48 Reviews for The Cotillion Banquets

Server(s) (1)
Tastings (1)
Cash Bar (1)
48 The Cotillion Banquets Reviews

The Cotillion Banquets is the best place for any kind of party like wedding, reception or any Indian ceremonies. You can find everything you could ask for and more in any banquet hall. This place has very good ambiance, perfect, absolutely stunning, the table arrangement, amazing, and the staff, so accommodating. We are very happy that we chose this place for our 25th Wedding Anniversary event. George is amazing person, helping from the beginning through the night, making sure we had everything we needed. The owners Tom and Gus and other supporting stop did an excellent service. We strongly recommend The Cotillion to our friends and families for any and all events! We have all positive feelings about this place.

Thank you George, Tom and Gus...

Photo for The Cotillion Banquets Review - Add a comment...
Photo for The Cotillion Banquets Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Satya, 12/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake

Our experience with The Cotillion was extraordinary. George Goumas, the wedding coordinator, made the experience exactly what we wanted. George is a genuine guy that follows through on what he says. His experience, intelligence, and preparation made us confident that our day would go as planned. The planning process was easy as we met with George a few times to go over the wedding day.
The price of the event was far more reasonable than other venues. My wife and I are were able to stay on budget and they never pushed anything on us.
On our wedding day, the Regal Room within the Cotillion, looked absolutely magnificent. My wife's vision combined with George's experience came together beautifully. Our guests were impressed with the layout of the room. The entire wedding day could not have gone better. Tom, the owner, was more than accommodating. From the waiters to the bar tenders, the entire staff was professional and responsive the whole night. The filet mignon and basil chicken were decadent, and the guests commented on how much they enjoyed the food. I would definitely recommend booking your wedding at the Cotillion!

Profile Picture Mike, 9/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Indoor

We did our research on many different venues, My wife and I came across The Cotillion at the exact same time. We immediately contacted George at The Cotillion to set up a meeting so we can come in and take a tour. From the first moment that we stepped into The Cotillion we immediately fell in love. We were welcomed by George. George answered all our questions without any problems, he showed us the rooms and spent countless hours with us to help make our wedding perfect. He helped take the pressure off of my wife and I and made wedding planning that much easier. He helped us find our vendors that we used for our wedding. We couldn't be more grateful for his help. He is so easy to work with, He was very fast at responding to our emails, and letting us come in and talk about details for our wedding. We were originally going to have the wedding in the Tiara room but we got bumped to the bigger room for no extra charge, When it came to the day of the wedding. The service was fantastic,The servers are attentive and more than willing to go out of their way for you. The appetizers and food were great, Everyone was raving about how fantastic the food and appetizers were. George and Tom both checked on us throughout the evening to make sure everything was going smooth and if we needed anything. We are so glad we went with the Cotillion. We couldn't have picked a better wedding venue for our wedding. George and Tom are truly one of a kind and great at what they do. If you are looking to get married then look no further, The Cotillion is everything you are looking for. You will not be disappointed. I know we werent. We got married last Friday and we are still getting compliments on how great the decor inside the cotillion is how well it is decorated, the staff George and Tom and the food.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access

When you call the Cotillion and hear, "Thank you for calling the Cotillion; this is George. How may I help you please?"... you've struck GOLD! George is the best event planner ever! And he helped make our wedding reception a dream come true!! He went above and beyond the call of duty and made everything super easy and fun! His most popular answer to us was "No Problem"!! BOOK THE COTILLION!!! DON'T EVEN HESITATE!! Honestly, having a vendor with a staff member like George who will take care of you and help you is so important. He helped take the pressure off and make the wedding process so much easier and smoother than it could have been! He never waivered from being awesome from the very first day we met him and signed our contract (see my Sept 15th review on the knot haha) till the day AFTER our wedding when we popped in to pick something up! Truly, George is one of a kind... he's an absolute great guy and a fantastic event planner! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and super clean!!! The food is GREAT and the rest of the staff is awesome! Everyone raved about the food and the beauty of the venue!! Everyone had an awesome time and have complimented us so many times on our wedding! George took such great care of us, and you would be wise to connect with him for your wedding... OR any other party you are planning.. he can help with anything!!! Really, DON'T HESISTATE!! BOOK THE COTILLION!!

Profile Picture User6588423, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

The Cotillion Banquets is everything you could ask for and more in a banquet hall. Start with the ambiance, perfect, absolutely stunning, the food, amazing, and the staff, so accommodating. Our wedding is still being talked about and we were married a month ago. George is amazing, helping from the beginning through the night, making sure we had everything we needed. Definitely will plan on coming back, and we suggest the Cotillion to anyone and everyone for any and all events!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tom and the team are awesome! so accomodating and flexible! Totally love them!

Profile Picture User4575320, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were SO WONDERFUL to work with!!! They were quick to respond and extremely flexible. Not only that, but our reception was just beautiful. They did an amazing job of making us feel like it was our day. The food was great, the drinks were great, everything was great.

Profile Picture User4544992, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Easy to work with, and very accommodating ! They were there for us the entire night of our wedding and assisted us with everything we needed. We had the regal room and everything looked just beautiful. We were extremely happy with the way everything turned out!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We booked with The Cotillion for our 135 person wedding reception in August. Everyone there is amazing from the owner to the serving people. They worked with us to make sure we had the perfect reception. They are very flexible and responsive to emails and phone calls. If we could do our wedding all over again I would defiantly still book with them. We had an issue with another wedding in a different room being extremely loud and they handled it very professionally. I would also say the bridal room in the front room is much better than the bridal room in the back room and I wished we had gotten the nicer bridal room.

Profile Picture Anna, 8/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would just like to say that was the best wedding ever. Tom ,George and Elizabeth was awesome from the beginning to ending of the entire process. Omg the food was phenomenal, the broccoli soup i can still taste it with the brown raisin bread. The service was like a 5 star restaurant.Tom & George gave the true meaning of great customer service. Everything was extremely elegant. Hands down The Cotillion is the best place to have a wedding in Illinois. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡The Cotillion

Profile Picture Tandria, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! Where to begin? The food, the service, the attention to detail. They do it all! I can't begin to count the number of compliments from the evening. The Cotillion really knows how to throw an event. Tom and George were excellent and listened to exactly what I wanted. I could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

George was really helpful in getting our wedding put together. Everything came out great. I would recommend them!

Profile Picture Rhiannon, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the best wedding ever, thanks to the fantastic service, food, and staff at The Cotillion Banquets. Tom is one of the 2 owners and he is great! So easy to work with, down to earth and fun! First of all the place is gorgeous, white dance floors, crystal chandeliers, high ceilings, a beautiful staircase to enter in. Second, the food! Anyone, I told I was having the reception at the cotillion that had been there, the first thing people say is, " oh the food is great there!" That says something right away! And, after the wedding, that was my biggest compliment (after how great I looked, of course :) was that the food was exceptional! The staff that served us were also wonderful. I do not remember the name of the women, but she was the bridal parties personal server. She brought us a tray of appetizers during cocktail hour up to the bridal sweet, champagne and refilled our drinks at the head table all through out dinner. She was very friendly and on top of things. Great bartenders, wonderful atmosphere. there were no restrictions at the hall. Tom basically says anything you want goes! Wonderful people to work with, one of my friends at the wedding already booked their wedding here for next year!

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/4/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the Cotillion and we wouldn't have traded it for the world. Tom did everything in his power to ensure that our day was perfect. By the time we got to the reception, the room that I had seen during walk-thru's was completely transformed into a room that looked absolutely perfect. The service was absolutely wonderful and the people there truly make you feel like family. I would recommend the Cotillion to anyone looking for wonderful service at a great price!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/27/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were fantastic! They worked with us on our guest count, our meal and were very attentive to our needs. We had a lot of last minute cancellations and they were A++ on helping us with a solution for our missing guest. They have the best food! The staff was polite and the manager were top notch with anything we needed that night. I would definitely use them again in the future for another event.

Profile Picture Samantha , 7/13/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough great things about Dimitri and the Cotillion Banquets staff! I had my wedding there Memorial Day weekend 2013, and am blown away at how much of a calming force Dimitri has during the planning process. He was very flexible with us the entire time we were planning for the wedding and did his best to work with us on our needs. I would highly recommend this venue over the others we looked at in Chicago. I originally wanted something downtown but quickly realized the price tag for the venues versus value didn't quite add up. Cotillion looks gorgeous, is reasonably priced, and is quick to get to-- all things we were looking for in our venue. The bathrooms are clean, the bridal suites are comfortable, and the layout requires very little added decor since it is already beautiful.

Overall, thank you to Dimitri and his group for an outstanding wedding day!!! I'll try to post some wedding photos of the venue as I get them. Do yourself a favor and schedule an appointment with them-- piece of advice, try to meet with them during the week when they aren't busy setting up for a wedding. I assume the last rater had a negative experience since they went on a Sunday during the holiday weekend.

Profile Picture Nital, 5/25/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tom was very professional about us having our wedding there. From the beginning, There was no pressure on booking it now and getting this discount and that. He gave us best price, compare to others for amount of decor that was included. We did family style dinner and it went without any issue and charge us 50% less than what other venue were charging us. I tell everyone to look at this banquet and ask for Tom.

Profile Picture User4804896, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Elegant and classy, everything I dreamed of...

Having our wedding venue at The Cotillion was the best choice we've made. We booked the venue six months before our wedding and everything was ready to go by our big day. Since it was a Sunday wedding we originally booked the Tiara Room having about 100 guests, but about a week before the wedding day Dimitri told us we can have the Crown Room since nobody else booked that day for the same price! The room was much bigger and also had a staircase that lead to a huge bridal Suite. We used this staircase to walk down as a married couple. The room was very classy and elegant; we didn't have to use any extra lighting or backdrops since it is so beautiful in itself.
Dimitri Fanellis was very easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the business, he helped us decide with a few things we weren't certain about. The staff was very prompt and professional. The food was outstanding; our guests still rave about it. I would not change anything about our venue!

Profile Picture Anamaria, 6/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Cotillion was the perfect place for our wedding, and everyone working there was always so nice and so helpful. The price was just right for everything and the food was amazing! The cake is from The Baking Institute and that came out perfectly as well. It was exactly how we wanted it to look and taste! Both places were absolutely amazing and extremely helpful!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 6/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Having our wedding at the Cotillion was the best choice we made. They have the most elegant location for a classy, evening wedding & rehearsal. The ambiance, the staff, the food, and the professionalism which things were done was very impressive. Having our ceremony and rehearsal in one location initially made us nervous, but Cotillion did a phenomenal job in executing everything as they said they would and as we had requested. FIVE STAR SERVICE!

Many thanks to Christie and Demitri!!!

-Ben

Profile Picture Ben, 10/22/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Cotillion provided a wonderful venue for our reception. The service was fantastic from the moment we first stepped in the door to do some research. In fact, our first impression sold us and we decided to sign a contract immediately! One of the things we liked right away was the beautiful facility. It's well maintained and looks brand new. Another thing we liked was that we were given a free tasting, which is not all that common in our experience. The day of our wedding could not have been better. The staff was outstanding and attentive to our every need. They provided us with excellent service and our meal was delicious. In fact, one of our guests, who is quite particular about food and service, commented that The Cotillion served the best food she has ever had at a reception. That is a big compliment coming from her! Overall exceptional!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dimitri, Tom and their team are true professionals. They went above and beyond to make sure our day was exactly what we wanted. The food is amazing, everyone kept commenting on how good the food was and how much of it there was! The room was gorgeous and executed to my vision perfectly. They were willing to work with us when we changed dates to a year later, helped us figure out the room configuration with our numbers and worked with us on the minimum for the room. Overall, I'm so happy we went with The Cotillion!!

Profile Picture Brooke, 7/9/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Who would have thought that I would have my wedding reception at the same place I had my high school prom? The Cotillion is absolutely beautiful and everyone was so easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process. The staff is flexible, organized, and cares about what the clients want. They were a pleasure to work with and we are more than satisfied with the customer service of this venue. We highly recommend them to others who are looking for an affordable, yet elegant place to hold an event!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/30/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great place for indor wedding. Our guests liked the food and we loved every other aspect of this place.

Profile Picture AGA, 2/26/11, 3 Reviews