The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds Reviews

The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Calabrese · Married on 04/07/2019

Awesome venue

Our coordinators, Danielle, alida, and Melissa, were so amazing. Danielle was with us every step of the way, and when she moved on two a new job, Melissa and alida were the best ever. Alida did our rehearsal and she was amazing, Melissa coordinated our day and she went above and beyond to make our day amazing. She was attentive and thorough. Beautiful building and new grounds.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Laura · Married on 11/23/2018

Beautiful space and wonderful staff!

The Conservatory was truly the ideal location for our wedding. With 100 guests we felt comfortable in the room and it had the rustic feel we wanted for our day. We worked with Danielle at the venue from the beginning and she was always so professional and truly cared about our event. We highly recommend booking your next event here!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Salwa · Married on 11/01/2018

Beautiful & unique venue

My husband and I had our wedding at The Conservatory on November 1, 2018. The moment we did our site tour we knew this venue was the one. We did not want a typical ballroom and The Conservatory met all our needs. It was a beautiful day (67 degrees) and everything was beyond perfect. The staff is beyond helpful and responsive not to mention the venue is affordable. Our guest could not stop ranting and raving about how beautiful the grounds were. You have everything you need at this facility. My girls and I got ready in the bridal suite and there was plenty of room for us. Danielle & Alida are a dream to work with and really make sure everything goes according to plan. We were able to set up the day before which made the day of so easy and smooth sailing. Look no further The Conservatory is the perfect venue and is the total package. We wish we could relive the night over and over again.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful, Cozy, Perfect

We loved working with Danielle and all the folks at the Conservatory! We had a million questions and they always replied promptly and were incredibly helpful as we navigated the wedding prep waters. :) The actual wedding was just perfect, (even with our surprise nor'easter!), and many of our friends and family commented on how unique and special the venue was. We love it there and would 100% recommend it. Thank you, Conservatory team!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/26/2018

Beautiful and affordable wedding venue

We had a great experience with the Conservatory. First of all, they are very affordable. They work with a selection of delicious caterers, which made choosing food very easy. And all of the staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. They were able to move our ceremony inside at the last minute because the weather was too cold, but everything still looked beautiful. And they packed everything back up at the end of the night for us to pick up in the morning. They were even able to reuse some of our decorations that we no longer wanted, so we didn't feel so wasteful! Overall, an excellent experience.

Sent on 11/02/2018
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 8
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2018

Above and Beyond, Start to Finish

When we did our initial site tour of The Conservatory, we knew right away that this was our perfect venue. Other sites toured after just paled in comparison. With beautiful gardens and tons of rustic charm, it was the right fit for us. Beyond aesthetics, though, working with The Conservatory was a pleasure. Danielle was responsive and insightful, and she helped us with every little detail. Every question I had, she answered. The day of our wedding, she made sure every detail was perfect. I had several guests tell me they wish they knew about The Conservatory when they were getting married. I think that's the ultimate compliment to a venue.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Juliette · Married on 10/06/2018

We got married 10/07/18 at the conservatory and we absolutely made the right choice. Their grounds are beautiful and the conservatory itself is breathtaking - all of our guests complimented us on making the right choice. We had the pleasure of working with Danielle leading up the event, and Alida on our wedding day. They are both extraordinarily helpful. Danielle helped organize everything and made sure each of the vendors were in aggreement. Alida all day long made sure I was happy with how the day was going, running around doing anything and everything that needed to be done. We are so grateful that we chose this spot to celebrate our most special day.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Zulemy

Zulemy · Married on 08/30/2018

Best Decision Ever

I literally have no complaints about this place! Danielle is absolutely incredible! Super responsive, great ideas, and answered every single one of my questions. She even gave me florist suggestions when the one we put a deposit with backed out! Most importantly, we felt very comfortable here during the whole process.

We visited several times during the year, final walk through made me right at ease, and we were even able to drop things two days early.

Our day of point person, Alida, was also fantastic. These guys are all rockstars, running an amazing operation.

After our wedding, they kept everything in the greenhouse and we picked it up the next morning after we rested.

The grounds are beautiful, the venue is a BYOB which was perfect since we brewed our own beer with a local brewery. We were also able to have an ice cream truck for dessert and lastly, our pictures came out incredible due to the many great locations for a photo op. We couldn't be happier with our decision.

Thank you guys so much!

The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 20
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 21
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 22

Elizabeth · Married on 07/20/2018

The Sussex Conservatory is GORGEOUS, truly the most beautiful wedding site we'd ever seen. We had our wedding here and couldn't be happier with the venue and the flexibility it allowed. Perfect for outdoor ceremonies and the reception space is like nothing else! The folks at the Conservatory were helpful in connecting us with outside vendors who were amazing, and the price is great for how spectacular the site is. We had the entire day (and the night before!) to set up, which was super helpful! The place is fairly DIY, so it's worth knowing that before choosing it, but that was exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend, we were so happy!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Tara · Married on 07/07/2018

An absolutely stunning venue! We had a perfect day!!! Everyone we dealt with was so helpful and accommodating, especially our day-of-coordinator Danielle! All of our guests were commenting on how beautiful the venue was and how they have never seen something like it before. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this venue and highly recommend it to everyone! Thank you so much for making our special day beyond better than we could have ever imagined!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Meghan · Married on 05/18/2018

The best day ever!! From allowing us to set up the night before to pulling us outside for mid-reception firework photo opportunities the staff at The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds were amazing. After an initial wedding date mix up, Danielle set out to ensure our day was the best ever and it was. Kristin F. truly set us up in the weeks before and on the day of running our reception with ease. With a bubbly and lovable personality she immediately won over my mom and I and definitely did not disappoint any of the vendors with whom we put in contact with her. Her collaboration, not to mention the fun she had, with each of them ensured we had the perfect reception. The Conservatory easily accommodated our 150+ guests and vendors including a large dance floor, DJ, and photo booth. We were even so fortunate as to have an outdoor cocktail hour and use the garage door for our bridal party intros. This location is a gem and I highly recommend it not only for it's beauty, but also for the amazing staff who run it so well.

Sent on 05/31/2018
  • Z

Zachary · Married on 04/22/2018

This place was amazing! It is a beautiful venue for a wedding, everyone was extremely helpful through the entire process of booking, preparing and executing our wedding. We lucked out with the weather so the garage style doors were awesome to open up the building. The outdoor terrace area was perfect for the cocktail hour, where we set up backyard games. The barn for the ceremony was great! The Conservatory is a beautiful building and exactly the style we wanted! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Dana · Married on 04/20/2018

I will never forget the absolute perfection that was our wedding day at the Conservatory! My husband and I knew we wanted a rustic vibe with modern conveniences and the option to do some DIY elements, and the Conservatory fit the bill perfectly. The planning process was seamless; included in the price of the venue is a day-of coordinator, either Kristin or Danielle. Both ladies are extremely friendly, accommodating, and capable. We were in touch with them with various questions throughout the planning process and they were consistently responsive, helpful, and supportive. Kristin worked our wedding and was integral to our comfort and sanity, coordinating all the moving parts with a smile and putting my mind completely at ease. Our wedding day was quite cold, so we ended up doing an indoor ceremony inside the Conservatory itself. It was absolutely gorgeous and we received many compliments from our guests. Every aspect of the wedding reception felt seamless and everyone had a blast. I have already recommended the Conservatory to several friends and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for the rustic yet elegant, relaxed yet stylish vibe. We love the Conservatory!!!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Becky · Married on 04/14/2018

From the moment we walked into the courtyard of the Conservatory we knew this was where we wanted to get married. The Conservatory and the courtyard are absolutely beautiful - even though we had a few cold spells (in April) and barely any flowers were in bloom, our outdoor ceremony was still gorgeous! We also had plenty of photo opportunities - my husband loved the koi pond! Danielle was incredible from the start! she was easy to communicate with, and such a pleasure to work with the day of! I am so glad we chose the Conservatory for our wedding. It was absolutely perfect! Thank you!

Sent on 04/19/2018
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 23
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 24
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 25
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 26
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 27
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 28

Kristin · Married on 09/23/2017

Kristin and Danielle are amazing!!! Between the two of them they answered every question big or small and were super friendly and understanding of every request and accommodation. On the days leading up to the wedding and on the day of Danielle put me and my husband at ease with every little detail and was super polite and professional to every person there! She helped organize all of our vendors and took so much stress off our shoulders and help plan our day so it was totally customized to our wants and desires!!! The venue alone speaks for itself! It's updated and renovated yet rustic and completely complimented the look and theme we were going for! The bathrooms were finished a few months before our wedding and the floor in the reception area was also redone and beautiful!!! If you want rustic, elegant, dramatic, and sophisticated then this is the venue and team for you!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2017
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 35
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 36
    The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds 37

Eliza · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I fell in love with The Conservatory the moment we stepped foot to the venue. We toured the venue with a potential caterer so I initially met Kristin through email. Throughout the whole process, Kristin was responsive and professional. Two weeks before my wedding, she made me feel as if I had a wedding planner especially the day of. She made sure both my husband and I were okay and she was on top of the vendors making sure they were doing their job. We also intended on having our ceremony and cocktail hour outside but because of the weather, it was moved to the Farm Fun Building. I was a bit disappointed until I saw it. I immediately loved it and knew this worked better for our theme more so than the courtyard. I would never want my wedding any other way!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Anna · Married on 04/13/2017

Fantastic venue and staff. My daughters Sweet 16 Birthday Bash was a huge success, thanks to Daniela and her staff.

Sent on 04/19/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/01/2016

We had an absolute amazing experience at the conservatory and working closely with Kristin (she's a rock star!). Her responsiveness to any/all of our questions, understanding of the area, venue, and the needs of the bride and groom was a major relief. We received compliments on the venue from everyone that came. Perfect for a larger wedding as the glass building creates a very open look and feel.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Joshua · Married on 06/19/2016

The Conservatory was a beautiful venue and every single member of the staff was helpful, kind, and professional. My wife picked the venue, and since I live out of state, I didn't get to see it in person until a week before the wedding day. I was extremely impressed, and they were a very large reason for the actual wedding day. I'm very happy with our choice and would highly recommend them to others.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Gorgeous venue - large space! Staff was very helpful and the grounds are beautiful. Sometimes hard to get a response but as long as you're on top of it, all is good.

Sent on 11/08/2015

The Conservatory at The Sussex County Fairgrounds is beautiful. Their staff was very helpful and they know what they are doing. This is a great place for a wedding or even any other event that you would like to have.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Matthew · Married on 09/22/2012

"Wow" was the only thing we coudl say when we first set our eyes on this place. Built for flower shows, Mark (the Manager) has grown this place into a gorgeous venue that so long as you get good weather will be picture perfect fro all you photos. Still in its development we had to rent bathroom facilities, but don't let the deter you for renting this place. Go and see it!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Heather · Married on 07/03/2011

We could not say enought about Mark who runs the show at the fairgrounds! This venue was unique and amazing for our wedding day. Its a blank slate that you can do anything with. He was soooo accomodating to anything that we needed. Trust me....we sold lots of our guests on the Conservatory after being at our wedding!

Sent on 02/20/2012

Alexandra · Married on 09/14/2018

We got married mid-September at the Convservatory. Our ceremony and reception spaces were so beautiful. The courtyard is nice enough that we didn't feel the need to add many decorations for the ceremony. They were very responsive to my emails and seemed organized. We kind of had two day-of coordinators; one was present before the ceremony to make sure all of the deliveries went well, and the other helped with the ceremony and beyond. The second coordinator was added on a week or so before the wedding, but she seemed to have all of the information she needed and everything went smoothly. We had a blast, and all of our guests loved the location.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Lydia · Married on 10/14/2018

Beautiful Venue

As soon as I entered The Conservatory I knew this was the venue for my wedding. Incredible structure, very flexible lay out, and chairs/tables provided (which is a huge plus). We winded up getting married indoors due to the weather; another beautiful building on site. We made that decision several days prior, but you can also tell them almost last minute. Indoor or outdoor ceremony with equally as beautiful backdrops. Very accommodating.

Sent on 10/30/2018