The Drake Oak Brook Reviews

The Drake Oak Brook 7
  • Pmdoyle

Pmdoyle@prodigy.net · Married on 06/29/2019

The Drake Oak Brook Wedding Venue

Our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception was held at the Drake Oak Brook on 6/29/19. From the moment we booked the venue we knew it would be perfect in every way and it truly was. Working along side Michael Dubina(Executive Meeting Manager) was wonderful. He went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend spectacular. His kindness, sense of humor and knowledge meant the world to us. The moment our guests began arriving for a weekend of festivities compliments were flowing regarding the newly renovated hotel and the warmth and kindness of the staff. The wedding venue was beautiful. We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/outside veranda and dinner was served in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The decor, light up dance floor, food and service was phenomenal. Our guests cannot stop talking about how wonderful and beautiful everything was. Our wedding weekend concluded with the Drake's delicious Sunday Champagne Brunch. A heartfelt thank you to the entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook for making our daughter and son-in-law's wedding truly magical.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Erin

Erin O'Brien · Married on 05/18/2019

Make Sure You Check The Drake Out

My wife and I got married at the Drake in May. We almost crossed them off our reception venue based solely on pictures and reviews on sites like this, wedding wire and google, none of which do the Drake justice. My wife dragged me to the Drake and we both thought the spaces were unique, had character but yet offered all the conveniences of the hotel. We had our reception in the Three Oaks Ballroom, the Flower Room and had the veranda. The spaces were so impressive, to go from indoor and outdoor seamlessly. We had such an easy time working with Michael and his team, they really catered to us and helped my wife not become a bridezilla. We would recommend them to anyone - they really helped our wedding be an amazing event.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 11/02/2018

Perfection

Honestly our experience with The Drake Oak Brook could not have been better. We booked our date about 11 months in advance, and were immediately kept up to speed about what to expect and when to expect it. We worked almost exclusively with Michael, who could not have been more responsive to all of my questions and concerns. All of my guests raved about the food, the space is stunning, and the coordination went off without a hitch. Having a one stop shop venue proved to be invaluable. We had our ceremony, reception, cake, and dinner all in/from one place, making our planning much less strenuous. My husband and I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to everyone looking for a venue

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Dana

Dana Bergan · Married on 10/27/2018

If you are looking for an Elegant wedding....You must visit the Drake Oak Brook

I just had the wedding of my dreams and can not even think of a single problem. The entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook went above and beyond especially Michael Dubina!!!! All of my guests have been raving about the food quality, the band, dance floor, amazing service and the undeniable Classy Elegant wedding venue.I coordinate large scale events for a living and also went to culinary school...... I am a very very hard critic of weddings. The entire experience was flawless. I will be recommending the Drake and Michael to everyone.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Benjamin Seeley · Married on 10/20/2018

Phenomenal Experience

Our experience at the Drake was phenomenal and worth every dollar we spent. Michael and Cathleen were two of the most understanding and accommodating people we have ever run into. The reception ran as smoothly as could possibly be imagined. The food was the best food I’ve ever eaten at a wedding, and I am a whiny little brat when it comes to wedding food. The staff was courteous and helpful to all of our guests. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. We could not recommend the Drake more highly.

Sent on 12/26/2018

The Drake Oak Brook's reply:

Benjamin,
    I hope you two had a wonderful first Christmas as husband and wife! Thank you so much for your very kind words. We were so lucky to work with the two of you. Please keep us updated on all your wonderful adventures together.

Cathleen & Michael
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/27/2018

Obsessed with the Drake

As a bride, the goal is to have a venue with a team that you can trust and rely upon, and that supports and understands every idea you want to capture on your wedding day. The Drake, especially Michael, provided so much more than that and we were absolutely thrilled with every interaction we had with the Drake. From the first meeting, to our tasting, to our actual wedding reception and many emails in between, we were blown away by the responsiveness and support of the Drake. I would give them 10 stars on a scale of 5 stars, if that were possible. This is fantastic venue, with a fantastic team. Book them immediately.

Sent on 06/05/2019

The Drake Oak Brook's reply:

Erin,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so happy that our team was able to deliver on Chris and your vision. Please be sure to stay in touch with us and all the exciting chapters you write in your story.

Cathleen Knobbe

Kristin Kolar · Married on 09/22/2018

Wouldn't Change A Thing...

Upon first visit I knew I could see myself getting married here, and luckily the husband agreed! Very unique space because it was not a cookie-cutter hotel banquet room. The ability to have a space that combined the outdoors, beautiful artwork, and a classic elegance inside was exactly what I envisioned. I can only imagine that the venue is even better now after the renovations.
    The staff was remarkable - both prior and day of. Michael provided my husband and I a lot of comical relief, which is exactly what I needed in this high stress moment. He also shielded me from drama that I didn't need to know. They also rectified some up-front issues we had with finding rooms due to another wedding eating up a lot of the availability.
    For weeks following the Big Day, we received many compliments from our guests! Many people said the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding, and the outdoor patio was a great option for people to mingle away from the music and enjoy the beautiful fall weather we had. We couldn't agree more. If I could do the day over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. The Drake was the key to our success, and we plan to visit as much as we can for years to come. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2018

We couldn't be happier with our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook. Michael Dubina and Cathleen Knobbe are the most responsive, personable, detailed, professional individuals when it came to planning and organizing. Every email, every phone call, was answered the same day, sometimes within minutes. Michael is especially detailed oriented and will have multiple spreadsheets and planning documents to keep everyone on track, it was so easy to work with him! Our wedding was Mardi Gras themed and we were able to incorporate custom foods created by their Chef into our menu and the colored light up dance floor made it even more amazing. I can't thank them and the Drake enough for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    The Drake Oak Brook 8
    The Drake Oak Brook 9
    The Drake Oak Brook 10
    The Drake Oak Brook 11
    The Drake Oak Brook 12

Jessie · Married on 08/18/2018

The level of customer service and commitment to making our wedding day unforgettable was evident in every interaction we had with the Drake Oak Brook.

In a somewhat unconventional fashion, we planned our Chicago based wedding while living in Houston TX. The end goal was to move back to Chicago 2 months before our wedding day. While most couples would need to fly back to Chicago to check out venues, the sales and catering staff offered to give us a virtual tour via Facetime. My fiancé (now wife) and I could not have been more pleased with their creativity and flexibility as we worked together to plan our special day from across the country.

Our decision to have our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook was the best decision we made. From the attentive staff and generous accommodations throughout the wedding day, to the planning team’s desire to make sure we felt comfortable with each decision, the experience from top to bottom was nothing short of spectacular. This holds true from the very first time that we met the staff, to the morning after the wedding; we felt as if we were part of the Drake Oak Brook family.

I would recommend the Drake Oak Brook for anyone looking to get married. You and your fiancé will be treated as more than just another wedding weekend. Most importantly, you will be treated as family and the staff at the Drake Oak Brook will ensure that your wedding day is everything you could have hoped for…. and then a little more.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mark · Married on 08/11/2018

Words couldn't express how great The Drake made our wedding day! Cathleen and her team made our day the best day we could have ever imagined!! While a wedding can be stressful when it is not managed well, we didn't experience any frustration as Cathleen and her team led us through every step of the way. On the day of the wedding everything was perfect: linens, dance floor, food/beverages, and most importantly, service. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to compliment how great the food and service were at The Drake Oakbrook.

Thank you so much for making our special day the best we could have ever asked for.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    The Drake Oak Brook 20
    The Drake Oak Brook 21
    The Drake Oak Brook 22

Mary · Married on 07/21/2018

Michaell Dubina and Anna couldn't have been more accommodating as we were planning the wedding and the brunch on Sunday. The ability to offer brunch on Sunday was a real plus as we had a significant number of guests who spent the night. And they graciously arranged for a special area for our brunch guests. Whatever needed to happen throughout the planning stages, Michael made happen with graciousness. Our guests had nothing but compliments for the venue and the service. Anna and her staff's service both during the reception and brunch couldn't have been more gracious and responsive to guest requests.

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

I had my wedding reception at The Drake Oak Brook on 5/19/18 and it was perfect, absolutely exceeding all of my expectations. The venue is so beautiful! We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/ outside veranda and dinner in the Three Oaks Ballroom. I had over 180 guests and the space fit everyone perfectly. I received so many compliments from my guests on the food (we had Filet Mignon, Chilean Sea Bass, and Vegan Pasta- all delicious!!) and the venue itself. I had plenty of space to get ready and take pictures with my bridesmaids in the morning, and we took some bridal party pictures near the beautiful gazebo before the reception. The light up dance floor was a big hit with my guests- it was so fun! We had many guests stay overnight and they loved the rooms. I very much enjoyed working with Cathleen and Michael during the planning process- they were always available to answer any questions we had leading up to the day and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. They are truly great at what they do. I can’t thank The Drake Oak Brook enough, my wedding was everything I dreamed of and more :).

Sent on 06/07/2018

Beth · Married on 04/21/2018

We loved our wedding! Everything went so smoothly. Our event coordinator went above and beyond to make our day special. The room was set up perfectly, the food was excellent, the wait staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. It was an excellent, fun, beautiful day.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Lucia · Married on 03/11/2018

The service was excellent. I highly recommend having an event at The Drake Oak Brook. The food was delicious. I am still getting great feedback from relatives and friends.

Sent on 03/19/2018
  • Z

Zana · event on 12/02/2017

Overall rating is excellent! Team CRRC Sifang celebrated their Christmas party at the drake in Oak Brook ! Service, staff, food has impressed everyone ! Great JOB!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Teresa Duffey · Married on 11/17/2017

Exceeds Expectations!!!

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with the Drake Hotel in Oak Brook for our November wedding! Everything from our first tour of the space with Kathleen to the planning of our reception with event coordinator, Michael, to the day itself was specatacular! The Drake is a beautiful space with lots of character and charm that made for the perfect setting for our cocktail hour and dinner and dancing repection. We were treated with so much kindness, professionalism, and support from day 1, as were all of our family members and friends. The hotel staff took many extra steps to ensure the comfort and ease of our experience, bringing extra furniture to the bridal suite for my bridesmaids and I while we got ready the morning of the wedding, supplying hot water with lemon to my father throughout the weekend since he had come down with a cold and lost his voice, ensuring that guests who do not drink had non-alcoholic options for toasts, and countless other ways- big and small- that they made us all feel special and in caring, adept hands.
    One of the most important things for us in planning the wedding was to have delicious food, and the Drake very much delivered! Our guests are still raving about how much they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, and entrees! I was so happy to be a bride who actually ate some of her dinner and enjoyed every last bite!

I cannot say enough great things about the service and quality of the Drake Hotel-- the staff, food, ambiance, all of it made for a perfect setting for what, to me, was an absolutely perfect day! Zero complaints; we highly recommend the Drake for the next soon-to-be wed couple! :)

Sent on 12/12/2018

Kirsten · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough about how truly magical The Drake Oak Brook is. I had my wedding there in October 2017 and the venue, service, food, and rooms were incredible. The whole planning process leading up to the wedding day was seamless, and Cathleen was very knowledgeable and accommodating. We did our first look and wedding pictures around the property and in the gazebo. One thing I’d recommend that we did was reserve the Board Room as a hospitality suite for guests. It was great to have a home base for all of our out of town guests! There were around 130 people at our reception, which fit perfectly in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The room is very beautiful, lined with many windows and easily fit our 14 tables. When we arrived at the reception from the church, one of the most thoughtful and much needed parts of our day happened thanks to Cathleen. She took my husband and me briefly to a private area, brought us two plates of appetizers, and closed the door. It was such a great time to be alone after actually getting married and get something to eat before starting the cocktail hour and reception. I mean, how thoughtful is that?! Our cocktail hour was in the gorgeous Flower Room, where guests enjoyed a ton of passed appetizers (my husband wanted to take home a whole plate of the mini lobster rolls) and drinks before dinner. Anna and the whole staff were extremely attentive to our every need. Now, to the food. WOW. We offered 3 options plus a vegetarian. The food was absolutely amazing. Aside from saying that this was the best wedding they’ve ever attended (seriously people are still talking about it), people could not say enough about the quality of the food. The next morning, we also reserved space for our guests at Champagne Sunday Brunch. We had nearly 100 people attend and our friends said the food, staff, and room were so nice that we could have just gotten married at the brunch and it still would have been awesome. Seriously, have your wedding here!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Alexandra · Married on 10/07/2017

The Drake was the perfect venue to hold our wedding! Our reception was in the Flower Room which provided an amazing space and veranda. The food, appetizers, and drinks was phenomenal along with the service! Dana and Anna was fantastic to work with and ensured everything ran smoothly the day of. She went above and beyond to ensure our wishes were met. I cannot recommend The Drake Oak Brook Hotel enough for a wedding reception.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Ernestine · Married on 09/16/2017

They gave us great service, I would recommend the Drake for great service.

Sent on 09/30/2017

Nancy · Married on 06/10/2017

The atmosphere, service, and food were exceptional! Taylor was absolutely a delight to work with and the entire staff was most impressive. The Drake Oak Brook is the perfect place to book a wedding that is destined to be truly magical. Anyone looking for a venue should most definitely visit the Drake!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

natalie · Married on 02/04/2017

The venue was overall beautiful and very accommodating. Taylor, our Event Planner, was outstanding. She guided us through the entire planning process. Working with Taylor made all the difference not only because she was a professional, she was always accessible either by email or cell phone to any question I had.
    My daughter's wedding was held this past weekend. The food and service was excellent.
    I would highly recommend The Drake Oak Brook for a wedding reception. The wedding ceremony was held in the "Flower Room" . A plus because the room is surrounded by windows facing the beautiful grounds. Check out The Drake and ask for Taylor, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Seana · Married on 09/24/2016

The Drake Oak brook blew my now husband and I away. I wanted a Chicago wedding and he wanted sub burbs. The drake has elegance and character beyond the imagination. Looking back at our photos we truly have one of a kind photos to have with us forever. Taylor was absolutely amazing to work with. She always took extra time out of her day to work with us on all the details. For example, the floor plan was a really big deal to my in-laws and me. Taylor sat us all in her office and worked on different floor plans for 2 hours! She remembered little details that meant everything to me through the planning processes. Our guests have no stopped raving about the food. We have received nothing but complements regarding the service and food through the night. I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to anyone and everyone. The entire night was flawless and perfect. It was a direct reflection of the professionalism and experience upheld throughout the entire staff.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Marie · Married on 09/10/2016

When it came to selecting a Venue for our sons wedding, The Drake, had just been reopened. I met with their wedding coordinator Taylor. We found it to be the perfect Venue for everyone, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone. We were able to have the ceremony @ the Gazebo, the florist was able to decorate the Gazebo and the reception without a glitch. We were able to have a Jazz band there for cocktail hour, they had everything they needed to perform. The white glove hand passed hors d'oeuvre were so fresh and still hot. Then we move onto the terrace to listen to the jazz during cocktail hour and there was plenty of seating arranged for people to listen and drink and nibble. Our D.J.'s, yes two, had the perfect spot to set up in the Three Oaks room and the their sound did not reverberate. Moving onto dinner, the entrees were hot and thoroughly enjoyed. Their staff was so professional, from the bartenders to the servers. The morning after we had made a reservation for their brunch, I felt like I was at the Wynn in Las Vegas! If you ever have an opportunity to attend the brunch, please do so!!! I felt like I was watching a movie unfold. All the plans had come to life for our sons wedding and Taylor made it happen. Thank you so much Taylor for making their dream wedding come true on their wedding day!!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2015

The Drake was the perfect place for our New Years Eve wedding! From the beginning of planning to the day of the wedding, The Drake was easy to work with. Beautiful venue, great service, and delicious food were all compliments we heard from our guest that evening. We were fortunate enough to work with, Taylor, their event coordinator and she was more than fantastic! She was available, reliable, and friendly throughout the whole process. I would go back to The Drake for future events based on my wonderful experience here! :)

Sent on 01/14/2016