The Drake Oak Brook Reviews

The Drake Oak Brook 6
The Drake Oak Brook 7

Lindsay · Married on 11/02/2018

Perfection

Honestly our experience with The Drake Oak Brook could not have been better. We booked our date about 11 months in advance, and were immediately kept up to speed about what to expect and when to expect it. We worked almost exclusively with Michael, who could not have been more responsive to all of my questions and concerns. All of my guests raved about the food, the space is stunning, and the coordination went off without a hitch. Having a one stop shop venue proved to be invaluable. We had our ceremony, reception, cake, and dinner all in/from one place, making our planning much less strenuous. My husband and I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to everyone looking for a venue

• Dana

Dana Bergan · Married on 10/27/2018

If you are looking for an Elegant wedding....You must visit the Drake Oak Brook

I just had the wedding of my dreams and can not even think of a single problem. The entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook went above and beyond especially Michael Dubina!!!! All of my guests have been raving about the food quality, the band, dance floor, amazing service and the undeniable Classy Elegant wedding venue.I coordinate large scale events for a living and also went to culinary school...... I am a very very hard critic of weddings. The entire experience was flawless. I will be recommending the Drake and Michael to everyone.

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2018

We couldn't be happier with our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook. Michael Dubina and Cathleen Knobbe are the most responsive, personable, detailed, professional individuals when it came to planning and organizing. Every email, every phone call, was answered the same day, sometimes within minutes. Michael is especially detailed oriented and will have multiple spreadsheets and planning documents to keep everyone on track, it was so easy to work with him! Our wedding was Mardi Gras themed and we were able to incorporate custom foods created by their Chef into our menu and the colored light up dance floor made it even more amazing. I can't thank them and the Drake enough for making our day so special!

The Drake Oak Brook 8
    The Drake Oak Brook 9
    The Drake Oak Brook 10
    The Drake Oak Brook 11
    The Drake Oak Brook 12

Mark · Married on 08/11/2018

Words couldn't express how great The Drake made our wedding day! Cathleen and her team made our day the best day we could have ever imagined!! While a wedding can be stressful when it is not managed well, we didn't experience any frustration as Cathleen and her team led us through every step of the way. On the day of the wedding everything was perfect: linens, dance floor, food/beverages, and most importantly, service. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to compliment how great the food and service were at The Drake Oakbrook.

Thank you so much for making our special day the best we could have ever asked for.

The Drake Oak Brook 13
    The Drake Oak Brook 20
    The Drake Oak Brook 21
    The Drake Oak Brook 22

Mary · Married on 07/21/2018

Michaell Dubina and Anna couldn't have been more accommodating as we were planning the wedding and the brunch on Sunday. The ability to offer brunch on Sunday was a real plus as we had a significant number of guests who spent the night. And they graciously arranged for a special area for our brunch guests. Whatever needed to happen throughout the planning stages, Michael made happen with graciousness. Our guests had nothing but compliments for the venue and the service. Anna and her staff's service both during the reception and brunch couldn't have been more gracious and responsive to guest requests.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

I had my wedding reception at The Drake Oak Brook on 5/19/18 and it was perfect, absolutely exceeding all of my expectations. The venue is so beautiful! We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/ outside veranda and dinner in the Three Oaks Ballroom. I had over 180 guests and the space fit everyone perfectly. I received so many compliments from my guests on the food (we had Filet Mignon, Chilean Sea Bass, and Vegan Pasta- all delicious!!) and the venue itself. I had plenty of space to get ready and take pictures with my bridesmaids in the morning, and we took some bridal party pictures near the beautiful gazebo before the reception. The light up dance floor was a big hit with my guests- it was so fun! We had many guests stay overnight and they loved the rooms. I very much enjoyed working with Cathleen and Michael during the planning process- they were always available to answer any questions we had leading up to the day and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. They are truly great at what they do. I can’t thank The Drake Oak Brook enough, my wedding was everything I dreamed of and more :).

Beth · Married on 04/21/2018

We loved our wedding! Everything went so smoothly. Our event coordinator went above and beyond to make our day special. The room was set up perfectly, the food was excellent, the wait staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. It was an excellent, fun, beautiful day.

Lucia · Married on 03/11/2018

The service was excellent. I highly recommend having an event at The Drake Oak Brook. The food was delicious. I am still getting great feedback from relatives and friends.

Teresa Duffey · Married on 11/17/2017

Exceeds Expectations!!!

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with the Drake Hotel in Oak Brook for our November wedding! Everything from our first tour of the space with Kathleen to the planning of our reception with event coordinator, Michael, to the day itself was specatacular! The Drake is a beautiful space with lots of character and charm that made for the perfect setting for our cocktail hour and dinner and dancing repection. We were treated with so much kindness, professionalism, and support from day 1, as were all of our family members and friends. The hotel staff took many extra steps to ensure the comfort and ease of our experience, bringing extra furniture to the bridal suite for my bridesmaids and I while we got ready the morning of the wedding, supplying hot water with lemon to my father throughout the weekend since he had come down with a cold and lost his voice, ensuring that guests who do not drink had non-alcoholic options for toasts, and countless other ways- big and small- that they made us all feel special and in caring, adept hands.
    One of the most important things for us in planning the wedding was to have delicious food, and the Drake very much delivered! Our guests are still raving about how much they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, and entrees! I was so happy to be a bride who actually ate some of her dinner and enjoyed every last bite!

I cannot say enough great things about the service and quality of the Drake Hotel-- the staff, food, ambiance, all of it made for a perfect setting for what, to me, was an absolutely perfect day! Zero complaints; we highly recommend the Drake for the next soon-to-be wed couple! :)

Kirsten · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough about how truly magical The Drake Oak Brook is. I had my wedding there in October 2017 and the venue, service, food, and rooms were incredible. The whole planning process leading up to the wedding day was seamless, and Cathleen was very knowledgeable and accommodating. We did our first look and wedding pictures around the property and in the gazebo. One thing I’d recommend that we did was reserve the Board Room as a hospitality suite for guests. It was great to have a home base for all of our out of town guests! There were around 130 people at our reception, which fit perfectly in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The room is very beautiful, lined with many windows and easily fit our 14 tables. When we arrived at the reception from the church, one of the most thoughtful and much needed parts of our day happened thanks to Cathleen. She took my husband and me briefly to a private area, brought us two plates of appetizers, and closed the door. It was such a great time to be alone after actually getting married and get something to eat before starting the cocktail hour and reception. I mean, how thoughtful is that?! Our cocktail hour was in the gorgeous Flower Room, where guests enjoyed a ton of passed appetizers (my husband wanted to take home a whole plate of the mini lobster rolls) and drinks before dinner. Anna and the whole staff were extremely attentive to our every need. Now, to the food. WOW. We offered 3 options plus a vegetarian. The food was absolutely amazing. Aside from saying that this was the best wedding they’ve ever attended (seriously people are still talking about it), people could not say enough about the quality of the food. The next morning, we also reserved space for our guests at Champagne Sunday Brunch. We had nearly 100 people attend and our friends said the food, staff, and room were so nice that we could have just gotten married at the brunch and it still would have been awesome. Seriously, have your wedding here!

Alexandra · Married on 10/07/2017

The Drake was the perfect venue to hold our wedding! Our reception was in the Flower Room which provided an amazing space and veranda. The food, appetizers, and drinks was phenomenal along with the service! Dana and Anna was fantastic to work with and ensured everything ran smoothly the day of. She went above and beyond to ensure our wishes were met. I cannot recommend The Drake Oak Brook Hotel enough for a wedding reception.

Ernestine · Married on 09/16/2017

They gave us great service, I would recommend the Drake for great service.

Nancy · Married on 06/10/2017

The atmosphere, service, and food were exceptional! Taylor was absolutely a delight to work with and the entire staff was most impressive. The Drake Oak Brook is the perfect place to book a wedding that is destined to be truly magical. Anyone looking for a venue should most definitely visit the Drake!!

natalie · Married on 02/04/2017

The venue was overall beautiful and very accommodating. Taylor, our Event Planner, was outstanding. She guided us through the entire planning process. Working with Taylor made all the difference not only because she was a professional, she was always accessible either by email or cell phone to any question I had.
    My daughter's wedding was held this past weekend. The food and service was excellent.
    I would highly recommend The Drake Oak Brook for a wedding reception. The wedding ceremony was held in the "Flower Room" . A plus because the room is surrounded by windows facing the beautiful grounds. Check out The Drake and ask for Taylor, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Seana · Married on 09/24/2016

The Drake Oak brook blew my now husband and I away. I wanted a Chicago wedding and he wanted sub burbs. The drake has elegance and character beyond the imagination. Looking back at our photos we truly have one of a kind photos to have with us forever. Taylor was absolutely amazing to work with. She always took extra time out of her day to work with us on all the details. For example, the floor plan was a really big deal to my in-laws and me. Taylor sat us all in her office and worked on different floor plans for 2 hours! She remembered little details that meant everything to me through the planning processes. Our guests have no stopped raving about the food. We have received nothing but complements regarding the service and food through the night. I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to anyone and everyone. The entire night was flawless and perfect. It was a direct reflection of the professionalism and experience upheld throughout the entire staff.

Marie · Married on 09/10/2016

When it came to selecting a Venue for our sons wedding, The Drake, had just been reopened. I met with their wedding coordinator Taylor. We found it to be the perfect Venue for everyone, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone. We were able to have the ceremony @ the Gazebo, the florist was able to decorate the Gazebo and the reception without a glitch. We were able to have a Jazz band there for cocktail hour, they had everything they needed to perform. The white glove hand passed hors d'oeuvre were so fresh and still hot. Then we move onto the terrace to listen to the jazz during cocktail hour and there was plenty of seating arranged for people to listen and drink and nibble. Our D.J.'s, yes two, had the perfect spot to set up in the Three Oaks room and the their sound did not reverberate. Moving onto dinner, the entrees were hot and thoroughly enjoyed. Their staff was so professional, from the bartenders to the servers. The morning after we had made a reservation for their brunch, I felt like I was at the Wynn in Las Vegas! If you ever have an opportunity to attend the brunch, please do so!!! I felt like I was watching a movie unfold. All the plans had come to life for our sons wedding and Taylor made it happen. Thank you so much Taylor for making their dream wedding come true on their wedding day!!!

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2015

The Drake was the perfect place for our New Years Eve wedding! From the beginning of planning to the day of the wedding, The Drake was easy to work with. Beautiful venue, great service, and delicious food were all compliments we heard from our guest that evening. We were fortunate enough to work with, Taylor, their event coordinator and she was more than fantastic! She was available, reliable, and friendly throughout the whole process. I would go back to The Drake for future events based on my wonderful experience here! :)

Donald · Married on 12/19/2015

Just had my daughter's wedding at the Drake Hotel in Oak Brook, IL. The event was flawless... very professional, timely, great staff, and the venue was perfect in everyway. Would not have changed a thing.
    Guests raved about the event.... I would recommend the venue to anyone hosting a wedding reception. The wedding coordinator was very accomodative and vested in the success of the evening....she delivered in spades!

The Drake was an excellent venue for our wedding reception. The reception took place in the Three Oaks Ballroom. We had 150 guests show up and there was more than enough space. The food was fantastic and throughout the night all of our guests kept raving about the food. The service was excellent and professional. Taylor was very accommodating and easy to work with. Since our wedding was one week before Christmas, The Drake was perfectly decorated and it gave the our reception a holiday/festive-feel. The light up dance floor was awesome and our guests danced the night away. We had a late-night snack of sliders and they were a big hit with our guests. It was a fairy-tale night.

We signed our contract being a bit apprehensive as the Drake was re-opening, but I know it was the smartest decision! Our guests are still complimenting me via texts, facebook, and calls. I had tons of people say the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding and the customer service from the bartenders and front desk was outstanding! (I agree with them)

Taylor the catering coordinator is amazing! She is knowledgeable, accommodating, professional, yet down to earth. She let me and my event planner friend do some totally different things with arranging floor plans and dance floors and she did it so graciously.

The night of the wedding she went around making sure my husband and I as well as all of our guests were doing well, washing and filling up my daughters bottles with milk, getting french fries for her too! At the end of the night I had an emotional over tired bridal melt down and taylor was to the rescue! She literally catered to our EVERY NEED. Not once did I feel that she was doing these things because she felt she had too, but because she wanted to. Taylor is so genuine. Its really refreshing that an upscale hotel like the Drake would hire such a warm and hospitable woman!

I would never hesitate to have another event or refer someone to have an event at the Drake.

Jennifer · Married on 07/03/2015

The owner, wedding coordinator and staff were simply amazing. The food, ambiance and hotel were absolutely fantastic. My wedding day was perfect because of the wonderful people at the Drake. My guests cannot stop raving about the delicious food, attentive staff and amazing views. I will forever be grateful to the Drake for giving me the wedding of my dreams.

• I

Irena · Married on 12/13/2014

Our experience with the hotel was amazing! Our wedding was beautiful and the owners couldn't be any nicer to work with. I would definitely recommend this place for your dream wedding!

• Z

Zana · event on: 12/02/2017

Overall rating is excellent! Team CRRC Sifang celebrated their Christmas party at the drake in Oak Brook ! Service, staff, food has impressed everyone ! Great JOB!

Terry & Tim · Married on 12/31/2015

After thoroughly researching the Chicagoland area, we are pleased to report of our exceptional wedding reception experience at the Drake Oak Brook Hotel, centrally located 15 miles due west of downtown Chicago, for our daughter and new son-in-law. Literally “from soup (the best ever) to nuts” (wedding cake) and all the courses in-between – including the stylish Drake salad, the food was delicious, the drinks perfectly poured and mixed - with the kindest service we ever experienced! The restoring of this classic boutique hotel, to its original regal splendor, is both comfortable and beautiful; including spotlessly clean and nearby restrooms for our guests’ convenience; as well as a manicured landscape for those venturing outside. The hotel rooms are top-drawer brand new and fairly priced. We continue to receive countless compliments from our family and friends on the entire venue experience which exceeded our lofty expectations. Extra special kudos to the doting proprietors Tely & Jim; and their professional, prompt and pleasant event coordinator – the accommodating Taylor! This elegant venue surpasses it mission of making their clients’ experience “Ubi Tempus Quiescit” - “Where Time Rests”!

Enjoy!