The Classic Catering People Reviews

The Classic Catering People 5
  • Housetyrrell2020

Jacqueline · Getting married on 05/21/2020

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Jacqueline,

Thanks for the shout out. We wish you and your husband a safe trip and happy celebration! May I ask who you spoke with on my team?

Larry
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/02/2019

Incredible Food

David, Terri and their team were amazing! I had been working with David for over a year planning our food menu. Not only was their food outstanding, in the months leading up to our wedding, David was extremely helpful with suggestions on how to utilize the space for our ceremony and reception held at the Accelerator Space. He went above and beyond to ensure we were satisfied with every little detail. Our guests were so incredibly impressed with the food and drinks served at our wedding, and they are still talking about the amazing bacon twists at the bar. My husband and I can’t recommend David and his team enough- if you want great food served at your wedding that your guests will talk about for years to come, hire The Classic Catering People!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Pattie

Pattie Phillips · Married on 10/26/2019

Simply Amazing!

For our daughter’s wedding we selected Classic Catering.
    Our entrees were prepared to perfection and exquisitely presented. Many of our guests are still talking, weeks later, about how delicious all the food was!
    From our first meeting with David Atkinson, we had no doubt that we had picked the best.
    The tasting sessions were so delicious and beautifully presented. The hardest part was selecting from all the hors d’oeuvres and side dishes, but with David’s help, we came up with a perfect menu, and even then, Classic Catering far and away surpassed our highest expectations. We heard compliments throughout the evening from virtually everyone. Not just about the food, but the service as well.
    Although the food and presentation were unquestionably the most important part, Classic did so much more. They advised on every element of the reception and worked closely with us to optimally place tables to allow room for a six-piece band and a large dance floor. After agreeing on all the details, Classic coordinated everything. We were awestruck to see all the pieces come together so beautifully. Incredible!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Caity

Caity Mold-Zern · Married on 10/12/2019

The best wedding food EVER

Bobby and the Classic Catering team are AMAZING. The food was beyond amazing. We got so so many compliments. During the wedding our guests forced us to go back to our seats and eat the Filet because it was SOOO GOOD. They didn't want us to miss it while we were making our rounds. But of course the Classic team had already assigned someone just to me and my husband to make sure we always had a drink and food. It was just a dream! I am still getting compliments on the food. Everyone LOVED it. They are the best in Baltimore for a REASON!

Sent on 10/23/2019

The Classic Catering People's reply:

Thank you so much, Caity! What an amazing experience working on Caity & Nick’s wedding. It was an incredibly beautiful & fun wedding you did not want to end. We loved being a part of it!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2019

Phenomenal food with top tier service

Our wedding was everything and more than we could of asked for! Nicole had a huge part to do with that and we were both so happy to see that Nicole was able to make it by that evening. The amount of time Nicole spent with us making sure every detail was accounted for was phenomenal and made it so much more special the day of. Everyone raved about the food and how it was delicious and yet unique to reflect our favorite foods. Thank you so much for also the left overs! Made a great breakfast the morning after!!

Nicole and staff made everyone feel special. Our guests that had the specialized food due to allergies, vegan and vegetarians were OVER THE MOON! My one friend said this was one of the only weddings she has been to as a guest that she was able to eat something other than a Power Bar from her purse! So thank you so much for making that happen. I wish we could do it all over again just because of how amazing everyone that evening was from Classic Catering.

Also the dessert bar was a hit! Everyone loved the selection! We both were on the dance floor so much we only got to taste the amazing top tier of the cake you guys made sure was in our room :) That was awesome!!

I can only hope that we have the opportunity to be able to be at an event that Classic Catering will be a vendor of because again you as well as your entire staff made this amazing day so memorable. Even a month after the wedding we are still talking about the amazing food 😊

Sent on 11/23/2019

Sam and Bryce,

It was such a pleasure to work with both of you! I loved working through each detail with both of you. When I received multiple hugs from both of you on the night of, I knew we were a perfect fit for each other. And I’m still talking about your boxed water! Keep in touch! -Nicole
  • Victoria

Victoria McGrath · Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect Experience- AMAZING food!

Classic Catering really is the top of the line when it comes to catering in the Baltimore area. They are extremely professional, and it is so evident that their entire team cares about their clients. From the first email to the reception, they handled our event with such grace and care and we were blown away by the quality of the food and how stunning the event ended up being. Thank you so much to Lynn for her personalized touches along the way and pulling off a perfect reception. She really is the best at what she does! At the Peabody library they only work with a few caterers and it is clear that Classic feels at home there and can pull off the event of your dreams! Thank you classic, our guests were raving about the food and service and we will truly remember how amazing the night was for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 10/03/2019

The Classic Catering People's reply:

Thank you Victoria, we loved being a part of your wedding and helping it to be everything you wanted!
  • Paige

Paige & Mike Callahan · Married on 09/11/2019

Best caterer ever!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Nicole Van Natta at Classic Catering for our November wedding. From the very beginning, Nicole was a constant breath of fresh air. She made us feel completely at ease throughout the entire process, ensuring that all of the logistics would run smoothly. We knew from our tasting that the food would be incredible, but Nicole's professionalism, responsiveness, and willingness to do whatever it took to make us happy exceeded our expectations. When it came to the day of our wedding, I had multiple guests come up to me asking who was the caterer and commenting on the amazing service of the staff. On top of the great service our guests received, Nicole and the staff at Classic made sure that my husband and I were taken care of ALLLLL night. I can't say enough about Nicole, Classic, and our experience!!!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Paige and Mike,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure to work with both of you through this process. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together and I hope we keep in touch to see pictures to relive such an amazing evening!

Janet Kim · Married on 09/01/2019

Consummate professionals.

Classic Catering People was spectacular.   It’s our understanding that Classic is chosen approximately 90% of the time to cater Peabody weddings, and we completely understand why. David was our account executive, and he knows the library like the back of his hand. He knows which dishes can be made in the extremely limited catering facilities, and which dishes need to be avoided. He knows how to address all the crazy transportation logistics surrounding the venue. In addition to his depth of knowledge, David is always responsive and constantly accessible.  He charmed us at our first meeting and impressed us with the endless ways Classic could tailor the food menu and drink selection.   At our official tasting, he took detailed notes on our reactions, and even accompanied us to our tableware and linen vendor, giving us assuring advice on our final decisions.

On the wedding day itself, we experienced just how deeply Classic’s staff takes pride in their work. The food was fantastic, in variety and taste, and they far surpassed our expectations in the amazing bar service.  The waitstaff was unfailingly gracious, friendly, and kind (even briefly boogeying on our dance floor!). All night long, we received endless compliments about the cocktail hour, dinner menu, and drinks.

Our wedding reception was wonderful, and huge part of that is due to David and his team at the Classic Catering People. We truly cannot recommend them highly enough for anyone planning an event at the Peabody.

The Classic Catering People 6
    The Classic Catering People 7
    The Classic Catering People 8
    Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Patrick

Patrick Tarectecan · Married on 08/31/2019

Food and Service as Decadent as Our Wedding Venue

Bottomline upfront: The Classic Catering People were absolutely amazing. Not only did the food taste like we were dining at a Michelin-starred restaurant, but the staff was quick to refill waters, bus tables, and none of the guests had to wait long for their food.

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the historic George Peabody Library and were required to use one of three approved caterers. In our mind, there was only one choice to go with and that was The Class Catering People. We worked with Lynn Piette and from the get-go, her professionalism and hilarious personality put my parents, husband, and I at ease. She was even able to connect with my stepson who is a fellow Star Wars fan. My mom's biggest concern with the wedding was the food and making sure everyone was well feed. We are Filipino so it is a cardinal sin to have guests leave hungry! At our initial meeting, Lynn brought us a sampling of some of their food (per my mom's request) and asked us some questions that would eventually inform the food proposal. Lynn expertly came up with a menu that satisfied our Asian/Maryland/Surf and Turf theme for the food. We also worked with Classic for our Wedding cake and she helped us create a three-layered cake that satisfied my mom's, my husband's mom, and our favorite cake flavors where each tier had a different flavor: marble with mango cream, marble and chocolate, and carrot cake.

Throughout the development of our wedding reception, Lynn was there at meetings for the linens, the final meeting/walkthru with the Peabody, and communicative with us as we had questions or changes to the menu and guest list. At the wedding, everyone raved about delicious filet mignon and shrimp with crab imperial and even those who got the vegetarian meal were amazed at how delicious and filling the food was. Lynn also made sure that we were well taken care of while taking pictures outside in the August heat. She sent a server with ice cold glasses of water for us and our photographer and videographer. Before our big entrance at dinner, Lynn provided us a plate of all of the appetizers and helped us steal away a few moments to ourselves to enjoy the food and recharge for the rest of the night. Talk about full service! We had nothing to worry about except for remembering our dance moves for our first dance.

I cannot say enough good things about how happy we were to work with Lynn for our big day. Classics not only provided the most amazing meals for our wedding, they really went above and beyond to make our day absolutely magical!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Chris and Jamie Adams · Married on 07/09/2019

No One Else is Close

Larry, Nicole, and the entire Classic Family:
    THANK YOU! Our special day was made complete by your team.
    After visiting with a few caterers, it was not even close; Classic was on a different level.  From the moment we met with Nicole, we felt a part of their family.   We felt it necessary to check in on a few of our other vendors during the planning process.  This was never once the case with Classic.  Nicole, Larry, and the entire team handled everything flawlessly.  The time, effort, and attentiveness from Classic's entire staff removed our need for a wedding planner.  We had multiple opportunities to sample, adjust, and ensure that our cocktail style food service was exactly what we wanted (crab cakes - all jumbo lump, short ribs - as tender as we've ever tasted, meatballs - like my grandmother makes, plus the 7 different appetizers, the sides, the 3 dessert options and the warm milk and cookies).  My wife and I would love to take credit for this but those compliments are a direct reflection of Nicole, Larry, and the Classic family.  6 out of 5 on the food (you read that rating scale correctly...).
    Once we mapped the blueprint, Classic delivered above and beyond any expectation we set.  We provided unassigned seating for about 3/4 of our 220 guests.  Logistically, this should be a nightmare.  It wasn't. It was perfect.  The service at the wedding from set up to take down was unrivaled.  6 out of 5 on the service as well.  Polite, efficient, and always smiling.
    We could not speak more highly, or be more pleased with every person we encountered at Classic from planning to the week after check in.  We cannot recommend someone else for your event or special day, nor will we.  Our day was perfect and a large part of it is thanks to the peace of mind, incredible food, smiling service, and family orientated treatment provided by Classic.  Overall 6 out of 5.  Unbelievable, Unmatched, and Unforgettable.
    Nicole, Larry, and the entire team... THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/23/2019

A food experience you wont want to miss - hire classic!

When beginning to plan our wedding, I told my now husband the one requirement I had was that we use Classic Catering (a company my family has used my whole life) and boy did they not let us down!

We wanted a unique food experience for our wedding, not a buffet but not seated, and when working with David from Classic he immediately got that vision and saw it through with us. Everything we asked for David and Classic provided without hesitation and they went out of their way to call people in attendance with allergies and make sure that everyone was able to have a meal at our wedding. A month and a half later now and people are still talking about how amazing the food was.

During cocktail hour we were taking some time alone to process after a beautiful ceremony and Classic made sure to send someone in with all of the various food from cocktail hour so that we could eat. They went the extra mile to give us a personal server who was the sweetest woman! David even made sure to put special food at our table that I had requested.

The Classic Catering People are truly a company that we can’t recommend enough!

P.S. If you choose to work with Classic (which you should) make sure to ask about their candied bacon!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Brooke

Brooke Reynolds · Married on 06/09/2019

Best in Baltimore

We used Classic Catering for our wedding in June 2019 at the George Peabody Library. As restaurant owners, we have high expectations when it comes to food and service. Classic Catering delivered in all aspects. The food was excellent and service was top notch. Lynn Piette was our coordinator, and she is great! She was very responsive to emails and made this process very easy for us. On our wedding day we didn't have to worry about anything. We are very pleased with our experience with Classic Catering. Our guest are still talking about the food..especially the lobster rolls!

The Classic Catering People 9
    The Classic Catering People 10
    The Classic Catering People 11
    Sent on 07/29/2019

Keelah · Married on 06/01/2019

10/10 Amazing

I worked with Nicole at Classic Catering for my wedding at the National Aquarium. I have nothing but fantastic things to say about the experience from start to finish. Nicole was a joy to work with and I couldn't believe how seamless everything was for the actual event. Also really appreciated how willing they were to incorporate random requests and go above and beyond to make it really personalized.

Sent on 08/31/2019

Angela · Married on 03/22/2019

The Best in the Business

The venue we chose for our wedding had a list of three preferred caterers and I reached out the Classic Catering team after reading their amazing reviews online. We were not disappointed. Not only was the food amazing and raved about by all of our guests, but our coordinator (Lynn) was such a joy to work with. She really took the time to help us create a magical day. She was extremely responsive to emails and calls and went above and beyond to assure that the day went without a hitch.

On a personal note, Lynn was extremely thoughtful and kind during a time of difficulty in my family. An unexpected medical issue began during our wedding planning but she was very understanding and went so far as to send me a handwritten card wishing us the best and letting me know that she was thinking of my family. This speaks volumes to the quality of the people that this company puts forward.

In summary, if you are looking for a caterer in the Baltimore area, Classic Catering are your people.

Sent on 03/24/2019

Brandon Kopcienski · Married on 03/16/2019

High Quality Superb Service

We were married at the National Aquarium and although we were limited to choose between two vendors we could not have been happier with The Classic Catering People. Being from NY, food is a very important aspect of a wedding. The Classic Catering People absolutely surpassed our expectations and those of our very opinionated guests. From helping to choose the perfect menu to organizing the reception space, Nicole Van Natta and her crew were superb. We were even able to have food delivered to our hotel prior to the wedding for our bridal party to snack on while we got ready. If you have the opportunity to host an event in the Baltimore area, definitely give The Classic Catering People a call!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Brandon and Toni,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I’ll becsure to pass on your comments to Nicole and our team.

Wishing you much happiness and success,

Larry Frank
    Partner
    The Classic Catering People
  • Jessica

Jessica Ortenzio · Married on 03/02/2019

Extraordinary experience

Nicole and Larry took such great care of us!! The level of service, attention to detail, extra effort, and professionalism was excellent. We are truly grateful.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Jess,

It was absolutely our pleasure to cater for you and David. The vision you had and the production of Kate Taylor made our job fun.

All the best,

• Britney

Britney · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing food, highly professional!

Classic Catering People was phenomenal. Lynn is the best!! The food was amazing and so tasty. They allowed us to personalize the drinks at the wedding and we even requested dishes that weren't on the menu and they did it for us!! They were professional and very detail oriented. I loved working with them!

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Lynette

Lynette Sledge · Married on 02/11/2019

Sledge/Harris Wedding November 2, 2019

After selecting the George Peabody Library as the wedding venue, the choice of Classic Catering was an additional joy. From the beginning the responsiveness of the staff for any concerns or questions was reassuring. The food was excellent, attractively plated, and expertly served. Guests raved about the short ribs and crab cakes claiming it some of the best wedding food they had ever had. Everything was simply of the best quality. Truly one of the best things about this company is its attention to detail. All elements were carefully considered and thoughtfully executed. Their care for us and our guests made our evening carefree. Priceless!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • KievR

Kiev · Married on 02/02/2019

Such a joy to work with!

Our venue, The George Peabody Library, had a list of 3 approved caterers to choose from, so after booking our reception, I reached out to all of them for a quote.

I was immediately connected with David Atkins, Catering Manager, who responded to my request almost immediately and was able to get me answer all my questions, get a feel for what I was looking for, and provide me with a quote and sample email (and all before I was even received an acknowledgement back from any of the other catering companies!). So I booked The Classic Catering people right then and there and it was the best decision!

First off, I love me some David, and if you are lucky enough to have his assigned to your event, you will love you some David too (and if you don't, I can assure you that it's you and not David)! David served as my wedding guru during this entire process; he's seen a thing or two in the wedding world is very happy to share all of that knowledge. "Should I have chargers at the place settings? What side dishes go best with that entree? Can a vegan dish REALLY taste good?" David was there to answer all of my questions and he always followed up with me in a timely manner. His presence was invaluable.

What I absolutely loved about The Classic Catering People, in addition to them making me feel like family, is that I didn't feel nickel and dimed during the planning process. Prices never changed throughout the process, even when I'd ask to add an extra this or include an extra that. And they worked HARD for me to customize my menu and ensure that my needs were met. For example, I didn't want a standard wedding cake and instead requested a dupe of the Red Velvet Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, and they got it done!! I encountered the same kind of accommodation when I tweaked the hor d'oeuvres list and bar menu.

On the day of our event, the staff was exceptional and professional! None of my guests wanted for anything. Guests raved to me about how good the food was and we even had one guest approach us during dinner service (and who just had their own wedding 6 months prior) to declare that this was the BEST wedding food they've ever had in life!

I would love to throw another big party just to be able to hire The Classic Catering people again. Worth every penny!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Alison Schurick · Married on 01/26/2019

Excellent!

Nicole & CCP were excellent from beginning to end/execution. Everything was exactly how we had imagined and our guests can’t stop raving about the food. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 01/26/2019

Delicious food and even better staff!

We were amazed by how good the food was. The staff was even better. Working with Lynn on planning everything was a breeze. She is dedicated. (She had hip replacement surgery in the middle of planning and I didn't even know until after it was done becuase she was never unavailable). She is a joy to communicate with. The wait staff were amazing as well. The moment we came into cocktail hour, one of the staff introduced herself and made sure we had appetizers and drinks at all times while we were visiting with our guests and taking a few pictures with them. The food was so good that I made sure to make the time to gobble up those appetizers she brought us. I had heard so many brides say they ended up not having time to eat because of everything going on. I probably would not have had time to get the appetizers (or desserts later) if she had not taken the effort to make us a plate and give us that opportunity to eat. When it was time for dinner, every course was superb. I highly recommend Classing Catering People. Not only do they know how to make great food, but their logistical know-how is top of the line. (They did a complete reset of our venue in-between ceremony and reception while also helping us enjoy our cocktail hour at the same time.)

The Classic Catering People 12
    The Classic Catering People 13
    Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 12/08/2018

Incredible catering for your most important day!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the George Peabody Library with the help of the The Classic Catering People. Classic Catering were absolutely amazing and Lynn and David were there for it all every step of the way!

Lynn and David went above and beyond throughout the whole planning process. Lynn was so supportive and joined me a decor rental meeting that my family (who is out of state) were unable to attend. Lynn and David were so personal, attentive, and quick to respond with any advice I may have needed during the planning process. I honestly felt like I was planning our wedding with a friend, not just our caterer.

With their expertise and guidance of The Classic Catering People we were able to experience the wedding of our dreams! The Classic Catering People created an unforgettable experience from wedding preparation to reception. From the “life changing” (as my new father-in-law lovingly refers to the Scallop appetizer) menu tasting to the private sneak peek of the reception area just for my husband, myself, and our family during cocktail hour, The Classic Catering People created the most perfect experience from beginning to end. The food and drinks were outstanding and the room looked absolutely incredible! Our guests raved about how amazing the food tasted! Many of our guests said it was some of the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The Classic Catering People were so professional, kind and attentive to all of our guests throughout cocktail hour and the wedding reception.

I highly recommend The Classic Catering People to anyone looking for a caterer for their wedding or next big event. We loved working with them!

Sent on 09/25/2019

The Classic Catering People's reply:

So happy to read this! Jamie and Nate planned the most romantic evening at the Peabody and the library was beautiful with the glittery linens and florals. Truly a pleasure planning with them and seeing everything come together. We wish them many years of wedded bliss! -Lynn Piette

Jamie · Married on 12/08/2018

Incredible catering for your most special day!

My husband and I had our wedding incredible reception at the George Peabody Library with the help of the The Classic Catering People. Classic Catering were absolutely amazing and Lynn and David were there for it all every step of the way!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Timothy Kapinos · Married on 12/06/2018

A Most Spectacular Event!!

We had our daughter's wedding at the Peabody in October. We contacted Classic Catering in Baltimore. From the very start Lynn Piette helped us. From the choosing of the tablecloths to the selection of the myriad of food choices, she was amazing. A true professional. The hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour were absolutely delicious. They never stopped serving them which was so important to us. Everybody raved about the food. Not only how delicious everything was but also the presentation. The desserts were delectable! Everything ran smoothly without a hitch. We were so impressed with the organization and overall service we received by all the employees. Spectacular!! Thank you Peabody and Classic Catering!!
    Joanie & Tim Kapinos

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2018

Exceptional Service with Personal Touches

I cannot sing the praises of Lynn and her team enough! From the beginning stages of planning, Lynn was very responsive via email and phone, walking me through the process, answering any questions we had, and providing suggestions at my request for catering decisions (like food and linens) and also for other vendors in the area that had worked well with her and my venue. The catering staff at the wedding were exceptionally professional, and totally saved the day by bringing me snacks when I forgot to eat prior to the ceremony due to nerves! Even after the wedding, Lynn has been helpful and responsive. She truly cares about her clients, and that shows in the personal touches that she added along the way to enhance our experience.

Sent on 11/15/2018