The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak Reviews

The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak 2
The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak 3
The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak 4

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2017

We recently got married at the Clubhouse at Boundary Oak in October of 2017. I cannot say enough about how much my husband and I loved both the venue and the staff! We had our ceremony at the lakeside ceremony site, our cocktail hour in the Mira Vista room, and our reception in the Celebration room. Every staff member that I interacted with was friendly, efficient, and helpful. The Catering director was responsive during our initial contract discussions, and worked with me to fit everything into our budget, even before we signed the dotted line! Their packages are extremely reasonable based on my research, especially on Friday or Sunday. The tables, basic chairs, linens and napkins, staff (including day of coordination), food, set up and break down are all included, not to mention FLOOR LENGTH linens as the default! They offer lots of luxe upgrades if you want them, but we actually went with the Gold package, and our only upgrade was to buffet instead of plated and everything was gorgeous! We did end up scoring a few upgrades for free though :) We worked closely with Charlene, our onsite and day of coordinator, and she was extremely responsive and very flexible and helpful! She worked with us on every detail, and had great suggestions for keeping things in our budget, while still getting everything we wanted! The day went off without a hitch, and we could not have been happier with how everything came together! If you have a modest budget and big wedding dreams, I whole-heartedly recommend Boundary Oak!

The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak 5
    The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak 6
    The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak 7
    The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak 8

Marie · Married on 08/06/2016

This review is long overdue...we had out beautiful wedding here on August 6, 2016! We just love this venue. Katie & Charlene are the best event coordinators!!!! They were so attentive to us from the first day that we came to tour the venue! They are very professional along with the rest of the staff. The rehearsal dinner food was delicious (taco bar) and the wedding reception was perfect! Our guests said the buffett was tasty and the dj kept the party going! We had a cash bar. If you're looking to get married here, I recommend this place. We chose the site outside next to the pond w/waterfall. BEAUTIFUL!!!! It was worth every penny we paid! :-)

Julia · Married on 06/25/2016

All I have to say is Wow. I would give 10 stars if I could! My husband and I got married at Boundary Oaks in June and our experience throughout the entire process was amazing. We went to 10+ venues around the Bay Area and Boundary Oaks definitely stood out for several reasons. It was by far the best decision I made throughout the wedding planning process.

The venue is beautiful. I loved the outdoor ceremony site with the fountain in the back, while the reception was indoors in the Clubhouse directly behind the ceremony site. There is also a large bridal suite that overlooks the ceremony site so you can see everything that is going on outside while people on the outside can't see in. The cocktail hour also takes place inside the Clubhouse that has a balcony area which overlooks the golf course. Overall, I loved that everything was in one place so it's not only easy for the bridal party to get ready there, but easy on guests as they only have one location to stay at throughout the entire wedding.

I also can't say enough great things about Charlene and Katie. They were seriously the best. I have never worked with such amazing people and they are definitely the main reason why our experience with the venue was so wonderful! Throughout the entire wedding process, I kept telling everyone that our venue coordinators were the ones that were keeping me sane and I never once had to stress about working with Boundary Oak because I trusted them 100%.

I honestly can go on and on about how great our experience was here, but the character limit won't let me on here. If you are looking for a venue in the Bay Area, I highly recommend checking out Boundary Oaks. You won't regret it!

stacey · Married on 05/21/2016

My husband and I got married at this venue on 5/21/2016 and our experience here was top notch.

We booked the venue a year in advance (April 2015) just weeks after we got engaged. We knew that if we wanted a great venue we would have to act quickly and so glad we did. We worked with Charlene and Katie while planning the entire wedding and they were amazing. They were both so quick to respond to emails and phone calls even on their days off! It was crazy!

The venue is gorgeous and has a huge bridal suite that over looks the ceremony site so you can watch your guests arrive, but they can't see in. They have recently remodeled some stuff like the bathrooms, reception site, new ceremony arch etc.

Our guests kept coming up to us asking how we came across the place because they fell in love with it too! The food was delicious and that wasn't only us that thought so, our guest commented numerous times about how amazing the food was.

If we were to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing (except to rent it for another hour because the party was still going haha.)

Seriously if you are looking for a wedding venue, just stop your search when you get to this place. It's amazing and the staff is wonderful!

KATIE AND CHARLENE WERE AWESOME!!! I REALLY LIKED THAT THE FLORIST/ FOOD/ DJ WERE ALL INCLUDED... THEY ALSO RECOMMENDED THE BAKERY BUT IT WAS NOT A REQUIREMENT THAT I USED THAT ONE--- HOWEVER, I'M GLAD I DID!!! EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! AND THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!! PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT...

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 06/06/2015

I loved having my entire wedding at the Boundary Oak. Katie and Charlene were wonderful to work with. Quite a few of my guests complimented on how beautiful the venue was. The people at this venue will make sure to work very closely with you and you will not be disappointed. There is a huge bridal suite for the bride to get ready, a beautiful outdoor ceremony area, spacious cocktail hour area, and a great ballroom with a HUGE dance floor. Please go check out this venue!

Sent on 07/14/2015

The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak's reply:

Thank you Kim! We wish you and Tramaine a lifetime of happiness!

Tina · Married on 11/14/2014

This place is gorgeous! The golf course, the giant oak tree, The Clubhouse.

We held our wedding here on November 2014. We had our wedding ceremony at the golf course and reception in the ballroom. Everything turned out wonderful!

The ladies that helped me with the wedding planning were both so amazing! They would follow-up with me just at the right times without being pushy. They just want to make sure everything goes the way I wanted it to be. Very detail oriented and organized. Although, there was a little confusion about chair covers (twice), but they made sure by double checking what package we got for our wedding. They are not afraid to apologize if they made a mistake or if there were little misunderstandings. I can't imagine how busy these ladies get trying to organize every function so little mistakes/confusion are bound to happen. With the ladies great organization skills, everything will turn out great, just trust them! I did not have to worry about helping at all with setting up the reception hallway with all the props I brought the day before, or setup inside the ballroom for the reception. They took care of everything while I got ready in the large bridal suite, stocked up with bubbly, variety if cheeses and crackers for the ladies to enjoy. The whole staff at Boundary Oak are exceptional. They made our wedding very speciall and turned out perfect!

Thank you Boundary Oak for making it happen for us!

Meaghan · Married on 10/25/2014

My wife and I had our reception here on 10/25/14. We were more than pleased with the overall service. Emily and Charlene were both great to work with. They were very helpful with the planning and coordination of everything along the way which made it easy on us. The venue was set up beautifully. Everyone raved about the view from the mira vista room during cocktail hour. The food was excellent. We had upgraded the beef and everyone couldn't stop taking about how great the food was. We would absolutely recommend this venue for a wedding or any other type of reception or event.

• User4120587 · 2+ years ago

We met up and contacted our liaisons at the Clubhouse. Emily and Charlene were so helpful in helping us with planning wedding details and making sure the schedule was the way we wanted it for the wedding. We had a smooth time taste-testing the food that they would cater for the wedding. We liked the linens and table setting as well. The price and package was great since we negotiated a little with them.

Our wedding ceremony was held outdoors by the trellis. The view of the golf course and fountain was most beautiful! Our cocktail hour was in the clubhouse room overlooking the golf course which was lovely. We had our photo booth in that room. We had our family and friends photos by the trellis after the ceremony. Following, we had couple photos with our photographer by the boundary oak tree and we were allowed to drive a golf cart down, which was super fun!

The reception room was lovely with soft lighting and our red and cream color theme. The champagne toast was great, the food, and our additional vendors of a chocolate fountain fondue station. We also made use of the projector for our slide show. We had a sweetheart table which they decorated with candles and there was a nice silver sparkly decor behind us.

I loved this venue and fell in love with it after we viewed many in the bay area. This was the perfect place for us.

Sheri · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I got married on 9/27/14 at The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak. Emily and Charlene were fantastic to work with. They were responsive, and supportive throughout the entire process from beginning to end. We could not have done this without them. Our wedding turned out beautifully and our wedding guests were thoroughly impressed with the venue, food, and great service from the servers. It was definitely one of my proudest moments in life. We highly recommend this wedding venue!

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/13/2014

My fiancé and I booked our wedding date in January for a September wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more smooth and stress free process. Charlene and Emily were on top of everything, making sure all aspects of the on-site wedding details were taken care of. I never felt like something wasn't going to get done or that there were communication issues. These wonderful ladies are on top of it. On the day of the wedding, the bridal suite became like a pre-party, getting the bridal party, myself, and family ready for the big night. The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. The entire staff that night was wonderful and service was impeccable. My husband and I were able to enjoy the night and able to focus on celebrating with friends and family. A great added bonus was the beautiful pictures taken by the oak tree after the reception By our photographer. It was such a gorgeous place to take our first pictures as husband and wife.

Tawnya · Married on 11/09/2013

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the clubhouse nov 2013 I couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding here. The staff is very friendly very easy to work with and the food is fantastic!! If I had to do it over again without a doubt I would book this venue again! Also our wedding pictures look amazing with the sunset behind us on the golf course.

Norma · Married on 10/12/2013

We got married in October of this year, and Boundary Oak and their staff are truly remarkable. Charlene and Emily are both prompt, well organized, and always there to help in any way they can – even on their days off. From the first tour we took of the venue, I always felt like I had 100% of their attention, and never felt like I was just a number.
    I am not a huge planner. The thought of planning my own wedding was a daunting task. My friends provided me a wedding planning book with a timeline; after leafing through it once and getting overwhelmed, it sat on my nightstand gathering dust. But, even for the non-planner like me, Boundary Oak made the process as easy and straightforward as possible. It was even enjoyable!
    On our first visit Emily showed us around. She was very thorough, and took the time to answer any questions we might have. The ceremony site is one of the first things you see as you walk up from the parking lot. The arch they have is set up all year round, so it was nice to be able to get a feel for what your ceremony would be like. The Celebration Ballroom, where the reception took place, is a good size with a large dance floor in the middle. We had a setup for 170 people, and everyone fit in comfortably with lots of room to dance.
    I worked with Charlene on the details of my day. She provided a checklist of questions, and helped me go over the entire thing step by step. She arranged a tasting for us, and all the food was delicious. There are also lots of vegetarian options. We did not get to taste these, but we ended up choosing the vegetable wellington for our vegetarian guests. They were very happy to find an actual meal on their plate that was tasty, and not just a plate with the protein taken away.
    Our wedding day went very smoothly. Again, this place is truly a gem. If you’re looking for a venue that has everything in one package, I would highly recommend Boundary Oak.

Donna · Married on 07/28/2013

My daughter was married here last weekend and the entire event could not have been any better! Both Emily and Charlene completely have everything under control and made the day run perfectly. The weather was wonderful, the Mira/Vista rooms were set up so beautifully - my daughter had the wedding of her dreams! Love these ladies and love this venue!

My mother made my husband and i look at 12 different venues before we were able to pick a site for our wedding. While this was one of the last ones we looked at we knew right away that this was going to be the place. I was able to set up an appointment with Emily to view the venue with just a few emails. While we were looking at the venue they were very friendly and we were able to meet some of the other employees that would be there the day of the wedding should we choose their site. We were also invited back later that day or another weekend to see what their site looked like all set up. During the planning of the wedding, Charlene was very helpful. Whenever i had a question about anything I would just send an email and get a response usually within the same day or the following day. There were also a few times when I would get a response from her on her day off. We did both our rehearsal dinner and full wedding there. Emily and Charlene both made planning my wedding fun and easy. I was never worried about anything. My father only drinks white Zinfandel, which they do not normally serve but they made sure to have six bottles on hand for my rehearsal dinner and wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

Boundary Oak Made our Big Day the biggest day of our lives!
    Charlene and Emily are the best coordinators you can get! they helped us with every little details. The view was fantastic, very beautiful.. the food was great, everybody liked it! and the staffs were really friendly and helpful.
    People were like "this is the best wedding I've been to" :)
    Thank You so much Charlene, Emily and staffs!
    Thank You Boundary Oak!

-Aiza and Ruben

Elizabeth · Married on 03/16/2013

The staff at Boundary Oak made planning a wedding from out of state exceptionally easy. Emily and Charlene were extremely professional about it all! They made it very easy to communicate with them about any matter. The food was absolutely fantastic and they had everything set up just as we discussed it prior to the big day! They were very helpful with everything...from booking the venue to the big day! It made for a great reception!

Janette · Married on 09/21/2012

The entire staff of The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak, i.e., Emily, Charlene and Jeff rendered exceptional service before, during and after my wedding day with such professionalism, kindness and patience.
    The food was great; our suggestions after our food tasting session were all incorporated and we appreciate the Chef and all concerned for doing so.

• Sunny

Sunny · Married on 09/08/2012

The staff at Boundary Oaks helped my husband and I plan our dream wedding in just 8 months! From the moment we saw the venue we knew it was the place! The day of went off without any issues and they catered to all of our needs! I couldn't have asked for a better staff then that of Charlene, Emily and Jeff. They were so helpful and so friendly.
    During the clean up/transfer of my wedding flutes, one of them had broke and I was so upset. Emily had them replaced within just a few days! I was so grateful and thankful that they went above and beyond. Thank you for making our wedding experience so amazing and so unforgetable!

Christina · Married on 09/02/2012

Everyone says you need to start planning a wedding 1 year in advance. After my fiancé and I had visited this venue we wanted to get married right away. The golf course and the clubhouse are gorgeous. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. They helped me plan my dream wedding in 5 months. I'm the kind of person who worries about everything. Every little silly thing I emailed Charlene and Emily about, they emailed promptly back with a suggestion or solution. Not enough of our guests RSVPd but they helped me to upgrade my package to include a full hot bottomless breakfast in my bridal suite and a bar tab for the remainder, which ended up making the experience amazing for our guests. My husband and I don't drink so when the package included a champagne toast they offered to pass both apple cider and champagne. This was very special for us. The morning of my wedding I arrived at 10 am and I didn't have to do a thing to set up. Emily, Charlene, Jeff and staff did everything. The wait staff anticipated the needs of our guests and were filling their wine glasses back up as they were emptying. No one had to ask for anything. They orchestrated a flawless night. I honestly had no idea it could go so smooth. I thought I'd be running around all night but I didn't. The food was amazing and all of my guests said they were so impressed. This place really knows how to do weddings, I went in to this so scared but ended up with the most beautiful and perfect wedding I could have ever dreamed of. Worth every penny.

Rhodora · Married on 09/25/2016

From our first contact with Boundary Oak, we were impressed with the high level of customer service. We're so happy that we chose this venue for both our ceremony & reception. The grounds made for a beautiful ceremony by the lake & the guests had plenty of space to mingle. Charlene was a great help in keeping us on top of tasks & timelines. The option of having a large bridal suite was just an extra benefit that was great to have. From the prep in the bridal suite, to first look photos at the boundary oak, to the lakeside ceremony site, followed by the cocktail hour & reception, everything flowed smoothly & we just enjoyed ourselves from the beginning. We couldn't ask for better service & people to work with. THANK YOU!!!

Linda · Married on 08/31/2014

We had our wedding on August 31, 2014 and we couldn't be happier that we had our wedding at Boundary Oaks! We had shopped around at a few locations but Boundary Oaks blew us away - from the beautiful location/scenery, to the great food, to the wonderful staff (especially Emily and Charlene)! Location/Scenery - Stunning! Our ceremony was outside and the scenery was so beautiful that we barely had to decorate! It was a hot August day but our guests were so thankful to have cold water/champagne at the ceremony site to keep them nice and cool. The ballroom was the perfect size and chairs/tables/etc all looked perfect! Food - tasted exactly as we expected on our wedding night from our tasting. Our guests were talking about how great the passed hors d'oeuvres were - and they even set aside some for us at our seats since we didn't have time to try it during cocktail hour! Emily and Charlene - They were such a pleasure to work with - always responsive, extremely accommodating and thoughtful and I swear they bent over backwards to make the wedding as easy as possible for us. They kept me up to date on everything without me having to ask and they reminded me of important dates and information. I could go on and on about Emily and Charlene and how much they did for us but this review would never end! All I can say is Boundary Oaks is very lucky to have such a great duo! Thanks Emily and Charlene !

My only nitpick - I had a friend helping to ensure that everything went as we wished and during set up, the set up staff missed the bread plates for two of our tables. But they quickly fixed it when my friend mentioned it to them.

The golf course, view, location, staff and services were excellent. Charlene and Jeff treated my wife and I with so much care abd there service was best in the business. The grounds, ceremony and reception were perfect for our entire day. I recommend them as top 10 in the Bay Area.

We had a great time getting married at Boundary Oak. Emily and Charlene are like complimentary wedding planners that are there to help you from the time you come in wondering if this venue is right for you all the way to helping usher guests around on your wedding day. Almost single (or dual) handedly, they make this venue a great place to get married. No question is too minor for them. They never make you feel petty or small. They are awesome.

The view of the fountain and the hills in the background is great. It is as great if not better in person than in the photos.

The "mira" and "vista" rooms that other reviewers mentioned are as great as they claim. They have ceiling to floor windows that overlook the course, fountain and hills and are a great place for a cocktail hour or reception depending on your size.

In the summertime, Walnut Creek can get hot, so keep that in mind as your ceremony will be outside. We got parasols for our guests and they loved them. The high on our day was in the low to mid 80s, and our guests said it was warm, but no uncomfortable (esp with the parasols). Not to mention our ceremony was one hour long.

We had 200 guests in the main reception area for dinner, and that was a comfortable fit. More than that for dinner would be tight.

The food overall was tasty. Chef Arturo was flexible in making a custom menu for us. Some items were exceptional (he made great veggie samosas), but other custom items we asked for were okay, not great. Overall though, the food was good and our guests commented on it being good.

The staff was flexible the day of. I asked them at 10:50pm to extend everything an additional 30 min to 11:30pm because people were really loving the dancing and they did that. (When our guests lingered and talked till 11:45pm, they started getting a little impatient, but that's understandable. :))

Overall we were very satisfied with our choice of the Clubhouse at Boundary Oaks.