The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Ashley
    Ashley Married on 04/11/2021

My Dream Wedding!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Beautiful! We had both the ceremony and reception here. Despite some rain the venue was absolutely beautiful. Sue-Ann and Sarah expertly balanced being attentive without ever feeling overbearing. With all of the stress and planning that goes into a wedding, our wedding day felt neither stuffy or stressful. We wound up being able to really enjoy our wedding day, which we’re so thankful for!

The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds's reply:

Ashley - It was our pleasure to be a part of your day. You and your entire family stayed strong during the uncertainity of "Covid" In the end it was perfect. The Horse and Carriage brought tears to my eyes as it dropped you off for your ceremony.
  • Alina
    Alina M. Married on 08/23/2020

The most beautiful rustic space!

My husband and I had the extreme pleasure of getting married at The Conservatory in August 2020. Our original wedding date was supposed to be in April 2020, but we all know how that goes. Sue-Ann at The Conservatory was incredibly kind and accommodating through this difficult time and was so amazing to work with. Luckily for us, we were able to keep all of our vendors, and though the day looked different than what we had originally planned, it was absolutely amazing. The venue is so effortlessly gorgeous and all of our pictures look incredible. This is a great spot for outdoor weddings, and they are recently purchased an large tent to be able to accommodate outdoor parties during the COVID pandemic. The flowers all around are always so immaculately maintained, so you can really get away with having pretty minimal florals and still have it seemed that you went all out. there are so many places on the grounds to take pictures, you definitely won't be at a shortage! I would honestly highly recommend this venue to anyone who likes a rustic theme!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 08/22/2020

This venue is GORGEOUS!

Sue Ann at the Conservatory was so great to work with. We knew from the second we saw the Conservatory that this was the place for our wedding. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the building and grounds are. Planning a wedding in a pandemic can be very stressful but Sue Ann made sure that she did everything to help us solve every issue we ran into with restrictions. They bought a tent for the garden area since there was no indoor dinning and decorated it with lights to make it more wedding friendly. She is so easy to get in contact with and we couldn’t have been more happy with our experience with the Conservatory.
  • Julia
    Julia S. Married on 04/25/2020

Coronavirus 2020

I had plans of getting married here in April, but given the circumstances it wasn't able to happen. I will say throughout the whole process Sue Ann was absolutely amazing. They were extremely accommodating and helpful through a time of crisis. For future brides, I would highly recommend, this is a venue that cares about giving you the best possible experience!
  • Alyssa-Ray
    Alyssa-Ray L. Married on 11/10/2019

It was Perfect

The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds - for a low budget bride with high budget taste this was the perfect venue ! Since they just got into doing weddings a few years ago when we booked we got an amazing deal. Prices are still competitive but oh my goodness is this place stunning ! It provides a rustic feel but with high class looks. The courtyard with the gazebos, garden, and fountains is perfect for photos and the barn is cozy and charming with their lighting. The actual conservatory is breathtaking. The windows allow he natural light and you get a nice open feeling. My guests were all so impressed. As was I. Sue-Anne and her crew were great to work with. She didn’t mind my millions of texts with all my questions and I felt confident in her hands.
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin Married on 11/01/2019

Absolutely Perfect

Our wedding here was PERFECT. Sue-Ann was amazing from start to finish and absolutely stunned us with the setup. The Conservatory itself is gorgeous inside and out (half of the reason we booked it is because it's amazing on the inside even without decorations), and I'm so happy that our photos look like the inspo picture of it we had seen two years ago. Everything went so smoothly and everyone had a brilliant time - I would attend my own wedding a hundred times over! As a side note - I definitely recommend booking the dance floor mat - it looks so nice in photos.
    Melody Married on 09/29/2019

Absolutely Perfect

This venue was the one and only one we visited. As soon as I saw the pictures I knew it was the right one for us and when we did out tour visit we immediately booked. It's the most beautiful venue and was everything I imagined for my wedding day. I wanted a DIY venue and this was just it. They are very laid back and pretty much let you do whatever you want with the space and make coming to set up as easy as possible. Sue-Ann was very kind of helpful and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!!
  • April
    April Married on 09/28/2019

Gorgeous place to have a wedding, no mAtter what the season.

I never seen such a beautiful place like the Conservatory. My ceremony was absolutely breath taking. We had ours by the gazebo and behind the gazebo were all the flowers and the greens and the beautiful fall colors. Our wedding photos were all done on premises . There was no need to go anywhere else because the conservatory itself is beautiful . The chandeliers and the wood beams on the ceiling are beautiful. We didn’t put much flowers inside because the interior of the conservatory is gorgeous just the way it is. We didn’t want to take the attention away from it. My guest were completely blown away because they never seen a place like that . One of my guest daughter is now considering having her sweet sixteen at the conservatory . I will
    Definitely have another occasion at the conservatory. Thank you to all the staff at the conservatory for making my wedding such a wonderful and memorable time
  • Ursula
    Ursula Married on 09/14/2019

Beautiful!

The Conservatory was the first venue (out of hundreds researched) my then-fiance and I had visited, and upon entering the site we immediately fell in love. The beautiful gardens and naturally-lit and open event space are mesmerizing. Everything about the Conservatory is simple yet elegant, so there was no need to go overboard with decorations and florals since the space itself did all the talking. In addition to being so aesthetically pleasing, the Conservatory's staff was beyond helpful and informative. Danielle and Sue-Ann were easy to communicate with, assisted us with all our inquiries, and made sure the staff was on top of everything the day of our wedding. Thank you to the Conservatory, for the amazing experience and for helping us make the most wonderful day of my and Jorge’s life such a success.
  • Brandon
    Brandon Married on 08/31/2019

Perfect and Beautiful

Out of all the decisions we had to make for our wedding, choosing this venue was the only decision we never second guessed, and now I know why. Our wedding was perfect, we were able to have the intimate outdoor ceremony in the zen garden, transitions right into a beautiful courtyard cocktail hour, then transfer inside to a rustic/botanical garden style reception hall, all in one venue. The dancing never stopped, the photo-op moments in the courtyard never stopped, and guests never stopped complimenting how perfect it is. This venue provided everything, in one spot, to make the night perfect and it's a night we will remember forever.
  • Nyssa
    Nyssa Married on 07/04/2019

Amazing Venue

We knew we didn’t want a traditional wedding venue and fell in love with The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds the moment we stepped foot on the property. Its rustic-chic vibe really allows the couple to have their dream wedding and is a perfect DIY venue. While having to use an outside caterer is not ideal, the Conservatory staff were extremely helpful and accommodating throughout the planning process.
  • Sarah
    Sarah C. Married on 04/07/2019

Awesome venue

Our coordinators, Danielle, alida, and Melissa, were so amazing. Danielle was with us every step of the way, and when she moved on two a new job, Melissa and alida were the best ever. Alida did our rehearsal and she was amazing, Melissa coordinated our day and she went above and beyond to make our day amazing. She was attentive and thorough. Beautiful building and new grounds.
    Laura Married on 11/23/2018

Beautiful space and wonderful staff!

The Conservatory was truly the ideal location for our wedding. With 100 guests we felt comfortable in the room and it had the rustic feel we wanted for our day. We worked with Danielle at the venue from the beginning and she was always so professional and truly cared about our event. We highly recommend booking your next event here!
    Salwa Married on 11/01/2018

Beautiful & unique venue

My husband and I had our wedding at The Conservatory on November 1, 2018. The moment we did our site tour we knew this venue was the one. We did not want a typical ballroom and The Conservatory met all our needs. It was a beautiful day (67 degrees) and everything was beyond perfect. The staff is beyond helpful and responsive not to mention the venue is affordable. Our guest could not stop ranting and raving about how beautiful the grounds were. You have everything you need at this facility. My girls and I got ready in the bridal suite and there was plenty of room for us. Danielle & Alida are a dream to work with and really make sure everything goes according to plan. We were able to set up the day before which made the day of so easy and smooth sailing. Look no further The Conservatory is the perfect venue and is the total package. We wish we could relive the night over and over again.
    Jennifer Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful, Cozy, Perfect

We loved working with Danielle and all the folks at the Conservatory! We had a million questions and they always replied promptly and were incredibly helpful as we navigated the wedding prep waters. :) The actual wedding was just perfect, (even with our surprise nor'easter!), and many of our friends and family commented on how unique and special the venue was. We love it there and would 100% recommend it. Thank you, Conservatory team!!
    Kelly Married on 10/26/2018

Beautiful and affordable wedding venue

We had a great experience with the Conservatory. First of all, they are very affordable. They work with a selection of delicious caterers, which made choosing food very easy. And all of the staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. They were able to move our ceremony inside at the last minute because the weather was too cold, but everything still looked beautiful. And they packed everything back up at the end of the night for us to pick up in the morning. They were even able to reuse some of our decorations that we no longer wanted, so we didn't feel so wasteful! Overall, an excellent experience.
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 10/12/2018

Above and Beyond, Start to Finish

When we did our initial site tour of The Conservatory, we knew right away that this was our perfect venue. Other sites toured after just paled in comparison. With beautiful gardens and tons of rustic charm, it was the right fit for us. Beyond aesthetics, though, working with The Conservatory was a pleasure. Danielle was responsive and insightful, and she helped us with every little detail. Every question I had, she answered. The day of our wedding, she made sure every detail was perfect. I had several guests tell me they wish they knew about The Conservatory when they were getting married. I think that's the ultimate compliment to a venue.
    Juliette Married on 10/06/2018
    We got married 10/07/18 at the conservatory and we absolutely made the right choice. Their grounds are beautiful and the conservatory itself is breathtaking - all of our guests complimented us on making the right choice. We had the pleasure of working with Danielle leading up the event, and Alida on our wedding day. They are both extraordinarily helpful. Danielle helped organize everything and made sure each of the vendors were in aggreement. Alida all day long made sure I was happy with how the day was going, running around doing anything and everything that needed to be done. We are so grateful that we chose this spot to celebrate our most special day.
  • Zulemy
    Zulemy Married on 08/30/2018

Best Decision Ever

I literally have no complaints about this place! Danielle is absolutely incredible! Super responsive, great ideas, and answered every single one of my questions. She even gave me florist suggestions when the one we put a deposit with backed out! Most importantly, we felt very comfortable here during the whole process.

We visited several times during the year, final walk through made me right at ease, and we were even able to drop things two days early.

Our day of point person, Alida, was also fantastic. These guys are all rockstars, running an amazing operation.

After our wedding, they kept everything in the greenhouse and we picked it up the next morning after we rested.

The grounds are beautiful, the venue is a BYOB which was perfect since we brewed our own beer with a local brewery. We were also able to have an ice cream truck for dessert and lastly, our pictures came out incredible due to the many great locations for a photo op. We couldn't be happier with our decision.

Thank you guys so much!
    Elizabeth Married on 07/20/2018
    The Sussex Conservatory is GORGEOUS, truly the most beautiful wedding site we'd ever seen. We had our wedding here and couldn't be happier with the venue and the flexibility it allowed. Perfect for outdoor ceremonies and the reception space is like nothing else! The folks at the Conservatory were helpful in connecting us with outside vendors who were amazing, and the price is great for how spectacular the site is. We had the entire day (and the night before!) to set up, which was super helpful! The place is fairly DIY, so it's worth knowing that before choosing it, but that was exactly what we wanted. Highly recommend, we were so happy!
    Tara Married on 07/07/2018
    An absolutely stunning venue! We had a perfect day!!! Everyone we dealt with was so helpful and accommodating, especially our day-of-coordinator Danielle! All of our guests were commenting on how beautiful the venue was and how they have never seen something like it before. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this venue and highly recommend it to everyone! Thank you so much for making our special day beyond better than we could have ever imagined!
    Meghan Married on 05/18/2018
    The best day ever!! From allowing us to set up the night before to pulling us outside for mid-reception firework photo opportunities the staff at The Conservatory at the Sussex County Fairgrounds were amazing. After an initial wedding date mix up, Danielle set out to ensure our day was the best ever and it was. Kristin F. truly set us up in the weeks before and on the day of running our reception with ease. With a bubbly and lovable personality she immediately won over my mom and I and definitely did not disappoint any of the vendors with whom we put in contact with her. Her collaboration, not to mention the fun she had, with each of them ensured we had the perfect reception. The Conservatory easily accommodated our 150+ guests and vendors including a large dance floor, DJ, and photo booth. We were even so fortunate as to have an outdoor cocktail hour and use the garage door for our bridal party intros. This location is a gem and I highly recommend it not only for it's beauty, but also for the amazing staff who run it so well.
  • Z
    Zachary Married on 04/22/2018
    This place was amazing! It is a beautiful venue for a wedding, everyone was extremely helpful through the entire process of booking, preparing and executing our wedding. We lucked out with the weather so the garage style doors were awesome to open up the building. The outdoor terrace area was perfect for the cocktail hour, where we set up backyard games. The barn for the ceremony was great! The Conservatory is a beautiful building and exactly the style we wanted! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this venue to anyone! You will not be disappointed!
    Dana Married on 04/20/2018
    I will never forget the absolute perfection that was our wedding day at the Conservatory! My husband and I knew we wanted a rustic vibe with modern conveniences and the option to do some DIY elements, and the Conservatory fit the bill perfectly. The planning process was seamless; included in the price of the venue is a day-of coordinator, either Kristin or Danielle. Both ladies are extremely friendly, accommodating, and capable. We were in touch with them with various questions throughout the planning process and they were consistently responsive, helpful, and supportive. Kristin worked our wedding and was integral to our comfort and sanity, coordinating all the moving parts with a smile and putting my mind completely at ease. Our wedding day was quite cold, so we ended up doing an indoor ceremony inside the Conservatory itself. It was absolutely gorgeous and we received many compliments from our guests. Every aspect of the wedding reception felt seamless and everyone had a blast. I have already recommended the Conservatory to several friends and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for the rustic yet elegant, relaxed yet stylish vibe. We love the Conservatory!!!
    Becky Married on 04/14/2018
    From the moment we walked into the courtyard of the Conservatory we knew this was where we wanted to get married. The Conservatory and the courtyard are absolutely beautiful - even though we had a few cold spells (in April) and barely any flowers were in bloom, our outdoor ceremony was still gorgeous! We also had plenty of photo opportunities - my husband loved the koi pond! Danielle was incredible from the start! she was easy to communicate with, and such a pleasure to work with the day of! I am so glad we chose the Conservatory for our wedding. It was absolutely perfect! Thank you!