The Cotillion Banquets Reviews

71 | Palatine, IL

71 Reviews for The Cotillion Banquets

• Aley

Aley · Married on 08/01/2020

A great venue, and even more amazing team at the Cotillion

Words cannot express how hard George and Tom worked to help make our wedding happen. We first met George about a year ago (Pre-covid-19) to start our wedding planning. From the start, George’s personality and hospitality amazed us. He made wedding planning such a breeze. Once the shelter at home order began in March, our wedding planning came to a complete stop. Around end of June, we met with George and Tom to brainstorm ideas on how we could safely have our wedding with a small number of guests. We had to completely change up plans from what we had initially planned for but George and Tom helped us accomplish something we never thought could happen. They listened to us and made sure our voices were heard. They made it their priority to make sure that we got to celebrate our special day. Our wedding day was definitely an unforgettable one. With George and Tom by our side, everything went so wonderfully. The food was AMAZING!! When George tells you about the great food Cotillion offers, he is not kidding! We are so grateful that we chose such an wonderful venue and an even better team that’s a part of Cotillion banquets. Cotillion is the best example of a family owned business. You feel the love of family just from walking in through the door. George, thank you for all your support and positive energy during this entire process. Tom, without your key attention to detail, our wedding would not have happened so smoothly. We cannot recommend Cotillion enough! This is the place to be for your events!!

Sent on 09/02/2020
  • Jeanine

Jeanine Kerber · Married on 11/05/2019

Wonderful Wedding Venue!

One of the biggest decisions we had was choosing a hall to hold our wedding reception. When we first walked into The Cotillion we were met by Tom. He made us feel like we were family. The more we talked the more comfortable we felt. He walked us through the building and he was knowledgeable and so cordial. By the end of our first meeting, we knew this is where we needed to have our reception. When we met for the tasting he explained to us his process of how the food is made and nothing was precooked or staged. That made a world of difference to us. We knew our guests were going to be getting a hot fresh meal. Tom left no stone unturned, he walked us through everything. From the time we arrived at the Cotillion to the time we walked out the door at the end of our party. We knew everything that was going to happen, when it was going to happen, and how it was going to happen. He went out of his way to meet with our entertainment to make sure that they had everything they needed as well. He made us feel so at ease and comfortable. There is no place I would trust more to handle such a precious event.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful Venue and Beautiful People

My husband and I went to a few places before we decided on the Cotillion Banquets. What made us decide on them was simple.. beautiful venue and GEORGE! George was our venue coordinator, he KNOWS his stuff. In the beginning, he may seem like he’s promising you everything and it may be unlikely to happen. Well, guess what? EVERYTHING DID HAPPEN! HE MADE EVERYTHING HE PROMISED HAPPEN! My husband and I was soooo happpy! George also is very honest, he is not here to make you spend a fortune and persuade you to pay more than you need AND THAT is how you keep customers. Our wedding was BEAUTIFUL and all our guests were wowed by the decorations and the food was delicious!! My husband and I are so happy that we HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the Cotillion Banquets for all your events!! You will NOT regret it!

Sent on 10/14/2019

· Married on 09/14/2019

Excellent Reception Hall

George and the entire Cotillion crew really knocked it out of the park for our wedding. My wife and I were so happy with our experience at this venue. We had toured around twelve different venues and the Cotillion was the clear winner. Of all the venues we looked at, this one offered the best quality at the best price. We had multiple meetings with George in the year leading up to the wedding. The planning process was very thorough and there was never any doubt about how the day would run. George worked closely with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, including some upgrades to our package which were most appreciated.
    As for the day of, we couldn’t have been happier with how everything went. When we arrived for our reception, we were absolutely blown away by how incredible the room looked. George and his crew made it look just like the fairy tale style my wife had in mind. The food was excellent (we offered beef, chicken, salmon, and a vegan option) and we received numerous compliments about its quality and taste. The night stayed mostly on schedule, although with the length of our toasts and there being two other events that night, some delays were understandable. As to there being other parties that night, you would have never guessed it from inside our ballroom. So, to anyone worried about competing noise volumes, you can rest easy. At the end of the night, clean-up was quick and we were able to stow some of our things at the venue overnight.
    Now, onto the most important part of this operation – George. This guy is incredible at his job. He is thorough, organized, and absolutely professional. He will have you read his reviews, which he should because, like this one, they are very positive. George isn’t trying to oversell you on how good he is. He really is as good as he says. We felt so welcome at the Cotillion where George, Tom, Gus, and the entire staff truly treat you like family. They have a strong sense of hospitality and friendliness here that made for a very enjoyable experience. My wife and I hope to host more events here in the future and I can’t recommend this venue highly enough.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Krug · Married on 09/07/2019

Excellent experience!!! Highly Recommend!!

The Cotillion was one of the last venues we looked at, but from the moment we walked in we were sold. The ballroom and even entry way is absolutely gorgeous! From there we met George who is outstanding! He provided us with all the information we could possibly need. George worked with our budget, timeline, and any idea we came up with he took it and made it a reality. The week of we had several last minute changes that George, Tom, and Barbara were able to work with. The day of, the room looked beautiful and the tables were set up perfectly! The food and atmosphere was outstanding. Our guests have not stopped talking about it! I cannot thank George or the entire staff enough for making our special day beautiful and perfect.

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Truc Mai

Truc Mai · Married on 09/07/2019

Best Day Ever

There’s a lot of stress planning a wedding but the team at the Cotillion, especially working with George, made the day effortless on mine behalf and I didn’t have to worry about a thing when it came to the reception. He made sure that we had a timeline for the night and advise us when we should cut the cake to our first dance and all the important details so our photographer can get those important pictures without the servers in our pictures. The venue was absolutely beautiful from all of the decors to every details on the each tables. The team at the Cotillion was very accommodating and worked with our budget and even went out of their way to help our vendors set up and letting my husband and I practice our first dance in another room while they set up. The servers and bartenders gave one of the best services to all of our guests which is amazing and very important to us. Our guests rave about the amazing food and the venue. George and his team are the of the best in the wedding business!!

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Tim

Tim and Kristin · Married on 08/30/2019

Simply the Best!

From the beginning of the wedding planning through our wedding day we were incredibly impressed with the Cotillion. Starting from our first visit meeting with George we could tell the Cotillion was a family atmosphere. When we toured the facility, we saw everyone from the owner to the staff working together to prepare for an event that evening.

During the wedding planning, George was enjoyable to work with. His servant heart showed through when with each request his reply was always“no problem.” At the same time using his many years of expertise, George kindly guided us to wise decisions that we would not have thought of otherwise.

The day of the wedding was stress-free for us because of all the work George and his staff put into the setup and logistics. During our reception, the staff was incredibly attentive and Tom the owner checked in with us several times throughout the night to make certain everything was going well. We had several people tell us the evening was one of the best receptions they had attended. In particular, people express that the food was delicious. We had several guests with special dietary needs and the Cotillion accommodated all of their needs with ease. Overall, we could not have asked for a better experience throughout the entire wedding process thanks to Tom, George, and staff!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Allison & Jeremy Leonard · Married on 08/18/2019

Breathtaking Banquet Hall and Staff

If we could rate this more than 5 stars, we would!! Cotillion Banquets is absolutely beautiful. My now husband and I got married there August 18th, 2019 and had such an incredible time. George, our wedding planner was the best!!! He is very genuine, hardworking, the best wedding planner out there. He was always willing to pick up the phone and call us when we had questions no matter what time it was. He made our wedding one to always remember. We look back and say to ourselves was this even real!! The beauty of this banquet hall, the staff, the food, EVERYTHING was perfect. Anyone that is looking for a place to celebrate any occasion, this is the place you want to be at. George, Tom and staff, thank you for making our wedding such a memorable time in our lives. You guys have such a beautiful banquet hall and such incredible hearts. We can’t say thank you enough. We left there wanting to do it all over again and left there with new friends. You guys are wonderful people. George and Tom thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you did for Jeremy and I and our families. Absolutely breathtaking the whole experience from the beginning to the end.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Becca Varvara · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Reception

Where do we even begin?..from the moment we stepped into Cotillion while venue shopping we knew it was something special. My parents first found this venue through a friend and after going to multiple places there was nothing that compared! Tom & George are the absolute best!!! We had the first two rooms of the banquet named Crown and Tiara we agreed on 400 people when we booked and long story short ended up with way over. George & Tom we’re both SO accommodating and when I say accommodating we mean it to the max. We ended up with 498 people and were so nervous every time we would add a couple people but they were so calm and made everyone fit with enough space to comfortably move around. Our florist was able to easily work with Cotillion Banquets’s as well to make the wedding of our dreams really come true! The night of our wedding there was also another wedding in the back room and we received sooo many compliments on our room from their guests. We had a Romanian wedding, and Romanians are very picky when it comes to food but not one guest complained about the food and everyone was amazed and told us how amazing it all was. From the appetizers to the main course everyone ate and was filled. Our bridal party couldn’t wait for the next platter to come out with our appetizers that’s how amazing they were. We had only good reviews about the food, room, and service from every guest. Our servers were so respectful and did their job diligently. What can we say, everything we wanted for our reception, we received AND MORE. George and Tom made it happen. They are truly wonderful people that we can say we grew a friendship with and it was not only business. We urge all who are looking for venues to stop looking anywhere else and make an appointment at the cotillion. We promise you will not regret your decision!!!!
    We are so so thankful for having the Cotillion be able to host our reception we can’t say enough how happy we were and are for our beautiful wedding! We still can’t believe that our dream wedding was a reality and we keep talking about how amazing it all was!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH COTILLION GEORGE & TOM!!!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Paulina

Paulina Jensen · Married on 08/10/2019

Great for a Wedding Venue

If you're looking for a Banquet Hall that will support you, listen to you and make your event planning easier then Cotillion should be your choice! We had our wedding reception on August 10, 2019 and we couldn't be happier that we chose Cotillion. We worked with George and he is great! He is on top of things, will explain everything for you to make this planning experience less stressful. He was there with us on the wedding day along with Tom, the owner, making sure everything was going smoothly. They are a great team and they make you feel like you're a part of Cotillion family. We will be hosting our future events with George! Thank you for everything Cotillion!!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Sarah Baxter · Married on 07/27/2019

Family feel

WOW such an incredible experience working with the Cotillion since the day I called and spoke with George to inquire information to find a new reception venue quickly as our original one fell through. My husband and I are so happy the original venue fell through because working with the Cotillion was the best experience we had with any of our vendors! George is a great guy. He is very personable, detail oriented, efficient, passionate, professional, responsive, and genuinely cares to help make the wedding of your dreams come true! And it came true!! The food and service was spectacular and the ballroom look to the venue with beautiful chandeliers was stunning! George and Tom treated us with respect and just like their family! I would highly recommend working with the Cotillion as they really gained our trust and we had no doubts our wedding would go without a hitch! 7.27.19

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Preston · Married on 06/30/2019

Excellent!

My daughter, her fiancé, and I, went to three other venues before we chose the Cotillion Banquets. When we met George, we knew this was the place. After meeting with him on multiple occasions, and going through details, I can attest, that he is one of the most hardworking, detail orientated, and passionate people I have ever met. He truly loves his job and wants to make sure your wedding day is exactly what you want it to be. He worked within our budget and we were able to get what we asked for. George answered all calls and emails very quickly and also sent me pictures of decor options too. On the day of the wedding, my daughter cried tears of happiness when she walked into the ballroom. The room was absolutely stunning! We received so many compliments on the dinner entrees.The wait staff and bartenders were very attentive and friendly. George, thanks to you, and your staff, for making my daughter 's wedding day all she dreamed of and more. You were a joy to work with. I can't say enough good things about the Cotillion and will recommend to my family and friends!

Sent on 07/07/2019

The Cotillion Banquets's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Wedding wire and for posting these beautiful photographs.

Ashley Preston · Married on 06/30/2019

George made all of our dreams come true!

I've dreamed about my wedding day ever since I was a little girl. George and the Cotillion took those dreams and made them even better in reality. Wedding planning was very overwhelming to me expect for when I was working with George. He made everything so easy and I always trusted him and his judgment. He treated my fiance and I like family from the minute we walked through the doors. George always kept in contact with us, answered all of our questions throughly, and helped us through tough decisions. I felt like Cinderella on my wedding day and George was my fairy godfather! Everything we had planned was perfect. No detail was forgotten. I was blown away! I immediately bursted into tears when I first saw our ballroom completed. George made it better than my dreams! We can never thank him enough for all of his hard work and dedication to making our wedding absolutely perfect. We love the Cotillion and consider them apart of our family!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/21/2019

Dream Wedding

It took me a couple days to write this review because I am still at a loss for words. My wedding day was everything I had ever dreamed of.. and more. Cotillion Banquets was the best decision I made during wedding planning. We had visited about 8 venues before choosing Cotillion Banquets. The second we met George, we knew this was the place. He is one of the most hardworking, caring, and passionate people I have ever met. When you work with George, you can tell he isn't doing this for the money. He truly loves what he does and wants to make sure your wedding day is perfect. And that is exactly what he did for us. He exceeded all my expectations. He answered all calls and emails very quickly and with every request I had, his response was always "no problem." I cried when I walked into the reception because I couldn't believe how beautiful our room looked. George stayed there late and kept checking in during the night to make sure everything was going well. The food is amazing. I received so many compliments and was told it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The servers and bartenders were super attentive and friendly. I can't say enough good things about the Cotillion. I HIGHLY recommend them for any occasion, especially your wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2019

The Cotillion Banquets's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review Cotillion Banquets on Wedding Wire. It was an honor to host your event.

Aleksandra Gacanovic · Married on 06/15/2019

Fantastic!

We had our wedding last month and it was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! We have George to thank for all of it! He is extremely detailed and dedicated to the couple that is he working with. We were most pleasantly surprised by the fact that he treated us like family and not just another customer. The Cotillion handled everything in a timely manner and we did not have to worry about a SINGLE thing throughout the whole process, which allowed us to fully enjoy the entire experience as well as our wedding day. Special thanks to Tom and Gus for exceeding our expectations! To sum up, we would 100% recommend hosting your event at the Cotillion.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Dabbah · Married on 04/20/2019

Beautiful Reception

What an amazing event I had at the Cotillion. Working with George everything was seamless for my reception. I had zero stress because it was all taken care of timely and efficiently. They are very on top of every event they organize. The food was amazing. I had several guest compliment us on that and the service level. George pays great attention to detail to ensure everything is perfect on that day. A perfect venue for the intimate reception that we had. Thank you.

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Alex

Alex Reyes · Married on 11/09/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Let me just start off by saying that you WILL NOT regret your decision with The Cotillion. From the décor to the services, everything was absolutely wonderful. George was so attentive to everything we asked for. He doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do and he doesn't care about budgets. He made sure we showed up happy and left even happier. I would recommend Cotillion Banquets to any and every one. Thank you George and Cotillion Banquets for making our dream wedding a reality! XOXO - Josh and Alex Reyes!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect and personal

We really can’t recommend the Cotillion strongly enough. It’s a beautiful venue with great food and excellent, personal service. We had our wedding here just over a week ago and everything was all that we could hope for.
    We wanted to plan and have our wedding quickly and the Cotillion and George were the first place we went to. We checked out other venues, but we knew when we left our meeting with George that the Cotillion was where we wanted our wedding. George makes you feel like a friend or family member from day one and he truly cares about helping you plan and deliver the wedding you want. His enthusiasm is infectious and he takes a lot of the stress of planning away. You’ll wish he didn’t work so hard the day of your wedding so he could just attend as a guest.
    George promised us a number of things when we first met him: the best value for your money, the best food you’ll have at a wedding, the hall set up just the way you want, everything running on time so you and the guests can hit the huge dance floor, and great service all night. George doesn’t just live up to his promises, he exceeds them.
    The hall was set up beautifully. The service was great. The food was served fresh, hot, and quickly and everything tasted fantastic. The dance floor is huge and comfortably held a lot of dancers at once. We didn’t have to worry about a thing all night and focused on having fun with our friends and family. Our guests told us how much they liked the hall and raved about the food and service.
    We could say a lot more about how great everything was at the Cotillion, but to make a long story short: pick the Cotillion for your wedding and let George deliver the exact wedding you want with unmatched personal service.

Sent on 11/04/2018

David · Married on 09/01/2018

Pricing is great, quality of food after our tasting is competitive compared to the “fisherman’s inn”. professional dining. The place is georgious!! And ask for “George” he will treat you like family like he has been doin for us ever since we walked through those doors. Can’t wait for September to come and couldn’t have picked a better place than the Catilion of palatine. Also.....this dance floor is mouth dropping

Sent on 04/10/2018
  • Gary

Gary Thompson · Married on 09/01/2018

5 out of 5 stars.

After searching and looking around after about 3 different venues... let me tell you I was exhausted. So to be greated by George and asked if we had already checked other venues was a breathe of fresh air. He gives you that family feeling and honesty! George takes care of everything and I don’t know how he does it! There are so many different things you have to plan. So I was relevead. Thanks to The Cotillion Banquets and staff I got my perfect wedding with my wife. (As long as she is happy right?) Tom is one of the 2 owners and he always double checks to make sure everything is smooth. The venue is jaw droppingly gorgeous, with white granite dance floors, UNBELIEVABLE crystal chandeliers, high ceilings, a beautiful staircase to enter in. THE food was top notch. No lie I am a picky Italian. My whole family just loved it. The staff that served us were also wonderful and the bartenders ARE so cool!

5 out of 5 stars

Would highly recommend.

Sent on 02/09/2019
  • Metchelle

Metchelle · Married on 08/18/2018

This place is BEAUTIFUL. We went to three different places in June 2017; The Cotillion was the very last visit of the day.
    We were SOLD right when we walked in and met with George.
    He gave us the full run down. The pricing, the day (before we even booked) and food.
    I had a list of questions that he answered before I even asked them. I didn't even have to open my laptop word doc.
    He knew what questions we had in our mind and what we were thinking.
    He has been in business long enough that he know what type of thinking couples do that are newly engaged.
    George was the main reason why we booked. I have never seen someone so passionate about what they do.
    He was very inviting and helpful in every area.
    We had our ceremony and reception in one room and I am SO glad that we did that. I was worried at first, but the day of.. I couldn't stop smiling and happy crying of how beautiful it was.. The whole day was just too good to be true. George checked in when he could, but just wanted to make sure that we were having a great time. We had so many friends and family raving about everything. The venue, the ceremony, the decorations and the food.
    I will ALWAYS recommend this place to anyone and everyone getting married.

Shout out - Thank you again George.
    You made our dream wedding come true.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Gerard and Analyn · event on: 06/15/2018

We highly recommend this place! While venue-hunting for my daughter’s Debut (18th birthday party), the minute we stepped foot through the doors, my daughter said, “This is the place!” We wanted to thank Tom who treated us like family members and warmly accommodated us in his office every time we had an appointment with him. We also want to thank George who is a hardworking and excellent event planner/coordinator who helped us plan my daughter’s event even down to the tiniest details; he made sure everything went as planned, which contributed to the success of the event. We received a lot of compliments from our guests about The Cotillion from the decorations of our room, to the great-tasting food, and the professional services provided. The Cotillion management knows how to treat their customers like family! Thank you again to Tom, George, and the entire team at The Cotillion!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Aruj · Married on 03/31/2018

We shopped around a bit before deciding on The Cotillion as my sister's wedding venue a few months back. The main reason we chose this place, aside from the fact that it's absolute stunning, was George. Plain and simple. If you want a smooth, hassle free experience, look no further than The Cotillion. Trust me. George is a dream to work with. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable about wedding logistics and aesthetics and can back it up with years of great experience, but he's also real pleasure to work with! We had a few hiccups with other venues for the wedding events but not a single issue with The Cotillion. Working with George was an absolute breeze because he handled any and all issues that came up with ease and didn't make us feel anxious the day of. He handled our important day as if it were his personal event and you can't ask for more on your big day. A huge thank you to the entire staff and team at The Cotillion, especially George, for making our event a huge success!!!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Satya · Married on 12/18/2017

The Cotillion Banquets is the best place for any kind of party like wedding, reception or any Indian ceremonies. You can find everything you could ask for and more in any banquet hall. This place has very good ambiance, perfect, absolutely stunning, the table arrangement, amazing, and the staff, so accommodating. We are very happy that we chose this place for our 25th Wedding Anniversary event. George is amazing person, helping from the beginning through the night, making sure we had everything we needed. The owners Tom and Gus and other supporting stop did an excellent service. We strongly recommend The Cotillion to our friends and families for any and all events! We have all positive feelings about this place.

Thank you George, Tom and Gus...

Sent on 01/20/2018

Mike · Married on 09/01/2017

Our experience with The Cotillion was extraordinary. George Goumas, the wedding coordinator, made the experience exactly what we wanted. George is a genuine guy that follows through on what he says. His experience, intelligence, and preparation made us confident that our day would go as planned. The planning process was easy as we met with George a few times to go over the wedding day.
    The price of the event was far more reasonable than other venues. My wife and I are were able to stay on budget and they never pushed anything on us.
    On our wedding day, the Regal Room within the Cotillion, looked absolutely magnificent. My wife's vision combined with George's experience came together beautifully. Our guests were impressed with the layout of the room. The entire wedding day could not have gone better. Tom, the owner, was more than accommodating. From the waiters to the bar tenders, the entire staff was professional and responsive the whole night. The filet mignon and basil chicken were decadent, and the guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food. I would definitely recommend booking your wedding at the Cotillion!

Sent on 12/23/2017