Chef's Garden Catering & Events Reviews

84 | Jacksonville, FL

84 Reviews for Chef's Garden Catering & Events

Lindzie · Married on 03/28/2015

We used Chef's garden because they manage the cafe at the Cummer, which was our venue, but I'm so thankful we did! Jennifer was excellent at getting everything pulled together. She provided the table linens and made our food station tables look lovely. Our good was spectacular. All of the guests raved about it. Her staff was top notch. They were so on top of things. They even assigned us a waitress to make sure we had food & drinks, because the bride & groom are extremely busy. I had the best day thanks to all of the wonderful staff!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Choosing Chef's Garden to cater our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made. Jennifer was with us to help make any decisions we needed help on no matter how small or big. She was always there rather it was texting or emailing to make sure the process was smooth. Not to mention the food was AMAZING! We still have people raving about the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and dinner entrees. It was delicious and such an easy process. I recommend them to all of my friends getting married!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Natalie · Married on 06/14/2014

Chef's Garden is absolutely the best! Jennifer really knows what she is doing and is so easy to work with! I can sometimes be indecisive so she suggested a lot of options that we ended up using. She worked with our budget, and the food was amazing!!! We received so many compliments at our wedding, from the specialty cocktails to the details of the food. My husband and I tried other caterers but their food was not the quality as Chef's Garden. Their food is so delicious and so beautifully presented. From the time we did the tasting we knew Chef's Garden was for us! Jennifer was so patient when we did change our appetizers a couple of times. She even provided linens and specialty signs. I wanted something different for the napkins, so her and her team created bow tie napkins which were a hit! If you are looking for a caterer please look no further! Chef's Garden is the way to go!

Sent on 07/18/2014
  • tiffany

tiffany · Married on 03/23/2014

The food and service from Chef's Garden were absolutely the best! Jennifer and Liz, the owners, went out of their way to make sure our day was special (and it was!). Everyone was raving about how awesome the food was and the service was just as good. On top of that, they helped with our reception (made it look more cohesive, moved some plants, brought some greenery, etc) and even broke down everything and helped to clean up. Their bartender got a lot of compliments as well. Very positive experience. We were all very happy.

Sent on 03/31/2014

Adra · Married on 10/11/2013

Four days after our wedding and the guests are still talking about the amazing food. It was so good that I have already given out several referrals. Someone even said "OMG....I am sure you paid a FORTUNE. That was the best meal I've ever had at a wedding." I agree. So good! Jen was amazing and the price was so good considering what we had. We will use Chef's Garden for any big events we have in the future. TRUST ME...your guests will talk about the food for MONTHS! Thank you Jen...you and your staff were AWESOME!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Corrie · Married on 05/14/2013

Chef's Garden prepared the best meal any of us has ever eaten. Very professional, friendly, helpful and off the charts wonderful!

Sent on 05/31/2013

lyndsey · Married on 01/26/2013

Chef's garden catered my wedding at the Cummer Museum and the food was amazing. Guests commented during the event and after how much they enjoyed the food. I highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 02/03/2013

The Chef's Garden hands down has the tastiest food! I am a huge food person and appreciate good food. The Chef's Garden provided delicious food with amazing presentations. Jennifer did an amazing job staying around my budget too! I was extremely impressed with the food that was presented on my wedding night! I had so many compliments on how good the food was! Jennifer did a wonderful job with incorporating my vision for the layout as well. She also took care of ordering the linens and runners for all of the tables and food stations after my input. On a side note, I would ask where the remaining food goes at the end of the night and I have read other reviews about being served small bites of food upon arrival, this was not our case, it didn't bother me and I didn't expect it. I would have liked a glass of champagne though, that would have been a nice touch upon our arrival :) I would recommend The Chef's Gardens to anyone!

Sent on 01/15/2013

Kathleen · Married on 11/04/2012

I couldn't be happier with The Chef's Garden and all of Jennifer's efforts. Our wedding was perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 11/11/2012
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/06/2012

If you want great food and service at your wedding or event, stop what you're doing and call the Chef's Garden right now! No really, it's been 6 months since our wedding, and guests are still raving about the food at our wedding! Jennifer was a joy to work with and had great suggestions for foods that paired well together. We had a cocktail hour with passed hor d'oeuvres as well as a sit-down dinner. The shrimp and grits on a fried green tomato was my favorite appetizer! The food and service was perfect. We also hired bartenders through them, who were great. The Chef's Garden went above and beyond my expectations during the entire planning process and, more importantly, on our wedding day. We recommend them every chance we get and we will definitely use them again!

Sent on 04/17/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/15/2012

Delicious ! The service was excellent and the price was right. I could not have been happier, it was a lovely day !

Sent on 09/19/2012

Absolutely perfect! The Chef's Garden was SO delicious and provided amazing food for our wedding! Our guests raved about the amazing menu all night, and still are weeks later! Liz (owner) was easy to work with, and accommodating to my schedule to ensure the event would be perfect and flow smoothly. We had many meetings to make sure things were exactly how myself and my husband envisioned everything, and the tasting was perfect to ensure we got what we expected! They have so many options to choose from, and each item was perfectly made! Jennifer Corrente is also a part of The Chef's Garden (runs the cafe at The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens), and served as my wedding coordinator throughout the process. She is absolutely amazing, gracious, organized and full of ideas. I could not have imagined having everything running so smoothly, and I know this only happened because of her. I highly recommend anyone for The Chef's Garden superb services!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Jackie · Married on 06/23/2012

Kristine was just amazing to work with, you don not need to worry about anything, she will handle it all! The food was great and presentation was wonderful.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Kim · Married on 06/23/2012

These folks were as professional and treated us like family. We had a Cajun / Florida mix of guest which included botb family and friends. All had great things to say about the food and the service provided for this special occasion. It was a great peace of mind knowing we were in good hands due to the fact we live 2 hours away and couldn't be hands on. We met with them told them what we wanted, had a tasting and they made it happen. It was a stress free partnership and I'm forever grateful. This company is family owned and it show from beginning to end! Love them!!!!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Words cannot begin to express our satisfaction and appreciation with the services provided by Jennifer and The Chef’s Garden team this past June for our wedding! We truly could not have had our dream wedding reception without their help!

Neither of us had tried The Chef’s Garden cuisine prior to our wedding tasting, however, the food was incredible! Specifically, we went with a plated dinner consisting of grouper or a New York strip steal. Both dishes were treats to the palate, and presentation was superb!

In addition to food catering, we enlisted Jennifer’s assistant with floral décor as well as wedding coordination. Regarding floral décor, Jennifer took our vague idea/concept, and made arrangements that we never imagined possible. Additionally, it should be noted that we sprung the idea of floral décor on her late in our planning, but she still carried it out impeccably!

With respect to wedding coordination, although we had a good grasp on what we desired, Jennifer made sure it was completely carried out, while also remaining sensitive to our budget. She also ensured our sanity, quenched our anxiety, and allowed us to focus on each other and our families, rather than having to worry about whether or not everything would be ok at the reception.

Overall, we, as well as our families, friends, and guests can not stop raving about our wedding reception (which was about 2 months ago). We are sincerely grateful and thankful to Jennifer and the Chef’s garden staff and team. Everyone we met with was professional, receptive to feedback, and genuinely appeared excited about making our wedding a success!

Thank you again!

Grace and Chris

Sent on 08/31/2012
  • Madyson

Madyson · Married on 05/12/2012

We hired Chef's Garden for our wedding in May of 2012 and we couldn't be happier with their services. The food was absolutely amazing! People still comment on how delicious it was! The service staff was great as well. We also hired Jennifer to do our day of coordinating and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted! We cannot thank you enough for making our day so wonderful!!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Meghan · Married on 04/28/2012

I couldnt say enough about how great the staff and food from Chef's Garden was! All the displays looked great and the food came out perfect. Kristine and her staff were extremely friendly and professional throughout the planning process and day of the wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Megan · Married on 04/14/2012

Every last detail was thought of and executed perfectly by Chef's Garden- from the taste of the food to the attention from the wait staff. Everyone was given ample time to finish each course of the meal and during cocktail hour, the appetizers and drinks were constantly passed around by staff- people never came across an empty tray. One thing I loved was that the wait staff brought appetizers and drinks down to the family while post ceremony pictures were being taken so that we didn't miss out on them. People kept telling me that the bride & groom would have no time to eat their meal at the reception, but we had ample time to eat every bite. The wait staff was so attentive and asked us several times if we needed more time to finish our plates. People are still talking to us about the amazing plate presentation and delicious taste of everything served. Chef's Garden was so fun to work with- they were great on giving suggestions and working with our budget. I will forever recommend them to anyone I hear of looking for a catering service!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Lindsay · Married on 03/31/2012

If you are having a wedding in Northeast Florida, use the Chef's Garden for coordinating and catering. Jennifer Corrente is worth her weight in GOLD on the day of, but even more so leading up to it. She has the incredible ability to see the big picture and take your best ideas and spin them into an evening beyond wildest imagination. I am so thankful I used her. Leading up to the wedding, rain was expected...and not just a few showers, 70-90% depending on the time of day! She was calm and quickly contacted vendors for possible back up options, contract reconfigurations and called me with ALL the info I needed before I could even start to panic. On the day of, she made sure everything ran smoothly, and even took the time to make sure I had a full drink or needed a piece of cake, anything. My first reaction when I saw the final room was like the wind had been knocked out of me, it looked so stunning! I couldn't believe it was MY wedding. It was out of a movie. Jen's vision and my vision were perfectly executed on the day of! My parents were so impressed with her professionalism and I was so thankful to have had her nearby. Truly a phenomenal value and a great coordinator.

The food was also a hit! Shrimp and grits and beef short rib that was melt in your mouth...our guests loved it! Also, the brie appetizer was SO good! The staff was great, helpful and efficient. It was awesome working with the Chef's Garden from start to finish.

Sent on 04/03/2012

marie · Married on 03/10/2012

I have attended many weddings and catered events and the food is usually classified at "wedding food", not good or bad, just ordinary. The food that Chef's Garden served at my daughter's wedding however could only be called exceptional. At every table the plates were returned to the kitchen empty. My guests raved that the beef was perfectly cooked and hot when it was served and many have asked for the mashed potato recipe. A vegetarian that attended actually had to try the beef because it looked that good. The service was exceptional and they staff could not have been more helpful. If you want the food to shine at your wedding or catered affair, Chef's Garden is the caterer you will want to use.

Sent on 03/23/2012

Joanne · Married on 09/10/2011

I’ll start with – DELICIOUS! Thank you for the wonderful food service last evening. More people stopped me to specifically comment on the food – and then they would begin describing what they were eating and why it had been so good. The DJ’s girlfriend even tracked me down to tell me how many events she attends and how fantastic THIS food was.

Kudos, too, for such fabulous staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and smiley! Probably my favorite part was when trays of food and water showed up after the ceremony while we took pictures. Thank you for thinking to track down the bride and groom with a tray of hors d’oeuvres.

Thanks, too, for washing, drying and packing our special glasses and the cake knives – and then packaging the leftovers for us. So many little touches that made for one fantastic evening.

Thanks loads!!

Joanne M
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 09/15/2011

Susie · Married on 07/23/2011

The Chef's Garden provided such great service and food. All night long my guests were asking me who did the food. Everything tasted great. I was able to meet with the planner quite a few times to get my vision right and they did a great job.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Richard · Married on 05/21/2011

I LOVED my caterer! They were recommended by my venue, Palm Valley Gardens, & the food was DELICIOUS, & they went out of their way to help us make a menu that was special & significant. We did a themed cocktail hour (Jamaican~ to celebrate our 1st vacation together!), & at their suggestion, incorporated a family recipe from each side for the dinner menu. Our families were so touched. I also thought they were an excellent value for the really quality food that you get. Lauren even sent us a sweet, follow up congrats note after the wedding! Would definitely recommend them!

THANK YOU CHEF'S GARDEN! ~ W & R

Sent on 06/03/2011

Rhonda · Married on 03/19/2011

AMAZING food and service!!! I could not have asked for a better caterer! Everything the Chef's Garden did was top knotch, including helping me with coordinating the wedding, the service & the food. I have never had such fantastic wedding food before!!! They helped make my day so wonderful and so perfect! I can't thank them enough for all they did for me and my guests on my special day! I would hands down recommend them to anyone and everyone i know!!!

Sent on 04/01/2011

Ashley · Married on 02/19/2011

Chef's Garden was a perfect fit for our February wedding in Ponte Vedra Beach! We wanted something different from the typical and higher quality than what you'd normally expect but still at a reasonable price point. Chef's Garden went absolutely above and beyond. Communication was perfect and they always readily answered my questions promptly. The chef truly cares about his craft and that shows in the quality he presents. The food was absolutely superb! We're still getting compliments and have heard over and over again that it was the "best wedding food" people have ever had. I mainly spoke with Jennifer who is a great asset to Chef's Garden. She's so kind and helpful but still organized and absolutely knows what she is doing. Throughout the entire process, I never felt rushed or pushed into anything which is rare in the wedding industry. Bottom line, if you choose Chef's Garden for your next event you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/01/2011