The Delish Dish Reviews

14 | Covington, KY

14 Reviews for The Delish Dish

14 The Delish Dish Reviews

Caitlin · Married on 10/08/2016

Mavis and the Delish Dish crew did a fabulous job at our wedding. They catered and bartended and we heard only positive feedback from our guests. Mavis was so great to work with. She listened to exactly what my husband and I wanted (stations, including tacos and perogies!), made expert suggestions, took care of ordering all the chairs/tables/linens/dinnerware, and was always quick to respond and get things done for us. The Delish Dish absolutely contributed to the success of our wedding and we are so happy we hired them.

Rachael · Married on 09/23/2016

We used them for our wedding reception and the food was phenomenal!! I absolutely recommend them for any event you have. The staff was incredible and the food was perfect. The candied bacon is the best!!

Betsy · Married on 09/18/2016

Mavis and The Delish Dish catered our rehearsal dinner at The Turn Vintage Warehouse in Newport, KY. The food was fabulous, creative and beautifully displayed. Our guests were very impressed and we looked great for selecting them. We were so happy with the staff and their responsiveness to our needs. We choose a vegetarian menu and the selection was great. I highly recommend The Delish Dish and look forward to occasion to use them again.

libby · Married on 08/12/2016

We love Delish Dish! They catered our 150+ wedding a few weeks ago. Our day went so smoothly because of her organization, attention to detail, professionalism and most importantly - poise under pressure. Our guests repeatedly told us that the food was the best wedding food that they'd ever had. From the very beginning of planning she worked with us to put together a menu that complimented our vision. I was very worried about our venue because it required that we rent chairs, table clothes and do a lot of the set up. Mavis went above and beyond to coordinate with a rental company and made that process seamless. Throughout the day my mom kept thanking God for Delish Dish. I cannot say enough good things about the company and am so glad we were able to work with them.

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2016

We hired Mavis to cater our wedding less than 3 months out. From day 1, she was extremely responsive and put our minds at ease that she would do a fantastic job. Mavis was very detail-oriented and professional and highly responsive through email, as well as kind and fun to work with. Perhaps more importantly, her food was delicious and unique and exactly what we were looking for. We were able to craft an interesting buffet that was amenable to a number of gluten free and vegetarian guests, but still perfect for all the meat-eaters. We couldn't have been happier with the food and the service. We liked Mavis so much that we hired her to cater a breakfast brunch the next morning, which was also fantastic. We couldn't recommend Mavis more strongly-- she and her team were wonderful and the food was creative and delicious.

Leigh · Married on 07/03/2016

It was a delight to work with Mavis. She was very creative and flexible with our menu and our signature cocktails, and she always had a can-do attitude. The team members she brought with her to the house for our backyard wedding were wonderful -- very friendly, funny, and efficient! The food was displayed beautifully and tasted great - we heard many compliments from our guests. Thank you Mavis and team! Leigh H

Sent on 08/10/2016

The Delish Dish's reply:

Thanks so much, Leigh. We had so much fun catering your wedding!

Andrea · Married on 06/17/2016

The food was phenomenal!! Everyone just loved everything!! Mavis and her team were so easy and professional to work with.I would definitely use their services again and highly recommend them.

• Frank & Mike

Frank & Mike · Married on 04/24/2016

Our wedding on April 24 was literally the best day of our lives - and having Mavis and her Delish Dish team as our caterer was a big part of that. From the delicious sliders buffet - including vegan options - to the sterling service provided our guests by Natalie and her crew, to Natalie's thoughtful planning and suggestions that helped the evening flow worry-free for us, Delish Dish was "A+" and we recommend them to everyone!!!! - Frank & Mike

Heather · Married on 04/23/2016

The Delish Dish catered our wedding in April. I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Mavis and her team! From our initial meeting, Mavis stood out to me. Our reception was at a brewery, so I wanted to work in some subtle beer themes into the menu. Mavis was fantastic at suggesting items. I felt like she really took and interest in helping me plan a really delicious menu that also fit our budget!

Throughout the planning process she was always responsive and accommodating to any additional requests.

As for the day-of, everything went off without a hitch! I have to believe that part of this was due to her organization and making sure she'd thoroughly communicated with the venue manager. Most importantly the food and the service was impeccable! We chose the beef brisket and the beer braised chicken both of which were tender and delicious! Throughout the dinner the staff was attentive making sure my husband and I were taken care of.

If you're looking for creative options beyond the standard catering offerings, that are also made from scratch, I highly recommend The Delish Dish!

Bianca · Married on 10/17/2015

Mavis and The Delish Dish team were a dream to work with. Mavis was completely helpful during the planning process and the food was amazing! All of my guests were so impressed with the food and I received compliments all night long about the service. Mavis and her team also provided our guests with unique flavored jam favors to keep. I cannot say enough great things about Mavis and her team and look forward to working with her again:)

Mavis and her team were wonderful! Despite a downpour during and after our wedding, they maintained poise, grace, and service unmatched. Her team was helpful, able to solve problems quickly and to top this off, the food was amazing with gorgeous presentations! I will be hiring them again for our next event! Thank you Mavis, we are grateful!

Laurel · Married on 10/12/2013

Mavis and her crew did an incredible job for our wedding in October 2013. The food was seriously delicious and the set up of our appetizers and buffet were beautiful! The entire Delish Dish team were so great to work with, very professional yet so personable the entire time. Mavis even made sure my husband and I got to try the appetizers even though we were taking pictures when the apps were put out. I didn't have to worry about a thing when it came to the food on our day. I can't recommend this team enough. The quality of service and food is truly amazing. Thank you Mavis and the whole team for helping make our day perfect!

Sent on 11/01/2015

The Delish Dish's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us Laurel! We loved catering your wedding day. It was such a special event for us. :)

Andrea · Married on 05/29/2016

Mavis catered our wedding on 5/29/2016 and it was wonderful! We had a small wedding (~60 people), and opted for a slider bar with multiple sides. All of the food was delicious, and the service was impeccable - Mavis and her team were so helpful and professional. She made sure everything ran smoothly. Our guests loved the food, and we got many compliments on it. She even helped us get the cake set up and ready to cut (and reminded us to get it out of the fridge at the end of the night!). In the planning stages she was so easy to work with, and very open to our suggestions and ideas. Her menu had many items and options to choose from (including vegetarian options, which was great for some of my guests!), and we loved that she makes everything from scratch. We absolutely recommend her 100%.

The Delish Dish was a pleasure to work with. The food was great but most important to me the service was top notch!