The Douglaston Manor Reviews

The Douglaston Manor 1
The Douglaston Manor 2

Elise · Married on 08/30/2019

Douglaston Manor Wedding

The venue itself is gorgeous, like an old Italian villa, but it was the staff that made this place so special! There was so much that went into setting up for the big day that happened behind the scenes and I did not worry for one second that the Maitre D and bridal attendant would help get everything into place. Carlos and Lisa went above and beyond to make the day perfect. Everyone we met was helpful and was very accommodating to our requests. Thank you to our banquet manager, Anthony and to Cathy at the front desk! What a truly special place!!! We feel lucky to have had our wedding at the Douglaston Manor!

The Douglaston Manor 3
    The Douglaston Manor 4
    Sent on 10/12/2019

Deborah Washington · Married on 11/23/2018

Best 50 th Birthday Celebration Ever!

My sales person was Kathy, who was excellent in every where. I could not have celebrated my 50th birthday in a more perfect space. On the day of the event, we had to change the table arrangement and it was not problem for Kathy and the staff to accommodate.

I am so grateful for the wonderful memories.

Sent on 12/21/2018

The Douglaston Manor's reply:

Thank you so much Deborah. We are so happy your special day was all you were expecting. You were a pleasure to work with.

Rose · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Place for your Wedding!

Our experience with the Douglaston Manor was an actual dream come true! From the moment we walked in to see the Manor, Kathy, our wedding coordinator, was wonderful. Relaxed, sweet, and so caring about us and what we wanted, she never made us feel pressured or nervous and gently made suggestions which ended up making our night even better than we could have hoped. Working with Carlos our Maitre D and Michelle my Bridal Attendant was a blessing. Michelle was so attentive and helpful. Within minutes of meeting her, I felt like I was spending time with a good friend. She was so funny, kept me calm and literally did anything and everything I needed- most of the time without me having to ask her. The same could be said for Carlos. Just to give a small example, my fake eyelash starting come off a tiny bit. Without any eyelash glue on us, I was nervous about how we would fix the issue but The Manor proved how above and beyond they'd go when Carlos, unpromoted and unknown to me at the time, went out and brought me eyelash glue! It was a small gesture but it went a long way and showed me how devoted the Manor is to their clients. Michelle made sure he knew exactly what to get and she helped me fix it when he came back (which was unbelievably quick as well) . Carlos was fantastic at keeping my group organized and making sure the ceremony was perfect. We are so grateful to both of them. Aside from their exceptional service, the staff at the manor was outstanding- every room was impeccably decorated and arranged exactly as we had hope, all of the items we had brought with us for various aspects of the night were set up perfectly without instruction and the attention to detail was second to none. The food. I am biased seeing as it was my own wedding, but the food was incredible from start to finish. The cocktail hour sampling that Michelle left from my husband and I including EVERYTHING being served downstairs and was presented beautifully- time was clearly taken to make sure we were able to try the food but also have it presented to us in a really special way. Kathy had suggested we try an "off-menu" item, braised beef in a red wine sauce, and no surprise, it was easily the best tasting wedding dinner item I've had at any wedding. There are so many things that go into making a wedding day perfect and that means there are so many things that are easy to stress over. Not once during the planning process or on the big day did I ever feel worried or concerned. Everybody communicated clearly, checked and double checked things and did everything possible to ensure everything was perfect- not just great, but genuinely perfect. Oh, and the cost was VERY reasonable. Kathy worked with us every step of the way to accommodate our budget while making sure the elements we wanted were included. We are looking forward to going back to the manor for future celebrations and feel so thankful to have been treated so well. They made our day everything we ever could have hoped for!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Racine · Married on 10/20/2018

Tom was such a sweetheart and definitely made an impression with my fiancé. He greeted us at the door and made us feel so special. The venue is beautiful and the deciding factor between this location and the one we selected was the food option. There options were limited and did some research of my own and saw across the board on various sites the food was heavily critiqued and wait staff. It was a risk I wasn't willing to take with my guests.

Sent on 02/19/2017

LINA · Married on 07/16/2018

Thanks to the Douglaston manor and its wonderful staff especially Anthony our planner and Carlos for making our day special. Everybody was so pleased with the amazing hospitatlity and kindness that was displayed at the manor. From the setting to the food to the atmosphere, it was all PERFECT.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Anastasia · Married on 02/17/2018

Once we went to meet with their staff we were completely confident in having our reception here! First of all we worked with Anthony who was awesome. He was worked with us every step of the way, and was beyond accommodating. Any time I had a question or concern I could email him and he was very prompt in getting back to me. You really can tell he isn't about making the commission, he really is there to help you have the event you want to have. Second, the price could not be beat. I don't like talking money in detail, but this was worth every penny, and was quite reasonable for a venue in the NYC area. I also greatly appreciated that there were no last minute tack on's to rack up the bill (no extra "administration fee" or valet parking fee, it was all included with base price).

I waited to write this review until after our wedding, I wanted to be able to write about the day of as well. The food all night was BEYOND amazing! I greatly enjoyed everything I ate (and I did get to eat at my own wedding!), and everyone I've spoken to has been raving about the food since then. Our Bridal attendant Lisa was a GOD SEND. She was amazing. She was with us all night. I told her when we arrived that I wanted to get pictures done as quickly as possible (it was snowing and I wanted to enjoy our cocktail hour!) and I basically already knew where I wanted to do our photos. She got us and the photographers everywhere we wanted to go, kept us on time, reapplied my lipstick throughout the night, and most importantly kept us hydrated! When we got to cocktail hour someone stepped on my dress and ripped the hem off! Lisa had made one plate, she literally took me just outside, grabbed some pins, reassured me, and temporarily fixed my dress while I ate my plate of cocktail hour food and you wouldn't have known once she finished that anything happened.

Sent on 03/01/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/04/2016

The ENTIRE staff was on point. My guests still rave about how smooth the wedding was. We had exceptional service. Anthony (Tony) and Carlos made sure were were taken care of 100%

Sent on 01/17/2017

Derrick · Married on 10/29/2016

As a father, this was a critical event in my family's life. So many reasons WHY this was an amazing location for this special day. First: We worked closely with our Catering/Event Manager- Anthony. This is a true professional who looked out for our best interests at all times. He was one of the top reasons why we chose this location. Bottom line is that he cares! From the moment that we met Anthony till the wedding date, he was consistently communicating with us and exceeded our expectations for the day. Thank you Anthony.
    Next, Douglaston Manor is truly a remarkable venue. Amazing garden area for the ceremony that I can only describe as magical. Our event took place on October 29th and the weather was great. Again, as a father, I have an embedded memory of the beautiful garden and outdoor reception area overlooking the golf course. Magical!! The Manor itself- Beautiful, stylish, classy and memorable. All guests loved the location.
    I am honored to give a heart felt shout out to Lisa (bridal attendant) who had the toughest role - to prepare and console my wife, daughter and bridal party. Again exceeded ALL expectations. She is an incredible and caring individual who played a critical role in the success of the wedding. Lisa, you are a savior. Thank you!!
    I am alittle emotional writing this review. Again, as a father, I wanted the best day for my daughter and Douglaston Manor, Anthony and Lisa delivered. I would be honored if anybody wanted to contact me with any questions.

Derrick

Sent on 11/13/2016
  • User7319548 · 2+ years ago

We can not have the wedding so successful without Douglaston Manor team's help, Kathleen gave us the guidance in preparation, bridal attendant Lisa and MaitreD Carlos are very experienced in coordinating. The decorations and setting up of the ceremony and reception are elegant and gorgeous. Our guest gave high reviews about the food, open bar and service. We had a great evening. Thank you Douglaston Manor for everything!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Marc and Silvia · Married on 10/09/2016

Douglaston Manor does such a great job making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible from the start of the planning process to the actually wedding itself. Both of us had such an easy and enjoyable time working with Claudia and Anthony making sure everything was set before the big day. The venue is beautiful and the food is great! All our guests had nothing but great things to say.

Sent on 10/30/2016
  • F

FRANCIS · Married on 09/18/2016

Speak to Kathy and she will help you out!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Dana · Married on 09/16/2016

You absolutely have to see this venue in person. It is absolutely beautiful and the views are breathtaking. All the rooms are gorgeous and the staff is very friendly and definitely put you first.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Anahita · Married on 08/27/2016

Absolutely amazing! We had a very large Persian Wedding (nearly 300 people) at the end of August at Douglaston Manor and cannot be more grateful and appreciative for how incredible this venue was. First and foremost the Manor is GORGEOUS! It's a historical mansion on a golf course that makes you feel like you were just transformed into a European villa (you'll hardly believe you are in NYC).

The whole building is so classy and elegant, the minute I walked in I fell in love. It's a much nicer space than the hotel banquet halls that most weddings are held at.

Aside from how beautiful the building is, the staff is incredible. We had less than six months to plan our wedding. Anthony from Douglaston and the entire staff were extremely supportive throughout the entire process. They were always available by phone or email and did their very best to accommodate every vision we had for our special day. Whether it was setting up stage platforms, assembling an ethnic ceremonial table in the courtyard, extending our reception to a later time, to having my favorite drink in my hand during the night, they did everything they could to make our night special.

On the day of the wedding I was blown away at how every vision we had discussed came together in reality. The whole setup was flawless. We had SO many compliments by our guests on how great the event was (everything from the ceremony, to cocktail hour, to dinner and reception). This venue may have been the only wedding I've been to where the guests raved about how great the food was. The staff was incredibly kind and accommodating throughout the night especially the Maitre D' Carlos as well as the Bridal attendant Lisa.

If you're thinking of booking this venue, then think no more...just book it! You will not find a more beautiful space with such a down to earth and passionate staff as this venue. Thank you Douglaston Manor and Claudia for making our big fat Persian wedding such a memorable success!!!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Mark · Married on 07/10/2016

We booked Douglaston Manor for our July 2016 wedding. Anthony has been an amazing banquet manager. He was reliable, patient and resourceful whenever we had questions or needed help with our vendors. he was very organized and kept us organized for deadlines and in planning our wedding. The outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour stood out for our family and friends with palm trees, lounge furniture and the NYC skyline in the distance. Our family and friends loved the food as well. Mike, our Maitre'D was great. He made sure our night ran smoothly and it showed. Lisa, our bridal attendant, truly went above and beyond and we couldn't have asked for a better attendant. Overall, Douglaston Manor, the Maitre'D, and the staff made our wedding perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Alecia · Married on 06/26/2016

The Douglaston Manor made my day come true! I can't express enough how heartfelt I feel that Michael and his team made sure my day beyond special. When we decided to have our special day Michael worked with us at a very comfortable speed. I would truly recommend this venue again and again!

Sent on 07/22/2016

I booked Douglaston Manor for my Spring 2016 Wedding. So far they have been nothing but professional and courteous! My banquet manager Anthony is very responsive and has been flexible with everything I've requested. My grand parents celebrated their 50th anniversary vowel renewal here back and 2008 and it left a such a great impression that I just had to book my own wedding there. The food was great and the service was amazing as well. My wedding ceremony us outdoor and they offer indoors as a back up for any inclement weather, free of any charge. Everyone at the Douglaston Manor has been very courteous and responsive and even when my banquet manager is not in, there is always someone to help.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Deepa · Married on 04/23/2016

The Douglaston Manor was literally the most perfect place for our big wedding day. Kathy was a pleasure to work with planning all the details of our event - we had little to worry about as Kathy coordinated with our DJ and caterer to make sure the details were worked out. The night of Michael was our Maitre'd and literally had our 22-person wedding party all organized, well fed, well hydrated and ready to go. And I have to say a special thank to Samantha our wedding attendant - she went above and beyond anything I could expect. Whether it was standing on a table to help me change outfits and get my new jewelry on to making sure all of our wedding accessories were organized, I cannot thank her enough. To top it all off, the Douglaston Manor is a beautiful venue - the golf course, the outdoor cocktail hour and ceremony, the beautiful reception room. It was just so grand! I would recommend this gem to anyone - great staff, beautiful venue, what more can you ask for?

Sent on 04/29/2016

Natalie · Married on 01/02/2016

This venue allowed our wedding to be everything we had ever dreamed of and more!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Josephine · event on: 11/08/2015

We had our daughter' engagement party at the Douglaston Manor and it was just exquisite. We received a lot of positive feedback from all the guests that attended. The place is set up so beautiful and the room we were in had a beautiful view of the golf course. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a classy place.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Timothy · Married on 10/24/2015

My wife and I were Extremely happy we chose the Douglaston Manor to hold our wedding. Our wedding rep Anthony was great during the planning process. He made the process extremely pleasant and accommodated everything we requested.

The day of the wedding went just as planned. Carlos who was our Matre D catered to all of our request and the bridal attendant Lisa was great! The staff was very attentive and worked well with our vendors.

The best part of the experience was how much money we saved by choosing the Douglaston Manor. It was easily at least 25% cheaper than anywhere else we looked at that could accommodate 200+ guests.

We were a little worried that the food wasn't going to be so great since the price was so much cheaper than everywhere else but a lot of our guests commented on how tasty the food was.

I HIGHLY recommend choosing the Douglaston Manor!

Sent on 11/04/2015

My husband and I just celebrated our wedding at Douglaston Manor in August 2015. We searched for venues for weeks and nothing felt right, and almost booked another place right before coming to Douglaston. Instantly, we changed our minds and booked that same day at the Manor. We fell in love at first sight with the Spanish villa vibe of the venue and the beautiful grounds overlooking the golf course and the NYC skyline in the distance. And this was in the wintertime! We were not disappointed by Spring and Summer, when the Manor became even more gorgeous with blooming flowers and greenery. The staff was extremely inviting and helpful through the whole process. Our first manager, Carlos, ended up leaving a month before the wedding, but we were immediately informed of this and connected to the new manager, Mike. Mike was very accommodating and upheld all the details we discussed with Carlos, and catered to our needs for a Russian-style (family-style) wedding. He was responsive to e-mails and promptly answered any and all concerns. We were also able to come a few times to practice our wedding dances, whether or not Mike was on the grounds at the time. On the day of, Mike and his staff were organized, professional and warm and friendly to our guests. The bridal attendant, Lisa, was amazing!!! She was there to attend to our every need (whether we knew we needed it or not) and whim! She made the day go by smoothly and directed the entire day, from giving great suggestions for our photos, to allowing us a little break of peace and quiet among the events, to touching up hair/makeup, and serving us at the table....the list goes on. We are so grateful to Douglaston to help make our day memorable and amazing!

Sent on 08/25/2015

We had our wedding at Douglaston Manor in June of 2015. The Douglaston Manor is a gorgeous European style mansion located on a golf course. The staff are wonderful, the facilities top notch, and the cost reasonable. We instantly knew that Douglaston was a step above the rest of the NYC venues we had visited. We wanted to have an outdoor ceremony on premises, and the outdoor ceremony space at Douglaston is beautiful. Fortunately, we had a sunny day, but Douglaston also provides an indoor "in case of rain" ceremony space at no extra cost.

Banquet manager Anthony Calogero was particularly great to work with from the first visit through the wedding ceremony. He was attentive and helpful during meetings, and answered all emailed questions within a day. He genuinely cared for our event and made every effort to meet our requirements and special requests, such as scheduling an early arrival for first look photos, providing tours for a couple of our vendors, and last minute dinner seating updates.

Our only negative feedback is that our phone number was distributed to all Douglaston's affiliated vendors, and several of those vendors proceeded to call daily for several months.

In all, Douglaston was the best venue we could possibly have celebrated our wedding. Our guests commented that the space was breathtaking, the food was delicious, and the venue was classy. We would schedule another event here in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/28/2015

The Douglaston Manor's reply:

We are so happy you chose Douglaston Manor for your wedding as well and thank you for sharing your wonderful positive feedback with us. its brides like you with your kind words that help make this such a wonderful environment to be in. Anthony is so committed to his brides, so I am so pleased to hear that he went above and beyond for you on your special day.

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2015

The Douglaston Manor was amazing! The venue itself is absolutely exquisite. The staff is very kind and professional...especially Anthony, Claudia and the front desk receptionists. The food was outstanding – the Grilled Shell Steak & the Seabass Oreganata in particular were delicious. All-in-all, the Douglaston Manor far exceeded our expectations. They really made our dreams of a storybook wedding come true, and we would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful venue that can handle a large number of guests (ours was 200+). Absolutely exquisite!!!

Sent on 07/01/2015

The Douglaston Manor's reply:

Thank you Ashley for such wonderful feedback from your wonderful day. Your wedding was quiet beautiful just like you and we are so pleased to hear that everyone was able to make your wedding like a storybook tale you imagined it to be. Thank you for letting the Douglaston Manor be a part of such a joyous event and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness together.

Cathleen · Married on 10/10/2014

I recently got married in the beginning of October at the Douglaston Manor. Claudia the owner did an amazing job of making sure my wedding was perfect from the ceremony to the reception. Everyone complimented me on the food especially the Asian station at the cocktail hour which was claudia's idea. I even had a custom gold cake, I was so nervous how it would turn out I wanted the color to be perfect and It WAS! The room looked beautiful I wish I could upload pictures words don't do it justice ! The easiest part of planning my wedding was expressing my vision to Claudia. She always said "whatever you want, it's going to be beautiful" From start to finish I had an amazing experience, the staff was professional, friendly and comforting! I look forward to have many more memories at Douglaston Manor !

Sent on 10/30/2014

The Douglaston Manor's reply:

Cathleen your wedding was so beautiful as you were a beautiful bride. It was our pleasure to be a part of your wonderful day and we are so happy that we could make it perfect for you. Thank you for letting the Douglaston manor be a part our your wedding, and thank you for sharing such a wonderful review with us!!

Sara · Married on 09/27/2014

We had our entire wedding from ceremony through reception at Douglaston Manor and loved every minute of it. Anthony, our banquet manager, was so helpful through the process of booking and going through every last detail for our big day. He was friendly and transparent about everything. And the day went so smooth, our guests had so much fun and everyone complemented on how beautiful it was and how good the food was. And so much food too! Lisa was my bridal attendant and she was incredible. She was always a few steps ahead and there for everything. Thank you for making our day so special!!

Sent on 10/09/2014

The Douglaston Manor's reply:

Thank you sara for your wonderful review about your wonderful wedding experience with us with us at the Douglaston manor. We are so happy that your wedding was perfect and that Anthony and the staff was very helpful and the food was to your satisfaction. Our goal is to make sure that every wedding is unique and that every brides needs are met, so I am so happy that we could make your day special. Thank you for sharing your day with us!