The Cheney Place Reviews

89 | Grand Rapids, MI

89 Reviews for The Cheney Place

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth Wallace Youngs · Getting married on 01/01/2022

Beautiful and unique venue in Grand Rapids!

Our experience getting married at The Cheney Place was a DREAM - from our first tour of the venue all the way through our wedding day. Stephanie and the team at TCP are incredible and go above and beyond. Stephanie made everything so relaxed, fun, and easy on our wedding day and made sure we didn’t have anything to stress about. We were so grateful to be able to fully and completely enjoy every minute of our special day, thanks to her! She is a total rockstar at her job, and we are so grateful to have worked with her.

In addition to TCP’s top notch hospitality, this venue is absolutely amazing. Every little space of this huge venue is thoughtfully and beautifully designed. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue and experience for our wedding! We would highly recommend getting married here if you’re in the market for a beautiful and unique space for your wedding!

Sent on 03/01/2020
  • Diane

Diane Coffey · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Beautiful Venue, Excellent Service

Everyone raved about the venue. It is beautiful and welcoming. The staff was wonderful. From the planning details to the execution the day of the event. I can't express how impressed I was with everything. I have received so many compliments from the guests. They loved it.

Sent on 02/26/2020
  • Frances

Frances C Lopez · Married on 12/07/2019

Worth every penny

We got married at TCP on 12/7/19 and we would do it all over again 100 times over. BOOK EARLY! This is a hot venue for good reason.

Our coordinator Stephanie was sweet, organized and thorough throughout the 1.5 year planning process. Every question answered (some before I even asked them), every accommodation made and every worry subdued.

The venue is beautiful and very little decor is needed which is why we loved it! Less work! They also assist with set up and tear down for you (try finding a venue like that anywhere else!).

Because the venue is so popular I was worried our experience would've feel unique or special (there was literally a wedding the night before ours) but they really put all their attention and love into YOUR special moment that you feel like the only bride of the year.

Going down the freight elevator is a must! Getting ready onsite in the suite, also a must! Do it all, you won't regret it. Just take every moment in because you wont want it to end.

My grandma is still texting me things like "I can't believe how neat that place is!" :)

Do it. Just do it.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Alanah · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing! Experience was wonderful!

Stephanie was amazing! The day was flawless!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Paige

Paige · Married on 11/03/2019

Venue Viewing

We knew the moment we walked in that this was the venue for us! The space is beautiful and can’t wait for our November wedding.

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2019

Fine Art Feel

The wedding was perfection, that is all we have to say.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Danica

Danica Myers · Married on 09/15/2019

Utterly amazing

Absolutely the best option at such an affordable price too! The team was incredibly helpful, easy to communicate with, & the space was stunning! They even included someone to help me with all the planning, provided great vendor recommendations, & a day of coordinator! No words other than perfect can describe this place & their team.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing venue!

I have nothing but amazing things to say about The Cheney Place and everyone I worked with when planning our wedding! They are experts, so incredibly responsive, always there to offer suggestions and assist with anything and everything. I felt like I had a team of wedding planners!

They have a couple outlines you can use and in-person meetings they set up, where you can just throw inspiration at them and they come back with real, applicable ideas to make the day yours. We utilized their Fancy Frey rentals and gave them a general color scheme and they created the cutest little seating areas! Also - their linens ... I don’t even know where to begin but they have every linen under the sun, we mixed and matched three. Their resources are outstanding!

They are right there around every corner to make sure everything on the day of moves seamlessly. They coordinated with all my vendors - I don’t think I did a thing! I was always able to find someone on the floor and their staff was so pleasant to us and our guests! Just so glad we picked such a welcoming and fun place to tie the knot. Our guests are still raving about the location!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Courteney Schulke · Married on 05/31/2019

Amazing Experience

We hosted our wedding ceremony and reception here and it was stunning. The staff was incredibly helpful during every stage of the planning and especially on the big day. They worked hard to bring our vision to life and always made sure we were going to get what we wanted. Can't thank them enough, we highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Wendi

Wendi Kruger Williams · Married on 03/05/2019

Magical! Exquisite service!

We are beyond happy with my daughter’s May 3 wedding at The Cheney Place. The facility, the staff – EVERYTHING was perfect. Emily was fabulous to work with as we planned the event…and then she and Noah were an absolute dream to work with the day of the event…as was the entire staff. Every single person was just so intent on making sure we had a seamless, trouble-free, magical day. The facility is just charming with the various seating areas and décor. Our guests raved about it. Thank you The Cheney Place for helping us create a dream wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 12/29/2018

Incredible

Don’t hesitate! Book this venue now!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Wierda · Married on 10/26/2018

Wedding Day Bliss - Ease and Enjoyment

The Cheney Place is outstanding!!! Hands down! you never know how your wedding day will go and if everyone will remember all the details you so carefully planned. The Cheney Place made sure everything was perfect and Stephanie was absolutely amazing to work with. She kept me at ease through the entire process. They made our wedding day perfect and kept the good vibes all day. This venue is so beautiful and the ability to select your furniture/decor options and work with someone along the way was very helpful for my husband and I. I loved the ability to have my own bridal suite to get ready with my girls with plenty of space and fabulous decor. Absolutely loved our day and highly recommend The Cheney Place!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Lydia · Married on 09/14/2018

Wow! Where do I begin? The Cheney Place was worth every single penny we paid for it. Not only is this place full of gorgeous vintage furniture and fun details, but the staff went above and beyond to make us comfortable. We hosted our ceremony and reception here, and it was the most stress-free and relaxed day. Jenna, the Venue Manager, was an absolute dream to work with. From the minute we first met with her to the follow up after the big day, she was on top of everything. She responded to emails almost immediately and brought my wedding's vision to life. Even when I changed some things last minute, it wasn't a problem. It was like having a wedding planner without paying for a wedding planner! Jenna did all the coordinating for the timing and put everything in place to make our big day extra special.

On the day of our wedding, Jenna and her staff organized everything, setting up tables and coordinating with vendors. I was able to completely relax. She told us where to go and what to do the whole day, so we didn't have to think about anything. I can honestly say that the day was perfect and perfectly executed. If I got married again, I'd choose The Cheney Place in a heartbeat.

Fancy Fray, the vintage furniture rental, and PUNCH, the TCP bar, were absolutely amazing, too. Fancy Fray's selection was amazing. We were able to handpick everything. And the bar had a drink ready for me every time I went up to them.

So much love to this vendor. Nothing bad to say about them at all! If you're wavering, just go for it! It's worth it!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Ally · Married on 08/26/2018

Perfect is the only word I can use to describe my wedding day. The Cheney Place is such a beautiful venue, and the staff work so hard to make sure everything goes right. From our first consultation Stephanie and Jenna were so easy to work with, so organized, and so kind. Every detail of my wedding was so perfectly executed by them. Even when I couldn't find my vows, they quickly offered to print new ones and saved the day! You can tell they are seasoned wedding pros. If I were planning my wedding again, I would choose The Cheney Place a thousand times over!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Lia · Married on 08/18/2018

The Cheney Place is the best venue around! My husband and I were looking for a warehouse feel for our August wedding. It fit the bill perfectly. We knew the minute we walked in, this is where we were going to get married. The building itself is absolutely beautiful and the girls that work there are amazingly friendly, organized and very very easy to work with! If you are looking for a one-stop shop for your wedding, this is it! We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one building, plus we were able to take all our pictures on site as well! It made things so simple and stress free on our big day! Our guests loved the venue as well, as there are many fun places to get great Instagram pics! Would definitely highly recommend The Cheney Place!!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Laurissa · Married on 06/22/2018

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! I highly recommend getting married here or at least having your reception here! The venue is absolutely gorgeous (you hardly need to decorate because it is already so beautiful) and the staff is so helpful with planning and coming up with new ideas. The staff also handled pretty much all the set up and tear down and they even had an event coordinator for the entire event. The bridal suite is awesome and the vintage furniture makes the space feel so special. I don’t have a single complaint about this venue!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/22/2018

I don't know where to begin in expressing my gratitude and high recommendation for The Cheney Place. From the very beginning of our interaction to following up on last details in the days following our wedding, they were fun, professional and always left me feeling like I was in the best hands.
    As someone who did not know the first thing about wedding planning when we began, they helped me to really organize my thoughts and figure out my overall vision. Everything after that was truly them executing what I related to them in our first few meetings.
    All of the pre-work was so smooth and helpful, that it is amazing to say that our wedding day itself made them shine even brighter. Everything was perfectly executed and all the little details that I could not have possibly forseen, they already had the perfect answer to. I cannot say how many of our guests stopped us throughout the evening just to say how beautiful the space was, how exquisitely it was decorated, and how nice everybody was!
    Our day went without a hitch, which is something that I feel grateful to just be able to say. I would love to get married all over again just to work with their staff again and see what amazing-ness they could cook up. My husband and I are so especially grateful to Jenna, Stephanie and Aubree for all of their hard work and for making us feel like family.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Hannah · Married on 02/24/2018

My husband and I recently had our reception at The Cheney Place and we can't say enough about this place. The staff, the venue, everything. Our guests gushed over the beautiful space, lighting, everything. It's charming, chic, vintage, and beyond breathtaking. If you want great lighting and great photos, this is your place. As a photographer, this was one of my must-haves; a venue with exposed natural lighting as we were having a winter wedding. We took all photos upstairs and it was perfect. The management here is unbelievably kind, helpful, and on top of their game. There wasn't a single hiccup. Jenna & Stephanie were amazing gals to work with and I will truly miss them. I wish I could take them through life with me! I also highly recommend using GiGi LaClede, the onsite rental company. Holly is amazing to work with and has beautiful rentals that I took full advantage of. The in-house bar service TCP uses was also exceptional. (Punch) 10 stars out of 5 for this place, these girls, their partnered vendors, everyone. It was a perfect experience and perfect day. Lots of love to you all! - Hannah & Steve

Sent on 04/10/2018

Amanda · Married on 12/29/2017

For weeks my now-husband and I looked for a venue that was large enough to accommodate our big families, yet more unique than most of the banquet halls and golf course venues near where we live. The moment we walked into the Cheney Place I was shocked, because it was exactly what we were looking for. The space is beautiful, the staff accommodating and helpful, and it doesn't hurt that vintage furniture rentals are easy to add to the plan for your big day! We also loved that the Cheney Place was so flexible with the decor - we dropped off everything a couple days before the event, they set it all up beautifully and took it down for us at the end of the night. We just had to pick it back up a couple of days later! So convenient to not worry about what is happening to all of your stuff at the end of the reception. Additionally, the cocktail hour space and bridal suite are amazing and so full of character! They made for beautiful photos, and I have guests commenting on what an incredible reception venue months later!
    Our only slight issue was that a stranger came in at one point during the evening because the doors were unlocked and wandered into the coat room. Luckily, he was spotted right away, and the staff said they would review their security tapes to make sure nothing was taken. Besides that one small hiccup, I absolutely loved my experience working with the Cheney Place! If I could throw an event there every year, I would in a heartbeat. Any brides looking for a unique and low-stress experience for their wedding should consider the Cheney Place!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Anne · Married on 10/28/2017

My husband and I are so thrilled we chose The Cheney Place for our ceremony and reception! The venue is beautiful and very unique. The artwork, furniture, and light fixtures in the space give it a distinct style. If you like that aesthetic, this is a great place to get married. Many of our guests commented on how much they loved the venue! We actually saved money on decorations because the space is so beautifully decorated on its own. We enjoyed working with Jenna and other TCP staffers throughout the planning process. They were always quick to respond and eager to provide referrals and advice. The day of could not have gone more smoothly. The TCP staff coordinated with our other vendors and remembered and executed every specific detail we asked for. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our day knowing that all the details and logistics were in expert hands. I would very highly recommend this venue. Note that they book up far in advance so you will need to plan accordingly!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Steve · Married on 10/21/2017

The Cheney Place was the absolute perfect place to get married. They were very responsive and helpful in planning the layout and everything. We didn't even need to hire a wedding planner because they did so much!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Meaghan · Married on 10/15/2017

The best day ever! The staff was incredible. They truly wanted us to enjoy ourselves. The venue itself is so incredible and beautiful. Couldn’t recommend The Cheney Place more!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2017

If you are looking for an amazing and different venue, THIS IS THE PLACE!!! Words can't express how happy we were with this company. Everyone from owner to plannersl to clean up crew were warm, courteous, professional and downright amazing. As a mother of the bride, it was so important to me that everything be the way it was pictured in my daugher's head. In her own words, it was her "dream wedding." This would not have been possible without the staff at The Cheney Place! If we ever renew our vows, I would want to that here!

Additionally, I was a little skeptical at having to choose from their specific vendors, and their list was extensive and thorough. Like TCP, the other vendors were amazing! And all had great things to say themselves about working with the TCP staff.
    IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Jeannie · Married on 09/23/2017

Perhaps the craziest things my husband and I have ever done was book our wedding reception venue BEFORE even getting engaged, and we have Cheney Place to thank for that! Knowing that we were thinking about getting married and that we happened to be in Grand Rapids for work (we live in Chicago), I suggested to my husband that we check out this place that might work for the wedding. He was game, since we certainly weren’t in a place to commit to any vendors yet. Again, we weren’t even engaged yet! This was supposed to be a casual visit just to get an idea of what was out there! But, we fell in love with Cheney Place. It’s beautiful, unique, and full of antique elements that make it one of a kind. We loosely told Jenna, who walked us around, that we wanted to get married the following year and she said they were completely booked through that fall, except for a weekend in September. After 5 minutes of high-energy consultation, we decided to throw caution to the wind and booked it! So, Cheney Place picked my wedding date and I’m thrilled! Working with them was incredible (special shout out to Jenna, who is organized, cheerful, and oh so competent), and we even booked Fancy Fray vignettes and farm tables from them. Jenna gave great recommendations about solid vendors which got us started on our adventure. Our wedding guests still comment about how amazing Cheney Place was, and we agree! We’ll look forward to renewing our vows their some day. Strongly recommend you check this place out and book quickly!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Stacy · Married on 08/19/2017

Such a unique venue! Our guests couldn't stop raving about it!! Jenna and the staff are also incredible to work with!! Highly recommend The Cheney Place!!

Sent on 09/05/2017