The Dressing Room Reviews

The Dressing Room 5
The Dressing Room 6
The Dressing Room 7

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2015

As soon as I walked into The Dressing Room I knew I would find my dream grown. Not only did I acquire that but Judy and Hugh made me feel right at home. It was such a wonderful experience from start to finish. I never felt anxiety or stress with my dress/dress fittings at The Dressing Room. Everything was absolutely perfect. The quality of Judy's gowns can't be beat and working closely with the person, Hugh, who makes your dress fit like a glove was wonderful. I'm a firm believer of shopping local, you can see/feel the passion Judy has for her store and her brides.
    Thank you Dressing Room for making my big day perfect with the perfect wedding gown!!!

Sent on 05/05/2015
  • W

Wen · Married on 05/16/2015

Thank God! It was such an amazing experience to buy wedding dress with Judy. She is soooo nice. She is very professional and has perfect taste. She knows what you like and what fit you most. I like the time I spent here. I hope all of my friends can come. This is definitely a perfect choice.
    Also I want to mention is Hugh. He is also a perfect tailor. Nice and skilled!
    Thank you both!!!

Sent on 04/14/2015
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/09/2015

My first experience at The Dressing Room was going with a friend of mine who was recently engaged and trying on dresses for the first time. We had such a nice morning at The Dressing Room and really enjoyed the couture service from the owner, Judy. I knew when I got engaged that I wanted my first experience of trying on gorgeous wedding gowns to be as special and that moment with my friend and that The Dressing Room was the first place I would go.
    When my special day came, I went to The Dressing Room with my mom, aunt and friend by my side and fell in love with the experience, selection, service! At the beginning of my appointment Judy sat with me to understand what type of wedding my fiancé and I had envisioned and took careful note to understand what I thought I was looking for in a dress. I really wanted to keep an open mind so we got to pulling out dresses within my budget and trying on all styles so I could narrow down what I liked. I was feeling pretty decisive and Judy went with it – quickly handing me dresses so we could narrow down styles. What I enjoyed about the experience was the Judy was that she really made me feel like this was all about me, she didn’t pressure me to buy a dress and she didn’t make me feel bad if I didn’t like a style she suggested! I purchased my dress, veil, a beaded sash, earrings and a bracelet from The Dressing Room and was 100% happy with the value I paid. My dress came in quickly, on-site alterations were smooth and I loved my gorgeous gown! Thank you Judy for everything!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Kelly · Married on 05/02/2015

Finding the perfect dress I thought would be a challenge but after meeting Judy at The Dressing Room, I felt at ease. Judy takes her time to get to really get to know you and what you want. All of the dresses she pulled for me where just what I was looking for and nothing was out of my price range. I fell in love with my dress and it was perfect. I couldn't of been any happier with my experience at The Dressing Room. I highly recommend this place for all future brides.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Monica · Married on 03/21/2015

Hands down The Dressing Room is the BEST bridal boutique ever when it comes to finding your wedding gown! Judy is a true professional! She has a great selection of wedding gowns that are by far better than any bridal boutique around the area... trust me, I went to several of them from Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa and Miami and I am sooo happy I found hers... She has high quality and unique style gowns for reasonable prices. I truly enjoyed every moment spent with Judy at her boutique. She was very caring, honest and professional. My wedding gown was spectacular, til this day I get complements on it. Hugh, was amazing when it came to making the alterations on my wedding gown. He is very attentive and has a true gift in doing what he does best. He was able to make alterations to my wedding gown that made it one-of-a-kind. I am very grateful to have come across this wonderful wedding boutique and to have met both Judy and Hugh! I highly recommend them!!! -MONICA CORTEZ-

Sent on 06/12/2016

Laura · Married on 03/06/2015

What can I say about Judy and The Dressing Room. Planning a wedding is a monumental task with lots of decisions and nerve racking details. The dress for me was the detail that caused me the most trepidation. I just pictured going to a big bridal salon with 10 other brides trying to pick the best dress for me when I really had no good idea of what I as looking for and what would look best on me.

My mother met Judy before I did to scope out her bridal shop. They hit it off immediately and my mom was certain this should be our first stop. From the moment I met Judy and walked into her shop I knew it would be a different experience. First and foremost she only allows one bride in her shop at a time so you have her undivided attention. She helped me get such a good perspective of the wedding day and its true meaning before I even tried on the first dress. She helped me visualize my day and exactly what I wanted to look like. Needless to say, the dress I chose is what I still believe to be the best decision I made for my entire wedding.

I purchased my dress, veil and accessories from The Dressing Room and came under budget. Hugh did my alterations and the job he did was beyond fabulous! My dress looked even better than I ever imagined it would.

Judy and Hugh are truly the dynamic duo of wedding dresses! Ladies, if you're looking for a wonderful wedding dress shopping experience, one that will help define your whole wedding experience, The Dressing Room is definitely the place to go!

Thank you Judy and Hugh!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Alexandra · Married on 02/28/2015

Judy, the owner and only consultant is amazing. She listens to your vision but in a very straight forward fashion helps you narrow down your dress search. The first dress she pulled for me was the one I went with. She operates by appointment only and locks the door during your appointment time.

As a plus-size bride with no interest in changing the body that my husband has known our entire relationship, I felt respected and accommodated and we all know how the bridal industry can be to brides that don't fit a specific ideal.

The tailor she partners with, Hugh, is equally incredible. Due to some scarring we modified my gown away from it's strapless splendor in to something I felt truly beautiful in. Judy and Hugh absolutely contributed in a tremendous way to the beauty of my wedding and I am so grateful for them.

Sent on 03/14/2015

Ashley · Married on 02/22/2015

I have visited every major dress shop in the Tampa Bay Area. Each fades in comparison to The Dressing Room. Judy, the store owner, was destined for her position. She is straight-forward, patient and considerate. She offers a wide array of dress styles at a range of price points. Her shop is warm and welcoming in every detail. She will lock the door during your appointment, allowing for an incredibly personal experience. Further, her tailor Hugh, is incredibly talented. He takes a great deal of pride in his work, and will not let you walk out with your dress even the slightest bit unsatisfied.

I simply cannot say enough great things about this hidden gem. I found my dream dress at The Dressing Room - Judy made sure my experience was special and memorable, and Hugh made sure the dress fit as if it were custom made. They are an amazing team, and I am grateful to have found them, and for the opportunity to have had them on my team during this special time in my life!

Sent on 02/12/2015

Asianna · Married on 01/31/2015

I would like to start off by saying Judy is one of my favorite people! The experience at The Dressing Room is like no experience I have ever had (I tried on dresses from here to Texas). From the moment you walk in you feel comfortable and fabulous. She even locks her shop door so it's all yours! Both Judy and Hugh (her tailor) are true professionals who are passionate about what they do. Hugh makes you feel so comfortable. He's done a perfect job. I left tonight thinking I only have one more fitting left and I don't want this experience to end. Thank you Judy and Hugh for everything! ♡

Sent on 12/15/2014

Michelle · Married on 01/24/2015

Judy Ferrara is highly talented in her industry! WOW! Her selection of dresses and accessories are beautiful! The store is an experience in itself...so gorgeous with personal attention. You feel like the only customer in her business! Judy truly cares about what you want as a bride...from the look, feel, and overall experience! If you want to feel like a queen, go to the Dressing Room! I honestly would not dream of getting my dress anywhere else. No one can match the experience in the Dressing Room! Thank you Judy and Hugh!! Michelle Burns Sundberg

Sent on 05/28/2015
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 01/03/2015

I would highly recommend The Dressing Room to anyone looking to get the best service possible, as well as the best selection when it comes to wedding gowns, and accessories. I bought my dress from Judy and I was completely thrilled with it!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Emily · Married on 12/06/2014

Judy & Hugh are an amazing dynamic duo! Judy will help you cut through the clutter of all the different you have in your mind and figure out what you are really searching for. She genuinely cares about what she does and it shows. She really helped me to find exactly what I was looking for and then, the amazing Hugh made my gown fit like a dream. The team at the Dressing Room helped me to find the dress I know that I will love for years to come and my groom absolutely loved, too! Give them a visit!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Stacey · Married on 11/22/2014

The Dressing Room is truly top notch, I went to several bridal stores before I had the pleasure of meeting Judy and Hugh. From the moment I walked into The Dressing Room and met Judy I knew this was the place I wanted to buy my dress from, the personal attention and professional opinions provided to me were truly amazing. I had a vision of what I thought I wanted and Judy challenged me to try just one dress that she had picked for me that was very different than my original vision and.....it was the perfect dress for me!!! My mother and sisters live in different states and were unable to come to my fitting appointments Judy helped to fill the void and provided me with that much needed "motherly" advise. Hugh did an amazing job altering the dress to fit me perfectly, his experience and expertise are outstanding, I couldn't imagine working with a better team than Judy and Hugh.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/19/2014

The Dressing Room is a once in a life time experience, truly. The boutique is absolutely stunning; so cozy and welcoming, and the dress selection and price range is perfection.
    My family wasn't able to be there with me, unfortunately, but Judy stepped right up to help. She truly had my best interest at heart and wasn't there to just sell me on a dress. I felt so comfortable and at ease in an usually overwhelming moment.
    Hugh.. Oh Hugh you are the absolute BEST! I requested so many changes be made to my dress, and he was always so accomodating, patient, and so so sweet. After much hard work, my beautiful dress fit like a glove.
    Other than the " I Do's" this was my favorite part of the entire wedding experience.
    Thank you Judy and Hugh for making that moment such a sweet unforgettable memory.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Regina · Married on 10/12/2014

I loved Judy and Hugh! I am honestly not the most conventional bride! I was dreading picking out my dress and going through the whole wedding planning process, but Judy made it all so easy! I even moved to Miami in the middle of my wedding planning and HAPPILY drove twice up there for my fittings! The dress is amazing and I couldn't be happier!!! They made my wedding so special! Hugh's attention to detail on my dress went above and beyond! I will recommend everyone!

Sent on 09/30/2014
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/11/2014

Amazing dresses and even more amazing owner and tailor! Judy was the right person to go to for my dress! Recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Brie · Married on 10/11/2014

Great place! Dresses in there are classic and beautiful. Judy is a pleasure to work with and is so accommodating. And once you find your dream dress, Hugh, the alterations manager will make sure it fits perfectly! All for a reasonable price that won't break the bank. Thank you, Judy and Hugh!!

Sent on 01/14/2015

I travelled to Florida on a mission to purchase a wedding dress. I went to several stores and had bad experiences including feeling pressured to purchase a dress, sales people coming in the room when I was changing, etc. I went to The Dressing Room and had a fabulous experience.

It's by appointment only, so make sure you call ahead and book your appointment. This ensures that nobody stops by and interrupts your dress shopping.
    The store is beautiful and comfortable, your family/friends have a comfortable area to sit and watch you try on the dresses. Make sure you bring champagne!

The dress selection is amazing, with tons of different styles and sizes to try on. Judy was great at listening to what I wanted in a dress and then made recommendations based on the information I had provided.
    During the selection process Judy was patient, professional and helpful. Not once did I feel pressured to purchase a dress from the store. She was patient as I tried on several dresses and then re-tried them on again.
    Once I found "the dress" Judy offered to hold it for several days as my best friend was arriving in town and I wanted her opinion before purchasing it.

Overall I had a great experience at The Dressing room and would highly recommend the store for anyone who is wedding dress shopping, Judy made the experience fun and I was able to walk out of the store (the day I purchased it) with a beautiful dress!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

Judy was highly recommended to me by a friend of mine and I understand why. The total experience at her store was perfect! She is by appointment only which made finding a dress so comfortable and very personal. She was very professional. At first I was thinking I wouldnt be able to afford anything in her store just by looking at her store and the total atmosphere in regards to having the store to yourself however she really has something for anyone's budget. Hugh was amazing I loved everything he did with my dress. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Her hours were very accommodating as well. Thank you so much for the best experience I could have ever asked for!!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/13/2014

I went to The Dressing Room based on a referral. It was the last shop I went to at the end of a day long wedding dress shopping trip. I was tired and found another dress that I thought was the one. I am so glad that I went to the Dressing Room! I found the absolute perfect dress there. Judy was so helpful in choosing dresses that were within my budget and fit the look that I wanted to achieve. She treated me like I was her only customer, and that kind of customer service is priceless to me. The alterations were very reasonable and payment went straight to the tailor - not the dress shop! I highly recommend going to the Dressing Room! You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Karen · Married on 08/30/2014

This is the most Professional Company that I have had the pleasure of working with in a long time. Judy is amazing! Pricing is reasonable, detail to the workmanship as well as being extremely punctual on all appointments. Her seamstress was meticulous and very accommodating. He really knows how to make alterations flawless and has an eye for details.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2014

Let me just say how lucky I am to have walked into The Dressing Room! Judy has the most beautiful collection of dresses and she is very professional and gets things done. I didn't have to go searching after walking into this bontique, second dress I tried on was the ONE! Her prices are are very reasonable considering the beautiful material that make up her dresses. The amount of compliments I received on my dress was was wonderfully overwhelming. Thank you so much Judy for being apart of something so special to me.
    And to Hugh, the one who did my alterations and works exclusively with Judy. Thank you so much, your level of expertise on making the dress fit me just right was amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    To anyone looking for a wedding dress, do yourself a favor and make an appointment with Judy at The Dressing Room!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Christine · Married on 07/18/2014

Judy and Hugh are miracle workers. My fiancé and I decided to hold a civil ceremony in downtown St. Petersburg and Judy was able to find 'the' dress and Hugh was able to perform the alterations with just 1.5 months notice. Judy is such a wonderful woman, who made my first (and last) dress buying experience a memorable one. She stuck to my budget (never showing me a dress out of my price point) and worked with me on my wedding day vision. Hugh is such a talented tailor, with short notice he was able to take my 'perfect dress' to an incredible one. I enjoyed having the private appointments, with both Judy and Hugh's attention all on me. I will be directing all of my friends to Judy and Hugh's way in the future.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Christina · Married on 06/29/2014

The dressing room is amazing. You would be crazy to use anyone else but Judy to find your dream wedding dress! Judy gives you her full attention and is so great at what she does.
    She found me the perfect wedding dress and her and her tailor Hugh customized it just for me, and it was a lot of work! They did it perfectly and they were so patient and fun to work with. Judy makes it enjoyable everytime you are there for fittings, etc. and she feels like part of the family! I could not have imagined going anywhere else for my dress, the compliments still keep coming!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Laura · Married on 06/07/2014

After searching at a few stores where I found nothing and was pressured to go above my budget, I found the dressing room online. Judy listened to what I did say (and read cues into what I didn't say). I wanted a simple dress for an outdoor wedding in 4 months, a task that was seeming impossible. Judy helped me find the perfect dress!
    What a blessing it is to have Judy there for all of your fittings as well. Hugh is a wonderful tailor! I took the dress home and upon trying it on at home something was bothering me. He gladly took it and fixed it immediately.
    I looked forward to my weekly visits with Hugh and Judy. I cannot say enough about how enjoyable and easy they made the entire process.

Sent on 06/11/2014