The Cotillion Banquets Reviews

The Cotillion Banquets 7
  • Alex

Alex Reyes · Married on 11/09/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Let me just start off by saying that you WILL NOT regret your decision with The Cotillion. From the décor to the services, everything was absolutely wonderful. George was so attentive to everything we asked for. He doesn't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do and he doesn't care about budgets. He made sure we showed up happy and left even happier. I would recommend Cotillion Banquets to any and every one. Thank you George and Cotillion Banquets for making our dream wedding a reality! XOXO - Josh and Alex Reyes!

Lisa · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect and personal

We really can’t recommend the Cotillion strongly enough. It’s a beautiful venue with great food and excellent, personal service. We had our wedding here just over a week ago and everything was all that we could hope for.
    We wanted to plan and have our wedding quickly and the Cotillion and George were the first place we went to. We checked out other venues, but we knew when we left our meeting with George that the Cotillion was where we wanted our wedding. George makes you feel like a friend or family member from day one and he truly cares about helping you plan and deliver the wedding you want. His enthusiasm is infectious and he takes a lot of the stress of planning away. You’ll wish he didn’t work so hard the day of your wedding so he could just attend as a guest.
    George promised us a number of things when we first met him: the best value for your money, the best food you’ll have at a wedding, the hall set up just the way you want, everything running on time so you and the guests can hit the huge dance floor, and great service all night. George doesn’t just live up to his promises, he exceeds them.
    The hall was set up beautifully. The service was great. The food was served fresh, hot, and quickly and everything tasted fantastic. The dance floor is huge and comfortably held a lot of dancers at once. We didn’t have to worry about a thing all night and focused on having fun with our friends and family. Our guests told us how much they liked the hall and raved about the food and service.
    We could say a lot more about how great everything was at the Cotillion, but to make a long story short: pick the Cotillion for your wedding and let George deliver the exact wedding you want with unmatched personal service.

David · Married on 09/01/2018

Pricing is great, quality of food after our tasting is competitive compared to the “fisherman’s inn”. professional dining. The place is georgious!! And ask for “George” he will treat you like family like he has been doin for us ever since we walked through those doors. Can’t wait for September to come and couldn’t have picked a better place than the Catilion of palatine. Also.....this dance floor is mouth dropping

• Gary

Gary Thompson · Married on 09/01/2018

5 out of 5 stars.

After searching and looking around after about 3 different venues... let me tell you I was exhausted. So to be greated by George and asked if we had already checked other venues was a breathe of fresh air. He gives you that family feeling and honesty! George takes care of everything and I don’t know how he does it! There are so many different things you have to plan. So I was relevead. Thanks to The Cotillion Banquets and staff I got my perfect wedding with my wife. (As long as she is happy right?) Tom is one of the 2 owners and he always double checks to make sure everything is smooth. The venue is jaw droppingly gorgeous, with white granite dance floors, UNBELIEVABLE crystal chandeliers, high ceilings, a beautiful staircase to enter in. THE food was top notch. No lie I am a picky Italian. My whole family just loved it. The staff that served us were also wonderful and the bartenders ARE so cool!

5 out of 5 stars

The Cotillion Banquets 17
    The Cotillion Banquets 18
  • Metchelle

Metchelle · Married on 08/18/2018

This place is BEAUTIFUL. We went to three different places in June 2017; The Cotillion was the very last visit of the day.
    We were SOLD right when we walked in and met with George.
    He gave us the full run down. The pricing, the day (before we even booked) and food.
    I had a list of questions that he answered before I even asked them. I didn't even have to open my laptop word doc.
    He knew what questions we had in our mind and what we were thinking.
    He has been in business long enough that he know what type of thinking couples do that are newly engaged.
    George was the main reason why we booked. I have never seen someone so passionate about what they do.
    He was very inviting and helpful in every area.
    We had our ceremony and reception in one room and I am SO glad that we did that. I was worried at first, but the day of.. I couldn't stop smiling and happy crying of how beautiful it was.. The whole day was just too good to be true. George checked in when he could, but just wanted to make sure that we were having a great time. We had so many friends and family raving about everything. The venue, the ceremony, the decorations and the food.
    I will ALWAYS recommend this place to anyone and everyone getting married.

Shout out - Thank you again George.
    You made our dream wedding come true.

The Cotillion Banquets 19
    The Cotillion Banquets 20

Aruj · Married on 03/31/2018

We shopped around a bit before deciding on The Cotillion as my sister's wedding venue a few months back. The main reason we chose this place, aside from the fact that it's absolute stunning, was George. Plain and simple. If you want a smooth, hassle free experience, look no further than The Cotillion. Trust me. George is a dream to work with. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable about wedding logistics and aesthetics and can back it up with years of great experience, but he's also real pleasure to work with! We had a few hiccups with other venues for the wedding events but not a single issue with The Cotillion. Working with George was an absolute breeze because he handled any and all issues that came up with ease and didn't make us feel anxious the day of. He handled our important day as if it were his personal event and you can't ask for more on your big day. A huge thank you to the entire staff and team at The Cotillion, especially George, for making our event a huge success!!!

Satya · Married on 12/18/2017

The Cotillion Banquets is the best place for any kind of party like wedding, reception or any Indian ceremonies. You can find everything you could ask for and more in any banquet hall. This place has very good ambiance, perfect, absolutely stunning, the table arrangement, amazing, and the staff, so accommodating. We are very happy that we chose this place for our 25th Wedding Anniversary event. George is amazing person, helping from the beginning through the night, making sure we had everything we needed. The owners Tom and Gus and other supporting stop did an excellent service. We strongly recommend The Cotillion to our friends and families for any and all events! We have all positive feelings about this place.

Thank you George, Tom and Gus...

The Cotillion Banquets 21
    The Cotillion Banquets 22

Mike · Married on 09/01/2017

Our experience with The Cotillion was extraordinary. George Goumas, the wedding coordinator, made the experience exactly what we wanted. George is a genuine guy that follows through on what he says. His experience, intelligence, and preparation made us confident that our day would go as planned. The planning process was easy as we met with George a few times to go over the wedding day.
    The price of the event was far more reasonable than other venues. My wife and I are were able to stay on budget and they never pushed anything on us.
    On our wedding day, the Regal Room within the Cotillion, looked absolutely magnificent. My wife's vision combined with George's experience came together beautifully. Our guests were impressed with the layout of the room. The entire wedding day could not have gone better. Tom, the owner, was more than accommodating. From the waiters to the bar tenders, the entire staff was professional and responsive the whole night. The filet mignon and basil chicken were decadent, and the guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food. I would definitely recommend booking your wedding at the Cotillion!

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2016

We did our research on many different venues, My wife and I came across The Cotillion at the exact same time. We immediately contacted George at The Cotillion to set up a meeting so we can come in and take a tour. From the first moment that we stepped into The Cotillion we immediately fell in love. We were welcomed by George. George answered all our questions without any problems, he showed us the rooms and spent countless hours with us to help make our wedding perfect. He helped take the pressure off of my wife and I and made wedding planning that much easier. He helped us find our vendors that we used for our wedding. We couldn't be more grateful for his help. He is so easy to work with, He was very fast at responding to our emails, and letting us come in and talk about details for our wedding. We were originally going to have the wedding in the Tiara room but we got bumped to the bigger room for no extra charge, When it came to the day of the wedding. The service was fantastic,The servers are attentive and more than willing to go out of their way for you. The appetizers and food were great, Everyone was raving about how fantastic the food and appetizers were. George and Tom both checked on us throughout the evening to make sure everything was going smooth and if we needed anything. We are so glad we went with the Cotillion. We couldn't have picked a better wedding venue for our wedding. George and Tom are truly one of a kind and great at what they do. If you are looking to get married then look no further, The Cotillion is everything you are looking for. You will not be disappointed. I know we werent. We got married last Friday and we are still getting compliments on how great the decor inside the cotillion is how well it is decorated, the staff George and Tom and the food.

When you call the Cotillion and hear, "Thank you for calling the Cotillion; this is George. How may I help you please?"... you've struck GOLD! George is the best event planner ever! And he helped make our wedding reception a dream come true!! He went above and beyond the call of duty and made everything super easy and fun! His most popular answer to us was "No Problem"!! BOOK THE COTILLION!!! DON'T EVEN HESITATE!! Honestly, having a vendor with a staff member like George who will take care of you and help you is so important. He helped take the pressure off and make the wedding process so much easier and smoother than it could have been! He never waivered from being awesome from the very first day we met him and signed our contract (see my Sept 15th review on the knot haha) till the day AFTER our wedding when we popped in to pick something up! Truly, George is one of a kind... he's an absolute great guy and a fantastic event planner! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and super clean!!! The food is GREAT and the rest of the staff is awesome! Everyone raved about the food and the beauty of the venue!! Everyone had an awesome time and have complimented us so many times on our wedding! George took such great care of us, and you would be wise to connect with him for your wedding... OR any other party you are planning.. he can help with anything!!! Really, DON'T HESISTATE!! BOOK THE COTILLION!!

Heather · Married on 08/15/2015

The Cotillion Banquets is everything you could ask for and more in a banquet hall. Start with the ambiance, perfect, absolutely stunning, the food, amazing, and the staff, so accommodating. Our wedding is still being talked about and we were married a month ago. George is amazing, helping from the beginning through the night, making sure we had everything we needed. Definitely will plan on coming back, and we suggest the Cotillion to anyone and everyone for any and all events!

Tom and the team are awesome! so accomodating and flexible! Totally love them!

They were SO WONDERFUL to work with!!! They were quick to respond and extremely flexible. Not only that, but our reception was just beautiful. They did an amazing job of making us feel like it was our day. The food was great, the drinks were great, everything was great.

Alyssa · Married on 10/11/2014

Easy to work with, and very accommodating ! They were there for us the entire night of our wedding and assisted us with everything we needed. We had the regal room and everything looked just beautiful. We were extremely happy with the way everything turned out!

Anna · Married on 08/22/2014

We booked with The Cotillion for our 135 person wedding reception in August. Everyone there is amazing from the owner to the serving people. They worked with us to make sure we had the perfect reception. They are very flexible and responsive to emails and phone calls. If we could do our wedding all over again I would defiantly still book with them. We had an issue with another wedding in a different room being extremely loud and they handled it very professionally. I would also say the bridal room in the front room is much better than the bridal room in the back room and I wished we had gotten the nicer bridal room.

Tandria · Married on 08/09/2014

I would just like to say that was the best wedding ever. Tom ,George and Elizabeth was awesome from the beginning to ending of the entire process. Omg the food was phenomenal, the broccoli soup i can still taste it with the brown raisin bread. The service was like a 5 star restaurant.Tom & George gave the true meaning of great customer service. Everything was extremely elegant. Hands down The Cotillion is the best place to have a wedding in Illinois. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡The Cotillion

Stephanie · Married on 07/05/2014

Wow! Where to begin? The food, the service, the attention to detail. They do it all! I can't begin to count the number of compliments from the evening. The Cotillion really knows how to throw an event. Tom and George were excellent and listened to exactly what I wanted. I could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Rhiannon · Married on 06/28/2014

George was really helpful in getting our wedding put together. Everything came out great. I would recommend them!

Colleen · Married on 10/04/2013

I had the best wedding ever, thanks to the fantastic service, food, and staff at The Cotillion Banquets. Tom is one of the 2 owners and he is great! So easy to work with, down to earth and fun! First of all the place is gorgeous, white dance floors, crystal chandeliers, high ceilings, a beautiful staircase to enter in. Second, the food! Anyone, I told I was having the reception at the cotillion that had been there, the first thing people say is, " oh the food is great there!" That says something right away! And, after the wedding, that was my biggest compliment (after how great I looked, of course :) was that the food was exceptional! The staff that served us were also wonderful. I do not remember the name of the women, but she was the bridal parties personal server. She brought us a tray of appetizers during cocktail hour up to the bridal sweet, champagne and refilled our drinks at the head table all through out dinner. She was very friendly and on top of things. Great bartenders, wonderful atmosphere. there were no restrictions at the hall. Tom basically says anything you want goes! Wonderful people to work with, one of my friends at the wedding already booked their wedding here for next year!

Nicole · Married on 07/27/2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Cotillion and we wouldn't have traded it for the world. Tom did everything in his power to ensure that our day was perfect. By the time we got to the reception, the room that I had seen during walk-thru's was completely transformed into a room that looked absolutely perfect. The service was absolutely wonderful and the people there truly make you feel like family. I would recommend the Cotillion to anyone looking for wonderful service at a great price!

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2013

They were fantastic! They worked with us on our guest count, our meal and were very attentive to our needs. We had a lot of last minute cancellations and they were A++ on helping us with a solution for our missing guest. They have the best food! The staff was polite and the manager were top notch with anything we needed that night. I would definitely use them again in the future for another event.

Nital · Married on 05/25/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Dimitri and the Cotillion Banquets staff! I had my wedding there Memorial Day weekend 2013, and am blown away at how much of a calming force Dimitri has during the planning process. He was very flexible with us the entire time we were planning for the wedding and did his best to work with us on our needs. I would highly recommend this venue over the others we looked at in Chicago. I originally wanted something downtown but quickly realized the price tag for the venues versus value didn't quite add up. Cotillion looks gorgeous, is reasonably priced, and is quick to get to-- all things we were looking for in our venue. The bathrooms are clean, the bridal suites are comfortable, and the layout requires very little added decor since it is already beautiful.

Overall, thank you to Dimitri and his group for an outstanding wedding day!!! I'll try to post some wedding photos of the venue as I get them. Do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment with them-- piece of advice, try to meet with them during the week when they aren't busy setting up for a wedding. I assume the last rater had a negative experience since they went on a Sunday during the holiday weekend.

Tom was very professional about us having our wedding there. From the beginning, There was no pressure on booking it now and getting this discount and that. He gave us best price, compare to others for amount of decor that was included. We did family style dinner and it went without any issue and charge us 50% less than what other venue were charging us. I tell everyone to look at this banquet and ask for Tom.

Anamaria · Married on 06/24/2012

Elegant and classy, everything I dreamed of...

Having our wedding venue at The Cotillion was the best choice we've made. We booked the venue six months before our wedding and everything was ready to go by our big day. Since it was a Sunday wedding we originally booked the Tiara Room having about 100 guests, but about a week before the wedding day Dimitri told us we can have the Crown Room since nobody else booked that day for the same price! The room was much bigger and also had a staircase that lead to a huge bridal Suite. We used this staircase to walk down as a married couple. The room was very classy and elegant; we didn't have to use any extra lighting or backdrops since it is so beautiful in itself.
    Dimitri Fanellis was very easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the business, he helped us decide with a few things we weren't certain about. The staff was very prompt and professional. The food was outstanding; our guests still rave about it. I would not change anything about our venue!

Jacqueline · Married on 06/15/2012

The Cotillion was the perfect place for our wedding, and everyone working there was always so nice and so helpful. The price was just right for everything and the food was amazing! The cake is from The Baking Institute and that came out perfectly as well. It was exactly how we wanted it to look and taste! Both places were absolutely amazing and extremely helpful!