The Davenport Reviews

35 | Greer, SC

35 Reviews for The Davenport

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Scott, thank you for walking us through the process of renting your space for the wedding rehearsal. We all had a wonderful time. Melissa and Dale McKinney

Sent on 08/31/2018

Emily · Married on 10/29/2016

We used The Davenport for both our ceremony and our reception. The staff were extremely helpful and responsive when we were in the planning stages, and the value was great, especially considering we had the venue from 10:30am until 2:00am! Everyone who came to our wedding commented on how beautiful the space was. It was important to me that I be able to use the caterer, dj, etc. of my choice, and the Davenport gave me the flexibility to do that. I highly recommend this venue for your event!

Sent on 11/15/2016

I have not had my event here but I'm planning to and so far everyone I've talked to and worked with have been AWESOME! They're so nice and very prompt when it comes to making sure everything will be perfect for your big day! I'm so glad I've found such an amazing place and awesome people to work with!!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Shanna · Married on 11/07/2015

No complaints! I had my wedding ceremony here and everything was perfect. I wanted a historic site with very few limitations and The Davenport met both of my wants. The only limitations I recall were really basic - no animals and don't damage anything. Simple! The site is beautiful and they are easy to work with. I highly recommend this site for any wedding or party needs.

Sent on 12/29/2015

great to work with!! Would definitely use again. It just a beautiful place.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Stephanie · Married on 06/20/2015

We had our wedding reception at The Davenport. They were really easy to work with, and were a one-stop shop for all of our event rental needs. We even rented items that were used during our ceremony at another location. The venue is beautiful, and has the charm of an old historic structure in the center of town. The size was perfect for our 110 guests. You won't be sorry if you choose The Davenport for your reception venue.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Chrissy · Married on 06/06/2015

Christine was so easy to work with. She went over and beyond accommodating my many changes. Our morning wedding was beautiful at the Davenport.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Lauren · Married on 04/24/2015

The Davenport of Greer was the best choice I could have made for my wedding and reception. The staff made planning as seamless and easy as it could possibly be. The venue was not only a one stop shop, but also very affordable, and classically beautiful. Davenport turned my wedding vision into a reality. It was everything I hoped for and more. I highly recommend this venue...without a doubt!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/29/2014

Beautiful venue and a great price for our morning wedding!

Sent on 12/15/2014

I loved the Davenport! I had my wedding reception there in August with about 85 people. Chrisite was super easy to work with and helped with every detail along the way. I don't know what I would have done without her. The venue itself is gorgeous! There are amazing chandeliers and the exposed brick is just want I wanted. There is a ton of freedom at this venue. They do not require you to choose from a list of vendors. You can select anyone you want which really helps personalize your event. However they do provide you with a list of recommendations of really good places to use if you want some suggestions.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Kristi · Married on 05/03/2014

Excellent. The perfect venue and the perfect price. Thank you for helping make my day exactly what I wanted it to be!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Sissy · Married on 09/21/2013

We booked the Davenport for my daughter's wedding, reception, and a casino after party. It was amazing, we had great communication between the Davenport and our wedding planner and ourselves. They helped make our day perfect for our daughter's wedding. We appreciate all the assistance we received from Jordan and also the owners. Thank you.

Sent on 11/26/2017

We used The Davenport for both our ceremony and reception and loved every bit of it! The whole staff was extremely understanding and helpful and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/26/2013

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2012

I chose The Davenport because I wanted something that was naturally beautiful that did't require much decoration. The Davenport is that plus so much more. It was a great pleasure working with each employee there leading up to our wedding and on our wedding day. The price is amazing and very budget friendly. I will always recommend them to anyone looking for a great venue for any occasion.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Holly · Married on 07/07/2012

When I walked into the Davenport it just took my breath away. I just fell in love with it and knew this is where I wanted to spend my special day. I've never met nicer people, they helped me every step of the way and made my day unbelievably beautiful. I will recommend this venue to all of my friends and family to have any event there. A big thanks to The Davenport, I was a truly happy bride!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Marla · Married on 11/11/2011

Very beautiful location. Provided everything we needed for our wedding reception.

Sent on 11/28/2011
  • User4194877 · 2+ years ago

I loved having my wedding here! It has beautiful exposed brick, hardwood floors, and chandeliers! They had everything just the way I wanted to make my day perfect!!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Erica · Married on 12/30/2005

After doing much searching for the perfect reception venue for the perfect cost, we came across the Davenport. The Davenport is located in downtown Greer, which was less than five minutes from our church. My mother and I emailed them and received a response immediatley regarding the cost of renting the building. The person who we dealt with was very polite and answered all of our questions. The cost was much cheaper than other, similar venues. Since my wedding was to be right after Christmas (December 30), we were told that the Christmas tree and decorations would still be left up. The day of the wedding, we were allowed use of the building for the entire day. My mom and I went to put out the center pieces at 9 AM for the 8 PM reception. Everything turned out beautiful, the staff was very friendly, and it was a wonderful reception. Highly recommend; a great value for the cost.

Sent on 06/06/2008

The Davenport house in Greer was a beautiful venue to have our reception at; especially during Christmas time. The the management there was super helpful, and the place was very affordable! We ended up having more guests rsvp than we had thought would come and ended up with 140 guests. Despite this being a larger capacity than the Davenport could seat, the management was wonderful and worked with us to have a different setup than the norm so that all of our guests were taken care of! We heard nothing but compliments about how beautiful and elegant the venue was!

Sent on 02/04/2013

Sandra Roshodna · Married on 07/17/2011

The Davenport place was a great venue. I am in the miltary so as far as sit down meetings go, I was never around! they were flexible and allowed me to feel at ease being so far away from my hometown planning the wedding. They promptly responded to phone calls and allowed me to visit when I needed. A few weeks before my wedding, the owner met me at 10 p.m. to finalize my wedding! They go above and beyong to make your day/event as special as possible. The day of my wedding was simply beautiful. The scenery and the hospitality of the staff was great!

Sent on 08/21/2011

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

Best venue for the value! Would recommend!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Katie · Married on 06/18/2015

This venue is awesome because they advertise EVERYTHING on their website! I am from out of state and was nervous about planning my wedding from a long distance but they made it so easy. We found many of our vendors from their recommended list. It was easy to deal through email and phone calls as needed. Super affordable too!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Would absolutely recommend to anyone. Couldn't have imagined our wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Stephannie · Married on 04/10/2015

Great place to hold an event. We had our wedding and reception there and it was wonderful. The staff wants to make everything easy for you. The value for a wedding venue can't be beat and the price even included tables and chairs set up, which seems to be rare I found out after researching a place for us.

Sent on 04/20/2015

I used The Davenport for my reception, and it was the perfect space for the event! We had about 100 people there, which filled the room without feeling cramped. They have a lot of different packages to fit a tight budget, but just be aware that anything extra (ANYTHING!) will cost an additional sum. Make sure to keep notes on what you want and check to see what the fee will be. We were pleased with their services, and really enjoyed having our reception there.

Sent on 10/30/2013