceremony, which Rose made happen without missing a beat, plus her calm, positive attitude was much appreciated in moments of stress. We are so lucky to have found this place and couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sandra · Married on 05/12/2018

Highly recommend the Elks! Beautiful view, space is great! Emily was beyond helpful with absolutely everything, she's the best!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2018

We had the best day ever at our wedding at The Elks at Bass Rocks! Such a beautiful venue with the best ocean views in Gloucester by far ! (Best spot for your bridal party photos). Emily did an amazing job coordinating our wedding and making sure everything was perfect. Our guests were so impressed with the venue and everyone had such a fun time. ( You can't beat the price either!). We loved The Elks venue and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

Ariel · Married on 04/21/2018

The Elks at Bass Rocks was the perfect venue for our wedding! The ocean views are spectacular, and the price really can't be beat (especially if you have an off-season wedding). We were able to take phenomenal photos down on the rocks with our wedding party.
    The building itself has a clean and classic interior, and has great space and plenty of room for guest tables, gift table, a DJ/dance floor, and buffet. This place does NOT look like an Elks club. I love that the venue has a bridal suite that the bride and wedding party can access before and during the wedding. That made getting ready easy and allowed us to get some great "last looks" photos.
    The staff at the Elks are all amazing too! Emily is a true superstar! She not only helped coordinate everything so that our wedding day ran smoothly, but she also served as a go-between with vendors, and really saved the day when our caterer attempted to increase our cost per person 10 days before our wedding. Having Emily made it feel like we'd hired a wedding planner, and resulted in a seamless and stress-free wedding day. She is a true professional who excels at her job.
    Rose was also a great help to us day-of, as was the bar staff who not only kept up with the demands of an open bar at a 150 person wedding, but also made custom cocktails for our special day. The bar pricing is also very affordable--we were worried about the price tag for an open bar, but at the end of the night we came in significantly below our expected budget.
    Things that might be deal-breakers for some: the front lawn where the ceremony takes place is narrow, so the processional walk-way is short. Because the front lawn is along a road, you will likely have a few cars drive by during your ceremony. Also, there is a bar for Elks members upstairs, but we didn't really have any cross-over w/them. None of this was an issue and it was fun when cars honked or people said congratulations.
    All in all, we had a wonderful experience with this venue!

The Elks at Bass Rocks 7

Sarah · Married on 04/14/2018

The price was great. They are very organized and always available to speak. We had to change our date to match with my school schedule and it wasn't a problem at all. The venue set up is wonderful, and the view of the ocean makes it even better! They also have an area for the bridal party to get ready! We are so excited to hold our wedding here!

Jayme · Married on 10/14/2017

Having our wedding at the Elks at Bass Rocks was the best decision we made! Emily was amazing to work with. She was patient, understanding and knowledgeable. It was a night we will never forget!

Kristal · Married on 07/15/2017

I’m so happy that we picked The Elks at Bass Rocks as our wedding venue. Our wedding was perfect! Emily and Brittany were so organized, leaving me with nothing to worry about from the time I arrived to get ready all the way through the end of the night when all of my stuff was packed for me and ready to go. They were always responsive whenever I had a question during the planning process. The beautiful views, the excellent service, and the reasonable price tag make this the perfect spot to get married!

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2017

I got married on May 19, 2017. Emily and Taylor did a great job ! The venue was clean and neat and the views were breathtaking! The bartender was so kind and attentive to everyone especially the bridal party. I had an emergency prior to the ceremony and Emily left the venue went to the store and made my emergency just a bump in the road. For the rest of the night Emily was there even if I just needed to break away to the bridal suite for a break. She worked her tail off and I can't thank her enough! They have recently updated the function room with hardwood floors and additional lighting everything was just perfect! This place is becoming an us hidden gem for those that want the ocean background but class of Boston without the cost! I highly recommend the venue!

Kristine · Married on 05/13/2017

We had the best service from Taylor before and throughout our wedding day. She was extremely helpful and friendly. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Kristen · Married on 04/22/2017

The Elks is such an amazing place to get married! The location, the view, the interior, the value, everything you need to have a perfect Cape Ann wedding. Taylor is a great event coordinator--very organized and friendly. She helped everything go smoothly. Our out of town guests especially were extremely impressed by how beautiful the venue is! We are so happy we chose to have our ceremony and reception at the Elks!

Renee · Married on 11/19/2016

The Elks Club at Bass rocks gave me the perfect wedding. Taylor did an amazing job setting up and was very accommodating with the Dj and the caterer. Many if my guests told me it was one of the best weddings they having ever been to. They asked if Wes and I could get married again because it was such a great time. I highly recommend them!

Marc · Married on 10/08/2016

My wife and I had our wedding here. The location was better than I ever imagined. We took our photos on the rocks and they were stunning. The staff was very friendly and professional making sure we were on time. There was no stress at all and all of our guests had so much fun!

MaryEllen · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception here on October 1. We absolutely loved it!! from the first tour of the venue to our wedding exit, everything was perfect. Our day of coordinator, Taylor, was fabulous!! During our planning process, she was quick to respond to our emails, she offered suggestions and helped us through every part of the nigh. Then She checked in with us multiple times during The reception to make sure everything was okay! And although it rained on our wedding day, the rain made the Atlantic Room even more welcoming, inviting and fun. All in all, our wedding at the Elks was a BLAST!!! ??????

Paula · Married on 09/18/2016

We are so happy with our experience at The Elks at Bass Rocks! Deborah was a pleasure to work with made things easy from the beginning. They were very organized and clear in what they needed from us. We dropped all our decorations off a few days before the reception and they did a fantastic job of setting everything up! Looked better than I could imagine! The venue has a beautiful view of the ocean and had a great spot on the rocks that made for gorgeous photos!

Stacia · Married on 09/10/2016

Taylor and Deborah at the Elks at Bass Rocks were essential for ensuring our wedding went off without a hitch! They were very responsive, helpful and friendly throughout the whole process! The venue is gorgeous and the caterer we chose was great too. Highly recommend this venue!

Virginia · Married on 09/03/2016

Amazing experience at a beautiful location! Deborah and Taylor ensured that we had an incredible reception from day one. From expert vendor recommendations (all our vendors were recommended by Deborah) to flexible coordination (I planned the wedding from out of the country) to a smooth and perfect event, I couldn't ask for a better experience and I would definitely do it all over again!

Sent on 09/16/2016

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you so much Virginia, So happy to hear that you had a wonderful time. I have seen some of your pictures and they are breathtaking! I wish you both so much love and luck! ~ Deborah

Victoria · Married on 08/13/2016

The elks was an amazing wedding venue. The view was breathtaking and the staff was so friendly and helpful though everything it made my wedding go so smoothly. And not to mention how they took my scattered notes and boxes of decorations and put them Into a gorgeous display that came out even better than I imagined it to. Also, they did everything in their power to make the day go as smoothly and less stressful as possible for me. When my clumsy husband stepped on my dress and ripped it 5 minutes before our first dance they wasted no time helping to pin it up with safety pins, and did a fantastic job at that to. I really couldn't have had a better experience!

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2016

The Elks was absolutely beautiful!! I couldn't have asked for a better place! Deborah was amazing!!! I could not say enough good things about her or the venue!!

Sent on 06/21/2016

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you Amanda, It was such a pleasure to work with the two of you! Best of luck! ~ Deborah

Courtney · Married on 06/11/2016

We chose the Elks at Bass Rocks for the beautiful location. The day of my wedding it rained but Deborah knew how much I want that outdoor wedding. When the rain stopped she was out there wiping off everything so we could have our dream wedding. The location was beautiful, the amazing people we worked with were organized and listened to everything I said and made it happen. My bridal party still talks about how amazing Deborah was. I would 100% have another event here. Vow renewal in a few years??

Kate · Married on 04/30/2016

We had my wedding at the Elks Bass Rocks on 4/30/2016. Everything was absolutely perfect. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful setting or more attentive service. Deborah is the absolute best. She was very helpful, responsive and professional. Our family and friends haven't stopped talking about how fun and gorgeous our wedding was. Best wedding ever!! I would and do recommend the Elks at Bass Rocks a million times over.

My husband and I love The Elks at Bass Rocks! We had our dream wedding at an unbeatable price. The beauty of the venue is unmatched--ocean view, right down the road from Good Harbor beach! The staff, namely the wedding coordinator Deborah King is fantastic! Deborah knows what she's doing, and made our night go smoothly (from making sure we ate, to encouraging us to take more photos during the "golden hour" of light)! She even packed up all our belongings and helped us tie up all lose ends. If you want an ocean wedding, fun night, and knowledgeable staff--choose THE ELKS. You and your guests will be just as impressed as we are!

Sent on 05/30/2016

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Sigourney! What a doll you are! I can't help but smile when I think of you. I hope the two of you are enjoying married life and all this life has to offer. Thanks again ~ Deborah

Maura · Married on 03/12/2016

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding reception at the Elks at Bass Rocks. The oceanfront views were incredible and our guests had an amazing time. The venue easily accommodated our 130 guests comfortably with room for both dancing and socializing. Deborah, the event coordinator, made sure everything went smoothly for us on our wedding day. We dropped off all of our decorations and centerpiece materials the day before and she did such a nice job putting it all together so that we didn't have to. She was very attentive throughout the entire planning process and made me feel confident that there would be no unexpected issues to deal with on the day of the wedding. She thought of everything, even things I didn't think of! I cannot stress enough that this place is a hidden gem in a world of expensive wedding venues and you will not be disappointed if you choose to have your wedding here!

Sent on 03/23/2016

The Elks at Bass Rocks's reply:

Thank you Maura, It's funny as I read these reviews I remember so much love and happiness that I have witnessed. I have to thank you all for allowing me to share in your special day with you. I wish you both so much love! ~Deborah