The Chateau Coindre Hall Reviews

The Chateau Coindre Hall 6
The Chateau Coindre Hall 7
  • Brooke

Brooke · Getting married on 10/25/2019

Coindre Hall was the best choice for our wedding ceremony and reception. John Schlenke and crew could not have been more nice, friendly, accommodating, and flexible. It was a PLEASURE doing business with Lessings. I recommend all brides check out Coindre Hall!

Sent on 10/22/2011

Meghan · Married on 05/26/2018

The Chateau at Coindre Hall was the most amazing, perfect and special wedding venue. The beautiful chateau is like a sophisticated, elegant, fairytale dream space. It's opulent, with a lovely and interesting layout, making use of the space in creative and special ways, and yet it remains a sense of intimacy. The food is just incredible and they have several bar points throughout the venue space to accommodate guests. Our guests were so well taken care of, and some even got a tour of the venue! I was an international bride, originally from NY and now living in London. Finding the right, special venue for our guests travelling internationally, and for local family and friends we don't often get to see was extremely important. Coindre Hall really delivers. And we have to say a huge thank you to John for everything he did to make our wedding day so, so special. It could not have gone any better and this is largely down to John and his team. The attention he gave to us as the bride and groom, our guests and the event itself was exceptional. There were so many little things that John did that really made a difference to us and the way he looked after us was amazing. Planning a wedding from overseas is challenging, but John never made it so. He is so responsive, professional and helpful, full of great suggestions and support. We can't recommend Coindre Hall enough. Meghan & Steve

Sent on 10/10/2018
    The Chateau Coindre Hall 15
    The Chateau Coindre Hall 16
    The Chateau Coindre Hall 17

MARY · Married on 04/21/2018

We had our wedding on 4/21/18 and were absolutely thrilled with how everything turned out. To start off, one of the best feelings in the world is being able to put your trust in the hands of others knowing that they won’t let you down (good marriage advice too!). Our Maitre’D John Schlenke was absolutely that person, I vividly remember my wife & I coming out of our menu choosing day w John blown away with his professionalism. John calls the weddings, “his wedding”, and he takes it as seriously as that. He gave us amazing ideas to make the night special, and guided us along the way. He was responsive and timely to every annoying question we asked. When it was showtime, John was always there to lead us in the right direction, make sure we were well fed, and was up to the task of dealing w 160+ ppl who had martinis during cocktail hour.
    As for the venue, I’m sure you’ve seen pictures, but it’s visually stunning and gives the guests a whole different feel to a typical wedding. Multiple rooms to explore and enjoy throughout the ceremony, but still with an intimate feel. And the dance floor being off the dining room worked out perfect, we had most everyone out there when it came time to party. Also your views of the beautiful trees and Long Island sound are amazing from the dining area. Plus...what’s better than getting married in a castle!
    The cocktail hour is something special, we added on raw & martini bar (like 15 different types of martinis) and it was a hit. You also get an endless amount of different appetizer choices to overwhelm your guests with as they explore the multitude of beautiful rooms and courtyards around them. People raved about it and John was nice enough to usher us to an outside table on the patio w two dishes he prepared for us (life saving stuff after a martini or two as guests mob you). Dinner is made to order and presented perfectly. The service for dinner is fancy, coordinated dinner reveals for the full table is a nice touch!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/17/2017

We had our wedding at Coindre hall this summer and it was the most amazing wedding and amazing experience! I have still been getting calls about how great the food was, how beautiful the space was and how great the staff was. We had such a great experience from start to finish! Caitlyn, the sales rep was 90% the reason we booked at Coindre Hall, she was helpful and understanding as well as supportive. We sat with her for over 2 hours discussing our event. The day of, John is awesome. He is extremely helpful, on point and gets back to you quickly about concerns. He took care of everything for us and even made sure we sat down at cocktail hour and brought us food. What a memorable experience and I am so glad we chose Coindre Hall as our venue!!

Sent on 07/28/2017

John at Coindre was wonderful to work with. I was looking for a Castle type venue and this was just so perfect and unique. Hundreds and hundreds of emails went back and forth between us the year between booking and wedding. He answered every question quickly and easily. We did a tasting at a venue with the same caterer – Three Village Inn – and the food was amazing. John spent 2 hours with us going over every last detail, the menu, the timeline, and the 2 pages of questions I had for him! He is always so patient and kind. We met up with John on the Wednesday before the wedding to do a full walk through, drop off our stuff, and discuss some final details. We did the rehearsal the Friday before and it was quick and easy. George took care of us and walked us through everything. On the day of, everyone was ready and was wonderful. John and George took care of us and made sure we had some food at cocktail hour and were where we needed to be! The ceremony went smoothly. The staff was amazing – from my perspective. We got drinks, took shots, ate food, and it was all wonderful. The food was excellent!! The mashed potato bar was a BIG hit! We also swapped out the cake for an Ice Cream Sundae bar and it was great – or so I heard, since I never made it over there! I was initially concerned about the separate dinner and dancing rooms, but it really was no big deal and people danced the night away! We were able to leave all of our stuff there and pick it up the next day, which was awesome. And it was packed up very nicely. I would absolutely recommend to anyone still looking for a unique venue!

Sent on 03/23/2017

Allison · Married on 12/10/2016

When I had first heard about it I was skeptical to say the least. I'm used to seeing gaudy mansions with the ugly carpets. When we walked in, I was instantaneously astonished. The historic, old feel of the building is magical to say the least. The decorations are tasteful and fitting. Once we booked, Lessings worked with us to meet every need from food, cake, signature cocktails, even down to letting us come in a few days before to decorate the hall the way I had envisioned it. John, the maitre d, and George, the captain, worked to make sure my day met every standard. Every decision they made was done purposefully and they truly knew how to throw a good party at that venue. I left with no complaints except for the fact that the night went so fast and I wanted just a few more hours! Perfect wedding venue.

Sent on 12/17/2016

Sue · Married on 06/10/2016

We can not say enough about how great our wedding was at Coindre Hall. John and his team were magnificent. Everything went so smoothly in the planning and on our big day. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was very professional. Our guests raved about how the wedding was perfect with every detail handled so nicely. We had the ceremony outside which was lovely. The cocktail hour was great, too. Many complimented us on the set-up of having the dancing in a separate room. Our elderly guest enjoyed having a place to talk and mingle while the others danced to our great band. Coindre Hall is a very special place. We loved having a chateau for the day. We couldn't have picked a better venue with such good service. We will miss working with John! He's terrific.

Sent on 06/30/2016

When my husband and I came home after our wedding, we had to laugh because our wedding was absolutely perfect- there was nothing about that day we would have wanted to change. Everything went off without a hitch, from getting ready in the bridal suite to taking our photographs on the grounds to the cocktail hour to the dancing to the dinner... I could go on and on! The food was incredible, it was all hot and cooked to perfection. The venue is gorgeous, you won't need to go anywhere else for photographs.

John was the greatest, there aren't enough words to complement him on how amazing he is. He genuinely wants your day to be perfect, and works to ensure that its as close to it as possible. The staff there is truly extraordinary, my guests are still praising the service!

This venue is special, as is it's staff. We feel so lucky that we came upon this venue and that we were able to celebrate our wedding here.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Maria · Married on 10/25/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Coindre Hall on October 25 and wanted to thank John Schlenke and the rest of the staff at Coindre Hall for making our dream come true.
    The venue itself is unique and absolutely gorgeous, which is exactly what we wanted - not your cookie cutter Long Island wedding hall, but an actual landmark with beautiful views of the harbor in the back. Our guests appreciated the venue too and many commented on what a beautiful choice of venue we made.
    But most importantly, we would like to praise our maitre'd, John, for his hard work and patience in making sure all our wishes were accommodated and making our big day run smoothly. From our first meeting, John assured us we were in good hands and he delivered on his promise. He listened to our requests, took notes and turned them into reality. Even though we had a lot of non traditional ideas for our wedding and were very particular about details, he didn't discourage us or try to force his vision on us but rather did everything he could to make it happen the way we wanted it, and it paid off - we ended up having a great party and best memories!
    John was responsive to our emails and calls from the moment we booked until the day of the wedding and was flexible about last minute guest list and seat assignment changes, which we really appreciated.
    The food was fantastic as well and we've got a number of compliments from our guests about the food.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/10/2015

Chateau at Coindre Hall’s charm is, in short, magical. From the moment you drive up to its secluded setting you feel like you are transformed back in time. The dynamics of the venue offer a wedding event like no other as guests are greeted with champagne and allowed to roam the grounds uninhibited. There is such an intimacy to the place that you’ll feel as though it truly is yours.
    The soul of it though, in my personal experience, was John, our event coordinator. To say John is diligent is an understatement – he knows his venue inside and out. My husband and I found John to be such a calming presence, from the first time we met him, until the day of our wedding. He created a beautiful ambiance, catered to our every need (without us even having to ask) and commanded his staff to make sure that each and every guest was attended to.
    The combination of the venue and its service is invaluable and I strongly recommend it for your wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Jill · Married on 09/06/2015

We couldn't have chosen a better venue than Coindre Hall. My husband and I were looking for something different and not a "wedding factory". That is what we found in Coindre Hall. The beautiful castle-like mansion was charming and homey. Since they only book one venue per day we felt extra special and like we were really being taken care of. A big plus was that they allowed us to get there at 12pm even though our reception was at 5pm so we could use the bridal suite and grounds for our pictures (and we got a lot of great ones)!

John was so accommodating and flexible! He went above and beyond for us. Even though the bus with our guests showed up 45 minutes late (which was so stressful), he made sure that everything ran smoothly giving us extra time and not rushing us. Everyone loved the food, especially the shrimp risotto. Thank you John and Coindre Hall for making our day so special!

Sent on 09/27/2016

We can not say enough fabulous things about Coindre Hall. We had such a beautiful ceremony and reception. We loved working with John and he kept everything running smoothly and on time, so that we didn't have to worry about a thing! Our reception was gorgeous, loved that the dinning room and ballroom were separate, the dancing never stopped. We are so thankful our friends recommended Coindre to us. We can't thank the staff at Coindre enough for making our wedding the Best Day Ever!!!

Sent on 07/21/2015

I am so, so happy we found Coindre Hall when we started planning our wedding. From the moment we drove up the driveway and first saw the Chateau, we knew we wanted to have our wedding here. Getting married at Coindre Hall was like a fairytale. The grounds are absolutely breathtaking and we LOVED how the venue took place in different rooms - and how our guests had access to the whole mansion (inside and outside) throughout the night. We did not want to have our wedding in a typical one-room catering hall like most of the Long Island weddings. Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and we can't imagine having it anywhere else other than Coindre Hall.
    John, the Catering Director and Maitre' D was amazing throughout the entire process. Kind, professional, flexible, and reliable... he was always there to answer all of our questions and accommodate to all of our request. On the wedding day, I completely trusted him to oversee everything and he did an amazing job. To John and Lessings, thank you SO much for making our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 07/27/2015

sabrina · Married on 07/20/2014

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect place for our ceremony and reception. The good is delicious not like your typical generic catering hall food. Having a wedding at coindre hall is a unique wedding experience that is so beautiful and fun. Or guests still complement us on our venue selection as well as the food.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Meredith · Married on 03/23/2014

SImply the best. I couldn't imagine a more perfect place to get married. Run, don't walk to get married at the Chateau at Coindre Hall. From the food to the service to the areas to get dressed simply perfect. Don't get a big band, the room is small for dancing and a large band will overpower it. I went very simple with flowers. I enjoyed using their florist. The bakery made a beautiful cake and pastry platters but I did not like their cookies so I ordered French macaroons from Kiss me Cake in Huntington. Terrific and unforgettable.

Sent on 05/09/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding reception. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, even when it's a cold day in March, there's snow still on the ground, and the sun sets early. A short car drive will bring you to Huntington Harbor where you can take some gorgeous wedding photos. The inside of the Hall is just as beautiful and timeless. We had the buffet-style dinner under the recommendation of Dan, the general manager - everything was delicious and we wished that we had more time to eat that night. The cocktail food was also amazing (fortunately, we attended the tasting when we got to try as much as we wanted since we didn't get any on our wedding day!) John, the maitre'd was so patient with us in helping us plan that evening from beginning to end, plan the menu, and help arrange everything with all of our wedding coordinators. We were behind schedule sometimes throughout the night but John did his best to help us keep to the schedule as much as possible without pushing us, allowing us to still enjoy ourselves. We would do this all over again! Thank you John, Dan, Faith, and Mirabelle Catering for running a fantastic reception for us!

Christine & Sam

Sent on 12/31/2014

Coindre Hall

We cannot say enough positive things about Coindre Hall. It is elegance and class on every level. We had only 100 people at the reception, and thus it was a very intimate party (but definitely with room to comfortably fit more tables). Our guests loved the unique layout of Coindre. They LOVED that the reception in was in one room, and the dancing was in an adjoining room. People who wanted to party and dance could do so on the dance floor, and those who wished to talk really liked that they could have a conversation in the reception room without shouting.

The food was excellent. Lessings does an outstanding job. Everything we had was hot, delicious and nicely presented. Cocktail hour was great in variety, quality and quantity, as is expected for a Long Island wedding. Dinner was great and well paced. The wedding cake from Black Forest Bakery in Lindenhurst was awesome. We also had a small groom’s cake – also excellent.

Much of the credit for this review and the smoothness of the day must go to John Schlenke , the maître d’ (with shout-outs to the ladies in the Lessings office – Faith and Evelyn). John is a professional on every level, and went out of his way to make sure that everything was as perfect as possible for our wedding day. He was patient with all requests, prompt with answers to all emails, and thoughtful in the helpful suggestions that he made. From the moment we arrived after the church on our wedding day, John came out to greet us at the car like we were coming “home”. It made us feel great and was a fun way to start the day. He paced the whole day perfectly, everything flowed, and fortunately, there was nothing about the day that went wrong or that I would have changed. John treats Coindre Hall with the same respect and care that you would treat your own home, and this goes a long way in explaining why Coindre Hall is a classy venue for an elegant and fun Long Island Wedding.

Christina and Darius

Sent on 01/08/2014

I could not have asked for a more perfect place to be married. It should be obvious from the other reviews that John and his staff are absolutely amazing to work with-- they were wonderful at coordinating our guests, vendors, bridal party and staff. John was even able to deliver the sun just in time for our ceremony under the tree :) The whole day ran so smoothly. We felt so confident that the staff at Coindre Hall would take care of us. Several of our guests told us this was the best wedding food they ever tasted. Cocktail hour was amazing and the main courses were delicious (roasted chicken, steak and pesto shrimp in a lobster risotto)- John was a huge help in selecting the perfect menu. Our guests absolutely loved the venue and thought the ceremony under the tree was romantic and really intimate. We had a photo booth in the room by the bathroom and it was a huge hit. There is a ton of flexibility with the space. I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone

Sent on 10/15/2013

The Chateau Coindre Hall's reply:

We are so happy that we were able to make your special day extraordinary! We know that sometimes weather can be a scary factor when having an outdoor ceremony but we are so glad that it worked out perfectly for you and your now husband! We hope that you come by to visit us at Mirabelle soon and wish you the most happiness in your future!

• Frances

Frances · Married on 07/27/2013

The Chateau at Coindre hall was the most beautiful venue for my vintage/ shabby chic wedding. Every single member of the staff was great and the maître d John was incredible. Any snags that occurred that day I didn't even learn of until later because John was so quick to handle any situation to arise. The day went so smoothly and John has a way of making you feel like you and your husband to be are having the most important event of the year. All the focus is on the day and the bride and groom. The food was phenomenal and Coindre hall was super attentive to any special requests or details. Everything was perfect and my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams with so much help from John and the staff at Coindre hall!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Frances,

Thank you so much for the rave reviews. We try out very hardest to attend to every need of the Bride and Groom on their special day, and are so glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations!

We look forward to hopefully having you and your new husband visit us at Mirabelle for Dinner soon!

Christine · Married on 07/13/2013

John who was in charge of our wedding was absolutely amazing. He was there every step of the way, helping with every single detail we didn't even think of. The staff on our wedding was day couldn't have been more fabulous. They were the nicest and most tentative staff members I could've asked for. All of my guests raved about how amazing they were. The food was also spectacular. There was not one thing that was bad. The food was so good, I ended up eating my husbands food as well. I would recommend Coindre Hall to anyone. Everyone there was just so amazing and I would not have changed anything if I could do it over.
    Christine and Gavin

Sent on 07/20/2014
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/14/2012

The entire staff at Coindre Hall and the Lessing's Group were wonderful to work with! We were planning our wedding from California and they responded quickly to phone calls and emails and were very flexible with appointment times when we were in town. John exceeded our expectations for a maitre d! We were running slightly behind schedule and John was a great help in keeping the group focused and back on track.
    Having grown up on Long Island, we were looking for a unique venue that my husband and I had not been to before. In addition to that, it was very important to us that we were the only event going on at the venue that day. Not only did Coindre Hall meet all of those requirements, Coindre Hall was the final piece of the puzzle in completing our fairy tale wedding! We had our first look in the courtyard, our ceremony outside on the front lawn and we even got to take personal photos on the back lawn with the harbor in the background!
    And the best part about using the Lessing Group is not only do they have spectacular venues, the food is equally outstanding! They were flexible with our menu selections and even got sea bass for the groom (which was not on the menu)! Our package came with a wedding cake and after visiting with the bakery, we decided we didn't want to use them. John was very accommodating in letting us bring in a cake from a different bakery.
    No matter what we write in this review, it will never be sufficient in explaining how exceptionally satisfied we were with Coindre Hall. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/26/2012

The Chateau Coindre Hall's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Lisa! We are so happy that we were able to accommodate you and your husbands requests and help make your wedding day a dream come true. We hope that you come to visit us at Mirabelle soon and wish you all the happiness.

Chateau at Coindre Hall

Coindre Hall was the PERFECT place on Long Island for our wedding. We were looking for something unique that felt like it could be personalized for us instead of a cookie cutter factory that pumps out the same weddings all the time. This was not easy on LI, until I found Coindre. John was absolutely the best to work with. He always responded to my emails promptly (and I did ask a lot of questions) and was always flexible and willing to make any of our requests happen. Aside of the overall look of the venue, my favorite part was that there is no other event the same day as the wedding. My parents, girlfriends, and I did a lot of DIY for this wedding. We were able to get to the hall at 9:30am so that we could build decor and set everything up. John went above and beyond helping us. We had planned for an outdoor ceremony but because of rain and coldness we were forced to be inside. But it looked absolutely beautiful and everything went smoothly regardless of the change in plans. The food was also excellent. I would definitely recommend Coindre for a wedding!

Sent on 11/04/2012

You will not find a more elegant, quality venue. Just look at their website or schedule a tour of the place with John Schlenke and you will be amazed. You need very little additional decoration because Coindre Hall is already so ornate. The food, by Mirabelle, their in-house caterer, was nothing short of fine cuisine. The staff, will impress with their professionalism and truly genuine dedication to making your day perfect. Say "I do" to a wedding at Coindre Hall and they wont disappoint.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Justine · Married on 04/29/2012

The mansion is beautiful and looks amazing in pictures. My husband and I were married on the grass under the beautiful tree in front of the mansion in which provided gorgeous and breathtaking photos.The staff was extremely assertive and precise. All staff were very professional and did an amazing job with the set-up and the transitioning from ceremony, cocktail hour, etc. by leading our guest from room to room. I love the elegance of Coindre Hall, a truly unique and special place for your wedding day. All my guest were so impressed with grounds as well as the food, (catered by Three Village Inn). Our maitre d' John Schlenke was above and beyond helpful. John did everything to make the day run smoothly and keep guest happy. I love Coindre Hall, it is a beautiful and well run vendor.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Laura · Married on 04/28/2012

Had our ceremony and reception at Coindre Hall. John, the general manager, was professional, flexible, and a great guy to work with. The place is just stunning, and offers really unique picture opportunities and a party atmosphere. It's a little tough to find, but very much worth the effort for you and your guests.

Sent on 06/14/2012