The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering Reviews

The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 3
The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 4
The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 5

Shatio · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent venue! Food is phenomenal and so are the staff!

Dimitri's Catering is phenomenal! Zarko the owner helped me throught the entire process and gave superb suggestions to ensure that my wedding was fabulous! My family and I always use Dimitri's Catering, they never disappoint! I give them 10 thumbs up!!!

The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 6
    The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 7
    Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 04/28/2019

Amazing Experience

My Day was perfect. Food was great and service was accommodating

Sent on 04/30/2019

Jodi Kateiva · Married on 03/06/2019

lovely outside setting, great venue, terrific staff

Our organization holds an annual dinner for approximately 170 people each June; I have used this venue 3 years in a row (most recently in June of 2019). The setting is lovely, staff is great and Zarko, the manager, is extremely flexible and accommodating. They are excellent in with working with me on specific allergies and requests, (i.e. gluten free for celiac disease, nut allergies, etc.). The food tastes great and is a good value. We offer three options to our guests, a steak, chicken and vegetarian option. The feedback was very positive on all three dishes. I highly recommend checking them out.

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 08/18/2018

My daughter recently had her wedding reception at the Croatian Center in Merrillville (08/18/2018). I can't tell you how pleased my daughter and I were with how things turned out. Zarko and his staff are top notch and were always available to help answer questions and help guide us through the process. The staff is friendly and so very helpful. The room and grounds are beautiful. The food was AMAZING! They cook everything fresh in the kitchen, food is top quality and fresh. The day after my daughters wedding I can't tell you how many calls I received from our guest just wanting to tell us how much fun they had and how good the food was. If you are looking for a place that will provide real value with a friendly staff good food and drinks look no further. I don't think you can find a better place in NWI to have a wedding or any other event where you will feel you got exactly what you wanted and more.

The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 8
    Sent on 09/17/2018

Ed · Married on 08/04/2018

Working with Zarko was truly a pleasure. He was always available to answer questions leading up to the wedding, which greatly helped ease our minds and stress level. The appearance of the hall, the service, and the quality of the food were all top notch!! We would highly recommend Dimitri’s Catering and The Croatian Center as a venue for a wedding.

The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 9
    The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 10
    Sent on 09/24/2018

Jonn · Married on 06/30/2018

Everything exceeded our daughter's expectations! Thank you, Zarko, for making her wedding day complete.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Taylor · Married on 06/23/2018

Dimitri's Catering was amazing! The food was delicious and the service was incredible. All of my guests had an amazing time. Zarko was very easy to work with and helped out a ton on the day of our wedding.

Sent on 07/17/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/02/2018

Zarko is great to work with and made my wedding perfect. I had so many compliments on the food and venue. He answered all of my questions and was very professional. I would highly recommend for a venue and you are the only wedding that night.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Ann · Married on 09/15/2017

Beautiful venue, delicious food and exceptional service. Our daughter's wedding was better than we could ever imagine. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Clarence · Married on 07/30/2017

This place is amazing!!!! The staff and customer service is beyond anything you could ask for!!! Thanks for make my wife and I a day we will never forget!!!!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Robin · Married on 07/30/2017

I don’t know where to begin! Zarko showed my husband and I much love from the very beginning of our wedding process! He was always available for any questions that we had whether it was phone calls, in person or email! He gave us many options to choose from and always was very flexible in doing so! At the end of the day, the Croatian Center is a business but they made us feel like family! Zarko’s mom, dad and sister accommodated our every request and that made me the happiest bride on this planet!!! They were very helpful, loving and compassionate about making me happy! Not to mention that the food was very delicious and a big hit with all of my guest! We live in Indianapolis so we couldn’t have asked for a better venue to have our wedding! I could go on and on about this family but I think you get the gist.

The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 11
    The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 19
    The Croatian Center by Dimitri's Catering 20
    Sent on 10/06/2017

Charlene · Married on 07/01/2017

The Croatian Center is an awesome venue for a special event. Our daughter's wedding was this past weekend. Everything was great. We had so many compliments on the food and the venue. The wedding was at the gazebo and garden. What a beautiful location for the wedding! Great job by all members of their staff! Thank you for such a wonderful evening!

Sent on 07/06/2017
  • Mychele

Mychele · Married on 09/24/2016

The most patient and great staff. Stress free!!

Sent on 06/25/2016
  • Judy

Judy · Married on 09/24/2011

I booked my ceremony and reception through the Croatian Center, they provide their own catering, known as Dimitri's Catering. It is one and the same with the Croatian Center, but I wanted to make a separate review for their cuisine.

I am a foodie. I will venture out and explore new tastes, but there are few things that are better than good ol' comfort food, which is what we got at Dimitri's. Most of the weddings I've been to serve canned veggies, old rolls, and an oxidizing salad. Dimitri's serves none of those things. The salad, bread and coffee service was on par. The servers already know what to look for and readily comply with any additional requests. We had the Chicken Vesuvio, red potatoes and parsley, and California medley vegetables. The chicken was definitely the best Chicken Vesuvio I've ever had. Yes, it was a simple roasted chicken, but it was juicy and very well seasoned. I wish the chicken I made at home came out that good! The potatoes were not over-done and also perfectly seasoned. I am not a fan of any California medley, but the one we were served, the veggies were crisp and delicious. We did not serve alcohol at our wedding, so I can not offer a review on that, but everything else, was great. Just as I said in my venue review, I recommend them 100%!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Becky · Married on 06/13/2009

Working with Dimitri's Catering at their hall The Croatian Center was a dream! They were the least stressful vendor I had. The food was excellent, the value superb, and the venue is gorgeous! They set up the centerpieces for us, and were very accomodating in every aspect from the very beginning. We had our ceremony outside in their gazebo, which turned out beautifully. Then we moved everything inside for our reception, and it was perfect. They charge for 200 people, which includes a family-style meal and bar. We only had 160 people, so they let us use the difference to pay for use of the gazebo, upgrading the bar, and a couple of trays of hors d'oeuvres while we were finishing up pictures and the guests were waiting for the meal. Their price is $31.50 (at the time of this review) per plate, but this includes a basic bar, three meats, a potato of some sort, a vegetable, a salad, and dessert. I just can't say enough good things about our experiences with them. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the area!

Sent on 07/01/2009

Brandie Renee · Married on 07/15/2017

I had a fantastic experience here! Zarko was great to work with and went above and beyond for me. He did all of the set up for me and was very easy to work with. The food was delicious and the hall was beautiful too! Thank you for helping make my day so special!

Sent on 07/17/2017

We just had our wedding reception at the Croatian Center and I couldn't be happier with how everything went! I couldn't hear enough about how good the food was and how nice of a set up the room had! They were great to work with overall and pretty flexible when working around our budget or with any special requests we had. The manager, Zarko, was pretty laid-back but was always available and willing to answer any questions I had along the way. They also just updated and revamped the inside of the hall so it was beautiful. The back patio and gazebo were an even better bonus! The service and workers were very friendly and everything turned out perfectly!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Lynda · Married on 09/08/2018

The venue was just beautiful! The food was excellent! The service was great! The whole evening was perfect! I would highly recommend this venue to everyone! Thanks you so much for making our daughter’s wedding wonderful!

Sent on 09/13/2018
  • Margaret

Margaret · Married on 09/24/2010

They will do anything you ask of them. If there is a dispute, they will fix it! They know what they are doing. Very nice. Oh, and the food.....to die for.

Sent on 10/09/2010

Mary · Married on 08/11/2018

3.8
      2.0
      3.5

Good things: the reception itself was beautiful, the food was delicious, it has great prices compared to other banquet halls, and zarko let us pick up our centerpieces the next day because we were tired afterwards.

Bad things: zarko is hard to get a hold of on the phone because he runs two banquet halls, you can only go to one food tasting and you only try what the current wedding is serving that night, all the planning is last minute and zarko doesn't want to know any of the details of your wedding until 1 or 2 weeks before which is annoying for a bride who is trying to get all her ducks in a row.

Sent on 08/26/2018

M · Married on 09/10/2011

3.6
      1.5

Booked this for our ceremony and reception. The gazebo area is beautiful and was the main reason for booking this location. The price was also very reasonable. The food was great, no complaints. My only concern, is with the people actually taking your information down and who you deal with. You def. need to stay on top of them and make sure you get what you pay for. They are accommodating, but if you book with them, PLEASE stay on top of things. It seems like communication between themselves is not 100%.

Sent on 09/28/2011