The Counterfeiters Reviews

The Counterfeiters View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Marybeth
    Marybeth W. Married on 09/28/2019

Best part of our wedding!

WOW! The Counterfeiters played at our 200 person wedding last weekend, and everyone has been talking about them ever since! The dance floor was jammed all night with guests of all ages dancing the night away. We had so many people tell us it was the best wedding they had ever attended, and that largely because of the music! They were SO easy to work with, and had amazing communication through Kelly leading up to the big day. They did acoustics and keys at the cocktail hour which was also nothing short of amazing. I truly cannot say enough about their work and professionalism. They were interactive, upbeat, and passionate about their music. Truly made our wedding a night to remember, and would hire them again in a heartbeat!

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review! You guys were a dream to work with! We are only as good as the people around us You guys made everything effortless! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!

The Counterfeiters ❤️
    Pete G. Married on 09/06/2019

Unbelievable

Just hire them. Skip wasting time on other bands. If you want a wedding that rocks, book them. From the first note it was non-stop dancing bedlam. It was so crazy we had to pull tables out to make more room for the dancing. And they love and welcome interaction from the crowd. The best.
    Kristen F. Married on 08/02/2019

Beyond amazing

The Counterfeiters were nothing less than amazing. They made our wedding so special and Kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone who needs the best soundtrack for their wedding.

You guys are the best !!!!
    Sandra Married on 06/22/2019

Get ready to rock

The Counterfeiters are the best entertainers! We danced all night from the first song to the last. They are really easy and flexible to work with.
    Duke Married on 10/07/2018

Awesome band for our wedding!

The Counterfeiters absolutely blasted it out if the park at our wedding! They had the dance floor full, people totally shaking it and the bride dancing on the bar. Everyone was asking us later "where did you get that band?!?" Since we are a couple in our 50s we asked them to more tunes from the 60s and 70s with good funk and Motown type sound. They accommodated with that request plus other good dance music and some absolutely killer Bruce covers. We couldn't be more happy with our band selection!

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thanks, Duke! You guys were awesome! The band had a blast! Thanks again for letting us be the soundtrack to your big day! Hope to see you at a show soon!
    Stephanie Married on 09/29/2018
    I have attended several weddings where The Counterfeiters played and they crush it every single time. Invariably they get everyone - young and old- on the dance floor. Without fail, by the end of the evening, the whole crowd chants “One more song! One more song!” And The Counterfeiters bring it. Every time. It’s amazing to be part of such a true celebratory experience. David and the band are poised professionals, related, reliable and responsive to the individualized needs of the couple - be it a hand-picked selection of personalized tunes for a reception/cocktail hour or a bride surprise-serenading a groom on an electric guitar. I give The Counterfeiters my highest recommendation without hesitation. Your only disappointment will be if somebody else books them first.
  • Y
    Yvonne Married on 09/08/2018
    The Counterfeiter’s were the most professional, band to deal with. When they performed on my wedding day, they played a full on concert. My guests besides never leaving the dance floor, didn’t want to leave the venue.

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thank you, Yvonne! You guys rocked it! Hope to see you soon! :)
    Erin Married on 08/26/2018
    Do you want a memorable wedding that people talk about for years? Well then, you need The Counterfeiters! Simply put, they rock any party and weddings are their specialty! The leader, David can croon the classics and rock a Springsteen song like no one else. Their set list so versatile and filled with the songs people get up and dance to. They learned 3 special requests for our celebration. My grandparents were on the dance floor all night long and my flower girl even got to sing with the band on stage to her favorite Taylor Swift song! It was such a great night, we want to get married again, as long as The Counterfeiters are there!

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thank you, Erin! You guys are the best! Hope to see you soon!
    Jane Married on 08/11/2018
    Great band! You will not be disappointed! Their wide range of repertoire kept the dance floor packed and our crowd entertained all night.

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thank you, Jane! We had a blast, too! :)
    Kelly Married on 07/27/2018
    After seeing The Counterfeiters perform and bring the party to a girls night out down the shore last year, it was a no brainer to book them for my wedding. My fiancé (at the time) was trying to convince me to consider a DJ, but I took him to a show at Ulysses near our apartment, and he fell in love too. Our wedding was in July and The Counterfeiters made the day not only the most memorable day in my life, but for every guest that was present too! David, the band leader was super responsive to every request that I made prior to the wedding, including learning a new song to perfection for my first dance with my hubby! The whole band was super engaging throughout the night and made every guest feel like it was their night too by allowing people on stage to sing and dance with the band. My husband even surprised me with a song that he played on the guitar with the band! I am ready to throw my anniversary party next year and book them again. Best. Band. Ever!

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thank you, Kelly, for such a great review! Amazing night! Can't wait to see you guys again! :)
    Michelle Married on 07/21/2018
    If you’re looking for the PERFECT band for your wedding, you won’t find a better choice than The Counterfeiters. The band is easy to work with, totally flexible (we changed our first dance song three times), and keeps everyone dancing the entire night. We’re Italian. My relatives LOVE to eat and, to my surprise, they actually stopped eating so they could get back on the dance floor. My brother in law said he kept turning around to make sure it wasn’t the actual artist they were covering . I can’t say enough about these guys, except if you don’t hire them, you’ll never know how great your party could’ve been.

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thank you, Michelle! Such an awesome night! (Think you changed the song four times! lol!) Hope to see you guys soon! :)
    Linda Married on 06/29/2018
    The Counterfeiter's were amazing! They had the dance floor full all night and everyone loved every song that they played. Days after the wedding, guests were still complimenting the band and how much they loved them. David stays in contact with you throughout the whole process so you never have to worry about anything. I would highly recommend The Counterfeiters for your next event!
    Kim Married on 06/02/2018
    We had the band play for our daughters graduation party! We are still hearing about how awesome it was and they really made it fun for all! Great music list!
    Marissa Married on 06/02/2018
    Best wedding band on the planet!! All of our family and friends had the most amazing time dancing and singing with us all night long! I have received so many compliments and inquiries of people asking where I found such an awesome band! David was super helpful when working with me to figure out everything I would need for the night and exactly how to execute it! We even did an impromptu song with the band for a requested Boy Band Mash up! It was the highlight of our night! Can’t wait to see the guys again - hope to make it out to the next show!!
    Kate Married on 03/10/2018
    For our reception, we wanted a band that could rock and bring tons of energy, but also one that possessed serious class.
    After sorting through dozens of cookie cutter wedding bands, we came across The Counterfeiters and booked them on the spot.
    The band exceeded every expectation we had. They had everyone on the dance floor the entire night and were a breeze to work with.
    People are still talking about our party and it was six months ago! Can’t recommend them enough!

Kate & Jake

The Counterfeiters's reply:

Thank you, Kate! We had a blast! Hope to see you guys soon!
    Tracy Married on 07/12/2015
    Hands down, the BEST BAND EVER! You guys blew it up! Everything from Mike's great cocktail keyboards to getting my mother, Jen, up there to sing "Jenny!" AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! Couldn't recommend you guys higher! xo!

Thank you, Tracy!
    Julie Married on 06/20/2015
    The Counterfeiters are a spectacular wedding band! We found them at the Patio Bar in Point Pleasant. The band totally made the night! They had everyone up on the dance floor - even our guy friends who don't dance! They were so amazing they had my grandmother dancing with our groomsmen to Jesse's Girl! They played every song we love to dance to and stayed overtime at no charge! Our friends said it was the best wedding band they'd ever been to and are still talking about it! We even go see them play around New York now! Also they were able to handle the flow of events and were sooooo easy to work with! We didn't want the night to end!! Thank you, guys!
  • User2312092 2+ years ago
    Planning a wedding isn't exactly a breeze, so when my husband and I discovered The Counterfeiters at another event they played, we were psyched. Wedding band? CHECK! Not only are they awesome musicians and great energy, but everyone in the band is super nice and professional. They are NOT your typical wedding band. They are ABOVE & BEYOND! And, David, the lead singer/front man, is really funny (and cute) and an awesome entertainer! If I can brag, I think we had one of the funnest weddings ever and we have The Counterfeiters to thank for making magic on the dance floor. Our guests were raving. Everyone danced the night away AND even the old fogies in attendance were rockin' out to the band. The Counterfeiters will rock your wedding!
    Sophie Married on 04/25/2015
    Hi David, we wanted to send a BIG Thank You for the AMAZING job The Counterfeiters did at our wedding. Our vision for the wedding reception was to have all our guests — from kids to grandparents — on the dance floor all night, having a blast, and The Counterfeiters delivered! I’ve received so many messages from friends and family who can’t stop raving – each of you guys are insanely talented and the band’s sound quality, song selections, energy and interaction with our whole group honestly topped even my (high!) expectations.  (And thanks to you, we now have the cutest video of my 5 year old niece rocking it out with you on stage!)
    Thanks again for making our wedding one of the best parties we’ve ever been to! Sophie & Eric
    Michelle Married on 10/12/2014
    There are so many good wedding bands out there, but, if you're a bride to be looking for the most absolutely fun and amazing band for your wedding, I would insist on The Counterfeiters! Not only is their song selection the best I've ever seen, but their vocals, stage performance, and musicianship is second to none! Trust me! I'm a music snob and I was blown away! The Counterfeiters rocked our wedding to the bone and they will rock yours as well! 500 STARS!!
    Karen Married on 08/09/2014
    Highly recommended. Our guests loved The Counterfeiters, I had so many friends compliment them after the wedding. They ‘read’ the crowd, had amazing energy and the only time guests were not on the dance floor was to rest before getting back up!