The Eldridge Hotel Reviews

9 | Lawrence, KS

9 Reviews for The Eldridge Hotel

Megen · Married on 01/10/2009

Wonderful. Working with everybody at The Eldridge, especially Joanna was so easy and fun. She made everything we asked possible and the reception came off wonderfully. Our venue was the Crystal Ballroom and it fit our 84 guest perfectly. If anyone is looking for a historic, beautiful venue with friendly and competent staff I highly recommend the Eldridge. They even gave us a substantial discount on the room rental for off season receptions so keep that in mind.

Sent on 02/04/2009

Caroline · Married on 09/13/2008

Everything was perfect. It was all organized so well, and the catering director we worked with thought of all of the things that we didn't! I would recommend them to anyone.

Also, the venue was beautiful. It was The Eldridge Extended, a newly rennovated building a block away from the main hotel. Our honeymoon suite was located right upstairs, and it was amazing.

Sent on 09/29/2008

Megan · Married on 05/01/2014

We stayed here the night of our wedding. It was a very nice room, and the bathroom/shower were huge. It was very clean and the staff was very helpful with checking in around our ceremony time. It was a bit pricey for the size of the room, but that's the only negative.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Lori · Married on 10/18/2008

Having our reception at The Eldridge was one of the best decisions we made. It was so nice to know that the staff was working for us. I didn't have to worry about all the little details like who will greet the vendors or who will set-up and clean-up. This enabled everyone to simply enjoy the day. The food was excellent and we received many complements.

Sent on 10/21/2008

Gretchen · Married on 10/21/2007

Joanna and her staff really took care of us from start to finish. The reception was set up beautifully despite how little direction I had given Joanna. Everything we needed/asked for was done. I highly recommend the Eldridge Hotel for a reception venue, especially the Crystal Ballroom. As a plus, the suites at the Eldridge are fantastic. The bathrooms are a bit small, but otherwise a great wedding night room.

Sent on 01/04/2008

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2015

We had only our ceremony at The Eldridge Hotel in the Crystal Ballroom. The space is beautiful and didn't require many decorations, which we loved. It also was a nice size for our 150 guests; it felt full but not too crowded. We worked with Whitney leading up to the wedding and with Katie the weekend of our wedding, and both were helpful with answering our questions and were flexible with some last-minute decisions we made. The staff was also accommodating, and we loved being able to use the hotel rooms to get ready before the ceremony. Overall, it was a great venue for our ceremony because of its history and what it offered to our out-of-town guests.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Elissa · Married on 09/26/2009

3.5

The Eldridge is a beautiful place for a reception. The wait staff during our even was awesome. When we had our food tasting we thought the food portions were great and the food presentation was great, but when we got our food at the reception it was nothing like what we had tasted. I would go for the buffet over the plated dinner since our guests were still hungry after dinner.

Sent on 10/14/2009

Amber · Married on 06/24/2006

3.2
      3.0
      3.0

The space is very beautiful and the food was good. There were certain requests that we made that didn't happen as smoothly as we would have liked. Our cake wasn't ready to be served on time. Also, we requested that Dr. Pepper be served (they were a coke facility), and there wasn't enough. They also didn't get the correct beer in a keg that we ordered. But the space was great, and so was the food. There were a few hiccups, but overall a good experience.

Sent on 01/13/2008

Daya · Married on 06/15/2013

1.2
      1.0

Horrible experience!! We could never get a straight answer about anything. The tables were not set up how I had asked and showed them. I had two centerpieces not even on tables. I had also asked to keep the remaining wedding cake because I knew we were not going to get a chance to have any. When I asked for it later, they informed me they threw it away. I never got a piece of my wedding cake. If you want an enjoyable experience go somewhere else!! Not worth it!!

Sent on 07/12/2013