The Columns Banquets Reviews

The Columns Banquets 7
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2019

Perfect Venue!!!

The best decision I made! First, the place is stunning! From the gorgeous interior to the beautiful backyard patio! We were fortunate to have cocktail hour outside where our guests could take photos outside on the patio. Second, their banquet manager Heidi and her team were extremely easy to work with and gave extraordinary service! I received so much feedback from our guest that the service was incredible! The food was brought out in a timely manner from the most polite servers! Third, the food is amazing! They offered a variety of options for menus and everything tasted incredible leaving it hard to chose which would make the final cut. We had the perfect experience with The Columns and I highly recommend to any couple for their reception venue!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    The Columns Banquets 15
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 01/12/2019

Beautiful Winter Wonderland

Heidi with the Cloumns was great to work with. I called and messaged her all the way up to the wedding and she always answered promptly. The venue looked beautiful they left their winter decorations up! It was a winter wonderland, without being Christmasy. Everyone loved the food. They even did me a favor and served my dads slice of cake with a candle for his birthday.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Jordyn · Married on 11/10/2018

Insanely happy we chose The Columns for our reception!

We had a nightmare of a time choosing a wedding reception venue, but once we found The Columns, everything was perfect. Heidi, Candace, and the whole team were so helpful/responsive from start to finish, and we had guests coming up to us during our reception/still have people coming up to us now saying that they felt like they were the ones getting married because the staff was so attentive. The food was amazing, the lobby served as a perfect last-minute backdrop for bridal party pics (the weather on our wedding day was gross!), the ballroom space is absolutely gorgeous, and everything comes at a fantastic value. We can't recommend The Columns enough!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Donna Lattner · Married on 09/29/2018

Awesome Awesome

Outside cocktail hour was so great!! The staff was so attentive and wonderful!! The dinner was delicious!!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Denise · Married on 09/14/2018

Heidi and Candice are the best! They were there to support and offer advice ar every turn. The staff was friendly and accomadating and the venue is stunning. I am still hearing how amazing the food was!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Cristin · Married on 09/09/2018

Heidi and the team at the Columns are amazing. They take care of every little detail. The grounds and building is beautiful and well kept from the reception rooms to the bathrooms. Every room is very elegant and tastefully decorated. They provide a locked bridal suite for the bride and her party. I had no worries about the safety of my belongings.

The staff is so helpful and polite. Heidi is the best, she is just on top of everything and handles any issue quickly and professionally. We were even upgraded for no charge to the east ballroom with the huge windows when there were no other events scheduled on our wedding day. The food is absolutely excellent! Every dish is cooked perfectly and I have gotten nothing but compliments from all my guests.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Jordan · Married on 08/11/2018

Amazing! Well executed event, classy. Staff very attentive and professional! Loved everything about it.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Kimberly · Married on 05/27/2018

We had our daughter's reception (May 27, 2018) and everything was perfect. We had 350 guests so we were concerned about the timing of getting food served and the bar backing up but the staff was spot on. Definitely had the staff to handle it and they were all amazing. We received so many compliments on everything about the venue. Heidi was such a pleasure to work with! We were so pleased and could not have asked for anything more!!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

linda · Married on 03/31/2018

Just had a wedding last week (March 31, 2018) for our daughter and it was just perfect. Heidi and her staff were great! Everything was taken care of from the minute we arrived. They are very organized and attentive to whatever you need. The wedding took place right there and reception followed immediately after. Cocktails from 5-6 and then dinner. The food was very good , I think everyone had enough to drink and they put out coffee and desserts later on. Our decorations were set up on the tables just the way my daughter wanted. The servers were efficient (white gloves) and polite. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding day experience. I had been to the Columns for a few banquets before but never for a wedding. They truly go the extra mile for you. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Bob · Married on 10/20/2017

I am the proud father of the Beautiful Bride! On October 20, 2017, my daughter Melanie married Eric Zenicki and the reception was held at The Columns Banquet room. Many months went into the planning of her special day, and "Special" it became! The day before the wedding, we took all the decorations, centerpieces, etc., to the Columns where we met with Heidi Conschafter and Candice. We had explained to them how we wanted everything set up. I even gave them pictures along with instructions for setting up various displays. When we arrived at the Columns the next day, about 45 minutes before the start of the reception, my wife and I were "Absolutely Amazed" at how "Everything" was in place just as we requested it to be! Every centerpiece, which was a decorated lantern that was set on top of a 12" x 2" round wood slab, was placed perfectly centered on each of the 16 tables! They even made sure that each battery candle in each lantern was turned on! Our seating label display consisted of 85 small pumpkins and labels with the Guest name and table number tied to each stem. Each guest would take the pumpkin with their name on it, as a favor, and proceed to their assigned table. The Columns staff placed the pumpkins on the display shelves in alphabetical order for an easier find! Every guest made it a point to let my wife and I know just how "Absolutely Beautiful" everything was! The food was "Absolutely Delicious" and the service was "Over the Top Outstanding"! To Heidi, Candice and the entire Columns staff, we Thank You again for your Extreme Professionalism in making Melanie and Eric's Special Day a Most Memorable One! ... Sincerely, Bob (and Cheryl) Schmitt

Sent on 10/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

From start to finish, Heidi and her team at the Columns were absolutely wonderful for our wedding day! They were always very easy to get ahold of, everything went absolutely perfectly the day of, and we are still receiving compliments on the food and atmosphere. The facility itself is gorgeous and was perfect for the elegant/ classic wedding style we were going for. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

Heidi was great to work with. We got married 9-16-17 everything went smoothly. food was AMAZING, we did the split dinner of filet and chicken casino. We got introduced during cocktail hour on the patio which was fun, then we got to take some group pictures with the fountain and gardens. We were in the Dorian room with 85 people, I thought this was the perfect size, the dance floor wasn't overwhelmingly large and awkward, just right! I highly recommend the Columns to anyone looking for a venue. We looked at 10+ venues and the Columns had the best bang for your buck and was a more cozy feel than some of the larger venues. The only downside is that there aren't hotels right near by, but Uber and Lift work great too!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    The Columns Banquets 16

Phyllis · Married on 08/11/2017

Heidi and her team went above and beyond to make my daughters wedding reception perfect. The servers were profession and courteous. We had a sit down dinner every plate served was piping hot (187 plates) and the food was Delicious . The ballroom and courtyard were amazingly beautiful. I would highly recommend this venue to everyone!
    Thank you from the Leon, Garcia, Pierino families!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Jackie · Married on 07/30/2017

The Columns is THE best venue in WNY in my opinion! We looked at so many places before we picked the Columns for our wedding and we don't regret anything! Working with Heidi, Candace, and Ron from day 1 was stress free and they do an amazing job! We didn't worry about anything one bit throughout the whole wedding planning and on our special day. They are very organized, very professional, and so nice! They really help make your dream wedding a reality! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, the set up of everything is perfect, and the patio is definitely a plus! The fire pits were a huge hit with our guests. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing all of the food was---literally the BEST banquet food I have ever had. All of our guests agreed and raved about it all night. Our serving staff was amazing and very attentive. I don't have any complaints about The Columns! I'd have any event there again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Sean · Married on 07/29/2017

The Columns was the best wedding venue period. The food excellent, service fantastic, venue beautiful. They paid attention to every little detail, and they were the best value. This was the first place my wife and I looked at. This should be the only venue you look at, they were that good.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Sonia · Married on 03/17/2017

We used this venue for our rehearsal dinner (Dorian ballroom,) indoor ceremony (gathering room,) reception (Corinthian ballroom.) The compliments I'm hearing about this venue are still coming 2 weeks later. The food was amazing, the service was amazing, the Corinthian Ballroom is just stunning- they set everything up for us, memory table, favors, place cards- Heidi and Reina literally took care of everything.
    It was perfect, the prices were perfect, and we received a discount for having our rehearsal dinner there (the service and food for that was phenomenal too!)

Sent on 04/02/2017

Laura · Married on 12/02/2016

I absolutely loved having our wedding at the columns. Heidi and her staff are the picture of professionalism and definitely know what they're doing. The food was fantastic, the room was beautiful, and the staff was excellent.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Mariah · Married on 09/09/2016

I got married on September 9, 2016. I cannot say enough good things about the Columns! They were a huge help in every aspect, and were more than accommodating. Staff were always friendly, and more than willing to answer any questions. Heidi was our coordinator, and was great in making suggestions and directing us in our planning process. Ron and Raina helped in setting up my decorations and serving my event. We looked at several venues prior to booking the Columns- and there were so many benefits for choosing the Columns. They had an amazing atmosphere, and you truly get so much for what you pay for. I got so many compliments on this venue, including the ceremony, the gardens, the food, the atmosphere, and the service. The columns exceeded my expectations, and I can’t even explain how amazing everything turned out. I had a strict budget, and they really worked with me in planning. This place is truly a hidden gem! I had received so many compliments about the food and venue as a whole. I had a vegetarian wedding, but there were so many options for food. Even though many of my guests that attended were not vegetarian, many commented about the food selection and the quality! This was the perfect venue, and I can’t do it justice in a review!

Sent on 10/23/2016
  • User4320154 · 2+ years ago

The experience I had with the Columns was phenomenal. Working with Heidi and the staff there was great. They were so accommodating from the beginning to end. And reasonably priced.

Sent on 09/06/2016

I loved having my Wedding Ceremony and Reception at the Columns. The staff is amazing! Always willing to help and ask any questions. Very tentative. Everything went so smoothly, even with some last minute changes.

Due to our wedding and ceremony was all at the same place, we did photos before which was perfect. During cocktail hour we did family photos, which was the perfect amount of time to get everyone.

There is not one bad thing I could say about this place. I highly recommend looking at the place. Great people, looks awesome, and great price. Can't beat it.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Brittany · Married on 08/01/2015

I do not have one negative comment to make about The Columns! Heidi was so great to work with and helped make our wedding day perfect. From the day we walked in there to get a tour to our wedding day she was always there with a smile asking what else she could do to make our day perfect. The day before our wedding we dropped off everything and Heidi and her team had everything perfectly set up just as we discussed. The new ballroom is stunning! We had cocktail hour on the patio outside which was also beautiful. We could have probably taken all of our photos there it was so nice. The food was delicious! Servers were very nice. I highly recommend The Columns!

Sent on 12/30/2015

I had my wedding and reception at The Columns this past weekend. Everyone was raving about the food, decor and staff at The Columns and they are still talking about how wonderful it was! Heidi and Ron were both very helpful in planning and making sure we were happy and had everything we wanted on the day of. We are so happy with our decision to have our wedding at The Columns. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Andrea · Married on 10/18/2014

What a wonderful experience! Such a beautiful venue with such an amazing family & staff. Heidi & Michael, went way above & beyond to ensure I had a perfect day.

Sent on 10/24/2014

I cannot say enough about this place! They made my dream wedding come true! The front office staff was very professional and helpful. I have to admit I was a pain in the butt to work with but they made me feel comfortable talking with them and expressing any concerns or question I had. The food was unbelievable! My family and friends still talk about how great of a venue The Columns is for banquets. The service during the wedding was perfect. Servers were very polite and attended to all of our needs. I would recommend the columns to everyone. Prices cannot be beat. Thank you Columns for making my day perfect!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2005

We really wanted to have our reception in the city of Buffalo, but there was not a site the suited us. They were either too large or too ugly. My husband was very picky with the venues. (He had to pick as I was away still finishing college during the planning). The Columns is beautiful!!! Excellent opportunity for taking pictures. They have a winding staircase and a gorgeous chandelier. It just felt like a wedding reception place.

The food was fabulous and people raved on and on about it. We bar was lovely and provided great services. Our wedding was completely vegetarian and they were so accomodating. We had a tasting and the chef whipped up some custom dishes for us to try. It was really amazing. My husband still fantasizes about the roast potatoes.

Our wedding size was about 100 people and this place was perfect. It can fit more. It was hard for us to find a place that wouldn't feel cavernous with our wedding size and that was also affordable. They even provided center pieces.

There was great personal service during the planning and throughout the reception. Definitely recommended!!

Sent on 03/07/2008