The Drake Oak Brook Reviews

The Drake Oak Brook 6
The Drake Oak Brook 7

Ellen Barry · Married on 08/31/2019

A delight to work with!

We loved the Drake! Our guests kept coming up to us and saying how this was the "best wedding ever" -- mostly thanks to the Drake's attentive staff and delicious food. I was nervous about the wedding preparations, but Michael Dubina made everything easy and was an absolute delight to work with. He is professional, prompt, and has a great sense of humor! Couldn't recommend enough!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Pmdoyle

Pmdoyle@prodigy.net · Married on 06/29/2019

The Drake Oak Brook Wedding Venue

Our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception was held at the Drake Oak Brook on 6/29/19. From the moment we booked the venue we knew it would be perfect in every way and it truly was. Working along side Michael Dubina(Executive Meeting Manager) was wonderful. He went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend spectacular. His kindness, sense of humor and knowledge meant the world to us. The moment our guests began arriving for a weekend of festivities compliments were flowing regarding the newly renovated hotel and the warmth and kindness of the staff. The wedding venue was beautiful. We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/outside veranda and dinner was served in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The decor, light up dance floor, food and service was phenomenal. Our guests cannot stop talking about how wonderful and beautiful everything was. Our wedding weekend concluded with the Drake's delicious Sunday Champagne Brunch. A heartfelt thank you to the entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook for making our daughter and son-in-law's wedding truly magical.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Erin

Erin O'Brien · Married on 05/18/2019

Make Sure You Check The Drake Out

My wife and I got married at the Drake in May. We almost crossed them off our reception venue based solely on pictures and reviews on sites like this, wedding wire and google, none of which do the Drake justice. My wife dragged me to the Drake and we both thought the spaces were unique, had character but yet offered all the conveniences of the hotel. We had our reception in the Three Oaks Ballroom, the Flower Room and had the veranda. The spaces were so impressive, to go from indoor and outdoor seamlessly. We had such an easy time working with Michael and his team, they really catered to us and helped my wife not become a bridezilla. We would recommend them to anyone - they really helped our wedding be an amazing event.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful, thoughtful, and incredibly impressive

I cannot say enough wonderful things from how the staff at the Drake made our wedding incredibly special. From the moment I had first messaged them through WeddingWire, through the clean up the day after, their whole team was a dream to work with.

To begin with, the place was in the middle of some incredible renovations and the hotel transformed piece-by-piece leading up to our wedding day. From our initial visit to our wedding day, we witnessed small and big changes that made us fall in love with our venue even more. The gorgeous carpet in the Three Oaks Room made it seem even larger than before and the gorgeous fixtures in the lobby updated the space significantly. For the traditionalists, the charm that the Drake is remembered for is still there – the service is still remarkably impeccable. Robert at the front desk greeted everyone in our wedding, including my husband and I, like we were old friends. Catering manager Anna is a dream and is prepared for all types of events and her staff, especially bartenders Oscar and Jose, are knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient.

Also the food — WOW! Our tasting was incredible and the food served at that intimate setting was the same quality, if not even better, during the wedding itself. It's been a few months since our wedding, and our guests still cannot not stop talking about how delicious everything was.

I think what really makes the Drake stand out is their incredible management staff that's dedicated purely to weddings and events — Cathleen, Michael, and Gina. They responded even to my most ridiculous emails, suggested incredible vendors and set-up solutions for the space, facilitated set-up and clean-up, and made sure our guests felt incredibly pampered. Cathleen was the person I was in contact with since the beginning and was even there throughout the wedding, single-handedly setting up the small details for our wedding, coordinating EVERYTHING with our vendors, making sure my family, my husband and I were taken care of in the morning, and even facilitating a rain plan. My mom and I had debated for the longest time wondering if we should hire a day-of coodinator for our wedding, but we didn't need one at the Drake since their team is dedicated head-to-toe to making sure your event goes well.

I've relived my wedding reception over and over again since we got married. I cannot imagine marrying my husband anywhere else. From the moment we visited The Drake, visiting their friendly staff, enjoying the beauty of the space, knowing every detail will be professionally taken care of, I just knew this is what we had dreamed of for our big day.

Sent on 08/12/2019
    The Drake Oak Brook 8
    The Drake Oak Brook 9
    The Drake Oak Brook 10

Rachel & Jake,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We all loved working with you and your family planning your special day. We so want to be part of your family traditions from here on out. Please do not be strangers. We look forward to having you come back and see even more changes and have our staff take care of you. I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear about the exciting chapters you write in your story.

Cathleen
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 11/02/2018

Perfection

Honestly our experience with The Drake Oak Brook could not have been better. We booked our date about 11 months in advance, and were immediately kept up to speed about what to expect and when to expect it. We worked almost exclusively with Michael, who could not have been more responsive to all of my questions and concerns. All of my guests raved about the food, the space is stunning, and the coordination went off without a hitch. Having a one stop shop venue proved to be invaluable. We had our ceremony, reception, cake, and dinner all in/from one place, making our planning much less strenuous. My husband and I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to everyone looking for a venue

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Dana

Dana Bergan · Married on 10/27/2018

If you are looking for an Elegant wedding....You must visit the Drake Oak Brook

I just had the wedding of my dreams and can not even think of a single problem. The entire staff at the Drake Oak Brook went above and beyond especially Michael Dubina!!!! All of my guests have been raving about the food quality, the band, dance floor, amazing service and the undeniable Classy Elegant wedding venue.I coordinate large scale events for a living and also went to culinary school...... I am a very very hard critic of weddings. The entire experience was flawless. I will be recommending the Drake and Michael to everyone.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Benjamin Seeley · Married on 10/20/2018

Phenomenal Experience

Our experience at the Drake was phenomenal and worth every dollar we spent. Michael and Cathleen were two of the most understanding and accommodating people we have ever run into. The reception ran as smoothly as could possibly be imagined. The food was the best food I’ve ever eaten at a wedding, and I am a whiny little brat when it comes to wedding food. The staff was courteous and helpful to all of our guests. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. We could not recommend the Drake more highly.

Sent on 12/26/2018

Benjamin,
    I hope you two had a wonderful first Christmas as husband and wife! Thank you so much for your very kind words. We were so lucky to work with the two of you. Please keep us updated on all your wonderful adventures together.

Cathleen & Michael
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 09/27/2018

Obsessed with the Drake

As a bride, the goal is to have a venue with a team that you can trust and rely upon, and that supports and understands every idea you want to capture on your wedding day. The Drake, especially Michael, provided so much more than that and we were absolutely thrilled with every interaction we had with the Drake. From the first meeting, to our tasting, to our actual wedding reception and many emails in between, we were blown away by the responsiveness and support of the Drake. I would give them 10 stars on a scale of 5 stars, if that were possible. This is fantastic venue, with a fantastic team. Book them immediately.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Erin,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so happy that our team was able to deliver on Chris and your vision. Please be sure to stay in touch with us and all the exciting chapters you write in your story.

Cathleen Knobbe

Kristin Kolar · Married on 09/22/2018

Wouldn't Change A Thing...

Upon first visit I knew I could see myself getting married here, and luckily the husband agreed! Very unique space because it was not a cookie-cutter hotel banquet room. The ability to have a space that combined the outdoors, beautiful artwork, and a classic elegance inside was exactly what I envisioned. I can only imagine that the venue is even better now after the renovations.
    The staff was remarkable - both prior and day of. Michael provided my husband and I a lot of comical relief, which is exactly what I needed in this high stress moment. He also shielded me from drama that I didn't need to know. They also rectified some up-front issues we had with finding rooms due to another wedding eating up a lot of the availability.
    For weeks following the Big Day, we received many compliments from our guests! Many people said the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding, and the outdoor patio was a great option for people to mingle away from the music and enjoy the beautiful fall weather we had. We couldn't agree more. If I could do the day over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. The Drake was the key to our success, and we plan to visit as much as we can for years to come. I would recommend this venue in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2018

We couldn't be happier with our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook. Michael Dubina and Cathleen Knobbe are the most responsive, personable, detailed, professional individuals when it came to planning and organizing. Every email, every phone call, was answered the same day, sometimes within minutes. Michael is especially detailed oriented and will have multiple spreadsheets and planning documents to keep everyone on track, it was so easy to work with him! Our wedding was Mardi Gras themed and we were able to incorporate custom foods created by their Chef into our menu and the colored light up dance floor made it even more amazing. I can't thank them and the Drake enough for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    The Drake Oak Brook 11
    The Drake Oak Brook 12
    The Drake Oak Brook 13
    The Drake Oak Brook 14
    The Drake Oak Brook 15

Jessie · Married on 08/18/2018

The level of customer service and commitment to making our wedding day unforgettable was evident in every interaction we had with the Drake Oak Brook.

In a somewhat unconventional fashion, we planned our Chicago based wedding while living in Houston TX. The end goal was to move back to Chicago 2 months before our wedding day. While most couples would need to fly back to Chicago to check out venues, the sales and catering staff offered to give us a virtual tour via Facetime. My fiancé (now wife) and I could not have been more pleased with their creativity and flexibility as we worked together to plan our special day from across the country.

Our decision to have our wedding at the Drake Oak Brook was the best decision we made. From the attentive staff and generous accommodations throughout the wedding day, to the planning team’s desire to make sure we felt comfortable with each decision, the experience from top to bottom was nothing short of spectacular. This holds true from the very first time that we met the staff, to the morning after the wedding; we felt as if we were part of the Drake Oak Brook family.

I would recommend the Drake Oak Brook for anyone looking to get married. You and your fiancé will be treated as more than just another wedding weekend. Most importantly, you will be treated as family and the staff at the Drake Oak Brook will ensure that your wedding day is everything you could have hoped for…. and then a little more.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Mark · Married on 08/11/2018

Words couldn't express how great The Drake made our wedding day! Cathleen and her team made our day the best day we could have ever imagined!! While a wedding can be stressful when it is not managed well, we didn't experience any frustration as Cathleen and her team led us through every step of the way. On the day of the wedding everything was perfect: linens, dance floor, food/beverages, and most importantly, service. Everyone who attended our wedding continues to compliment how great the food and service were at The Drake Oakbrook.

Thank you so much for making our special day the best we could have ever asked for.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    The Drake Oak Brook 23
    The Drake Oak Brook 24
    The Drake Oak Brook 25

Mary · Married on 07/21/2018

Michaell Dubina and Anna couldn't have been more accommodating as we were planning the wedding and the brunch on Sunday. The ability to offer brunch on Sunday was a real plus as we had a significant number of guests who spent the night. And they graciously arranged for a special area for our brunch guests. Whatever needed to happen throughout the planning stages, Michael made happen with graciousness. Our guests had nothing but compliments for the venue and the service. Anna and her staff's service both during the reception and brunch couldn't have been more gracious and responsive to guest requests.

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

I had my wedding reception at The Drake Oak Brook on 5/19/18 and it was perfect, absolutely exceeding all of my expectations. The venue is so beautiful! We had our cocktail hour in the Flower Room/ outside veranda and dinner in the Three Oaks Ballroom. I had over 180 guests and the space fit everyone perfectly. I received so many compliments from my guests on the food (we had Filet Mignon, Chilean Sea Bass, and Vegan Pasta- all delicious!!) and the venue itself. I had plenty of space to get ready and take pictures with my bridesmaids in the morning, and we took some bridal party pictures near the beautiful gazebo before the reception. The light up dance floor was a big hit with my guests- it was so fun! We had many guests stay overnight and they loved the rooms. I very much enjoyed working with Cathleen and Michael during the planning process- they were always available to answer any questions we had leading up to the day and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. They are truly great at what they do. I can’t thank The Drake Oak Brook enough, my wedding was everything I dreamed of and more :).

Sent on 06/07/2018

Beth · Married on 04/21/2018

We loved our wedding! Everything went so smoothly. Our event coordinator went above and beyond to make our day special. The room was set up perfectly, the food was excellent, the wait staff couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. It was an excellent, fun, beautiful day.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Lucia · Married on 03/11/2018

The service was excellent. I highly recommend having an event at The Drake Oak Brook. The food was delicious. I am still getting great feedback from relatives and friends.

Sent on 03/19/2018
  • Z

Zana · event on 12/02/2017

Overall rating is excellent! Team CRRC Sifang celebrated their Christmas party at the drake in Oak Brook ! Service, staff, food has impressed everyone ! Great JOB!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Teresa Duffey · Married on 11/17/2017

Exceeds Expectations!!!

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with the Drake Hotel in Oak Brook for our November wedding! Everything from our first tour of the space with Kathleen to the planning of our reception with event coordinator, Michael, to the day itself was specatacular! The Drake is a beautiful space with lots of character and charm that made for the perfect setting for our cocktail hour and dinner and dancing repection. We were treated with so much kindness, professionalism, and support from day 1, as were all of our family members and friends. The hotel staff took many extra steps to ensure the comfort and ease of our experience, bringing extra furniture to the bridal suite for my bridesmaids and I while we got ready the morning of the wedding, supplying hot water with lemon to my father throughout the weekend since he had come down with a cold and lost his voice, ensuring that guests who do not drink had non-alcoholic options for toasts, and countless other ways- big and small- that they made us all feel special and in caring, adept hands.
    One of the most important things for us in planning the wedding was to have delicious food, and the Drake very much delivered! Our guests are still raving about how much they enjoyed the hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, and entrees! I was so happy to be a bride who actually ate some of her dinner and enjoyed every last bite!

I cannot say enough great things about the service and quality of the Drake Hotel-- the staff, food, ambiance, all of it made for a perfect setting for what, to me, was an absolutely perfect day! Zero complaints; we highly recommend the Drake for the next soon-to-be wed couple! :)

Sent on 12/12/2018

Kirsten · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot say enough about how truly magical The Drake Oak Brook is. I had my wedding there in October 2017 and the venue, service, food, and rooms were incredible. The whole planning process leading up to the wedding day was seamless, and Cathleen was very knowledgeable and accommodating. We did our first look and wedding pictures around the property and in the gazebo. One thing I’d recommend that we did was reserve the Board Room as a hospitality suite for guests. It was great to have a home base for all of our out of town guests! There were around 130 people at our reception, which fit perfectly in the Three Oaks Ballroom. The room is very beautiful, lined with many windows and easily fit our 14 tables. When we arrived at the reception from the church, one of the most thoughtful and much needed parts of our day happened thanks to Cathleen. She took my husband and me briefly to a private area, brought us two plates of appetizers, and closed the door. It was such a great time to be alone after actually getting married and get something to eat before starting the cocktail hour and reception. I mean, how thoughtful is that?! Our cocktail hour was in the gorgeous Flower Room, where guests enjoyed a ton of passed appetizers (my husband wanted to take home a whole plate of the mini lobster rolls) and drinks before dinner. Anna and the whole staff were extremely attentive to our every need. Now, to the food. WOW. We offered 3 options plus a vegetarian. The food was absolutely amazing. Aside from saying that this was the best wedding they’ve ever attended (seriously people are still talking about it), people could not say enough about the quality of the food. The next morning, we also reserved space for our guests at Champagne Sunday Brunch. We had nearly 100 people attend and our friends said the food, staff, and room were so nice that we could have just gotten married at the brunch and it still would have been awesome. Seriously, have your wedding here!

Sent on 01/24/2018

Alexandra · Married on 10/07/2017

The Drake was the perfect venue to hold our wedding! Our reception was in the Flower Room which provided an amazing space and veranda. The food, appetizers, and drinks was phenomenal along with the service! Dana and Anna was fantastic to work with and ensured everything ran smoothly the day of. She went above and beyond to ensure our wishes were met. I cannot recommend The Drake Oak Brook Hotel enough for a wedding reception.

Sent on 12/16/2017

Ernestine · Married on 09/16/2017

They gave us great service, I would recommend the Drake for great service.

Sent on 09/30/2017

Nancy · Married on 06/10/2017

The atmosphere, service, and food were exceptional! Taylor was absolutely a delight to work with and the entire staff was most impressive. The Drake Oak Brook is the perfect place to book a wedding that is destined to be truly magical. Anyone looking for a venue should most definitely visit the Drake!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

natalie · Married on 02/04/2017

The venue was overall beautiful and very accommodating. Taylor, our Event Planner, was outstanding. She guided us through the entire planning process. Working with Taylor made all the difference not only because she was a professional, she was always accessible either by email or cell phone to any question I had.
    My daughter's wedding was held this past weekend. The food and service was excellent.
    I would highly recommend The Drake Oak Brook for a wedding reception. The wedding ceremony was held in the "Flower Room" . A plus because the room is surrounded by windows facing the beautiful grounds. Check out The Drake and ask for Taylor, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Seana · Married on 09/24/2016

The Drake Oak brook blew my now husband and I away. I wanted a Chicago wedding and he wanted sub burbs. The drake has elegance and character beyond the imagination. Looking back at our photos we truly have one of a kind photos to have with us forever. Taylor was absolutely amazing to work with. She always took extra time out of her day to work with us on all the details. For example, the floor plan was a really big deal to my in-laws and me. Taylor sat us all in her office and worked on different floor plans for 2 hours! She remembered little details that meant everything to me through the planning processes. Our guests have no stopped raving about the food. We have received nothing but complements regarding the service and food through the night. I would recommend The Drake Oak Brook to anyone and everyone. The entire night was flawless and perfect. It was a direct reflection of the professionalism and experience upheld throughout the entire staff.

Sent on 12/06/2016