The Chocolate Llama Reviews

The Chocolate Llama View more information

G. Perez Married on 08/22/2021

Perfect in every way!

Chocolate llama will always be my first choice for cake! I have ordered several cakes from Kelley and have been overly satisfied with both design and taste every time. If you are looking for a quality product I highly recommend ordering from this business!
    Heather S. Married on 08/09/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Kellie and her team are incredibly talented. I used them for my daughter's wedding and for my father's 90th birthday. All 3 cakes (brides. grooms and bday) were spectacular AND delicious. My experience with Kellie from beginning to end was perfect.
    Corri A. Married on 08/03/2021

Amazing cakes!

As a person in the event industry, my team and I love working with Kelli and the Chocolate Llama. They are on our preferred vendor list at the venue I work at. The cakes are delicious and they can literally MAKE any shape or size you can dream up. 100% recommend them!
    Mallery V. Married on 08/03/2021

HIGHLY Recommend!!

I can always depend on Kellie for the most delicious, unique flavors and exquisitely executed designs. Her work is flawless! She is such a joy to know & work with- I highly recommend the Chocolate Llama.
    Deb P. Married on 06/19/2021

Amazing Artistry

Kellie is an amazingly talented artist. She doesn't bake cakes, she creates one-of-a-kind works of art with such amazing detail you can only gape in wide mouth wonder and ask how it's even possible that this is a cake.

The Chocolate Llama created cakes for my 50th birthday (that got more attention than me). One was a life-like replica of my beloved pup, Travis, and the other an almost exact copy of my vintage Corona typewriter. My guests were awe struck. Honestly, it was very difficult to cut into these cakes--they were just too beautiful. But eventually we did and it was the most delicious cake I've ever tasted.

I highly recommend The Chocolate Llama!!
    (photo credit: Gina Schild)
    Michelle S. Married on 02/06/2021

The Chocolate Llama

Kelli Herrod, the owner of The Chocolate Llama, created the most gorgeous cake for my daughter’s wedding. She is beyond talented and her cakes are not only works of art but also delicious! Kelli is creative, kind and truly talented. We loved our experience with The Chocolate Llama!
  • Karla
    Karla N. Married on 03/14/2020

Best cake I've ever eaten!

It's one thing to get a pretty wedding cake but it takes skill and creativity to have one taste AMAZING! Kellie was a joy to work with. Her tenacity and creativity is astonishing. Best part though, she is down to earth and normal in an industry filled with people that are not.
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl M. Married on 09/07/2019

Groom’s Cake

Kellie was wonderful to work with, we gave her ideas on flavors our son liked and she presented amazing options. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter won. She made an amazing groom’s cake that included everything we ask for and more. Right down to our son’s favorite hat and beer on the cake. The greatest part about her cakes is they taste as great as they look. The crawfish pot cake was so impressive the venue even wanted to include it on their page.
    Matthew O. Married on 11/24/2018

The Most Spectacular Cake!

Everything that Kellie creates is nothing short of a masterpiece. Her artistic abilities are exceptional, and the joy and passion she brings to her business is apparent in every detail of the product she provides. Oh, and make no mistake, her cakes will forever ruin any other cake you can get your hands on. They are that spectacular. If you make it home with any leftover to freeze for your first anniversary, good luck keeping your spouse from sneaking pieces of it when you aren’t looking.
    Kimberly A. Married on 07/04/2015

Best cakes ever!

If I were getting married, the only person I'd call to make my cake is Kellie Herrod. She is an artist extraordinaire and one heckuva baker to boot! I've had the pleasure of enjoying one of Kellie's creations on my birthday--a cake that was a perfect replica of my antique doctor's bag! It looked so much like the original I almost picked it up by the handle! The best part was inside...rice krispie cake with peanut butter chocolate ganache...so decadent and delicious!

When my niece announced her engagement a few years back, I jumped at the chance to recommend The Chocolate Llama. ​Kellie's personable and attentive approach allowed her to perfectly capture the cakes of their dreams. The bride's cake was a tower of pure beauty and grace draped in delicate flowers that everyone thought were actual blossoms--imagine their surprise when discovering these petals of sugary delight intricately sculpted by Kellie's masterful hands! And then there was the groom's cake--a flawless miniature of his favorite piano! It was so hard to believe it was a cake! We all were dazzled by Kellie's artful and imaginative designs and astounded that these works of art tasted so wonderful!

If you haven't perused the gallery of cakes on Kellie's website, it's worth a tour to appreciate the vast range of Kellie's talent. I marvel at the precision, beauty, and whimsy packaged within her scrumptious cakes. And so it is with great enthusiasm that I offer my highest endorsement of our very own H-town Cake Boss, Kellie Herrod!
    Karen M. Married on 03/03/2003

Cake by The Chocolate Llama

The cake that The Chocolate Llama made for us was not only delicious but the design was amazing! At a family wedding Kellie provided the groom’s cake that looked like a piano with sheet music and so scrumptious! Kellie is not only a talented designer/baker but wonderful to work with as her level of customer service is superb!
    Kelly G. Married on 05/15/2021

Most beautiful wedding cake ever!!

Kellie was amazing! She listened to all of my daughter’s ideas and thoughts and made her dream cake come to life.
    It was not only gorgeous but delicious too!