The Chateau at Incline Village Reviews

67 | Incline Village, NV

67 Reviews for The Chateau at Incline Village

Cathy was an absolute professional to work with from the moment we met her. I could write pages about how easy she made the whole process, but I will try to consolidate. My husband and I are both in the military, stationed on different sides of the East Coast, and planned our wedding across the country. We met Cathy a year and a half before our wedding when we visited Lake Tahoe to find our venue. Leading up to the wedding, I spent hours coordinating every aspect with Cathy. She helped with the ballroom layout, dinner selection, general timeline, etc. Due to Cathy’s experience, patience, and creativity, she was able to provide many suggestions and guide me through the process. I had numerous questions about finer details of our reception, and she was always quick to respond or available for my phone calls. Cathy is such a sweet and pleasant person to work with, and will always go out of her way to ensure you feel comfortable with the plan and answer any questions. The venue was perfect. We rented out the whole ballroom, so our reception felt so inclusive with just our guests. The venue is surrounded by mountains, has a beautiful balcony that wraps around, high ceilings with chandeliers, a fireplace on each side, dance floor, plenty of space for the DJ and any extra tables you want, etc. I received so many compliments from friends and family about how beautiful our reception was. After our ceremony at St. Francis of Assisi, my husband and I left to take portraits by The Lake, which took a lot longer than we anticipated. Although Cathy had a timeline set with serving dinner, she was extremely flexible and understanding when we got back a lot later than we had planned. The entire reception went perfectly smoothly, from the champagne toast to dinner, to all the other events, and finally the cake cutting. We would have never chosen a different venue for our wedding reception; not only was it of course a gorgeous place, but also Cathy was so organized and knowledgeable.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Susan · Married on 06/04/2016

We used the Chateau/Grille for the rehearsal dinner. It was a fabulousl evening and the staff was amazing. All weekend (we had the same staff) they were helpful, accommodating, and a joy to work with. They added to the overall wonderful experience.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Aspen Grove was an amazing place to hold a wedding. Beautiful setting that calmed the bride : ) And Diamond Peak worked out so well for the reception. We were thrilled that they made the patio look like an outdoor lounge with furniture and fire pits. With linens and flowers it looked great. Cathy and the whole staff that helped us along the way were fantastic. Relaxed, but efficient, experienced, very capable and super friendly. It made our special day that much better.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Audrey · Married on 08/13/2015

We used the The Chateau for our wedding ceremony + reception in August 2015. Ceremony on the green, reception inside the main building. I only have amazing things to say of our experience. Beautiful venue, great views, great food, great team to work with (we worked with Cathy) ... all for a great price. I would recommend this place for any couple. Thank you to the whole team at The Chateau!!

Sent on 03/21/2016

The Chateau at Incline Village's reply:

HI Audrey, Thank you so much for your kind review! I just posted linked it to our Facebook page. Come back and visit when you are in the area.

Kathryn · Married on 10/04/2014

Would highly recommend! Simply the nicest people to work with! Kathy, Maggie and Chef Bill are all marvelous and so flexible to make your dream wedding come true. They are passionate about having a wonderful party and will work very closely to make sure all layout and timeline details will flow gracefully into the night. We can't wait to go visit for a drink/ lunch!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Christy · Married on 02/11/2011

The Chateau is a great location! The food was EXCELLENT and Maggi who handles the catering was great! We would recommend this venue to anyone getting married in the Tahoe area.

Sent on 02/17/2011

Tony · Married on 12/26/2009

Man this place is beautiful. I love how we can see everything

Sent on 05/24/2010

Candice · Married on 08/15/2009

The Chateau at Incline Village is a great spot. I had my ceremony outdoors on the lawn and the cocktail hour on their large balcony, both with a beautiful view of the golf course. The reception dining room has nice tall ceilings and a stone fireplace on each side. This venue captures the Lake Tahoe feel in a clean and modern way. The staff was very accommodating and easy to work with. Their catering team ensured that my wedding flowed nicely and the food was fantastic. I would highly recommend this space!

Sent on 10/08/2009
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/29/2017

I loved my wedding! I had a beautiful wedding venue for my ceremony and my reception. The cost is pricey but worth it. My only issue is that while my husband and I were dancing our dinner was cleared off our table and we didn't get to finish our meal which was delicious but we were staving by the end of the night. Late night pizza was fabulous and our signature drinks were absolutely amazing!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Hi Courtney,

I loved your Once Upon a Time themed wedding! It was quite a beautiful evening, I'm sorry our servers were overzealous with cleaning up, had I known I would've made sure you received additional food.

Best Wishes,
    Lauren

Stephanie · Married on 07/17/2017

We got married in July 2017 and the weather was perfect at Aspen Grove! There is a stream behind the back drop of the ceremony area that gives it a lovely trickle background and an excellent spot for pictures. Lauren was wonderful to work with via email and in person. She met us for the sign-up, gave us a tour and talked details. She was also there for the rehearsal the day before and all the way through the ceremony. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They dress the area beautifully for the food presentation. There was plenty of parking in addition to the reserved parking spaces given. As a resident pass holder, we got to take go right across to the beaches and take beautiful pictures by the beach. Loved this location

Sent on 07/28/2017

Lisa · Married on 03/03/2017

I'm a local in Incline Village so this venue was just perfect for us. The staff was so helpful in laying everything out just how I wanted and ensuring that everything went smoothly. The bartender was excellent. The team coordinating everything was polished and on point. We had a group of about 75 people and we had plenty of room, but the space didn't feel empty.

I HIGHLY recommend attending their food and beverage tasting if you book with them. It helped me prepare for so much!

The Facilities:
    We took advantage of their bride and groom suites to stay hidden before the ceremony. They were spacious enough for our small wedding party and thank goodness they had a fan! Those dresses trap heat...

We did our ceremony inside (it was March and cold outside) by the fireplace, then had cocktail hour in the grill with the beautiful views of the golf course. We even saw a bob cat walking across the snow! They reset side of the main ballroom that had been set for the ceremony for dinner during cocktail hour. From what I and my guests experienced, it was seamless.

Decor:
    We brought/made a lot of our own decor, but their staff was super helpful to my event coordinator in laying everything out. (I also hired a separate event coordinator in addition to the support I got from the Chateau, might have been overkill, but peace of mind is a gift).

The Food:
    We opted to do family style service where platters of each dish were brought out to the tables. We figured it was a nice mix between a buffet (eat as much as you like and what you like, but wait in line) and a plated (lots more coordination, can't change your mind, slow) dinner. It worked out beautifully. We had the Mashed Potatoes, Tri-Tip, Salmon, Seasonal veggies and the nut & arugula salad. It was all so tasty. I actually ate seconds of the potatoes (who knew a bride had time for that!).

The Beverages:
    Good selection of wines and beer. We opted for the Call Bar Package.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Sheila · Married on 12/08/2016

The venue was perfect. The staff did more than required and were fantastic. Always friendly and courteous and very helpful. I would pick this location again for other events. Excited to have been there for my daughters wedding. The lighting coming through the windows of the Chateau made the event even nicer. We felt like part of the outside was inside and with the snow and winter scenery it was just amazing.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Jamin · Married on 10/31/2016

My now wife and I were getting married on a budget and we did a TON of research on Lake Tahoe venues. We saw all of the popular ones. We looked at all of the most popular Tahoe venues (more than 25) and none of them really compared with the VALUE we got with The Chateau. We wanted something that had the had the extravagant beauty of Tahoe without the extravagant price. We found The Chateau and never looked back
    The staff that we worked with were exemplary. Cathy and Lauren were both great. When we were first considering the Chateau they were somewhat slow to respond to our questions, once we were booked however they almost always responded within the hour and were remarkably open to our requests. The real stars of the venue were the day staff who made everything go so smoothly. When our wedding coordinator (not from the venue) made some SERIOUS mistakes they were able to smooth everything over in a calm and helpful manner.
    My wife and I wanted a winter wedding, and we certainly got it (12 inches of snow that night) and it lead to an absolutely beautiful ceremony that was so much nicer than anything we had hoped for and allowed for AMAZING photography. When we realized that we would need to do the wedding indoors due to the inclement weather we were initially disappointed but when we saw the alternative were were so glad we switched.
    The food was spectacular, we had the Prime Rib and the Pacific Salmon and it was definitely the best food I've ever had at a wedding. This was also the main feedback from our guests; the food was easily five star quality. I’m pretty sure most people went back for seconds.
    This is also where I should mention the price. The value of the Chateau completely surpassed any venue in the area. Trust me, I’ve done the research and have the Pivot Tables & Charts to prove it. Let me put it this way, we paid approximately 60% of the price we would have paid at Edgewood for what I believe was ultimately a better venue, with better food.

Sent on 04/09/2017

Veronica · Married on 06/04/2016

Our June wedding at the Chateau was everything we had hoped and more. Cathy was SO accommodating and helpful throughout the whole process (especially since I was planning from out of state). We had the rehearsal dinner at the Grille the night before and a brunch at the Aspen Grove the morning after, and the entire team was just incredible. They were so friendly and prompt with their service - our guests raved about the staff and how well the reception flowed. The food and drinks were amazing! I highly recommend the Chateau for events!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Christina · Married on 06/07/2008

I loved my wedding reception at The Chateau. One huge benefit is the lack of taxes paid on this location. This is a large savings when you consider the expense of the location and catering. Taxes add up. They were very easy to deal with. The location doesn't have the best views of Lake Tahoe (you are not lake-front), but the aesthetics of the hall is that of a classy cabin feel - loved it!!! The best prime rib around too - way worth the extra expense. Excellent food overall. The only reason I didn't give them 5/5 stars is that they changed my keg from Sierra Nevada to Bud Light without contacting me. Apparently there was another bride with the same first name getting married in a different location there that day. They changed both of the kegs to the other brides choice instead of contacting me to verify the change. They made the situation right though by adjusting the price. We had more people show up than RSVP'd too, and they were very accommodating to that upset in the schedule. Wonderful bartender, chef, and staff!

Sent on 03/21/2011
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 07/20/2019

Budget-friendly Dreamland

Aspen Grove was a fantastic place to get married! Our guests enjoyed the scenery and the ambiance that it provided. The food was outstanding and the staff was very kind. Couple things to keep in mind - this is a lower budget venue, so you need to plan a lot to bring it to life. If you're up for that, this is your place! Lauren was responsive and had answers to my several questions while planning.

Tips: they say parking is reserved for 10 spots, but there is just a normal beach parking lot person at the front and they will not enforce for your wedding. Bring toilet paper because bathrooms are not restocked/cleaned through the night at 2 bathrooms for over 100 people means lots of TP is used!

Sent on 08/15/2019

The Chateau at Incline Village's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're always looking for ways that we can improve and appreciate the kind words.
    We're always more than happy to clean and restock the bathrooms during the event, at times it is harder to maintain due to the high volume of usage and that it is in a park setting.
    Again, thank you for your review and best wishes to you and your husband! We hope to see you two soon!!

Roxana · Married on 05/17/2019

Stunning Location & a team that makes planning a wedding a breeze

Lauren and her team are amazing and such a pleasure to work with. They made the planning process a breeze and really helped me walk through everything. Extremely professional and the day went off without a hitch they are experts at what they do. We had a large wedding 250 guests and they easily helped accommodated us as the guest list grew. The venue is stunning and all my guest have not stopped talking about the natural beauty of the location. The food is also very good we did the tasting and I don’t think you can really go wrong with anything you pick. We also had open bar for a few hours and we were very impressed at how the bar staff was able to handle such a large crowd without a problem. The Chateau team really helps simply a stressful process so you can enjoy your day.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Hi Roxana,
    I'm so glad that you & Jorge enjoyed your beautiful wedding day! We were happy to assist you in your planning process to ensure the wedding day was exactly how you dreamed it would be.
    Please don't hesitate to stop in if you're in the area, we love to catch up with our couples!
    -Lauren

Ashley Martin · Married on 12/20/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue!!

The Chateau was the PERFECT place to have our wedding. My fiancé and I fell I love with the venue the first time we visited last January. We loved it even without hardly any decorations. Having so many windows almost brings the outdoors inside.

Lauren responded almost immediately when I first inquired about the venue. She always responded to my e-mails and phone calls in a timely-manner.

When it came to the food, I was very hesitant to spend a lot of money. However, I can say that the food was delicious and our guests loved having a breakfast buffet for dinner.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this venue with a 10/10.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Ashley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It seemed like a perfect winter wedding and it was a great way to kick off the holiday season!
    All our best to you and Kyler!

Cheyanne · Married on 09/09/2018

It was amazing! It is such a beautiful location and doesn’t require a lot of decorating. We got married at Aspen Grove and it was beautiful. The staff was super helpful and just the best. We got there and they just were helpful. I will share pictures once I have some

Sent on 09/14/2018

Hi Cheyanne,

Thank you for your review! We're so glad you had a beautiful day at Aspen Grove. We'd love to see some photos :)

Amanda · Married on 07/14/2018

This was such a perfect spot for our reception! We were blown away with how lovely it turned out, and the staff was so great about answering our every question and allowing us to store a few items the night before! Just had a few errors that we were able to quickly identify and fix on the charges, but again, not a problem as it was so quickly taken care of!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your review. It was a beautiful summer wedding and we're so glad you enjoyed your day!

Judy · Married on 08/14/2016

The Chateau did an excellent job. The outdoor ceremony site was beautiful!

Sent on 08/26/2016

J&D · Married on 07/30/2016

If you are looking for a lovely outdoor venue in the North Lake Tahoe region, look no further than Aspen Grove. Friendly and accommodating staff, great food and service...all of our guests said it was the very best wedding they had ever beed to.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Mary Ann · Married on 03/12/2016

The location was stunning and working with Cathy Becker was such a pleasant experience. Would definitely recommend this location for future events.

Sent on 03/20/2016

megan · Married on 05/09/2015

We had an amazing experience with this venue. It held a huge amount of people, had beautiful lighting from the fireplaces and wood beams. We had so much space for dancing and socializing. The wrap around deck was to die for and we were able to accommodate our disabled guests perfectly. Would highly recommmend!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Marisela · Married on 05/30/2010

This place is known for it's landscape the architecture, the weather and also it's wonderful service. They are very nice and the food is wonderful and their facility is just beautiful. The last time we were here, I'm not sure if the wedding coordinators were part of this venue or an outside party, but they were all over the place.
    Otherwise, it's wonderful!