The Drake Oak Brook Reviews

48 | Oak Brook, IL

48 Reviews for The Drake Oak Brook

Sandy K. · Married on 04/12/2021

Had the wedding above and beyond my expectations !!!

Had my wedding here Dec,28,2019. It was ABOVE AND BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS.. Gina, the wedding coordinator and Staff were AMAZING!!! MY family and friends raved about the food and service.Also, what a quaint hotel atmosphere. Beautiful views, small and intimate. Not like huge hotel venues.. Even the BRUNCH on Sunday was OUTSTANDING. Everyone from age 20-87yrs.old raved about the food ,service and venue.. Can’t go wrong here.Gina and staff made sure everything was covered and taken care of.. THANK YOU For making my wedding SPECTACULAR!!!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Maddie

Maddie K. · Married on 04/10/2021

First Class!

Every part of our experience with The Drake was first class.

From the first day we stepped into the hotel for our initial tour, we were blown away at the friendliness, attentiveness, and professionalism of the entire wedding staff. Throughout the entire planning process, they were clear and communicative, and always made us feel as though we had everything we needed and more.

When COVID hit and we had to adjust our day, they clearly outlined our options and worked with us to make sure our big day would still be everything we wanted it to be (or as close as possible).

On our wedding day, we were blown away with how smooth everything went. The professionalism of the staff and safety measures put in place made all of our guests feel welcome and safe. Even with a last minute shift from our ceremony moving from outside to inside due to weather, the entire process was seamless.

To this day, our guests continue to rave about how beautiful the venue was, how AMAZING the food was, and how great of a time they had.

Finally, our wedding coordinator Michael deserves a special shoutout for how unbelievably professional, personable, and helpful he was. If you work with him, you'll be in great hands.

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Mary

Mary S. · Married on 03/12/2021

Stunning glamorous atmosphere awaits you at the Drake Oak Brook

Stunning glamorous atmosphere awaits you at the Drake Oak Brook!!
    Michael Dubina and his team were amazing at guiding my daughter and I threw planning her special day. The beautiful ceremony room, gazebo and fountain made for beautiful pictures. The fireplace and bar also made for unique and very stylish photos! Attention to detail was definitely the theme of the night!! The food was amazing from appetizers to dessert! We were made to feel very special and we did not want the night to end!

Sent on 03/25/2021
  • Meagan

Meagan B. · Married on 11/07/2020

Perfect, Amazing, 10/10

The Drake hosted my wedding in November 2020. I had signed the contract with them almost 2 years prior to my wedding date. Cathleen Knobbe was our initial wedding coordinator who was easy to talk to, available when I needed her, a hospitality professional, and someone who I initially had a connection with. She was amazing. As you can imagine, continuing to move forward with a wedding during a pandemic was a stressful time for me. Almost everything did not go as planned, yet my new wedding coordinator, Karla Moctezuma, was there to help me every step of the way. Karla is professional, a very good communicator, accommodating, encouraging, thoughtful, and is focused. I couldn’t have asked for a better wedding specialist. She exceeded my expectations. Along with my now husband and my parents, we all felt like Karla did her job, but also went above and beyond to ensure we had our special and perfect wedding day no matter what the circumstances and all the changes that there were. Her and her staff, including David and Francisco, and many many more professional employees staffed at The Drake, made our wedding personalized, special, and fun.

If you are planning a wedding, check out The Drake! The culture and the environment is inviting and not to mention they just remodeled almost all of the hotel with a modern and contemporary twist. You will not be disappointed and your guests will be in awe and shocked on how nice the rooms are. My guests loved their hotel rooms.

The owners of the Drake, Telly & Jim Nagel, are regular people just like you and I. They are at The Drake often. Every time I saw them while visiting the venue, they greeted me and treated me like I was in their home. One time, Telly even offered me a cup of tea! They are the nicest and cutest couple.

Thank you to Karla and The Drake Family for being accommodating, professional, and hard working so that my husband and I had our special wedding day that we planned for 2 years. I already recommended a few other brides to be to The Drake and will continue to recommend. I will also be a loyal customer and continue to come to the Drake and host other events there too!

Sent on 12/17/2020
  • Maya

Maya · Married on 10/10/2020

Phenomenal Wedding!

We hosted our wedding on 10/10/2020 at the Drake Oak Brook hotel and it was like a fairytale. The staff was very responsive, on time, and professional. Karla, the wedding specialist, was very organized, friendly, punctual, very professional, and she will do whatever it takes to make the wedding night unforgettable... She actually kept me calm throughout the planning journey by always telling me “please don’t worry about anything and go rest” :)
    My husband & I are very delighted of this great experience and we totally recommend this place!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Christie

Christie C. · Married on 10/02/2020

A 2020 Wedding Miracle

We planned our wedding for almost two years when all of a sudden Covid hit and changed everything. For months we hopped that things would go back to normal, but they didn’t and next thing we knew we were a month away and had to find a new venue. We decided to run up to the Drake and talk with them and we were plesantly surprised. They were very accommodating and made every effort to make our wedding the best day of our lives. We had the pleasure of working with Karla who helped make our day nothing short of amazing and get through all the replanting in just 4 short weeks.

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle B. · Married on 05/15/2020

Wonderful!

Absolutely fantastic! The staff is incredible, the food was outstanding, and the price was great! We booked here very last minute since COVID-19 forced us to abandon our initial wedding venue. I am beyond happy that we were "forced" to change venues. It was all perfect. Karla made all of our dreams come true.

Sent on 10/28/2020

Molly B. · Married on 01/10/2020

The Drake Oak Brook

The Drake Oak Brook turned my dream wedding into a reality! Everything was perfect from the first time I met the wedding coordinators (Gina Sharenow & Michael Dubina). They were a pleasure to work with & very personable. I actually found myself missing them after the wedding. Between them & the rest of the staff, they made sure our day went smoothly & that I didn’t have to worry about a single thing. Highly highly recommend the Drake Oak Brook for any occasion, especially a wedding

Sent on 03/09/2020

Ashley S. · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect! Classic venue with amazing food!

Where can I start? Our wedding day was perfect, thanks to the Drake. Working with Michael, he made it so easy to plan our reception at the Drake, even while planning from TX. The entire team is extremely detail oriented, friendly, and helpful! The aesthetic of the Drake is spot on - and the rooms are so beautiful, we brought in minimal decoration. The menu itself was amazing and we heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. I cannot recommend the Drake enough, and would urge anyone looking for a beautiful, classy venue, to check them out!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Ankica

Ankica J. · Married on 09/01/2019

One-stop shop for the best venue!

I have been to several events at The Drake Oak Brook over the years so I always had them in my top 3 options for eventual wedding reception venue. When planning time came around we set up time with Cathleen and LOVED our options. It was a no brainer - Drake Oak Brook all the way!

Cathleen and Gina and the rest of the team gave us a white glove experience with lots of help and guidance from start to finish on our journey. I felt so special and completely trusted their management of every detail. I just know there were thousands of moments that probably had to be addressed to make the reception a success that I never heard about and they just took care of it all and then some. It was perfect.

This is such an emotional, happy, and special journey - you want genuine and interested people to be part of your vendor experience - the team delivered on this for me. And they were just fantastic!

My goal was to have my guests satisfied with food and beverage - and I have heard nothing but great things from every guest. It did not matter what people ate - they loved it all. No one left hungry. As the bride and groom of this show, we even ate!

You won't go wrong with hosting your wedding or other events at The Drake Oak Brook.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Ellen B. · Married on 08/31/2019

A delight to work with!

We loved the Drake! Our guests kept coming up to us and saying how this was the "best wedding ever" -- mostly thanks to the Drake's attentive staff and delicious food. I was nervous about the wedding preparations, but Michael Dubina made everything easy and was an absolute delight to work with. He is professional, prompt, and has a great sense of humor! Couldn't recommend enough!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Pmdoyle

Pmdoyle@Prodigy.net · Married on 06/29/2019

The Drake Oak Brook Wedding Venue

Our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception was held at the Drake Oak Brook on 6/29/19. From the moment we booked the venue we knew it would be perfect in every way and it truly was. Working along side Michael Dubina(Executive Meeting Manager) was wonderful. He went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend spectacular. His kindness, sense of humor and knowledge meant the world to us. The moment our guests began arriving for a weekend of festivities compliments were flowing regarding the newly renovated hotel and the warmth and kindness of the staff. The wedding venue was beautiful. We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/outside veranda and dinner was served in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The decor, light up dance floor, food and service was phenomenal. Our guests cannot stop talking about how wonderful and beautiful everything was. Our wedding weekend concluded with the Drake's delicious Sunday Champagne Brunch. A heartfelt thank you to the entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook for making our daughter and son-in-law's wedding truly magical.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen K. · Married on 06/22/2019

Not just a room in a hotel - its got character!

We could not be happier with out choice. Our guests loved having access to three rooms throughout the night: The Veranda, Three Oaks Ballroom and Flower Room. Each of the rooms was individually stunning.

The banquet staff, led by Anna were efficient and friendly. Our bartenders - Jose and Oscar were full of personality. Oscar showed off some dance moves and Jose made up a tasty concoction that everyone loved. They really do mean unlimited hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour. It was nonstop. Dinner was amazing too - we would highly recommend the filet and the Chilean sea bass (which our guests said "was scrumptious"). We splurged on cocktail shrimp as the dinner appetizer. It was worth it - our guests LOVED them and cause some friendly bribes going down and people vied for non-shrimp eaters portion. The evening ended on the electric dance floor which was so much fun.

Throughout the year, we worked with Cathleen, Michael and Gina and we cannot say enough about how great they were to work with. They are responsive, attentive, patient and accommodating. Gina was our "day of" coordinator and she worked her butt off to make sure that everything went smoothly, even squat walking to stay hidden whiling trying to coax a crying 2 year-old away from the alter.

We hosted a brunch in The Flower Room the next morning. That was another amazing experience. Anna did an amazing job re-purposing our reception flowers for our guests' brunch tables - it was nice to get double use out of them. There were so many food options! Even if you don't select The Drake for your wedding - I'd definitely make it there for Sunday brunch - its like a holiday meal on a random Sunday!

For the last year, we visited every month on the 22nd for a drink and had the opportunity to meet so many of The Drake's staff. While a handful of people have been highlighted above, we cannot say enough about the overall service of everyone. They are friendly, helpful and engaging. We look forward to continuing our tradition of a stopping by on the 22nd and planning a one-year anniversary brunch with our friends and family. Thank you Drake!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Connie M. · Married on 06/08/2019

Classic venue

The drake offered Impeccable service this location recently had renovations completed which make the hotel a top site for a wedding venue in the suburbs. Also the location is accommodating for out of town guests and easy access to all suburbs and city. The flower room is an extra space that can be rented adjacent to the outdoor terrace.....I had all three areas rented for my wedding and it was a perfect space for 200 guests. They were very accommodating to making a custom menu of food choices and help to provide Execution of all my wedding details.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Connie,

We so enjoyed sharing your very special day and ensuring it was all that you were looking for. We will look forward to seeing you and your husband visit the property in the future.

The Drake Oak Brook Team
  • Erin

Erin O. · Married on 05/18/2019

Make Sure You Check The Drake Out

My wife and I got married at the Drake in May. We almost crossed them off our reception venue based solely on pictures and reviews on sites like this, wedding wire and google, none of which do the Drake justice. My wife dragged me to the Drake and we both thought the spaces were unique, had character but yet offered all the conveniences of the hotel. We had our reception in the Three Oaks Ballroom, the Flower Room and had the veranda. The spaces were so impressive, to go from indoor and outdoor seamlessly. We had such an easy time working with Michael and his team, they really catered to us and helped my wife not become a bridezilla. We would recommend them to anyone - they really helped our wedding be an amazing event.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful, thoughtful, and incredibly impressive

I cannot say enough wonderful things from how the staff at the Drake made our wedding incredibly special. From the moment I had first messaged them through WeddingWire, through the clean up the day after, their whole team was a dream to work with.

To begin with, the place was in the middle of some incredible renovations and the hotel transformed piece-by-piece leading up to our wedding day. From our initial visit to our wedding day, we witnessed small and big changes that made us fall in love with our venue even more. The gorgeous carpet in the Three Oaks Room made it seem even larger than before and the gorgeous fixtures in the lobby updated the space significantly. For the traditionalists, the charm that the Drake is remembered for is still there – the service is still remarkably impeccable. Robert at the front desk greeted everyone in our wedding, including my husband and I, like we were old friends. Catering manager Anna is a dream and is prepared for all types of events and her staff, especially bartenders Oscar and Jose, are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.

Also the food — WOW! Our tasting was incredible and the food served at that intimate setting was the same quality, if not even better, during the wedding itself. It's been a few months since our wedding, and our guests still cannot not stop talking about how delicious everything was.

I think what really makes the Drake stand out is their incredible management staff that's dedicated purely to weddings and events — Cathleen, Michael, and Gina. They responded even to my most ridiculous emails, suggested incredible vendors and set-up solutions for the space, facilitated set-up and clean-up, and made sure our guests felt incredibly pampered. Cathleen was the person I was in contact with since the beginning and was even there throughout the wedding, single-handedly setting up the small details for our wedding, coordinating EVERYTHING with our vendors, making sure my family, my husband and I were taken care of in the morning, and even facilitating a rain plan. My mom and I had debated for the longest time wondering if we should hire a day-of coodinator for our wedding, but we didn't need one at the Drake since their team is dedicated head-to-toe to making sure your event goes well.

I've relived my wedding reception over and over again since we got married. I cannot imagine marrying my husband anywhere else. From the moment we visited The Drake, visiting their friendly staff, enjoying the beauty of the space, knowing every detail will be professionally taken care of, I just knew this is what we had dreamed of for our big day.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Rachel & Jake,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We all loved working with you and your family planning your special day. We so want to be part of your family traditions from here on out. Please do not be strangers. We look forward to having you come back and see even more changes and have our staff take care of you. I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear about the exciting chapters you write in your story.

Cathleen
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 11/02/2018

Perfection

Honestly our experience with The Drake Oak Brook could not have been better. We booked our date about 11 months in advance, and were immediately kept up to speed about what to expect and when to expect it. We worked almost exclusively with Michael, who could not have been more responsive to all of my questions and concerns. All of my guests raved about the food, the space is stunning, and the coordination went off without a hitch. Having a one stop shop venue proved to be invaluable. We had our ceremony, reception, cake, and dinner all in/from one place, making our planning much less strenuous. My husband and I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to everyone looking for a venue

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Dana

Dana B. · Married on 10/27/2018

If you are looking for an Elegant wedding....You must visit the Drake Oak Brook

I just had the wedding of my dreams and can not even think of a single problem. The entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook went above and beyond especially Michael Dubina!!!! All of my guests have been raving about the food quality, the band, dance floor, amazing service and the undeniable Classy Elegant wedding venue.I coordinate large scale events for a living and also went to culinary school...... I am a very very hard critic of weddings. The entire experience was flawless. I will be recommending the Drake and Michael to everyone.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Benjamin S. · Married on 10/20/2018

Phenomenal Experience

Our experience at the Drake was phenomenal and worth every dollar we spent. Michael and Cathleen were two of the most understanding and accommodating people we have ever run into. The reception ran as smoothly as could possibly be imagined. The food was the best food I’ve ever eaten at a wedding, and I am a whiny little brat when it comes to wedding food. The staff was courteous and helpful to all of our guests. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. We could not recommend the Drake more highly.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Benjamin,
    I hope you two had a wonderful first Christmas as husband and wife! Thank you so much for your very kind words. We were so lucky to work with the two of you. Please keep us updated on all your wonderful adventures together.

Cathleen & Michael
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/27/2018

Obsessed with the Drake

As a bride, the goal is to have a venue with a team that you can trust and rely upon, and that supports and understands every idea you want to capture on your wedding day. The Drake, especially Michael, provided so much more than that and we were absolutely thrilled with every interaction we had with the Drake. From the first meeting, to our tasting, to our actual wedding reception and many emails in between, we were blown away by the responsiveness and support of the Drake. I would give them 10 stars on a scale of 5 stars, if that were possible. This is fantastic venue, with a fantastic team. Book them immediately.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Erin,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so happy that our team was able to deliver on Chris and your vision. Please be sure to stay in touch with us and all the exciting chapters you write in your story.

Cathleen Knobbe

Kristin K. · Married on 09/22/2018

Wouldn't Change A Thing...

Upon first visit I knew I could see myself getting married here, and luckily the husband agreed! Very unique space because it was not a cookie-cutter hotel banquet room. The ability to have a space that combined the outdoors, beautiful artwork, and a classic elegance inside was exactly what I envisioned. I can only imagine that the venue is even better now after the renovations.
    The staff was remarkable - both prior and day of. Michael provided my husband and I a lot of comical relief, which is exactly what I needed in this high stress moment. He also shielded me from drama that I didn't need to know. They also rectified some up-front issues we had with finding rooms due to another wedding eating up a lot of the availability.
    For weeks following the Big Day, we received many compliments from our guests! Many people said the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding, and the outdoor patio was a great option for people to mingle away from the music and enjoy the beautiful fall weather we had. We couldn't agree more. If I could do the day over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. The Drake was the key to our success, and we plan to visit as much as we can for years to come. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2018

We couldn't be happier with our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook. Michael Dubina and Cathleen Knobbe are the most responsive, personable, detailed, professional individuals when it came to planning and organizing. Every email, every phone call, was answered the same day, sometimes within minutes. Michael is especially detailed oriented and will have multiple spreadsheets and planning documents to keep everyone on track, it was so easy to work with him! Our wedding was Mardi Gras themed and we were able to incorporate custom foods created by their Chef into our menu and the colored light up dance floor made it even more amazing. I can't thank them and the Drake enough for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Jessie · Married on 08/18/2018

The level of customer service and commitment to making our wedding day unforgettable was evident in every interaction we had with the Drake Oak Brook.

In a somewhat unconventional fashion, we planned our Chicago based wedding while living in Houston TX. The end goal was to move back to Chicago 2 months before our wedding day. While most couples would need to fly back to Chicago to check out venues, the sales and catering staff offered to give us a virtual tour via Facetime. My fiancé (now wife) and I could not have been more pleased with their creativity and flexibility as we worked together to plan our special day from across the country.

Our decision to have our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook was the best decision we made. From the attentive staff and generous accommodations throughout the wedding day, to the planning team’s desire to make sure we felt comfortable with each decision, the experience from top to bottom was nothing short of spectacular. This holds true from the very first time that we met the staff, to the morning after the wedding; we felt as if we were part of the Drake Oak Brook family.

I would recommend the Drake Oak Brook for anyone looking to get married. You and your fiancé will be treated as more than just another wedding weekend. Most importantly, you will be treated as family and the staff at the Drake Oak Brook will ensure that your wedding day is everything you could have hoped for…. and then a little more.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mark · Married on 08/11/2018

Words couldn't express how great The Drake made our wedding day! Cathleen and her team made our day the best day we could have ever imagined!! While a wedding can be stressful when it is not managed well, we didn't experience any frustration as Cathleen and her team led us through every step of the way. On the day of the wedding everything was perfect: linens, dance floor, food/beverages, and most importantly, service. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to compliment how great the food and service were at The Drake Oakbrook.

Thank you so much for making our special day the best we could have ever asked for.

Sent on 10/09/2018