The Creative Planners Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Leslie H. Getting married on 08/07/2027

Stephanie Cook is the best!!!

In my 11+ years in the business of private event music (bandleader of Entourage via Arlen Music Productions) I have to say that Stephanie rises to the top ... I cannot say enough great things about her but will start with the fact that she is just so dang talented at what she does and her energy is phenomenal all the while. A true gem and I hope we get to work together a lot more in the future. :)
    Sara T. Married on 01/01/2022

Stephanie is the BEST.

Stephanie is the BEST. Obviously we loved working with her. She completely understood our vision and executed it perfectly. She planned a multi-day destination wedding in Vail, Colorado. She was opinionated at the rights times when we needed guidance or a gentle push, and she was sensitive and patience when we needed that, too. Striking that balance is hard, and Stephanie does it masterfully. I oscillated between being neurotic and absent, and Stephanie easily adapted to my style and always made me feel like my wedding was the most important one she was planning (even though she clearly has many others...)

But we've only done this once so don't take our word for it. Take the words of all our other vendors who actually operate in this space and work with dozens of wedding planners all the time. You could literally hear the relief in their voice when they talked about working with her -- how she is a true professional, how she makes their lives easier because she actually knows what she is doing, and how she runs a tight ship while still having the warmth that you want during such a personal process. One vendor actually privately thanked me for hiring her because she was so good at what she does.
    Emily P. Married on 12/04/2021

Outstanding!

The Creative Planners went above and beyond to ensure our day went smoothly. Their expertise both on the day-of and throughout the planning process was critical to making the day easy and enjoyable. We are so thankful for the magic they helped to create! Thank you Holli, Wren, and Stephanie!

Emily,
    Thank you for your kind words. It was a labor of love to be a part of your stunning wedding. Wishing you all the love and joy for you two. Warmly Stephanie
    Elizabeth B. Married on 10/30/2021

Unbelievable- cannot thank them enough!

Everyone we worked with at the Creative Planners was absolutely fantastic- professional, personable, kind, and courteous. From day one, they were extremely helpful and responsive to all of our needs and questions. They made the process seemless and took so much stress off of our plate during the entire wedding planning. We had no hiccups (and if we did, they handled it effortlessly without us knowing!) Our day was perfect and we could not have done it without The Creative Planners. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a planner- they were the absolute best. We cannot thank them enough!!!!

Elizabeth,
    Thank you for your lovely note and allowing The Creative Planners to be a part of your wedding. It was truly a Labor of Love for us!

Warmly,
    Stephanie, Holli + Alexa
    Tracy T. Married on 10/02/2021

Stress free wedding day!

Stephanie and her team were great to work with. They guided us through 2 1/2 years of planning and re-planning due to Covid, giving us sound advice along the way. Their years of experience provided us with excellent vendors which were a good fit with my daughter’s vision for her wedding. They also handled all the “day of” details, making it a stress free wedding day for my husband and I as well as for the bride and groom. It was a beautiful event, one which many of our guests told us was the best wedding they had ever attended!

The Creative Planners's reply:

Thank you Tracy. We loved being a part of Maddie and Chuck’/s wedding. Such a beautiful day for a special couple.
  • Shadi
    Shadi S. Married on 09/04/2021

Stephanie's a no-drama pro. 10/10, would recommend in a heartbeat.

Would absolutely recommend Stephanie. Stephanie is a no-drama pro. She listened and understood exactly what we were looking for, she has good taste, and she executed the logistics well. We also enjoyed working with her on a personality level too. We were on a pretty compressed schedule, and she pulled everything off perfectly.

There were multiple people who told us it was one of the best weddings they'd ever been to. It was a backyard wedding and the next day, one neighbor called to say that it seemed magical, and the other neighbor admitted to watching through the bushes and dancing.
  • L Jacobson
    L Jacobson Married on 08/14/2021

Best Wedding Planners

Looking for an outstanding Wedding Planner? Look no further. Stephanie and Holli of The Creative Planners are experts in this field. They helped to make our daughter's wedding weekend fabulous and run seamlessly. I can't say enough about how wonderful they are except that I hope they are available for your event!
    Laura J.
    Sally Married on 08/14/2021

Truly the Best!

Stephanie and her crew are absolutely the best people to have on your team during the whole wedding process!! She is amazing at big picture planning and attentive to the smallest detail. After postponing due to COVID and then changing venues after the postponement she stuck with us throughout every change and kept the same level of energy and professionalism throughout. We literally would not have made it if not for Stephanie. She managed to turn a vision into reality by knowing all the right vendors to work with and trust! We were able to enjoy every moment of our event knowing Stephanie had everything under control! A true professional and great person to have by your side!!
  • Wilson
    Wilson D. Married on 07/31/2021

What a luxury!

Stephanie was such an amazing prescience before, during, and after our wedding. We had a few hiccups with vendors before/after our wedding, weather the day of the wedding, and more. Stephanie was always there to lend a hand and tackle the issues before they got to us. We love her!
    Lorrie D. Married on 06/26/2021

The Perfect Wedding Planner!

The Creative Planners (Stephanie Cook) planned my daughter's wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased. Stephanie had great suggestions, is extremely knowledgable and knows just what to do in every situation. Her positive and supportive demeanor was particularly helpful as we planned our wedding during COVID and had to have contingency plans. We didn't have to worry about anything because we knew that with Stephanie on our team it was going to turn out great regardless of what challenges came our way!
    Cale W. Married on 06/12/2021

The key to a flawless event is the Creative Planners

Stephanie is truly the most incredible event planner. She is amazing because she has impeccable taste and understands and plans for every detail. In addition, she is a calming presence and truly goes above and beyond for her clients. I don't know how she does it, she made me feel like I was her only wedding all year! One little example of Stephanie's ability to truly manage it all was her preparedness in the midst of all the Covid related changes to our wedding. Our head table had to be separated into three tables due to Covid restrictions; however, because Stephanie thinks of everything she ordered on long linen, in addition to the three, just in case the restrictions lifted in time for our event. Sure enough a day before our wedding there were no number restrictions on tables and she was completely prepared with the extra linen. She made wedding planning so easy and I was so relaxed and happy on my day knowing I had her. On top of all this she is one of the kindest most genuine people who truly loves what she does. I could not recommend her more highly!

The Creative Planners's reply:

Thank you Cale! Such a beautiful day with so many memories. It was a labor of love to be a part of you and Henry's wedding ❤️
    Diane C. Married on 06/01/2021

Highly Recommend!

We highly recommend Stephanie – she was integral to our wedding planning process! We loved how she wanted to understand our wedding vision and then helped to bring it to life. She had great recommendations and connections with top-notch vendors, and truly was our go-to person for guidance when any issues popped up. Stephanie and Kate had an eye on quality and all the details so we didn’t have to stress on the day of our wedding. This attention to detail allowed us to focus all our energy on being truly present at our wedding and enjoying every moment! They elevated our wedding experience, and we couldn't be more thrilled! Thanks, Stephanie and Kate!
  • Proachie
    Proachie M. Married on 05/21/2021

What a wonderful and joyous experience Creative Planners made our special day.

With our daughters wedding postponed twice due to the pandemic, and with the decision to change the venue from Napa to our home in the Chicago area this May, we needed an event planner who would see our vision and make it happen! This is what Stephanie at Creative planners did beautifully, created a wedding that was everything our daughter dreamt of.
    She is able to get the best out of her vendors and seeing how well liked and respected she is by them is testament to what a good planner she is.
    The best compliment I can give her is to relate what our daughter and son in law had to say …
    ‘Our wedding was even more fabulous than what we had imagined it to be’!

The Creative Planners's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of Anisha and Peter's Day! it was truly a labor of love to see it all come together.
    Cynthia M. Married on 09/10/2020

The Creative Planners

Stephanie is calm, professional, and creative, not to mention nimble, as we had to "reimagine" the wedding we had originally dreamed of to something much smaller due to the ever changing Covid restrictions in Illinois. What we ended up with, thanks to Stephanie, was a beautiful, ideal wedding and reception that perfectly suited our daughter and new son-in-law. Thank you, Stephanie!
    Sara F. Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing experience!

Stephanie and the Creative Planners are the best!! I cannot recommend them enough!! We got married in July 2020 and originally planned a 200 person wedding, which we ended up changing to a 20 person wedding because of COVID. Stephanie helped us through the original planning, and then re-planning, process and I can’t imagine doing it without her. She listened to what we wanted and helped execute on that vision perfectly. She brought so many helpful perspectives, considerations and recommendations to every aspect of our wedding – vendors, design, timing, all of it. I can’t imagine not having Stephanie there the day of, as she kept everyone on schedule and on task. Highly, highly recommend.
  • Susan
    Susan S. Married on 06/05/2020

Stephanie and the Creative Planners are Rockstars!

Stephanie Cook and the Creative Planners team were an incredible combination of expertise, organizational skills and creativity for our daughter's recent wedding. Those organizational skills were tested frequently as the the bride and groom were in two different cities and the parents of each were in another two cities. Furthermore, it was a destination wedding in the mountains in the middle of January! Stephanie was a powerful negotiator with the vendors and had terrific ideas that made the weekend memorable and intimate. Both the reception venue, which hosts over 75 weddings a year, and the rehearsal dinner venue mgmt, pulled us aside to comment that she was one of the best and most enjoyable wedding planners they had worked with. Our wedding weekend started on a Thursday and ended on a Sunday - and she was there every step of the way - with a smile on her face and an unflappable energy. Five stars!
  • Melanie
    Melanie G. Married on 09/28/2019

The absolute best!

A family friend handed my mother Stephanie’s card the day after my fiancé and I got engaged and said “trust me on this one”. Boy, am I glad we did! At our first meeting with Stephanie, I knew we were in the hands of a talented, kind, organized professional who was going to make wedding planning easy and enjoyable. Stephanie was absolutely amazing. I can’t say enough wonderful things about her.

She outlined the whole process for us. I never felt confused or like I didn’t know what the next step was. She prioritized the elements of the wedding that were important to us and got to know us as a couple so the wedding felt personal and perfect for us and our families. Stephanie is always responsive and prompt. She worked within our budget. She has impeccable taste, and worked wonderfully with all our vendors, photographers, and the venue to make our dream a reality. It’s important to note that it was very clear that all the vendors we worked with respected and enjoyed Stephanie just as much as we did.

When the big day finally arrived, I can truthfully say that never once did I have any doubts or concerns about anything. My fiancé, our families, and I were able to focus on the excitement of the wedding and enjoy every moment. We knew that Stephanie and her team had everything taken care of. And when a guest spilled red wine down the back of my dress, Stephanie got it out in a snap. I’m not kidding. Red wine. Gone. She is a magician! I didn’t panic one bit.

Our wedding was a dream. Thank you Stephanie and the Creative Planners team. We feel genuinely sad that our time with her has come to an end! She became such a big part of our lives this past year, and was a joy to work with. If you are looking for a wedding planner, let me make your decision easy and pay it forward like our family friend did. “Trust me on this one.”
    Susan C. Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing Wedding Planning

Stephanie and Kate were amazing wedding planners. They met with us early in the planning process and gave us a timeline, to-do list, and recommendations for vendors. They accompanied us to the venue about a month prior to the event to make sure everything was properly organized and set up calls with the vendors to confirm the details. Kate helped decorate the room for the rehearsal dinner and, on the day of, she calmly and professionally took care of every issue or concern we had, while making certain that the ceremony and reception kept to the timeline. We were able to relax and enjoy the celebration, knowing we were in such capable hands.
    Thomas W. Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful! Easy to work with and knows her stuff!!

Stephanie was excellent to work with throughout the year leading up to my daughter's wedding. From vendor recommendations, ideas, planning meetings with us and our vendors, communications throughout to the week prior and day of, Creative Planners (Stephanie) was amazing. And, Stephanie is fantastic to work with. Her patience, positive attitude, and honest desire to help my daughter create her dream wedding were all so appreciated. And, the week before and day of the wedding, Stephanie took care of EVERYTHING!! We were able to relax and enjoy every minute.
    Kathleen H. Married on 07/27/2019

The Creative Planners were the best!!!!

Stephanie was incredible to work with. She did everything to make my daughter’s wedding the absolute best day ever!!!!Stephanie was always there to answer any questions, big or small, and also had wonderful creative ideas to make the day so special. She took the time to get to know my daughter and son-in-law in order to make their wedding day everything they dreamed of!!!

When the day arrived, I knew I did not have anything to worry about as Stephanie had it all taken care of and was there to handle everything. Best money spent!!!!

The Creative Planners's reply:

Thanks Kathleen! You all were so great to work with and I loved being a part of this beautiful day ❤️
    Emily H. Married on 07/27/2019

The BEST wedding planner!

Stephanie at The Creative Planners is the absolute best!!! We cannot say enough amazing things about Stephanie and the entire team. She offered creative ideas, helped ease our minds, and really took the time to get to know us in order to make sure our wedding vision would come to life. Everything about our day was perfect and we would not have changed a single thing. This is all because of Stephanie's hard work over the last year in order to make it all happen! We were truly able to enjoy the day without a single worry knowing that Stephanie had it all covered and under control. If you are looking for a great wedding planner, look no further! Thank you again Stephanie!
  • Ellie
    Ellie R. Married on 07/20/2019

Fabulous to work with!

We truly enjoyed working with Stephanie this past year. She personalizes each wedding by getting to know you and then makes great recommendations , accordingly. Stephanie was extremely organized, creative, calm under pressure and fun. Her attention to detail was so appreciated and most of all she truly cares about you and your event.

We would highly recommend Stephanie Cook.
  • Nancy
    Nancy G. Married on 06/30/2019

Many thanks to Stephanie Cook

I couldn't have planned my daughter's wedding without the expertise of Stephanie Cook. She skillfully helped us narrow down venues and decide on the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago. All of the vendors (hair and makeup, photography, band, florist, videographer, transportation, wedding invitations, etc.) recommended were top notch (professional, flexible, a pleasure to work with). The wedding day was perfect and we could relax and enjoy it. I would highly recommend Stephanie!
  • Nina
    Nina A. Married on 05/02/2019

Must hire!

Working with the Creative Planners, and Holli Volkert especially, made planning our wedding a breeze. It truly turned out to be the most beautiful day because of her. We live in Dallas, TX and were planning out wedding in the Chicago/Arlington Heights area and she made it feel like we were right there with her. She went above and beyond to make sure every detail was set to perfection. There is no doubt in our minds that Holli made our day- you need the Creative Planners if you’re in the midst of planning your own wedding. We could not recommend them more. If there were more than 5 stars, we’d put it.

The Creative Planners's reply:

Thank you Nina. I'm so glad your wedding day was exactly what you wanted. Hopefully it was worth the long pandemic wait! Loved working with you and Aubrey. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 10/27/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Stephanie and the team at The Creative Planners. Everything about our wedding was nothing short of perfect – thanks in part to all the hard work and dedication put forth by Stephanie. Not only did she make the whole wedding planning process seamless – from working with our vendors and coordinating logistics to keeping everything and everyone organized and under control— but she was so fun and such a delight to work with. Over the year that we planned our wedding, Stephanie really took the time to get to know us as a couple and understand exactly what we were imagining for our wedding day. As a result, she proactively offered ideas and provided recommendations, and we trusted her! By the time it came to our wedding day, we knew Stephanie (and Michelle!) had everything under control, which allowed us to truly enjoy the day without a worry in mind. Overall, Stephanie flawlessly guided us from beginning to end. She truly helped our vision come to life and we will forever be grateful for everything she did to make our wedding a dream come true. We cannot recommend her enough! Thank you for everything, Stephanie!!