Chef's Garden Catering & Events Reviews

Chef's Garden Catering & Events 6
Chef's Garden Catering & Events 7
  • hillary

hillary · Married on 02/23/2019

So happy with my wedding food and bar!

Chef's Garden knocked it out of the park. The chicken, short rib, and veggie dishes were all amazing. I had multiple people tell me how great their food was over the course of the night, and for good reason. The bartending service was amazing as well. Could not recommend them more!

Kristen Howard · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing Service and Food!

What struck me most impressionable about Chef Garden's team was how amazing the service was. The staff really strove to make sure my husband and I not only got to experience the food, but that we were comfortable and had everything we needed at all times. Amazing food, amazing staff. They even helped us move the entire ceremony outside after it stopped raining. Great, great catering company.

Amanda · Married on 10/27/2018

How is it SO good?

I was actually thankful we had a couple of no-shows for the wedding reception because it meant LEFTOVERS the next day from Chef's Garden! I could not have possibly hoped to find such delicious wedding food - Rave reviews from our guests all night and wonderful staff to work with. THANK YOU!!

• Julie

Julie · Married on 10/27/2018

Creative, flexible caterer with exceptional service

We were very impressed by Chef’s Garden ability to create a completely custom menu for our wedding. They went above and beyond for us. Elizabeth was our point of contact and she was kind, helpful, and accommodating. Not only did she diligently work with our planner to stick to our budget, but she was very responsive to our questions and concerns. The proposals she provided were extremely detailed and updated after each tasting. And all the CG staff on the day of was very professional.

Some of our more unique requests included seafood soup, lamb tagine, and vegetable curry. CG embraced all our ideas whole-heartedly! At the tasting, the food was presented beautifully, and we were most excited about our entrée choices. We realized we wanted to change direction with the appetizers and dessert. Thankfully, Chef’s Garden was willing to do a second tasting, which was a huge relief, and we selected options from their catering menu that we were really happy with.

The duck confit tacos were by far the favorite hors d’oeuvre at our wedding. So much so, there wasn’t any left for us! Whether you want to stick with their tried and true menu choices or come up with your own, I highly recommend Chef’s Garden.

One suggestion I do have for Chef’s Garden is to provide a short list of “favorite” hors d’oeuvres and entrees with photos since their catering menu is so extensive. It’s hard to choose for the tasting. I was driving from a far distance for each tasting, so there was extra pressure on choosing well. There are some photos on the website and social media but would have loved more.

Great team! Great experience!

Chef's Garden Catering & Events 8
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 9
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 10
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious food and presented beautifully!

I got married at the Cummer Museum in October and had the pleasure of working with Jennifer and the Chef's Garden team. The food was better than I ever could of imagined! We picked plated meals and gave our guests the option of chicken, beef, or fish. You couldn't go wrong with ay of them, they were all amazing! I had so many compliments about the food served, so I'm thrilled. The staff on the day of the wedding was also so sweet. Thank you so much Jennifer!
    Pictured is the passed Hors d'oeuvres and our dessert table. Taken by Olivia Morgan Photography.

Chef's Garden Catering & Events 11
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 12
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 13

Sochenda · Married on 03/04/2018

The Chef's Garden catered our wedding on March 4th, 2018, and even 6 weeks later, we are STILL receiving compliments with how great the food and service was. Elizabeth, the catering and events director, was wonderful to work with and was always there to answer any question I had. She made the whole process very easy and stress-free for this bride.

They were very attentive to my now husband and I during the cocktail hour, making sure we got to sample the hors d’oeuvres, and then again during the reception dinner. Although, I couldn't eat much because I was so excited that I am now a wife! :)

I would definitely recommend The Chef's Garden to any other couple there (and have already done so numerous times already!) and will keep them in mind for any future events we may have.

Thank you, Chef's Garden, for a wonderful wedding experience.

Sent on 04/19/2018
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 14
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 15
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 16
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 17
    Chef's Garden Catering & Events 18

Chef's Garden Catering & Events's reply:

Wow, thanks for the sweet words. It was really our pleasure to be a part of your wedding! We love that you loved everything!! xo
  • W

Woody · Married on 02/02/2018

Best food ever. We had over 100 guests and everyone raved about the food.
    The cornbread is to die for.
    We highly recommend chefs garden and Elizabeth

Brittany · Married on 09/23/2017

Amazing food and working with Jennifer was an awesome experience she was one of the main reasons our wedding was so successful! When you hear wedding food you think gross u ser seasoned and over cooked food.. not the case w chefs garden!!! EXCELLENT food, presentation and service and we had a great time working with chefs garden from beginning to end an overall pleasure! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sent on 10/03/2017

Chef's Garden Catering & Events's reply:

Brittany, thanks for this awesome review. It was such a pleasure working with you and your family too! I hope we get to work together again in the future:-)

Amy · Married on 04/08/2017

We had our wedding at the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and were lucky enough to have The Chef's Garden as our caterer! Coming from a large New York Italian family that loves to eat... the food was very important to us. Jennifer was incredible to work with and helped us create the perfect menu. Everyone always tells you that when you are the bride and groom, you never get to eat on your wedding day, but Jennifer made sure we did! I can honesty say that I got to try (and enjoy!) everything everyone else ate at the wedding. Before cocktail hour, The Chef's Garden set up a small bistro table for my husband and I, where we were personally delivered the cocktail hour appetizers. It was so nice to take a few minutes, just the two of us, to enjoy the food and each others company before we joined everyone else at the cocktail hour. We had a sit down dinner for 145 people and all of the food came out at the same time, hot and delicious! Everyone talked about how the food was unlike any wedding food they'd ever had! Thank you to the team at The Chef's Garden and to Jennifer for making our day so memorable!

Tristan · Married on 12/10/2016

We worked with Elizabeth who was outstanding. We had nothing but praises on the food served at our wedding. The quality of food was exceptional and presentation was spectacular. I have never had food this good at a wedding before. Our wedding became a culinary experience and Elizabeth was wonderful! The team was very accommodating with menu changes we had and were extremely flexible with different needs we had for our wedding. Thank you so much!

Kate · Married on 11/05/2016

We used Chef's Garden as our wedding caterer and they were absolutely wonderful. It was a seamless process from start to finish and our wedding guests raved about the food. Honestly, I don't think they could have done any better as the food quality was brilliant and the display was just beautiful! I highly recommend them for any catering needs.

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2016

Jennifer worked with me to make a special cornbread, and didn't stop until they had gotten it down perfect. The food was wonderful and I was so thrilled to see that we left with some midnight snacks that they had packed up for us in the limo! We are still getting compliments on the food and service. Chef's garden went above and beyond in helping us have an amazing night. They surpassed our expectations. If you want food that is personal, detailed and memorable look no further. Jennifer and her staff understand how important the sentimental details are and I truly felt like she shared my vision. The execution was flawless and I could not be happier. These are the people you have been looking for, book early they are in high demand!

Amanda · Married on 06/11/2016

Jennifer Earnest at The Chef's Garden is absolutely amazing!! I cannot stress how pleasant the experience was to work with her. She kept our budget in mind, catered to our changes (a lot of them last minute), and even went the extra mile to send us home with some extra goodies at the end!!! Jennifer made the catering portion of my wedding planning so easy and so fun. The food was INCREDIBLE. I still have friends and family tell me how delicious and beautifully set up everything was that day! Jennifer even helped decorate on the day of my wedding with my day of coordinator. (She didn't know I knew that, but I can't speak enough of her kindness.) She is a dream to work with and I promise you she will not disappoint!

The Chef's garden was such a pleasure to work with for our April wedding! The food was amazing! Almost a year later I still have guest telling me that the food was the best they have ever had a wedding!

Brittany · Married on 11/21/2015

They were amazing! Our guests can't stop talking about how great the food was especially the mashed potato bar and the sweets table. Thank you to Elizabeth for all of your help throughout the process and for everything the day of our wedding :)

Victoria · Married on 10/24/2015

Honestly, there aren't words to say how amazing Elizabeth and her team at Chef's Garden are. We had a negative experience with another catering company that was very sketchy about contracts and deposits and I was feeling discouraged. But Elizabeth put my mind at ease as soon as we started working together. She created an amazing menu that fit our wedding perfectly and was within our budget. The number one thing I can say about her and her staff - professional. They made everything go so smoothly, the set up was gorgeous, and our guests were blown away by the food! Everyone says, as the bride and groom, to make sure you eat and stay hydrated and the catering staff captain, Bart, took care of us all night. He came out while we were taking photos to make sure the bridal party got to try all of the delicious appetizers (the bacon-wrapped scallops are life-affirming), and took care of us throughout the night. I never worried about anything with Chef's Garden, which is exactly what you want from a wedding vendor. I would recommend them to any bride.

Alicia · Married on 05/03/2015

Chef’s Garden was a delicious asset to our wedding! Elizabeth Van Nuy did an exceptional job keeping in touch with us and discussing all of our desires for the dinner. We found Chef’s Garden one year in advance before our wedding and we are so happy with our decision. We arranged for a food tasting with Elizabeth and their chef which we enjoyed tremendously. Not only was the food good, but the conversation was great as well. We were able to pick out the menu with ease as well as the linens for the tables (we even had a pink sparkle tablecloth for our sweetheart table which I was in love with)! On the day of the wedding, we received only good reviews from our guests about the food, the servers and bartenders were wonderful and kept everyone spirited. While food was the most expensive item on our wedding budget, I absolutely believe that was money well spent. Thank you so much Elizabeth and Chef’s Garden for a tasty night!

Lindzie · Married on 03/28/2015

We used Chef's garden because they manage the cafe at the Cummer, which was our venue, but I'm so thankful we did! Jennifer was excellent at getting everything pulled together. She provided the table linens and made our food station tables look lovely. Our good was spectacular. All of the guests raved about it. Her staff was top notch. They were so on top of things. They even assigned us a waitress to make sure we had food & drinks, because the bride & groom are extremely busy. I had the best day thanks to all of the wonderful staff!

Choosing Chef's Garden to cater our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have made. Jennifer was with us to help make any decisions we needed help on no matter how small or big. She was always there rather it was texting or emailing to make sure the process was smooth. Not to mention the food was AMAZING! We still have people raving about the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and dinner entrees. It was delicious and such an easy process. I recommend them to all of my friends getting married!

Natalie · Married on 06/14/2014

Chef's Garden is absolutely the best! Jennifer really knows what she is doing and is so easy to work with! I can sometimes be indecisive so she suggested a lot of options that we ended up using. She worked with our budget, and the food was amazing!!! We received so many compliments at our wedding, from the specialty cocktails to the details of the food. My husband and I tried other caterers but their food was not the quality as Chef's Garden. Their food is so delicious and so beautifully presented. From the time we did the tasting we knew Chef's Garden was for us! Jennifer was so patient when we did change our appetizers a couple of times. She even provided linens and specialty signs. I wanted something different for the napkins, so her and her team created bow tie napkins which were a hit! If you are looking for a caterer please look no further! Chef's Garden is the way to go!

• tiffany

tiffany · Married on 03/23/2014

The food and service from Chef's Garden were absolutely the best! Jennifer and Liz, the owners, went out of their way to make sure our day was special (and it was!). Everyone was raving about how awesome the food was and the service was just as good. On top of that, they helped with our reception (made it look more cohesive, moved some plants, brought some greenery, etc) and even broke down everything and helped to clean up. Their bartender got a lot of compliments as well. Very positive experience. We were all very happy.

Adra · Married on 10/11/2013

Four days after our wedding and the guests are still talking about the amazing food. It was so good that I have already given out several referrals. Someone even said "OMG....I am sure you paid a FORTUNE. That was the best meal I've ever had at a wedding." I agree. So good! Jen was amazing and the price was so good considering what we had. We will use Chef's Garden for any big events we have in the future. TRUST ME...your guests will talk about the food for MONTHS! Thank you Jen...you and your staff were AWESOME!

Corrie · Married on 05/14/2013

Chef's Garden prepared the best meal any of us has ever eaten. Very professional, friendly, helpful and off the charts wonderful!

lyndsey · Married on 01/26/2013

Chef's garden catered my wedding at the Cummer Museum and the food was amazing. Guests commented during the event and after how much they enjoyed the food. I highly recommend this vendor.