The Copper Collective San Diego Reviews

The Copper Collective San Diego 5
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 12/29/2018

Incredible Wedding Photographer!

Working with France Photography for our wedding was such an amazing experience and the photos we have are phenomenal!
    We met with Jessica Van to discuss our wedding vision and what we hoped a photographer would capture of us as a couple. After that meeting we knew instantly Jessica was the perfect fit for us! Jessica has such a great personality and we could tell she absolutely loves what she does and has a passion for showing her couple's stories through her photos.
    We filled out a pre-wedding questionnaire which was such a great idea. We were able to go into our day knowing that every moment and detail we wanted captured actually would be!
    On the day of the wedding, Jessica made us so comfortable and let us be our lovey selves while setting up the most incredible moments and backdrops. And I am telling you- THE PHOTOS ARE OUTSTANDING! Not only did they capture our personality, but all our friends and family too!
    We have nothing but great things to say about France Photography and Jessica Van and are so happy they were a part of our day!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Kim · Married on 06/09/2017

Sara takes AMAZING pictures. She shot our engagement pics and our wedding and we couldn't be happier. She and her team are a true joy to work with and have quite the eye. I was told repeatedly that our photographer was the best ever...and that's saying something since we're not that pretty ;-) (hahaha). I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend Sara France and her partners any time you need some awesome photos!

Sent on 06/30/2017
  • Korie

Korie · Married on 09/03/2016

As a wedding planner in San Diego for the past 12 years, I have always enjoyed the calmness and comfort that Sara France provided my clients when taking their photos on their wedding day. So when Rich Younger my husband popped the question, there was no other photographer that I could see us saying "I do" in front of then France Photographers. My now husband is not super excited about having his photo taken in general and Sara made him feel at ease from the start.

My husband and I were married at Estancia on January 27, 2018 and from the moment I booked Sara France and the France Photography "dream team" (we had three photographers b/c well I just had to make sure that every detail was captured) I was amazed that being on the client side of the coin was as amazing as being on the colleague side.

Each of the France girls are unique and exquisite. Their attention to detail and the calm sense in their demeanor is something that deserves high praise. They are there to guide you, inform you, treat you like a VIP and simply listen to the needs and wants and vision of their clients.

My wedding day at Estancia was everything that I have ever dreamed of and I see a lot of weddings there but they have the talent to make each wedding shot at every location look different and special from the last.

I am so proud to have had these women capture my day and I look forward to referring my brides to them in the future.

Korie Younger

The Copper Collective San Diego 15
    Sent on 05/02/2018
  • Deborah

Deborah · Married on 08/10/2014

When my first photographer canceled 50 days out from our wedding, we had to scramble to find someone. What we thought was a huge issue turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We were so happy with the service we received from France Photographers, particularly Rachel Jay and Jessica Van. We were lucky enough to get both of them. They were fun, professional, and worked well together. We couldn't be happier with the quality and quantity of our wedding photographs. Feedback from one of the guests was "Whatever you paid those pricey photographers, it was worth every penny. They nailed everything!" I would highly recommend this group of professional photographers to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Jennifer · Married on 04/26/2014

Sara France, Jessica Van and Rachel Jay were nothing but fun yet professional and made the whole photography experience at our wedding enjoyable. Jennifer and I felt very loved and taken care of. We also found great joy in telling our guests who we had as photographers and that we trusted them to do their thing. We were truly able to enjoy our wedding day because of their talent, skills and confidence! I would definitely book them for your Engagement and Wedding Photography. They are worth the money!!!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Nina · Married on 09/01/2013

Sara and her team were an absolute dream to work with from start to finish. From the first meeting she was really excited to shoot our wedding and on the day of our wedding made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful. More importantly she took the most amazing photos! She had a few photos ready for guests to see at the reception and everyone was raving about how wonderful they were. She is fantastic!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Ashley · Married on 08/03/2013

I met Sara France when she was shooting my best friends wedding 5 years ago, after that day I always knew when it would be my time to get married she would be shooting my wedding too because she and her team are simply the BEST. Sara and her team shot our engagement, boudoir (which was my wedding gift to my husband), rehearsal dinner, and wedding. A couple of things that I think makes Sara stand out as a photographer is how comfortable she makes you feel and how she will direct you into the best positions to get the best shots. Believe me they are not always the most comfortable but the image after is soo worth it! When I was putting together my wedding dream team the thing that was most important to me was that I would be able to trust everyone with all the events and that my best day ever would be captured perfectly.. and Sara and her team did just that =).

Sent on 01/18/2014

Noah · Married on 03/03/2013

This is a copy of a review that I posted on Yelp, but it applies here too:

Hiring Sara to photograph our wedding was probably one of the best decisions that we made about our big day. Future Yelping brides and grooms, if you are looking for a photographer, look no further, she's the best.

Just a little background about our experience with Sara. We actually met her about 9 months before our wedding, and we loved her. We had just started looking at photographers, and we didn't know what the going rate was, so we got a card and kept looking. We found a husband and wife photographer for less money and booked them, however we soon realize that you get what you pay for.

Long story short, we asked Sara if she was still available on our wedding day, and lucky for us she was, so we booked her and fired our original photographer. Did I already say this was the best decision that we could have made???

Sara and Jessica (her studio manager), were such a pleasure to deal with. My wife and I were pretty clueless regarding poses, lighting, and other technical photography stuff, so we told them to take charge, pose us, and make us look good. Everybody in our wedding party told us how awesome they were to work with.

We just got our pictures back this week, and wow...they far exceeded our expectations. We cannot thank Sara and Jessica enough for their excellent work.

Yelpers, please learn from our experience, and take the time to research your photographer, and when you do you will realize that Sara is the best. Don't cheap out on these pictures, they will be with you for a lifetime.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Megan · Married on 12/15/2012

Where to start?!
    I work with many long-time photography experts, and when I asked around for a great wedding photographer recommendation, only one name came back from my VERY discerning colleagues - Sara France. After looking her up online, I saw that she had exactly the kind of style I was looking for: non-traditional, classic, creative and romantic.
    From the first meeting, Sara made me feel like she was one of my long-time girlfriends - able to put myself and my then fiancé at immediate ease. We took all of 5 minutes after our meeting to decide to go with Sara! She was willing to work with us on her packages, and was a breeze to schedule time with.
    She really is the pro you're looking for when planning this most important day: prompt, highly responsive, has a great team that handles back office questions or issues with your photo website, patient, and best of all, she really puts a personal touch on your photos.
    I don't know if any other photographers in this business would take the time to get to know you as a couple quite like Sara does to ensure that the photos will really reflect your personalities, not look like generic cookie-cutter wedding photos. She also is quick to get previews/highlights up online so you’re not waiting forever to see the results!
    I think with as much time as you spend with your wedding photographer on the day itself and during the engagement photos, you really need to have someone you feel comfortable with, and whose personality you really like – oh, and who can wrangle any crazy family or wedding party together and make great photos! You couldn’t go wrong with Sara on all these counts.
    My husband and I both agree that whatever our photography needs are, we’re calling Sara. We would and have already recommended her to anyone who needs an amazing photographer for their wedding day.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Shanel · Married on 08/04/2012

Choose Sara France - she is amazing. She and her assistants are a very talented photographers. Sara works so well with the crowd. She got all the shoots we were looking for and even stayed late to cover our cake pictures when our wedding timeline was running incredibly late.

Her office is well run and professional. We always knew what was happening in our photography process from engagement photos to when to expect out final photos.

My husband and I have great memories from our wedding day and beautiful, artsy, unique, and just flat out great pictures to go along with our memories. We are sooo happy we went with her. You won't be sorry.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Andrew · Married on 05/26/2012

Sara and her team were excellent. We used them for our engagement and wedding photos and they were awesome. They were always friendly, fun, and professional. She helped us get the shots we wanted and was always on time and helpful. We looked at various photographers in the Southern California area and Sara was a great match. We love our photos and she has been very attentive from our first email all the way through post-wedding edits and making our custom album. The custom DVDs, online gallery, and pretty much everything was great. We would recommend using Sara to anyone getting engaged or married. We can't thank her enough.

Sent on 10/01/2012
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 10/02/2010

Sara is simply professional, knowledgable and an amazing photographer. Her patience is noteworthy and so is her work. Her creative vision is a must for your wedding, your engagement photos, your family pics, whatever you need her for. I promise your pictures will be unique and stunning. We are thrilled! Her payment plans make it easy to budget for your wedding or other occasion.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Kendra · Married on 11/15/2009

Sara was awesome and we have an amazing selection of photos from my big day! Sara followed us around for hours before the wedding, in the snow, to capture the perfect pictures! She was very easy to work with and created some really awesome pictures. I loved how she created some very modern looks with an intimate touch! We loved Sara and she comes highly recommended!

Sent on 12/22/2009

Claire · Married on 10/13/2012

My husband and I are shy when it comes to having our pictures taken. When we were looking for wedding photographers, it was important that the photographer we chose had an outgoing personaility that would make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Sara did just that. She made us feel totally relaxed during our engagement session and at our wedding. She also really listened to what we wanted. I told her that I wanted a few traditional shots and a few super artsy shots and she definitely delivered. We LOVE our engagement photos and the few wedding pictures we've seen so far are amazing.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Jeremiah · Married on 06/30/2018

With Sara France, you're not getting traditional wedding photos, you're getting works of art. I've seen a lot of other couple's photos, and while they're nice, I wouldn't want them hanging up in my house. But the photos we got from Sara are stunning. I can't wait to get them framed and hung up. More than just taking great photos, they're great people to work with. My family is far from easy to work with, but she got everyone "in line" and in a hurry to take great photos and keep everyone in a good mood. She also worked with us to make sure she was capturing the photos we wanted, not just what she thought we should do.

The Copper Collective San Diego 16
    The Copper Collective San Diego 17
    Sent on 08/06/2018

Vanessa · Married on 09/10/2016

Sara is amazing! We did our engagement shoot with her and hired her for our wedding in September as well. She has a great personality and is really good at making people feel comfortable in front of a camera. The engagement shoot was also a lot more fun then I expected (I was a little apprehensive going into it as I am generally awkward with pictures)! She had a good balance between directing us and taking pictures while we were doing our own thing, and the results are lovely. We just sent out our save the dates, which feature five of her pictures because we couldn't pick between them! And, they seem to tell a story all together, which is amazing and we didn't really realize it as we were taking them. We have gotten so many compliments already!
    The only reason we gave a tiny bump on the professionalism / value front is that she was 1/2 hour late; to be fair, she was pretty sick and still showed up and did a great job, even though it was freezing. Unfortunately, because we were doing two locations that we had to drive between, it made a big difference in getting sunset pictures at the beach (although we still got some great ones -- a testament to her skills! -- it was just in 15-20 minutes so we didn't have time to use props). As I am marrying an economist, we would've loved some type of discount for this, but none was offered (although, as we already had a discount through our event planner before starting, this makes some sense). The lateness seemed like an anomaly for her; she was very apologetic and her work turned out great either way.
    We are definitely still using her for the wedding, because she is an AMAZING photographer and really friendly, responsive and easy to work with. We also got our engagement pictures back in record time! Like, maybe a week for highlights and two for the rest. Overall, a great experience and so far everything has turned out beautifully! We'd definitely recommend her and we are really looking forward to her shooting our wedding!!!

Sent on 02/10/2016

Chelsea · Married on 10/22/2011

Sara France absolutely is the best your can get for your wedding photography. Not only is she talented behind the lens, she has everything it takes to get your bridal party to cooperate and get through photos quickly and efficiently.
    Sara will make you feel beautiful. You won't have to worry about getting the best shots, because she makes everything absolutely effortless!
    Sara is very popular, and thus very busy. Plan ahead! Make sure that when you get her on the phone, you have all of your questions lined up and ready to go. She knows exactly what she's doing, so follow any advice she gives and I promise your wedding will be fun and full of fantastic memories.
    Sara is simply the best choice available for San Diego wedding photography, and she's worth every penny.

Sent on 11/08/2011