The Cotton Room Reviews

The Cotton Room 5
The Cotton Room 6
The Cotton Room 7

Danielle · Married on 07/28/2018

We had an amazing experience at The Cotton Room. It is a truly beautiful venue with brick accents to distinguish your party from the generic hotel ballroom. Even more importantly the people who work at The Cotton Room are beyond incredible. All the way up to my wedding they actively helped make it less stressful and on the big day helped it to go off without a hitch. I would highly recommend them and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 07/31/2018

The Cotton Room's reply:

Danielle! Thank you for this sweet and wonderful review! We are so thrilled that your wedding day was everything you wanted it to be! We absolutely loved working with you and wish you all nothing but the most beautiful married life together <3
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I got married at The Cotton Room on September 2, 2017. It was magical. It was amazing. Our guests have been talking about the location and the food nonstop for the last three months. I was an out of town bride and knew NOTHING about the Triangle area, and to be honest going into wedding planning, The Cotton Room reflected nothing of what I was expecting for my wedding. But someone recommended the location to me so I decided a tour couldn't hurt. When I arrived in the Ceremony/Reception space I was blown away. I immediately fell in love. I didn't even tour anywhere else after that, I knew The Cotton Room was what I wanted. I moved my wedding up from when I was intending to have it simply because that's what they had available! Everyone I was in contact with was amazingly helpful and answered all my questions so quickly. They were very accommodating to push back a few due dates for decisions because the only time I could make a tasting was AFTER when I was supposed to make my food decisions. Thanks guys!! And I LOVED the bar appointment, they made me incredibly familiar with every drink they had and were amazingly knowledgable about all of them! My guests loved our custom cocktails and so did we! They even let us bring in our own personal statue of Captain Morgan, to delight of both guests and staff. Even more amazing, they accommodated my sister (my Maid of Honor) for the champagne toast by providing a non alcoholic option last minute when we forgot to tell them she was allergic (so awesome!!) and not to mention the fact that they provided us (the bride and groom) with a homemade pizza and a six pack selection of beers from our bar to enjoy in our Honeymoon Suite! Everything about this place is worth checking out, from the Bride AND Grooms Suites, the amazing Ceremony&Reception area, to the BEAUTIFUL bar. Your guests will thank you for the food!

Sent on 12/17/2017
    The Cotton Room 8
    The Cotton Room 9
    The Cotton Room 10
    The Cotton Room 11

Mallory!
    We absolutely loved having you both celebrate with us at The Cotton Room! Our staff raved about your wedding for weeks after. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to celebrate you both <3 Keep in touch!

Mary Kate · Married on 07/15/2017

As soon as we walked into The Cotton Room, we fell in love and knew it would be the best decision for our wedding....and I wasn't wrong! We worked with Summer and she made absolutely everything so easy and relaxed for us! Meeting with her was like meeting with an old friend, absolutely no stress and totally comfortable. The Cotton Room staff was all unbelievably kind and helpful in making our big day a dream come true. From the delicious food and drink to not having to worry about ANYTHING on my wedding day except getting down the aisle, The Cotton Room is the complete package and worth every penny! We would recommend to every couple!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Mary Kate,

We are SO thrilled you enjoyed your wedding at The Cotton Room! We absolutely loved working you all to create the most beautiful day <3 All our love to you moving forward!
  • Devin

Devin · Married on 04/22/2017

I don't even know where to begin. Every aspect of our experience with The Cotton Room exceeded our expectations. The rustic elegance of the venue was a perfect fit for the vision we had for our big day. Wood beams, wood floors, brick walls, floor to ceiling windows...a beautiful space. At first glance it definitely takes up a large chunk of any budget, but we quickly realized we were truly getting what we paid for, and more. The Cotton Room took care of so many aspects related to our wedding, including food, alcohol, dinner and bar staff, linens, and dishes. Even their every day decor was an added bonus to the look we were going for, such as the beautiful draping and lounge furniture throughout the space. And probably my BIGGEST compliment to this venue is in regards to their in-house coordinator they provide. We were privileged to have Becky Chapman as our coordinator and she truly made preparation for the big day, and execution of the big day, a smooth, easy and enjoyable process. She was always available to answer EVERY question I had and never hesitated to help me make my requests happen. On the day of the wedding, she was there for me from the moment I awoke until the evening came to a close. The bridal suite and groom suite were the perfect place to get ready, and the suite attendants were amazing. We had the pleasure of having Dawn help us all afternoon and evening, always there to get us anything we needed. She even helped my flower girl with her hair! She truly was a gem that made the day so great. The staff and coordinators at The Cotton Room are a well oiled machine that helps make your day run perfectly. They found a way to stay in the shadows and out of the way, while still somehow always being there the moment you needed something. I could not have imagined having our wedding at any other venue but here. From people to food to service to experience, we definitely got what we paid for and more.

Sent on 04/25/2017

The Cotton Room's reply:

DEVIN! We cannot explain how much we loved working with you all and planning the day of your dreams. You were the most lovely bride and we are simply lucky to have had the opportunity to have this experience with you all. Sending all our love to you!

Krystal · Married on 02/19/2017

Last year, my husband and I started to look at wedding venues in NC since we knew that we were moving to Raleigh/Durham from Boston, MA. We saw several venues but The Cotton Room was the most accommodating of our schedule and our tour exceeded our expectations. When meeting with Laura, she helped us visualize what a wedding at the venue would look like and showed us menus, linen colors, pictures, and answered all of our questions. She was extremely responsive and worked with us to create multiple proposals as we weighed our options. Once we went under contract, we were connected with our wedding coordinator, Summer, who was a pleasure to work with. We had several planning meetings with Summer to work out the details for our wedding and she helped us with everything along the way from table linens to escort cards the day of my wedding! Summer absolutely went above and beyond for us and did not hesitate to answer any of our random questions. Not only was the staff amazing but our guests raved about the food and the event space itself was beautiful. I could not have asked for a better venue/staff to work with!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Krystal,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Summer loved working with you all and we were thrilled with how your stunning wedding turned out! Thank you for choosing The Cotton Room- the pleasure was all ours!

ashleigh · Married on 09/09/2016

We haven't had our wedding yet, but I'm going to rave about The Cotton Room anyways. So far our experience with The Cotton Room has been amazing. Our wedding coordinator, Amalia, is so wonderful. She is quick at responding to my emails, and flexible when it comes to arranging meetings. She has been super helpful with updating our contract and returning it when I ask her to add something to it. I fell in love with The Cotton Room the minute we walked in and saw the brick walls, the high ceilings, the drapes, the hardwood floor, everything. Everything about The Cotton Room is perfect and I cannot wait to get married in September.

Briana · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I got married at The Cotton Room on July 30, 2016! Not only was the food delicious but the staff, organization, and venue space were all incredible. Our wedding coordinator, Becky Chapman, did an absolutely amazing job and helped give us the wedding of our dreams. Her calm demeanor, positive attitude, and confidence in executing all aspects of a wedding will help ease any anxious bride's nerves. Also, two members of the staff, Maranda and Anthony (there are many more but these two stood out in a lot of ways), made us and our guests feel welcomed and valued. Our guests could not stop talking about our "storybook" wedding days after the event. We would like to thank everyone at The Cotton Room for their excellent service and we would highly recommend this venue!

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

Before choosing our venue we looked at a lot of places online. The Cotton Room was the first place we looked at in person and ended up being the only place we needed to! We fell in love with the look of the venue right away as well as the menu and flexibility of food options. To put it simply, they did whatever we wanted and we were able to have amazing food and drinks for all our guests. After having our coordinators switched a couple times Becky ended up working with us and we could not have asked for a better coordinator. She seemed to know everything about the venue and the menu, she answered emails immediately (no matter how many I sent her in a day), and made our day stress free for us. Becky and The Cotton Room helped make our day everything we imagined!

Jonathan · Married on 04/16/2016

The Cotton Room exceeded our expectations for our April 16, 2016 wedding. It all started with our planner, Becky, who was very enjoyable to work with. She was easy to talk to, organized, professional, and offered great feedback. She gets big props for making our big day so perfect.

The venue itself is beautiful. It has a very unique look that came together just right on the big day. To boot, the food was absolutely delicious and the servers were very attentive and friendly.

I've had many family members and friends rave over the venue and food. We wouldn't have changed a thing. Thanks Becky and the rest of the Cotton Room staff!

Susan · Married on 04/02/2016

Absolute Perfection! The Cotton Room in Durham was the exquisite setting for our daughter's amazing wedding this weekend, 4/2/16! Incrediblely delicious and.creative menu, served hot and plentiful by an attentive and friendly Wait Staff. Bar tenders kept it fun and responsible. Decorations, lighting and linen curtains kept it rromantic and exciting. Best of all, Wedding Planner Amalia saw to all the details beforehand, the rehearsal, the transition of ceremony to reception, the sparkling send off of the Bride and Groom, and even to packing up the cars to leave. Orchestrating the timing of the evening in a calm and kind manner, Amalia and her Assistant brought out the best of the wedding party, the large extended families and their guests! Bravo!
    Susan Knapp, Mother of The Bride

Jonathan · Married on 03/12/2016

We cannot speak highly enough about The Cotton Room and the services of Amalia Sarnecki-Ackley. Critical to our wedding vision were space, food, and libations. The Cotton Room is a gorgeous and versatile space that was conducive to all of our needs and desires. I could not find any fault in the food they provided. The beef was succulent. The salads were savory and colorful. The hors d’oeuvre, visually appealing and non-messy, were a well received at cocktail hour. And the flambéed donuts with ice cream were a hit with guests as a wedding cake alternative. Guests never noticed we didn’t have a cake to cut until hours after the reception ended! To make the wedding trifecta complete, the venue’s open bar won over our guests. The variety of beers and wines provided, in addition to liquor, satisfied all palettes.

Most importantly, the venue’s personnel were attentive, responsive, professional, and amicable at every step of the process. Though our wedding was adults-only, several guests had newborns or toddlers. The venue allowed us to convert the bridal suite into a childcare center where a local childcare professional watched all children while their parents partied 200 feet away. This also permitted nursing mothers to have some privacy to feed their children throughout the night. This consideration by The Cotton Room was invaluable for several close relatives and friends. It allowed the parents to be near their children and enjoy the celebration unencumbered with constant childcare demands.

If you’re looking for a spacious venue with great staff in Durham, NC, then The Cotton Room is your destination. You cannot go wrong. And ask for Amalia!

S · Married on 03/12/2016

Would highly recommend the Cotton Room for a ceremony and reception. The ceremony felt intimate even though there were almost 150 people there. The team quickly transformed the space during the cocktail hour and it was magnificent. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the wedding. Amalia is personable and quite professional and was a joy to work with.

Shavonne · Married on 02/12/2016

The best all-inclusive vendor in the RDU area, Shelley was a fantastic coordinator to work with and made sure all of my needs were met!

Caroline · Married on 11/08/2015

The Cotton Room is an absolutely beautiful venue for your wedding and/or reception. The Cotton Room hosted our wedding reception on 11/8/15, and I have not yet stopped receiving compliments on how gorgeous the room was, how great the food was, how much space we had, and how much FUN all of our guests had. Shelley is absolutely stupendous, and she assisted us every step of the way by helping us make decisions without stress, being responsive and attentive to our questions and desires, and with all of the work she put in to our wedding to make sure that it was not only decorated beautifully, but that the food was great, that everything went smoothly, and that everyone had a good time. BOOK THEM!

Ashley · Married on 11/06/2015

Shelley (our day-of coordinator) made my dream wedding come to life at The Cotton Room. She was so responsive through the entire planning process and really understood my vision. She was there with suggestions when I needed help, and really went the extra mile the day of the wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous and offer so much more than just a place to stay. The food was incredible and I could not have asked for anything better. Thank you to everyone who helped us!

Madison · Married on 10/09/2015

My wedding coordinator was Shelley. I loved the cotton room! I had many compliments throughout the night. Everything was flawless!

Priscilla · Married on 05/17/2015

The Cotton Room is ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR!!! The venue itself is gorgeous with exposed brick, high ceilings, and wooden pillars. The food is SUPERB and all of our guests commented on how delicious everything was! Additionally since all the catering is done in house, it greatly streamlines the planning process. However, by far the greatest asset of the Cotton Room is their wedding coordinators, who facilitate the planning process, all setup and decoration, and execution on the day of the wedding. Michelle, who coordinated our wedding, is THE BEST!!!! She helped us plan our entire wedding and made sure everything was beautifully arranged on the day of our wedding. Furthermore, she's super flexible and easily adapts to difficult situations!! She was there the whole time and made sure everything was exactly as we envisioned! Michelle truly made our wedding special and completely stress-free! A HUGE THANK YOU to The Cotton Room and Michelle for a FANTASTIC experience!

Erin · Married on 04/04/2015

Our wedding at The Cotton Room was 1 week ago today and it was PERFECT! Michelle Aldred and her amazing staff made our day more special than I could ever have imagined. I was overwhelmed at the thought of planning a wedding and waited months before deciding to do anything. Once we visited and saw The Cotton Room, we knew it was THE venue for us. From that point on, everything was so easy and fell right in to place. Every single guest ranted & raved about how beautiful everything was and how delicious the food was. We could not be more pleased with our decision to have our special day in this gorgeous space. Michelle was also super quick to reply anytime I had a question and was very helpful every step of the way. The day went off without a hitch! It actually went by so fast, I wish we could go back and do it all over again! I would highly recommend booking The Cotton Room for your wedding or any other special event!

Ps. ALL of the food is superb, but the pork puppies are ridiculously good and we had the Asian scallop spoons and I literally (and not exaggerating!) ate about 8 of them myself! You just can't go wrong with any of the available food options!

Ashley · Married on 01/03/2015

My husband and I had our wedding on January 3rd, 2015 and could not have asked for a better venue and experience. We worked directly with Shelley Clayton and she made sure every little thing I requested, big or small, was taken care of. The venue is beautiful and and makes for such beautiful pictures. The food and drinks were amazing. We had so many compliments on how delicious everything was. Our wedding was rather large (240 people) so I was nervous about the timeliness of dinner being served, however The Cotton Room did an incredible job and the food was served promptly. Having their own catering in house made it so much easier for me as the bride (all flatware, dinner plates, barware, etc was included) and the food is much fresher when cooked on location. I would 100% recommend The Cotton Room to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Beth · Married on 11/01/2014

Michelle was so accommodating and responsive and helpful. My wedding day was flawless and Michelle was a huge part of that. The space was absolutely gorgeous and well worth the expense. The food was also fantastic and many of my guests have commented on how delicious the food was. Thank you so much for making my wedding day an absolute dream.

Alanna · Married on 10/18/2014

The Cotton Room was AMAZING. Hands down best vendor choice of my wedding. From day 1 of planning to the final night before their planning and expertise was calming and professional. Each planning session fell at a logical time and got the appropriate amount done. We had a brunch wedding and not only was the value incredible, the lighting and venue was perfect. Lots of people told us it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever been to. Also, the mango mimosas were delicious - as was all the food. Amalia was our wedding planner, and she knows her stuff. Plus she still loves planning it with you, its the right balance between professional and objective with having a friend's opinion. You can't go wrong with the Cotton Room.

Amanda · Married on 09/06/2014

Michelle and her staff were simply amazing. The space exceeded our expectations. The planning was pretty Uneventful thanks to Michelle and her staff. We were planning the wedding from across the country and it was wonderful to know we were in such great hands. All of our guests raved about the food! And the romance of the space.

Cindy · Married on 06/08/2014

My daughter, Heather and Zack, now son-in-law had their wedding on June 8, 2014. It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was great and pampered my daughter on her wedding day. The wedding decor and food wonderful! This event was like fairy book story.

Would recommend all out of town guest stay at the Hilton Garden Inn/University Medical Center, Durham. The staff and service is outstanding and so close to the Cotton Room! Great Hotel!!

Cindy S. Smith

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at The Cotton Room and worked with Jeriann as our wedding planner. I have to say, I was definitely shocked by the prices at first, but after the wedding, seeing how smoothly and beautifully everything came together, I would pay it all over again. Jeriann was always easily accessible via email and phone, and was a pleasure to work with. I can easily say that because The Cotton Room takes care of everything, I was not nearly as stressed as I imagined I would be with the planning. All of our guests raved about the food (summer dinner buffet and sweets table) and thought the room looked stunning. The staff were all incredibly nice and responsive and made sure that we were happy and that everything stayed beautiful. Working with The Cotton Room and Jeriann was fabulous and I would recommend anyone getting married or holding a large event to use them!!!

Amy · Married on 03/30/2014

Throughout the wedding planning process I was frequently told, "I can't believe how calm you are - you must be a Really great planner." It's true, I was able to stay calm and anxiety-free throughout 95% of the days leading up to my wedding - but nearly all of that had to do with the incredible venue that I was fortunate to book.

The Cotton Room sincerely is an all-in-one venue providing in-house floral (stunning), decorations (perfect), linens / china / flatware / seating / chairs (convenient), and catering (phenomenal - the best wedding food I have tasted, despite my bias). Amalia served as my wedding coordinator, also provided by The Cotton Room, and she did everything for me it seems except walk me down the aisle. She managed vendors. All of them. She managed the scheduling. All of it. She got creative to help me make the most of our budget and added in special "extras" where she could. If I needed a hand to hold, Amalia was there. If I needed a mimosa, Amalia was there. If someone was missing, Amalia found them. If anything went wrong at all on my wedding day I certainly wasn't (and am not) aware of it. Because Amalia and The Cotton Room are awesome. Even down to the kitchen and waitstaff.

If I had to do it all over again, I would select the exact same venue. I would beg for Amalia, and I would sleep well every night knowing that this venue and its people have got weddings covered.

Thank you to the entire team at The Cotton Room for so many incredible memories and peaceful months leading up to my big day :)