46 Reviews for The City Club of Washington

Flatware (1)
Glassware (1)
Parking (1)
46 The City Club of Washington Reviews

Such a great experience from beginning to end. Thank you!

Profile Picture Spencer, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Cassandra was very helpful every step of the way and responded to all our needs. She customized the menu for us and made sure everyone on her staff understood everything that needed to happen on the wedding day. She met with us many times to go over any details and was very prompt about replying back to our numerous questions by email. Although she wasn't able to assist during the wedding day, Morgan was there for the rehearsal and knew exactly what to do.
The venue itself is very unique in its layout and very well suited for hosting a wedding. We feel very fortunate to have found a ceremony and reception venue and catering services all with The City Club of Washington. Considering the location and other convenient qualities about the venue, we feel that we received more than what we paid for.

Profile Picture James, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had a wonderful experience working with the City Club of DC for our wedding. We were looking for a venue that was "affordable for DC" and could accommodate a smaller group (around 75) for both ceremony and reception. The staff (shout out to Cassandra) were very helpful with the planning process and working within our budget. The venue itself is conveniently located next to a metro station and is attached to a parking garage (we also used a shuttle service). They handled the catering/bar service, organized chair rentals for ceremony, and provided many of the extra items. The food was delicious, all staff were friendly, and we had a wonderful wedding! Would recommend this venue for future events.

Profile Picture Carla, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Words can not describe how amazing this place is. We had the pleasure of working with Morgan, She not only made the experience seamless and personable, she and the staff of The City Club of Washington went above and beyond on our wedding day. Not once did I worry about any of the small details on our wedding day. Every single one of our guest said we had the best food ever!

The club is located in DC steps away from Metro Center Station. Walking distance to many hotels and museums, which helps if you have out of town guest who like to explore.

Profile Picture Brittani, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Indoor, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We had a beautiful wedding day that couldn’t have been any better!
Morgan was fantastic, she did such a great job planning and coordinating our wedding even leading up to the few minutes before the ceremony.
She was always willing to change the menu and food selections when we didn’t like something. She even was able to plan our rehearsal dinner just a few days before the event!

Thank you again Morgan, we cannot express in words how special you made our day.

We 100% recommend the city club. You will have a beautiful ceremony, fantastic food and for such a reasonable price!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Morgan Webb, was OUTSTANDING to work with. s an event planner, I all know that weddings can come with many changes as well as challenges, but no matter what curveball was tossed at us, Morgan seamlessly handled each one with grace and professionalism. It was truly a pleasure to work with her and the staff at the Washington City Club. Beautiful event space, food quality and onsite staff is exceptional! I look forward to hosting

Profile Picture Paula, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Morgan was fantastic making sure everything was perfect. The breath taking venue was everything we wanted. Chef Lee and his team are second to none. Customer oriented and outside vendors (cake, flowers & DJ) commented on the ease of working with Morgan.

Profile Picture Julie, 4/15/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I love this place. Hands down some of the best food and best service ever. After hosting a wedding there I recommend this venue to all couples. Perfect location in the middle of the city and private with high level of class.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 12/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This was one of the most stressful times of my life, but the city club captured everything. It was a true pleaseure working with everyone and they were so accompdating. Thank you for making my speacial day unforgettable!

Profile Picture Jessica , 12/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married in October 2017 and City Club of Washington was such an amazing host for our wedding! We absolutely loved everything! From the day we toured the location until the day of our wedding, City Club and all of the staff made sure we had a night to remember!

Photo
Profile Picture Terin, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Event planner was amazing to work with! The space was gorgeous as was the price! Really enjoyed it. Only complaint would be that the wait staff were a bit inattentive during the event - not distributing cake or lighting candles.

Profile Picture laura, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had the best wedding ever. Our friends still tell us it was the best they have ever been to.

Photos
Profile Picture Thomas, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The City Club of Washington hosted our 10 year Vow renewal. Excellent customer service, food and the establishment was phenomenal. A very unique location to host any event. Parking is available and not too pricy. The facility natural beauty reduces decor needs since there is natural sunlight and a water fountain. The celebration was EPIC!!! If you are looking for a unique experience, choose The City Club of Washington. This is a phenomenal establishment with superb customer service!

-Shonte & Drake

Profile Picture Shonte, 12/4/16, 8 Reviews
3.8

very pleasant to deal with and competent personnel - limitations are impossed by physical facilities, i.e., size of rooms, etc. which are beyond personnel control. In general it was a very pleasant experience . I would recommend it to friends and acquaintances.

Profile Picture antonio, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The City Club has a great team who helped make our wedding the night we envisioned for our guests. I worked with Cassandra and Mariah, who were ROCK STARS for us. The team even made sure to set up their Christmas tree arrived in time so that we could put our ornament favors on it!

Working with City Club was extremely easy and their flexibility on vendors made the coordination a breeze! The catering was provided by their in house kitchen and everything was delicious. I did have an issue with the handling of my cake, which was delivered by outside vendor. I'm not sure the venue team had proper instructions for how to thaw and serve for ideal texture and taste. We had a dummy with fondant on display and sheet cake for guests. I was very disappointed in how my guests' slices tasted. If you have an external cake brought in, make sure the team at CC has instructions for thawing.

It's also extremely reasonably priced (for now). The location fee (for non members) is very reasonable/affordable for D.C. Prior to my fiancé finding this spot, we were looking at restaurants. I'm so glad we found the City Club and hosted our event there. It's a great venue for a reception after a church wedding, but they also have a gorgeous atrium that could be used for a ceremony.

Perfect if you want a traditional indoor space with a ballroom.

Profile Picture Veronica, 12/3/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently had my wedding at the City Club and would strongly recommend it. Mariah Howes and her team are very responsive, easy to work with, and you get a lot for your money. It exceeded our expectations in every way possible!

Profile Picture User6883756, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter & her fiancee went to at least 12 venues before deciding on The City Club of Washington. Best decision we ever made. The food and staff were amazing. The venue itself is breathtaking. We had a great time. Hats off to Mariah for going the extra mile for their function. Don't hesitate.

Profile Picture User7355795, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I never would have guessed I could afford a wedding in the middle of DC. Everything was so expensive and I almost gave up my search when I discovered the City Club of Washington website. I couldn't believe this gorgeous space was within the budget.

The final production was more beautiful than I had imagined. I worked with Mariah (Event Coordinator) she was responsive, helpful and cheerful. She keep me on track with subtle gestures and open dialogue. It was an amazing experience and never once did I feel stress or pressure.

My guest all raved about the space and the food and really just had a wonder time. Thanks to the staff and the City Club for a job well done.

Profile Picture Sherry, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

After having trouble with an initial vendor we booked, we were in search again for another venue! The City Club of Washington's sales team is fantastic! Very accommodating, informative, helpful, and responsive! We are thrilled to have chosen the CCW as our venue for our reception and our ceremony! Definitely give them a chance. :) This venue is all inclusive for food, drinks, ceremony space, and the full reception with areas to get ready for both the bride and the groom!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Mariah at the City Club of Washington made the day exactly what we were hoping for. We came in with some unusual requests, family style service, a menu that combined Cuban and Italian cuisine, long banquet tables without seating cards, and some last minute decision making. Mariah worked with the staff and chef to make everything we wanted a reality. The staff at service were fun and friendly ensuring that everyone was having a great time. My Grandmother still asks about the bartender Toni.

After looking for venues in Connecticut and Washington, DC, the City Club was the only venue that fit our budget, accommodated our requests, and didn't require a large guest list.

Profile Picture Hilary, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding here on 4/16/16 and LOVED it! Mariah was an incredibly helpful planner throughout the whole process, and we could not have gotten everything done without her! We rented out all three ballrooms (they are not that big separately) to make for one big ballroom to accommodate our 135 guests. The big beautiful waterfall and the stately wood paneling certainly made for beautiful pictures! The food was delicious! We probably could have gone without lighting because the lighting there is gorgeous as long as they dim them. A huge plus was how they allow you to extend your wedding for longer than the typical 4 hours, which definitely kept us from feeling rushed. Also, there is a garage that comes right up to the ballroom floor, which obviously is very convenient. We had so many compliments on the venue and are very happy we chose to have our reception here!

Profile Picture Courtni, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The City Club of Washington is the best value in the city, hands down. The venue is gorgeous, the service was fantastic and the food was really good. I had to plan the wedding from California, so I was so happy to find a venue that was all inclusive (really!) so I had one point of contact. Having everything in one place meant I didn't have to worry about transport and logistics between the ceremony and reception. Mariah works really hard and she made sure everything came together perfectly. She went out of her way to accommodate my requests, even letting me use their wooden wine boxes for my guest cards and order special wine for the head table. It was really amazing coming down that grand staircase and seeing all my loved ones waiting below and I got so many compliments on the beautiful venue, even though I didn't decorate at all. I never thought we could afford such a beautiful venue in the heart of DC.

Profile Picture User5498360, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Outside Cake, Event Planning, Linens, Chairs, Indoor

The City Club of Washington was a great place to host our ceremony and reception. The entire staff was so welcoming to us and wonderful to our guests. Their food was also great! We worked with Mariah who was incredibly accommodating. She worked with us to have the beautiful wedding that we wanted at our price point. She was also very responsive via phone calls and email. Our wedding was greater than expected and we are grateful to Mariah and the rest of the City Club staff!

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/12/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Outside Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Chairs, Linens

I can not say enough about the City Club of Washington, Mariah Howes, and the rest of the events team. Everything about our day was perfect and exactly how we envisioned it. Mariah was incredibly helpful and responsive through out our planning process. They were able to accommodate all of our needs and changes as they arose. Our guests loved the convenience and flow of having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in one place. The convenience of having everything in on location really allowed us to spend time w/ our guests. We were also able to take advantage of the beautiful atrium for pictures before the ceremony and were able to sneak in a few more right after cocktail hour. The food and service were amazing. We were truly able to enjoy everything about our day because we knew that without a doubt the City Club Team had everything handled. Given all that, we still found the venue to be very reasonably priced and the location right at metro center was convenient for both locals and out of town guests. I would recommend the City Club over and over again!

Profile Picture Kerrianne, 11/7/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Outside Cake, Indoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals