22 Reviews for The Creative Planners

Referrals (1)
Non-Religious (1)
Religious (1)
22 The Creative Planners Reviews

Stephanie is the absolute best! She made sure everything was perfect and I cannot tell you how many compliments I got on how incredible she was. So organized and I got to actually enjoy my wedding instead of stressing about the details. Thank you, thank you, thank you again! You’re the best!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

There are not enough words to express how wonderful Stephanie is. My son’s wedding was in our backyard with 145 guest and in just 7 months she took care of every last detail. She is connected to so many local vendors that she was able to get us the best possible prices. There was so much to do but she made it seem effortlessly. She became part of our family and in the end we enjoyed a wonderful day for my son and my new daughter. Thank you Stephanie ❤️

Profile Picture Kay, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

True Professionals! Stephanie and The Creative Planners team were the perfect fit for our daughters childhood dream of an at home wedding. Because it was a large wedding at our home, there were many logistics involved....tents, restroom trailers, lighting, rentals, UGH! Not to worry, Stephanie had everything under control! With our budget always in mind, the CP team found the perfect vendors for our venue. Stephanie was timely to communicate and was always punctual for meetings. She offered artistic fresh ideas and was there to answer all social and etiquette questions that arose. Stephanie is attentive, organized and resourceful. The day of the wedding I was able to relax and thoroughly enjoy the celebration with friends and family. I will always be grateful to Stephanie and Michelle for that. I highly recommend The Creative Planners from the engagement to the "I Do". Thank you Stephanie for your expertise and kindheartedness. Our wedding vision became a reality because of you!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had a wonderful experience with Stephanie. She was thoughtful, responsive, flexible, creative and fun! Yes, the planning process really can be fun. Stephanie gave us the time, space and options to figure out how we wanted things to be, yet also understood when to push us politely on important items. She managed others to get things done well and she was not afraid to roll up her sleeves to do things herself. We had a few last minute changes that she handled with grace. We also very much appreciated the local connections that she has in the area -- everyone we used were very nice, professional and personal. It is obvious they like to work with Stephanie as well. We would recommend her without hesitation -- thank you Stephanie!

Profile Picture Kristie, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stephanie Cook is the wedding planner in the know. Whether you need help with traditional wedding etiquette or need support creating the unique and personalized wedding of your dreams, Stephanie is your go-to girl. We were so happy to have Stephanie as our planner. She is always prepared, calm, and can work with all personalities. She handled our massive 200 guest, backyard wedding with ease. Her attention to detail and personal care for your special day makes you feel like you've got a guardian angel watching over you the whole way. She can do it all and we will miss working with her.

Profile Picture Alex, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stephanie Cook is the Real Deal, 5-Star, Wedding Planner! She exceeded our expectations by 200% and then some. We worked with her for about 8 months before and the day of our daughter's backyard, outdoor wedding for 210. It was elaborate, on 3 acres, and had many moving parts from Ceremony, Cocktail Reception Area, Tent Sit Down Dinner Reception, as well as all of the transportation shuttle logistics. Stephanie is extremely organized with a detailed to do list and timeline. She is calm, gracious, logical and very budget conscious. She has excellent vendor connections from years of experience, who think she is among the best in the industry. Stephanie made an overwhelming process for us, doable one step at a time by knowing what to keep us focused on each month. She always came with a smile and a can do professionalism. She can work with any and many personalities. We truly couldn't have planned the wedding of our daughter's dreams without Stephanie, and are eternally grateful to have had the opportunity to have worked with her. Good luck!

Profile Picture Anne, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Stephanie! She is a true professional and so sweet and wonderful to work with. We hired Stephanie for her day of services, but Stephanie was SO much more than that and was beyond helpful anytime we had a question or needed help with any stage of the planning. It is hard to give up control on your wedding day, but you can be 100% certain that giving that control to Stephanie is the best decision you will make!

Profile Picture User7358201, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Everything for our wedding was BEYOND PERFECT. The venue, the lighting and colors, the band, the food, the ceremony, the way everyone involved in any way showed up in mind and spirit. She pushed us to love everything, to never settle, and to bring to life every aspect we imagined.

She fully "got" what we were looking for, and directed us to the best resources that fit what we envisioned.

We have a video from our event in which Stephanie can be seen pacing enthusiastically on the sidelines like a coach, having a great time and ensuring every small thing came off perfectly.

Good thing she took care of everything as we were completely swept up in the event, surrounded by friends and family, and overwhelmed with love and emotion. And that's just how it should be!

We thank Stephanie from the bottom of our hearts for all the care and energy she put into turning what we had thought of as just a little party into the memory of a lifetime.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

A friend recommended the Creative Planners to us. We can't say enough about working with Stephanie! We planned our wedding from out of town (our wedding was in the suburbs of Chicago) and she graciously shared her expertise. Stephanie was always a pleasure to work with, whether we were Face-timing, or meeting in-person when we visited. She kept us organized throughout the process, with a clear timeline, and sending us gentle reminders when needed (very helpful skill!). With a 5 month timeline (yes - start to finish!), Stephanie was careful and thorough at the beginning to understand what we wanted, and the budget we had to execute it. She found options/solutions to fulfill our vision, but we always felt in control of the decisions. Her focus on quality and positive relationships with vendors was obvious throughout. On our wedding day, Stephanie was irreplacable. She was with us throughout the day through the evening, a rare dedication to her clients. We would recommend Stephanie to anyone. You won't be disappointed with your event!

Profile Picture User7926696, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I had the GREATEST experience working with Stephanie Cook and Creative Planners! Stephanie really helped bring to life a dream wedding for my husband and I. She was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the ENTIRE wedding planning process! She felt like family. My family, husband, and I worked closely with Stephanie the whole time planning and she made the process seamless, fun, exciting, and enjoyable. I had never really been involved with planning a wedding before for any family or friends, so did not really know a ton about wedding planning details and what to expect. Stephanie's years of event planning really showed true and she knew exactly what to do and how to do it, for every single aspect of the wedding planning process. Her calmness, expertise and suggestions, along with our ideas of what we wanted, really created the best day. The planning process went smoothly, as well as the actual wedding day, itself. I would recommend Stephanie and Creative Planners to anyone who is looking to plan their dream wedding and for it to come together perfectly. Thank you so much for everything!!!

Profile Picture Shea, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Wow! Stephanie is the BEST! If you want someone to help you create your dream wedding day, do not look any further. Stephanie nailed it. She is a total pro. My wife and daughter had some very cool ideas for the wedding day, many of which were not easy in executing. But with Stephanie's help and guidance, it came off 100x better than we expected. Most of our guests said it was "the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to!" We agree!
Thanks you so much, Stephanie!

Profile Picture Thomas, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Creative Planners! Stephanie brought my vision to life! She was so great to work with, extremely professional and reliable and my husband and I enjoyed all the time we spent with her. She is very knowledgeable on the area and has great relationships with vendors. She was on top of everything and always answered my questions or concerns in a timely manner. Stephanie was hands on when it came time to get things ready for the big day! I am a control freak and had a very specific vision but she was always organized, even keeping me on my toes and made my dream wedding come true. We had our wedding at the beautiful Elawa Farm in Lake Forest (highly recommended as well!!!) and Stephanie handled everything since we had to bring in all the vendors - she made it truly spectacular. My husband and I, along with our families and even bridal party, talk about how we could have never done it without her and her team. My bridesmaids rave about her. We didn't have to worry the weekend of and especially that day! You will be in the BEST hands if you hire the Creative Planners for your wedding!!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stephanie was fantastic. Helped with planning, sources, every last detail. Pleasant to work with and made the wedding day seamless. I would highly recommend Stephanie to anyone planning a Chicago area wedding.

Profile Picture Frances, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Stephanie Cook and Kate Burke were an immense help as the week/day of planners. They had great suggestions and were able to run the rehearsal for the wedding party- which we needed with a first time officiant. The day of, Kate, handled many details because I couldn't be two places at one time and did a fantastic job. Having Creative Planners made the whole wedding experience go much smoother.

Profile Picture User6878162, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

My daughter's wedding in August 2015 was a magical night! I have to say a large part of it's success was working with Stephanie Cook of The Creative Planners. From the first moment when my daughter and I met with Stephanie we knew she was right for us. We instantly became friends and she made us feel so comfortable. She made herself available to us throughout the year especially the last month. She made great suggestions for all the important decisions like the band, caterer, florist etc. The venue we chose was tricky as everything needed to be rented and brought in. There were so many details and Stephanie was amazing in making it all happen! She really listened to all of our suggestions and helped us bring our vision to reality. She did all this with such a calmness that we were able to enjoy the process! I have to say it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to. Without a doubt hiring Stephanie as our wedding planner was the best decision I could have made......

Profile Picture Becky, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We contracted The Creative Planners for our out of town wedding (July 2015) in Colorado.(from Chicago)
Stephanie stepped right in and guided us gently through the process. Very personable and attentive to the brides wish list.
Her experience in the industry was key and proved invaluable, particularly for us in managing and out of state wedding. Most impressive: We did have a few situations arise the day of wedding, that required last minute "thinking on your feet resolutions". Stephanie was right there, if not 2 steps ahead. Creative Planners helped us negotiate contracts, manage subcontractors and was essential in pulling off a 'Dream Come True Wedding." Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Anne, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stephanie was our wedding planner this past summer for our destination wedding in Colorado. My husband and I both walked away from that day recognizing that it would not have been half as special or amazing without Stephanie's help.

Stephanie asks the questions you don't think to ask, she is incredibly organized and resourceful, she is excellent at helping with difficult decisions, and she was able to work with us on our tighter budget with ease. Throughout the planning process she reminded us to find joy in the details and she showed us what was most important to focus our energies on. She is also incredibly outgoing and makes working with, even the most difficult vendors and relatives, a breeze. Even working in a region where she wasn't as familiar with the vendors, Stephanie did effortlessly.

The day of the wedding, I felt completely taken care of. I was not stressed out at all because I knew Stephanie was behind the scenes working it all out for me. Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives and, really, EVERY single one of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. It could not have been so without Steph.

We are so grateful to her and would hire her again in a second. It is in your best interest to do the same!

Profile Picture Margeaux, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Stephanie made my wedding day feel like mine. I hired her a few months into my wedding planning process. I was a very organized, but creative bride and had a lot of moving parts involved in pulling together my big day. I was quickly realizing that it was going to take a very special professional to put these elements together. Stephanie stepped into this role with impressive grace and professionalism. She worked with me for months leading up to my wedding; looking over contracts, meeting with vendors, negotiating timelines. She helped me head off any problems long before they could become disasters and saved me thousands of dollars in the process. When my wedding weekend came and I could feel myself needing to step back from planning and controlling mode and into "bride" modeI felt confident handing over the clipboard to Stephanie. She stepped up at rehearsal, took charge and guided me, my wedding party, and my family through the wedding weekend I had been working so hard to achieve.
In the year or so since my wedding I have been a guest/bridesmaid at a few more weddings. They have been lovely, but at each one I find myself thinking "Oh boy, this bride needs Stephanie Cook....badly"

Profile Picture User5525177, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We worked with Stephanie for our downtown Chicago wedding in May of 2014, at the Drake Hotel. We would have been lost without her. From venue hunting to florist appointments, Stephanie knew the right questions to ask (ones I never would have thought of) and how to negotiate. She has amazing style and was honest about the things we did or didn't really need to have. The day of, I didn't worry about a thing. She was incredibly organized and everything was flawless. When I walked into the reception area for the first time, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Everything was exactly how I'd imagined it. She was also great about helping us move from table to table during dinner to make sure we spoke with every person there, which was important to me. She kept us on schedule in the most relaxed and non-pushy way. Stephanie was the best decision we made related to the wedding - highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Stephanie was indispensable, from having marvelous ideas on venues to helping me negotiate price.
Even though I was a mature bride, on the day of the wedding I wasn't able to think about the details, and Stephanie handled everything effortlessly.
After it was over my brother and sister-in-law, who have been attending and giving a number of weddings in the last few years because of the age of their children, said our wedding was the best, tasteful yet relaxed and all the guests had a wonderful time.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The Wedding was everything I could have ever dreamed of! I didn't have to worry about anything as the bride, everything had been taken care of. If there were little slip ups I didn't know about it! The ceremony went beautifully, and the reception went like clockwork. Everything was timed perfectly. Being from out of state I wasn't able to be as involved as I would have liked and it ended up being everything I could have dreamed of.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/6/16, 1 Review