The Chef Next Door Reviews

144 | Brownsboro, AL

144 Reviews for The Chef Next Door

This caterer will bring more than enough food for your number of guests. No worries.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Virginia · Married on 06/07/2014

Great experience! We got so many complements on the food, and had PLENTY! Not only was the food delicious, but the display was great too! I would highly recommend the Chef Next Door to any one who needs a caterer! Margaret and her team were so so wonderful!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Cayce · Married on 05/04/2014

Margaret at Chef Next Door is such a joy to work with! We were looking for a caterer that could customize a menu for us, and Margaret more than delivered. She helped us craft an amazing menu, and all of the food was absolutely delicious. Her staff was so professional and courteous, and the presentation made the food look almost too good to eat. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for a caterer that will make your event memorable for your guests!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Nicolette-Mari · Married on 04/25/2014

Chef Margaret and her team was amazing at my wedding, they were on time, efficient and everything looked and tasted amazing.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Lindsey · Married on 04/19/2014

Chef Margaret worked with us from day one with menu selection and our budget. My husband had used her for corporate parties at his work, and he knew the first time he tasted her food that she was who would cater our wedding! Margaret has such a sweet soul and makes sure everything is easy breezy for your big day. It was such a treat working with her. Her food is absolutely WONDERFUL!! Our guests were raving about all of it! We have had multiple people call us asking who our caterer was and wanting The Chef Next Door's number! I whole heartedly recommend having her cater your wedding! I could rave about her forever...and I probably will!

• W

William · Married on 04/19/2014

I have used Margret and The Chef Next Door team to cater corporate events and she was amazing. When I got engaged I knew with out a doubt that I was going to use The Chef Next Door. Margret's attention to detail is 10 times greater than any other caterer that I have used or seen. She is very responsive to emails and phone calls. You would be surprised how many vendors will be unresponsive to emails and phone calls. Not Margret! We gave Margret our ideas and budget for our menu and she made some suggestions on how to get the most bang for our buck. This was SO helpful for us since our budget was TIGHT. On our wedding day The Chef Next Door team got to our venue extra early to make sure everything was set up perfect (this is the attention to detail they have). And everything was perfect! Our guest kept complimenting how delicious the food was. Its been almost 3 weeks after our wedding and I still have people ask me who did our catering and how good it was! If you want professional service and wonderful food, look no further than Margret and The Chef Next Door team!

Sent on 05/03/2014

Margaret and her staff were great! She was very responsive to requests and very helpful throughout the process. She and her staff were very polite and accommodating to our guests. And of course the food was amazing! We would definitely recommend her for any wedding/event.

Alex · Married on 04/05/2014

The Chef Next Door catered my wedding on April 5, 2014. The food was perfect and the staff was amazing! We had full plates waiting on us before we joined the reception, which is such a wonderful idea. All of my guest raved about the food. I'm just sad I didn't get to enjoy it the week after since I was away on my honeymoon! The staff is incredible, the chef is extremely talented, and the food is delicious. Working with Margaret was so easy. I highly recommend The Chef Next Door for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 04/14/2014
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 03/22/2014

Chef Margaret was awesome to work with and her food is amazing! A month later and people are still talking about how tasty the food was at our wedding. Margaret is amazingly talented and put together a menu for us that exactly met our needs! We had more than enough food left over. She boxed up some food for US for our wedding night and also packaged up the leftovers for my parents to take home! It was so good that it was all they ate for the week! I loved working with her and if you're looking for someone to help you through the process of creating a menu with your budget, she is the person you're looking for!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Tina and Duke · Married on 03/08/2014

Margaret and her team from The Chef Next Door were absolutely incredible to work with as we planned and enjoyed our wedding day! Not only were we treated with the utmost professionalism and courtesy, but the food was absolutely spectacular! We are still receiving compliments on the presentation, uniqueness, and quality of the food. Our buffet-style dinner, which included a shrimp-and-grits bar as well as a hot chocolate bar, were hits with Southerners and Northerners alike. Margaret even went out of her way to ensure that my wife and I got samples of each pre-dinner appetizer - so that we didn't miss out on anything while we were taking pictures. We planned food for 175 people, had about 160 show up, but had plenty to go around - a testament to Margaret's commitment to ensure no one left the wedding hungry. We would HIGHLY recommend The Chef Next Door for ANY catering event!

Jennifer · Married on 02/01/2014

Margaret and her staff were absolutely wonderful! Her food, creativity and presentation are out of this world. Our reception would not have been as delicious and magical without the Chef Next Door crew. We will definitely return to the Chef Next Door for future catering needs - and the Marketplace Cafe to hold us over in between :).

Sent on 02/10/2014

Sarah · Married on 01/25/2014

Margaret and her team of professionals are WONDERFUL to work with! She was so flexible when we were planning our wedding menu, was excited about our budget, and was so professional! She created a masterpiece for us that people are STILL asking and talking about 4 months later. :) We could not have asked for a better experience with her and her staff, and would book her again if we were planning everything over again. I would highly recommend using Margaret for your event - especially since I will be using her myself for many future events!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Jeanna · Married on 11/23/2013

Margaret was so wonderful to work with. She was very flexible with our menu- even up to the week before! Her prices were great and the food and service could not have been any better!

Sent on 12/02/2013
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/16/2013

I used The Chef Next Door for my rehearsal dinner because she was booked for my wedding. I ate at her cafe every time I was in that area and I looked at her calendar on her website and saw she was booked i thought I was going to cry! I emailed her and begged her to see if she would be busy the night before and if she would be able to host our rehearsal dinner at the cafe and she accepted! It could not have gone better! Her food is fabulous! Everyone loved it, her desserts were stupendous, the venue was beautiful it could not have gone better! She booked because she's awesome but don't count her out if she's busy on your special day!

Sent on 12/02/2013
  • F

Frank &Michelle · Married on 11/10/2013

Food and service were outstanding.They made it a wonderful event even working with a small budget.Servers and bartenders were friendly,efficient and professional.Margaret was extremely flexible and only interested in making our event the best she possibly could.Highly recommend her for any event needing her services.

Sent on 11/13/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 11/10/2013

Margaret and her team have made our wedding dreams come true and we and our families cannot say enough good things about their service and attention. Plain and simple - good people, good work, good food. They took our wishes of a southern-style BBQ affair and turned them into a delicious reality. We were also thrilled with the attention to decor, detail and the adorable labels. My "Yankee" guests were over the moon with the food and the passed appetizers were so genius. The service staff she brought with her were attentive, efficient & more than polite. Their cleanup and leftover-handling was a dream. This all sounds over the top, but I really will be using them and recommending them for every event I have or attend from now on and I am just so thankful for the pleasure of not having to worry about the catering! Truly superb. A million thanks!!!

Sent on 11/18/2013

shotsie · Married on 11/02/2013

Chef Margaret was the greatest caterer I have ever used. Her professionalism, easy manner, and not to mention the deliciousness of everything that she created made our event ever so more wonderful.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Anna · Married on 11/02/2013

The quality of service and the food were amazing! We received so many compliments on the food at our wedding! I highly recommend The Chef Next Door!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2013

I am so grateful that we found The Chef Next Door for our wedding! The food, presentation, service, and planning were all so well executed by Margaret and her team. My family and I heard so many compliments to the chef from our guests on the hors d'oeuvres and the meal.

Margaret was responsive and professional (even when I was slow to respond and uncertain about the direction in which we wanted to go with catering). She was happy to work with our budget. Margaret met with my parents and gave them a complimentary tasting -- based on their recommendation, we booked right away and later met with Margaret when we were in town. She came up with great suggestions and creative menu ideas that fit in with the wedding we wanted to have, but she was flexible in incorporating our ideas.

Margaret communicated with us right up until the day of the wedding and worked seamlessly with other wedding vendors. On the day of the wedding, we discovered that we'd forgotten a drink ingredient and one of her team members volunteered to run out and get it -- life saver! They also accommodated special requests.

For the cocktail hour, we had passed hors d’oeuvres -- I loved the crab cake salad and butternut squash in endive petals. I've never seen or tasted anything like them -- beautiful, yummy, and creative. We had a seated dinner and the team did a great job of serving all of the guests promptly, refilling drinks, checking in, serving champagne for the toasts, and clearing dishes. The salad and entrees - filet or grouper -- were both again inventive, delicious, and beautiful. Loved the modern touches, like microgreens on the fish, pistachios and grapes on the salads!

Working with The Chef Next Door was smooth and they offer great value. We considered many caterers...at least eight, five seriously -- and there was no one else in Huntsville that could have provided what they did. It was truly a memorable evening!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Brittany · Married on 10/19/2013

Margaret and her crew were wonderful. Not only was the food amazing and taste just as good as it did at our tasting, but her staff was very professional and did a great job keeping the buffet full and looking great. My groom and I had requested that our plates be preplated so we had time to eat before making our rounds to talk to everyone and they had it hot and ready for us at our table and her staff made serval trips to make sure that we were doing ok. I would recommend The Chef Next Door to anyone looking for an amazing caterer for their event. Thanks again Margaret!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Melissa · Married on 10/04/2013

Margaret was AMAZING to work with! Not only was she phenomenal, but so was her food! I had a wide range of people at my wedding ranging from children, to recent brides, to a touring manager for a professional country music singer and EVERYONE raved about the food. They all raved about the food the day of and have not stopped! Margaret and her team made everything so simple for my wedding and I could not have been more grateful! If I ever need anything catered ever again, I won't have to think twice! I will forever choose Margaret!

Sent on 10/14/2013

MIKE · Married on 09/20/2013

I want to thank Margret and her team for such great service, a great selection of delicious food at a great value. Our guests commented that this was the best reception they had been to because of the way the buffet was set up so they didn't have to wait for their food and the assortment and quality of the food was excellent. We had plenty of food and even left overs which she took back to her restaurant so we could pick up the next day. Her team also stepped up and helped us man the drink bar when our bar tender didn't show up.
    5 stars plus!
    Mike

Sent on 09/23/2013

Craig · Married on 09/14/2013

Margaret and her team are unbelievable. The Chef Next Door catered our wedding on 9/14/2013.

The presentation, taste, and temperature of all the food was spot on.

She was a pleasure to work with leading up to the event and really helped us with the details we were clueless about.

There's no other caterer we'd recommend over Margaret and her team.

It is really important to hire pros like The Chef Next Door because they take stress off of you by giving you the comfort of knowing they are going to deliver what they are hired to deliver.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Michelle · Married on 09/06/2013

So easy to work with and delicious food!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Choosing Chef Next Door to cater our wedding was absolutely the best decision we made! We had a dessert reception at A&M Booth's Lumberyard in Huntsville for approximately 250 people. The food was so delicious! Margaret and her team were wonderful to work with. I give them my highest recommendation!

Sent on 08/27/2013