The Cotillion Banquets Reviews

The Cotillion Banquets 7
  • Jeanine

Jeanine Kerber · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Wonderful Wedding Venue!

One of the biggest decisions we had was choosing a hall to hold our wedding reception. When we first walked into The Cotillion we were met by Tom. He made us feel like we were family. The more we talked the more comfortable we felt. He walked us through the building and he was knowledgeable and so cordial. By the end of our first meeting, we knew this is where we needed to have our reception. When we met for the tasting he explained to us his process of how the food is made and nothing was precooked or staged. That made a world of difference to us. We knew our guests were going to be getting a hot fresh meal. Tom left no stone unturned, he walked us through everything. From the time we arrived at the Cotillion to the time we walked out the door at the end of our party. We knew everything that was going to happen, when it was going to happen, and how it was going to happen. He went out of his way to meet with our entertainment to make sure that they had everything they needed as well. He made us feel so at ease and comfortable. There is no place I would trust more to handle such a precious event.

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Tim

Tim and Kristin · Getting married on 08/30/2019

Simply the Best!

From the beginning of the wedding planning through our wedding day we were incredibly impressed with the Cotillion. Starting from our first visit meeting with George we could tell the Cotillion was a family atmosphere. When we toured the facility, we saw everyone from the owner to the staff working together to prepare for an event that evening.

During the wedding planning, George was enjoyable to work with. His servant heart showed through when with each request his reply was always“no problem.” At the same time using his many years of expertise, George kindly guided us to wise decisions that we would not have thought of otherwise.

The day of the wedding was stress-free for us because of all the work George and his staff put into the setup and logistics. During our reception, the staff was incredibly attentive and Tom the owner checked in with us several times throughout the night to make certain everything was going well. We had several people tell us the evening was one of the best receptions they had attended. In particular, people express that the food was delicious. We had several guests with special dietary needs and the Cotillion accommodated all of their needs with ease. Overall, we could not have asked for a better experience throughout the entire wedding process thanks to Tom, George, and staff!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    The Cotillion Banquets 8

Becca Varvara · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Reception

Where do we even begin?..from the moment we stepped into Cotillion while venue shopping we knew it was something special. My parents first found this venue through a friend and after going to multiple places there was nothing that compared! Tom & George are the absolute best!!! We had the first two rooms of the banquet named Crown and Tiara we agreed on 400 people when we booked and long story short ended up with way over. George & Tom we’re both SO accommodating and when I say accommodating we mean it to the max. We ended up with 498 people and were so nervous every time we would add a couple people but they were so calm and made everyone fit with enough space to comfortably move around. Our florist was able to easily work with Cotillion Banquets’s as well to make the wedding of our dreams really come true! The night of our wedding there was also another wedding in the back room and we received sooo many compliments on our room from their guests. We had a Romanian wedding, and Romanians are very picky when it comes to food but not one guest complained about the food and everyone was amazed and told us how amazing it all was. From the appetizers to the main course everyone ate and was filled. Our bridal party couldn’t wait for the next platter to come out with our appetizers that’s how amazing they were. We had only good reviews about the food, room, and service from every guest. Our servers were so respectful and did their job diligently. What can we say, everything we wanted for our reception, we received AND MORE. George and Tom made it happen. They are truly wonderful people that we can say we grew a friendship with and it was not only business. We urge all who are looking for venues to stop looking anywhere else and make an appointment at the cotillion. We promise you will not regret your decision!!!!
    We are so so thankful for having the Cotillion be able to host our reception we can’t say enough how happy we were and are for our beautiful wedding! We still can’t believe that our dream wedding was a reality and we keep talking about how amazing it all was!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH COTILLION GEORGE & TOM!!!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2019
    The Cotillion Banquets 9

Sarah Baxter · Married on 07/27/2019

Family feel

WOW such an incredible experience working with the Cotillion since the day I called and spoke with George to inquire information to find a new reception venue quickly as our original one fell through. My husband and I are so happy the original venue fell through because working with the Cotillion was the best experience we had with any of our vendors! George is a great guy. He is very personable, detail oriented, efficient, passionate, professional, responsive, and genuinely cares to help make the wedding of your dreams come true! And it came true!! The food and service was spectacular and the ballroom look to the venue with beautiful chandeliers was stunning! George and Tom treated us with respect and just like their family! I would highly recommend working with the Cotillion as they really gained our trust and we had no doubts our wedding would go without a hitch! 7.27.19

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Preston · Married on 06/30/2019

Excellent!

My daughter, her fiancé, and I, went to three other venues before we chose the Cotillion Banquets. When we met George, we knew this was the place. After meeting with him on multiple occasions, and going through details, I can attest, that he is one of the most hardworking, detail orientated, and passionate people I have ever met. He truly loves his job and wants to make sure your wedding day is exactly what you want it to be. He worked within our budget and we were able to get what we asked for. George answered all calls and emails very quickly and also sent me pictures of decor options too. On the day of the wedding, my daughter cried tears of happiness when she walked into the ballroom. The room was absolutely stunning! We received so many compliments on the dinner entrees.The wait staff and bartenders were very attentive and friendly. George, thanks to you, and your staff, for making my daughter 's wedding day all she dreamed of and more. You were a joy to work with. I can't say enough good things about the Cotillion and will recommend to my family and friends!

Sent on 07/07/2019
    The Cotillion Banquets 19
    The Cotillion Banquets 20
    The Cotillion Banquets 21

The Cotillion Banquets's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Wedding wire and for posting these beautiful photographs.

Ashley Preston · Married on 06/30/2019

George made all of our dreams come true!

I've dreamed about my wedding day ever since I was a little girl. George and the Cotillion took those dreams and made them even better in reality. Wedding planning was very overwhelming to me expect for when I was working with George. He made everything so easy and I always trusted him and his judgment. He treated my fiance and I like family from the minute we walked through the doors. George always kept in contact with us, answered all of our questions throughly, and helped us through tough decisions. I felt like Cinderella on my wedding day and George was my fairy godfather! Everything we had planned was perfect. No detail was forgotten. I was blown away! I immediately bursted into tears when I first saw our ballroom completed. George made it better than my dreams! We can never thank him enough for all of his hard work and dedication to making our wedding absolutely perfect. We love the Cotillion and consider them apart of our family!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/21/2019

Dream Wedding

It took me a couple days to write this review because I am still at a loss for words. My wedding day was everything I had ever dreamed of.. and more. Cotillion Banquets was the best decision I made during wedding planning. We had visited about 8 venues before choosing Cotillion Banquets. The second we met George, we knew this was the place. He is one of the most hardworking, caring, and passionate people I have ever met. When you work with George, you can tell he isn't doing this for the money. He truly loves what he does and wants to make sure your wedding day is perfect. And that is exactly what he did for us. He exceeded all my expectations. He answered all calls and emails very quickly and with every request I had, his response was always "no problem." I cried when I walked into the reception because I couldn't believe how beautiful our room looked. George stayed there late and kept checking in during the night to make sure everything was going well. The food is amazing. I received so many compliments and was told it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The servers and bartenders were super attentive and friendly. I can't say enough good things about the Cotillion. I HIGHLY recommend them for any occasion, especially your wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2019

The Cotillion Banquets's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review Cotillion Banquets on Wedding Wire. It was an honor to host your event.

Aleksandra Gacanovic · Married on 06/15/2019

Fantastic!

We had our wedding last month and it was ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! We have George to thank for all of it! He is extremely detailed and dedicated to the couple that is he working with. We were most pleasantly surprised by the fact that he treated us like family and not just another customer. The Cotillion handled everything in a timely manner and we did not have to worry about a SINGLE thing throughout the whole process, which allowed us to fully enjoy the entire experience as well as our wedding day. Special thanks to Tom and Gus for exceeding our expectations! To sum up, we would 100% recommend hosting your event at the Cotillion.

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Dabbah · Married on 04/20/2019

Beautiful Reception

What an amazing event I had at the Cotillion. Working with George everything was seamless for my reception. I had zero stress because it was all taken care of timely and efficiently. They are very on top of every event they organize. The food was amazing. I had several guest compliment us on that and the service level. George pays great attention to detail to ensure everything is perfect on that day. A perfect venue for the intimate reception that we had. Thank you.

Sent on 05/01/2019
    The Cotillion Banquets 22
  • Alex

Alex Reyes · Married on 11/09/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Let me just start off by saying that you WILL NOT regret your decision with The Cotillion. From the décor to the services, everything was absolutely wonderful. George was so attentive to everything we asked for. He doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do and he doesn't care about budgets. He made sure we showed up happy and left even happier. I would recommend Cotillion Banquets to any and every one. Thank you George and Cotillion Banquets for making our dream wedding a reality! XOXO - Josh and Alex Reyes!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect and personal

We really can’t recommend the Cotillion strongly enough. It’s a beautiful venue with great food and excellent, personal service. We had our wedding here just over a week ago and everything was all that we could hope for.
    We wanted to plan and have our wedding quickly and the Cotillion and George were the first place we went to. We checked out other venues, but we knew when we left our meeting with George that the Cotillion was where we wanted our wedding. George makes you feel like a friend or family member from day one and he truly cares about helping you plan and deliver the wedding you want. His enthusiasm is infectious and he takes a lot of the stress of planning away. You’ll wish he didn’t work so hard the day of your wedding so he could just attend as a guest.
    George promised us a number of things when we first met him: the best value for your money, the best food you’ll have at a wedding, the hall set up just the way you want, everything running on time so you and the guests can hit the huge dance floor, and great service all night. George doesn’t just live up to his promises, he exceeds them.
    The hall was set up beautifully. The service was great. The food was served fresh, hot, and quickly and everything tasted fantastic. The dance floor is huge and comfortably held a lot of dancers at once. We didn’t have to worry about a thing all night and focused on having fun with our friends and family. Our guests told us how much they liked the hall and raved about the food and service.
    We could say a lot more about how great everything was at the Cotillion, but to make a long story short: pick the Cotillion for your wedding and let George deliver the exact wedding you want with unmatched personal service.

Sent on 11/04/2018

David · Married on 09/01/2018

Pricing is great, quality of food after our tasting is competitive compared to the “fisherman’s inn”. professional dining. The place is georgious!! And ask for “George” he will treat you like family like he has been doin for us ever since we walked through those doors. Can’t wait for September to come and couldn’t have picked a better place than the Catilion of palatine. Also.....this dance floor is mouth dropping

Sent on 04/10/2018
  • Gary

Gary Thompson · Married on 09/01/2018

5 out of 5 stars.

After searching and looking around after about 3 different venues... let me tell you I was exhausted. So to be greated by George and asked if we had already checked other venues was a breathe of fresh air. He gives you that family feeling and honesty! George takes care of everything and I don’t know how he does it! There are so many different things you have to plan. So I was relevead. Thanks to The Cotillion Banquets and staff I got my perfect wedding with my wife. (As long as she is happy right?) Tom is one of the 2 owners and he always double checks to make sure everything is smooth. The venue is jaw droppingly gorgeous, with white granite dance floors, UNBELIEVABLE crystal chandeliers, high ceilings, a beautiful staircase to enter in. THE food was top notch. No lie I am a picky Italian. My whole family just loved it. The staff that served us were also wonderful and the bartenders ARE so cool!

5 out of 5 stars

The Cotillion Banquets 32
    The Cotillion Banquets 33
  • Metchelle

Metchelle · Married on 08/18/2018

This place is BEAUTIFUL. We went to three different places in June 2017; The Cotillion was the very last visit of the day.
    We were SOLD right when we walked in and met with George.
    He gave us the full run down. The pricing, the day (before we even booked) and food.
    I had a list of questions that he answered before I even asked them. I didn't even have to open my laptop word doc.
    He knew what questions we had in our mind and what we were thinking.
    He has been in business long enough that he know what type of thinking couples do that are newly engaged.
    George was the main reason why we booked. I have never seen someone so passionate about what they do.
    He was very inviting and helpful in every area.
    We had our ceremony and reception in one room and I am SO glad that we did that. I was worried at first, but the day of.. I couldn't stop smiling and happy crying of how beautiful it was.. The whole day was just too good to be true. George checked in when he could, but just wanted to make sure that we were having a great time. We had so many friends and family raving about everything. The venue, the ceremony, the decorations and the food.
    I will ALWAYS recommend this place to anyone and everyone getting married.

Shout out - Thank you again George.
    You made our dream wedding come true.

Sent on 08/27/2018
    The Cotillion Banquets 34
    The Cotillion Banquets 35

Gerard and Analyn · event on 06/15/2018

We highly recommend this place! While venue-hunting for my daughter’s Debut (18th birthday party), the minute we stepped foot through the doors, my daughter said, “This is the place!” We wanted to thank Tom who treated us like family members and warmly accommodated us in his office every time we had an appointment with him. We also want to thank George who is a hardworking and excellent event planner/coordinator who helped us plan my daughter’s event even down to the tiniest details; he made sure everything went as planned, which contributed to the success of the event. We received a lot of compliments from our guests about The Cotillion from the decorations of our room, to the great-tasting food, and the professional services provided. The Cotillion management knows how to treat their customers like family! Thank you again to Tom, George, and the entire team at The Cotillion!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Aruj · Married on 03/31/2018

We shopped around a bit before deciding on The Cotillion as my sister's wedding venue a few months back. The main reason we chose this place, aside from the fact that it's absolute stunning, was George. Plain and simple. If you want a smooth, hassle free experience, look no further than The Cotillion. Trust me. George is a dream to work with. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable about wedding logistics and aesthetics and can back it up with years of great experience, but he's also real pleasure to work with! We had a few hiccups with other venues for the wedding events but not a single issue with The Cotillion. Working with George was an absolute breeze because he handled any and all issues that came up with ease and didn't make us feel anxious the day of. He handled our important day as if it were his personal event and you can't ask for more on your big day. A huge thank you to the entire staff and team at The Cotillion, especially George, for making our event a huge success!!!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Satya · Married on 12/18/2017

The Cotillion Banquets is the best place for any kind of party like wedding, reception or any Indian ceremonies. You can find everything you could ask for and more in any banquet hall. This place has very good ambiance, perfect, absolutely stunning, the table arrangement, amazing, and the staff, so accommodating. We are very happy that we chose this place for our 25th Wedding Anniversary event. George is amazing person, helping from the beginning through the night, making sure we had everything we needed. The owners Tom and Gus and other supporting stop did an excellent service. We strongly recommend The Cotillion to our friends and families for any and all events! We have all positive feelings about this place.

Thank you George, Tom and Gus...

Sent on 01/20/2018
    The Cotillion Banquets 36
    The Cotillion Banquets 37

Mike · Married on 09/01/2017

Our experience with The Cotillion was extraordinary. George Goumas, the wedding coordinator, made the experience exactly what we wanted. George is a genuine guy that follows through on what he says. His experience, intelligence, and preparation made us confident that our day would go as planned. The planning process was easy as we met with George a few times to go over the wedding day.
    The price of the event was far more reasonable than other venues. My wife and I are were able to stay on budget and they never pushed anything on us.
    On our wedding day, the Regal Room within the Cotillion, looked absolutely magnificent. My wife's vision combined with George's experience came together beautifully. Our guests were impressed with the layout of the room. The entire wedding day could not have gone better. Tom, the owner, was more than accommodating. From the waiters to the bar tenders, the entire staff was professional and responsive the whole night. The filet mignon and basil chicken were decadent, and the guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food. I would definitely recommend booking your wedding at the Cotillion!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2016

We did our research on many different venues, My wife and I came across The Cotillion at the exact same time. We immediately contacted George at The Cotillion to set up a meeting so we can come in and take a tour. From the first moment that we stepped into The Cotillion we immediately fell in love. We were welcomed by George. George answered all our questions without any problems, he showed us the rooms and spent countless hours with us to help make our wedding perfect. He helped take the pressure off of my wife and I and made wedding planning that much easier. He helped us find our vendors that we used for our wedding. We couldn't be more grateful for his help. He is so easy to work with, He was very fast at responding to our emails, and letting us come in and talk about details for our wedding. We were originally going to have the wedding in the Tiara room but we got bumped to the bigger room for no extra charge, When it came to the day of the wedding. The service was fantastic,The servers are attentive and more than willing to go out of their way for you. The appetizers and food were great, Everyone was raving about how fantastic the food and appetizers were. George and Tom both checked on us throughout the evening to make sure everything was going smooth and if we needed anything. We are so glad we went with the Cotillion. We couldn't have picked a better wedding venue for our wedding. George and Tom are truly one of a kind and great at what they do. If you are looking to get married then look no further, The Cotillion is everything you are looking for. You will not be disappointed. I know we werent. We got married last Friday and we are still getting compliments on how great the decor inside the cotillion is how well it is decorated, the staff George and Tom and the food.

Sent on 06/11/2016

When you call the Cotillion and hear, "Thank you for calling the Cotillion; this is George. How may I help you please?"... you've struck GOLD! George is the best event planner ever! And he helped make our wedding reception a dream come true!! He went above and beyond the call of duty and made everything super easy and fun! His most popular answer to us was "No Problem"!! BOOK THE COTILLION!!! DON'T EVEN HESITATE!! Honestly, having a vendor with a staff member like George who will take care of you and help you is so important. He helped take the pressure off and make the wedding process so much easier and smoother than it could have been! He never waivered from being awesome from the very first day we met him and signed our contract (see my Sept 15th review on the knot haha) till the day AFTER our wedding when we popped in to pick something up! Truly, George is one of a kind... he's an absolute great guy and a fantastic event planner! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and super clean!!! The food is GREAT and the rest of the staff is awesome! Everyone raved about the food and the beauty of the venue!! Everyone had an awesome time and have complimented us so many times on our wedding! George took such great care of us, and you would be wise to connect with him for your wedding... OR any other party you are planning.. he can help with anything!!! Really, DON'T HESISTATE!! BOOK THE COTILLION!!

Sent on 04/12/2016

Heather · Married on 08/15/2015

The Cotillion Banquets is everything you could ask for and more in a banquet hall. Start with the ambiance, perfect, absolutely stunning, the food, amazing, and the staff, so accommodating. Our wedding is still being talked about and we were married a month ago. George is amazing, helping from the beginning through the night, making sure we had everything we needed. Definitely will plan on coming back, and we suggest the Cotillion to anyone and everyone for any and all events!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Tom and the team are awesome! so accomodating and flexible! Totally love them!

Sent on 08/10/2015

They were SO WONDERFUL to work with!!! They were quick to respond and extremely flexible. Not only that, but our reception was just beautiful. They did an amazing job of making us feel like it was our day. The food was great, the drinks were great, everything was great.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Alyssa · Married on 10/11/2014

Easy to work with, and very accommodating ! They were there for us the entire night of our wedding and assisted us with everything we needed. We had the regal room and everything looked just beautiful. We were extremely happy with the way everything turned out!

Sent on 11/16/2014

Anna · Married on 08/22/2014

We booked with The Cotillion for our 135 person wedding reception in August. Everyone there is amazing from the owner to the serving people. They worked with us to make sure we had the perfect reception. They are very flexible and responsive to emails and phone calls. If we could do our wedding all over again I would defiantly still book with them. We had an issue with another wedding in a different room being extremely loud and they handled it very professionally. I would also say the bridal room in the front room is much better than the bridal room in the back room and I wished we had gotten the nicer bridal room.

Sent on 10/08/2014