The Cheney Place Reviews

89 | Grand Rapids, MI

89 Reviews for The Cheney Place

Duke · Married on 03/19/2016

The Cheney Place proved to bean excellent choice for our daughter's wedding venue. As great as the location and setting are, it is really the staff that makes this place exceptional.

Sent on 04/06/2016

This is the absolute best venue!! The staff is so friendly and helpful! We loved working with Jenna, she made the entire process a breeze.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Working with The Cheney Place was a top experience of our entire wedding plan! Jenna was so easy to work with and she genuinely supported our ideas and had so many helpful suggestions for us too! The day of the staff was adjusted and everyone was well informed and ready to make our day and evening special!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Kaleigh · Married on 11/29/2015

I CANNOT convey how AWESOME our experience was at The Cheney Place! The pricing for the space is a fantastic VALUE for everything that comes with it. We were able to use all 3 floors (3rd floor only for photos), I was able to work with Audrey who made the 6 month planning window I had as peaceful as it could've possibly gone, and the perks of being able to use items from Fancy Fray stock to make the setting absolutely stunning. I elected to use the elevator for my entrance and Audrey was there to operate it and fix my train before my father and I walked down the aisle. It was so perfect! Every aspect was well above any average standards. Audrey listened to my vision and helped make it a reality while staying within budget. Thank you, Audrey, for playing a key role in the development and execution of our wedding!

Sent on 01/06/2016

The Cheney Place is an absolutely beautiful and unique environment that created the perfect backdrop for our wedding day. What really made the day and weekend perfect was the day-of coordination and support of the The Cheney Place staff, including Jenna. We had the pleasure of working with Jenna, who was incredibly knowledgeable and supportive throughout the entire process leading up to our wedding, which including multiple meetings, emails and decisions. I would highly recommend The Cheney Place as your wedding reception venue!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Casey · Married on 10/31/2015

Such a fun hip space! We fell in love with Cheney Place the moment that we walked in! We found the space itself charming, and with the incorporation of fun vintage furniture touches from Fancy Fray, the actual decorations we brought in were minimal. We had a beautiful ceremony on the first floor, with the help of Fancy Fray's church pews, and then a cocktail hour on the second floor, and returned to the first floor to find (quickly flipped) gorgeous reception. The staff was so helpful in planning the logistics of everything, and being there for day of support and coordination. I would highly recommend this venue. A truly unique charming space with fabulous owners and staff!!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Katie · Married on 10/30/2015

Gorgeous/unique venue + amazing staff = a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Jodi · Married on 10/24/2015

The Cheney Place has been amazing! Jenna was very helpful and organized which was a load off our shoulders in planning our wedding. She was very responsive and accommodating to our needs. We were very excited that we ended up having our ceremony and reception there. Loved, loved, loved the second floor with all the vintage furniture! I can't wait to see our photos. We had our guests coming up to us all night complimenting on how beautiful the venue was. They did a phenomenal job in setting up and everything went very smoothly!

Sent on 11/03/2015

We loved having our reception at The Cheney Place. It was such a cool atmosphere, and made for a unique experience for us and our guests. Audrey was on top of everything and was well prepared and helpful through the whole planning process. I did not feel that I inconvenienced them at all asking questions and/or giving suggestions. It was a wonderful venue, especially for those with a larger number of guests.

Sent on 11/06/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/06/2015

I had my one year anniversary reception at TCP and wish I could go back every year - from the staff to the venue itself, the entire experience was smooth, exciting and extremely flexible. Audrey was our lead and she was so friendly and welcoming; never hesitated to confirm a question or adjust a detail. All of the staff we came across from Francy Fray was just as excited about our event as we were - so excited they even worked with me on cost to ensure the event was set up just right! In working within the event planning industry myself I would recommend this unique, memorable located to any bride looking to host a one-of-a-kind event. If my husband would let me, we would go back any chance we could!!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Kara · Married on 09/05/2015

The Cheney Place WAS AMAZING. Seriously. The best venue ever.

Jenna was fantastic and did SO MUCH for us. She organized everything and made everything BEAUTIFUL for our wedding. I can't believe how full-service the venue is, and we rented a lot of beautiful antiques from Fancy Fray, which looked amazing in the space and made our wedding so unique and wonderful. I can't express how special this place is. It has a vintage/warehouse/industrial feel that is so unique. Everyone commented on how beautiful the space was, and loved the cocktail hour upstairs, which is decked out in Fancy Fray and stays that way all year round!

My cousin is an event planner in NYC and she coordinated our wedding day, and she said she isn't used to the venue doing so much set up and everything. She was amazed by the organization and efficiency of everyone at The Cheney Place- especially Jenna.

Every time I emailed Jenna with a LONG list of questions she calmly emailed me back answering everything I asked and looking into everything that needed sorting out. I trusted her completely by the time the day rolled around, which was so important, since no bride wants extra things to worry about on her wedding day!

Everything was beautiful, and I can't recommend this venue enough. It really is FULL service.

Thank you Cheney Place for making everything go so smoothly and be so special!!!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Jenna and her team killed it! People could not get over how beautiful, organized and unique everything was. Our vendors also loved working with The Cheney Place! xo

Sent on 09/10/2015

We absolutely loved The Cheney Place! The atmosphere of the whole building has a modern/vintage vibe to it which suited to both my older and younger guests. The staff was very helpful and organized! Anything that needed to be done they were there to do it. I couldn't be more impressed, it definitely made my wedding day to have it at The Cheney Place.

Sent on 08/26/2015

M · Married on 07/31/2015

Great experience

I cannot say enough about what a great experience our wedding was at The Cheney Place. The Cheney Place is such a beautiful venue, the guests could not believe it. The staff worked so hard to make sure everything went right. They also communicated with all the vendors such that all I had to do was pick out the details, and they handled every communication past that. Absolutely everyone I worked with was responsive, friendly, and flexible. From the consultation, to emails, to the day of, it could not have been an easier or more beautiful experience. Every detail of the wedding was so perfectly executed by them. I will be recommending them to my friends at every chance!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Holly · Married on 06/13/2015

We couldn't be happier that we chose The Cheney Place for our venue! The staff were extremely professional, flexible, and fun to work with. Audrey went above and beyond from day one to make sure our day was perfect. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how much they loved it! We would highly reccomend this venue to anyone looking!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Stephanie · Married on 11/22/2014

Amazing venue and the most awesome staff! We loved hosting our wedding reception at the cheney...and so did our guests! We still are receiving complements on the reception! We were able to use both floors at the cheney for our cocktail area and they allowed us to get ready in the bridal suite early Saturday morning. This was perfect because we had a large wedding party! Audrey is the best to work with! Laying our the floor plan was something we dreaded and she made it easy on us! We gave her some thoughts and she gave us options...simple and easy! Highly recommend to everyone! I (the bride) want to do it all over again!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Kelsey · Married on 08/30/2014

I cannot say enough how much I love The Cheney Place. The staff is incredible (responsive, helpful, informative, professional and just plain wonderful), the venue itself is gorgeous and we continue to receive compliments on our choice and all of that together makes for a magical evening.

I would recommend this place for any bride looking for a unique, classy and modern venue. The arcade style lighting, wooden beams, brick walls and open spacing make this the best place to let your creativity run wild.

The girls (Jenna and Audrey) are great! They helped us with every detail every step of the way and never made me feel like I asked too many questions (which I'm sure I did). We paid for the extra for an "All-Inclusive" package and I would say EVERYONE should do this, I don't know why you wouldn't. They take care of every bit of setup and tear down for you leaving you with a stress free wedding, it was INCREDIBLE!!

This was the best night of my life and I'm so thankful I chose The Cheney Place as the venue for our reception. It was absolutely stunning and it all felt very magical the whole time!!

Sent on 09/05/2014

The Cheney Place is honestly the best place in GR to get married. The event space is stunning and the teams you work with are incredible. They are friendly and can answer every question you have! We had the best experience here and our special day was amazing!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Justin · Married on 07/25/2014

Wow! This is the word we would use to describe The Cheney Place venue and its staff. Audrey was incredible to work with and we were so thankful for her! She went above and beyond, making the process very easy for us. The staff at this venue are top notch. We had a blast working with this venue and having our reception there. We recommend this venue to anyone interested!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Kendra · Married on 05/03/2014

The Cheney Place is an amazing spot to host any event! The space has a great balance of rustic and modern elements which makes it very unique and full of character! The staff (specifically Audrey) is great to work with as she consistently put my detail-oriented brain at ease. She responded quickly and had the place set up exactly how I imagined it (actually, better!). Once we arrived there for our reception, we knew immediately that they had everything under control and we didn't have to worry about a thing. We are SO happy we went with TCP for our reception and would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Paula · Married on 02/01/2014

The Cheney Place is an amazing place to host your wedding reception. The staff is so accommodating and was always easy to communicate with and answering my questions. The space is an old warehouse so it has a very rustic feel to it where you are able to customize it the way you want it--you pick all of your own vendors. We had a winter wedding where we had a shuttle service and we were able to decorate the venue the day before. Everyone complimented on the warm feel of The Cheney Place. I couldn't be happier to have had my wedding reception there. Thanks again!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Sarah · Married on 12/21/2013

Audrey and Aleece were the easiest to work with. They went out of their way to accommodate us the whole weekend. The venue is beautiful and has so much character. My guests continue to talk about the atmosphere and how neat the building was from our wedding night. I have no complaints and would highly recommend using them :)

Sent on 05/18/2014

Katie · Married on 10/26/2013

The Cheney Place is an amazing place to host your wedding. Aleece is fantastic and is always on top of answering my questions. The space is to die for and you can really customize it to whatever your needs are. I couldn't have asked for a better venue for my wedding.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/19/2013

I had a fantastic experience at this venue. I loved the old warehouse feel and the building has so much character. I was blown away with the transformation for the reception. It was beautiful!

Sent on 01/02/2014

The Cheney Place's reply:

Thank you, Kaitlyn! We so enjoyed getting to help you and your family celebrate your special day! :)

Susan · Married on 07/13/2013

We used The Cheney place for our wedding reception and had a very positive experience. The staff was accommodating to our needs and very helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The venue allowed us to bring in our decorations and also has décor that they offer to their brides for use at their event. The staff worked with our vendors and took away our stress the day of our wedding. It was a lovely space to use for our reception.

Sent on 12/24/2013