The Cordelle Reviews

• Christine

Christine U. · Married on 03/14/2020

2.0

March 2020 wedding

I fell in love with the Cordelle the first time I saw photos of it. It definitely has a very unique vibe and the historic aspect is beautiful. The Loft was amazing and roomy for my bridal party to get ready in. Unfortunately there is no where for the guys to hang out once they arrive, luckily they arrived not long before the ceremony was set to begin. For the most part the night ran very smoothly, except towards the end, our time was set to end with guests leaving at 10pm, at nearly 8:15pm, My bridesmaids and I were asked to start heading up and cleaning up anything We had left in there. I felt this was odd considering it took up time from the reception, and was extremely awkward carrying bags out in the middle of the reception. I was constantly being told what time it was and even though my timeline was guests leave at 10pm, the lights came on at 9:40pm & all remaining guests were rudely told to exit the building (in the cold and rain).. 20 minutes before my time was up. I wish I would have paid the $300 for an additional hour rather than it come to a very cold, abrupt end :(

Sent on 03/18/2020

Nicole · Married on 10/28/2017

3.5

First of all, let me say that The Cordelle is a beautiful venue. We wanted something that had an outdoor element but was not a barn...and something that wasn't 45 minutes away. The Cordelle has both of those things. But, The Cordelle has a monopoly in this area--there are no other venues remotely close to the city that have an adjacent outdoor area and for that reason we booked quickly. We did get the feel/vibe we wanted for our wedding, and for that I am thankful.

As we began planning we came across a few downsides. First, the $6,000 you pay for an empty space is one thing, but the additional add-ons necessary to make the venue fitting for an event are disappointing. You have to pay $225 extra for them to simply roll down already installed plastic liner patio sides if weather dictates, $200 for lights on the patio, and $225 for simple uplighting inside. The heaters for the patio are $375. All of these items the venue already owns, they are not rentals. To me, it seems like these items coming with the venue price is reasonable.

Secondly, we were denied a rehearsal the night before because it was booked for another event, and when I asked about a rehearsal on Thursday night, I was told that the Friday event got preference, even though they booked months after us. This seemed unfair, and the venue reps were rude and insensitive to the fact that this complicated our plans. Lastly, we were given two tech walk throughs, and after our first, were very curtly asked that they be kept to an hour, which we had honored the first time. I was flying in from Colorado for these and it was extremely off-putting that after denying us a rehearsal, I got passive aggressive complaints about being in the space for no longer than my allotted hour.

The owners were kind and refunded us for the patio heaters when they didn’t work the day of. This is a beautiful venue no doubt, but I believe it is overpriced and the quality of service we received throughout the process was lacking.

Sent on 11/09/2017

The Cordelle's reply:

Hi Nicole,
    Thank you for booking the Cordelle. Your business and feedback are greatly appreciated as we continue to grow and learn from each client experience. I am glad to hear that you felt our location had the perks you desired in your choice for a wedding venue. We feel our downtown location, private outdoor space, open vendor policy, free parking for 150 guests and client provided beverage package make us the most cost effective space in the downtown landscape. Our apologies on the issues with the heaters and glad you quickly received your refund! The “EXTRAS" you mentioned as additional costs are considered "add ons". These services are available so clients don’t have to go to off-site vendors for these smaller rental items. The “EXTRAS" do require a rental fee which is stated on the website and that cost covers labor, maintenance, wear and tear, and replacement costs. At the CORDELLE we do our best to run a transparent, client appreciating, fair venue and deeply apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. Thanks again for the feedback and we wish you all the best! -the CORDELLE

Julia · Married on 01/07/2017

2.8
      3.5

The Cordelle was a great venue because of the amazing space however, the response time for emails was very slow and it was definitely over priced for what you get. They requested that I move my rehearsal time because it snowed a tiny bit which was a huge inconvenience for my guests and myself. They also pushed my guests out the door into the cold (my wedding was in January) because we were a few minutes late to get out. Their rules were very strict and I honestly didn't appreciate the way they treated my guests.

Sent on 07/03/2017

The Cordelle's reply:

Hi Julia,
    Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate your honesty. As a locally owned small business we are always trying to improve on our client experience. In the colder months weather can be an issue and we are always trying to make the best decision for guest safety, we apologize if this was an inconvenience and at the time weren't made aware that this was an issue. In our research when price comparing our venue with others in downtown Nashville our Open Vendor policy and included amenities make us one of the most cost effective. As the owners of The Cordelle still oversee all aspects, we would have loved to have received this feedback before your event as we feel we could have worked to rectify some of these issues. Thank you again for your honest feedback. Best, The Cordelle