The Classic Catering People Reviews

The Classic Catering People 2
  • housetyrrell2020

Jacqueline · Getting married on 05/21/2020

Excellent customer service

My fiance and I were looking at this as out caterer for our wedding. The customer service and responsiveness to our questions was quick and friendly. This caterer would have been a great choice if my fiance and I hadn't chosen to go with a destination wedding instead!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Jacqueline,

Thanks for the shout out. We wish you and your husband a safe trip and happy celebration! May I ask who you spoke with on my team?

Larry

Angela · Married on 03/22/2019

The Best in the Business

The venue we chose for our wedding had a list of three preferred caterers and I reached out the Classic Catering team after reading their amazing reviews online. We were not disappointed. Not only was the food amazing and raved about by all of our guests, but our coordinator (Lynn) was such a joy to work with. She really took the time to help us create a magical day. She was extremely responsive to emails and calls and went above and beyond to assure that the day went without a hitch.

On a personal note, Lynn was extremely thoughtful and kind during a time of difficulty in my family. An unexpected medical issue began during our wedding planning but she was very understanding and went so far as to send me a handwritten card wishing us the best and letting me know that she was thinking of my family. This speaks volumes to the quality of the people that this company puts forward.

In summary, if you are looking for a caterer in the Baltimore area, Classic Catering are your people.

Sent on 03/24/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Ortenzio · Married on 03/02/2019

Extraordinary experience

Nicole and Larry took such great care of us!! The level of service, attention to detail, extra effort, and professionalism was excellent. We are truly grateful.

Sent on 03/25/2019

Jess,

It was absolutely our pleasure to cater for you and David. The vision you had and the production of Kate Taylor made our job fun.

All the best,

• Britney

Britney · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing food, highly professional!

Classic Catering People was phenomenal. Lynn is the best!! The food was amazing and so tasty. They allowed us to personalize the drinks at the wedding and we even requested dishes that weren't on the menu and they did it for us!! They were professional and very detail oriented. I loved working with them!

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • KievR

Kiev · Married on 02/02/2019

Such a joy to work with!

Our venue, The George Peabody Library, had a list of 3 approved caterers to choose from, so after booking our reception, I reached out to all of them for a quote.

I was immediately connected with David Atkins, Catering Manager, who responded to my request almost immediately and was able to get me answer all my questions, get a feel for what I was looking for, and provide me with a quote and sample email (and all before I was even received an acknowledgement back from any of the other catering companies!). So I booked The Classic Catering people right then and there and it was the best decision!

First off, I love me some David, and if you are lucky enough to have his assigned to your event, you will love you some David too (and if you don't, I can assure you that it's you and not David)! David served as my wedding guru during this entire process; he's seen a thing or two in the wedding world is very happy to share all of that knowledge. "Should I have chargers at the place settings? What side dishes go best with that entree? Can a vegan dish REALLY taste good?" David was there to answer all of my questions and he always followed up with me in a timely manner. His presence was invaluable.

What I absolutely loved about The Classic Catering People, in addition to them making me feel like family, is that I didn't feel nickel and dimed during the planning process. Prices never changed throughout the process, even when I'd ask to add an extra this or include an extra that. And they worked HARD for me to customize my menu and ensure that my needs were met. For example, I didn't want a standard wedding cake and instead requested a dupe of the Red Velvet Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, and they got it done!! I encountered the same kind of accommodation when I tweaked the hor d'oeuvres list and bar menu.

On the day of our event, the staff was exceptional and professional! None of my guests wanted for anything. Guests raved to me about how good the food was and we even had one guest approach us during dinner service (and who just had their own wedding 6 months prior) to declare that this was the BEST wedding food they've ever had in life!

I would love to throw another big party just to be able to hire The Classic Catering people again. Worth every penny!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Alison Schurick · Married on 01/26/2019

Excellent!

Nicole & CCP were excellent from beginning to end/execution. Everything was exactly how we had imagined and our guests can’t stop raving about the food. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 01/26/2019

Delicious food and even better staff!

We were amazed by how good the food was. The staff was even better. Working with Lynn on planning everything was a breeze. She is dedicated. (She had hip replacement surgery in the middle of planning and I didn't even know until after it was done becuase she was never unavailable). She is a joy to communicate with. The wait staff were amazing as well. The moment we came into cocktail hour, one of the staff introduced herself and made sure we had appetizers and drinks at all times while we were visiting with our guests and taking a few pictures with them. The food was so good that I made sure to make the time to gobble up those appetizers she brought us. I had heard so many brides say they ended up not having time to eat because of everything going on. I probably would not have had time to get the appetizers (or desserts later) if she had not taken the effort to make us a plate and give us that opportunity to eat. When it was time for dinner, every course was superb. I highly recommend Classing Catering People. Not only do they know how to make great food, but their logistical know-how is top of the line. (They did a complete reset of our venue in-between ceremony and reception while also helping us enjoy our cocktail hour at the same time.)

Sent on 04/05/2019
    The Classic Catering People 3
    The Classic Catering People 4

Timothy Kapinos · Married on 12/06/2018

A Most Spectacular Event!!

We had our daughter's wedding at the Peabody in October. We contacted Classic Catering in Baltimore. From the very start Lynn Piette helped us. From the choosing of the tablecloths to the selection of the myriad of food choices, she was amazing. A true professional. The hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour were absolutely delicious. They never stopped serving them which was so important to us. Everybody raved about the food. Not only how delicious everything was but also the presentation. The desserts were delectable! Everything ran smoothly without a hitch. We were so impressed with the organization and overall service we received by all the employees. Spectacular!! Thank you Peabody and Classic Catering!!
    Joanie & Tim Kapinos

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/26/2018

Exceptional Service with Personal Touches

I cannot sing the praises of Lynn and her team enough! From the beginning stages of planning, Lynn was very responsive via email and phone, walking me through the process, answering any questions we had, and providing suggestions at my request for catering decisions (like food and linens) and also for other vendors in the area that had worked well with her and my venue. The catering staff at the wedding were exceptionally professional, and totally saved the day by bringing me snacks when I forgot to eat prior to the ceremony due to nerves! Even after the wedding, Lynn has been helpful and responsive. She truly cares about her clients, and that shows in the personal touches that she added along the way to enhance our experience.

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Austin

Austin · Married on 09/21/2018

The Catering People that Have Your Back

The Classic Catering People were phenomenal and went above and beyond to make our day special!

I'll start off this review with the tasting; we have an allergy and they were very sensitive to it. They served us the entire meal: bread, appetizers, main course, and cake. It was some phenomenal food and service, and it really helped us determine what would be on the final meal and be sure that we liked what we were going to get!

At the event, their bar service was great, and they made some killer custom cocktails that we had requested. They cook all their food on-site, so everything was super fresh and well prepared. We opted to go with a different bakery for the cake (even though their wedding cake was really good), and Classic Catering was willing to cut and serve our cake for us, even though we had four separate flavors.

Finally, Classic Catering, and especially Kelly and Lynn, were super helpful with coordinating and taking care of our chair and linen rental, allowing us to not have to worry about the final details in the days leading up to our event. When our florist (and day of coordinator) suddenly bailed, Kelly and Lynn were going above and beyond to help build an archway of flowers, set out the table decorations, favors, and numbers, and all-around filled in to help make the event go smoothly. The event would not have been the same without Classic Catering, and their professionalism and courtesy should be well lauded!

Sent on 11/09/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/28/2018

I cannot say enough about Classic Catering People and Lynn Piette. Lynn was our account executive and she was amazing. From day one she was responsive to emails, open to our vision for our wedding, and ready to have a different menu for our wedding with a taco and slider bar. Lynn made sure I was a stress-free bride and was one of my saving graces throughout the wedding process. She was able to fit our tasting in on a holiday weekend as it fit my schedule best and made sure we were happy with the choices we made over the phone and email once we saw it in person. She understood our vision and executed it perfectly. The staff at C.C.P was phenomenal, especially Angie. Angie was at our tasting and made us feel welcome and taken care of. I was so happy that she worked our wedding and her presence was not missed on our guests. She made me feel at ease while getting ready and provided our guests with exceptional service. Lynn was beyond amazing on our wedding day. She was vital in making my vision and center pieces come to life in a very short period of time with the help of the rest of the catering staff. The staff was great - quick to refill food, check on guests, and keep the bar running. The chef(s) at C.C.P is a master at their job. We wanted something different and they were great at making that happen without sacrificing flavor and quality. All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and all of the items they tried. My favorite part of the catering was our wedding cake. They took our wish and made it happen while incorporating our colors into the cake's design. I think the desserts were the favorite part of everyone's meal and we had many people say they had almost one of everything because it looked so good. I highly recommend C.C.P and their amazing team of people. I can't thank Lynn enough for all she did for us in making sure our day was fantastic.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Tom · Married on 07/21/2018

The Classic Catering People (CCP) and Lynn Piette, our point of contact, were absolutely incredible. Our wedding was at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore and we were given three options for caterers. Among all options, CCP was the most responsive, courteous, attentive, and professional. From the very start, Lynn demonstrated her expertise in guiding us through every step. Lynn is far more than a representative of CCP. She helped us with every part of our wedding and made sure everything was executed perfectly. We felt safe and secure knowing that Lynn was there for us. The quality of the food they made for our wedding day was above and beyond anything we've experienced. We have had experiences where we've been to weddings where the food was meager and unsatisfying but CCP does not play with it comes to food. All the dishes we chose were carefully created. One of our hors d'oeuvres was a Peking Duck pancake. My wife is Chinese and was in shock at how well they recreated an authentic taste. The service provided by everyone at CCP was incredible. My wife and I were treated like royalty the entire night. When we weren't able to join the cocktail hour, a member of CCP prepared hors d'oeuvres and drinks for us and made sure we could enjoy everything. Catering is a major portion of the total cost of a wedding but when choosing Classic Catering, it is money well spent!

Thank you so much to Lynn and everyone else at the Classic Catering People. You gave us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Xinyi and Tom,

Good afternoon and thank you so much for the nice shout out to Lynn and her team. I've often said the most important word in our company name is the word people. The Classic Catering People is indeed made up of a group of remarkable hospitality professionals and I' so grateful that you mentioned that.

I'm sure our Chef would be glad to share the recipe for the Peking Duck, I just warn you, the time it takes to prepare 100 or more may be a little overwhelming.

My best to the two of you and thanks again for allowing us to cater for you,

Larry Frank
    Partner
    The Classic Catering People

David · Married on 06/23/2018

We worked with Bobby Pressman and Larry Frank at Classic Catering to plan our wedding at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore. We were planning things from long distance and on a very tight budget, so we were likely difficult to work with. Nonetheless, Bobby and Larry did a fantastic job! Chef John provided amazing food--the taste and the presentation were both incredible. Our guests loved the food. We couldn't have pulled off our wedding without them and I recommend Classic, not just for the food, but for the whole experience. Do yourself a favor and give Bobby and Larry a call!

Sent on 07/21/2018

C · Married on 06/02/2018

The food was excellent and beautifully presented. Lynn and all her staff were lovely to work with, very professional and attentive to all our guests for our daughter's wedding.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Arif · Married on 04/27/2018

Best decision ever! We held our wedding at Peabody Library in Baltimore and going with Classic was a delight from start to finish. At our first visit, they fed us lunch and gave us chocolate strawberries as a token of appreciation. Lynn was so accommodating to our countless requests, including dietary restrictions. They even were able to find halal duck! Our guests are still talking about their mouth watering braised beef short rib as well as their decadent crab cakes. The crab cakes were more full of crab then any other crab cake I've eaten, and guests received two of them! We went with the following appetizers - Nashville chicken hot slider, veggie samosa, Peking duck pancake, Mediterranean shrimp cocktail, empanadas, and Mahi Mahi fish taco. Everything was delicious! Don't get us started on the deserts. The assortment buffet of desserts was totally worth it. Still thinking about the peanut butter s’mores and the various cheesecake bites. Some wedding cakes can be dry and boring, but we received several compliments on how that was the best wedding cake guests have had (we went with raspberry filling, butter cream frosting, marble cake). My wife and I come from multi-cultural foodie families and Lynn made sure that everything was just perfect to our taste buds and palates. She did a fantastic job working with our day-of-coordinator and making sure everything was set on time on our big day. The servers all had a smile on their face and were happy to be there, which to me is always important. The linens worked perfectly with our florist's decor. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and if you need a caterer for your wedding or any party, DO NOT HESITATE TO GO WITH CLASSIC!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Dana · Married on 02/16/2018

When booking the Peabody Library for our wedding, we knew that the venue limited our choice of caterer to one of three pre-approved companies, which made sense given that the on-site caterer has to literally cook in the librarian's office. We met with the two Maryland-based approved caterers and were blown away by CCP's (specifically Lynn, who handles all Peabody events) enthusiasm, responsiveness and interest in working to match our vision.

I feel like we've probably sent Lynn hundreds (?) of emails over the past several months, but EVERY SINGLE ONE was replied to in a timely fashion and in the most accommodating and professional manner. Lynn worked with us to tweak our entree selection until it was just right, helped coordinate some special beverage options and worked so well with the rest of our vendor/coordinator team.

Plus, the insight that Lynn had in working at the Peabody for so many years proved to be invaluable - everything from layout of the space to rules, do's/don'ts and lighting & decor suggestions. Beyond the catering specifics, Lynn was also just such a calming presence and we really had the utmost confidence in her team.

Many of our guests remarked how great the food was, and in particular, how wonderful the service team was. The servers and bartenders were friendly and accommodating; they even (unbeknownst to us) marked guests who had dietary restrictions that required special meals with a flower at their place setting. I thought this was such a special touch - way more beautiful & personal that having a generic place card.

Gail, an owner/partner of CCP, also worked our event to help ensure that everything ran as smooth as possible. We didn't know she would be at our wedding (and it would not be reasonable to expect that she work all CCP events), but it did mean a lot to know that she valued being there.

We don't plan on getting married again, but I do look forward to future opportunities to work with Lynn and the CCP team again.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Dana,

What a beautiful shout out to Lynn and our People of The Classic Catering People. I’m so proud to work with each and everyone of them. Congrats to you and wishing you all the best.

Barbara · Married on 10/07/2017

This is the best caterer in the MD, maybe everywhere! Nicole Van Natta was amazing, knowledgable and professional. The food was fabulous, the service perfection and the entire event was wonderful. Thanks Nicole and all of the staff for making our daughter's wedding so memorable

Sent on 10/12/2017

Annie · Married on 09/30/2017

We used Classic Catering for our wedding at the Peabody and they were amazing! Everyone raved about how good the food was and Lynn was great to work with. She picked up on every detail I wanted and mentioned during the tasting and helped us pick unique touches while still being price conscious. They were also super accommodating with any special food or beverages we wanted to add to their standard packages. Lynn also recommended our day of coordinator who was amazing and a few other vendors to us. Classic also did our wedding cake which was beautiful and delicious, it was nice to have it all-inclusive! I would definitely recommend Classic Catering if you're looking for a sophisticated and well respected caterer in the area!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Katlin · Married on 06/03/2017

We just used Classic for our wedding at Peabody Library- they were amazing! All of our guests have raved about the food - from the grilled cheese and tomato soup apps to the steak being perfectly cooked. Lynn was so helpful through the entire process, and went above and beyond to make sure everything turned out as planned!

Sent on 08/11/2017
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 05/27/2017

One of the most important parts of your wedding and (most expensive) is your catering. This is one of the reasons why choosing the right caterer is so important. The process of catering and deciding who to cater your wedding can be daunting, especially when you think of how hungry your guests are by the end of the evening.

Classic Catering was, by far, a great company to work with. Lynn Piette of Classic Catering not only helped us coordinate a classy event but throughout the process of planning the wedding, she took on the role of caring mother and event planner especially since my own mother lived miles away (like mom did) and could not help with some of minor details and having never married off another child, didn’t know all there was to think about.

Lynn heard exactly what our likes were, what dishes we really wanted to include and how we wanted to incorporate our diverse, Indian, Armenian, and Scottish background into event meals that were delish! The hors derves during the cocktail hour were probably my favorite part of the wedding meals. The best part was that one of her waiting staff was around to make sure we had eaten the entire night, even after the ceremony and in the moments between our ceremony and reception when we took a much needed escape to take some respite in the changing room.

Lynn helped with everything! She made sure all of our day of decor looked beautiful, she ran a tight ship and ensured that our bar was fully stocked not only with our signature drink but also our alcohol that our guests really enjoyed.

Everything from the Airline Chicken Tandoori breast, homemade hummus and naan, and greek salad added such a unique, warm touch to our wedding.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Nora · Married on 03/11/2017

For our wedding at The George Peabody Library in Baltimore, MD, the team at The Classic Catering People went ABOVE and BEYOND to exceed all of our expectations. Not only was the food absolutely delicious (we recommend the short ribs!), but the service was magnificent. Our account executive, Lynn Piette was extremely organized and displayed true attention to the details. Empty glasses and dirty plates simply did not exist at our wedding. Moreover, there was never a line at the bar-- due to the swift service that Classic provided. We highly recommend for ANY event that you may have.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Diane · Married on 03/03/2017

David from Classic Catering took care of us from Day 1 once we had booked at the George Peabody Library. We were able to have a tasting with David a few months out from the wedding. He sent us a menu in advance with so many delicious options we had a hard time picking the ones we wanted as choices! We wanted to have food that was local to the region and David respected that and took special care to bring that to our menu. I still have guests messaging me about the bacon wrapped scallops! Guests were so pleased they were able to try all 6 hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour. The waiters worked in pairs where one person carried the tray and another person followed quickly behind to take napkins or toothpicks from guests hands. The open bar had a great selection and guests never worried about an empty glass. David made sure that one waiter was assigned to my husband and I for the entire night. We had a special plate of all the pickings we could want and they knew our favorite drink to constantly refill. Some couples complain that they didn't have a chance to even sit and eat at their reception, but David made sure that was not the case for us. Our food arrived first and every bite was delicious! David's team also made our cake which was so rich and incredible! I already want to break into the top tier, but I know I am supposed to save it until our anniversary! David was so thoughtful and involved in our special day. He came to meetings with our wedding planner (All the Dainty Details), he introduced us to our florist (Simply Beautiful Flowers), and he even went by her shop on the day of the rehearsal and made a special bouquet for me to use to practice walking with. From the start to the finish, I loved working with Classic Catering People and if you are getting married in the area, you MUST work with them, too!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Samantha · Married on 12/02/2016

Classic Catering was one of 3 caterers that we could chose from for our venue (George Peabody Library). We couldn't have been happier with how things turned out. Lynn Piette, our contact, has been doing weddings at the George Peabody Library for years so she is very familiar with the venue and all of their rules which was very helpful. When we went in for our first meeting Lynn had lunch ready for us as a way for us to have a preview of their food & we were able to take home any of the leftovers that we wished to take. The tasting was just as good. My dad & stepmother who went with us also could not stop raving about the food. The day of food was absolutely amazing (people are still telling me how wonderful it was) and the service was excellent. My husband & I had an assigned server who made sure we had all the food & drinks we wanted all night.

Lynn was always very quick to respond to my emails (obviously they are busy on weekends as that is when they work most but even then I had a response in my inbox first thing Monday morning). She also was great in that if needed she would have been the point of contact for our venue (our venue requires one) and before we had decided on hiring a wedding planner she said that if we ended up not getting one she would be happy to help get everyone down the aisle. She also made sure to coordinate with all our other vendors and she was happy to recommend any vendors that we still had not booked. And an excellent way of showing, in my mind, how wonderful Lynn was is that her son got married the weekend before our wedding and she was still able to provide excellent support and communication. Before that weekend she sent me an email saying that while she would have limited access to email the day of and day after she said that for brides she would make herself available by cell phone if I needed anything. That is excellent service in my mind.

I will be recommending Classic Catering for years to come.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Steven · Married on 11/26/2016

My wife and I used the Classic Catering People for our wedding and it was the best decision we made besides saying "I Do" to each other!

Lynn Piette was our account executive and she made everything easy! Lynn was very responsive and accessible and helped us with the following: Vendor Selection, Timeline, Food and Beverages, Decorations, and Rehearsal. Lynn was very patient with us and helped us understand everything that was involved with the wedding planning experience.

Our wedding was beautiful, elegant, and everything we could have asked for! We highly recommend Lynn and the Classic Catering People to any engaged couple!

Sent on 03/05/2017