The Dress Shop featuring The Tux Room Reviews

78 | Howell, MI

78 Reviews for The Dress Shop featuring The Tux Room

Brittany Paletta · Getting married on 11/30/2019

Great experience

Absolutely amazing experience! Jessie was amazing!!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Mara · Getting married on 11/09/2019

I am so pleased I went to the Dress Shop to get my wedding dress. From the moment we stepped in the door they made us feel welcomed. They had an amazing selection of dresses and they were organized into specific styles which was very helpful. We were able to go through the dresses and put rings on which ones I wanted to try on. I worked with Jessie and she was amazing! She had awesome recommendations and was great to work with. I would definitely recommended going here to find your wedding dress!

Sent on 10/08/2018

The Dress Shop featuring The Tux Room's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We can't wait to work with you again!
  • Kristine

Kristine · Married on 09/21/2019

I worked with Jessie, she was the best! She started by offering us mimosas, then giving me and my bridesmaids a handful of colored rings. We went through the store and put a ring on everything I liked and wanted to try on. Based on my selections, Jessie added some of her own recommendations. I found my dress, and cant wait to wear it!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely adore this shop!

Everything about the dress shop is amazing from start to finish. I had the best time when I first went to try on dresses and I honestly didn't expect to get a dress that day but the girls there are amazing and they picked out exactly what I was looking for and I got my dream dress from the designer I had always wanted. From there the alterations girls are top notch, I had bought a sample size dress that was quite big on me and they took it all in and it fit like a glove. I would highly recommend making this shop one of the first places you visit for your wedding dress!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Chrissy · Married on 09/22/2018

My dress shopping experience was absolutely amazing! I actually bought my gown during one of their sample sales- it was a dream style of mine- a Maggie Sottero A-line gown and I got an AMAZING price on it! I also bought my veil and a hair comb accessory and people could not stop talking about how beautiful it all was! I also used their alterations department and they did a fabulous job!! You will not at all be disappointed with their dress selection or service! Top notch place!!

Sent on 10/13/2018

The Dress Shop featuring The Tux Room's reply:

Hello Chrissy,
    We really appreciate the glowing review. We had such a wonderful time working with you. Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your big day!

Jessica · Married on 02/24/2018

This is a great store to buy your wedding dress. I was afraid that I wouldn't find anything that I liked. But there are so many beautiful dresses there choose from. Erica worked with me to find out exactly what I liked from each dress I tried on and was able to find me the perfect wedding dress!

Sent on 11/26/2016
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/14/2017

Amazing staff

The staff is amazing and so helpful! They have an amazing selection of dresses and great prices!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

PERFECT! Erica made the day so easy, she was extremely friendly and helpful. The Dress Shop knows the importance of your day, and they know how to take care of you. I found my dream dress in less than an hour! Couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Kaylie · Married on 09/09/2017

The Dress Shop was one of the first places I went after getting engaged and being so excited to start planning my wedding. I didn’t think that I was going to find anything, because my sister, mom, and I just went on a lark to quell our excitement. When we arrived, we were so impressed with the level of service that they provided. We were shown to a private room and had a consultant (Cecelia) dedicated to us. She gave me a few rings to go through the shop and put on the hangers to show which dresses I wanted to try. TDS is smaller than somewhere like David’s Bridal, but this is one of those cases where less is definitely more. As I began trying dresses on, Cecelia listened to what I liked and didn’t like about each dress and used that feedback to make suggestions about others. She also picked out accessories and veils to help me visualize everything together. To all of our surprise, I ended up finding THE dress that day (though I was nervous about it being so early, so I didn’t make the final decision until a few months later). The whole process was amazing and I have such great memories of that day! I came in several more times to look at accessories, MOH dresses, and to stop by for the trunk shows and it was worth the 45 minute drive - they were always accommodating even when I hadn't made an appointment. Couldn’t have been happier with TDS.

Sent on 09/28/2017

hayley · Married on 08/13/2017

Erica was wonderful, and made our day fun and stress free. The Dress Shop was my first, and dress shop i needed to go to to find the right dress. They made it a great experience, very patient, they stayed within my budget, and helped pick out the perfect accessories also!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Ann · Married on 07/23/2017

I went to the Dress Shop even before I set a wedding date to shop at one of their sample sales. This was last summer. It was a sale with discounts on top of already discounted prices! I found the dress without my family with me but it was a great experience. They serve you mimosas while trying on wedding dresses. My consultant was so patient and kind. I found the dress that I couldn't say no to and all the way to one year and 2 months later every guest at the wedding was blown away with how beautiful my gown was. I have no words for how happy I am with the overall look and value of my gown. I went there for alterations as well. The ladies did a beautiful job and while the bustle had many points, it gave the gown and even better look to it and was easy to dance the night away! I think their alterations prices are reasonable as far as getting them done at wedding bridal stores are.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Katie · Married on 07/15/2017

This was the first place I went dress shopping. I had an awesome experience with my girls! We recieved mimosas and to relax and shop around. Janae was my consultant and she was absolutely amazing! She listened to my likes and dislikes and didn't pressure me at all. I also liked how she took an interest in my wedding and wedding process. Even when I tried on the perfect dress, she could sense I was still hesitant to say yes (as it was my first time trying on dresses) and didn't push me. I went to another bridal shop and compared everything to that last dress at The Dress Shop. I went back that same day and Janae helped me again! That time I had no hesitation and realized that was the dress of my dreams! Everyone on their staff was so helpful and friendly! I'm so happy to get my dress here!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Alicia · Married on 07/01/2017

Had a great experience at The Dress Shop. They were very friendly, accomadated to my large group and all my bridesmaids with the multiple trips we made for them.

Sent on 10/01/2016
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 06/17/2017

I had the absolute best experience at the Dress Shop! This was the first (and only) place I went looking for dresses. They were accommodating and fun and let us wander the store, have some mimosas and pick different styles out to try on. I got to take my time and did not feel rushed at all. They also have an in store alterations specialist, which is a major perk.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

AMMMMMMAZING! I had the perfect wedding dress shopping experience. Customer service was beyond excellent. The selection of wedding dresses, bridesmaids dresses and even tuxes were far superior to other stores I have visited. I got my dream dress and was able to dress my entire wedding party, thanks to The Dress Shop. Everyone looked great and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else.

Sent on 06/25/2017

Tarah · Married on 06/10/2017

The Dress Shop was the first and last place I went to look for my dress. From the first moment I walked in, I was greeted with a genuine smile. I had Cecilia's help trying on dresses and she was incredible. The Dress Shop offered such a great experience and I'm so happy I got my dress there. If you go here, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/03/2017

By far one of the best dress shops I went to! Unfortunately I did not find my dress there, but the customer service was outstanding! I was there well over my scheduled appointment time, and the girls there were so helpful in trying to find me my perfect dress!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Molly · Married on 06/03/2017

I had a top notch experience with my gown selection and fittings. The gown I found was within my price range and the women helping me made the day very special. The seamstress was able to do all my alterations in two weeks with only an initial appointment and a pick up appointment. She had a lot of work to do and I was impressed.

Sent on 06/16/2017

Erika · Married on 05/13/2017

When I started out looking for my dress, I pretty much had it in my head that I was going to buy from David's Bridal. All of my bridesmaids are in a different state and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. It seemed like the easiest, natural pick. I went to David's, and it wasn't a horrible experience by any means, but the word that sums up my feelings there: underwhelmed. Now, I live in Howell and drive by The Dress Shop on at least a weekly basis. I just assumed by the look of the place that it would be far out of my budget. But on a whim, I saw they were having a trunk sale and thought, "What the heck, let's give it a try." And I am SO thankful I did! My consultant was SO incredibly helpful and accommodating. She let my party and I pick out dresses we'd like to try and then offered her opinion respectfully and only when asked for it. Needless to say, I found my perfect dress within my budget and couldn't be happier! I had my "moment" that all us Say Yes to the Dress fans hope for. Thank you, The Dress Shop!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Alexandrea · Married on 05/06/2017

Was amazing! I was able to feel at ease when I was dress shopping. Cecelia was able to help me find my perfect dress and even help get us out fast enough for my next appointment.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Lynda · Married on 04/22/2017

The initial dress shopping was great; my girls had fun and the salesperson really helped me zero in on what I wanted without making me feel pressured. Throughout ordering, delivery and alterations I never felt rushed, always listened to and respected. I felt beautiful on my wedding day. It wasn't the cheapest (or most expensive either), so probably not the place if you're looking for bargain basement pricing, but I looked at it as a once-in-a-lifetime expense and got exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Josie · Married on 03/01/2017

I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from,this retailer and they were so stunning and fit well!

Sent on 03/09/2017
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 02/25/2017

I would recommend the dress shop to anyone! The shop is beautiful, the girls are amazing and the experience is all I could have dreamed of! Maddy was FANTASTIC!!! She pulled a dress for me, and it was the one after only trying on 5 dresses. She was so sweet, comforting and attentive! The mimosas were a perfect start to my morning and were a compliment to the experience of shopping with my mother. The ultimate girls day :)

Sent on 06/13/2016
  • Kim&Matt

Kimberly · Married on 12/17/2016

Up until The Dress Shop, I had horrible experiences dress shopping. I'm a bridal gown 16, so I kept getting paraded around in dresses that were too small, standing on pedestals next to brides that better fit their sample sizes and it was hurting my self esteem. I was sick of searching through rows and rows of dresses trying to guess if the white poof in a garment bag would flatter me. I wanted a better, more intimate experience with a consultant who could help guide me into finding THE dress.

Enter Brianna and The Dress Shop. First, we were running about 30 minutes because of a sleeping baby and snow, and they were so patient. I never felt rushed or like I inconvenienced them. We were brought into a private room where we chatted about my likes/dislikes. I was given pink rings to hang on the dresses I like and from there they would pull the dresses for me (who knew?!). One of the dresses I loved was even on a mannequin and they made sure I was able to try it on (thankfully since that's the gown I chose!).

I dressed in private, and then Brianna would come in and help me pin it to it's best fit, and then we would open the curtains to show my family who came with me. We sipped on champagne, laughed a lot, and I felt like every single dress I tried on was flattering. When I was down to two favorites, they helped me select two unique sets of accessories to try it on and "jazz it up" and that did the trick. I ordered my Moonlight Bridal Gown (a brand I had yet to hear of or try on) that day! I can't wait for it to come in!

Also worth mentioning, about half of the dresses I tried on were half of my budget! I ended up with one at the top, but couldn't believe how beautiful some of the lesser priced gowns were.

Sent on 02/17/2016

Hayley · Married on 12/17/2016

Love love love this store! I didn't expect to find my dream dress in the first store I went shopping at, but I did!! They have a great selection of dresses. Rachel was SUPER helpfull!! She's actually the one who picked out the dress I ended up buying! Definitely giving this place a thumbs up ????

Sent on 04/21/2016