The City Club of Washington Reviews

47 | Washington, DC

47 Reviews for The City Club of Washington

47 The City Club of Washington Reviews

Andy · Married on 10/06/2018

City Club of Washington Put on an Incredible Event!

The City Club of Washington DC put on an amazing event for my daughter's wedding. The facilities were top notch, the food was awesome, the service and attention to detail was incredible! Truly a very professional event.......my daughter and I were really pleased with how the whole night turned out!

Sent on 10/19/2018

The City Club of Washington's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Mr. Seymour! We are so glad Lauren, Isaiah, and the family had such a great time.

Spencer · Married on 06/30/2018

Such a great experience from beginning to end. Thank you!

James · Married on 06/02/2018

Cassandra was very helpful every step of the way and responded to all our needs. She customized the menu for us and made sure everyone on her staff understood everything that needed to happen on the wedding day. She met with us many times to go over any details and was very prompt about replying back to our numerous questions by email. Although she wasn't able to assist during the wedding day, Morgan was there for the rehearsal and knew exactly what to do.
    The venue itself is very unique in its layout and very well suited for hosting a wedding. We feel very fortunate to have found a ceremony and reception venue and catering services all with The City Club of Washington. Considering the location and other convenient qualities about the venue, we feel that we received more than what we paid for.

The City Club of Washington 2
    The City Club of Washington 3
    The City Club of Washington 4

Carla · Married on 05/26/2018

We had a wonderful experience working with the City Club of DC for our wedding. We were looking for a venue that was "affordable for DC" and could accommodate a smaller group (around 75) for both ceremony and reception. The staff (shout out to Cassandra) were very helpful with the planning process and working within our budget. The venue itself is conveniently located next to a metro station and is attached to a parking garage (we also used a shuttle service). They handled the catering/bar service, organized chair rentals for ceremony, and provided many of the extra items. The food was delicious, all staff were friendly, and we had a wonderful wedding! Would recommend this venue for future events.

Rebecca · Married on 05/06/2018

We had a beautiful wedding day that couldn’t have been any better!
    Morgan was fantastic, she did such a great job planning and coordinating our wedding even leading up to the few minutes before the ceremony.
    She was always willing to change the menu and food selections when we didn’t like something. She even was able to plan our rehearsal dinner just a few days before the event!

Thank you again Morgan, we cannot express in words how special you made our day.

We 100% recommend the city club. You will have a beautiful ceremony, fantastic food and for such a reasonable price!

Paula · Married on 04/21/2018

Morgan Webb, was OUTSTANDING to work with. s an event planner, I all know that weddings can come with many changes as well as challenges, but no matter what curveball was tossed at us, Morgan seamlessly handled each one with grace and professionalism. It was truly a pleasure to work with her and the staff at the Washington City Club. Beautiful event space, food quality and onsite staff is exceptional! I look forward to hosting

Julie · Married on 04/15/2018

Morgan was fantastic making sure everything was perfect. The breath taking venue was everything we wanted. Chef Lee and his team are second to none. Customer oriented and outside vendors (cake, flowers & DJ) commented on the ease of working with Morgan.

Tiffany · Married on 12/30/2017

I love this place. Hands down some of the best food and best service ever. After hosting a wedding there I recommend this venue to all couples. Perfect location in the middle of the city and private with high level of class.

Jessica · Married on 12/10/2017

This was one of the most stressful times of my life, but the city club captured everything. It was a true pleaseure working with everyone and they were so accompdating. Thank you for making my speacial day unforgettable!

Tara · Married on 05/20/2017

I had a great time working with the City Club of Washington with the planning of my wedding. Everything was completely spectacular. The City Club team was helpful with the last minute request to cook apps for my attendants and great about making sure we were all taken care of. My guest raved about the food and the pricing was so reasonable for the area. I loved having a one-stop shop for venue and catering and would go back again. Thanks Cassandra and team!

Thomas · Married on 03/04/2017

We had the best wedding ever. Our friends still tell us it was the best they have ever been to.

The City Club of Washington 5
    The City Club of Washington 12
    The City Club of Washington 13
    The City Club of Washington 14

Shonte · Married on 12/04/2016

The City Club of Washington hosted our 10 year Vow renewal. Excellent customer service, food and the establishment was phenomenal. A very unique location to host any event. Parking is available and not too pricy. The facility natural beauty reduces decor needs since there is natural sunlight and a water fountain. The celebration was EPIC!!! If you are looking for a unique experience, choose The City Club of Washington. This is a phenomenal establishment with superb customer service!

-Shonte & Drake

Veronica · Married on 12/03/2016

The City Club has a great team who helped make our wedding the night we envisioned for our guests. I worked with Cassandra and Mariah, who were ROCK STARS for us. The team even made sure to set up their Christmas tree arrived in time so that we could put our ornament favors on it!

Working with City Club was extremely easy and their flexibility on vendors made the coordination a breeze! The catering was provided by their in house kitchen and everything was delicious. I did have an issue with the handling of my cake, which was delivered by outside vendor. I'm not sure the venue team had proper instructions for how to thaw and serve for ideal texture and taste. We had a dummy with fondant on display and sheet cake for guests. I was very disappointed in how my guests' slices tasted. If you have an external cake brought in, make sure the team at CC has instructions for thawing.

It's also extremely reasonably priced (for now). The location fee (for non members) is very reasonable/affordable for D.C. Prior to my fiancé finding this spot, we were looking at restaurants. I'm so glad we found the City Club and hosted our event there. It's a great venue for a reception after a church wedding, but they also have a gorgeous atrium that could be used for a ceremony.

Perfect if you want a traditional indoor space with a ballroom.

Sue · Married on 10/15/2016

My daughter & her fiancee went to at least 12 venues before deciding on The City Club of Washington. Best decision we ever made. The food and staff were amazing. The venue itself is breathtaking. We had a great time. Hats off to Mariah for going the extra mile for their function. Don't hesitate.

Sherry · Married on 09/03/2016

I never would have guessed I could afford a wedding in the middle of DC. Everything was so expensive and I almost gave up my search when I discovered the City Club of Washington website. I couldn't believe this gorgeous space was within the budget.

The final production was more beautiful than I had imagined. I worked with Mariah (Event Coordinator) she was responsive, helpful and cheerful. She keep me on track with subtle gestures and open dialogue. It was an amazing experience and never once did I feel stress or pressure.

My guest all raved about the space and the food and really just had a wonder time. Thanks to the staff and the City Club for a job well done.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/30/2016

After having trouble with an initial vendor we booked, we were in search again for another venue! The City Club of Washington's sales team is fantastic! Very accommodating, informative, helpful, and responsive! We are thrilled to have chosen the CCW as our venue for our reception and our ceremony! Definitely give them a chance. :) This venue is all inclusive for food, drinks, ceremony space, and the full reception with areas to get ready for both the bride and the groom!

Hilary · Married on 04/23/2016

Mariah at the City Club of Washington made the day exactly what we were hoping for. We came in with some unusual requests, family style service, a menu that combined Cuban and Italian cuisine, long banquet tables without seating cards, and some last minute decision making. Mariah worked with the staff and chef to make everything we wanted a reality. The staff at service were fun and friendly ensuring that everyone was having a great time. My Grandmother still asks about the bartender Toni.

After looking for venues in Connecticut and Washington, DC, the City Club was the only venue that fit our budget, accommodated our requests, and didn't require a large guest list.

The City Club of Washington is the best value in the city, hands down. The venue is gorgeous, the service was fantastic and the food was really good. I had to plan the wedding from California, so I was so happy to find a venue that was all inclusive (really!) so I had one point of contact. Having everything in one place meant I didn't have to worry about transport and logistics between the ceremony and reception. Mariah works really hard and she made sure everything came together perfectly. She went out of her way to accommodate my requests, even letting me use their wooden wine boxes for my guest cards and order special wine for the head table. It was really amazing coming down that grand staircase and seeing all my loved ones waiting below and I got so many compliments on the beautiful venue, even though I didn't decorate at all. I never thought we could afford such a beautiful venue in the heart of DC.

Kristin · Married on 03/12/2016

The City Club of Washington was a great place to host our ceremony and reception. The entire staff was so welcoming to us and wonderful to our guests. Their food was also great! We worked with Mariah who was incredibly accommodating. She worked with us to have the beautiful wedding that we wanted at our price point. She was also very responsive via phone calls and email. Our wedding was greater than expected and we are grateful to Mariah and the rest of the City Club staff!

Kerrianne · Married on 11/07/2015

I can not say enough about the City Club of Washington, Mariah Howes, and the rest of the events team. Everything about our day was perfect and exactly how we envisioned it. Mariah was incredibly helpful and responsive through out our planning process. They were able to accommodate all of our needs and changes as they arose. Our guests loved the convenience and flow of having the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in one place. The convenience of having everything in on location really allowed us to spend time w/ our guests. We were also able to take advantage of the beautiful atrium for pictures before the ceremony and were able to sneak in a few more right after cocktail hour. The food and service were amazing. We were truly able to enjoy everything about our day because we knew that without a doubt the City Club Team had everything handled. Given all that, we still found the venue to be very reasonably priced and the location right at metro center was convenient for both locals and out of town guests. I would recommend the City Club over and over again!

The City Club of Washington is an absolutely wonderful wedding venue; I cannot say enough good things about it. First, it is beautiful and very photogenic. The staircase and fountain provide a gorgeous indoor setting for the ceremony, and I loved how the staircase allowed for a more unique entrance for the bride and wedding party than the traditional walk up the aisle. The Club itself is a classy and elegant space for the cocktail hour and/or reception, and the cost is very reasonable.

The food is incredible. We had reception stations, which provided a large variety of options. The amount of food served was generous, and we received lots of positive feedback about it, including one guest who commented that it was the best wedding food he has ever had. We had a carved sirloin, risotto, seafood, and vegetarian stations. I would highly recommend them all. The seafood station is awesome!

The service was also great. The staff were very professional and friendly. Everything seemed to run perfectly smoothly. Our event coordinator, Mariah, was amazing! We exchanged countless e-mails planning various details of the wedding, and she knew all the right questions to ask in order to cover details that we didn't think of ourselves. She cheerfully took care of all of our requests, including a couple very last-minute ones, which really helped keep any stress and anxiety down. We could not have been happier with our choice to have our wedding at the City Club. Book your wedding with them now!

We were thrilled with our wedding ceremony and reception at the City Club. Casssandra and Mariah were true professionals who took care of every last detail we asked for. The venue is very classy with the wood paneling, exquisite bar, marble, fountain, great DC-themed art decorations. As always, the food at the City Club is top-notch and all of our guests commented as such... not your normal dull wedding fare. Their attention to detail was spectacular - every single minor detail that we requested, they captured without us ever having us to ask again. The chef accommodated us for two tastings as we had some indecision on the appetizers after the first tasting. Their bar manager, Ian, was also very flexible and helpful by special ordering local beers that we wanted vice having all big brand beers, all at no extra cost. One of the highlights of the venue is that they take care of everything for you (food, drink, chairs, tables, linens, ceremony set-up, clean-up, and advice throughout the planning) all of which made planning so much easier. We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a classy, affordable, and "easy" venue right in the heart of downtown DC.

Harvey · Married on 08/09/2015

We were incredibly happy with how my daughter’s wedding turned out and much of the credit goes to The City Club. Cassandra and Mariah were a pleasure to work with, very pleasant, responsive, and well organized. They made the whole process much easier. Physically, The City Club is an excellent venue, we had the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception there and everything flowed seamlessly from one to the other. There are also plenty of rooms for the different functions including rooms for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to gather. The space is very elegant and the food was very good and we received a lot of compliments from our guests. To us it’s a five star venue. One last point: we ended up using their recommendations for the florist, bakery (for the wedding cake), and wedding planner and they were all excellent.

Michellanne · Married on 08/09/2015

When I was originally looking at wedding venues, I passed over the City Club of Washington because I assumed that they were outside of my budget. I wound up signing on with another space that seemed to be a better deal. Several months before my wedding, that business closed its doors and cancelled my contract without warning. I don't live in DC, but I had been planning a trip there the following weekend to handle a few wedding errands, so I frantically began calling DC venues, asking if they could fit in an appointment with me. Cassandra at the City Club of Washington really came to my rescue. She immediately impressed me with her knowledge and experience managing wedding venues, and I discovered that City Club is a great value because it is both a beautiful space and a dining club. After Mariah was hired, she took over most of our correspondence, but the transition was seamless, and Mariah proved to also be extremely capable. Both of them are fantastic at managing all the little details and know all the right questions to ask. I actually became grateful that my original venue did not work out because they could not have surpassed the City Club in their level of service.