The Drake Oak Brook Reviews

41 | Oak Brook, IL

41 Reviews for The Drake Oak Brook

Sandy Kieras · Getting married on 04/12/2021

Had the wedding above and beyond my expectations !!!

Had my wedding here Dec,28,2019. It was ABOVE AND BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS.. Gina, the wedding coordinator and Staff were AMAZING!!! MY family and friends raved about the food and service.Also, what a quaint hotel atmosphere. Beautiful views, small and intimate. Not like huge hotel venues.. Even the BRUNCH on Sunday was OUTSTANDING. Everyone from age 20-87yrs.old raved about the food ,service and venue.. Can’t go wrong here.Gina and staff made sure everything was covered and taken care of.. THANK YOU For making my wedding SPECTACULAR!!!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Molly Baker · Married on 01/10/2020

The Drake Oak Brook

The Drake Oak Brook turned my dream wedding into a reality! Everything was perfect from the first time I met the wedding coordinators (Gina Sharenow & Michael Dubina). They were a pleasure to work with & very personable. I actually found myself missing them after the wedding. Between them & the rest of the staff, they made sure our day went smoothly & that I didn’t have to worry about a single thing. Highly highly recommend the Drake Oak Brook for any occasion, especially a wedding

Sent on 03/09/2020

Ashley Schaffer · Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect! Classic venue with amazing food!

Where can I start? Our wedding day was perfect, thanks to the Drake. Working with Michael, he made it so easy to plan our reception at the Drake, even while planning from TX. The entire team is extremely detail oriented, friendly, and helpful! The aesthetic of the Drake is spot on - and the rooms are so beautiful, we brought in minimal decoration. The menu itself was amazing and we heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. I cannot recommend the Drake enough, and would urge anyone looking for a beautiful, classy venue, to check them out!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Ankica

Ankica Jedry · Married on 09/01/2019

One-stop shop for the best venue!

I have been to several events at The Drake Oak Brook over the years so I always had them in my top 3 options for eventual wedding reception venue. When planning time came around we set up time with Cathleen and LOVED our options. It was a no brainer - Drake Oak Brook all the way!

Cathleen and Gina and the rest of the team gave us a white glove experience with lots of help and guidance from start to finish on our journey. I felt so special and completely trusted their management of every detail. I just know there were thousands of moments that probably had to be addressed to make the reception a success that I never heard about and they just took care of it all and then some. It was perfect.

This is such an emotional, happy, and special journey - you want genuine and interested people to be part of your vendor experience - the team delivered on this for me. And they were just fantastic!

My goal was to have my guests satisfied with food and beverage - and I have heard nothing but great things from every guest. It did not matter what people ate - they loved it all. No one left hungry. As the bride and groom of this show, we even ate!

You won't go wrong with hosting your wedding or other events at The Drake Oak Brook.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Ellen Barry · Married on 08/31/2019

A delight to work with!

We loved the Drake! Our guests kept coming up to us and saying how this was the "best wedding ever" -- mostly thanks to the Drake's attentive staff and delicious food. I was nervous about the wedding preparations, but Michael Dubina made everything easy and was an absolute delight to work with. He is professional, prompt, and has a great sense of humor! Couldn't recommend enough!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Pmdoyle

Pmdoyle@prodigy.net · Married on 06/29/2019

The Drake Oak Brook Wedding Venue

Our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception was held at the Drake Oak Brook on 6/29/19. From the moment we booked the venue we knew it would be perfect in every way and it truly was. Working along side Michael Dubina(Executive Meeting Manager) was wonderful. He went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend spectacular. His kindness, sense of humor and knowledge meant the world to us. The moment our guests began arriving for a weekend of festivities compliments were flowing regarding the newly renovated hotel and the warmth and kindness of the staff. The wedding venue was beautiful. We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/outside veranda and dinner was served in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The decor, light up dance floor, food and service was phenomenal. Our guests cannot stop talking about how wonderful and beautiful everything was. Our wedding weekend concluded with the Drake's delicious Sunday Champagne Brunch. A heartfelt thank you to the entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook for making our daughter and son-in-law's wedding truly magical.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Klein · Married on 06/22/2019

Not just a room in a hotel - its got character!

We could not be happier with out choice. Our guests loved having access to three rooms throughout the night: The Veranda, Three Oaks Ballroom and Flower Room. Each of the rooms was individually stunning.

The banquet staff, led by Anna were efficient and friendly. Our bartenders - Jose and Oscar were full of personality. Oscar showed off some dance moves and Jose made up a tasty concoction that everyone loved. They really do mean unlimited hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour. It was nonstop. Dinner was amazing too - we would highly recommend the filet and the Chilean sea bass (which our guests said "was scrumptious"). We splurged on cocktail shrimp as the dinner appetizer. It was worth it - our guests LOVED them and cause some friendly bribes going down and people vied for non-shrimp eaters portion. The evening ended on the electric dance floor which was so much fun.

Throughout the year, we worked with Cathleen, Michael and Gina and we cannot say enough about how great they were to work with. They are responsive, attentive, patient and accommodating. Gina was our "day of" coordinator and she worked her butt off to make sure that everything went smoothly, even squat walking to stay hidden whiling trying to coax a crying 2 year-old away from the alter.

We hosted a brunch in The Flower Room the next morning. That was another amazing experience. Anna did an amazing job re-purposing our reception flowers for our guests' brunch tables - it was nice to get double use out of them. There were so many food options! Even if you don't select The Drake for your wedding - I'd definitely make it there for Sunday brunch - its like a holiday meal on a random Sunday!

For the last year, we visited every month on the 22nd for a drink and had the opportunity to meet so many of The Drake's staff. While a handful of people have been highlighted above, we cannot say enough about the overall service of everyone. They are friendly, helpful and engaging. We look forward to continuing our tradition of a stopping by on the 22nd and planning a one-year anniversary brunch with our friends and family. Thank you Drake!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Connie Michalarias · Married on 06/08/2019

Classic venue

The drake offered Impeccable service this location recently had renovations completed which make the hotel a top site for a wedding venue in the suburbs. Also the location is accommodating for out of town guests and easy access to all suburbs and city. The flower room is an extra space that can be rented adjacent to the outdoor terrace.....I had all three areas rented for my wedding and it was a perfect space for 200 guests. They were very accommodating to making a custom menu of food choices and help to provide Execution of all my wedding details.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Connie,

We so enjoyed sharing your very special day and ensuring it was all that you were looking for. We will look forward to seeing you and your husband visit the property in the future.

The Drake Oak Brook Team
  • Erin

Erin O'Brien · Married on 05/18/2019

Make Sure You Check The Drake Out

My wife and I got married at the Drake in May. We almost crossed them off our reception venue based solely on pictures and reviews on sites like this, wedding wire and google, none of which do the Drake justice. My wife dragged me to the Drake and we both thought the spaces were unique, had character but yet offered all the conveniences of the hotel. We had our reception in the Three Oaks Ballroom, the Flower Room and had the veranda. The spaces were so impressive, to go from indoor and outdoor seamlessly. We had such an easy time working with Michael and his team, they really catered to us and helped my wife not become a bridezilla. We would recommend them to anyone - they really helped our wedding be an amazing event.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful, thoughtful, and incredibly impressive

I cannot say enough wonderful things from how the staff at the Drake made our wedding incredibly special. From the moment I had first messaged them through WeddingWire, through the clean up the day after, their whole team was a dream to work with.

To begin with, the place was in the middle of some incredible renovations and the hotel transformed piece-by-piece leading up to our wedding day. From our initial visit to our wedding day, we witnessed small and big changes that made us fall in love with our venue even more. The gorgeous carpet in the Three Oaks Room made it seem even larger than before and the gorgeous fixtures in the lobby updated the space significantly. For the traditionalists, the charm that the Drake is remembered for is still there – the service is still remarkably impeccable. Robert at the front desk greeted everyone in our wedding, including my husband and I, like we were old friends. Catering manager Anna is a dream and is prepared for all types of events and her staff, especially bartenders Oscar and Jose, are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.

Also the food — WOW! Our tasting was incredible and the food served at that intimate setting was the same quality, if not even better, during the wedding itself. It's been a few months since our wedding, and our guests still cannot not stop talking about how delicious everything was.

I think what really makes the Drake stand out is their incredible management staff that's dedicated purely to weddings and events — Cathleen, Michael, and Gina. They responded even to my most ridiculous emails, suggested incredible vendors and set-up solutions for the space, facilitated set-up and clean-up, and made sure our guests felt incredibly pampered. Cathleen was the person I was in contact with since the beginning and was even there throughout the wedding, single-handedly setting up the small details for our wedding, coordinating EVERYTHING with our vendors, making sure my family, my husband and I were taken care of in the morning, and even facilitating a rain plan. My mom and I had debated for the longest time wondering if we should hire a day-of coodinator for our wedding, but we didn't need one at the Drake since their team is dedicated head-to-toe to making sure your event goes well.

I've relived my wedding reception over and over again since we got married. I cannot imagine marrying my husband anywhere else. From the moment we visited The Drake, visiting their friendly staff, enjoying the beauty of the space, knowing every detail will be professionally taken care of, I just knew this is what we had dreamed of for our big day.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Rachel & Jake,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We all loved working with you and your family planning your special day. We so want to be part of your family traditions from here on out. Please do not be strangers. We look forward to having you come back and see even more changes and have our staff take care of you. I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear about the exciting chapters you write in your story.

Cathleen
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 11/02/2018

Perfection

Honestly our experience with The Drake Oak Brook could not have been better. We booked our date about 11 months in advance, and were immediately kept up to speed about what to expect and when to expect it. We worked almost exclusively with Michael, who could not have been more responsive to all of my questions and concerns. All of my guests raved about the food, the space is stunning, and the coordination went off without a hitch. Having a one stop shop venue proved to be invaluable. We had our ceremony, reception, cake, and dinner all in/from one place, making our planning much less strenuous. My husband and I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to everyone looking for a venue

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Dana

Dana Bergan · Married on 10/27/2018

If you are looking for an Elegant wedding....You must visit the Drake Oak Brook

I just had the wedding of my dreams and can not even think of a single problem. The entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook went above and beyond especially Michael Dubina!!!! All of my guests have been raving about the food quality, the band, dance floor, amazing service and the undeniable Classy Elegant wedding venue.I coordinate large scale events for a living and also went to culinary school...... I am a very very hard critic of weddings. The entire experience was flawless. I will be recommending the Drake and Michael to everyone.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Benjamin Seeley · Married on 10/20/2018

Phenomenal Experience

Our experience at the Drake was phenomenal and worth every dollar we spent. Michael and Cathleen were two of the most understanding and accommodating people we have ever run into. The reception ran as smoothly as could possibly be imagined. The food was the best food I’ve ever eaten at a wedding, and I am a whiny little brat when it comes to wedding food. The staff was courteous and helpful to all of our guests. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. We could not recommend the Drake more highly.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Benjamin,
    I hope you two had a wonderful first Christmas as husband and wife! Thank you so much for your very kind words. We were so lucky to work with the two of you. Please keep us updated on all your wonderful adventures together.

Cathleen & Michael
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/27/2018

Obsessed with the Drake

As a bride, the goal is to have a venue with a team that you can trust and rely upon, and that supports and understands every idea you want to capture on your wedding day. The Drake, especially Michael, provided so much more than that and we were absolutely thrilled with every interaction we had with the Drake. From the first meeting, to our tasting, to our actual wedding reception and many emails in between, we were blown away by the responsiveness and support of the Drake. I would give them 10 stars on a scale of 5 stars, if that were possible. This is fantastic venue, with a fantastic team. Book them immediately.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Erin,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so happy that our team was able to deliver on Chris and your vision. Please be sure to stay in touch with us and all the exciting chapters you write in your story.

Cathleen Knobbe

Kristin Kolar · Married on 09/22/2018

Wouldn't Change A Thing...

Upon first visit I knew I could see myself getting married here, and luckily the husband agreed! Very unique space because it was not a cookie-cutter hotel banquet room. The ability to have a space that combined the outdoors, beautiful artwork, and a classic elegance inside was exactly what I envisioned. I can only imagine that the venue is even better now after the renovations.
    The staff was remarkable - both prior and day of. Michael provided my husband and I a lot of comical relief, which is exactly what I needed in this high stress moment. He also shielded me from drama that I didn't need to know. They also rectified some up-front issues we had with finding rooms due to another wedding eating up a lot of the availability.
    For weeks following the Big Day, we received many compliments from our guests! Many people said the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding, and the outdoor patio was a great option for people to mingle away from the music and enjoy the beautiful fall weather we had. We couldn't agree more. If I could do the day over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. The Drake was the key to our success, and we plan to visit as much as we can for years to come. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2018

We couldn't be happier with our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook. Michael Dubina and Cathleen Knobbe are the most responsive, personable, detailed, professional individuals when it came to planning and organizing. Every email, every phone call, was answered the same day, sometimes within minutes. Michael is especially detailed oriented and will have multiple spreadsheets and planning documents to keep everyone on track, it was so easy to work with him! Our wedding was Mardi Gras themed and we were able to incorporate custom foods created by their Chef into our menu and the colored light up dance floor made it even more amazing. I can't thank them and the Drake enough for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Jessie · Married on 08/18/2018

The level of customer service and commitment to making our wedding day unforgettable was evident in every interaction we had with the Drake Oak Brook.

In a somewhat unconventional fashion, we planned our Chicago based wedding while living in Houston TX. The end goal was to move back to Chicago 2 months before our wedding day. While most couples would need to fly back to Chicago to check out venues, the sales and catering staff offered to give us a virtual tour via Facetime. My fiancé (now wife) and I could not have been more pleased with their creativity and flexibility as we worked together to plan our special day from across the country.

Our decision to have our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook was the best decision we made. From the attentive staff and generous accommodations throughout the wedding day, to the planning team’s desire to make sure we felt comfortable with each decision, the experience from top to bottom was nothing short of spectacular. This holds true from the very first time that we met the staff, to the morning after the wedding; we felt as if we were part of the Drake Oak Brook family.

I would recommend the Drake Oak Brook for anyone looking to get married. You and your fiancé will be treated as more than just another wedding weekend. Most importantly, you will be treated as family and the staff at the Drake Oak Brook will ensure that your wedding day is everything you could have hoped for…. and then a little more.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mark · Married on 08/11/2018

Words couldn't express how great The Drake made our wedding day! Cathleen and her team made our day the best day we could have ever imagined!! While a wedding can be stressful when it is not managed well, we didn't experience any frustration as Cathleen and her team led us through every step of the way. On the day of the wedding everything was perfect: linens, dance floor, food/beverages, and most importantly, service. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to compliment how great the food and service were at The Drake Oakbrook.

Thank you so much for making our special day the best we could have ever asked for.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Mary · Married on 07/21/2018

Michaell Dubina and Anna couldn't have been more accommodating as we were planning the wedding and the brunch on Sunday. The ability to offer brunch on Sunday was a real plus as we had a significant number of guests who spent the night. And they graciously arranged for a special area for our brunch guests. Whatever needed to happen throughout the planning stages, Michael made happen with graciousness. Our guests had nothing but compliments for the venue and the service. Anna and her staff's service both during the reception and brunch couldn't have been more gracious and responsive to guest requests.

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

I had my wedding reception at The Drake Oak Brook on 5/19/18 and it was perfect, absolutely exceeding all of my expectations. The venue is so beautiful! We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/ outside veranda and dinner in the Three Oaks Ballroom. I had over 180 guests and the space fit everyone perfectly. I received so many compliments from my guests on the food (we had Filet Mignon, Chilean Sea Bass, and Vegan Pasta- all delicious!!) and the venue itself. I had plenty of space to get ready and take pictures with my bridesmaids in the morning, and we took some bridal party pictures near the beautiful gazebo before the reception. The light up dance floor was a big hit with my guests- it was so fun! We had many guests stay overnight and they loved the rooms. I very much enjoyed working with Cathleen and Michael during the planning process- they were always available to answer any questions we had leading up to the day and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. They are truly great at what they do. I can’t thank The Drake Oak Brook enough, my wedding was everything I dreamed of and more :).

Sent on 06/07/2018

Beth · Married on 04/21/2018

We loved our wedding! Everything went so smoothly. Our event coordinator went above and beyond to make our day special. The room was set up perfectly, the food was excellent, the wait staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. It was an excellent, fun, beautiful day.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Lucia · Married on 03/11/2018

The service was excellent. I highly recommend having an event at The Drake Oak Brook. The food was delicious. I am still getting great feedback from relatives and friends.

Sent on 03/19/2018
  • Z

Zana · event on: 12/02/2017

Overall rating is excellent! Team CRRC Sifang celebrated their Christmas party at the drake in Oak Brook ! Service, staff, food has impressed everyone ! Great JOB!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Teresa Duffey · Married on 11/17/2017

Exceeds Expectations!!!

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with the Drake Hotel in Oak Brook for our November wedding! Everything from our first tour of the space with Kathleen to the planning of our reception with event coordinator, Michael, to the day itself was specatacular! The Drake is a beautiful space with lots of character and charm that made for the perfect setting for our cocktail hour and dinner and dancing repection. We were treated with so much kindness, professionalism, and support from day 1, as were all of our family members and friends. The hotel staff took many extra steps to ensure the comfort and ease of our experience, bringing extra furniture to the bridal suite for my bridesmaids and I while we got ready the morning of the wedding, supplying hot water with lemon to my father throughout the weekend since he had come down with a cold and lost his voice, ensuring that guests who do not drink had non-alcoholic options for toasts, and countless other ways- big and small- that they made us all feel special and in caring, adept hands.
    One of the most important things for us in planning the wedding was to have delicious food, and the Drake very much delivered! Our guests are still raving about how much they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, and entrees! I was so happy to be a bride who actually ate some of her dinner and enjoyed every last bite!

I cannot say enough great things about the service and quality of the Drake Hotel-- the staff, food, ambiance, all of it made for a perfect setting for what, to me, was an absolutely perfect day! Zero complaints; we highly recommend the Drake for the next soon-to-be wed couple! :)

Sent on 12/12/2018

Kirsten · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough about how truly magical The Drake Oak Brook is. I had my wedding there in October 2017 and the venue, service, food, and rooms were incredible. The whole planning process leading up to the wedding day was seamless, and Cathleen was very knowledgeable and accommodating. We did our first look and wedding pictures around the property and in the gazebo. One thing I’d recommend that we did was reserve the Board Room as a hospitality suite for guests. It was great to have a home base for all of our out of town guests! There were around 130 people at our reception, which fit perfectly in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The room is very beautiful, lined with many windows and easily fit our 14 tables. When we arrived at the reception from the church, one of the most thoughtful and much needed parts of our day happened thanks to Cathleen. She took my husband and me briefly to a private area, brought us two plates of appetizers, and closed the door. It was such a great time to be alone after actually getting married and get something to eat before starting the cocktail hour and reception. I mean, how thoughtful is that?! Our cocktail hour was in the gorgeous Flower Room, where guests enjoyed a ton of passed appetizers (my husband wanted to take home a whole plate of the mini lobster rolls) and drinks before dinner. Anna and the whole staff were extremely attentive to our every need. Now, to the food. WOW. We offered 3 options plus a vegetarian. The food was absolutely amazing. Aside from saying that this was the best wedding they’ve ever attended (seriously people are still talking about it), people could not say enough about the quality of the food. The next morning, we also reserved space for our guests at Champagne Sunday Brunch. We had nearly 100 people attend and our friends said the food, staff, and room were so nice that we could have just gotten married at the brunch and it still would have been awesome. Seriously, have your wedding here!

Sent on 01/24/2018