25 Reviews for The Cupcake Bar

Tastings (1)
Cake Cutters (1)
Fresh Fruit (1)
23 The Cupcake Bar Reviews

The guest at my daughters wedding loved this idea of creating their own cupcake. The owners and staff was incredible to work with. Highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Steffani , 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Fantastic addition to our big day! Great options, extremely friendly staff, and fun for your guests!! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture kyle, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I found The Cupcake Bar online whenever I was looking for unique food favor ideas for our wedding. I fell in love with their fall caramel apple bar and fortunately they had our date available! Lori and Kimberly were responsive from the very first email and made the process of booking so easy! We were able to pay online (I was tired of mailing checks :P) and they had a great questionnaire that allowed us to completely customize our apple bar! Needless to say, our guests loved getting to interactively customize their apples and even more importantly, they were so delicious! My husband and I made sure we had 4 to take back to the hotel with us/on the plane the next day to our honeymoon! Our "bartender" was very sweet and their schedule was flexible based on my planners timeline. We couldn't have asked for better service (I booked fairly close to our wedding date) and I would recommend The Cupcake Bar to anyone who loves sweets and would like a fun, interactive, unique favor for guests!

Profile Picture Karissa, 10/29/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts

I met The Cupcake Bar at a vendor open house and was so impressed! The Cupcake Bar lets you customize the flavors, the icings, the fillings, and the toppings, and holy cannoli there are so many choices, which makes it hard to decide! The day of our wedding, everything went smoothly, and our bartender (cupcake-tender?) Taylor was so friendly. Everyone was talking about how cool it was to customize your cupcake and how delicious they were. We still have quite a bit left over in our fridge too, and they're still delicious. Absolutely recommend!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/6/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The cupcake bar is amazing! We are so happy we used them for our wedding! They showed up on time, decorated the table very well, was so great with our guest, and everything looked and tasted awesome! Guest of all ages really enjoyed making their own cupcakes, and it made our wedding even more memorable for them. A great way to add a fun twist to your special day!

Profile Picture Amberley, 3/12/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Cutters, Cake Stands, Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cupcakes

I am a planner and I always do back flips when my clients want to hire The Cupcake Bar. They are so fun and easy to work with. Their desserts are always delicious, and on the day-of, their staff is never less than exceptional. To show even more how much I love them, I even hired them for my own wedding! You will not be disappointed when you hire The Cupcake Bar!

Profile Picture amberley, 3/12/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet

The Cupcake Bar's caramel apple bar and roaming candy girls let our Halloween wedding acknowledge the holiday without becoming a theme wedding wedding! The apples are the best thing I've ever tasted and my favorite detail from the wedding.

Profile Picture Whitney, 10/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cupcake bar was AMAZING! Lori and Kim made our a night so memorable. Everybody had an amazing time and I got so many compliments on the amazing set up and the delicious cupcakes. I definitely saw people going back for seconds. We even had some left over which they kindly stored away for us to take home. The presentation was amazing and the staff was so friendly. I would greatly give my highest stars to Lori and her staff!

Profile Picture Summer, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Tastings, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

We really loved the idea of having something customizable at our wedding reception, and when we stumbled upon the cupcake bar, we had our winner! Lori and all of her staff were great. They were flexible with us while we were planning our wedding long distance, and when we made a trip down to Texas, they gave us a Texas sized tasting. There were four huge cupcakes that were all awesome, fresh, and delicious!
At the wedding, our cupcake bar tender was great! She came in, set up, and let my maid of honor know that she was open for cake. I loved that! Not that I didn't want to talk to her (she was so sweet and professional!), but at that point in the day, I felt like I'd answered more questions than when I took the SATs, so the fact that she just got things going was amazing and made the evening stress free!
Everyone was loving the customizable cupcakes, and with so many topping choices, every guest had their perfect cupcake...or two. One last thing that I loved was that she decorated all of the leftover cupcakes and boxed them up before she left for the night. She even talked with my mom to make two cupcakes for my husband and I, and left them in a separate little container with a handwritten note to us. How cute is that?! Perfect midnight snack!

Profile Picture Patty, 4/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved hosting the Cupcake Bar at our wedding in lieu of a wedding cake. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed picking out their personalized cupcakes. They are such a fun business to work with and provide plenty of fun decor to set up the toppings and cupcakes on. We loved the options (SO many!). The only con was that it was definitely on the expensive end (we upgraded to tier 2) and the service time was very short, so we definitely felt like the tiny desserts were pricey! Everything else was amazing!

Profile Picture User4085875, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They made the best cupcakes that I have ever tasted! The concept of the cupcake bar, where your guests get to pick their own flavors and toppings, is very inventive and made for a cool feature. Everyone had a great time and it definitely made our party that much more memorable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Josh, 2/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They are very responsive by email and very easy to work with. They also are very flexible with schedules, as ours were constantly changing and they were flexible to our working hours to sample their food. We had a slight mixup with the employees forgetting our cutting cake but it came by the end of the night so we still have our anniversary cake. We improvised by feeding each other cupcakes. Everyone loved them. It is a unique twist to a tradition because everyone can create their own version of the cupcake instead of being imposed with what you like.

Bonus: you get to keep the leftovers!

Profile Picture User3836417, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I LOVE The Cupcake Bar! It was such a great experience working with them for my wedding. I had a small wedding, just 35 people, and giving them an interactive piece really helped to enhance the experience. Everybody loved that they could pick their own cupcake and decorate it the way they wanted it. They were able to incorporate my decorations into their set up, creating a one of a kind set up. I would recommend The Cupcake Bar again and again.

Profile Picture Jenn, 11/23/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This was way better than a wedding cake. The cupcakes were delicious and everyone loved customizing their own cake. I can't wait to have them at another event. So good!

Profile Picture Joie, 11/8/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lori is an amazing owner of the cupcake bar!! We are not so traditional so we decided to have a cupcake bar for our wedding in place of a wedding cake it was awesome! Our cupcake bar tender was Anita and she was great. All of our guests loved the experience and getting to pick and design their own cupcake. We also got to create and cut our cupcake and feed it to one another as you would with a normal wedding cake. We love that we chose the cupcake bar to provide the sweets at our wedding. Thank you again!!
Love,
Tiffany & Kenny Carroll

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/1/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our guests were in love with the cupcake bar at our wedding. I had people come in from outside the U.S who commented, "best cupcakes". Even before the wedding, guests were so excited with the fact that they could create their own cupcake. I'm so happy we chose cupcakes over a huge cake. We had multiple meetings with Lori so we could taste more cupcakes over and over again since they were so delicious. We loved how they incorporated our wedding theme/colors to their set up!

Profile Picture Melisa, 10/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Oh My Gosh! The Cupcake Bar was fabulous from the beginning to the end! When we met in Austin for a tasting she was punctual and we even had some to bring home! Lori was fantastic at responding quickly to emails/calls and being very professional. Everyone raved about how neat of an idea it was and how delicious they were. At the end of the night we had 2 boxes full of leftover cupcakes decorated beautifully to take home and share! Even 3 days old people were saying how good they were! We just did a simple on tiered cake and Lori took my vision and perfected it. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/1/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used The Cupcake Bar at our wedding on 10.14.12. I decided that I didn’t want to do a traditional wedding cake and when I found The Cupcake Bar, I immediately fell in love with their concept! I love desserts but more importantly I love candy! Many weddings I have been to lately have either had a candy bar or cupcakes as the wedding dessert but I haven’t been to a wedding that has combined the 2 concepts. The Cupcake Bar is such a fun and interactive way to serve dessert at your wedding. I loved that we were able to pick multiple flavors, icings, fillings and toppings so there was something for everyone! We were able to have plain toppings, like peanuts and sprinkles, for those who don’t love candy as well as funky toppings like cotton candy, Pop Rocks and Milk Duds for those who want to get creative. Lori, the owner, and the cupcake bartenders were so great to work with! Lori was very quick to respond to all of my emails and very helpful explaining everything to me since we were not able to come in and do a tasting in person since we live out of state. Both bartenders were very friendly and engaging with our guests. They made the whole experience very fun and unique for all of us! I highly recommend The Cupcake Bar to anyone looking for a fun and delicious dessert for your next event! Thank you Lori & The Cupcake Bar for helping make our wedding so sweet!!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Instead of a traditional wedding cake, we used the Cupcake Bar. Lori was a pleasure to work with, she was very responsive and accommodated me changing my mind a number of times about what Tier to go with. My guests LOVED the cupcakes. My groom and I were so busy we actually never went by to get one, but Nathan very kindly packaged 2 up for us at the end of the night!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/20/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

When planning my wedding, one of the goals was to create an evening where all of my guests had a chance to participate. Thankfully I found the Cupcake Bar. Not only are the cupcakes awesome (much better than those famous cupcakes in NY), the cupcake bar was a fun interactive activity. Everyone LOVED it. My friends and family said they had 2nds, 3rds, and even 4ths. And they raved about the candy options. The Cupcake Bar was an essential component of the evening. It definitely kept the evening lively, and everyone entertained.

Profile Picture Molly, 11/6/10, 10 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Lori is very professional and fun to work with.

Profile Picture Shannon, 11/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The Cupcake Bar provided a great chance to treat our guests to sweets catered just to them. Everyone gets what they want, the staff is professional and talented. My wedding guests LOVED the cupcakes- delish, cute, different.

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/8/09, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Cupcake Bar of Austin was an experience I will never forget! My family and friends are still giving me compliments for having such a unique and fun "wedding cake".

Instead of the traditional wedding cake, we opted for something interactive and fun for our guests. The cupcakes enabled attendees to design their own dessert, doubling as entertainment, especially for the kiddos. The cupcakes were even a way for us to incorporate zucchini bread for the groom, since he wasn't a big "cake" fan, yet have other flavors for our guests to enjoy.

The coordinator of the Cupcake Bar, Lori was fabulous to work with! She took the time to meet with me beforehand, to discuss the choices for the many aspects of the cupcakes and to taste the different flavors. My favorite thing, she kept me up to date with email dead line reminders....very thorough. She was easy to talk to and a breeze to work with. My reception venue coordinators were even impressed with the professionalism of the company and their prompt set up as well as their quick response to phone calls and emails (as was I).

Overall, I really felt that I didn't have to worry about that part of the ceremony. The Cupcake Bar crew definitely were in step the whole night, and they were a big part of the happy faces that night, young and old :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/8/09, 7 Reviews