34 Reviews for The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak

Specialty Wine (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Chair Covers (1)
34 The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak Reviews

We recently got married at the Clubhouse at Boundary Oak in October of 2017. I cannot say enough about how much my husband and I loved both the venue and the staff! We had our ceremony at the lakeside ceremony site, our cocktail hour in the Mira Vista room, and our reception in the Celebration room. Every staff member that I interacted with was friendly, efficient, and helpful. The Catering director was responsive during our initial contract discussions, and worked with me to fit everything into our budget, even before we signed the dotted line! Their packages are extremely reasonable based on my research, especially on Friday or Sunday. The tables, basic chairs, linens and napkins, staff (including day of coordination), food, set up and break down are all included, not to mention FLOOR LENGTH linens as the default! They offer lots of luxe upgrades if you want them, but we actually went with the Gold package, and our only upgrade was to buffet instead of plated and everything was gorgeous! We did end up scoring a few upgrades for free though :) We worked closely with Charlene, our onsite and day of coordinator, and she was extremely responsive and very flexible and helpful! She worked with us on every detail, and had great suggestions for keeping things in our budget, while still getting everything we wanted! The day went off without a hitch, and we could not have been happier with how everything came together! If you have a modest budget and big wedding dreams, I whole-heartedly recommend Boundary Oak!

Photo for The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak Review - Lakeside ceremony
Photo for The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak Review - venue centerpieces that we rented (flowers added)
Photo for The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak Review - The Celebration room
Photo for The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak Review - Portraits by their 300 year old Oak!
Profile Picture Melissa, 10/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Make sure to check out the venue first and be thorough on the contract.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From our first contact with Boundary Oak, we were impressed with the high level of customer service. We're so happy that we chose this venue for both our ceremony & reception. The grounds made for a beautiful ceremony by the lake & the guests had plenty of space to mingle. Charlene was a great help in keeping us on top of tasks & timelines. The option of having a large bridal suite was just an extra benefit that was great to have. From the prep in the bridal suite, to first look photos at the boundary oak, to the lakeside ceremony site, followed by the cocktail hour & reception, everything flowed smoothly & we just enjoyed ourselves from the beginning. We couldn't ask for better service & people to work with. THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Rhodora, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This review is long overdue...we had out beautiful wedding here on August 6, 2016! We just love this venue. Katie & Charlene are the best event coordinators!!!! They were so attentive to us from the first day that we came to tour the venue! They are very professional along with the rest of the staff. The rehearsal dinner food was delicious (taco bar) and the wedding reception was perfect! Our guests said the buffett was tasty and the dj kept the party going! We had a cash bar. If you're looking to get married here, I recommend this place. We chose the site outside next to the pond w/waterfall. BEAUTIFUL!!!! It was worth every penny we paid! :-)

Profile Picture Marie, 8/6/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

All I have to say is Wow. I would give 10 stars if I could! My husband and I got married at Boundary Oaks in June and our experience throughout the entire process was amazing. We went to 10+ venues around the Bay Area and Boundary Oaks definitely stood out for several reasons. It was by far the best decision I made throughout the wedding planning process.

The venue is beautiful. I loved the outdoor ceremony site with the fountain in the back, while the reception was indoors in the Clubhouse directly behind the ceremony site. There is also a large bridal suite that overlooks the ceremony site so you can see everything that is going on outside while people on the outside can't see in. The cocktail hour also takes place inside the Clubhouse that has a balcony area which overlooks the golf course. Overall, I loved that everything was in one place so it's not only easy for the bridal party to get ready there, but easy on guests as they only have one location to stay at throughout the entire wedding.

I also can't say enough great things about Charlene and Katie. They were seriously the best. I have never worked with such amazing people and they are definitely the main reason why our experience with the venue was so wonderful! Throughout the entire wedding process, I kept telling everyone that our venue coordinators were the ones that were keeping me sane and I never once had to stress about working with Boundary Oak because I trusted them 100%.

I honestly can go on and on about how great our experience was here, but the character limit won't let me on here. If you are looking for a venue in the Bay Area, I highly recommend checking out Boundary Oaks. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture User7140066, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married at this venue on 5/21/2016 and our experience here was top notch.

We booked the venue a year in advance (April 2015) just weeks after we got engaged. We knew that if we wanted a great venue we would have to act quickly and so glad we did. We worked with Charlene and Katie while planning the entire wedding and they were amazing. They were both so quick to respond to emails and phone calls even on their days off! It was crazy!

The venue is gorgeous and has a huge bridal suite that over looks the ceremony site so you can watch your guests arrive, but they can't see in. They have recently remodeled some stuff like the bathrooms, reception site, new ceremony arch etc.

Our guests kept coming up to us asking how we came across the place because they fell in love with it too! The food was delicious and that wasn't only us that thought so, our guest commented numerous times about how amazing the food was.

If we were to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing (except to rent it for another hour because the party was still going haha.)

Seriously if you are looking for a wedding venue, just stop your search when you get to this place. It's amazing and the staff is wonderful!

Profile Picture stacey, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Indoor

KATIE AND CHARLENE WERE AWESOME!!! I REALLY LIKED THAT THE FLORIST/ FOOD/ DJ WERE ALL INCLUDED... THEY ALSO RECOMMENDED THE BAKERY BUT IT WAS NOT A REQUIREMENT THAT I USED THAT ONE--- HOWEVER, I'M GLAD I DID!!! EVERYTHING WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! AND THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!! PEOPLE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT...

Profile Picture User6290436, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables
1.6

I was hoping to love this place..........from the pictures it looks beautiful and that Oak Tree is amazing BUT when I went for my appointment with Katie (who was great) I was sadly disappointed from the moment I pulled up. The ceremony site is right next to where people tee off they put some shrubs up to try and block it but still a little weird. Secondly the parking is literally in the background they show a lot of pictures of the beautiful water feature which is there but fail to show that on the right is the parking lot!!!!! It's very noisy with lots of traffic apparently from what she said you may also see cops rolling through to go to the shooting range on the other side???? Not my idea of a ceremony site.

Ok so by this point we have walked in and the first thing that catches my eye is how dirty the carpets are not only are they very worn and dirty they are very old! Not what I was expecting from a seems 4-5 star venue. You'd think they would replace or get the carpets wash???There is different flooring throughout this venue which makes it very choppy and not neat.

We then sit down to get some pricing and beforehand I had told her that my party only consisted of 60 people apparently they like to keep there minimum at 8k they were willing to flex if I wanted April but by this point I was ready to leave. I was extremely disappointed I am sure it showed. Trying to plan a wedding all inclusive under 12k so there price didn't work. But they don't explain there minimum on the brochure so you wouldn't know unless you go. Plus you have to share the office with another event coordinator so we felt like we were talking over other people during going through pricing and what not. The office was not appealing very unorganized and dirty. Not Katie's fault she did explain everything well she was probably the best part of the venue......

Do not recommend.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved having my entire wedding at the Boundary Oak. Katie and Charlene were wonderful to work with. Quite a few of my guests complimented on how beautiful the venue was. The people at this venue will make sure to work very closely with you and you will not be disappointed. There is a huge bridal suite for the bride to get ready, a beautiful outdoor ceremony area, spacious cocktail hour area, and a great ballroom with a HUGE dance floor. Please go check out this venue!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/6/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is gorgeous! The golf course, the giant oak tree, The Clubhouse.

We held our wedding here on November 2014. We had our wedding ceremony at the golf course and reception in the ballroom. Everything turned out wonderful!

The ladies that helped me with the wedding planning were both so amazing! They would follow-up with me just at the right times without being pushy. They just want to make sure everything goes the way I wanted it to be. Very detail oriented and organized. Although, there was a little confusion about chair covers (twice), but they made sure by double checking what package we got for our wedding. They are not afraid to apologize if they made a mistake or if there were little misunderstandings. I can't imagine how busy these ladies get trying to organize every function so little mistakes/confusion are bound to happen. With the ladies great organization skills, everything will turn out great, just trust them! I did not have to worry about helping at all with setting up the reception hallway with all the props I brought the day before, or setup inside the ballroom for the reception. They took care of everything while I got ready in the large bridal suite, stocked up with bubbly, variety if cheeses and crackers for the ladies to enjoy. The whole staff at Boundary Oak are exceptional. They made our wedding very speciall and turned out perfect!

Thank you Boundary Oak for making it happen for us!

Profile Picture Tina, 11/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wife and I had our reception here on 10/25/14. We were more than pleased with the overall service. Emily and Charlene were both great to work with. They were very helpful with the planning and coordination of everything along the way which made it easy on us. The venue was set up beautifully. Everyone raved about the view from the mira vista room during cocktail hour. The food was excellent. We had upgraded the beef and everyone couldn't stop taking about how great the food was. We would absolutely recommend this venue for a wedding or any other type of reception or event.

Profile Picture Meaghan , 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We met up and contacted our liaisons at the Clubhouse. Emily and Charlene were so helpful in helping us with planning wedding details and making sure the schedule was the way we wanted it for the wedding. We had a smooth time taste-testing the food that they would cater for the wedding. We liked the linens and table setting as well. The price and package was great since we negotiated a little with them.

Our wedding ceremony was held outdoors by the trellis. The view of the golf course and fountain was most beautiful! Our cocktail hour was in the clubhouse room overlooking the golf course which was lovely. We had our photo booth in that room. We had our family and friends photos by the trellis after the ceremony. Following, we had couple photos with our photographer by the boundary oak tree and we were allowed to drive a golf cart down, which was super fun!

The reception room was lovely with soft lighting and our red and cream color theme. The champagne toast was great, the food, and our additional vendors of a chocolate fountain fondue station. We also made use of the projector for our slide show. We had a sweetheart table which they decorated with candles and there was a nice silver sparkly decor behind us.

I loved this venue and fell in love with it after we viewed many in the bay area. This was the perfect place for us.

Profile Picture User4120587, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married on 9/27/14 at The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak. Emily and Charlene were fantastic to work with. They were responsive, and supportive throughout the entire process from beginning to end. We could not have done this without them. Our wedding turned out beautifully and our wedding guests were thoroughly impressed with the venue, food, and great service from the servers. It was definitely one of my proudest moments in life. We highly recommend this wedding venue!

Profile Picture Sheri, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Clubhouse at Boundary Oak is a beautiful venue for both the Ceremony & Reception. Emily & Charlene work hard to make sure the bride & groom are happy and that the guests have a fabulous time on your big day!

Profile Picture Toinana, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My fiancé and I booked our wedding date in January for a September wedding. I couldn't have asked for a more smooth and stress free process. Charlene and Emily were on top of everything, making sure all aspects of the on-site wedding details were taken care of. I never felt like something wasn't going to get done or that there were communication issues. These wonderful ladies are on top of it. On the day of the wedding, the bridal suite became like a pre-party, getting the bridal party, myself, and family ready for the big night. The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. The entire staff that night was wonderful and service was impeccable. My husband and I were able to enjoy the night and able to focus on celebrating with friends and family. A great added bonus was the beautiful pictures taken by the oak tree after the reception By our photographer. It was such a gorgeous place to take our first pictures as husband and wife.

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding on August 31, 2014 and we couldn't be happier that we had our wedding at Boundary Oaks! We had shopped around at a few locations but Boundary Oaks blew us away - from the beautiful location/scenery, to the great food, to the wonderful staff (especially Emily and Charlene)! Location/Scenery - Stunning! Our ceremony was outside and the scenery was so beautiful that we barely had to decorate! It was a hot August day but our guests were so thankful to have cold water/champagne at the ceremony site to keep them nice and cool. The ballroom was the perfect size and chairs/tables/etc all looked perfect! Food - tasted exactly as we expected on our wedding night from our tasting. Our guests were talking about how great the passed hors d'oeuvres were - and they even set aside some for us at our seats since we didn't have time to try it during cocktail hour! Emily and Charlene - They were such a pleasure to work with - always responsive, extremely accommodating and thoughtful and I swear they bent over backwards to make the wedding as easy as possible for us. They kept me up to date on everything without me having to ask and they reminded me of important dates and information. I could go on and on about Emily and Charlene and how much they did for us but this review would never end! All I can say is Boundary Oaks is very lucky to have such a great duo! Thanks Emily and Charlene !

My only nitpick - I had a friend helping to ensure that everything went as we wished and during set up, the set up staff missed the bread plates for two of our tables. But they quickly fixed it when my friend mentioned it to them.

Profile Picture Linda, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Charlene and Emily worked with my husband and I tirelessly to create a beautiful wedding. We must have emailed them hundreds of times, but each time they were kind and helpful. The day was wonderful, and I am very glad we chose this venue.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at the Clubhouse in June, and it was fantastic. The women that work in the event center were such a pleasure to work with. They stayed on top of due dates and scheduling so I didn't miss any important dates. They were also very forth-coming about any questions that I had.
I wanted a venue that had an outside area for the ceremony- with chairs, plugs for a DJ, and a nice view. I also needed a bridal suite for my bridesmaids and myself to get ready and a ballroom for the reception. When I first saw the ballroom, I thought it looked like every other one, so I opted to get uplighting from my DJ and that TOTALLY made that room shine.
The Clubhouse let my husband and I take goft carts to the big oak tree a bit away to take some nice photos, and we got a great deal on the open bar.
The food was amazingly good, and we got to have a free tasting for the two of us beforehand so we could choose entrees, etc. We had the venue for several hours- late into the night, so I didn't feel rushed. The venue was very accommodating to random requests - like giving my bridesmaid a private area to feed her newly born baby. They have tons of free parking, and all the supplies you'd need comes in the package price. I opted to upgrade the chairs to Chivari through them - it was well worth the price.
My only nitpicks - there was no plate or silverware at the cake table for cutting, so we ate our cake off the serving ware. And we didn't get to try all the appetizers, because we got to the cocktail hour later on (apparently one of our groomsmen was stalking the waiters, so a lot of our guests didn't get to try all the apps either). My suggestion would be to keep apps covered until the waiter is in the center of the room and save several for the b+g in the bridal suite or at the reception sweetheart table so we'd get to have them. I know my husband was a little annoyed he didn't get to try them. I got to try two that were saved in the suite - but we had a total of 6 apps.

Profile Picture shannon, 6/14/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at the clubhouse nov 2013 I couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding here. The staff is very friendly very easy to work with and the food is fantastic!! If I had to do it over again without a doubt I would book this venue again! Also our wedding pictures look amazing with the sunset behind us on the golf course.

Profile Picture Tawnya, 11/9/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married in October of this year, and Boundary Oak and their staff are truly remarkable. Charlene and Emily are both prompt, well organized, and always there to help in any way they can – even on their days off. From the first tour we took of the venue, I always felt like I had 100% of their attention, and never felt like I was just a number.
I am not a huge planner. The thought of planning my own wedding was a daunting task. My friends provided me a wedding planning book with a timeline; after leafing through it once and getting overwhelmed, it sat on my nightstand gathering dust. But, even for the non-planner like me, Boundary Oak made the process as easy and straightforward as possible. It was even enjoyable!
On our first visit Emily showed us around. She was very thorough, and took the time to answer any questions we might have. The ceremony site is one of the first things you see as you walk up from the parking lot. The arch they have is set up all year round, so it was nice to be able to get a feel for what your ceremony would be like. The Celebration Ballroom, where the reception took place, is a good size with a large dance floor in the middle. We had a setup for 170 people, and everyone fit in comfortably with lots of room to dance.
I worked with Charlene on the details of my day. She provided a checklist of questions, and helped me go over the entire thing step by step. She arranged a tasting for us, and all the food was delicious. There are also lots of vegetarian options. We did not get to taste these, but we ended up choosing the vegetable wellington for our vegetarian guests. They were very happy to find an actual meal on their plate that was tasty, and not just a plate with the protein taken away.
Our wedding day went very smoothly. Again, this place is truly a gem. If you’re looking for a venue that has everything in one package, I would highly recommend Boundary Oak.

Profile Picture Norma, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The golf course, view, location, staff and services were excellent. Charlene and Jeff treated my wife and I with so much care abd there service was best in the business. The grounds, ceremony and reception were perfect for our entire day. I recommend them as top 10 in the Bay Area.

Profile Picture User3623635, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My daughter was married here last weekend and the entire event could not have been any better! Both Emily and Charlene completely have everything under control and made the day run perfectly. The weather was wonderful, the Mira/Vista rooms were set up so beautifully - my daughter had the wedding of her dreams! Love these ladies and love this venue!

Profile Picture Donna, 7/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a great time getting married at Boundary Oak. Emily and Charlene are like complimentary wedding planners that are there to help you from the time you come in wondering if this venue is right for you all the way to helping usher guests around on your wedding day. Almost single (or dual) handedly, they make this venue a great place to get married. No question is too minor for them. They never make you feel petty or small. They are awesome.

The view of the fountain and the hills in the background is great. It is as great if not better in person than in the photos.

The "mira" and "vista" rooms that other reviewers mentioned are as great as they claim. They have ceiling to floor windows that overlook the course, fountain and hills and are a great place for a cocktail hour or reception depending on your size.

In the summertime, Walnut Creek can get hot, so keep that in mind as your ceremony will be outside. We got parasols for our guests and they loved them. The high on our day was in the low to mid 80s, and our guests said it was warm, but no uncomfortable (esp with the parasols). Not to mention our ceremony was one hour long.

We had 200 guests in the main reception area for dinner, and that was a comfortable fit. More than that for dinner would be tight.

The food overall was tasty. Chef Arturo was flexible in making a custom menu for us. Some items were exceptional (he made great veggie samosas), but other custom items we asked for were okay, not great. Overall though, the food was good and our guests commented on it being good.

The staff was flexible the day of. I asked them at 10:50pm to extend everything an additional 30 min to 11:30pm because people were really loving the dancing and they did that. (When our guests lingered and talked till 11:45pm, they started getting a little impatient, but that's understandable. :))

Overall we were very satisfied with our choice of the Clubhouse at Boundary Oaks.

Profile Picture User3477473, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My mother made my husband and i look at 12 different venues before we were able to pick a site for our wedding. While this was one of the last ones we looked at we knew right away that this was going to be the place. I was able to set up an appointment with Emily to view the venue with just a few emails. While we were looking at the venue they were very friendly and we were able to meet some of the other employees that would be there the day of the wedding should we choose their site. We were also invited back later that day or another weekend to see what their site looked like all set up. During the planning of the wedding, Charlene was very helpful. Whenever i had a question about anything I would just send an email and get a response usually within the same day or the following day. There were also a few times when I would get a response from her on her day off. We did both our rehearsal dinner and full wedding there. Emily and Charlene both made planning my wedding fun and easy. I was never worried about anything. My father only drinks white Zinfandel, which they do not normally serve but they made sure to have six bottles on hand for my rehearsal dinner and wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding.

Profile Picture User3407629, 2+ years ago, 1 Review