The Classic Catering People Reviews

147 | Owings Mills, MD

147 Reviews for The Classic Catering People

Timothy Kapinos · Married on 12/06/2018

A Most Spectacular Event!!

We had our daughter's wedding at the Peabody in October. We contacted Classic Catering in Baltimore. From the very start Lynn Piette helped us. From the choosing of the tablecloths to the selection of the myriad of food choices, she was amazing. A true professional. The hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour were absolutely delicious. They never stopped serving them which was so important to us. Everybody raved about the food. Not only how delicious everything was but also the presentation. The desserts were delectable! Everything ran smoothly without a hitch. We were so impressed with the organization and overall service we received by all the employees. Spectacular!! Thank you Peabody and Classic Catering!!
    Joanie & Tim Kapinos

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2018

Exceptional Service with Personal Touches

I cannot sing the praises of Lynn and her team enough! From the beginning stages of planning, Lynn was very responsive via email and phone, walking me through the process, answering any questions we had, and providing suggestions at my request for catering decisions (like food and linens) and also for other vendors in the area that had worked well with her and my venue. The catering staff at the wedding were exceptionally professional, and totally saved the day by bringing me snacks when I forgot to eat prior to the ceremony due to nerves! Even after the wedding, Lynn has been helpful and responsive. She truly cares about her clients, and that shows in the personal touches that she added along the way to enhance our experience.

• Austin

Austin · Married on 09/21/2018

The Catering People that Have Your Back

The Classic Catering People were phenomenal and went above and beyond to make our day special!

I'll start off this review with the tasting; we have an allergy and they were very sensitive to it. They served us the entire meal: bread, appetizers, main course, and cake. It was some phenomenal food and service, and it really helped us determine what would be on the final meal and be sure that we liked what we were going to get!

At the event, their bar service was great, and they made some killer custom cocktails that we had requested. They cook all their food on-site, so everything was super fresh and well prepared. We opted to go with a different bakery for the cake (even though their wedding cake was really good), and Classic Catering was willing to cut and serve our cake for us, even though we had four separate flavors.

Finally, Classic Catering, and especially Kelly and Lynn, were super helpful with coordinating and taking care of our chair and linen rental, allowing us to not have to worry about the final details in the days leading up to our event. When our florist (and day of coordinator) suddenly bailed, Kelly and Lynn were going above and beyond to help build an archway of flowers, set out the table decorations, favors, and numbers, and all-around filled in to help make the event go smoothly. The event would not have been the same without Classic Catering, and their professionalism and courtesy should be well lauded!

• O

Olivia · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot say enough about Classic Catering People and Lynn Piette. Lynn was our account executive and she was amazing. From day one she was responsive to emails, open to our vision for our wedding, and ready to have a different menu for our wedding with a taco and slider bar. Lynn made sure I was a stress-free bride and was one of my saving graces throughout the wedding process. She was able to fit our tasting in on a holiday weekend as it fit my schedule best and made sure we were happy with the choices we made over the phone and email once we saw it in person. She understood our vision and executed it perfectly. The staff at C.C.P was phenomenal, especially Angie. Angie was at our tasting and made us feel welcome and taken care of. I was so happy that she worked our wedding and her presence was not missed on our guests. She made me feel at ease while getting ready and provided our guests with exceptional service. Lynn was beyond amazing on our wedding day. She was vital in making my vision and center pieces come to life in a very short period of time with the help of the rest of the catering staff. The staff was great - quick to refill food, check on guests, and keep the bar running. The chef(s) at C.C.P is a master at their job. We wanted something different and they were great at making that happen without sacrificing flavor and quality. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and all of the items they tried. My favorite part of the catering was our wedding cake. They took our wish and made it happen while incorporating our colors into the cake's design. I think the desserts were the favorite part of everyone's meal and we had many people say they had almost one of everything because it looked so good. I highly recommend C.C.P and their amazing team of people. I can't thank Lynn enough for all she did for us in making sure our day was fantastic.

Tom · Married on 07/21/2018

The Classic Catering People (CCP) and Lynn Piette, our point of contact, were absolutely incredible. Our wedding was at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore and we were given three options for caterers. Among all options, CCP was the most responsive, courteous, attentive, and professional. From the very start, Lynn demonstrated her expertise in guiding us through every step. Lynn is far more than a representative of CCP. She helped us with every part of our wedding and made sure everything was executed perfectly. We felt safe and secure knowing that Lynn was there for us. The quality of the food they made for our wedding day was above and beyond anything we've experienced. We have had experiences where we've been to weddings where the food was meager and unsatisfying but CCP does not play with it comes to food. All the dishes we chose were carefully created. One of our hors d'oeuvres was a Peking Duck pancake. My wife is Chinese and was in shock at how well they recreated an authentic taste. The service provided by everyone at CCP was incredible. My wife and I were treated like royalty the entire night. When we weren't able to join the cocktail hour, a member of CCP prepared hors d'oeuvres and drinks for us and made sure we could enjoy everything. Catering is a major portion of the total cost of a wedding but when choosing Classic Catering, it is money well spent!

Thank you so much to Lynn and everyone else at the Classic Catering People. You gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 08/01/2018

The Classic Catering People's reply:

Xinyi and Tom, Good afternoon and thank you so much for the nice shout out to Lynn and her team. I've often said the most important word in our company name is the word people. The Classic Catering People is indeed made up of a group of remarkable hospitality professionals and I' so grateful that you mentioned that. I'm sure our Chef would be glad to share the recipe for the Peking Duck, I just warn you, the time it takes to prepare 100 or more may be a little overwhelming. My best to the two of you and thanks again for allowing us to cater for you, Larry Frank Partner The Classic Catering People

David · Married on 06/23/2018

We worked with Bobby Pressman and Larry Frank at Classic Catering to plan our wedding at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore. We were planning things from long distance and on a very tight budget, so we were likely difficult to work with. Nonetheless, Bobby and Larry did a fantastic job! Chef John provided amazing food--the taste and the presentation were both incredible. Our guests loved the food. We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without them and I recommend Classic, not just for the food, but for the whole experience. Do yourself a favor and give Bobby and Larry a call!

C · Married on 06/02/2018

The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Lynn and all her staff were lovely to work with, very professional and attentive to all our guests for our daughter's wedding.

Arif · Married on 04/27/2018

Best decision ever! We held our wedding at Peabody Library in Baltimore and going with Classic was a delight from start to finish. At our first visit, they fed us lunch and gave us chocolate strawberries as a token of appreciation. Lynn was so accommodating to our countless requests, including dietary restrictions. They even were able to find halal duck! Our guests are still talking about their mouth watering braised beef short rib as well as their decadent crab cakes. The crab cakes were more full of crab then any other crab cake I've eaten, and guests received two of them! We went with the following appetizers - Nashville chicken hot slider, veggie samosa, Peking duck pancake, Mediterranean shrimp cocktail, empanadas, and Mahi Mahi fish taco. Everything was delicious! Don't get us started on the deserts. The assortment buffet of desserts was totally worth it. Still thinking about the peanut butter s’mores and the various cheesecake bites. Some wedding cakes can be dry and boring, but we received several compliments on how that was the best wedding cake guests have had (we went with raspberry filling, butter cream frosting, marble cake). My wife and I come from multi-cultural foodie families and Lynn made sure that everything was just perfect to our taste buds and palates. She did a fantastic job working with our day-of-coordinator and making sure everything was set on time on our big day. The servers all had a smile on their face and were happy to be there, which to me is always important. The linens worked perfectly with our florist's decor. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and if you need a caterer for your wedding or any party, DO NOT HESITATE TO GO WITH CLASSIC!

Dana · Married on 02/16/2018

When booking the Peabody Library for our wedding, we knew that the venue limited our choice of caterer to one of three pre-approved companies, which made sense given that the on-site caterer has to literally cook in the librarian's office. We met with the two Maryland-based approved caterers and were blown away by CCP's (specifically Lynn, who handles all Peabody events) enthusiasm, responsiveness and interest in working to match our vision.

I feel like we've probably sent Lynn hundreds (?) of emails over the past several months, but EVERY SINGLE ONE was replied to in a timely fashion and in the most accommodating and professional manner. Lynn worked with us to tweak our entree selection until it was just right, helped coordinate some special beverage options and worked so well with the rest of our vendor/coordinator team.

Plus, the insight that Lynn had in working at the Peabody for so many years proved to be invaluable - everything from layout of the space to rules, do's/don'ts and lighting & decor suggestions. Beyond the catering specifics, Lynn was also just such a calming presence and we really had the utmost confidence in her team.

Many of our guests remarked how great the food was, and in particular, how wonderful the service team was. The servers and bartenders were friendly and accommodating; they even (unbeknownst to us) marked guests who had dietary restrictions that required special meals with a flower at their place setting. I thought this was such a special touch - way more beautiful & personal that having a generic place card.

Gail, an owner/partner of CCP, also worked our event to help ensure that everything ran as smooth as possible. We didn't know she would be at our wedding (and it would not be reasonable to expect that she work all CCP events), but it did mean a lot to know that she valued being there.

We don't plan on getting married again, but I do look forward to future opportunities to work with Lynn and the CCP team again.

Sent on 02/26/2018

The Classic Catering People's reply:

Dana, What a beautiful shout out to Lynn and our People of The Classic Catering People. I’m so proud to work with each and everyone of them. Congrats to you and wishing you all the best.

Barbara · Married on 10/07/2017

This is the best caterer in the MD, maybe everywhere! Nicole Van Natta was amazing, knowledgable and professional. The food was fabulous, the service perfection and the entire event was wonderful. Thanks Nicole and all of the staff for making our daughter's wedding so memorable

Annie · Married on 09/30/2017

We used Classic Catering for our wedding at the Peabody and they were amazing! Everyone raved about how good the food was and Lynn was great to work with. She picked up on every detail I wanted and mentioned during the tasting and helped us pick unique touches while still being price conscious. They were also super accommodating with any special food or beverages we wanted to add to their standard packages. Lynn also recommended our day of coordinator who was amazing and a few other vendors to us. Classic also did our wedding cake which was beautiful and delicious, it was nice to have it all-inclusive! I would definitely recommend Classic Catering if you're looking for a sophisticated and well respected caterer in the area!

Katlin · Married on 06/03/2017

We just used Classic for our wedding at Peabody Library- they were amazing! All of our guests have raved about the food - from the grilled cheese and tomato soup apps to the steak being perfectly cooked. Lynn was so helpful through the entire process, and went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out as planned!

• Diana

Diana · Married on 05/27/2017

One of the most important parts of your wedding and (most expensive) is your catering. This is one of the reasons why choosing the right caterer is so important. The process of catering and deciding who to cater your wedding can be daunting, especially when you think of how hungry your guests are by the end of the evening.

Classic Catering was, by far, a great company to work with. Lynn Piette of Classic Catering not only helped us coordinate a classy event but throughout the process of planning the wedding, she took on the role of caring mother and event planner especially since my own mother lived miles away (like mom did) and could not help with some of minor details and having never married off another child, didn’t know all there was to think about.

Lynn heard exactly what our likes were, what dishes we really wanted to include and how we wanted to incorporate our diverse, Indian, Armenian, and Scottish background into event meals that were delish! The hors derves during the cocktail hour were probably my favorite part of the wedding meals. The best part was that one of her waiting staff was around to make sure we had eaten the entire night, even after the ceremony and in the moments between our ceremony and reception when we took a much needed escape to take some respite in the changing room.

Lynn helped with everything! She made sure all of our day of decor looked beautiful, she ran a tight ship and ensured that our bar was fully stocked not only with our signature drink but also our alcohol that our guests really enjoyed.

Everything from the Airline Chicken Tandoori breast, homemade hummus and naan, and greek salad added such a unique, warm touch to our wedding.

Nora · Married on 03/11/2017

For our wedding at The George Peabody Library in Baltimore, MD, the team at The Classic Catering People went ABOVE and BEYOND to exceed all of our expectations. Not only was the food absolutely delicious (we recommend the short ribs!), but the service was magnificent. Our account executive, Lynn Piette was extremely organized and displayed true attention to the details. Empty glasses and dirty plates simply did not exist at our wedding. Moreover, there was never a line at the bar-- due to the swift service that Classic provided. We highly recommend for ANY event that you may have.

Diane · Married on 03/03/2017

David from Classic Catering took care of us from Day 1 once we had booked at the George Peabody Library. We were able to have a tasting with David a few months out from the wedding. He sent us a menu in advance with so many delicious options we had a hard time picking the ones we wanted as choices! We wanted to have food that was local to the region and David respected that and took special care to bring that to our menu. I still have guests messaging me about the bacon wrapped scallops! Guests were so pleased they were able to try all 6 hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour. The waiters worked in pairs where one person carried the tray and another person followed quickly behind to take napkins or toothpicks from guests hands. The open bar had a great selection and guests never worried about an empty glass. David made sure that one waiter was assigned to my husband and I for the entire night. We had a special plate of all the pickings we could want and they knew our favorite drink to constantly refill. Some couples complain that they didn't have a chance to even sit and eat at their reception, but David made sure that was not the case for us. Our food arrived first and every bite was delicious! David's team also made our cake which was so rich and incredible! I already want to break into the top tier, but I know I am supposed to save it until our anniversary! David was so thoughtful and involved in our special day. He came to meetings with our wedding planner (All the Dainty Details), he introduced us to our florist (Simply Beautiful Flowers), and he even went by her shop on the day of the rehearsal and made a special bouquet for me to use to practice walking with. From the start to the finish, I loved working with Classic Catering People and if you are getting married in the area, you MUST work with them, too!

Samantha · Married on 12/02/2016

Classic Catering was one of 3 caterers that we could chose from for our venue (George Peabody Library). We couldn't have been happier with how things turned out. Lynn Piette, our contact, has been doing weddings at the George Peabody Library for years so she is very familiar with the venue and all of their rules which was very helpful. When we went in for our first meeting Lynn had lunch ready for us as a way for us to have a preview of their food & we were able to take home any of the leftovers that we wished to take. The tasting was just as good. My dad & stepmother who went with us also could not stop raving about the food. The day of food was absolutely amazing (people are still telling me how wonderful it was) and the service was excellent. My husband & I had an assigned server who made sure we had all the food & drinks we wanted all night.

Lynn was always very quick to respond to my emails (obviously they are busy on weekends as that is when they work most but even then I had a response in my inbox first thing Monday morning). She also was great in that if needed she would have been the point of contact for our venue (our venue requires one) and before we had decided on hiring a wedding planner she said that if we ended up not getting one she would be happy to help get everyone down the aisle. She also made sure to coordinate with all our other vendors and she was happy to recommend any vendors that we still had not booked. And an excellent way of showing, in my mind, how wonderful Lynn was is that her son got married the weekend before our wedding and she was still able to provide excellent support and communication. Before that weekend she sent me an email saying that while she would have limited access to email the day of and day after she said that for brides she would make herself available by cell phone if I needed anything. That is excellent service in my mind.

I will be recommending Classic Catering for years to come.

Steven · Married on 11/26/2016

My wife and I used the Classic Catering People for our wedding and it was the best decision we made besides saying "I Do" to each other!

Lynn Piette was our account executive and she made everything easy! Lynn was very responsive and accessible and helped us with the following: Vendor Selection, Timeline, Food and Beverages, Decorations, and Rehearsal. Lynn was very patient with us and helped us understand everything that was involved with the wedding planning experience.

Our wedding was beautiful, elegant, and everything we could have asked for! We highly recommend Lynn and the Classic Catering People to any engaged couple!

Emily · Married on 11/18/2016

Classic Catering is top notch from start to finish!! If you have a wedding in MD and have the option to use them, you HAVE TO. They are worth every penny and go above and beyond in every aspect of the wedding. They take pride in their work, train their staff to a T, and I cannot forget to mention their food is amaaazing. Even my father-in-law who thinks everyone who has a wedding, overpays, admitted that this was 100% worth it! We received so many compliments about the cocktail hour and dinner items. Not only was the food great, but the bar and table service was on-point. My friends said that during our many speeches, the servers would continue to fill up wine glasses so no one was thirsty or bored :-)

I worked with David throughout the process and he was an absolute delight. He was quick to respond to any questions, was very helpful in deciding on details, and he even put on my veil (which I had forgotten on another floor) before I walked down the aisle! What I noted the most is that he would help smooth over issues with our venue. Our venue was the Lord Baltimore Hotel and they could have cared less if there was a wedding there but David made sure that we still felt special and that everything went off without a hitch. The hotel even lost our votives, menus and place cards that were dropped off the day before the wedding and David ran around to every closet in the whole hotel to locate them since the staff was so incompetent. They admitted that 15 minutes before the wedding started, so he really was sprinting!

When another issue during planning rooms with the hotel came up, the Classic owner stepped in and attended a meeting between us and the hotel just to make sure everything went smoothly. This is totally above and beyond, and he wanted to be there to make sure we were treated well and the hotel did not lie again about room block issues. Truly caring for your customers is something that tends to be lost in this industry so that is so appreciated.

alexis · Married on 11/12/2016

We used Classic Catering for our sons wedding at the Lord Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore. It was perfect!! Our primary contact was David Atkinson who worked with Larry Frank, and they bent over backwards to give us just what we asked for. It was a pleasure from the Tasting through the coordination of events until the Big day - no hitches! The food was delicious, the cocktail hour was fantastic - where the food just kept coming, and the alcohol never ran out- If you had any special requests they did whatever we requested. Great staff to help make the entire evening just go way too fast. And the wedding cake they provided was AMAZING!
    I would so recommend using Classic Catering for your wedding, or any other events you have - even classic to go. I cannot thank them enough for they part in making our wedding so very special!!

Kelly · Married on 11/12/2016

I honestly don't know where to begin! Lynn and her team at The Classic Catering People were beyond fantastic! From our first initial meeting, I had no doubt that CCP was going to be my top choice for catering. Lynn and her team made us feel welcome from the moment we walked through the door. She listened to every thought, plan and idea we had and was somehow able to incorporate all of our requests! I thought this was impossible since by father is very picky about food. Through the entire planning process and up until a month out from the wedding, Lynn was able to accommodate every last minute change, which was amazing! She even was able to provide us with suggestions and feedback based on her experience with past weddings.
    I have heard nothing but great things from my other vendors as well. They said that every single Classic Catering Employee was easy and delightful to work with! Now the food, OH MY GOSH, amazing! From the appetizers, to the main course and even the dessert! Everything was delicious! As the bride and groom, we did not have a problem of "not eating during our wedding". Macy and her onsite team made sure my husband and I had everything we needed! It was amazing! My guests have also raved about the food and most importantly, the wondering customer service from the onsite CCP team! It makes me smile to know that my guests were beyond satisfied! Everyone at CCP made my wedding planning process easy and my day of worries disappear! I could not have asked for a better experience and I will definitely let my friends know that Lynn, Marcy and the CCP team are the best of the best! I cannot thank them enough for everything they did!!

Crystal · Married on 11/05/2016

Classic Catering People was Amazing! Lynn Piette and her team were great from start to finish. They welcomed us and created a great experience for our tasting. Lynn helped organize and coordinate everything from the table settings and decorations to the other vendors. Finally, the food was superb! We had multiple guests tell us that the food was the best they've ever had at a wedding. We would recommend Classic and Lynn to anyone else who is trying to decide on a caterer for your wedding, especially if you are planning a wedding at the Peabody Library. Of the 3 preferred vendors, Classic came the most highly recommended and was very responsive and friendly.

• Allison

Allison · Married on 10/09/2016

Six months after our wedding people are still commenting on the quality of the food delivered by Classic Catering for our special day. From the sumptuous appetizers to the tasty main dishes, Classic's food was the stuff of an epicurean dream. For the cocktail hour, we got to enjoy a selection of tandoori lamb, Korean BBQ sliders, mac and cheese cups, spanakopita as well as mini crab cakes. (Get the tandoori lamb, you'll thank us.) For our main dishes, we had the chicken, the salmon and a puff pastry mushroom dish for our vegetarian guests. Before clearing the plates for our cake and to sustain the dancers on the dance floor, Classic provided everyone with milk and cookies. People had a lot of fun with that in between songs.

The difference between a good vendor and great vendor is people. The human factor, the character and the quality of the people whom you are paying for services rendered. We planned the entirety of our wedding without a wedding planner, and Lynn from Classic, with her experience, care and professionalism, was invaluable in helping us to plan and coordinate the day. From the personal touch, to the quality of food, down to the set-up of our table arrangements, Classic Catering was an outstanding choice. I have no doubt we owe much of the success of our wedding to Classic and all the people involved.

Colleen · Married on 10/08/2016

We worked with Kelly at Classic for our wedding and it was an absolute pleasure! She helped us to plan a fun and creative menu of stations that was exactly what we wanted! Our friends and family are still telling us that it was the best wedding food they've ever had! Kelly is incredibly friendly and easy to work with - she's very responsive and quick with both fun and practical suggestions and advice. Her staff were also wonderful! They made sure that my husband and I and our parents had the opportunity to try all the appetizers - they brought us out a special tray while we were taking photos. They also made sure that we ate during dinner and they we always had a drink if we wanted one. They were the best!! I can't recommend Classic enough!

Mark · Married on 09/03/2016

Between Larry Frank and Terri Young, we always knew it was going to turn out great and it was better than that. They dealt with a difficult, (non-standard) location that had shifting requirements and did it with a smile and no complaining. We had "A Taste of Classic" and the food was delectable, the service was always where we needed them and they anticipated needs we didn't know of. It was a let-down when the reception was over because everything had come off so well and beautifully. We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 09/23/2016

The Classic Catering People's reply:

Good evening, Terri and I along with our entire team we thrilled to help you celebrate. I will be sure to pass on your comments to "The People" of The Classic Catering People. They are the real stars.