41 Reviews for The Charles Mack Citizen Center

Chair Covers (1)
Barware (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
38 The Charles Mack Citizen Center Reviews

The staff at The Charles Mack Center could not have been nicer or more accommodating for our daughter's wedding and reception. We had plenty of space, facilities were clean and we had everything we needed for our event.

Profile Picture Cindy, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Charles Mack Citizen Center made our wedding a perfect day. We had our ceremony in Alice's Garden and it was just an absolutely beautiful setting. Our reception followed in the Burlington/Moore room. It was the perfect space and exactly what we were looking for to celebrate with our family and friends. Thanks to everyone there!

Profile Picture Karen, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding/reception at the Charles Mack Citizen Center on March 18,2017. I chose the venue because it was beautiful AND much more affordable than several others. The staff was extremly helpful and friendly during the entire process of planning our wedding. A huge shout out to venue's Coordinator, Vickie Morrow! She assisted my mother and caterer when picking out the best linens, chairs, decor for our ceremony and reception. She was open to all of our ideas and also gave us great suggestions. The day of the wedding was perfect, and the staff at Charles Mack was on their A-Game. We had our ceremony in Alice Garden (one of the two courtyards at Charles Mack) and our cocktail hour was in Kellys Courtyard. Despite a little rain before our ceremony, it cleared up, the sun came out, and the courtyard was an amazing setting. With the spring flowers beginning to bloom to the fountain in the courtyard, it was truly magical. Our reception was held indoors in the Moore/Burlington/Lowrance rooms. The space was perfect for our 200 guests. I would also recommend using the Chivari chairs that the venues rents out (very fancy looking) and the drapes/fairy lights for the ceiling. They really make the space feel even more romantic and warm. I am so thankful to have had my wedding here and I would highly recommend this place to all brides!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Stephanie was awesome to work with!

Profile Picture Tina, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

I had my wedding at the Charles Mack Citizen center and everything was wonderful. Vickie Meadows and the rest of the team were very responsive. I knew if I sent an email I would hear back the same day. We were planning to have an outdoor wedding but because it was so hot that week we changed it to an indoor wedding. Vickie immediately gave me some back up ideas. This venue is very affordable and have a lot of different options. They also hold a bridal fair, which I found very helpful since I was not too familiar with the area. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is having an event.

Profile Picture Brittaney, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Linens, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery

The staff was absolutely amazing! Stephanie and her team were a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Darshica, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Vickie is awesome - she helped from beginning to end and she knows her stuff!
The outdoor courtyard is BEAUTIFUL - Unfortunately, it rained on my wedding day so we had to go inside (Which is a huge advantage - you have the flexibility to use indoor space if it rains and there is space available.) CMCC is very affordable, and you have a lot more flexibility than most wedding venues, which you will find typically make you use THEIR vendors (in other words, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!) The only thing to keep in mind with CMCC is that it is a DIY type of venue - all they set up is tables/chairs. If you use their linens, they will set that up as well, but everything else is up to you. (Centerpieces, gift tables, cake table, etc.) I was fortunate to have my dad, father-in-law, sister and dad's friend to help with the set up! If you have a lot to set up, make sure you have people who you can enlist for help! I saved money by buying plastic tablecloths ($1 each) instead of renting their linens and they didn't look bad at all! The people working there on the day of for set up were awesome and very helpful and accommodating. My husband and I had a budget of $5,000 for the entire wedding - it was beautiful and we made it work!! If you are trying to keep it cheap, but still have a BEAUTIFUL wedding, Charles Mack Citizen Center should DEFINITELY be on your list!

Profile Picture pam, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking

The Charles Mack Center is a GREAT place for a reception. They also have a beautiful garden for the ceremony but we were married in a church instead. The Reception hall was PERFECT - we had a cute garden guests could mingle in for the cocktail hour the reception was 3 large rooms with TALL ceilings - we had white draperies hanging across the ceiling with white lights in them - it looked wonderful! They also have 3 projection screens that can come down from the ceiling which we used to show a video/slideshow during the father/daughter and mother/son dances - it was so special and professional looking!The people are VERY helpful and accommodating. The value is amazing as well compared to ALL other places we looked at. we are so thankful for the Charles Mack Center and all the people there that made our reception so wonderful! we had so many compliments and the space was just perfect!

Profile Picture User4244576, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You won't believe your eyes when you see this place. It is beautiful, well layed out and conducive to any size event. The facility director Stephanie Crisco was amazing to work with. She was so accommodating and so was her staff. We looked all over the Lake Norman area and none was better but all were more expensive. You can't go wrong with this place for any event.

Profile Picture ROBERT, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

The citizens center was the perfect venue for our wedding! All of the staff was so easy to work with! All of the information is right there on the website! It was nice thAt I didn't have to go searching for answers or try to recall tiny details! I used the Burlington, Moore and Lowrance rooms with the ball room windows! It turned out do beautiful! I would recommend spending the extra money on the ceiling drapery! It is worth it! Everyone commented on what a unique and elegant touch it was! The only draw back to booking these rooms is the cap on guest count. With the round tables, 225 is max. This was a pretty tight fit too! Everything turned out great! Couldn't be happier with my choice!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a lovely venue for a wedding and reception. Mooresville is a quaint little town. The Moore and Burlington rooms have beautiful lighting. The gardens on site are perfect for photographs. There is parking close by and plenty of facilities nearby for guests to utilize. We were very pleased with the venue and the friendly staff members.

Profile Picture User3605743, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very very affordable and convent location. Staff were very helpful in helping plan our dream wedding within our budget. Facility was very clean and updated.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They we wonderful to work with and made our wedding beautiful and memorable!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/26/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Charles Mack Citizen Center was the perfect venue to host our daughter's wedding reception. I knew from my first meeting with Vickie that we were in very good hands. The entire staff worked hard to make sure everything was just as we envisioned. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Profile Picture Kathi, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The staff at Charles Mack was very friendly and easy to work with. Vickie was helpful keeping in contact with me, and helping me order linens, and showing me how to set the room up. The room looked amazing with the tables set up and the chair covers made it look amazing. The courtyard was perfect for the ceremony and there was plenty of room for big weddings! Beautiful venue, and it was so great to find a beautiful place to have a ceremony and reception at the same place!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently had our wedding and reception at this location. I must say everything was amazing from the professional staff to the clean and spacious venue. From the time I booked this venue to the day of our event, the coordinator and administrative staff were more than helpful. The prices are great and you would receive top notch service. If you don't believe me take a look at the photo gallery on the site of check more on Facebook. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture User3629926, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are extremely pleased with the Charles Mack Citizen Center. Both the location and staff were wonderful! We worked with Stephanie C. and Vickie M. from start to finish in our wedding plan process. They helped us a great deal, answered all of our questions, took a lot of the stress out of planning our wedding, and took care of us down to the last detail on the day of our wedding. We used the Alice Garden Courtyard for our ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. We also used the Cedars and Peddlers ballrooms for our reception space and had plenty of room and they looked great. CMCC is an absolute gem for both service and quality and not to mention affordability. We would absolutely recommend CMCC to anyone needing a venue space. Thank you Stephanie, Vickie, and all CMCC staff for a wonderful wedding and all of your help!

Profile Picture Millie, 7/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Charles Mack Citizen Center went well above my expectations to make our special day most memorable.

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/29/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was very satisfied and thoroughly impressed with my service from the Charles Mack Citizens Center. I am a very hard person to please, but Stephanie and Vickie, really the whole staff made my wedding planning process vey easy. I planned my wedding from another state and they were flexible with last minute changes as well as open to giving me suggestions, being that I was not from the area. The Charles Mack is a hidden gem. Thanks for everything and making my wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Shinora, 6/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend Charles Mack Citizen Center for you next event. My husband and I searched and searched for the right, affordable place. We had to accommodate a few elderly grandparents while not being too far from the church we were getting married at. With the elevators, and wheel chair ramps, this made it very possible. It may be a senior citizen center, but my guests would have not known any different. The prices and rates didn't make you feel like you were being taken advantage of.
The staff and service you get is immeccable. From working with Stephanie Crisco to planning and booking to Vicki Morrow viewing the room prior to the day and envisioning the way I want it. She offered suggestions and went far and beyond. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff to work with. My wedding day went perfect and Charles Mack Citizen Center helped make that possible.

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All staff very helpful and organized. They made this event planning easier for me and ensured everything ran smoothly!

Profile Picture Meredith, 8/11/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's reception was held at the Charles Mack Citizen Center on April 21, 2012. Vickie Morrow and Stephanie Crisco as well as the entire staff were very helpful. Everything was set up and waiting on me when I arrived around 9:00. We couldn't have asked for a better place to hold the reception.

Profile Picture Suzie, 4/21/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Stephanie Crisco and all the staff at the Charles Mack Center were great to plan and work with during my daughter's wedding preparations and at the actual reception! The caterers she recommended were fabulous! The tables and chairs were decorated beautifullly with the covers and sashes, and the room appearance was very elegant! Maintenance even helped with some of the clean up! Great experience, and I highly recommend choosing the Charles Mack Center for any event!
Thank you for making the event a wonderful night to remember!

Sincerely,
Sharon Wilson

Profile Picture Sharon , 8/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is so nice to find a place that is elegant, sophisticated, and clean as well as a staff that is helpful and caring of your event without making sure you PAY for it. CMCC is the best of everything! Their prices are one of the few reasonable left when it comes to event rental locations. I love the flexibility to bring in your own vendors, especially catering and food - it truly sets it apart from the rest. Thank you CMCC!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/26/01, 1 Review