The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Christina
    Christina F. Married on 06/21/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

BLOWN away! Incredible venue and staff!

We still cannot get over how PERFECT our wedding day was at the Dearborn Inn. We have nothing but great things to say about Robert and his team at the Dearborn Inn. We were originally supposed to get married on June 21, 2020, but due to COVID we had to postpone until June 20, 2021. Robert made sure this whole process was as smooth as possible. He was always willing to answer our questions and provide us the most up to date information and possible next steps. He made planning a wedding in a different state during COVID seamlessly. It is crazy how he is able to note all of the small details and make it all happen like magic! Our family and friends cannot stop talking about how amazing our wedding was and how fabulous the food was. Our whole wedding was exactly how we envisioned it! The ballroom was absolutely beautiful. We were so happy that we selected the Dearborn Inn as our wedding venue and highly, highly recommend to anyone planning to get married. Thank you so much for everything!
  • Demetria
    Demetria Married on 01/11/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gorgeous Venue & Amazing Service!

My husband and I are so thrilled that we chose the Dearborn Inn for our wedding venue, everything was just outstanding!

The Alexandrea Ballroom is easily the most elegant option we looked at (out of 14)! The Lobby is ideal for pictures and guest’s first impression.

What really stood out to us & our guests was the excellent service! The Chef was soo accommodating. Even our really picky, hard to impress guests were raving about the delicious food and generous portions! Jordan (front desk) saved me the night of my rehearsal when I was running super late. Colleen (event coordinator) came up with all sorts of creative solutions & ideas. The banquet servers all seemed genuinely happy. Mo (Banquet Captain) went above and beyond to make the night special! He took the time to note the most popular drink and upgrade it, and gave us our end of the night drink (because we both were too busy to ever have one)!

Oh and so much more, I can’t even express how beautiful the day turned out and how perfect the Dearborn Inn was! We’re forever thankful!!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful 5 star review. Our team is elated they helped to make your special day perfect.
    Dan J. Married on 10/27/2019

Dearborn Inn ROCKS!

The Dearborn Inn made our wedding PHENOMENAL. You and your guests won't be disappointed. We were lucky enough to be paired with Paulette, who helped us every step of the way. After we signed, we were treated to a tasting that was out of this world. Paulette even let us add a few special touches that really made our big day special, including a birthday cupcake for my Mom as the next day was her 70th birthday. The venue was gorgeous, exceeded our expectations in every way. Paulette was there to make sure the night ran smoothly. We felt supported every step of the way. Our guests loved the classic and historic feel of the hotel and the venue. And it was unanimous that the food was remarkable. As the other reviews indicate, you will not regret having your wedding at the Dearborn Inn. We loved every part of it. Thank you Paulette!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 05/04/2019

Lovely Historic Hotel and Reception Location

Dearborn Inn is a perfect combination of historic and modern touches. The gardens are beautiful for wedding photos as well. We loved this location and had our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and Sunday post wedding brunch all at this location. This made it very easy for all of our guests to enjoy the weekend as the hotel is very nice as well. The Dearborn Inn ballroom is perfect for up to 350 guests and would be an ideal location for any formal event. Christie and the staff were great to plan with. Dan the events manager made sure we were well taken care of that evening. All the wait staff was courteous and attentive. 5 star experience!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Thank you for this amazing 5 Star review!

Christie, Dan and our entire event and culinary staff are delighted they were able to help make your special day a perfect memorable experience for you and your guests.

Congratulations and Warmest Wishes from The Dearborn Inn Marriott Hotel
    Jenny Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We have great experience with our event manager Robert George for my daughter's wedding at Dearborn Inn. George is very organized, detail oriented, thoughtful, patient and cheerful person. He has high standard of customer services. He replied my emails quick and answered my questions clearly and logically. I felt peaceful after reading him emails, because many things are decided from each email. Our vendors needed to setup the venue at 12pm, per our contract the venue was available at later time, Robert helped to coordinate the early time setup with all parties. On rehearsal dinner day and the wedding day, Robert was with us all the time to support. Our wedding was beautiful, and everything was as planned. We are all very happy to have the wedding at Dearborn Inn.

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Thank you for this amazing 5 Star review! Robert and our entire staff are delighted they were able to help make your wedding day as beautiful day. Warmest Wishes to the new Mr. & Mrs. The Dearborn Inn Marriott Hotel
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 12/02/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I could rave about my experience with The Dearborn Inn for hours. Robert George, our event planner, was absolutely the best. He was a lifesaver in helping to take care of our wedding block, he helped book the hotel shuttle, worked with me on taking care of the bridal suite, reserved the bar for a welcome party and helped me plan a post wedding brunch. I and all of our guests had the most amazing time at the Dearborn Inn. It was perfectly decorated for Christmas, which added such a whimsical touch. Not only was Robert George a saint but all of the staff that we came in contact with were so helpful and friendly and just wanting to make our experience the best. I could not be more thankful that we went with The Dearborn Inn, it made our weekend the best it could be.
    Christine Married on 10/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had our wedding here 10/08/2017 and couldn't have been happier with our choice. I had scouted roughly 20 other venues and narrowed it down to a top 5 then top 2. The Dearborn Inn won me over with an amazing menu, beautiful location for photos, ceremony and reception. Starting from the time I first spoke with my coordinator Christie to the last day communication was prompt and any questions I had she had answers to. Everyone raved about the food and beauty in general of the Alexandria Ballroom and Gazebo we were married in. Perfect back drop for photos with the colonial homes, trees and marbled lobbies. Dan was wonderful through out the reception taking care of anything we needed and was careful with our stuff when taking it down and loading it up in the car for us. I magically lost my card box and cake cutting set in my house but The Dearborn Inn provided me with beautiful back ups. My day ran smooth, the staff was helpful and polite. Everything was perfect! Thank you to all of the staff, Christie and Dan!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Thank you for this amazing 5 Star review! Christie, Dan and our entire staff are beyond delighted they were able to help make your special day perfect.
    Warmest Wishes to the new Mr. & Mrs.
    The Dearborn Inn Marriott Hotel
  • User2389927 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Beautiful venue! The ballroom is big and the service is great. It was very convenient to have the ceremony, reception and overnight accommodations all in the same location.

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

We are delighted you were happy with your Dearborn Inn experience. Thank for the 5 Star rating!

• User2389714 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Such beautiful grounds to take pictures at! They are so accommodating and provide excellent customer service. The grand ballroom is so beautiful! I am so glad I can have my ceremony and reception in the same room.

Kelly Married on 07/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We can not say enough how amazing our wedding was at the Dearborn Inn. Our wedding was held on July 29th, 2017. Christie was our event manger and she was wonderful during the whole process. We had our cocktail and reception upstairs in the Alexandria Ballroom. The set up of the room exceeded my expectations. The food was delicious, the hotel was beautiful, and the staff was absolutely top notch! We can not thank the Dearborn Inn enough for making our day so wonderful!!!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Thank you for this amazing 5 Star Review. Christie, our Executive Chef and our entire event team will be so delighted to hear you were happy with your Dearborn Inn experience.
    Molly Married on 05/27/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Is there a button I can click for 10 stars? Our Wedding took place on Saturday May 27th 2017 at the Dearborn Inn and I cannot put into words how perfect it was. The Dearborn Inn holds a special place in my heart as it is the same location my grandparents held their special night in 1957. With the accessibility of being two blocks away from my home church it was too good to be true. From the first minute of booking to the last minute of dancing, everything fell right into place.
    The Dearborn Inn’s staff knows a thing or two about Wedding’s :) Having decades of experience, I truly enjoyed the planning process never encountering stress. From Mike the manager, Wedding Coordinators and Kitchen staff, every worker is professional, organized and always wearing a smile on their face. The food was incomparable and cooked to perfection. Our Bridal Suite and guests hotel accommodations were wonderful and convenient. The grounds were well maintained and the lobby didn’t have a single dust bunny! Our guests are still raving about the Dearborn Ballroom and how beautiful it all was.
    Now it is my time to boost about our Wedding Coordinator, Paulette O’Connell. Paulette is one in a million. Aka book your reception at the Dearborn Inn and request Paulette O’Connell. She is a great listener, values the importance of time-management, and wants to help exceed all Wedding Pinterest boards. Paulette is a new friend and overall just an amazing person. Did I mention they touch base with all of your other vendors’ weeks before your big day? Cross that off from your to-do list!
    God has a special way of putting people in your life for the better. Everyone we worked with and alongside for our Wedding changed our life for the better. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for everything. You allowed me to be the best version of myself, kept things organized and brought happiness to all. You will always have a special place in the Stoming/Thomas family :)

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

WOW, thank you for this amazing 5 Star rating! We are so delighted you, your family and guests were happy with your Dearborn Inn experience.

Warmest Regards, Your new friends at The Dearborn Inn, Marriott Hotel
    Katrina Married on 11/05/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I would recommend the Dearborn inn to anyone looking for a reception venue!
    Everyone was raving about the food, and atmosphere. The room was absolutely gorgeous!
    Meghan Married on 10/21/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had the most amazing experience with the Dearborn Inn! Every single thing was perfect and Robert George was wonderful! The staff at the Inn made our day absolutely perfect!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing 5 star review. Robert and our entire event team are beyond delighted they were able to help make your day perfect!
    Warmest Wishes to the new Mr. & Mrs.
    The Dearborn Inn, Marriott Hotel
    Val Married on 08/20/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Dearborn Inn is amazing!! We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and brunch all at the Dearborn Inn and it was so convenient. From the very beginning the sales team and events team were so supportive, informative, professional and friendly! Lizzi, our event coordinator, knew how to do her job well! Our guests LOVED the convenience of having everything at one spot. The entire bridal party got ready the morning of and it was so much fun. The food was amazing!!! The ballroom is gorgeous on its own without any crazy over the top decorations. I honestly cannot speak highly enough! If I were to do it all over, I would get married at The Dearborn Inn again!

The Dearborn Inn Marriott Hotel responded with the following comments:
    Thank you so much for the 5 Star rating! Our Sales and Event Team are so delighted you were happy with your Dearborn Inn experience and that you and your guests loved the convenience of the hotel and ballroom. It was truly our pleasure!

Elena Married on 07/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From our earliest interactions with Stacy (sales) to our tasting and wedding planning with Christy & Kelsey, we felt that the Dearborn Inn valued our business. They took care of us from start to finish. The banquet staff was so accomodating and ensured we had a stress free existence on our wedding day. They even altered the brunch menu to feature our favorite "chicken & waffles". I highly recommend the Dearborn Inn for any event, but especially for weddings!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for the 5 Star rating!

We are delighted you were happy with your Dearborn Inn experience and are happy to here that Stacy, Christie, Kelsey and the Dearborn Inn team were accommodating and exceeded your expectations.

It was truly our pleasure!

• User2555017 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I just got married at the Dearborn Inn, on March 5. The Dearborn Inn far exceeded both of our expectations. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about the people at the Dearborn Inn; everyone was so kind and generous. From the moment I stepped foot in the hotel and met the sales manager, Dana, I knew this place was special. Then we had our food tasting and were blown away by how good everything was and met Paulette, our event manager. She really went above and beyond to make our day special. I don't think there are enough words to thank the Dearborn Inn for such an amazing and perfect wedding. If you are looking for venue, you have to go to the Dearborn Inn. You seriously will not regret it!!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

We are delighted you were happy with your Dearborn Inn experience and are happy to here that Lisa, Paulette and the Dearborn Inn team met and exceeded your expectations. Thank for the 5 Star rating!

Warmest Regards,
    The Dearborn Inn
    Bart Married on 08/08/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We could not have asked for more from everyone at the Dearborn Inn. We had both the ceremony and reception there. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. So lovely we had a hard time choosing which spot to use for the ceremony. Then the grand ballroom was magnificent. The wait staff was personable and efficient. The food was excellent. The bartenders friendly and outgoing. Paulette was there all evening to handle everything for us. We could not have been happier. Our daughter said it was her perfect dream wedding. THANK YOU Dearborn Inn for making it all we wanted and more. I highly recommend the Dearborn Inn for a fabulous experience from beginning to end. All my guests agreed - what a wonderful experience for all.

Trisha Married on 12/06/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Robert George was amazing! He was able to accommodate any and every request we had asked always was timely in getting back with me. Dearborn Inn staff is so professional, absolutely top notch service. Class all the way!

The Dearborn Inn A Marriott Hotel's reply:

Robert is definitely a shinning example of what customer service should be. We are proud to have him as part of our Dearborn Inn Team and are delighted you were happy with your Dearborn Inn experience. Thank for the 5 Star rating!

Angela Married on 06/07/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We LOVED everything about having our ceremony and reception at the Dearborn Inn. The service was impecable and we loved working with our event coordinator, Robert George. We highly recommend this venue.

Lauren Married on 07/28/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Service was incredible. Completely accommodating. Food was amazing. Anything I wanted was done exactly how I wanted it. Lizzie our coordinator was the best!!!
    Emily Married on 07/21/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Had my rehearsal dinner here and it could not have been better! Would definitely host an event there again!
    Emily Married on 02/04/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Dearborn Inn did a WONDERFUL job. They were so easy to work with from day one. They made our special day absolutely perfect!
    Juliana Married on 08/28/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paulette Czajka and her Team were absoutely amazing. They made my brunch dream wedding come true. The food, grounds, room, and service was absoutely fabulous. I could not have asked for a better wedding planner and venue to have my Wedding Ceremony and Reception. Thank you!
    Kathryn Married on 07/03/2011
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Service was tip top! Food incredible!!! We are still getting compliments on how great the Short Rib was. Our guests have been telling us it was the best wedding food ever! The event planners are skilled and dealt with issues as they came and told me about them after. They fulfilled every little detail I had listed out! The gazebo was absolutely stunning with the Inn's flowers! We really didn't have to do much decoration! The reception hall again absolutely beautiful by itself. Really doesn't need much additional decor. We were so happy with the Dearborn Inn we want to have another wedding there next year :) Thank you for making my special day beautiful and elegant!!!! VERY impressed!
    Katalin Married on 12/18/2010
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We worked with Christie Dixon at the Dearborn Inn for almost two years while we planned the wedding and she was absolutely fabulous during the entire process. Christie was always very quick to respond to e-mails and ensured that everything went smoothly. Everyone at the Dearborn Inn was so helpful and professional- even when my Grandma fainted during the cocktail hour, all of the Dearborn Inn staff was more than polite.
illustration stars