The Desmond Malvern, a DoubleTree by Hilton Reviews

The Desmond Malvern, a DoubleTree by Hilton 2
The Desmond Malvern, a DoubleTree by Hilton 3

Karen Kleiman · Married on 12/12/2018

The Perfect Evening

To say everything was perfect may sound like an exaggeration, but, everything, in fact, was perfect. Kevin went out of his way to make sure the day ran smoothly and every single staff person was a delight to work with. The room helped create an ideal environment for the ceremony. The food was great and the party was a blast! A wedding day can be hectic, for sure, as well as amazingly wonderful. Everyone and everything at the Desmond helped create a spectacular celebration for our daughter.

jamie · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful venue with amazing staff!

I had a wedding at the Desmond Hotel in October and I have nothing but great things to say about the staff! Kevin and Andy were amazing and did everything they could to make our day special! The ballroom and conservatory were beautiful and classy; my guests said nothing but great things about how pretty it was. The food was amazing as well! Nothing but great things to say! Highly recommended!

melanie · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect experience

I recently got married at the Desmond in Malvern in October. It was perfect! I worked with Kevin throughout the whole process and he was amazing! So responsive to my many questions and requests! The actual wedding went perfectly. Andy was awesome to work with. All of our guests loved their food and had an amazing time. The renovations were lovely. The ballroom was BEAUTIFUL and way better than I even expected! Everything was wonderful and I can't say enough great things about this place!

D Koopman · Married on 06/23/2018

A perfect wedding reception

They did a wonderful job. The room was beautiful and the service was exceptional. It was beyond any expectations

Bryan · Married on 05/18/2018

May 2018 Wedding

We had our wedding reception at The Desmond in May 2018. From the very first moment we met Karen Eubanks, we knew we were in great hands. She was such a joy to work with, always so responsive to my questions, and very detail-oriented. The wedding package was an amazing value, and they did an outstanding job! The food was amazing (all the guests keep raving about that dessert bar!), the service was impeccable, the décor was stunning, and we loved that the cake, flowers, and table linens were all included. About 90% of our guests were traveling from out-of-state, so it was an added convenience that we could block rooms right there at the venue. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Elaine · Married on 05/12/2018

A wonderful wedding experience!

The Desmond was a great place to have our wedding! We had a great time the food and drinks were wonderful! The staff was very good Karen Eubanks and Kevin Johnston were remarkable! Everyone can’t stop talking about what a great time we had!

Megan · Married on 01/05/2018

Our wedding was January 5 and it was more perfect than I every could imagine. It truly was a fairy tale and the staff at the Desmond is responsible for that. The day of staff made everything flow without issue and were attentive and courteous about everything. Karen was amazing in the planning stages. She was quick to answer any questions and provide support for everything. Overall the planning process was easy and painless because of the support and knowledge of Karen. I am still in disbelief over how magical and perfect my wedding was and I felt like a princess. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Lori · Married on 12/29/2017

The Desmond Hotel did not disappoint! We recently hosted our wedding of approximately 92 people at the Desmond and it was a wonderful experience. The food was amazing. Several of our guests told us that the food served at the cocktail hour was the best they’ve had at a wedding. From start to finish the Desmond was terrific. Working with Karen for the initial planning and right up to our wedding day was a pleasure. She was always available to answer questions and happily offered advice to help make our day what we had envisioned. The banquet managers, Carol is wonderful by the way, were helpful and provided superior service. I would not think twice about having another event at the Desmond and we look forward to returning for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Terri · Married on 11/04/2017

We had a great time at The Desmond on November 4, 2017! They pay attention to the smallest detail. Because of a last minute change to the number of people attending our wedding they moved the ceremony from the main ballroom to the conservatory which is a beautiful room that has beautiful natural light due to all of the windows. The sunshine was a nice added touch. The service provided is second to none and no request is ever too much to ask. Alyssa was so helpful and did a lot to get rid of any anxiety leading up to the wedding day and the day of the ceremony. We would definitely recommend The Desmond for any event. Russ and Terri Brubaker

Sent on 11/14/2017

Katie · Married on 10/20/2017

Do yourself a favor... if you're thinking about booking The Desmond for your wedding, do it NOW. They were phenomenal at every single step of the process. It happened to be our first venue tour, and Kevin really wowed us. We visited a few other places to make sure we were certain, but every other place paled in comparison to The Desmond. Everything from the food to the service to the team were top notch, and they take care of so many details for you. We had centerpieces, uplighting, the cake (and they even add a chocolate covered strawberry to the plate!), linens, table settings, honeymoon suite included in our package. They also made sure we had clear expectations and the contract and plan outline were intricate. You name it... we had nothing to worry about.

Kevin (THE MAN), Alyssa, the banquet managers Andy and Kevin, our server Carol, and everyone in between gave us nothing but the best. The food was delicious, and during our tasting, we talked with Kevin for more than an hour. He made us feel truly welcome.

We heard rave reviews from every single one of our guests about how The Desmond went above and beyond. One small example... my aunt has a dietary restriction and can't have gluten. We didn't know this in advance, so when she didn't eat her crab cake, the server asked what the problem was, and when she told them, they brought back lump crab meat so she could still enjoy her meal. WHAT?! WHO EVEN DOES THAT?!

They also worked with us to get all of our out-of-town guests (the majority of our headcount) rooms, even though the hotel was absolutely packed that week/weekend.

Phenomenal all around, and would get married here over and over and over again. You should seriously just pick this venue and thank us later. We love every. single. aspect. of The Desmond and will be visiting for dinner and happy hour soon. :)

Sent on 11/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/16/2017

Very professional, helpful, and experts in wedding planning! Highly recommended! It was the perfect venue and exceeded all our expectations! Our guests raved about them and our wedding day was so much fun. They gave us everything we wanted and more. You can't go wrong with The Desmond!

Sent on 10/08/2017

We are having our wedding and reception there next year but so far Kevin has been outstanding with helping and always being there for any questions that I may have. The place is beautiful and I can't wait to marry my best friend next year.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Helen · Married on 08/19/2017

Our wedding guests were from all over, so almost everyone stayed at the Desmond. They helped us coordinate a welcome event on Friday night, an after party on the patio the night of the wedding, and a brunch following the wedding. Samantha was great to work with, and everything ran very smoothly even when we had to change locations for one event at the last minute because of rain. They also helped us coordinate the transportation for everyone to the wedding - the only complaint for that was that the buses were a little early to the wedding. Overall, the Desmond and Samantha were fantastic.

Sent on 02/18/2018

June · Married on 07/15/2017

We worked with Karen Eubanks, and she was responsive to every one of our needs throughout the planning process. She offered advice and opinions, and was very willing to make changes to accommodate or wishes. We were always confident that she had everything under control.

The wedding was everything we hoped for and more! The food was delicious and the service top notch, and the room looked absolutely gorgeous! I will most definitely recommend The Desmond to my friends and family.

We could not have asked for more from the staff that worked with us during the weekend, especially Karen and the banquet managers Kevin and Brince.

I have attached a pictures of the setup of the ceremony and the setup of the ballroom.

Sent on 11/15/2017
    The Desmond Malvern, a DoubleTree by Hilton 4
    The Desmond Malvern, a DoubleTree by Hilton 5
    The Desmond Malvern, a DoubleTree by Hilton 6
  • Q

Quin · Married on 07/01/2017

I was married at the Phoenixville Foundry and initially when I began my search for our room block, I wanted a hotel as close as possible to the venue. After visiting the Desmond, I realized those extra few minutes of travel time didn't matter at all. They were very accommodating and handled our large group (we had 62 rooms booked!) with ease and everyone said they had a great stay. Also offering to pick guests up for free at the Paoli train station was also super helpful as well as accommodating so many early check-ins. They also coordinated our shuttles for no extra charge which was a huge help so I did not have to deal with the vendor. We also hosted our after party on the back deck which was great and a day-after brunch in the garden room. Both events went so smoothly! They were extremely responsive. I was probably the most hands-on bride that didn't even host her actual wedding at the Desmond, but they really were phenomenal to work with.

Sent on 07/27/2017

betsy · Married on 06/30/2017

The Desmond was wonderful. Karen our event planner was exceptional. Kevin the banquet manager was attentive to all the details of the evening. The staff at the registration desk to the servers were friendly and helpful. The ballroom was beautiful, the food was good and everyone had a great time.

Sent on 08/02/2017

Mike · Married on 05/20/2017

The Desmond was very accomodating with everything we needed. They provided shuttles and we had an awesome breakfast on Sunday for our guests after the wedding. The rooms were all very nice and it had a homey feel to it. The restaurants and bars were all very good and made for a fun place to hang out after the wedding! Overall, we had a great experiece. If you are getting married anywhere close to Malvern, choose the Desmond!

Sent on 06/01/2017

Tom · Married on 04/08/2017

My wife and I were married back in April and had our reception at the Desmond. Great dinner and dessert! Karen Eubanks made sure we received exceptional service. We would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Christine · Married on 11/19/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Desmond! It was truly fantastic. Everyone we worked with was so kind, helpful, and supportive throughout the process. The event went so smoothly... all of our guests made a point to tell us how amazing the venue and staff were! It was an amazing day and we are so grateful to the Desmond for all they did.

I highly recommend the Desmond! Best choice we made! :-)

Sent on 11/28/2017

Mary · Married on 10/28/2016

the ball room is amazing and the manager Andy was more than perfect!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Phil · Married on 10/09/2016

Karen Eubanks was excellent to work with. The banquet staff was very responsive and paid attention to every detail. The ceremony in the Atrium, on a beautiful Fall day, could not have been better.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

Our day was perfect. We are not a "normal" wedding couple, and everyone at the Desmond went out of their way to make our day exactly the way we dreamed it. I could not have asked for anything more, and I want to do the whole night over again! <3

Sent on 10/12/2016

jackie · Married on 09/10/2016

Our experience was exceptional. this is a thank you note that I sent to Karen Eubanks - she was phenomenal!!!
    I would recommend your venue to anyone and everyone that is getting married
    Dear Karen,
    Tom and I wanted to personally thank you for all that you did to make Cathy & Kyle’s wedding day a special and memorable event. From the first meeting back in January until the day arrived, you were there with us every step of the way. You immediately responded whenever we had questions. Your expert knowledge and overall experience in wedding planning were critical to ensure that the day went off without a hitch, which it did. Your management and attention to detail with every aspect of our wedding were flawless and it was rather obvious in the spectacular time that was had by everyone in attendance. Your dedication to making Cathy & Kyle (and of course Tom and I) the happiest couple was truly evident in everything you did for the wedding. The ceremony was perfect. The reception was a blast and even more importantly every guest has a wonderful time. Thank you for being with us on this wonderful and amazing journey. You are appreciated from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Shekhinah · Married on 09/04/2016

Please use their vendors for all of your event needs! The venue was accommodating and the hotel was very helpful during the process.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Thomas · Married on 08/27/2016

Our wedding went off perfectly. The food was exceptional, the staff (event and hotel) were truly accommodating, and the venue was beyond gorgeous!! We used 12 outside vendors, some of whom already had a relationship with The Desmond, some who were new. We had NO issues getting them all to connect with The Desmond staff, coordination was perfect, and there was no "vendor drama". The Bride, the families, the guests, and the vendors all ended the day quite happy. We absolutely had The Perfect Wedding!! Super Special Thanks to Karen Eubanks (The Desmond)!!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016