The Chef Next Door Reviews

The Chef Next Door 6
The Chef Next Door 7

Angie Wynn · Married on 12/15/2018

Superior service and food

Margaret catered my daughter’s December 15th wedding and literally every guest asked me who catered and raved about the food. It is the best food you’ll ever eat!

Sent on 12/16/2018
    The Chef Next Door 8

Pam · Married on 08/04/2018

Great choice choosing The Chef Next Door

Loved working with Margaret and her team. Food was not only delicious but beautiful as well. Guests RAVED about it.

Sent on 12/16/2018
    The Chef Next Door 9
  • Vicki

Vicki · Married on 06/02/2018

Amazing Margaret!

Margaret Baggett made all of my daughters reception ideas come to life. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable, and her team cannot be beat!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Sandy Early · Married on 03/10/2018

Margaret from Chef Next Door absolutely suggest her services for wedding.

Margaret and staff from the Chef Next Door were very professional food was fabulous and plenty of it!! From start to finish never worried about a thing I recommend them very highly.

Sent on 12/17/2018
    The Chef Next Door 10
    The Chef Next Door 11
    The Chef Next Door 12

Ann · Married on 11/18/2017

Couldn’t have asked for better food or better service. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Jordan · Married on 11/11/2017

She nailed exactly what we wanted in the menu on the first try. Her whole team was easy to work with, quick, and the wedding went off without a hitch, which was amazing considering they had to battle road blocks for the parade that day to get to my venue in time. The cranberry sausage balls went so fast we didn't even have leftovers!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Angela · Married on 10/29/2017

The Chef Next Door helped to make my daughter's wedding a spectacular affair! Chef Margaret created a traditional southern buffet for 200 people, that received rave reviews from our guests. There's no need to call anyone else, I have found the only caterer I need!

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2017

Margaret is hands down the best caterer in Huntsville. I can't speak highly enough of her service, her responsiveness, and (of course) the delicious food. The Chef Next Door experience was immediately different from any other caterer I interviewed (probably seven total). Margaret presented me with a menu proposal, rather than handing me a binder full of options and telling me to "pick something." Margaret listened to what I was looking for, and customized a menu based on my requests. Margaret was also incredibly patient when I changed the full menu several times. She was never annoyed, or impatient, and made changes without hesitation.

I heard so many comments about how good the food was at the reception. Margaret created a beautiful display of delicious food that wowed every guest in the room. Her servers were polite and professional. The cost may be higher than other caterers in the area, but the product is well worth the price.

Sent on 01/15/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/16/2017

Margaret and her staff are so much fun to work with! She is so talented and her food is out of this world! We met with Margaret with a general idea of what we wanted and she immediately had suggestions. Our cocktail hour was Tex-Mex themed as a nod to my family's frequent patronage to a local Mexican restaurant. They passed hors d'oeuvre and made sure my groom and I had our fill even though we were visiting so much with everyone. And our family-style meal was southern and rich which my husband and I always crave. The menu she writes for her customers makes your mouth water just reading it. Our tasting was easy to schedule and she provided so much food. I wish we had brought more friends to our tasting! Margaret is down to earth and easy to work with. I felt comfortable enough to request any changes, but Margaret really hit it out of the park with our menu! Margaret worked with our rental companies to ensure we had the correct number of serving dishes and accessories for the meal. Everyone loved the food and the portions were overflowing! They even made sure our get away car had left overs packed. I can't tell you how happy that made us for our escape to the hotel that night! Thank you, Margaret and your whole team, for making our reception so memorable and delicious!

Sent on 10/10/2017
    The Chef Next Door 13
    The Chef Next Door 14
    The Chef Next Door 15
    The Chef Next Door 16

Lynsey · Married on 08/05/2017

Margaret did a great job creating a menu that accommodated all the elements of food we wanted! Not only did the menu impress us, but the quality and flavor blew us away! We knew no one would leave hungry. Margaret answered all of my emails in a timely manner and managed to make me feel at ease throughout the whole process! Definitely a MUST for any event!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/08/2017

The food for our wedding was amazing and just what we wanted! The Cheif Next Door was nothing short of fantastic!!! Tip for the couple getting married... ask for two to-go plates/boxes to be packed and ready to leave with you when you exit the reception (ours were waiting on us in the limo)! Our day and food was perfect thanks to Margaret and her team!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Maura · Married on 07/01/2017

Margaret and her team were a dream to work with! Planning a wedding in Alabama while living in Texas had all the potential to be a stressful process but Margaret made sure everything was easy and took my vision and made it a reality! She put us in touch with other vendors and answered every question with professionalism and care. My guests raved about the creative and delicious food long after the event! I will definitely use Margaret for any future event and I can’t recommend Chef Next Door highly enough to any future brides who are looking for the best wedding catering in Huntsville!

Ellen · Married on 06/17/2017

Margaret Baggett and her team were one of the true highlights of my daughter’s wedding. From the start of our planning, Margaret made us feel confident that she would have just what we were looking for to make the food a special part of our evening. From the passed hors d’oeuvres through all of the numerous food stations, every bite was delicious, perfectly prepared, beautifully presented and plentiful. She was quick to guide us to a proposed menu to fulfil our needs and wishes. She was very responsive to all of our questions and made us comfortable through the entire process. We received many compliments from our family, friends and guests, and would enthusiastically recommend Margaret and her team for any event where you need great food and want to delight your company.

Sent on 01/13/2018
    The Chef Next Door 17
    The Chef Next Door 18

C · Married on 06/11/2017

From the first time that my daughter (the bride) & I met with Margaret to begin the process of choosing a caterer, we were impressed with how she took the time to find out the couple's food preferences and styles to create a menu that was uniquely theirs! She was helpful, creative, & fun! Her team was wonderful at the reception! The serving tables were beautiful and we got lots of compliments on the delicious food!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    The Chef Next Door 19
    The Chef Next Door 20
    The Chef Next Door 21
    The Chef Next Door 22
    The Chef Next Door 23
    The Chef Next Door 24

Tia · Married on 06/10/2017

Margaret and her team were amazing! We loved being able to completely customize what food we served our guests and Margaret was very accommodating with everything we wanted. To this day we have people telling us that the food at our wedding was the best they've ever had! Her team was also extremely professional and made the entire process stress-free and fun. If you are looking for a custom menu with amazing food that everyone will remember - Margaret is the perfect choice!

Sent on 01/14/2018
    The Chef Next Door 25
    The Chef Next Door 26

Alysonne · Married on 05/06/2017

The Chef Next Door is a fantastic caterer for any event, but her charm and professionalism are so perfect for weddings.
    My now-husband and I really wanted an interesting menu for our wedding that would be a special part of the event. She was able to take our eclectic tastes and turn them into a one of a kind menu that our friends are still raving about: mini Bahn Mi sandwiches, assorted sushi with soy pipettes, ceviche on an edible cracker spoon, and a shrimp and grits bar for our Southern side, just to name a few. To top it all off, she provided our guests with late-night snacks of fried Scotch Eggs, which were phenomenal.

Not only did the Chef Next Door provide an incredible culinary experience for our wedding, but Margaret and her staff are pros. They arrived on time, set up beautifully, and kept everything running smoothly throughout the evening. We could also tell they were having fun, and that just added to the joy of the day. Margaret and her team are simply the best and I think the Chef Next Door would be the perfect caterer for any wedding.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Ciara · Married on 04/29/2017

Our food at our ceremony was perfectly delicious! The Chef Next Door really kept our guests coming back for more after they had eaten 2 plates already! Margaret easily provided my husband and I with a private meal so that we could enjoy her food before we were introduced to everyone. She was very flexible with the menu choices and prices! Her presentation was beautiful as well, would definitely recommend her and her team to anyone for any type of event!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Morgan · Married on 04/15/2017

Not only the best food, but super friendly staff. On top of everything and such a help on or big day. Personalized menu with this group is the way to go!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Tim · Married on 04/08/2017

Margaret is literally the best! She made our wedding absolutely stress free... and we weren't easy. We were out of towners, who work in the restaurant industry and wanted only the best... and we made special requests at every turn. Margaret went with all of it, with a smile and genuine excitement. We felt so lucky to have found her, and she's super reasonable with pricing... she even coordinated all of the dishes for us which was a huge help.

We loved the food, we loved working with her and her team, and everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about the meal, especially the Boursin Mac n Cheese!

100 out of 100, you must work with TheChefNextDoor!!! I hope your business grows leaps and bounds!

- Tim & Laura

Sent on 01/21/2018

Leslie · Married on 02/25/2017

We loved Margaret and Company!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Leigh · Married on 01/28/2017

The Chef Next Door and Chef Margaret did not disappoint! She was easy to plan our menu with and such a positive, enthusiastic person! She definitely goes above and beyond with special touches like our hot chocolate/coffee bar and to-go boxes for the bride and groom in case they didn't get to eat! Her and her team were very professional and made the "warm food, fully bellies" concept come to life! We received so many compliments on how great the food and service were! Thank you Margaret (and team) for all your hard work- it was wonderful!

Sent on 02/23/2017

Chelsea · Married on 01/14/2017

Using Margaret and her team for our wedding was one of our best decisions! Our guests LOVED the food and we were easily able to accommodate our guests dietary restrictions. From choosing the menu to the day of our wedding, our experience with Margaret was spectacular! We couldn’t recommend a better caterer :)

Kathy · Married on 11/20/2016

Margret with Chef Next Door was a pleasure to work with. She is cute as she can be, kind and positive. Important when you are planning a wedding reception. Her food is delicious and has a beautiful presentation. My guests went on and on about how wonderful the food was. Margret was very responsive in answering my questions. We sat down a couple times to talk about what to serve and how it was to be presented. We added a wonderful coffee and hot chocolate bar once we found out how cold the weather would be. She worked with me within my budget. I will use her again and highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Krista (for daughter Tara) · Married on 11/20/2016

Can't say enough positive things. Food was delicious. Price was very reasonable. Every panicked email to her was responded to quickly and with comments such as "No worries - we can do that!" Would highly recommend Chef Next Door to anyone looking for GREAT food at a GREAT price. Several people texted me after the wedding "the food was amazing!"

Sent on 11/30/2016

Katie · Married on 11/05/2016

Margaret is unreal. From the get-go I could tell she was as excited about my menu ideas as I was, if not more, and I knew she'd just kill it. I had super annoying requests like wanting desserts in cast iron skillets, an over the top charcuterie/bruschetta table, and salads in "stemless" martini glasses to name a few :) Margaret ran with everything and I honestly could not even imagine it to be more perfect than it was. The food was incredible, obviously. I still have people telling me about how amazing the southern food spread was (buttermilk friend chicken, shrimp and grits, garlic mashed potatoes, greens, etc. etc. etc.). Honestly I'd kill for another plate of everything. Her crew was awesome, every transition was seamless, and I could not be happier with the result!!

Sent on 11/30/2016